1st parties or franchises closely associated with Nintendo are not going to be DLC

1st parties or franchises closely associated with Nintendo are not going to be DLC

Attached: smas dlc.png (1564x1000, 628K)

Other urls found in this thread:

ign.com/articles/2014/11/19/why-ridley-isnt-playable-in-smash-bros
gamesradar.com/heres-what-you-need-to-know-from-nintendos-investor-qanda-new-online-switch-game-and-more/
youtube.com/watch?v=DePKKHoFOoA
youtube.com/watch?v=muTJjHRk2C8
shrinemaiden.org/forum/index.php?topic=19472.30
theylivewesleep.blog.fc2.com/blog-entry-50.html?sp
nintendo.co.jp/n01/n64/software/nus_p_nalj/smash/flash/syukeiken/return549.html
youtube.com/watch?v=osb2rdvA2BA&t
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>I take things said in shareholder meetings as gospel
um

Fuck! It gives that bloby mess of a steve model more shitposting fuel, god I hate it, fuck minecraft, everyone involved in that franchsie needs to die

1st for exposing the mentally ill

Attached: discord stevelet gets booty blasted by an alleged cereal box mascot.jpg (1242x1420, 906K)

She is in

Attached: smugruru.gif (533x300, 2.02M)

>No, don't get excited, fans of highly requested characters!
>Only DLC that will subvert expectations are allowed!

>what are good faith practices
>what are business ethics
>A big company like Nintendo wants to lie to their investors and ruin their public trust
The absolute state of Banjofags and their willingness to drag their favorite company down in the mud

Attached: 1496237945322.jpg (320x320, 17K)

>bringing up Banjo when he wasn't even mentioned
mental illness

Attached: cereal box mascot.jpg (522x522, 59K)

Crash is in?

REIMU IS IN

Attached: 14249076628968.jpg (1480x1280, 224K)

> muh banjofags

have sex

I don't give a shit about Banjo. You are a moron if you don't think companies push what is essentially marketing at shareholders.

Fuck this theory, I'm one of those people who are expecting a Nintendo character to appear in the fighters pass, because Nintendo is involved with the fighters pass and they should put in one of their characters into the fighters pass.

Attached: 1557095012186.jpg (875x913, 45K)

Cry harder firstpartyfag.

Lara Croft is in

>Skrillix
Opinion discarded. We have Ridley now, we can stop pretending to care about this shitty thing.

So Erdrick's out then.

hes in

Attached: 220px-Doomguy_(Doom_2016).png (220x352, 102K)

>nudoom
gay

hoo boy, can you say OBSESSED?

XENOBLADE 2 CHARACTER IN SMASH PLEASE

Attached: 1536410778069.jpg (847x644, 81K)

shut up boomer

>master chief meets gears of war armor design
>music all sounds the same
classic is objectively better

>I don't give a shit about Banjo
Sure you don't

Saying "we're not limiting the DLC to characters associated with Nintendo" isn't even close to the same thing as "no DLC characters are going to be Nintendo characters" though.

Source? Because that's not what your image is saying at all genius

yeah nah, this DLC raised my hopes and all we got was yet another Musou trash game, just with a different coat of paint.

For all I care, you could buy Masterchief in it and I wont buy any of the DLC shit.
Not to mention that 25€ for 5 fucking characters is a bit much, considering Joker's basic moves literally are copy-pasted from other fighters

Attached: 1506367239839.png (473x428, 145K)

THEY'RE ALL THIRD PARTY YOU FUCKING DIPSHIT

>Nintendo
>Ethical
>Was the last company to remove region locking
>Removes access to ROM sites while providing a poormans version but more costly too
>Shuts down any fangames before releasing something close
>Gave up its online niche of being free, and now just has very shitty online

But they aren't, you have to be retarded to even think his moveset is all copy pasted.

Well yeah they're a bunch of cucks, which is why you shouldn't get your hopes up for fan favorite characters. Especially after joker

Stop misreading Reggie’s quote at the VGAs jesus christ.

Well what else could it mean?

>But they aren't, you have to be retarded to even think his moveset is all copy pasted.

Attached: Mike.png (550x531, 350K)

Source is on the pic. And it's exactly what it's saying

Buddy, Banjo wasn't even mentioned in this thread... are you afraid or something or do you want something?

So Nintendo is not advertising Persona 5 with Joker's inclusion and they're advertising Smash and Switch to the Persona demographic instead? Shocking that Yea Forums is wrong!

Attached: 043d90b3.jpg (480x640, 53K)

The only moves that have been copy pasted are shieks up air and the slide cloud and Simon do. All his other moves have different animations and function differently. I've seen that retarded gif and it's almost all reaching.

Fuck you first! Minecraft is a good game and deserves its fame.

its the Steveposters who are the problem, if you just hate Minecraft for hates sake, then you are no better than them.

Banjofags made a fool of themselves in the other thread

And then if banjo gets in you’ll just move on to the next character you don’t like right?

Like how for eight years straight you faggots parroted that Ridley was too big for the game and
when he got in you suddenly liked him ALL ALONG and the toobigfags were a tiny minority
Or how you faggots shit on k rool for being irrelevant and when he got in you suddenly liked him ALL ALONG and how only a tiny minority didn’t like him

Fuck you fuck you, you’re all faggots, from the bottom of my heart, fuck you.

Attached: 1554016071387.png (960x540, 551K)

K Rool and Ridley didn’t have nearly as many barriers that banjo has now, grow up and leave your shit bear in the past

Attached: FBCF3C42-8C9A-4D4C-91A9-41B05CE9E766.jpg (819x792, 126K)

Well I haven't bought the pass so I really have no care for the other characters if they don't appeal to me.

Retard. That's not what your image even says

It’s only a matter of time until we get his reveal

Attached: 417DFE7B-C3A7-4A4B-AB35-5C1027ED7219.jpg (1280x720, 103K)

rent free

Yes.
Erdrick can't be in because Sora is more popular
Banjo can't be in because Master Chief is more popular
Doomguy can't be in because Dragonborn is more popular.
Anyone requesting unpopular characters is delusional

>banjo_about_to_summon_his_persona.png

Breaking point aside, I don't think he's wrong.

Attached: phil on banjo.jpg (689x508, 53K)

And neither Sora, Master chief and Dragonborn can't be in because you just said it.

can you moron just stop spouting shit and wait for E3, TGS and the VGAs to see the official announcements!? because we will NEVER, EVER KNOW what the fucking characters will be!

If this was the case alucard would've got in instead of Simon and Richter.

HE'S IN BOYS

>Characters from franchises not typically associated with Ninentdo.
*Dabs on Jibanyan.*

Attached: digimon-story-cyber-sleuth-ps-vita.jpg (800x445, 42K)

Aw shit. I guess Mega Man can't be in before Monster Hunter, seeing how MH is the top selling Capcom franchise currently. Oh wait.

>get called out for being mentally ill
>post banjo

Attached: Skinwalker.jpg (255x223, 14K)

That was basegame

>Phil said yes when asked if we would allow banjo
Only if it meant something

Guess it's time boyz

Attached: Dante smile.jpg (180x169, 9K)

the absolute state of low polygons

It means more than any other "rule" being spouted on this board

Yep, we did it boys, he's in.

Smash is a celebration of japanese videogames. No gaijin trash. Sakurai will put Goku or Terry Bogard before any western character.

Jazz Jackrabbit and Commander Keen are in!

>boomer RTS market
>people who like 3DPD
She is fucking IN

Attached: tanya.jpg (600x525, 63K)

WARNING
ALL STEVECHADS TO THE NUCLEAR BUNKER
WE LOST VERGEBEN, HE"S NO LONGER ON OUR SIDE!
WARNING

Attached: gulp we lost him blockheads.png (1154x212, 17K)

>WARNING
>WARNING
he's in

Attached: bob_page.png (515x510, 296K)

>Erdrick can't be in because Sora is more popular

I don't care what relationship Nintendo has with Disney, some suit there is going to see it as an easy paycheck and will take Nintendo to the cleaners for use of its likeness if it has to if things like re-releases or long-tailed sales are an effect of the game's success.

