Here's your nilfgaardian armor bro

here's your nilfgaardian armor bro

Attached: 1558665949579.jpg (1750x1062, 784K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=yX63fW6Sha4
dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3113418/Horrifying-moment-lioness-reared-attack-killed-American-tourist-Katherine-Chappell-South-African-safari-park.html
pastebin.com/h18M28BR
desuarchive.org/his/thread/5526254/#5526329
boards.fireden.net/v/thread/441551507/#441565260
upi.com/Archives/1997/08/02/Tiger-kills-grandparents-in-Japanese-park/8564870494400/
dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3108323/American-woman-29-killed-lion-identified-emerges-taking-pictures-seconds-animal-attacked.html
imdb.com/name/nm8159209/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Attached: picsart_05-23-12.51.48.jpg (663x945, 182K)

Attached: picsart_05-23-12.49.42.jpg (663x939, 339K)

is this the shit they are using in the Netflix series?
I knew it was going to be a flop from when they released the actors but holy shit what are they doing?

Attached: bennyu.jpg (412x400, 115K)

Why do movies and TV shows always opt for shitty looking biker leather armor instead of something realistic and beautiful like pic related?

Attached: platearmor.jpg (352x510, 32K)

its expensive

Bullshit. I call bullshit. That's so fucking retarded I refuse to believe it.

Attached: 1558663617455.webm (480x600, 2.89M)

Cause netflix.
You were to go on the hbo spectrum and you would be able to find better props like in rome where legionares wear lorica hamata and it's all around historically accurate.

(((Money)))

Unfortunately probably this I expected nothing from the show and still I'm disappointed. My only hope now is that it will crash and burn spectacularly and I can at least get some pleasure from schadenfreude.

it doesn't even make fucking sense aesthetically

never played the games or read the books, are they supposed to be tree warriors or something or at all nature based? that's the vibe i'm getting from the armor on the right.

>books go to great lengths to keep the weapons and armour realistic
>games use real equipment for everyone but the truly fantastical enemies
>time for the Netflix show and they're wearing black plastic scrotums

Attached: 1558601722528.jpg (970x542, 84K)

I expected nothing and still I am disappointed

co to kurwa jest

Attached: 7b9.jpg (326x326, 16K)

Fuck no they are the holy roman empire with a fetish for black clothing.

they're meant to be a mix of the holy roman empire and the ottoman empire, heavy plate armor, complex siege engines and slave operated factories

>why do kingdoms opt giving peasants some stiff leather instead of armor that were meant for nobility?

Nah, Nilfgaard is just the name of the empire. They're 100% humans with a generic medieval culture.

PATRICK
I DON'T THINK THIS NETFLIX ADAPTATION CAN GET ANY WORSE

Shit like that was never given to the rank and file.

>Fuck no they are the holy roman empire with a fetish for black clothing.
Boy do I have news for you

>the soldiers are so well trained that instead shaping their armor to deflect blows you shape it to catch blows better to mock the enemy
absolute chads.

Why is Ser Bronn of the Blackwater in The Witcher?

yikes

Why not give them chainmail instead of play-doh

Attached: 1558301473939.jpg (500x281, 96K)

Attached: 15586639435401.jpg (623x1000, 194K)

I don't know if you're baiting or what but peasants don't do the fucking fighting except in extremely desperate circumstances. You know why? THEY'RE PEASANTS. KNIGGAS NEED TO EAT.

Feudalism saw a simple system of the fighting nobility and the working serfs. The Witcher is way past Feudalism and is more on the level of 100 Years War tech level at least. During this period, most if not all armies consisted of full time professional mercenaries who were very, very well equipped.

I imagine your next line is going to be something like how it's stupid to compare this to reality, but you know what? In The Witcher universe, the only fucking peasant regiment is the Poor Fucking Infantry, who are untrained volunteers, and they were still given chainmail and a helmet.

this is wrong and evil

Attached: 1557127969650.png (514x401, 272K)

Attached: Putty-Patrollers.jpg (852x639, 80K)

I want to go back 2005

Attached: Fuck this.jpg (400x400, 21K)

Peasants would not be given leather armor though, when linen gambesons exist and are both cheaper and more protective than any leather armor despite Hollywood has taught us.

Modern costume designers for medieval fantasy shows are completely fucked in the head. I didn't think it could get any worse than Game of Thrones (pic related) but here we are with wrinkled garbage bag Nilfgaardians.

Attached: quality.jpg (1696x3198, 2.43M)

>fucking historylet
Leather armor is a meme. High quality boiled leather is still too expensive for any "peasants" and a simple gambeson would be far more effective.

Videogame adaptations are incapableo f being good.
No, your beloved Mortal Kombat movie isn't good, it's the cinematic equivalent of a shitpost as much as any other videogame movie.

Attached: 1541076263868.jpg (1200x900, 160K)

That isn't supposed to be Cahir is it? Jesus fuck way to ruin the aesthetic of his armor at the very least, the Nilfgaardian plate armor/helmets in the games are modeled after his description in the books

lol no
they're just soldiers with a thing for black because they're from an empire where the symbol is a black sun

Attached: Nilfy.webm (420x610, 933K)

this, gambeson is underrated as fuck

Everybody from Europeans christucks to Middle Easter mudeslimes to the Aztecs (see pic) and Maya used Gambeson

Attached: captive-warrior Dorling Kindersley.jpg (2035x1607, 451K)

What the fuck is this really from the show?

>that Yen

Attached: 3FFD1D1A-15CF-422C-BE46-1EA9349581A8.jpg (480x46, 2K)

Gamberson is not gay as leather like this. Black gamberson would have been actually pretty cool. Even if this by some miracle is, they should have gone for other design since this looks gay.

jesus this looks terrible

based nut sac armor

People are forgetting the fact that these things are colored for the sake of CGI. It'll go from cheap looking my first LARP to cheap CGI.

If those are supposed to be peasant conscripts they are still doing a shit job on their armor, looks too good for peasants and too shit for knights/nobility

at least they're having fun

OH NO NO NO unironically.

Explain to me how this got okayed

The Aztecs wore T-shirts, that's great.

its looks like hes wearing a black gambeson underneath

That makes it better how?

wtf why are they all unattractive niggers now?

Any examples of cool gambesons?

literally google it

I wanted to know what you think are cool gambesons, because you sounded like you had an educated opinion. Googling will just get me any old gambesons.

Season 1 was mostly serviceable to decent. but they really shit the bed toward the last few seasons in terms of costume and armor design.

>the Ballsackian empire

and they're fucking cool dude

>here's your nilfgaardian armor bro
Looks like people larping, not a professional television show.

what in the goddamn

guys it's OK. they're more like placeholders. they will draw the originals on top of them with CGI, that's how these things work. have faith in cavill

>fingerprint armor
that's a new one.

How the fuck did people not die of heatstroke when in armor? Did they just not fight in summer? Just wearing a sweater you would overheat on a hot, sunny day much less thick-ass cloth armor with a layer of mail on top then another layer of plate.

Cos they weren't weak faggots
Also Europe isnt scorching hot

>fell for the Hollyjew leather meme

Gambeons looks best when covered by additional pieces of armor like a brigandine.

Attached: Brigandine.jpg (1600x2400, 416K)

They took it off.

FUCK
someone put Andrzej Sapkowski on suicide watch NOW.

