Total War: Three Kingdoms

I opened this game and before my first turn I'm already kinda blown away. Immediately I can tell people put a lot of work into designing this UI, the narrative, the characters, the world etc. expertly to tell a good story.
Compare this to the latest shitgame produced by Paradox, Imperator: Rome, which managed to take something as magnificent and inspiring as Rome and turn it into a soulless husk, with a shitty points system that even extended to the military of the game.

Why the fuck in 2019 is a company which produced Hearts of Iron 3, and made millions by selling 500 different dlcs, and who is in a similar market as Total War, using a fucking points system for the military?

I can already tell someone gave a shit to make this game look good and be more complex than some of this total war has been recently. Most of these developers are comprised of people who do not even like their own games, and it shows in what they produce.

Attached: three kingdoms.jpg (1920x1080, 490K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=K9epFqimYq4
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Nice, glad you like it. My friend is having a blast, too. While I love RotTK, I don' t like city building a whole lot. I tried it and refunded it.

I guess I was expecting Kessen or something. The game is doing super well, though.

Have you played Romance of the Three Kingdoms X? I bought that game a while ago but I never opened it more than once. Do you have any thoughts about that or similar games in that genre? I know there's a couple good ones around there and Japan with nice political systems and stuff but I haven't played any of them.

Indeed sir!

Did you know that Total War: THREE KINGDOMS is the first in the award-winning series to recreate epic conflict across ancient China. Combining a gripping turn-based campaign of empire-building & conquest with stunning real-time battles, THREE KINGDOMS redefines the series in an age of heroes & legends.

I for one cannot wait to pay full price for this amazing video game experience!

Attached: toddrodd.jpg (809x829, 126K)

Yes, I actually love that series. I can't tell you why I can get into that but not Civ or Total War, but there it is.

The battle in the most recent ones is sort of like a board game.

youtube.com/watch?v=K9epFqimYq4

It has a lot of story events and what have you, so that might be why I love it. Also a huge musoufag.

Attached: friend.jpg (800x600, 75K)

Civ is pretty shit especially because the 1 unit turn system leads into ridiculous tactical situations where (and this is why I won't play civ 5 or civ 6) you'll have a city on the water and it'll be surrounded but it well be impossible to reinforce even with naval control because you can only have 1 unit per tile. The old ones are much better but even with civ 4 it's got too much of a feel like it's meant for a retard mobile gamer or something and less something like alpha centauri which really tries a lot more to be unique.

This is my first time playing a total war game. I have no idea what I'm doing. Do the soldiers replenish on their own? For now, do I just go around attacking settlements? Can I move troops from one general to another?

>This is my first time playing a total war game
And why on earth would you start with this?

Also I don't know what to do with the cities. I'm just clicking upgrade when it lets me but I don't really get what that's doing. Is there like a babby's guide to total war?

Just learn over time I’ve played shogun 2 Rome 2 and warhammer 2 and three kingdoms overhauled so much shit I’m kind of lost too.

Just make sure you have enough farms to feed your population and make trade deals with friendly factions.

Also units replenish in your own territory but you lose units in enemy so don’t linger to long

For some reason this reads like a paid shill. Maybe you’re not but my ad senses are tingling.

This game is definitely going to be more complicated than the others to learn but that's good thing if it the complexity ends up being worth it. This one will probably be a lot harder though but Shogun 2 is both not that hard to play and in most people's opinion, including my own, the best Total War game to date, debately so with this one and their Warhammer games.
In a total war games you typically need to be in friendly territory to reinforce. You can move units from one general to another by moving trying to move one on top of the other. You do want to conquer settlements but as games like Heroes of Might and Magic 3 will teach you is that military takes precedence before economy at the start of the match in what you want to spend your resources on at least.

Go and pirate medieval 2

I felt positive about it and I'm kind of tired of the non-human way every Yea Forums thread is written where everything must be a meme.