Erdick is the better bet because Square-Enix only handles things as a game dev or Japanese dev house should and Dragon Quest is a more iconic staple to Nintendo's history, JRPGs and completes the balance of Square and Enix being represented.

Steve is the better Microsoft rep because Minecraft is a cultural icon that invites many types of players and trains of though on game design. Japan even has its own Minecraft-likes such as Ninja Box and Dragon Quest Builders.

Doomguy is popular, you dingbat. Also Doom releasing on the SNES and having an exclusive version on the N64 were not releases you could not easily sweep under the rug since in the case of the first, it was proof Nintendo loosened up on its policies about violence after giving the okay for Mortal Kombat 2 and their own (at the time) Killer Instinct and the latter was a console exclusive Doom rather than a port like its competing systems had.

Popularity isn't the only factor and even if it was, it can be a subjective one by region and in the case of Dragon Quest a release is a practically a religious holiday in Japan.

Can you read Banjoke? It’s the samething he’s been saying since November. Nothing new

Attached: 27D808B4-BEE6-4B6E-9EC3-6506E49E1D91.jpg (750x770, 317K)

He said the Steve being in an earlier build wasn’t true this isn’t any new information he’s been regurgitating the same shit for awhile now

welp

Attached: 1555851680833.jpg (801x93, 17K)

>what are good faith practices
>what are business ethics
two things that nintendo doesn't have.

Attached: Soul Calibur Ezio.jpg (2000x2704, 416K)

Smash is nothing of that, its just a big videogame! you dont know what sakurai is thinking.

you should be Banned from here for still instigating this bullshit! NO ONE WILL KNOW WHO THE DLCS WILL BE! JUST WAIT FOR THE REVEALS AND SHUT UP!!!!!!!!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111

He never said Steve wasn’t in, he said Nintendo and Microsoft agreed upon Minecraft and it makes the most sense for it to be Steve given how the DLC is set up

Sauce?

At this point, I don't really care who gets in that much. I got tired of the constant bickering months ago.

Attached: 1555969675.png (537x551, 370K)

Nintendo's uncle

Sakurai does what he wants, when he wants, how he wants.
Shut the FUCK up already.

Attached: 1558551240755.png (900x1260, 845K)

This, a billion times THIS!

i just want to enjoy Minecraft and smash like a normal person, but now i cant because these morons!

this mech is in for shits n giggles

Attached: monoeye.gif (410x297, 1.37M)

>Erdrick can't be in because Sora is more popular
Except square Enix are hell to work with and Nintendo aren't going to want to have to work through their bullshit any more than they have to.

can you PLEASE stop talking like you actually work at nintendo and just WAIT for the fucking reveals like normal people!?

THIS WILL NEVER HELP!

based himiko poster

Attached: 909fde5bb9587efd35d53dc4047fc597cff3db91281e38ed4a1aa3a132de2887.jpg (870x1300, 409K)

phil spencer has said yes to banjo three times two being asked by fans one brought up himself without being asked

pls samurai

Attached: Nikki_-_Nikkis_Travel_Quizz.png (262x434, 36K)

SHREK IS IN

>japanese videogames
so that's why shovel knight got an assist trophy and spirits, right?
and why shantae got 2 spirits, yeah?

>T. Why are we discussing videogames at a video game company meeting

>Erdrickfags praise DQ for being so close to Nintendo
>Sakurai himself basically says he's out at this point
It just keeps getting worse and worse, how are they able to cope?

Attached: hes_out.png (324x323, 141K)

And I will stand by what I say. It doesn't matter if it makes him more likely or less likely, it doesn't matter if I like the character or not, 3rd parties related to Nintendo are better than those who are not.

Attached: 1535831905764.jpg (1024x624, 48K)

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. They utterly got BTFO.

what happened

>>Sakurai himself basically says he's out at this point
I don't even want Edrick, but Sakurai also said Ridley would never EVER be in smash.
Kill yourself.

Where does it say that?

Literally nothing.

Just put Waluigi in

The first stage of grief is denial

>assist
>spirit
lel
never ever gaijin

*AHEM*

Attached: smash-dlcs.png (606x400, 60K)

you should since they are obligated to be honest to shareholders, you know, the people that own the company.

This basically confirms Master Chief. Piss off Stevefags.

>B-but Frank O’ Conner
He and 343 have been known to lie before.

Attached: 19FF52B0-154A-485B-955E-967F8A686EA7.jpg (1920x1080, 157K)

>LITERALLY two different quotes from entirely different places stapled together
Oh no no no no the absolute state of you

I have wanted Erdrick since 2012, I don't take him for granted though it's true that we are as close to getting DQ in smash as we have ever been.

>Banjofags
obsessed

>He and 343 have been known to lie before.
This might be one of the biggest and most deluded copes in the history of Smash hype trains.

they are obligated to be "honest" only insofar as they are legally culpable or can be perceived as notably and very deliberately misleading
you are permitted to use spin and share vague ideas/strategies with shareholders, just as you might pull the wool over your boss's eyes while maintaining lack of culpability

>I'm a freshman in college and just finished my first business course: The poster

if there is a western fps rep it will be doomguy because no one outside usa cares about gaylo

No one in Japan cares about Gaylo or Doom, you're both on shakey footing.
The fucking cereal mascot bear has better JP performance than them for god sake.

>tfw was actually looking forward to steve
>vergeben said he wasn't in
fuck bros, this sucks, at least we still have erdrick though since he's 100% confirmed unlike steve who is now out for good (3rd deconfirmation)

Friendly reminder that Banjo-Kazooie has sold more than Persona 5, and that the B-K franchise and Persona franchise both have roughly the same number of total sales.

>Doomfags actually think this

Attached: A55A65E8-6469-44F1-B68E-0DA54A97C2FD.jpg (1242x1845, 361K)

He's not. I don't know about Banjo but Steve has no personality and barely any animation. Sakurai said a few times in the past, expressing a personality in the source material is pivotal. Steve being in is just the result of endless shitposting here leaking out to Twitter.

Villagers are blank slate characters too. What's your point?

>Sony takes control of the market
>do everything they can to crush the japanese industry with their western AAA
>nintendo has to promote japanese sony games to save the japanese industry from collapse and save their ass

Attached: trump-laughing.jpg (720x291, 36K)

No he didn't.

ign.com/articles/2014/11/19/why-ridley-isnt-playable-in-smash-bros
Go fuck yourself, retard.

Capable of emoting

2 points
1: Yes but he or she has a lot of animations and moves and expressions, also no matter what you do to the villager, he or she's still the villager. Steve is only Steve if you don't skin him.
2. They own Animal Crossing. if they didn't won that series, no licensing, no negotiations, etc. If they had to cross all the red tape and expenses for Villager he wouldn't even be on the radar.

>tfw Leon, Crash, Banjo, and Doomguy are confirmed
Absolutely based Nintendo pleasing everyone

Steve doesn't emote at all.

I thought that I implied that but okay.

Tifa Lockhart please

Attached: 2ECA5ECB-9CB1-4F59-8E15-94EB927F3310.jpg (1642x2523, 429K)

wouldn't be funny if they both got in?

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 236K)

This.

The "Is Steve in" debate was over the moment Rathalos got in over a Hunter. They pick what's actually iconic about the franchise to represent and focus on characters for the roster. Monster Hunter is massively successful, especially right now, and it still wasn't enough to get nintendo to license a generic hunter for a playable character while two especially dead vampire hunters from a dead series got to be playable

Minecraft will get the 6th stage slot.

Also consider this:
If I didn't know anything about videogames, and compared Steve as a character to other smash dlc like Joker, Bayo, Cloud, and Ryu, I'd feel like I got ripped the fuck off.
Everyone has these great 3D models with fluid animations and even different facial expressions, but now they're giving me a low-poly, static-faced lego brick that can't even articulate his joints?
Sure, we got minimalist styled characters like G&W and Villager, but this is for the Fighter's Pass. All separately payed DLC that cost the same amount as eachother. I'd want premium work put into every aspect of the character, like it is for the past dlc newcomers. I can't see Steve being the same price as Joker when everything about his design screams: "cheap"
Just my 2 cents

They’re western characters that got repped.
Cope harder over your non-existent rules, faggot.