Where did all the chainmail go? Everyone is just wearing a gambeson with a few plates stuck to it.

HAHAHAHA

Attached: lhkmf.jpg (964x964, 103K)

oh nonono

Its too european

Witcher isn't a videogame adaptation you retard.

How is it that in the current year people still haven't figured out how to read a wikipedia page on historical functional armor and incorporate it into a show/movie/game properly

I guess they only put it on a few minutes before going into combat. Also the planet was probably colder back then

This looks so bad, it is unreal. wtf is going on over there?

First the shit casting, now this. Cavill is going to get cucked again isn't he? He was a great supes, but the DCU fucking sucked ass, and now this.

lmao what a fucking trainwreck

Attached: kurwi.jpg (965x602, 114K)

>post loras armor
>don't include the rad ass helm

Attached: loras-tyrell.jpg (1189x695, 67K)

It went into the lead actors' and HBO's jews' paychecks.

An adaption of the shitty books then?
Even worse.

>supes
fuck off

eat my shit you slack-jawed faggot.

Gambesons might be practical, but I hated wearing them in Witcher 3 because I I didn't Geralt wearing a duvet into battle.

>He was a great supes,
Not really.

Ok, this is based

>rad ass helm
>wearing an onion into battle

When will they add the most practical armor seen in fiction?

Attached: Sieg.jpg (425x550, 36K)

I'm not really sure why they'd do it like that.
They were never going to base it of designs in the games though, they would have to pay CDPR if that was the case.

it's ceremonial armor dingus. Still rad though.

This can't be real.

Modern audiences expect soldiers to have armour, so would rail against something giving soldiers no armour. And gambeson look fucking goofy as fuck to modern sensibilities. Hard to say what it'll look like till you see it after post.

It's clearly the actors getting used to their costumes my dudes.

It's tournament armour, not ceremonial

Remind me again, is the author of the books involved with the Netflix series?

Because it seems like he's destroyed most his brain from huffing his own farts, and this seems precisely like something he would do.

I don't think the problem is the actors goofing around, it's that the armor looks like shit, even more so in motion. When the one guy steps on the other guy on the ground, you can tell the costume is squishy, like foam.

this is Triss, say something nice about her

Attached: wanna.jpg (1280x720, 84K)

They could've went to Weta Workshops like Peter Jackson did for LOTR and got boatloads of fake chainmail armor for cheap and instead they just wrapped trash bags around people

No shit, most armour is in TV, that's what post production is for. They use all kinds of silver spray painted wool stuff to simulate armour on actors, sometimes they use re-enactors as background characters for close up shots wearing something more real.

He says he's the one supervising everything and gave netflix control to exercise his vision on what witcher is but in reality it's obvious he just sold the TV rights and is enjoying the cash while letting them do whatever they want.

Andrzej Sapkowski is serving as 'creative consultant', probably means he told them Nilfgard should look like they're wearing the tanned leather from the wrinkled ballsacks of giants.

WETA haven't been so hot for a while my dude.

Armor made from tanned basilisk scrotum.

Can't do much about the face, but the tits look nice.

He's probably doing this to spite the video game series that made it popular
Wouldn't be surprised, he seems like a gigantic asshole

She's at least going to be a redhead in the show, right?

how could you possibly make this creatura a redhead?

Attached: wannas.jpg (1200x1807, 402K)

Say what you want, I actually think her facial traits would suit Triss. Assuming they give her the red hair, I think she'd work out.

Dios Mio...

dye or a wig

Triss is a garbage character in both the games and the books so nobody over 15 should care

would bang

how about Yen?

seek help

Attached: wanyap.jpg (1500x1377, 357K)

I mean, at least she has the freckles.

Trying to crash the series

What's the problem with ?

>Dark skinned chick playing the ginger chick
>Holocaust survivor looking womanlet playing the strong and independent soreceress
>WE WUZ SORCERESSES AND SHIET

Attached: DlsPkFBUcAEF4r5.jpg (1024x930, 53K)

how do you do fellow Poles?

Attached: wmimi.jpg (800x300, 33K)

top fucking lmao
what the fuck

Attached: 1414870114678.jpg (125x113, 4K)

the one on the right could easily have been cast as a Persian or Egyptian girl for those diversity points, don't know why they feel the need to make everyone an inaccurate shitskin

He doesn't care as long as he gets his vodka money.

>wtf is going on over there?
Did you seriously expect something good fro ma Netflix series?

>you will never get paid to fuck around with foam armor and fake swords

Hollywood hates redheads

Attached: 0ELtXIqo.jpg (1000x2500, 725K)

>jfw ballsack armor

Attached: joxer the mighty.jpg (1024x768, 91K)

Move around the letters in ginger and you get...

Fucking kek

"Gringer." Which is what a redneck Mexican would call a white person.

Attached: 1517765162384.gif (360x264, 2M)

Joxer was fucking based

She got a bit of Emmy Rossum going for her, so I don't think she is bad. The only choice I like in female cast.

Attached: shameless-710-2128-r.jpg (1200x800, 121K)

tournaments are a ceremony

>garbage bags armor
Kek. I feel bad for polaks actually.

Attached: 1456360736770.gif (207x200, 1.61M)

not exactly, it got no cheap shots, but damn they did hit for real in them
only russians do proper tournaments these days with real historical spears, EU fags get scared when they come to meets

Attached: 59659fae8e5e0ee01f24e77a7ae6418f.jpg (869x580, 199K)

absolutely not. yen looks fierce and powerful. this bitch looks like the girl-next-door.

still it's a place someone would go and show off their armor of course there's going to be fancier shit at the tournament than in a battlefield

Yen looks like 18 year girl in the books. Fragile and cute. She is scary only because of her reputation not looks. Game Yen is wrong.

>that armour
>that default fantasy falchion

user, you really do not understand middle ages mentality
there was more fancy shit on battlefield than at tournaments, for example did you know most of helmets were painted? so was armor, those paints didn't hold for long
it's a huge hollywood misconception, war was part of life, warrior was showing off on the field all the time, it's a common knowledge among medievalists

I never said they didn't show it off in the field just that they show it off more at fucking tournaments try to prove me wrong with your medieval history degree I dare you

The lax casting should have been a MAJOR red flag that the series was going to suck, but I suppose hope springs eternal and we were all too lenient for giving it the benefit of the doubt.
It's like I never learn from this shit.

>Everyone is a different race
I truly don't give 2 shits in a fantasy setting with magic and monsters and dragons if they change the races around. As long as they are good actors with good scripts then I'll be glad to watch it. If they swap a Polish person for a Indian or any other combo, it all amounts to who gives a shit. Fuck I heard that Aladdin story was originally a Chinese folk tale not Arab.

What worries me is all the twitter baiting the staff is doing. Fuck, work on making a great show not triggering people on fucking twitter.

i refuse to believe, this is made in hungary. I personally know competent medieval warfare freaks tha worked on spartacus and robin hood and they know their shit.

tournament armor was specially made for spear impacts in certain areas, that's the whole difference between battle armor and tournament
battle armor was as fancy as tournament one
there is plenty of photos, you have to understand though that there are grades, there is king's armor, there is baron armor and there is man-at-arms armor
they all were fancy to the limit of one's monetary ability

Reminder that Fringilla is Anna Henrietta's cousin

WE

every country got reconstruction freaks. film makers rarely consult them. heck they would even bring their own armor and weapons and do perfect battlefield for free, but nope.

