How come Japanese games which are meant for children are much harder than western games which are meant for adult men?

How come Japanese games which are meant for children are much harder than western games which are meant for adult men?

Attached: UnpleasantAncientCondor-size_restricted.gif (445x250, 1.32M)

Other urls found in this thread:

kids.yahoo.co.jp/games/sports/013.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Pic unrelated?

botw is harder than any western open world game

It's not even as hard as TLoU lol

>tlou
>hard
???

It's harder then BotW, yes. On grounded it's extremely hard.

retarded comparison, completely diffrent game and not even world

now compare it to like far cry, horizon zero dawn, spider man and so on, botw is harder than all of these

Because the games meant for "adult men" are actually for children going through their edge lord phase.
If the games are actually for mature audiences then why the fuck are they being treated like retarded toddlers with eye problems?

Is it harder than terraria?

Japanese adults are western children, and Japanese children are western adults.

>"How come Japanese games which are meant for children are much harder than western games which are meant for adult men?"
>They're not. Look at TLoU: it's harder then BotW.
>"N-no it isn't!"
>Yes it is. Especially on its optional difficulties.
>"Dude this is unfair! Compare it to Far Cry!"
Fuck off goalpost-moving faggot.

At least post a good example, OP
kids.yahoo.co.jp/games/sports/013.html

Games started to be judged by their imagr at first glance than gameplay mechanics
That's why COD and moviegames exist
They mask themselves as being hardcore

Pic not related, right?

You have to be retarded to die in BotW if you try to avoid it, because you can just pause the game and heal at any time, and as long as you aren't low on health you always survive one hit, even if it does more damage than you have HP. Any challenge can be easily overcome simply by hoarding more food.

Master Mode BotW is harder if you go down that path.

botw itself is not hard but it's harder than AAA open world games from the west, that's my point

It's not though, not even close. I've beaten both.

>.co.jp
NOPE
I'm not going back, I actually have to do things today. YOU WON'T GET ME THIS TIME GOD!

>you always survive one hit, even if it does more damage than you have HP
wat
Where the fuck did you get that from?
You do get killed in one hit if the damage > your health.

No, it is, by far. I’ve beaten both twice.

>autosaves before every optional combat instance
>don't need to even do anything to beat the game, can just trial and error the final boss fight over and over
Wait, you need an arbitrary stack of numbers to be able to do the latter, so I guess you have to fuck about gathering +15 sticks until then.
Faffing about is considered difficult now?

BotW's difficulty is laughable. So many broken mechanics. It's only marginally challenging at the start when you aren't overloaded with stuff.

how come games made by slavs for the ????? audience are always retardedly hard?

There is so much cheese to Master Mode and basically none to Grounded. If you found Master Mode harder, I've honestly no idea what to say. It's hard to die in Master Mode and easy to get one-shot in Grounded, and in Master Mode you can still chomp food between hits. MM wasn't even as hard as Survivor let alone Grounded.

There is one-hit protection. It's easy to see with Ganon. There's a damage threshold though. And it's not in Master Mode.

How many fucking kids are on this board? This post is either bait or OP is actually a braindead child.

>Trying to play an action-adventure game
>Every time I dodge a slow-motion prompt occurs
The fuck is this and how can I disable it?

You can't
It's fucking cancer that we get treated like retarded children who can't press buttons.

Not on base mobs, that’s for sure. Try playing naked with no extra hearts, literally everything with a non-club weapon will one-shot you.

>easy to get one-shot in Grounded

Attached: C0DD52C7-CD8A-4E8F-8B46-9A9822032A7B.png (449x401, 490K)

I thought the Divine Beasts were going to have a multitude of entrances, be climbable, and generally be a part of the overworld rather than a SM64 Painting.
What happened?
I don't want to watch a fifteen minute sequence of cutscenes for your shitty PBS children's cartoon cast of "characters" just to play some Banjo-Kazooie minigame to get into the dungeon.

Shotguns and big fucks will one-shot you and so will exploders. That's like half the enemies on grounded.

What was the point of free climbing?

>getting shot inTLoU

because western adults who play games are mentally retarded

Aonuma must have played Spider-Man 2 one time and thought
>you know how this would be better? if it was ten times slower, had a stamina wheel, and no web swinging

It's a lot harder m8. I don't think you played it.

Feels more like a last minute inclusion that Miyamoto's senile ass would have demanded.
I'm only basing that on that article about Miyamoto climbing virtual trees for three hours. That and his history for being senile and ruining video games.
Then again, Aonuma did directly quote Skyrim's city design as an influence for BotW's design, and then he went and made Todd Howard look like Michelangelo.
I'm all for taking inspiration for yer video games, God knows the world has taken plenty from Ocarina of Time, but seems like the execution trigger needs some oil cause goddamn.

Now this is bait

At least I have bait and can go fishing, unlike your retarded game.
Enjoy flopping around in the water with yer lime wedges mashing A to grab fish.
Truly a next-gen experience.

But you can’t fish or bait fish in Skyrim. Baiting is a thing in BotW, though.
Also
>playing games to fish
Sad.

Adults in Japan that play games are looked at as weird and the market is children/teens.

>he thinks the case is not such in the West
OH NO NO NO NO

I don't think it's a coincidence that both WW and BotW don't have proper fishing or underwater mechanics.

What does that have to do with anything?
The point made in reference to Skyrim was exclusively to its city designs, which are laughable in their own right (the capital city has eleven houses), but which were a direct inspiration for Aonuma.
Yet somehow he created even shittier cities, only six of which are unique to eachother, four of which are the usual suspects, and all of which have the content that a mayfly could get through.
>Content removed
>It's OK lol, I didn't want to do it anyway

not him but he said compare it with western open world games in the 3rd post and you replied with TLoU
if you're gonna bring in different genres and difficulty modes to the argument then people can just refute with things like DMC and Ninja Gaiden

Attached: eUSN9y5.gif (128x192, 6K)

The only difficult parts of botw are the ones were you can't save, like the Yiga clan hideout and the trial of the sword

BotW village design is great and literally each one is unique and recognisable. You really need to work on your bait, sweetie, this embarrassing.

>durr anything not in a game is removed content
I for one lament the removal of fishing from Halo

Asian mentality
you fuck up = your fault

burger mentality
you fuck up = teachers/school/games fault

Asians have a cultural ingrained git gud mentality for their entire life. West instead pampers and lets the kids blame others for their failures. That permeates into game design as the devs have to adjust to the respective mentality.

Attached: 1547197414131.jpg (559x554, 30K)

>gif not related