Chief literally can't get in because he has no history with Nintendo. Unless the Halo collection is getting ported to Switch, he's out.

>Minecraft will get the 6th stage slot.
I believe on that too, Minecraft stage with Steve and Banjo Mii costumes just to make rosterfags seethe

I literally don't care who gets in at this point. The characters I want are already in.
I'm just sick of retards thinking there is patterns or rules to who gets in. Cloud was proof that LITERALLY anybody could get in at this point, and Joker was the straw that broke the camels back. I fucking hate the idea of Chief and Doom and Steve being in the game at all, but after Joker, I won't be surprised if one of them does get in.

>just to make rosterfags seethe
obsessed

I'm sorry but you're wrong. They were definitely surprising because of how distant they feel from Nintendo but on paper they followed all the rules.

1. On Nintendo hardware one time prior to announcement
2. Started in video games
3. Personality
4. Unique gamepay gimmick and/or playstyle

No, kill yourself you stupid fuck.

But nobody in the West plays those games. Almost nobody beside like 3 people.

Not even memeing, if Nintendo wanted to get the otaku and doujinshi audience, Reimu is the best choice by far.

I'm too chickenshit to do it. Now answer my points or go do it yourself if you're so tough!!!

Not him, but Joker and Cloud were literally never on Nintendo prior to their announcement. unless you wanna stretch and say Cloud's cameo in KH: Chain of Memories counts

You're actually going to use Final Fantasy Rhythm and KH CoM as your argument for Cloud being a part of "Nintendo hardware"
Kill. Your. Self.

Cloud was literally playable in that 3DS FF monster hunter clone prior to being in Smash and PQ2 was out in Japan

Joker was in Q2 in Japan a month before the VGAs

>You're actually going to use Final Fantasy Rhythm and KH CoM
Among other games, yes. Still counts.

>a month before
Shit, I mean, I guess you're right. It just seems like it means so little, considering it's minor spinoff stuff. (The way their represented in Smash doesn't even reflect those spinoffs. Midgar isn't that 3DS FF for example.)

Nah, its a 500k series, once Journalists shift gear and start praising it for its traditionalism instead of going "REEEE where are the ubisoft towers? where is the soul-like combat?" it will all get better.

he's fucking in, I can't believe it

Attached: 34545324654.jpg (1920x1080, 189K)

I really dislike the new doom design

I don't disagree that it's weird but they set rules and followed them so far. They stretched them a little past the perceived "spirit" of them but still followed.

Based retard, holding onto a dead argument that Sakurai himself said was BS.

Oh no, not the west!

Attached: D4TXZ8nXsAAcYJw.jpg (672x298, 57K)

Would this really be the representative character for the pc?

>new consumer demographics
>No FPS rep is represented
IT'S TIME BOYS

Attached: Heavy Metal gets stronger.jpg (1060x1200, 111K)

>Minecraft lovers that are not Steveposters exist
Thank goodness, I was hoping that all of you were lost to this nonsensical meme that is Steveposting

Duck Hunt is a FPS
I'd like to see fanart of Doomguy and DH together

Meme sandwich man has no Nintendo appearance. He's not in.

R E N T F R E E

Attached: Look at this faggot.jpg (171x250, 8K)

Fucking
Cope

Attached: nintendies.png (495x406, 334K)

It's good for some people but to me it is boring as fuck and nothing but a cringe factory culturally.

>No,no,no...it's too painful to watch. Gamers today don't want all this, they just want to shoot things! But as we're broadening the demographic, I'll have to think of something original.
You gotta admit that while this game sucked it left out many truths.
Most people only play games where they shoot at things because they can't legally do it in real life. It's the reason CoD games became popular, and in turn, they made Fortnite popular. DAMMIT

>No FPS rep is represented
Dark Samus

>Weeblard calling anyone else autistic
Keep your weebshit dating sim, we already have more than enough of those on Switch

>Dragonborn
I am genuinely laughing my fucking ass off. I can't see such a realistic character being in, this guy brings to the table even more blood than all other third-parties combined.
It would be really cool though.

>sure MCC was a buggy mess and Halo 5 sucked so bad it turned a bunch of people off the series forever but we're relevant dammit!

>Dreamworks Pictures
OH NO
NO
NONONONONONONONONONONONO IT'S A FAKE
IT'S A FAKE
PLS DON'T BE THE OGRE
PLS DON'T BE THE OGRE

I think he meant 3rd Party FPS rep. Also would Dark Samus and DHD even count? They ain't even playable.

>Samurai
>Nikki is already an Assist Trophy

Dark Samus exists and TF2 is far more likely

It's literally just ripped off infiniminer that got lucky with word of mouth. From a game design standpoint it's a decent proof of concept that Notch never actually did anything with because he already made his money. So instead of taking the block destroying and building groundwork and doing something with it he slapped hunger, generic RPG mechanics, a final boss, and a credits sequence on the game and called it a finished product. And the post-Notch support has been more fluff and bloat that doesn't add anything to the experience. For shit sake, Steve is LITERALLY alpha assets that Notch was too lazy to change. And that's not even getting in to stuff like the ass controls, combat, animations, and optimization.

Minecraft is a truly horrible video game. And no, I'm not just saying that because it's popular, I have no similarly negative rant to give about Fornite or Tetris or GTA, I can see some appeal there even if Fortnite and GTAV don't particularly appeal to me. Minecraft is a meritless piece of shit.

The only value Minecraft has is in proving definitively that the masses have actively bad tastes. There is NOTHING more disgusting than somebody who willingly praises Minecraft. Playing and modding it to hell because it's your only option for this style of game in 3D due to it's market dominance is one thing but actually thinking it has any inherent value as a piece of game design is downright subhuman.

Attached: 1437360570792-0.gif (500x281, 998K)

>Reggie says: "characters from franchises not typically associated with Nintendo"
>Shareholder meeting: "expand sales of these titles to new demographics"
>Yea Forums: "1st parties or franchises closely associated with Nintendo are not going to be DLC"

Yakuza guy is the only one that I don't like
2B seems an interesting choice
Monokuma...I would be happy, but at the same time I'd be scared
Kat's already in PSASBR as DLC. That would be painful.

She's LITERALLY a mii.

Go make her a mii fighter

NO PLEASE
STOP IT HEAVYFAGS

He literally didn't say that. Rewatch the video

>I think Nintendo lied to their shareholders just for the fun of it

>That spoiler
You're not the only one bruh

You should rewatch the video. He says nothing about excluding Nintendo characters.

>Sakurai says: "I consulted the ballot when selecting characters for the base game this time"
>Yea Forums: "Only fan favorites are getting in. Geno Banjo and Isaac are all but confirmed"
>Reality: Here's your Incineroar, Isabelle, and Pirahna Plant bro
Those who don't learn history are doomed to repeat it.

There has never and will never be a crop of Smash newcomers that doesn't appeal to a wide variety of video game fans. Your quote+Joker isn't nearly as concrete of proof that next 4 will all be ignoring Nintendo history and fan demand as you think it is.

you people are deluded if you think businesses regularly try to mislead their shareholders.

> We want the call of duty audience

I'm really excited for E3!

Attached: D4A0716E-01E3-4D3E-957E-067E4C939382.gif (241x307, 49K)

>DOOM
The grand daddy of fps, the big inspiration for the many big shooters. Like Quake, which TF is based off from. Actually getting a new game out soon.
>TF2
That team based game released in 2007, that got some updates here and there but people haven't been playing much of it since then.

I like TF2 too, but putting it over Doomslayer? I don't know man.

Attached: Uhhh what.gif (580x326, 2.49M)

And you're deluded if you don't think they don't fill the shareholders heads with empty business lingo that sounds nice.

Isn’t it funny that Persona and Atlus is represented by the two fattest and dumbest characters on that show.

>There has never and will never be a crop of Smash newcomers that doesn't appeal to a wide variety of video game fans.

Smash 4's first party picks did this.