>NOW.
He's been on suicide watch ever since they announced the cast.

it's gambeson m8

>The ichcahuipilli (from Nahuatl: ichcatl, cotton, and huīpīlli, shirt)(known in Spanish as "Escaupil") was a Mesoamerican military armor, similar to the European gambeson, and was commonly used by the Aztecs and the Tlaxcalans. It was constructed of several layers of braided cotton at least 2 inches thick, and hardened with brine and other substances.

>The armor was designed primarily to protect the torso of the warrior from obsidian swords, arrows and atlatl darts, it was made of successive layers of cotton and jute which would gradually slow and trap the arrows, rather than divert them, like European plate armour. Because this armor was padded it protected well against the cutting blows of the macuahuitl and the heavy blows of batons.

>It was a light garment sewn in diamond-shaped patterns, and worn directly over the skin. Usually, the most experienced warriors, especially those of the orders of eagle warriors and jaguar warriors used it to complement the tlahuiztli.

>The Ichcahuipilli was made in different designs. The most common was a vest style that covered the torso down to the hips, but other designs were made and worn by Aztec soldiers of different ranks and warrior societies. The armor came in sleeved variations or in designs that covered most of a warrior's body down to the knees.

Tlahuitzli were full body suits worn over the icahuipilli by elite soldiers, which was an additional layer of thick cotton, and then thousads of feathers of varying colors adorned on it to make specific patterns like a mosiac, such as jaguar spots, or geometric designs, etc, depending on the rank, company, etc of the indivual in question. The overlapping spines of the feathers would stop and glance blows off. There was also Ehuatl, which is sort of like a tunic/vest version of Tlahuitzli, which also had a skirt of leather strips or feathers, and since it was mainly worn by royaltry, also with gold armbads/legbands.

Attached: Attire from the Aztec and other Nahua, Central Mexican groups. EVEN MORE DOWNSCALED AND COMPRESSED.j (3443x2256, 3.14M)

I miss the tourneys, the local fair where I live in the US hosted actual jousts for years until some guys got seriously wounded in one. Now it's all scripted actor bullshit, what's even the point.

>I truly don't give 2 shits in a fantasy setting with magic and monsters and dragons if they change the races around.

Youugly sack of shit. Not only is the Witcher a Low-Fantasy setting the monsters play a minor part in the story. Its rather about politics and ethics (racism, war and justice)than about dragons and monsters.
And now i will tell you why thats important what you mention:
The world in Witcher 3 is divided in North and South. There was never a great migration wave and people are attacked in this world just because of their accent.
For example: geralt is in a temarian pub ( shabby place) and he asks the bartender for a beer.
Now some fuckboy comes around and says something about the rivian accent.
Not only are rivians and temarians white they are literally just like few days travel apart.
Same things happens when Nilfgaard invaded the Northern kingdoms and settled their own slightly brown settlers .
they are literally hated for their skin + language.
So now we have a nigger and a paki women larp as Northern witches in the Netflix series.
And we are going to have niggers and pakis in the Norterhn realm.
This doesnt make sense in this world where people hate every outsider.
And where did the black people come from when the counrties described having them are located incredible far away?

see
They did. If you read about the Conquest of Mexcio, a lot of the Conquistadors with metal armor said "fuck this bullshit" due to the heat and humidity and gave it up in favor of ichcahuipilli they got from the native city-states they allied with, and at least in one case, see pic, ehuatl, as described in This also goes a long way to explain why the Mesoamericans didn't use metal armor despite having bronze metallurgy: If the climate is such that even people well accustomed to using metal armor give up due to it; why would you use it yourself? And without metal armor it would shatter against, there's no reason to stop using obsidian in your weapons since it's sharper then a copper or bronze weapon ever could be, and it's lesser durability won't be a concern.

Attached: Conquistador on horseback wearing an Ehuatl tunic, from the Lienzo de Tlaxcala.png (590x535, 611K)

Yea Forums truly is the brainlet medium.

zendaya is cute and foxx is an honorary white but the other shit is horrendous

embrace diversity, goy

Attached: geraltWE.jpg (810x834, 720K)

I thought this shit was from some fan made youtube video, jesus christ.
Jesus christ, again.
Why can't we have nice things?

There's a war on beauty in America.

tournaments weren't all jousting user

Fucking furries

>Hating on Mace the Ace's kingly armor, he can wear padded cloth under that regal as shit gear because no one has the balls to actually go against him
Fuck you and your mother

why do blacks have yellow and bloodshot eyes?
is it an inherited trait or is it coming from their lifestyle?

>not fashioning your armor after apex predators

Books were enjoyable enough and games were nearly perfect so I can at least dismiss this show and not feel like I'm missing out.

Why is he wearing a trash bag for armor, what the fuck?

I was a devoted Yenfag but now all I want is to die in Triss's caramel pusy!

reminder that the same technique used to make the feathered suits was used to make religious art in the colional period; which were "paintings" made of thousands of feathers

imagine going into battle and seeing your enemies decked out in gleaming iridesecent feathers like this shit

Attached: featherart04-768x1152.jpg (768x1152, 500K)

The one I'm really scared about is Amazon's Second Age of Arda series. We were lucky enough to get a pretty good film trilogy but no way in hell could a good show series be put together these days.

Reminder that Europeans armors were almost always painted to show how wealthy you were but historians hated this so they scrubbed the paint off.

All three didn’t mention skincolor in your pic, so if they get the hair and eye color right it’s very true to the book. :^)

>is it an inherited trait or is it coming from their lifestyle?
Hepatitis
So I guess a little bit of both

>how could you possibly make this creatura a redhead?
A fucking wig? Are you being retarded on purpose or what?

>yellow
jaundice, liver failure
>bloodshot
drug use

normal black people have normal eyes

Too bad Sapkowski has white as a default setting in the books because every black character is actually described having black or brown skin color

are YOU being retarded?
i could put up an afro wig, it won't make me black

Attached: Nigra[1].gif (30x52, 2K)

I refuse to believe this is what you say it is.
This HAS to be some sort of CGI thingy or something. There's no way they all sat there and thought, "Yes, these plastic trash bag wrinkled scrotum nerf raisin men look great." No way.

Attached: 54731714_2017179845253079_4342401075524897371_n[1].jpg (480x480, 70K)

but it's so common i thought there'd be some other reason

>didn't mention skincolor
>"And pale with a truly deathly, morbid, utterly ghastly paleness."

Attached: 1451682669744.png (302x287, 149K)

because if you'd go to an actual medieval battlefield,

Attached: Juan_bautista_cuiris-portrait_of_christ_made_of_humming_bird_and_parrot_feathers.jpg (1274x1721, 555K)

he didn't mention that they weren't alien xenomorphs from dead space either, netflix got all of this wrong. It should cast them as fucking aliens.

