You are gonna get one, aren't you?

You are gonna get one, aren't you?

Attached: digimonvpet1_april17_2019.jpg (1000x627, 97K)

Other urls found in this thread:

ebgames.ca/Toys-Collectibles/Games/765282/digimon-digital-monster-virtual-pet-20th-anniversary-edition-chosen-randomly
withthewill.net/threads/21667-English-Digimon-20th-Anniversary-V-Pet-Info-Images-and-Updates
play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.magiccubegames.barcodeknight&hl=en_US
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

fug I actually might

"no"

I imported one a year ago in Omnimon style.

I still have a red one and a green one. Just need some new batteries.

NO CRANK NO BUY

Forgot my pic. I wonder if it'll have online integration like the Japanese release with passwords and stuff.

Attached: 1000116026_1__97940.1499135625.1280.1280.jpg (560x560, 130K)

The website was worth it to keep track of all your unlocks.

Attached: Screenshot_20190523-222425_Chrome.jpg (1080x2220, 1.31M)

Oh hell yeah.
What details do we got in these things?
Where can I find them?

Seconding. I can only find jap imports for hundreds of dollars

GameStop / EB Games

I'd rather get one based on the anime since I was obsessive about that growing up (and am rewatching it right now actually.)

on that note, are there any good digimon games? Only ones I've played were some PS1 game I never really got too deep into and Cyber Sleuth which completely lost me because it had a bad habit of being too easy to enjoy even on the highest difficulty right up until the bosses which assraped me on normal.

Attached: [RyRo]_Digimon_Adventure_06_(h264)_[6F553232].mkv_snapshot_20.39_[2019.05.23_21.39.17].jpg (640x480, 27K)

I had to change the time to make this fucker sleep every time I went to school. Otherwise I would come home to him dead in a pile of his own shit.

If it's more than 20 dollars I'll pass

This is oddly applicable towards both Digimon and elderly people.

Link?

Attached: 60425721_1922474884524464_5539311679326504204_n.jpg (500x500, 31K)

Shit I had one even before the show was airing. I might have to

Since when did the digimon logo look like that

Attached: images[1].jpg (183x275, 13K)

That's not a new logo. That's the ORIGINAL logo.

from the thumbnail I thought this was the crank

my mom got my cousin this for his birthday and i was so jealous. I never did get one.

Attached: you're a...subscriber...now....jpg (400x400, 115K)

I remember going to another kid's birthday party when I was young and he got one
I had a fucking Tamagotchi. Those are for GIRLS!
I did eventually pick up one of these bad boys way later though

Attached: RARE-Bandai-Digimon-Digivice-D3-White-Blue-US[1].jpg (400x400, 23K)

Man I liked these ones.
I wanted the black one the evil kid had, but the store only had Kari's yellow one with Gatomon.
I was a little sad I couldn't get the one I wanted but parents still got me the yellow one.

wtf i used to have these when they first came out.

What other lcd digital handhelds did you have Yea Forums?
I have this thing and a couple tamagotchi

Attached: OnmyouTaisenkiByakkoDrive.jpg (215x255, 16K)

I remember really wanting one of these when I saw it at the store
Probably a good thing I didn't get it though, nobody else had one

Attached: enxj1rxd0rl21[1].jpg (600x300, 38K)

I remember how long it took me to figure out that whatever you were scanning had to be a flat surface and you had to really press it on there.

the yellow one was cody's, kairi's was pink
I know this for a fact because I had to explain to my parents why I wanted "the girl color" when I got the yellow one. eventually got a green one too for some reason, think that one's still in my closet even if it somehow yellowed harder than any SNES ever will over the years.

I have this digivice around somewhere.

Attached: green-season-digimon-digivice_1_fc4fb7de23339c567ed9faf897f0d296.jpg (400x300, 24K)

Then why did it have Gatomon on it?
Now I'm really confused.