>TF2 is far more likely
lol

>Little Mac
>Duck Hunt
>Bowser Jr/The Koopalings
>Has to add a qualifier because Megaman and Pac-Man also BTFO his argument
lol

>3 out of the many newcomers

ok

it's not empty business lingo, you just don't understand it.

Cope harder my guy

I bet you think candidates are 100% honest in job interviews too lol

>expand sales of these titles to new consumer demographics
>characters from franchises not typically associated with Nintendo

If this shareholder and what Regie said are anything to go by then Banjo is out of the question. It's clear they are going with characters that no one would expect in Smash. From this, Steve seems more likely, Master Chief and Doom Guy seem more likely, Leon seems more likely, Dante seems more likely. It's all about Bayonettas and Clouds at this point, not old Nintendo games.

Sora, Chosen Undead, and Leon S Kennedy please! Thank you, Soccer Guy!

Your quote is literally a bunch of fluff that basically boils down to "Not only will our DLC sell, the DLC will sell new units of the base game as well" And everything around that is bluster.

>Leon seems more likely
>Leon isn't associated with Nintendo
I want zoomers to go and stay go.

Literally the only RE protag with a major nintendo association.

>add a TF2 rep
>it's not Demoman

Attached: judgmental masuda.jpg (788x718, 33K)

When you read the full article and realize that they're comparing what they want to do with Smash with what their focus was with Pokémon LGPE, you really get the message that "this DLC is not for core Smash fans", and I'm really hoping that's not entirely the case for all five picks.

What do you think of the redesign for the next one?

Attached: 76u62grzqaf11.png (1920x1080, 1.41M)

>Yakuza guy is the only one that I don't like

Attached: 1543350978451.png (458x624, 330K)

RE is a multisystem whore. How is he emblematic of Nintendo? Because 4 was a couple of years an "exclusive" for the cube? Fuck off.

It's not my fault you outed yourself, no need to get steamed.

Attached: 1356822140754.gif (333x194, 1.78M)

>comparing what they want to do with Smash with what their focus was with Pokémon LGPE
What the fuck does that even mean.

Sure thing faggot.

lmao ok buddy

RE is THE survival horror game. Smash is a celebration of all of gaming and Ninty themselves have flirted with horror with Luigi's Mansion. RE deserves to have representation

>Retractable ab plating
For what reason?

>Guys trust me, I took business 101 this semester I know what I'm talking about

Attached: 1399339884669.jpg (403x391, 135K)

>id
>dreamworks

Attached: 1545502379108.gif (637x496, 825K)

FUCK BANJOKES
FUCK STEVIRGINS
POST THE CHARACTER (you) WANT.

Attached: 1556221696586.gif (403x378, 2.58M)

Still Banjo

Artorias. Imagine the screencaps of this guy with Pichu

Attached: C7BEA4CE-866D-47AD-A162-D1CC8B073F3B.jpg (1920x1536, 321K)

Based Eggbro

Attached: DoomSlayer Rips and Tears through the Battlefield.jpg (1280x720, 101K)

A Dragon Quest character would kind of prove that wrong though right? It started on Nintendo.

Attached: __roto_and_zoma_dragon_quest_iii_and_etc_drawn_by_chimochimo__sample-ef9d4493ead57f794a042f95ef20241 (850x708, 210K)

They basically want to pander to the phonefag type of outsider casual audience, if their shareholders Q&A is to be treated as gospel. Here's the full excerpt from what they had to say on Ultimate and LGPE (I almost never see this in full on Yea Forums):

>"With Pokémon: Let's Go, Pikachu!/Pokémon: Let's Go, Eevee!, we asked 'How could we reach people who had played Pokémon GO, for example, but never played Nintendo Switch?' With Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, we asked 'How could we reach not only fans of the Super Smash Bros. series, but also those who had never played it before?' If you look at the demographics of the consumers who purchased each of these titles, Iʼm not convinced weʼve completely overcome these challenges yet. So our aims are to keep working on them this year, to expand sales of these titles to new consumer demographics, and to keep selling these games for a long time, which is one of our strengths."

Source: gamesradar.com/heres-what-you-need-to-know-from-nintendos-investor-qanda-new-online-switch-game-and-more/

It's kinda buttfuck insane that Ultimate hasn't satisfied their expectations considering it's the best selling game in the series already at just under 14 million and doesn't show signs of dying quite yet. I also don't get this retarded need to try and capture casuals again on console when LGPE made it clear that such a focus will fucking cripple the legs of a game (LGPE sold fine in its first month but hasn't budged since).

>If this shareholder and what Regie said are anything to go by then Banjo is out of the question.
He appeals to new demographics and isn't associated with Nintendo technically by being an Xbox-owned character.
You could say he's both. (Associated with Nintendo in a spiritual sense AND part of a different demographic) So I wouldn't throw him out of the equation so soon.
If we're getting an MS character, I personally believe it's between him and Chief.

Banjo

>He appeals to new demographics
How so? His fans are all boomers who owned a 64. How is he going to attract a new demographic?

Megami Tensei started on Nintendo too, so already it's proved wrong.

Many people first experienced him on the 360 or with Rare Replay. It's not as outlandish as it seems.

I mean, picking DLC characters that will appeal to different people is a bit different to trivializing a series like they did with LGPE.

>Hating on daddy Kiryu

You fucked up son.

>They basically want to pander to the phonefag type of outsider casual audience

This is probably what they are up to. That and attracting zoomers with shit like Fortnite or Minecraft.

I'm sorry, user. I just can't agree with you.

It would have if Joker's pack included anything from the games on Nintendo consoles, but it was pretty clear none of those mattered to them sadly.

Attached: killyou.jpg (609x570, 29K)

it's okay to agree to disagree, user

Attached: 1558607594119.jpg (750x749, 121K)

The quote doesn't even say they're going to use the DLC characters to do this. And how would they continue to push LGPE to non-Nintendo demographics when it's a finished game with no post-game support? If anything this indicates to me that they're talking about the MARKETING of both games if this does in fact mean anything (and I have my doubts that it does.)

It's 90% fluff to make the shareholders happy, they know that Pokemon and their core multiplayer titles (Mario Kart, Smash, Party) will continue to sell regardless so they're just coming up with fancy wording to assure their shareholders that the games won't stop selling. And the other 10% still isn't talking about the content, it's talking about how they reach non-Nintendo fans.

Attached: 1365531021377.gif (320x240, 1.81M)

A lot of boomers dropped off of Nintendo for good after the Wii and DS.

I'm honestly surprised Jack is absent. Not even a png. At least it debunked another fake leak though.

Considering leaks are indicating old characters like Erdrick are gonna be part of the pass, I'm not entirely too sure the shareholder Q&A is much to hang stock on.

The bit at the bottom says that not being associated closely with Nintendo isn't a limiting factor, not that they are specifically aiming for these franchises. As long as they pick series that can bring in new people to smash, that's all that counts, and the way they will do that is simply picking characters from series that's fanbases don't have much overlap with the Smash fanbase. Joker is a good example, how often did you see people wanting Joker before he was announced? I'm sure he'll bring in some Persona fans. Basically, if the Smash fanbase doesn't want it, that just makes it more likely.

Attached: 1552598120625.jpg (512x512, 39K)

Attached: 8ACF46A2-9869-4F2B-8411-83572C184163.png (1024x423, 518K)

It honestly sucks that he didn't get so much as a spirit. But on the flipside, his absence assfucked tons of faggot 'leakers'

Minecraft is already over 10 years old, though, so if anything it would be for millennials as well.

holy fuck. going to start hoping for banjo just to see these autists go off the deep end

Ask yourself which makes more sense
>Taking advantage of the biggest Smash installbase in the series history by appealing to fans with a mix of characters they'd enjoy guaranteeing fat DLC sales and characters that bring in new fans to buy the base game+dlc
or
>Ignoring the largest installbase in Smash history and gambling it all on enticing enough new buyers to make up for a diminished amount of the current installbase buying DLC

Attached: 1428519341623-2.png (5000x5000, 88K)

>B-b-but we should've got Bandana Dee and Rex instead! N-nintendo characters instead of third party trash like Rayman and Phoenix Wright!
Each coming day i'm glad Yea Forums has no voice on whoever gets into the game

Two fucking sources from Nintendo corroborate on the same thing. Sure it doesnt outright deconfirm, but you cant deny that certain characters like Banjo are in contrary to what Nintendo is looking for.