I honestly don't even think it's a political thing for them. I genuinely believe it's a weird sex thing. They have a weird fascination with race swapping. I don't think they know it's sexual, they're convinced it's political too but it's a fetish.
>So why did you open your own balloon factory?
>I don't know, I always just had an affinity for inflation. I just find it really neat, like I want to be around it you know? It's just a weird passion I guess

Like that, but with race

Attached: 1544052492133.jpg (640x652, 43K)

akshully
from the point machine pressing plates became available, plate armor was bog standard

It looks like they fired the guy who tried making an original design, threw away all his notes, and when they couldn't find a good replacement, they just scooped up a balled up design sheet from the trash and when they brought it to the chink costume makers they outsourced, they thought all the wrinkles and shit from being a crumpled up piece of notebook paper was part of the actual design

I specified ornamented plate, not regular man-at-arms plate.
Plate became in-vogue in the 1400's for a brief period before arquebuses crawled in large numbers into European warfare and the swedish revolutionized and obsoleted tercio tactics and armour and the age of melee weapons got phased out.

>Americans designing armor

there is your problem. Cowboys are literally the least qualified for the job

>And gambeson look fucking goofy as fuck to modern sensibilities
Not as goofy as ballsack armor.

>Dejected
>Sad
>People of color can’t look pale because they’re experiencing negative emotions
>implying that constitutes as a reference for skin color
Although I know they’re supposed to be white characters, you’re making a bad argument.

If the character’s skincolor isn’t mention but the book mentions a type of hair and haircolor, if you match that hairtype it doesn’t matter. You’re still being retarded.

Yes, that’s possible

OUCH!

This. Stop your speciecism already, bigots

She died recently, its not a joke.

Well they got the braindead slav subhuman look down, at least.

Show me a picture of a black person that you would describe as morbidly pale you dumb fuck.

and a surviving shield

It'll only stop looking goofy if people start to get exposed to it

Attached: Personal Shield of the Aztec Emperor Ahuitzotl, Museum of Ethnology, Vienna feather.jpg (1646x2117, 2.82M)

This is pretty much what I was expecting

>biting this mongoloid's bait

Butt-chin Superman Legolas is playing Geralt. They all sat there and thought exactly that.

the back

Attached: img-2.jpg (375x432, 170K)

they forgot magic was supposed to turn them to beauties.

>eu*o*eans destroyed this civilisation

Dobson no...

>It's fucking real.

Why?
Why do people make such obvious and blatant bad decisions when it comes to movies and TV series based on 'other' media??? Why is this such a consistent thing that happens???

Like, I'd understand 'small' changes, but this is a BIG changes. And it's ALWAYS biggest changes and TERRIBLE, just fucking AWFUL, big changes. I'm genuinely fucking confused. I can't wrap my head around it in the slightest.

Attached: Anime_DoesntGetIt.png (510x346, 242K)

Here you go lad

Attached: 3130E055-6313-48B0-8B08-8F699762865F.jpg (640x960, 34K)

aztec game like sekiro WHEN?

Attached: 1483825373805.png (572x612, 623K)

Maybe the black lady is just the voice actress? Or maybe they'll use cgi to make her white? haha...

>mulatto with red hair
Talk about uncanny valley

RACE DOESN'T MATTER YOU BIGOT, YOU SHOULD HAVE NO PROBLEM THEY'RE CHANGING ALL CHARACTERS TO BLACK IT'S STILL THE SAME YOU STUPID RACIST CUNT

Then why am I laughing?

Good job it looks nothing like the actress they cast.

>lock a great mesoamerican setting game in short, shallow unoriginal loreless fromvaporware games

Das rite, white boi, I'm one of you.

It's a low budget cash grab. They don't care.

They could have actually gotten me to watch the show if they didn't race bait all the time

The problem is they probably got someone that cares, but for his own issues.

>cash grab
Doubtful, cash grabs don't go well with obvious agenda pushing like the casting choices.

They are gonna do the same with Rand in the amazon adaption, huh?

get woke
go broke

>short, shallow unoriginal loreless fromvaporware
bitter faggot detected lol

People keep saying 'it's expensive to make actual armor for shows' but exactly how expensive could it be if cosplayers could easily do it?
Pictures like , you don't even need that much armor for the regular footsoldier, and just make two dozen hero suits of armor for the main characters and villains, and CGI the rest. It should not cost prohibitory amounts even for a hundred suits of armor for a TV show of this caliber, and even then good designs can help you cut further corners.
I don't buy the expense argument. Maybe if it were Hollywood accounting, but it should be far from the reason why.
I'm thinking they saw the backlash with the casting and showrunners and are just trying to cut their losses at this point.

Luckily we have make-up

niggertron who spent $60 for a 30 hours rehash detected

netflix witcher?

Triss is a mutt now btw.

They can do both at the same time, they're shameless.

they're retarded.

>I don't give 2 shits

I GIVE MANY SHITS

NETFLIX ALSO BASTARDIZED DEATH NOTE WITH "WE WUZ L"

Eh, I like her looks. This one might be decent.

All sorceresses are mutts now

Cash grabs go incredibly well with obvious agenda pushing, what are you on about? Encourage the neckbeards to work up a lather online (free publicity) while hiring dirt-cheap staff who will get all sorts of media attention praising their "wokeness" and maybe, just maybe, you'll get some hamplanets watching it.

They think they can do both at the same time.

It's literally the worst possible casting for Triss

>redhead, light eyes

>cast as black chick with dark hair

Henry Cavill is too good looking to be geralt. This was trash from the get go

Truly deathly, ghastly, utterly morbid paleness

Attached: Screenshot_1.png (438x469, 207K)

unironically this and
this.
agenda pushed onto fans who obviously dont give a flying fuck whatsoever about the agenda pushed.
witcher audience: huwhyte boiz
agena: blacks, mutts and wymyn
recipe: blown out wallets
likely just buying the title rights to use in future shows/movies

implying i paid and that its rehashed
poor friendless chump you must be. stay mad whiteboy

It is not that big of a deal in my honest opinion. You guys are blowing it out of proportion , she’s black , get over it. If black people annoy you that much than don’t watch I suppose. However, I do want to know why are most of you this racist? You played the Witcher , you guys are fans, you know how despicable racism is. The story of the Witcher encourages inclusion of all races, yes she’s not an elf of halfling but she’s still a minority , and that I thought you’d understand. It sickens me the hate in your blood runs so deep , but I’m not at all surprised. Hopefully this will make you re-consider, but I’ve played the games and read the books, so I know it won’t.

Sincerely,
A Cock Smoking Fag.

>get over it

let's cast a Chinese Malcolm X then, faggot

People make blatant bad decisions in all industries all the time. You just notice it more in the film industry. Sometimes smart people do dumb things. Sometimes dumb people do dumb things.

Geralt's too good looking to be Geralt in the games too. Those games are going to be a failure.

you paid that and it's rehashed
seethe harder fromnigger

>Not wanting one of your favorite characters to be miscast automatically makes you a racist now.
Shut up, you ignorant twat.

