What is persona like? I haven't played any of the games and i would like to start out...

What is persona like? I haven't played any of the games and i would like to start out. Which one should i start with and why?

Attached: Persona-Series-Sales_10-30-17.jpg (600x337, 91K)

50% turn based combat
50% VN

Long and mind numbing

Start with the first one, like you would any other

pootis sepnser here pow haha!

Like he said, only it's more like 25% VN, 25% Japanese teenager time management sim.

Start with P5, you'll know if you like the game or not by the time you finish the first dungeon.

fun. Persona 5 is arguably the best in the series. Would say play it first. They do have a beefier version coming out soon, but the original is already a very complete game with tons of content and is $20 nowadays(even cheaper if you can catch a sale). 3 + 4 are great too, but harder to get access to as they are on ps2, ps3 classics, or psvita. 1 and 2 are fine, but a lot of Yea Forumstards cum their pants over them because of their contrarian appeal.

start with 4,now LEAVE THE THREAD NOW SO YOU DONT GET SPOILED, LRAVE THE THREAD NOW YOU FAGGOT

Attached: 1558378479377.png (407x416, 5K)

Big budget friend simulator. You just have to slog through a 100 hour JRPG at the same time.

Play 3 if you're still an edgelord, 4 if you want to roleplay as a chad or 5 if you like memes. They are all fundamentally the same game.

What's the best way to play Persona 4 when I only own a PS4? Should I buy a PS3 and the PS2 version of P4? A PSTV and P4G? I know P4G >>> P4 but what would the price difference be and is it worth it? Will the Vita emulator ever be finished?

Attached: file.png (240x240, 176K)

Emulate PS2

No, start with 3 you dumb nigger. Now you can leave...

Attached: get_out.png (500x500, 159K)

This man knows what's up, also try persona 2 if you're into older jrpgs, its terribly underrated.

And can be emulated easily on ppsspp

Attached: 1558628488931.png (768x768, 348K)

If there are other PS2 titles on your list just buy a used PS2 slim, otherwise emulate on PC. P4G isn't worth buying a dead system for.

>persona 2
>underrated

Doesn't really matter where you start, at most you'll get call backs to other characters that you don't know as easter eggs that don't spoil shit. 5 is probably the easiest to get into with all the quality of life it has, it for the most part drops the whole randomly generated dungeon shit that I personally hate outside Momentos, and is probably the most lax with time scheduling. They are also re-releasing 5 with more content so you might want to wait until the newer version comes out. 4 is a decent middle ground, but still has randomly generated dungeons and the story and some of the characters are a bit weak. 3 is probably the most difficult of the trio and the least refined quality of life wise, but I'd say has the better story. You also have to worry about the time crunch a lot more in 3. 1 and 2 aren't really in the style of the other 3 and are considered their own thing.

How do i play persona 5 if i only have a pc?

Jesus fuck, you guys can't decide for shit.

Thanks, i'll start with 5 and eventually i'll buy all of 'em.
But are the games connected lore wise or are they different stories?

The gap between P4G and P4 is not that great. P4G has some QoL improvements at the cost of tacked-on fanservice shit with worse writing.

Adachi is the killer

Nobody cares which one you start on. We only care if you try and talk to us without having gone back and played the rest. Nobody likes babbies.

If the new persona 5 comes on ps4 i can't becuz i don't have oje sadly and rn i'm saving up money for a new pc, but i have a ps3 so i guess i'll buy the game on it, but are there any diffenrences between the ps3 version and ps4 version?

Dojima is the killer.

Attached: eat_it.jpg (1280x720, 93K)

P1 is a straight spinoff of SMT, it's a dungeon crawler and the only difference with mainline is you have a weird grid battle system instead of rows.

P2 dualogy is a dumbed down 3D dungeon crawler but it has a nice story for a JRPG.

P3 and P4 is a mix of time management game where you build up relationships with the townsfolk and a random generated dungeon crawler. The combat also goes back to rows instead of the grid. The two halves of the game affect each other minimally. P3 has a cool ending and P4 has a comfy atmosphere though.

P5 is a mix of time management and 3D dungeon crawl where your relationships are specifically to gain upgrades for the dungeon crawling. As a game, I would say this is the only complete Persona game where the ideas all fit together.

PS4 version runs at a higher resolution and that's about it

cool

Attached: file.png (1920x1080, 883K)

Upscale your resolution mate. The models are actually pretty good when they're not blurry.

im gunna suggest 3->4->5, im the type of guy that finds it super hard to go backwards in a series and have QoL mechanics stripped away. if you dont want to commit then im gunna suggest 4. 5's writing is pretty bad and the themes of societal change and politics were too complicated for jap game writers so they default to cartoon villains and blatant symbolism

p4 embraces the stupid and just tells an engaging story about a serial murder case with likeable characters and a god tier villain, p5 is borderline pretentious with pretty boring characters outside of a few mommies you can oggle at

Fucking perfect. I checked and none of the stores that i usually buy games from have any of the persona games. Honestly why did i need to live in fucking Romania. Piece of shit country.

Persona 5 is the only good one, but you'll probably want to wait until the complete game is out (i.e.: Royal Edition)

I like your opinion.
t. started on 4

Attached: 1535465186376.png (322x404, 178K)

t.Never played P1
Anyone saying its like es em tee or w/e doesnt know what he talking about. At best, it shares that cameo connections with if

Games aren't really connected outside of the idea of personas and maybe an Easter egg here and there.

Persona is just an understocked game

Play 3 because it's normie repellent and the best in the series

Du-te joaca Fifa, Andrei.

M-ai bn imi tai coaiele si le dau la ciorile pe care le am ca vecini.

Ching chong nip nong gooky gooky tiananmen square bing bong

ba cine esti ba tu baga-mi-as pula-n natia ta sa ma fut pe fata ta pleaca de aici PLEACA

CHING CHONG NIPPY DIPPY LIGMA WINNIE THE POO GOOK MASSACRE CHINA NO. 1

Rupurudu!

Niggers!