See? This is why I like to show the full thing to people who use this shareholders' Q&A response. DLC isn't specifically mentioned (although I won't rule out one or two more casual/outsider-pandering shit picks), plus even for Nintendo it'd be absolutely buttfuck retarded to try and change marketing course with Ultimate after it proved successful with its initial direction.

Can't have that, though, can we? Just doesn't lend itself well enough to non-effort roster warfagging and wojakery.

It's a reference to how the first Doom's cover has Doomguy's abs exposed from part of his shirt being ripped off. pic related

Attached: 3907-doom-dos-front-cover.jpg (800x1207, 285K)

Attached: tumblr_nya7tdtYit1rlurbuo1_1280.png (612x686, 206K)

Monokuma would be fun as fuck.

Whats with this constant cope I'm seeing with fucks repeating "THEYV NBEVER BEEN ON NINTNEDO HARDWARE SO THEY CANT BE IN"
As if it actually means anything.

But they literally dont

Life is pain

Attached: Zero.jpg (1128x1441, 553K)

>implying people cares about DOOM

There's going to be quite a few people who bought the FP preemptively. A lot of people just want all the characters. Some people will just buy a character if they look cool or their stage looks cool. With stage builder added, I'm sure a lot of people will be tempted by the music they can use. For the people that didn't buy everything, sure, they miss out on a 6 dollar sale. If they can bring in new customers though, that's a 66 dollar sale at minimum.

>If they can bring in new customers though, that's a 66 dollar sale at minimum.
>If they can bring in new customers
>If

Attached: Developer attempts to find a wider audience.gif (320x235, 2.89M)

Why would Nintendo want to appeal to this niche group of people? At least with Persona it's not entirely a otaku franchise, it just has a lot of anime-esque stuff to it and has cool demons and shit. Touhou is equivalent to a Madoka Magica game, it's not mainstream enough to cater to Persona weebs it's just something popular to a certain group of people and no hardcore gamer wouldn't cringe at the sight of a character from a magical loli game being in Smash

Goddammit teeth and smug girls are SO HOT

Attached: 984023980.jpg (500x590, 142K)

>it's scalloped so it must be retractable
That's for flexibility, numbnuts.

Attached: !temp.jpg (1600x1200, 412K)

It's better than trying to sell to the people who already payed. There are plenty of new markets to appeal to.

Sephiroth is the better pick.

SC Nightmare

Attached: 1555641467690.png (900x900, 272K)

I doubt anyone on here will believe me, but fuck them this is still my most wanted and has been for a long time.

Attached: 300px-Hero3male.png (300x390, 147K)

Otakufags are willing to pay hundreds of dollars for a glorified jpeg on their phones. You honestly think they wouldn't be an audience Nintendo might go after this audience? Especially what they did to Fire Emblem?

Attached: 1524764413902.gif (398x223, 941K)

>It's better than trying to sell to the people who already payed
It's literally not, an inordinate amount of people already bought Smash, it's one of the best selling games in Nintendo's history. There's more profit to be had in not alienating those buyers and getting 25-30 more dollars out of them than there is not getting as many purchases out of the current buyers and hoping you get enough people willing to make a 360 dollar purchase (game+console) for ONE 6 dollar DLC.

Do you really think Corrin sold as much as Cloud? Don't be naive. The DLC may be safe from utterly flopping because of people who want to own every character but Nintendo is still interested in maximizing profits. And maximizing profits comes from a balance of taking advantage of the current massive install base and simultaneously trying to stimulate more base game sales.

Joker may not be a ballot voted character but to claim that his inclusion completely disregards core Smash fans is naive. They both have the same just above highschool-just short of literal boomer male majority demographic and a lot of the Nintendo fans who buy SMT games have played the Persona titles as well. By arguing that the rest of the characters will be like Joker you're already arguing that Smash fans won't be entirely disregarded, because the one attempt we've seen to branch out beyond Smash fans right now was still very careful to keep them in consideration.
It doesn't matter what character you can cook up, the fans who made Smash Ultimate one of Nintendo's most successful titles of all time will maintain the majority buying power by a large amount, so Nintendo has to make sure they keep that group satisfied while branching out.

Attached: 1362726666405.gif (300x290, 1.74M)

SOMEBODY

KNUCKLES CRACK
IN 200 VERY DIFFERENT WAAAAYS

Attached: The Wonderful 101.jpg (1340x1024, 701K)

>"I wish we don't get a FE Three Houses rep!"
>wish granted, Nintendo pushes a Heroes rep instead
...why does this sound precisely like some bullshit that Nintendo and Sakurai would actually pull?

Attached: 6f11855b43dae1c72a2371e4c6e0baff.jpg (512x384, 25K)

>Reggie: We're looking for non-Nintendo associated characters for Smash
>Nintendo: We want to appeal to new demographics for Smash
You dont need that many brain cells to put two and two together

>Sakurai: I consulted the ballot when selecting characters this time

>2014
Uh huh that's some nice Smash Ultimate news you got there

Banjo is not really a Nintendo-associated character at this point in time, so you do have a point there.

The issue here is, you're looking for an exception to the rule when Reggie already said that Joker is emblematic of what to expect for DLC.

What does this prove? Yeah PS4 is the master race doesn't mean people actually like DQ as much as in the West.

The Dragonborn from Skyrim just for laughs

Played P5 and you guys aren’t honestly missing much. SMT is where it’s at.

>Sakurai: I consulted the ballot when selecting characters this time
The quote your clinging to doesn't mean nearly as much as you think it does.

Xbots dont give a shit about him though. If they did, another Banjo game would be in development. Nintendo would be better of appealing to them by getting Master Chief or another FPS character

>le smug reaction destroys your argument XD
You're an absolutely idiotic faggot

Banjotards being exposed by Stevechads.... SAD

Listen to this guy. Hopefully SMT V does as well but will still be overshadowed by Persona.

Yes it does, it means "expect more like Joker"

>Left without an argument, Business 101 user resorts to shitposting
lol

Attached: 1550031898576.jpg (3024x2043, 1.38M)

Right, and Sakurai consulted the ballot this time. It means "expect more ballot characters"

Those who don't learn history are doomed to repeat it, user

Attached: 1530932983538.png (888x947, 634K)

>Reggie: We're looking for non-Nintendo associated characters for Smash
That's quite literally not what he said in OP's pic.
He only said non-Nintendo characters aren't a limiting factor, meaning they're not out of the question. That doesn't mean 3rd party characters who have been on Nintendo consoles in the past are out of the question.
All they're saying is they have a farther reach this time.

he's in

Attached: ek-set.png (600x1079, 681K)

Hate the shitposters not the game, user. The steveposters probably don´t even like minecraft

>has a new movie coming out
>has been in multiple games across multiple console generations
>is far more iconic than any of the usual shill picks like Steve or Erdrick
>has a unique brand of comedy
>unlimited moveset potential

Yep, I'm thinking he's in. The odds are in his favor
youtube.com/watch?v=DePKKHoFOoA

Attached: the odds are in his favor.jpg (1920x1080, 252K)

Banjo has done pretty well on xbox, actually.

Attached: 1558616114432.jpg (750x960, 419K)

Fuck tumblr

You can't reason with him user, he's unironically stapling two quotes together to turn them into one quote.
His entire argument is hinging on these two quotes given at completely different times to different people referring to one another.

The branching out quote from the shareholder meeting doesn't state that they're using DLC to branch out to new demographics, it even says they're going to do this with LGPE AND Smash, and LGPE doesn't have DLC, suggesting it has nothing to do with DLC.
And Reggie's quote doesn't guarantee that every single DLC character will have no association to Nintendo and ignore fan requests.
But when you staple these unrelated quotes together and act like they're both on the same train of thought, then, and only then, does Business 101-kun have an ""argument""

Attached: 1514813777769.png (393x391, 213K)

Attached: tumblr_o9yem7c0qL1sf8uq4o1_r1_1280.png (663x655, 128K)

Would unironically be kino if Robin was alive to voice him.