Attached: 1525826352918.jpg (284x420, 39K)

lol buzzwording fool stay mad

>despicable it is
No. It's ingrained in our DNA to not trust/stay around other groups of people for blatantly obvious reasons. In Argentina all the white argos stay away from the black argos because they attack them. (it's supposed to be your fantasy of a homogeneous multi-race society) It only works on a very small scale.
Step outside your fantasy world (or rather just go outside)

t. Guy who lives in the Southern US (the highest % of bl*cks in the US and consequently the most dangerous states in the US)

LMAO
IT WILL BE A FUCKING SHITSHOW

why am I upset? because hollyjews are using a medium of entertainment as a political/virtue signalling weapon and smearing their shit all over it.
I'm not racist, you fucking mongoloid SJW retard. I just like the witcherverse and it's characters and the video games, I watch movies to have fun since they are objectively a medium of entertainment. I don't watch a movie to participate in a political or racial or social cause, I watch it to have fun.
Ciri, Triss and Yen are all unique characters in the witcherverse. Cirilla is a beautiful Nilfgaardian Princess with elven elder blood and has beautiful ashen hair and green eyes, that's really fucking cool and makes her unique. Triss is a beauty with aesthetic auburn hair, one of the rarest and prettiest hair colours in the world. Yennefer is an enchanting sorceress with black hair and violet eyes. I know these characters and like them for what they are. When you dump *all* of the characteristics of these characters in the trash and horseshoe some entirely different character that doesn't bear physical resemblence to them except for the name, you destroy the uniqueness of that character and you essentially remove it from existence.

This is not and has nothing to do with your retarded obsession with black people and dark skin colours and your hate boner for white skin colour (also known as racism). It's about characters being removed and another characters hamfisted in their place in a political/social justice move in a FUCKING MEDIUM OF ENTERTAINMENT. I go to a fucking witcher show to see great novels and video games depicted in a different medium of entertainment, not to see them weaponised for your retarded meme victim complex political bullshit.

Sincerely, a brown person who would beat the shit out of you if he got his hands on your SJW incel ass.

Attached: 1515770383696.png (349x339, 75K)

>white argos
lol

Attached: 1554807043530.jpg (480x488, 63K)

Attached: 1536241819777.jpg (920x772, 65K)

ALL argos are white, based argo poster.

>no cat eyes

>eyes
peepers*

The girl from the new Spiderman movies is specifically not Mary Jane though. Are you being stupid on purpose?

>failflix
>fringila niggo
>kikowski
only reason you ameriburgers consider witcher series good and "based" is because you played the games first and games are based and solid piece of fantasy

t. guy who actually met sapkowski at fantasy literature con and left disgusted with that arrogant libshit faggot

Reminder that Yennefer is only slightly whiter than the rest because Istredd (Nigger in the show) will steal her from Geralt (56%)

Based Pole

this is one elaborate ruse, kudos to whomever thought of this

Attached: 1453640188355.png (477x539, 15K)

>I honestly don't even think it's a political thing for them.
It's Netflix you inbred faggot.

In the name of Hungary I came to say I'm sorry. There was nothing we could do.

This civilization destroyed itself, Europeans just capitalized on it.

>have read the books
>have spent hundreds of hours in the games
>be utterly unfazed by this high-budget cosplay fanfiction

All is fucking good. The TV series is a big budget, non-canon fan fiction to me. I am content.

Attached: 1548737278682.gif (300x300, 1.96M)

Hue here, can't you guys petition or something?

>tv thread on v
yeah tv is that way >>>>>>>>

same
from the moment it was revealed Netflix is doing it, i knew i'll only be interested in the lols it generates

Nah we're gonna take the money and run.

i mean i get the whole blacked thing but why is yen a teenager

She can be Triss, if makeup and hair are done right.

All the race shit aside, this legitimately looks low budget as fuck and terrible. It's going to be as terrible as the Death Note netflix movie

Won't change that she's a shitty chav actress who can only play chavs well; and you really think if they didn't give a rat's ass about Nilf armours looking like blackie scrotums they'll waste money on making Triss look okay?

cope

BRAVEclapSTUNNINGclapPOWERFUL
Its all so tiresome

hopefully soon user

The one silver lining of the rise of SJWism is that we might get more games in other settings and cultures. I'm not holding my breath though because they also just whine about cultural appropoiraiton all the time.

Black L in death note was fine because it was completely americanized.

Attached: Montezuma's Palace besides the city center (off to the right), in Tenochtitlan, the Aztec capti (1200x800, 323K)

Kudos to Netflix, I guess

The game is already a movie. Imagine being so much of a pleb that you can't bother to play even a moviegame for a good story?

I'm not too sure what a female chav would be like but if that means she's a self-centered witty and aggressive female that pretty much describes Triss from the books and first two games. Actually that describes all the Sorceresses for the most part; Yen being the biggest asshole in the entire story is actually quite the feat when you think about it.

Triss spends a lot of the story heaping abuse on the Witchers.

i expect nothing from that garbage Netflix show and i'm stil let down.

Attached: 1555446321784.png (499x465, 406K)

>I'm not too sure what a female chav
Look up what chav means then? British wiggers basically

The Hexer tv show is now officially of higher quality than the netflix show, and that's saying something.

Did mom forget to iron his iron?

I've watched Guy Ritchie's movies and Layercake, I know what chavs are. I just am not clear if the women in those movies are chavs. Because if you just made the male characters from those movies sorceresses, that's pretty much exactly as they are.

They never fucking stop being catty; just like the men in those movies. Half the dialogue is them shitting on each other or those around the.

yes and the same in lotr series

>dom mommy gf yen is played by someone younger than me
Blacks can get a pass if cute because chocolate milkies can be as good as any other milkies, but a 23 year old mommy is gonna be a big yikes from me

You sound like a total fag and also a spic.

based scoob

>mommy
you people are subhuman, all you can ever contribute is "mommy"

Leaked clip from the new show

youtube.com/watch?v=yX63fW6Sha4

Looks like nilfgards don't have mommie to iron their shirts.

You replied to the wrong person, retard.

I refuse to believe that's real

You have got to be shitting me... This can't be real. They look like giant wrinkled testicles, WTF IS THIS SHIT?!

Anyone else just watching for the shitshow and memes that will inevitably come out of this mess? My popcorn is ready

Attached: 1478777798212.gif (235x148, 957K)

god I hate Niggers

looks like they took a fat suit from those big momma´s house movies and painted it grey

I'm with ya boy, can't wait

how does that not look goofy as fuck though

based. if you're emotionally invested in any way in this show, you're doing it wrong.

me
i really love The Witcher but i can't find it in myself to be mad
even my normiest colleagues were joking that since it's Netlix they will for sure "make Geralt black" so it's not like it's going to steal the popularity from the books and the games

well tbf I used to be invested, but all these hilariously shit decisions by ((Hissrich)) just kept piling up and eventually broke me and now I'm fully in for the keks exclusively

It's like he forgot to take his armor out of the dryer and it got all wrinkly.

>Dandelion gets blacked

Top Kek! Fuckin Xena had better armor.

to be completely fair, this is from his casting reel
not that the show isn't going to be shit but still

NO NO ... pls .. why did they do dis :(

does anyone have the
>i'm looking for a girl with ashen hair, black, asian, or minority ethnic
pic?

Attached: 1558181232570.jpg (468x305, 79K)

Sorry, I only have this. Maybe some other user could help us out?

Attached: poo in portal.png (979x1458, 1.77M)

Here's your Triss, bro.