>New Digimon V-Pets released in states.
These versions can reach Mega/Ultimate right?

Attached: source.gif (480x270, 953K)

Oh shit I actually just might just to relive a piece of my childhood. Had so much fun with this as a kid.

Digimon has always been a Tamagotchi spinoff you fucking zoomer go KYS

I can't find them online for sale.
I was on the bandaionline site and it says they're sold out.

ebgames.ca/Toys-Collectibles/Games/765282/digimon-digital-monster-virtual-pet-20th-anniversary-edition-chosen-randomly
Might be a gamestop version too

Sounds neat, never had one as a kid despite loving the series. I know it's a virtual pet, but I know pretty much nothing else about them. Are they fun? Do you only get one mon for each color?

Attached: 1548106859349.jpg (550x550, 20K)

I still have my Skannerz Commander. It's in my drawer as we speak. Fucking loved that thing. Need to print out the "forbidden" codes to get those secret monsters.

Had a Skannerz and these yoyos with warriors inside. They were called kodai Djinns. You yoyo to level up their stats and you play minigames. My brothers and I spent hours playing with them. Good shit.

Attached: kodaidjing-note.jpg (480x274, 23K)

>You yoyo to level up their stats and you play minigames.
That sounds fucking sick

It was goddamn kino on a string. And you could battle people via infrared on the top.

I never finished it but the games on the ds dark moon and something else where fine as jrpgs go iirc

Pokemon have 26th anniversary and is much better than that

Before the anime.

that's shit
they should have engineered a way to battle by smashing your yoyos against each other

Imagine it devolving into kids on the playground beating the shit out of each other with their fucking yoyos. I want this as a sport.

Is that what beyblades is?

I never finished it but the games on the ds dark moon and something else where fine as jrpgs go iirc

Beyblades are spinning tops.

my first crush was on lilymon and I think I told myself for the better part of a decade that it was on mimi because it made me feel slightly less weird to say I had a crush on an anime girl than I did on an anime plant monster

I was straight up in love with Mimi as a kid.
I never actually had a thing for any of the actual Digimon though.

Just a Tomagatchi and one of the original Skannerz. I never really liked the Skannerz though, they were low quality which is saying a lot considering what these toys were.

I had to stay in the back of my aunt's gift store after school for like 3 hours every day, so I just wandered through the inventory power leveling and fightan with the green one. Good times.

Attached: 2018-11-02 23_39_41-(81).png (249x294, 149K)

Already pre-ordered a yellow one for 34 Kangaroo Coins

Where did you preorder?

>want to buy one like the ones I had as a kid
>check ebay
>the premium bandai shit that doesn't do anything besides play Brave Heart is easier to find and costs less

I know it's a super old toy but surely they made a billion of those fuckers?

Attached: 1417292736900.jpg (451x252, 22K)

jb hi fi, they release in July

Is it Kangaroo Coins or Dollarydoos?

i love digimon, but i do not have the attention span for a v-pet.
it's awesome that bandai's started releasing them again in the west instead of making people import them, though. between that and the games coming back to the west, things are looking up for digimon.

Attached: 1553376213206.png (980x678, 456K)

Pendulums are more superior than the v-pets.

I had the brown one from OP back in the original release
Also had one of these bad boys later on

Attached: 51NN8N5N4DL.jpg (394x500, 33K)

Comfy.

what sets them apart from the originals? if they're a 1:1 remake that's cool I guess, but I'd imagine they have some kind of additional feature

>tamagotchis super advanced now
>digimon gets rerelease of ancient original that removes what little advancements it had
y-yay...

Attached: Gear-TA-Tamagotchi-together.jpg (1880x1411, 228K)

I fucking hated the god damn "shake this thing until your arm falls off" form of wagglin to digivolve my monster. like what the fuck were they thinking?