He’s all I want, really.

Attached: 5C5E3BAE-9C02-469F-A260-9DC5AE503265.jpg (600x800, 114K)

You think nintendo would add a motherfucker with a broken arm into smash? I like him but most of his moves are variations of "jump and slam sword into everyone". Oscar and Solaire Would be better representatives of dark souls. Hell, make a character than has a mediu shield and kinda short sword and you can make every skin a different armord set, changing the weapon from sword to mace and axe. even better if added fire and lightning moves so pyro and faith builds are represented. fuck int fags

Never played dragon quest. What can he do that Link can´t? Spells?

Realistically a Bloodborne Hunter would be the coolest option but that'll never work because lolsony

Attached: integrity.jpg (640x478, 44K)

>The branching out quote from the shareholder meeting doesn't state that they're using DLC to branch out to new demographics, it even says they're going to do this with LGPE AND Smash, and LGPE doesn't have DLC, suggesting it has nothing to do with DLC.
They were obviously referring to the future of both franchises. For Pokemon, that's Sword and Shield. For Smash, it's the DLC.

>And Reggie's quote doesn't guarantee that every single DLC character will have no association to Nintendo and ignore fan requests
It does when you consider the NUMEROUS leaks that point to Steve - you can easily see why Nintendo would prioritize Steve over Banjo, as Steve has a significantly higher pull compared to a dead franchise. More and more evidence is piling against you pathetic fucks and your sheer denial over this is entertaining me greatly.

either him or Ashen One

Attached: dark-souls-remastered-prepare-to-die-edition.jpg (1280x720, 202K)

Better than Sora. I´d actually like having him, but I have no idea of how he´d play like

Hope so

>They were obviously referring to the future of both franchises
Like I said, as long as you let Business 101-kun assume a ton of shit and staple to quotes together, he has an ""argument""

>It does when you consider the NUMEROUS leaks that point to Steve
oh no no no no no no

Attached: 1441672277404-4.png (540x465, 295K)

It's no different now than 13 years ago. Not sure why you're acting like Joker is some bold new strategy that hasn't been done before. Yes, Snake has the legacy to justify being in a Nintendo game, but at the time was:
>to get MGS fans interested in Brawl (and the Wii in general)
>to get Smashfans interested in Metal Gear Solid 4 (and to a much lesser extent Twin Snakes)
>a personal favor to Hideo Kojima
>for relationship/collaborations with Konami
>to appeal to the longtime Gen X fans of the NES games (like SMT)
Cloud and Bayonetta were meant to appeal to other demographics too.

Attached: e3 2006.png (1366x768, 653K)

>Try to play the part of a smart business savvy user all thread
>Get blown the fuck out
>Immediately jump back into the sinking ship of "MUH LEAKS"
I thought Steve's were supposed to be the shitposters not the lolcows.

Attached: 1534826247230.gif (290x189, 1.04M)

Attached: 368.gif (540x350, 715K)

Maybe something like this.

Attached: 7AD86107-661C-4058-BE1F-F1C51DC2CE17.jpg (2048x1583, 756K)

>I'm going to ignore official statements from Nintendo because they don't support my shitty boomer pick
Unless you can interpret what they say any differently, things are not looking so good for tha bear and bird.

Many Steveposters are just as invested as the people they claim to be making fun of, that's not a big surprise.

Attached: malos.jpg (1024x576, 41K)

>I'm going to ignore official statements from Nintendo because they don't support my shitty boomer pick
>"I referenced the ballot when selecting characters this time" - Masahiro Sakurai
And that doesn't even touch down on the fact that your "official statement" is two separate quotes from different sources intended for different people and a bunch of assumptions mixed in.

Attached: 1423262945575.png (620x670, 226K)

Neku would be based. He has a ton of moveset potential and people can’t shitpost about him being an anime swordsman or whatever.

Touhou is more popular than you think. Many elementary to middle school kids are fans of Touhou now.

You mean two official statements from the same company that are completely in sync with each other? Nintendo's goals and intentions cannot be any more clearer here. At this point, I'm convinced that you've gone absolutely mad.

If it hasn't clicked for people before, the last couple weeks have made it abundantly clear that the narrative of "Stevefagging is all totally just an ironic subversive parody of rosterfags you guys" doesn't hold water at all. It's also become way easier to tell who's genuinely shitposting and who's genuinely invested.

Attached: 1524902361719.jpg (690x720, 77K)

>completely in sync with each other?
Provided that you ignore that one quote outright never mentions smash DLC in any capacity and the other never mentions specifically targeting franchises not associated with Nintendo, and only says that they're a possibility*

You've improvised so much of this "quote" at this point that you're telling me that I should take your word, not Nintendo's

we knew this the moment we discovered their discord. You can tell by the way they react when people leak their conversations from there too.

Fuck off everyone.

He is in.

Attached: Mvc1commando.gif (252x224, 8K)

Quote from Cave Story.
The next best thing after Geno imho

Attached: E9488D08-45F6-402A-9F23-A7BE61BAC06F.jpg (620x707, 53K)

Flipping the dynamic on stevoids is even better than ignoring them

Next smash, Marth but is reworked to use a shield

Attached: Fire Emblem Heroes_2019-05-23-13-04-11_1.jpg (1440x2539, 603K)

BASED

Everyone should just do both.

every normal move, aside from his B Specials, uses the animations of another smash fighter
youtube.com/watch?v=muTJjHRk2C8
It literally is a copy paste in terms of animation

Attached: 1504885914229.jpg (735x945, 114K)

Banjo
Leon
Crash
Chosen Undead

Here’s the thing with that too, if Banjo would be in, I’m assuming Rare Replay would come Switch, which could serve as an entry point to Banjo. Bringing in Banjo opens up a new crowd to him, the people that have never played or never heard of him will have something to check out after seeing him in Smash. Sorta like FE representation in Melee (for the west at least).

I would literally rather have Steve and Erdrick

Seethe

Erdrick would be the least unique character on the roster. Just think for a moment.

>But he has a Shield!
We have 3 links already.
>He uses magic!
So does Robin, Palutena, Ness, Lucas, Rosalina, Zelda, etc.
>He uses more than one weapon!
So does Villager, Isabelle, Simon, and Richter.

Erdrick would not be unique. There is nothing about him that would make him stand out from the rest. He'd just be yet again, another anime swordsman.

Attached: 1556921650612.png (362x370, 110K)

Reminder that Nintendo showed up at Reitaisai once to have a Touhou related competition using their Jam with the Band game on 3DS

seriously

I fucking love reimufags you autists crack me up

how and why do you even know that?

This thread was a hoot

NONONONO IM UNIQUE!!! I CAN SHOOT LIGHTNING AND FIRE AND TELEPORT. TELL ME A CHARACTER WHO CAN DO THAT!!! THE STEVEBROS AT THE DISCORD SAY I'M UNIQUE AND BRAVE

Attached: 1555531485753.png (889x951, 204K)

Neku can do all of that and more.

Attached: 4A36B816-DDF5-4FA0-BB4B-5293953843F9.jpg (172x202, 19K)

Based

I know this is shitposting but screw it. Imma add to this. Charizard can shoot fire. Mewtwo and Metaknight can teleport. Pikachu and Pichu can use lightning.

Everything Erdrick can do, a majority of the cast already can.

Attached: 1525682827031.gif (481x481, 126K)

>Farthest you could ever be to Nintendo
Yeah, I'm thinking he's in.

Attached: 2mae4ks5x5621.jpg (1462x828, 58K)

It's more like audiences that aren't typically on Nintendo systems. Persona got Fatlus losers and ironic weebs. One will probably be a Gacha thing like FATE GO or Granblue or something. One will be shooterfags/rated m dudebros like Doom or something. One might be arcadefags if Ryu somehow didn't draw them in. Last one is minecraft

That isn't even the tip of the iceberg for the most part
>Fire
Bowser, Charizard, Ken, Kirby w/ Copy Abilities, Lucas, Luigi, Mario, Ness, Palutena, Ridley, Robin, Ryu, Zelda
>Lightning
Kirby w/ Copy Abilities, Lucas, Ness, Pichu, Pikachu, Robin
>Teleports
Mewtwo, Zelda, Sheik, Meta Knight, Greninja, Palutena, Bayonetta

So you're just starting right back up and hoping everyone would just forget about before, huh? fucking lel

So yeah he's basically out isn't he? I mean I can't believe I'm saying this but Steve, Frisk, and Reimu have much more moveset potential than Erdrick.