Attached: svuDrMS.jpg (583x629, 42K)

Kek

that's starfire

Back in the oven kike

My sides, this makes it just a bit worthy

Attached: 1558495172218.gif (332x215, 857K)

I want to see Triss's milkers as well

I'm convinced this is a money laundering scheme

The joke. ------>

You. 웃

Attached: beverly hills cop.png (526x575, 659K)

They will make it looks good this the movie magic. R-right?

it's mostly being made in the EU, they probably got financial support from somewhere

>witcher setting proudly has dudes in legit plate armour and not dumb high fantasy shit
>tv show gets made
>executives know nothing about anything so they decide to dress everyone up like it's Xena Warrior Princess

jej

Attached: 20120318.jpg (210x188, 8K)

Jesus, the nigger looks like shes straight out of the oblivion character creator

>implying he gives a shit
The old fuck only cares that he got paid

I have no words for this

WHAT THE FUCKING FUCK
WHO APPROVED THIS SHIT?!

Attached: 1536537469794.jpg (387x580, 46K)

>that skyrim orcish sword
why

they look like mushrooms

Attached: 1549885346666.jpg (968x681, 97K)

I don't mind this armor, because when I see it. I still think armor. It looks like armor, but functionally? nah.

This..garbage bag we are dealing with here is a whole other story.

From where does this Onion knight lore I see in games and TV comes from? An old tale or song?

just don't pay for it

>he doesn't know

this is probably only funny to people who've been there, but they're using Vajdahunyad Castle as a backdrop
basically it's a late 19th century Frankenstein building designed to showcase various architectural sites
they could've built something more authentic looking from styrofoam and plywood

Attached: Vajdahunyad_vára_télen_a_jégpályával.jpg (3000x2000, 1.56M)

aren't gingers considered a minority? With all the irish stuff and all

Costume/set design is a dead art form.

Attached: 1507358005506.png (1000x981, 1.58M)

I would like to know.

>orphan girl
>let's make her black
not cool

The Game of Thrones costume director literally got mauled to death by lions around season 5

kek how

Attached: 1544437083395.jpg (485x485, 37K)

i think he means figuratively

wtf I want to marry a ginger to spite jews now

THEN WHY
DID HE
SAY
LITERALLY

Attached: snapshot20090107015342.jpg (640x480, 43K)

Attached: 1546160225285.jpg (1620x1810, 488K)

which is funny because this is people larping

Attached: af0de897022900b7c33cb5c00087e102[1].jpg (960x640, 132K)

Please tell this is fake news and it's just some random larpers?

Kurwa.

and this time he will actually get royalties
>witcher will become new GOT
JUST

During a safari trip in South Africa. She kept her car window down in lion zone.

What proof is there that this is the witcher and not something else?

Sorceresses are supposed to look like twenty

>He said: 'It was terrifying. After the first bite the lioness retreated from the car with blood dripping from her mouth and paw.
>'We all thought she was done and didn’t like what she’d just bitten. But then like someone in a temper that wasn’t satisfied in a fight, she leaped back into the car and mauled the passenger.
>'The rangers came running in and the two lions ran off but the lioness had half the passenger’s shoulder in her mouth. And it was too late to do anything to save her.'
dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3113418/Horrifying-moment-lioness-reared-attack-killed-American-tourist-Katherine-Chappell-South-African-safari-park.html

Lauren ((Schmidt)) ((((Hissrich))))

Attached: 1288367837843.jpg (419x480, 81K)

tv and film is retarded about accuracy.
they will literally use woolen chainmail over metal chainmail because they say wool looks more realistic on film.

Literally all the armor here looks great

At least in the grand ol US of A its a union thing. Yes they have literally thousands that will do a damn good job for basically food and lodging but the actors union bars that because money.

>Del Kino
>Some literally who
What do you expect user?

Attached: 1549997051535.jpg (653x435, 41K)

plus the head of production design changed season 4 onwards, right as the decline in production began.

fucking why though?
i get not wanting expensive ornate shit for two dozen dudes but why some fucking ball sack looking trash bag instead?
what in the fuck

More like euros set off existing geopolitica tensions by showing up, then it and other civilizations in the region all tried to use the euros against each other since in the context of how their own polituicalk systems that makes sense, not realizing or understanding how imperalistic empires worked (since no beasts of burden meant that hands on, directly governed empires weren't really a thing, even the aztec were hands off and let their cities do their own shit and keep their own rulers, which is why they worked against each other/the captial when the opurnity presented itself); and then by the time the Spanish became exploitative and they realized their mistake diseases had already killed 90% of them

see pastebin.com/h18M28BR for info about the political shit anddesuarchive.org/his/thread/5526254/#5526329 and shorter version: boards.fireden.net/v/thread/441551507/#441565260 for why the Conquest of Mexico was extremely lucky and how it easily could have turned out with Cortes failing and diplomatic trade with europan powers and the modernization of Mesoamerican states, withSpain unable to directly conquer it even if they wanted to

>The SUV in front of us stopped next to two lions and the driver rolled down his window. The passenger did the same, I presume to get a photo.
fucking DUMB

Theres no way its gonna get that popular. One of the biggest reasons why got is popular is because they were sticking close to the source material and because frankly the books are simply better

Never
Fuck off shitskin

jesus fucking christ how horrifying but honestly why would they pull down their fucking windows? what's going through those people's heads? i mean.. really dude? to take a photo? just use like an OUNCE of commong sense here, fucking hell

Looks like he's wearing a raisin.

Don't reply

Guys this is fake. It's just a bunch of LARPs, trying to trick us. This armour is clearly made of rubber. The showrunners won't be that retarded.

Attached: 1556556167388.png (1077x1053, 801K)

ONE
NOTHING WRONG WITH ME

only nerds who need to get laid would take offense in this. be glad your niche gets more publicly known, then you can enjoy the benefits like new games and books, as well.

have you seen the casting?
have you seen the show plot premise?
have you seen the writers?
have you seen the pictures of the production?
have you seen a netflix show before?

its probably real

Attached: jlkmxlsiscpufdrlozv9[1].jpg (1600x900, 86K)

Attached: 1554704448074.jpg (320x426, 23K)

LOL

Why can't they ask LARPers from Battle of Nations to help them out?

People are fucking dumb. Here's one from Japan, a park I went to not long ago.

upi.com/Archives/1997/08/02/Tiger-kills-grandparents-in-Japanese-park/8564870494400/

"One of the park's four Bengal tigers attacked the woman as she left her vehicle carrying her three-month old grandchild, who had started crying."

the other costumes look like shit as well

Attached: 1551999981146.png (1500x720, 927K)

>armor catches the tip of the enemy's sword
>die

really makes you think

Attached: 1554754915689.jpg (1095x335, 138K)

Christ, even the shittier ones here are much better than that monstrosity design in the Netflix version.

They have shitty looking Nilfgaardian suns on their chests.

They're not "diverse".

JUST

Attached: 1346699720133.jpg (400x309, 75K)

>tfw no Nilfgardian gf to colonise my benis

To be honest, if they get the russians or ukrainians they might kill either themself or others in the process.

Its ed sheeran, i knew there was something odd about him.

> Loras
> Battle
He's only knocking people down from the horse with his stick like his grandma said.

Attached: e467a9192218a21ac352bcf5dd45d.jpg (1317x806, 96K)

>That
>realistic
Please make a post on /his/, we could use a good laugh over dumb people

>not even black and white
holy kek, do you have more?