I think anyone would be elated after finding a better game than imperator

wouldn't be hard

Attached: smilingchineseman.jpg (312x345, 21K)

So it's better than Rome 2 and Attila? They were both pretty meh to me. Loved Shogun 2 though.

I mean he probably didn't do research, which is fine. He should def start with medieval 2 or rome 1. Rome 2 KINDA got fixed recently and Attila is still the better of the two, and I forgot to mention Shogun 2 in this.

Played a ton of total war over the years. Shogun 2 is the best of the series, followed by rome and I think warhammer with all the dlcs.

So far only a single dlc. Downloading the game now, long weekend ahead. Will lose myself as a chinese warlord for about 60 hours.

trolling chinks aside this acually looks breddy gud, might pick it up

Attached: grese.png (420x420, 12K)

How is the faction unit variety?
I heard all the armies are copy paste.
That true?

Total War is the Call of Duty of strategy games.

yes and no, generals have certain troops only they can acquire.

no thats star craft

seems better than Shogun 2 at least

Rome 2 was terrible. At least it was when I played it. I remember resigning myself to the fact that there wouldn't be any more good Total War games because of how these companies never improve. You see stuff like Bioshock Infinite, company is trashed. Bioware with Andromeda, company never improves. Bethesda with Skyrim. I think that after you get the wrong idiots working on the game, if you don't get them out, you're never going to make something good ever again.

what kind of lame ass hit piece is this?

waiting for price drop first

they took notes from Endless series.

I think it's a lot easier to appreciate if you don't imagine modern China under the communist party which destroyed its cultural heritage but imagine China as it was in this time period when it was comparable to Rome.

Attached: troops.jpg (1920x1080, 616K)

I wish arrows worked like in Shogun

Its bad but surprisingly theres so much map layout variety that the units dont even matter.

>seems better than Shogun 2 at least

That is a blatant fucking lie. There are only generic unit types like "spearman" and "swordman w/ shield" for all the factions. Generals and strategists have access to different types of units but that's about as much customization as you're gonna get.

What a fucking waste of a good era to base your game on with this fucking mobile-shit looking drivel.

Attached: three anime.webm (369x204, 2.92M)

Think I can run this well enough on a GTX 770? Heard this one is optimized pretty good and the other Total War games I can usually get to 60 fps on medium settings.

I would also love to know this.

I need to replace the old girl but my 770 is still pulling her weight some how.

I think I'm just going to build a new computer by 2020 to line up with the new console gen rather than upgrading because I bottlenecked my rig pretty hard. It still runs everything I want nicely enough though.

what's the name of the unit that has those leather looking shields? the one in looks rattan

Ive played all the historical total wars but i dont give a fuck about china and the battles look like shit.

DLCs will fix the unit variety.
Honestly though they shoudl have just went full fantasy with dragons and shit. Everything should be fantasy so much more interesting.

I can see that in the UI. Endless does a lot of things well but combat was never one of them. If they make a game with good combat it'll be a great strategy game.

based shill

I get what you're saying. European history is really fucking garbo, so I only care about Shogun 2 and 3K. Battles in TW have always been bad though.

>Immediately I can tell people put a lot of work into designing this UI

what gave it away, how clustered and overlapping everything is? or is it all the pop ups because god forbid you make a readable fucking map?

Looks like chink mobashit, don’t tell me people actually think this UI is good?

obvious shill

thats what warhammer is for

Every game should be warhammer (but a little better).

cant wait till they start shoveling new heroes and factions down our throat as dlc on a monthly basis

The Han Dynasty was comparable to Rome, they came out at the same time. The Fall of the Han was much like the Fall of Rome, save that the Fall of Rome gave us King Arthur, which was never properly recorded. The Fall of the Han, in contrast, was recorded, which is why the Romance of the Three Kingdoms could be written

no thanks, battles were too short for me and the 1 direction sieges were dumb. not saying nothing good to be found in it but im waiting for WH3. both realistic battles and fantasy are great in their own ways