>if Nintendo wanted to get the otaku and doujinshi audience
why would anybody want a bunch of greasy fat mouth breathers?

Attached: 1540522719868.gif (250x300, 605K)

He's been deconfirmed for a bit now, but if he somehow got in I guarantee he would have at least 3 of Robin's specials and a down b counter

What's in it for Valve?

>Last December, ZUN had officially given Nintendo a license, allowing Band Brothers players to upload music based on all Team Shanghai Alice albums, i.e. the PC-98 Touhou OST, and ZUN's music collections. They followed it up with a Shanghai Alice Remix Contest for players, with ZUN as a special judge. The winners were announced in the previous broadcast ZUN attended; their compositions will be collected in a CD sold at Reitaisai, marking Nintendo's first ever appearance at Reitaisai.

shrinemaiden.org/forum/index.php?topic=19472.30

>Z" Wowwow Well ... in the future ... Well ... I wish I could make a good talk with Nintendo-san, it was today's broadcast that makes me feel such a dream. "
>Z" I want to make friends with Nintendo, not only Sony is making friends "
>Z" Because Toho is not so much something, there is a healthy Toho world "

theylivewesleep.blog.fc2.com/blog-entry-50.html?sp

What's gonna be our talking points if Lara Croft is confirmed for another Square rep?

I saw a pic of Sakurai in Poland

What does this imply?

Attached: 1510044559814.jpg (734x873, 152K)

Virgin Ben and Tan Nuts stream their suicide

Remember, bros. There are no rules for who gets into smash. The final say comes from Nintendo. Want whoever you want, and don't let anyone stop you.

Fuck "relevancy," FUCK fake requirements for getting into Smash, and FUCK buzzwords.

Attached: bandoomer dee.png (352x334, 94K)

I didnt even know about the A-moves being cloned but he also has B - moves clones too

His normal B is Bayo's Normal B
His Side B is Robin's Side B
His Down B when Arsen is out is Palutena's Side B
And his Recovery is Ivysaur's recovery

Attached: king morgana.jpg (200x200, 16K)

Reimu is not a loli in any sense of the word even by normie standards.

>So yeah he's basically out isn't he?
Has a vague overlap with other characters stopped Sakurai? This very board was posting videos of saying Joker was a clone because he and other characters both kicked.

His gun move is unique because of the acrobatics and his recovery is way faster and more lenient than Ivysaurs, but the side B is definitely just a modified PK fire and the counter is a fucking counter

Attached: CF4E38A5-E795-4D72-B103-255E820A3A1F.jpg (640x718, 85K)

>the 6th stage slot
I was super hyped about the fact we may get a surprise bonus stage for free like miiverse in 4 until they added custom levels and the "random toggle" has a random stage option in the setting, which takes up that slot, so maybe we wont now, sadly

>Stage builder 2.0: Lets you choose which stages are toggled on and not in the custom stage tab among other updates

Attached: 1426188081040.jpg (291x329, 33K)

Look at the second example, how is that the same animation you absolute retard.

I was referring to the other big characters like Remilia or Cirno

alright Sakurei listen, I'm 100% serious this time

put Reimu in Smash and I'll buy your game, got it?

If someone from Touhou is getting in Smash it's going to be Reimu so why even bring that up?

It all depends on how the projectile works and shit, by your standards what character is even barely unique? Everything can be vaguely linked to something else in the game.

Because they're a dedicated source of income and are willing to throw tons of money at Nintendo if pandered to? Whether you like it or not, Nintendo has already started movingnin that direction with Fire Emblem and Xenoblade. It's really not that big of a stretch to say they might get pandered to in the Smash DLC

nakaruru? are snk games as iconic as final fantasy and mega man?? it should be but i doubt sakurai and nintendo have a thing with snk or something

who is Reimu? What game is he from?

Since 2001

Attached: Isaac_Golden_Sun.jpg (571x640, 53K)

so youre saying shes in

Attached: ammy2.jpg (160x160, 9K)

>Frisk
That character would just swing a knife we already have that in joker.
>Reimu
She'd just shoot shit like mega man so whats the point. Guess these characters are deconfirmed

>Magical loli game
Half the characters in the series are lolis, it was to make a point on why Nintendo should rep a series like this that no typical gamer is into

based eggposter

Attached: 200.gif (280x200, 5K)

>He got a relatively unknown game in the one month it was out before 2001 ended and immediately started to like it so much he became his pick for Smash
Yeah right, and I wanted Erdrick since 88.

>Relatively unknown
>One of the first original GBA RPGs
I know at the very least I've been wanting this character longer than you've been alive.

Imagine being this much of a zoom zoom

nintendo.co.jp/n01/n64/software/nus_p_nalj/smash/flash/syukeiken/return549.html

I counted like 20 from a total character count of over 130 characters, and a bunch of them aren't even all that popular. Pokémon is a bigger offender in that regard.

Well why add anyone new at this point then if it all comes down to just functions?

Persona audience is ridiculously small. Nintendo don't need them. It's just that Sakurai genuinely liked the game. It's not about audience or representation it's all about Sakurai tastes and his nationalistic views.

Sakurai created Smash Bros because of King of Fighters

Space Invaders or Q*Bert would make my day

What the fuck is this new cope saying that persona isnt popular? Is it just a troll or what? Persona (Especially persona 5) is fucking huge, its what made Atlus even relevant.

Reimu would be Megaman and Palutena fused together and on steroids.
Also I'm getting tired of posting this video again and again. Frisk can do much more than you think.
youtube.com/watch?v=osb2rdvA2BA&t

Attached: 1540143561598.png (757x1440, 435K)

P5 barely outsold ARMS despite its $20 price point.

GBA being Nintendo's worst selling Handheld and still struggling to keep up with the GBC in 2001.
It was out in Japan earlier, yeah, but int he west he would have to got it at release and then spend the rest of December playing it and at the same time like the experience well enough to desire he in Smash immediately after. I have an easier time believing user is a lying faggot.

Reimu has a lot to work with movesetwise. She's been in many fighting games, and her debut game was unique in how she controls her yin yang orb to hit enemies. Even her bullet patterns in the shmups are unique enough to make an interesting zoner.

Nah, we went full retard this thread, all these moves are similar in some way to other moves other characters have therefore Frisk would be an echo.

Are you even watching the video

>Sword normals
Already in smash
>Umbrella
Peach, isabelle, and villager
>Dancing
Wii Fit Trainer
>Shooting things
We have plenty of those
>Bird up b
Duck Hunt
Wow pretty generic honestly

And the morality bar? Chara mode?

2b
Heihachi
Kabuki from Far East of Eden
Geralt
There's your newcomers

Well in Pokemon you focus more on the Pokemon then the trainer

Joker and cloud already have limit, sounds boring

Oh no? You might be right and I might have only bought the game in 2002? Oh no, one whole year of difference, this surely makes me the faggot.

I bought it a week or two after release brand new. It's not a hard game, and I was a friendless loser, so I beat it in like two weeks. How is that so difficult to understand?

Attached: cozymia.png (569x364, 21K)

That's even worse considering all the porn of the Pokémon themselves.

Nintendo is a Japanese company, dumbass. Touhou is fucking massive over there.

>Controls her yin yang orb
We already have controllable orbs with ness and lucas. She deconfirmed

>Meme waifu that has never been on Nintendo
>OK character
>A PC Engine character that existed in opposition to Nintendo's Zelda, FF and DQ and Sega's Phantasy Star getting in before DQ. classic FF or Phantasy Star. Still based I guess.
>Fucking meme character from some eurojank sex simulator that has also never been on Nintendo.
2/4 are terrible, try again.

