Is it worth 40$?

Is it worth 40$?

Attached: 7FA2B6FB-4CC1-40E5-8AB1-738DC733CEEF.png (360x360, 65K)

just pirate it

It's much better and has far more content than 90% of modern 60$ games, so by that perspective it's definitely worth.

Fuck no. Such a boring game. Maybe if you like indie trash and dilate daily you'll like it

HK dicksuckers will say "it's an AAA game basically so much content and such high quality it's so great" but in reality it's still a 15 dollar indie game that feels like a 15 dollar indie game.

No I bought it and barely played it before I got bored

I think it's really cool that the PC version is an actual disk so I'll probably pick it up

no

i wish PC games went back to based fragile jewelcases in big cardboard boxes

Attached: 491645117.jpg (670x550, 121K)

WAIT it costs 40 fucking amiridollars on conslole?? LMAO

Attached: 1436138971481.jpg (275x183, 7K)

40$ for the physical release, on both console and Pc. I don’t like digital games so if I have to buy it I’d rather buy the physical edition

Lol no. It's an ok metroidvania, but it's beyond me how people haven't gotten tired of that yet.

It's $30 for everything but switch which is $40 last time I checked

It's worth 60$

I have to pay for the shipping

I can't think of a single game made in the past 20 years that's worth a single cent. Pirate always, dab on the greedy jews of the gaming industry.

Based
Seething

$0
$0
$0
I played this for free and happily received it in a $12 humble bundle / humble monthly
but at the same time,would be really pissed if I spent more than $20 on this SotN knockoff with a worse map than Aria of Sorrow

You're better off with a plush.

Attached: 6289603_sd.jpg (1000x1000, 126K)

>digital code in a box
Cringe

>indie trash
you couldn't pay me $40 to play that shit.

Fuck no

I'd buy this if it wasn't for digital only, that sucks.

>a game is only good if it’s been made by some AAA studio
Cringe, The Binding of Isaac and Undertale are unironically some of the best games I’ve ever played

It's a nice game and I've played 80 hours of it, so I think I'd say it's worth that much money.

Attached: 1541192036916.jpg (1360x768, 142K)

it wasn't even worth $17

I fucking hate indie games

fpbp
If your cuck instincts kick in forcing you to spend money, pay no more than $10.

Yes

It's completely derivative and does nothing new, worth a pirate and that's about it.

Yes. But I don't see why you would pay that much for it, when it's available for $15.

>you can only play indie trash or aaa trash, there are no other options

Attached: 1547081703950.png (214x236, 6K)

Confirmed poor

Attached: 1558483310243.gif (232x279, 268K)

Yeah, but it has a plush

Do you exclude all indie games?

the only "indie" games worth playing are from japanese doujin circles, since at least they care about gameplay instead of nu-male hipster cred or political agendas.

Attached: a30.jpg (600x610, 29K)

Recommend a Japanese indie game that can stand up to Hollow Knight.

it's pretty good

salt and sanctuary is better and it was on sale for $20 on switch just a couple of weeks ago

unist.

sell the fucking plus individually why the fuck does a plush need a goddamn EULA and shrink wrap license?

Isn't it like $20 digital?

>sell the fucking plus individually
They do

He cute

then that's okay I still think having a plush bundled with a digital code is asinine

Cave Story

>twice it's normal price for a shitty case

Part of why HK is so good is because it's a cheap, quality game that has a lot of content. 40 bucks isn't cheap.

I'm guessing this is a joke, because the game uses the term "Hollow Night"?

How about one that has come out in the last decade. Cave Story is 14 years old.

Damn, it looks like Hollow Knight attracts all the detractors now. RIP.

i paid 10 bucks for it
>consolefags literally this cucked
lmao

>I'm guessing this is a joke, because the game uses the term "Hollow Night"?
I'm not that guy but I don't think that was it
Got me to smile though

This but unironically
I would rather pay $15 for Brigador
What's the point? It's just a "put in disc and activate it on steam" its not like it runs off the disc like the old days

>I'm guessing this is a joke
no, it's just better than western indie garbage.

Eh , it's a pretty good game but 40$ is way too much .

I'd say so. If you think it's too expensive, then it's cheaper on steam. You can even wait for a sale.
Alternatively, if you don't want to spend money, just pirate it

Me too, I still have about 9 boxes of boxes (10+ games each) in my basement.
It relaly isn't.