Looking at this, I *kinda* see what they were going for, but it's like they didn't have the talent to design the patterns and colors in a way that doesn't look like crap. Also
>No shields at all

>/his/ laughing at anyone
now i'm laughing

Not to mention there is tons of armor used for movies laying around in warehouses. With a little effort you can make something good by mixing them up

It's real, the leaks are from a site called Redanian Intelligence and they get it from Hungarian extras who work on the show

fuck off faggot

that was an SFX editor not the costume designer dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3108323/American-woman-29-killed-lion-identified-emerges-taking-pictures-seconds-animal-attacked.html

>People keep saying 'it's expensive to make actual armor for shows' but exactly how expensive could it be if cosplayers could easily do it?

Cosplayers just use plastics or fiberglass. If anything the cost of airbrushing the materials to look just right probably costs more than the armor materials but if I had to put my finger on it this is some kind of artistic meddling to put their vision on the screen instead of just taking from what the video games and other media has presented this armor as

If what were seeing here is real then prepare for some real fucking bullshit to come along

Attached: 1512349048030.jpg (701x923, 158K)

>The Witcher S1
>implying this shit's gonna get renewed for a second season

>real armor isn't realistic
U wot m8? Rich people had fancy armor, it isn't any less real just because it's fancy.

Attached: Armor of Sir James Scudamore (1558–1619).jpg (534x916, 307K)

googling this and the first suggestion is "video"
is there a vid?

>trashbag armor
Damn, netflix isn't doing too well, innit? Guess those shitty movies cost more than they return.

Problem is real armor is unwieldy and actors are homo fags who can't be bothered to wear it.

Attached: Armor for Heavy Cavalry, ca. 1600.jpg (450x823, 113K)

So, how much does plastic armor costs compared to steel armor?

>real armor is unwieldy

Not if you're strong it isn't. What a coincidence the men who wore this were strong as fuck

Netflix wants to renew it for a season 2 already, not kidding

Like I'm saying the real problem is actors are homo gays.

Attached: Foot-Combat Armor of Prince-Elector Christian I of Saxony.jpg (534x774, 303K)

Guys, I thought you'd know I was mocking the people that defended it; I thought "cock smoking fag" made that pretty clear.

There are people in this thread who pay for Netflix

Attached: HAHAHAHA.jpg (1440x1080, 84K)

Jesus Christ, and here I thought the retarded woke casting was bad enough.

Is it possible to kill this thing before it even premiers? I don't feel comfortable with this shit even existing.

Attached: Disgusted fish.png (500x336, 259K)

Yeah, but still, wasn't it only a very small minority of soldiers who actually ever wore heavy armor like that on the field?

Figures someone who reads shit books and spends hours in a shit game is ready to swallow even more shit

And you think rank and file guys wore them? Hell most of these armours weren't used for actual fighting

Scary how superior real armour is compared to fantasy stuff

Too many factors to rightly go into. But metal is more expensive than the stuff that larpers and cosplayers use that's for certain. It's the painting that would probably cost more than the plastic itself

Don't think I've seen so much clueless ignorance about something since /biz/ started talking about crypto

This looks like super bad npc LARP armor. I've seen shit like this at my european LARPs.

Oh you guys thought this was going to be a good Netflix adaptation like..which one exactly?

Can't they just paint with those spray stuff they use on cars?

follow the news for the laughs

Real armor actually had to protect you, Fantasy armor can be made of paper because you already wearing Plot armor

Attached: OUTOOOO!.jpg (224x224, 4K)

Please stop you're embarrassing yourself

elaborate please

Redpill me on wrinkly ballsack armor.

Like Rustoleum spray? The whole point of the painting is to get a specific effect going on to make the armor look more real. You could just slap a coat of silver on the plastic but it'd look too flat

I don't think anyone here expected this to actually be good, but it still keeps looking so shockingly bad that it's hard not make fun of it.

You always know the temperature outside because it shrinks around you if it's cold.

>unwieldy
Its not at all though. Armor is designed for you to be able to move in it.

>strong
Another common misconception. Armor is not as heavy as it looks. Its spread out over your whole body. Pretty much anybody can move in a suit of armor.

My fucking ribs are about to explode over here. Holy fucking shit this cannot be real, there is just no fucking way. How? How the fuck did they settle on trash bag "armor"? This has to be the worst fucking costume design of any movie or TV production i have ever seen, it's blowing my mind.

Holy fucking kek i can't

Attached: kek.webm (1280x720, 2.91M)

>T. Shitty spearman who would be wearing full plate if his liege let him

People are able to grab you easier - same effect that you have when you spend long time in water and your fingertips turn into scrotum sack.

Anons it hurts me, I know my shithole don't have the funds and couldn't do a good witcher series anyway so I have no right to complain but just seeing everything about this, from showrunner to writers and cast just hurts, our one and only recognized media abroad is butchered so much.

Attached: 1541831288998.jpg (190x190, 5K)

i really enjoyed Bright
the Stuffer Shack fight was particularly good

Attached: bright-edgarramirez-netflix_pauk[1].jpg (2200x1459, 257K)

They paste the actual armors in post production
On the set they use shitty plastic/rubber suits for both comfort and because the pc software in post production will have an easier time replacing the plastic suit with the cgi armor set

These men were still strong by birth and training since boyhood and being in that armor for long periods of time did develop strength. It's not a misconception that knights were strong

jebany kurva mid or feed

the polish witcher TV series from 2001 unironically had better costumes

Attached: 1539086401835.jpg (800x551, 82K)

I just feel bad for Cavill honestly.

Its actually Zimmerit, anti-magnetic coating so sticky grenades don't stick to the armour.

What is this Halo now?

Attached: 1549846855587.jpg (1180x649, 113K)

1) are you retarded to think that CGI armor will look any better than this
2) are you retarded to think they would even CGI in the armor?

this is the armor you will see, period. fuck off moron

Eh, I'm still a little mad about the mustache so fuck him.

Why? What for?

I feel bad for the IP. Unlike the novels he's not getting raped and pozzed.

CGI armor would be way more expensive than just giving them proper costumes
plus no one cares whether the extras are comfortable or not

Attached: 1537828171595.jpg (480x480, 27K)

>looking flat
What? I have no idea how its done, I dunno if there is people or a company who shits out 300 suits of armor out of a machine, but I think it could be easier to a big studio to do it.

Let me hope bro

Attached: 1558005646601.jpg (480x480, 22K)

no, its a retarded excuse and hope to avoid the fact that netflix once again has awful production values

Remember when poles gave Obamba a copy of the Witcher because they saw it as one of the best things to come out of Poland?

Well now all these patriarchy smashers are going to shit all over your pride just like theyre doing in the West and theres nothing you can do to stop them.

Attached: 5ba07f18caf82.jpg (1280x1201, 222K)

Meh, pretty easy to disregard this shitshow as the books and games still work on their own and luckily don't have their continuities associated.

Costume Designers make the designs then the job is contracted out to someone who produces the final product. Probably some shop in the area where they'll be filming the majority of the show

also, how the fuck do you think that shit is going to be replaced in post?
maybe if it was a perfectly smooth unicolor jumpsuit

I find your list lacking

Attached: 1541735712819.png (1288x3208, 3.3M)

Shut up cracker I know damn well you're not Asian

Attached: 42598FD1-C035-4AF3-A8A1-C203B6EECC33.jpg (618x496, 29K)

Haha they're ebil so their armor looks like a skin of a person who was burned alive haha get it haha
This isn't LOTR it's real subtle in The Witcher Cinematic Universe haha

Imagine being this dumb to expect for a new show to have the same production value as GoT.