Digimon is only relevant in 2019 because of nostalgia. Like holy shit I'm not even gonna ask if anybody remembers appli monsters since that'd imply anybody heard of it in the first place. I can't speak for tamogatchi's success in Japan but the fact that it's still getting innovation like that probably says enough really.

For a moment I thought that was one of those old toys with a little man inside them and you put them next to each other so they could interact.

Dawn and Dusk are pretty good

I mean, they kinda are more or less

no he's talking about those cube things. You could stack them or place them side by side and they'd interact or something

reminder that Tamers is absolute kino

digimon is the one that got all the anime and movies and video games. would it REALLY be too much of a hassle to release limited special edition digimens? japan is the land of niche consumers. if you can make a living off selling misshappen unarticulated rubber godzillas, surely a market exists for backlit color hi res digimon pets

looks like they sold out?

I used to have one, found it lying around on a sports field when I was a kid. Only I could ever raise was Ogremon

No.

Never gave a fuck about the franchise. Just wanted to fug Renamon when I was a kid.

Attached: de2.gif (640x480, 136K)

>Digimon is only relevant in 2019 because of nostalgia.
nah, bamco is still making new games, and kenji is still designing new mons. it's only toei who's increasingly reliant on nostalgia pandering because they're so creatively bankrupt these days.
>Like holy shit I'm not even gonna ask if anybody remembers appli monsters since that'd imply anybody heard of it in the first place.
appmon hasn't even been dubbed in english yet, and will probably never be since it flopped so hard in japan.

>not wanting to fuck ranamon
pleb

So Australians and Canadians are finding the pre-orders, but I'm not seeing anything here in North America.
I'm down to getting the black one if I can find it.

yes and i'm so excited people have been talking about digimon more and more in 2019. more than i've noticed in a many years

quick; post your favorite digimon

Attached: Triceramon.jpg (500x502, 63K)

Well Digimon has a steady release of not complete crappy games.
It remains relevant enough and I'm happy Digimon still releases stuff and isn't as dead people make it out.

No. It's already been confirmed the passwords don't appear.

They're not out in the west yet.

Pendulums are v-pets? I don't understand what you're saying?

What the fuck?
Why do the western releases of Jap shit always come gimped?

whats all this about?

they releasing the 20th anniversary versions in english?

hell yeah brother get to gamestop and reserve that shit

Attached: tumblr_ppw8ncBZp11swk5jvo1_1280.jpg (1200x1000, 275K)

Gamestop is going to have them, but they don't have anything on the website yet. If you don't mind stepping into a store, you can do an in-store preorder but there's no details on how colors are gonna work with that or anything, and it shows up as "Digivice, Assorted" in their system. Just give them SKU 191562.

withthewill.net/threads/21667-English-Digimon-20th-Anniversary-V-Pet-Info-Images-and-Updates

Attached: digimon_vpet20thenglish_2boxback_may22_2019.jpg (2488x3387, 661K)

seems to be no indication on the website. anyway to do this online or do i HAVE to go to one?

The passwords are for online tournaments that sent out physical prizes, I'm willing to bet Bandai America didn't want to bother with all that. Sucks though.

fuck. fug fug fug fug i'm doing this tomorrow. but what the fuck though, if i go preorder i just might get a random color? i want the brick red one

see
They'll probably put up an online sales page when the things actually come out.

Ok cool, I can check it out this weekend and see what's up.
Thanks!

Are there any mobile games that utilise barcodes as a gameplay element like Skannerz?

Attached: 1524073290207[2].gif (69x60, 29K)

digimon deserves a comeback, honestly. it's always brought a lot of soul and interesting ideas.

Your random gamestop employee won't know anything, but is not going to turn down any preorder he can get.

barcode battlers have been a thing since the 70's user, I don't know any off the top of my head due to not playing phone shit in general but I'm willing to bet every dollar to my name that there is some kinda barcode or qr scanning battle app out there.

Man,i would love to get this in Europe.

We were too poor to get one when I was a kid. I did print this guy out at work a while back though. I'll get one one day I hope.