>OH NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO LOOK AT THE TOP OF HIS HEAD

Based but quite bluepilled.
Install Rain World.
Salt and Sanctuary is 2d dark souls. Hollow Knight is yet another SotN knockoff.
cute

But it's a fighting game. You're comparing a fighting game, to a Metroidvania. And it's not even indie. I looked it up. They're developed by professionals in the industry since '95. And they're published by Sega, Arcsys, and NISAmerica.

hollow knight also added tryhard features from dark souls, bonfires, enemies coming back, ambiguous map (fixed with a trinket wtf is that), geo are basically souls. I don't think salt and sanctuary are all that similar beyond both trying to rip from the same source material but I definitely feel like salt and sanctuary is the better game. hollow knight is just platforming and pogo

I got 40 hours in it alone.

>bonfires
You mean savespots? The thing that exists in every game, ever?
>enemies coming back
You mean enemy respawns? The thing that exists in every game, ever?
>ambiguous map
A feature that didn't exist in Dark Souls?
>geo are basically souls
You mean loot? The thing that exists in every game, ever?

no they aren't simply save points. they let you bank your souls and level also they respawn all enemies on the map if you rest at one.

you're being intellectually dishonest dude just quit. you can't go anywhere on the internet without dark souls being used to describe hollow knight and I'm sure if I looked I could find the comparison in the game's marketing somewhere

>respawning enemies
>tryhard feature
Your hateboner for Dark Souls is autistic.

dude I like dark souls I beat all of the games I even had demon's souls on ps3. I know the maps in and out. It doesn't mean things aren't ambiguous. I've never played SOTN but you say it's closer to that. Doesn't that game give you a very obvious map just like metroid games? how does that work? why can't it be inspired by more than one game? why are you disagreeing with me?

"Bank your souls"? What does that even mean? Like you can deposit your souls at the bonfire? No, I'm pretty sure that's NOT a feature in Dark Souls. Do you know what else isn't a feature? Levelling in Hollow Knight. So no, the save spots in HK, don't have the same function as the bonfires in DS.

Yes, they do respawn enemies, but every game has a respawn trigger. In Super Metroid, you only needed to move two screens away, in order for enemies to respawn. At least Hollow Knight has the decency to wait for you to reach a save point. It's actually easier the Metroid in that regard.
Also, Hollow Knight has select enemies that respawn regardless of the save point. They're typically smaller enemies. But regardless, the game differs from Dark souls in that regard.

>they let you bank your souls and level
No they don't? There is no leveling, and there are no souls

Fuck off retard.

Dark Souls has zero map. Calling HK's map ambiguous, doesn't change the fact that you have a map. And, even if you don't use the compass charm, you can still follow it. It only takes a tiny bit more thought to keep track of your location.

I forgot about that shit whatever so the whole money dropping mechanic comes from the castlevania series?

>so the whole money dropping mechanic comes from the castlevania series
Huh? No, it comes from many games. You ever play Zelda? You kill an enemy, and it drops rupees.

I would pay $40 for a physical copy.

i bought this. I love it. I also got the hornet plush.

>Hollow Knight bringing back the option of digital or physical, without being tied to DRM like steam

Oh yeah, I think Team Cherry are /ourguys/.

Attached: 1529097882557s.jpg (250x250, 7K)

Before playing Hollow Knight:
>"Mmmm... I don't know... It's only 15 bucks, so I guess it's worth a try"

After playing Hollow Knight:
>"Jeez, how is this only 15 bucks? I practically robbed the devs"

you're a stupid piece of shit you know that. it's from sonic of course

i have spent 90+ hours on HK, and 2 hours on BOTW because i got bored so fast
>muh opinion

still trying to beat pantheon on hallownest

i fell in love with this game. if you ask me again, i would pay 60$ for this

I will buy a copy for you if you give me the extra $20

I spent more time in BOTW, but honestly I'd still recommend Hollow Knight. Having a more closed world with progression gates makes you better appreciate your powerups and your ability to traverse the world. Absolute freedom can be restricting.

it is going to be under $20 soon enough I wouldn't waste your money there are plenty of other games out there to play in the meantime it isn't going anywhere

buyfags are literally children

hardest shit on a vidya
if pure vessel doesnt fuck my runs its NKG

>can beat Pure vessel in the hall of gods
>can't beat him in the pantheon

Attached: Untitled.png (600x600, 478K)

now imagine trying to beat absolute radiance after 30 bosses, not having the chance to practice with it in hall of gods