>I saw a bunch of youtube videos and I will tell everyone about history starter opinion set
Shut up faggo

>fags not even knowing about that dream sequence where ciri gets chased with surreal armor wearing men

Calling it pride is cringe desu but it is quite annoying how they worship every minority but not slavs, I understand decision to go english therefore english cast but forcing diversity in adaptation and changing source material just for the sake of it is something I will never understand. Seriers is about racism/xenophobia already, why they just can't stick to source material?

this had better be some weird magic/dream vision shit and not the real armor

I think armor that actually was worn in real life is more realistic than armor that actually wasn't. The only unrealistic aspect of it is the price but then I'm not sure what the GDP of a fantasy kingdom is, so maybe we can't really have a debate about that. Believe it or not those rich fucks didn't want to be killed in case they had to use it, so it's real and it works

5 bucks netflix is going to make.nigger elves
>we wuz kings. until the spheres shit

GoT was a new show and S1 is by far the best one

hahahaha what the fuck

It's based on the books, not the games. Retards.

When the fuck is the pendulum swinging the other way, American productions are becoming unbearable

Attached: got-prequel.jpg (1024x759, 113K)

you need to update that with Alice from Hellboy.

>Comics: Irish red head
>2019 reboot: black

the books describe magma armour?

This looks stupid and unpractical.
Did they make it like this so Nilfgaardian soldiers look more evil?
Don't they understand that "realistic" fantasy is what's in?

Its fanfiction, actually

Attached: 1557946587434.jpg (2453x4655, 728K)

you hate the Witcher Books
you hate the Witcher video games
you hate the Witcher TV series
yet you still enter this thread. how quaint.

never goy

>slavs are cheaper to hire
>still use negroes
Honestly fuck the west. I'm tired of this shit, name ONE just ONE slav character in a western game who isn't a villain or a buffoon. Except for GTA.

Being that they set the series in America instead of Japan, that's not really an issue.

It's literally everything being terrible that's the issue.

>based on the books
>negroes and la creaturas in main cast
user, I....

Attached: 1514683668196.jpg (817x857, 95K)

This GoT was even a risk in fact before GoT fantasy series where dead

Yes it is. People didnt have the nutritional basis to build tons of muscle in the middle ages.

Its not from youtube dickhead I have actually WORN armor before. Its surprisingly light.

Eh GOT is fictional. If this triggers the average /pol/ cracker than I'm afraid both Liberals and Conservatives are equally snowflakes

This is your brain on nu-CDPR.
The cast for Geralt is actually not offensively bad in the slightest. No, brutal old-looking guy with a full beard isn't what they were supposed to go for.

what is that thing playing Toruviel

Why is it that Netflix in particular attracts these woke imbeciles who insist on turning every one of Netflix's projects into some kind of political crusade to promote wokeness?

>lars mikkelsen
Why didn't they just cast Mads as Geralt, they already have his brother in the show. Are they just fucking with us at this point?

a brit

you mean like quintessentually british?

So, just like the games?

>why don't shows just equip everyone with armor sets that 500 years ago cost a literal fortune
A full set of armor converted to modern currency would easily be $10~$15k if not more, add that flamboyant filigree and you're adding another $10k onto it.

[netflix adaptation meme intensifies]

imdb.com/name/nm8159209/
>Natasha Culzac is a British actress based in south London. Her father is from the Caribbean island of St Vincent & the Grenadines, while her mother is from east London. Natasha went to school in Hastings, East Sussex, where she developed a love for performing. Prior to acting, she trained as a journalist at City University.

The obligatory niggers and diversity shit triggers me

oh nononono

Attached: 1551158914019.jpg (1063x598, 134K)

>WAHHHHHHHHHHHH WHY IS IT A REALISTIC 10:4
Hopefully you get caught in the next mass shooting

>At the Polish census of 2002, 96.7% of the people of Poland claimed Polish nationality, and 97.8% declare that they speak Polish at home. At the 2011 census, 1,44% of the 39 million inhabitants of Poland declared to be descendents of another single ancestry than Polish.

Attached: 1549918898396.jpg (1616x1639, 735K)

reminder that lone blacks still get beat up in poland

Knights were a far cry off from some random ass malnourished peasants. They were further up the feudal pyramid and had access to much better food and training.

>realistic

Based.

I'm talking about the GOT shit dumbasses

Attached: Raisin Brand.jpg (330x450, 105K)

fucking BASED

What fucking GOT shit? There's not a single fucking mention of GOT in this entire reply chain you dumb piece of shit.

Funny how in Herc/Xena minorities were thrown in all over the place even replacing historically white people's yet its still a "based" show.

Spell checked it

Attached: 1558698837372.jpg (330x450, 105K)

i bet he has a nice pair of nifls

>"spellchecked it"
>still says niFL

>it's a "retards mistake ceremonial armour as the armour used in combat" rerun

Like most people, artists cannot make a living without getting paid. So wherever there's money, there's artists. Now, in regards to the quality of the artist, it really depends on how much money is available. In countries with massive government art subsidies like Germany and Canada there is a lot of free money for the taking and doesn't discriminate by quality; therefore the art coming out of those countries is dogshit.

In the United States there are much less subsidies and art is subject to the free market. So for the most part art has to be good or make money or it doesn't get made; either or both are necessary.

The thing about Netflix is that they're throwing money everywhere. They're basically throwing money at anything that vaguely can make money with a less stringent standard than what would need to pass muster in Hollywood. This in effect makes a artist welfare system much like in Canada, which is why Netflix shows are such fucking garbage for the most part. Netflix is basically subsidizing dogshit and buying up as many property rights in the process.

So is Witcher, retard.

>This civilization destroyed itself
The Aztecs would have just been replaced by someone else in the region. Its not like Tlaxcala or Texcoco were aesthetically different.

I kind of got this urge now to hop into my car and drive to Gyarmatpuszta where they're filming the Nilfgaardian camp scenes just to hang out with the Hungarian lads and ask them how they feel wearing elephant scrotum armor

Even the best food in the middle ages was local, which meant mostly game and basic farm food.

You do realise that the Celts and Vikings worse gilded armor and masks made from gold and silver into battle

I hope this fucking shit kills Netlfix for good.

Attached: 1558284872908.jpg (459x600, 145K)

you don't have to make them out of metal retards

Because no one will hire them other than Netflix. They’re an awful producer of film and TV. Even Britain's regional national TV networks produce better shit than this.

Westacucks just can't into armor.

Attached: dane-brennand-img1.jpg (1920x2560, 449K)

This shit have low budget, netflix goes for quantity not quality, that's how they make money, off leddit fandoms who will eat literally anything. Death note was absolutely dog shit but they are making second movie anyway.

dark souls

That's his tournament armor from Season 1. The armor seen in this pic is actually from Season 2 when he and Renly Baratheon's men storm the Red Keep after the Battle of the Blackwater.

All of streaming is cucking itself right now. It's probably all going to implode in 5 years cause they're making pirating much more convenient than actually giving these dumb cunts money

nigger streaming is the future, zoomers are lazy and dumb, they are fine with $15 a month for unlimited bottom of the barrel entertainment to numb their brain on the couch.