Attached: 20190524_013945.jpg (5312x2988, 3.4M)

>appli monsters
it was shit anyway i think i dropped it after the third episode

>not figuring out the exact minimum force it takes to register a shake and doing it that way

You were presented with a puzzle and all you did was get mad.

I'd love to get more Digimon electronics with color, but this is the 20th anniversary release, so it makes sense to go with a retro style device. It's also the first time they've sold anything in the west since we got the watered down Data Link Digivice for Data Squad, which was a decade ago, so the fact we're getting anything is remarkable.

Attached: maxresdefault (12).jpg (1280x720, 59K)

>removes what little advancements it had

what

Hmm, I'm hoping the v-pets sell well enough for them to re-release the anniversary digivices over here too. They're nice, but not nice enough to justify paying the 3rd party prices for them now.

Attached: 15th_anniversary_digivice_1535461211_9310454e.jpg (810x1080, 102K)

when I was a kid I cherished an old broken tamagotchi and elderly man gave me (his niece threw it out I think) because I had always wanted one
The middle button fell out but we managed to get it to work with a screwdriver we'd stick in the hole, it was a miracle if they lived to the end of their lifespan because of the power issues it had

yah it's mad gay though
play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.magiccubegames.barcodeknight&hl=en_US

I'm assuming he's talking about the pendulum gimmick that later v-pets had but I don't see how button mashing to train/battle is really any worse than shake the hell out of it to train/battle.

>wanting the animal version over the titty monster
I will NEVER understand you zoophiles.

Attached: cd7771297e79c1da30dd5d03377ae24cb0834dff.png (600x700, 344K)

I don't understand either, but honestly, considering pretty much all digimon talk and you can therefore get consent, a digimon is better than most pokemon or animals.

at least digimon is so much better than pokemon

>tiddy monster
>man face
user, stop.

you telling me with a straight face you DON'T want to smash this?

Attached: Ranamon_7.jpg (635x753, 104K)

I hope so too. That orange one is so sick. The clear one is pretty amazing too.

That's awesome! I found a busted one of these when I was a kid. Even with a new battery it wouldn't stay on for too long. I kept it till I went off to college where it eventually got lost moving through student housing. Even though it was broken, I wish I still had it.

Attached: img_20141120_00166_by_tamagotchiocean-dbjcisa.png (400x533, 409K)

That's right.
I NEED to smash it

But that's just a cute girl painted green. She's totally Captain Kirk territory user.

The colored ones are based on the evolution sequences which I think is a really cool detail.

Attached: MetalGreymon.webm (640x480, 2.78M)

Attached: MetalGarurumon.webm (640x480, 2.82M)

DUDE! Now I definitely need the Orange one!

The CSA one isn't a proper virtual pet but it's light blue like in the anime and it lights up in those colors while playing Brave Heart. Pretty sick not gonna lie,

Yeah, I probably would have bought the CSA one because it is a neat prop if I could get it for just a normal price and not with a 3rd party service fee + shipping from Japan bundled in.

I still have two of these

I think mine is somewhere in my sister's place, not sure. I eventually got better ones though.

No.

Attached: tiddie.png (1278x523, 489K)

why aren't there digital pets for smartphones, are there any that aren't riddled with adware? like I just wanna emulate the original tamagotchi on my phone pixel art and all. neko atsume doesn't have nearly enough interaction but it's close. gimme a thing that is basically identical to the Dinky Dino but can battle with friends. let me text my pet to someone else and have it come back an hour later with decorations and furnishings for its home screen.

fuck I'm just gonna make it myself.

Fuck yeah. Post it if you do; I'll buy that shit. The ones out there now are complete trash.

Androgotchi was pretty good, I think it even had online pvp but don't quote me on that. Abandoned by developer, might still be in the Google play store but it doesn't work

Attached: unnamed.jpg (551x310, 31K)