Watch the full video. Look over what kind of moveset s/he'd have, and then tell me if it is or isn't unique.

So you liked the dude for one month before deciding you wanted him in Smash and you are a 'true fan' but I wanted Steve and Minecraft in smash for years and I am somehow a 'fake fan who only does it to win'. I fucking hate this community.

I did, everything can be vaguely traced back to some character or another, or assist trophies.

Are you mad at me because someone else hates on your character? Is it right for you to take it out on me, a random anonymous?

Where's the fucking justice in that?

Attached: 1541875283966.png (716x660, 51K)

Just in time for the DLC

Attached: 50700C7F-3D8B-4FB8-8FB4-887F703BC557.jpg (1024x685, 127K)

You do realize that businesses can be sued if they mislead their shareholders.

Retard, many wanted Rex and Spring Man before their games were even out

Alright user, let me teach you a thing or two. Touhou is popular in japan for the same reason Hatsune Miku is, it's the exact same audience basically. Why would Nintendo cater to this small group of people? Touhou isn't massive, it's a niche community filled with a lot of people that you would never find out about unless you had to seek it for yourself

Can't wait to commemorate rad catcher day

Attached: Pied-Piper-Mom.gif (500x375, 1.86M)

you know rosterfagging has gotten bad when the only OC we're getting anymore is from steve and erdrickfags

It's 26 minutes long. No you fucking didn't. And what of the pacifist mode? You didn't address that. There is not one character on the roster who gets stronger from NOT attacking.

They're just slow

Attached: _PuppetPalGeno.jpg (735x735, 69K)

That was a fun time, why can't rosterfagging be more like it was before. Where's the soul

First parties are going to be second wave DLC, but they're focusing on third parties first to ensure it sells well.

It's what happens when such a huge number get disconfirmed in one go.

No, they dont work like PK thunder. And I know you already made up your mind about Reimu, so I won't even bother elaborating.

>that "Witcher 3 Switch" leak from that big French wholesaler back in January (also correctly leaked other Switch titles like AssCred)
>game product details included PEGI 12, Bamco Developer and Combat Genre which don't actually apply to the Witcher 3
>it's totally obviously completely Fighter Pass 2

he's in

Attached: 788c6ca357f87c58be1d59213a352bdb.jpg (1191x670, 170K)

HOLY FUCKING CHECK THOSE QUIDS

What is Nintendo's game plan? Are they trying to take over the entire Japanese market?

To do that, they gotta add Reimu and Saber.

BOOK
CHARACTER

Attached: Clown Otis.jpg (1187x805, 65K)

>Touhou is the exact same audience as Miku
>Miku
>not massive

on that note, miku for smash. Would genuinely be shocking.

Shut the fuck up Otis.

>I lived enough to see zoomer trash become acceptable memes on Yea Forums

what if they added nintendo characters with fun silhouettes, theme and combat abilities

so we'll never have fun characters like Marx or Midna because this game needs to "rep" stuff like the fucking UN? Not enough vanilla posterboys?

Attached: 1470107257468.png (409x325, 164K)

Most Nintendo characters which are not bosses or AT aren't really fun and there are plenty of third parties that are more relevant to Nintendo than the D-tier first parties.

that's what Piranha Plant is.

>Based Patton
>Retarded argument
What a shame.

Speak for yourself. Agufags are even worse than jibanfags

I also like girls with teeth

Attached: The_Teeth_Girl.png (1280x960, 859K)

they literally did this with Ryu, Bayonetta, Cloud and Joker so of course at least 3 of the DLC will be third parties from new series. I honestly won't be surprised if we get a GTA character or Chell from Portal

It's not hard to be worse than a group that doesn't seem to post on Yea Forums.

Erdrick is so based his game is from 88. The mouse stands no chance.

absolutely fucking based

Attached: 1540343215947.png (500x500, 61K)

As someone who's been a Banjofag for 20 years, it feels bad that's he's used for a bunch of falseflagging, memeing, and shitposting. Banjo used to be the comfy sleeper pick, now people hate Banjofags.

So they still have a chance right?

Attached: DLC.png (1276x706, 835K)

Attached: D7GeE1tVsAAfjdp.jpg (1920x1080, 222K)

Nakoruru is not a KoF character

>otaku
>small group of people
And that's not including the growing number of weebs in America. There is even an entire city in Japan dedicated to this shit. There's a reason why Fire emblem started being so successful after they added self-inserts avatars and marriage mechanics. I'll be shocked if they didn't pander to them considering how much money Nintendo makes off FEH.

Attached: Comicmarket62_00.jpg (220x165, 16K)

anyone who believes 1st party and franchise closely associated with nintendo will be DLC are retarded and I can't wait to laugh at them when DLC gets revealed

Attached: kof95gb.jpg (1280x720, 158K)

because you can still add new functions.

Attached: 1545101062304.png (894x682, 375K)

wait, she's not? what game is she from?

Samurai Shodown

FE Awakening blew up because at the time the 3DS had fuckall worth playing.

>appearing in a game with many franchises involved makes you native from that franchise
Can't believe Pac-Man is a Mario character

Attached: 1553167746996.jpg (1280x720, 190K)

>Ape Escape kid using all those items like the hula hoop as his side B
PLEASE

Attached: gib.png (778x512, 45K)

She is not native to KoF but like Terry she can be associated with the IP since she was one of the main characters of XIV

Attached: 1558620350629.jpg (720x1280, 80K)

I have a leak

Here's the DLC

Attached: SmashUltimateDLC.jpg (1564x1564, 1.09M)

The Rian Johnson method

>Spike from Ape Escape and youn Link in the same game

Attached: il020227.png (320x240, 6K)

Yeah but Sakurai just does as he pleases. Why do you think we have like 20 fire elemental characters and only 1 ice elemental with some characters that have like one ice move.

Stardew Farmer joins the battle!!
>yfw

Attached: Stardew Valley symbol.png (122x121, 536)

Feel free to give whatever excuses you want. Doesn't change the fact that the otaku demographic is one that Nintendo is actively trying to pursue.

Oh no doubt, and they are wise to do so, but FEA's success was highly circumstantial

If any of these spergs have twitch streams bookmark them now so that if Banjo DOES get in, you've got a front row seat to a live suicide.

Attached: Dante_DMC1.png (354x477, 118K)

GOOD MOOOOOOOORNING Yea Forums! Just wanted to remind you that we’re another day closer to Steve (yes, THE Steve from Minecraft) getting confirmed in Smash Ultimate! Make sure to save your tears for the upcoming Fighter Pass when Steve walks into the spotlight!

>H-HAH! VIRGINBEN SAID THE TOPDOWN WASN’T LINK’S AWAKENING! HE WAS FINALLY WRONG! STEVE ISN’T IN SMASH!!!!!
“No!”

Yikes! That’s a large assumption. How can one “questionable” prediction instantly invalidate a history of success? Unlike your “Grinch leak” Banjocucks, Steve has a lot more distribution among other leakers. Ever heard of MasterOfHyrule, Hitagi, 7chan, and 5channel? And while you’re busy obsessing over Vergeben, care to explain how the topdown remake Vergeben predicted was exactly the title he said wouldn’t be featured? Seems a bit suspicious if you ask me, but feel free to continue your denial. Your tears of disappointment will be all the more sweeter!

>b-but Banjo has a good history with Nintendo! He’s gotta be in!
“No!”

Sorry Banjo fags, but the Microsoft rep is taken by yours truly! Why would Nintendo choose a dead character over the marketing potential of the highest grossing game of the 21st century? The DLC characters have also been confirmed to be “surprising” according to the developers, so I’m afraid your years of crying for Banjo are going to be subverted once again with the reveal of our favorite underdog! But feel free to continue your denial. Your tears of disappointment will be all the more sweeter!

>b-but my google leak!
“No!”

That leak has already been confirmed as fake by PushDustIn, but feel free to continue your denial. Your tears of disappointment will be all the more sweeter!

Attached: 1558310837362.png (1170x658, 380K)

GOOD MOOOOOOOORNING Yea Forums! Just wanted to remind you that we’re another day closer to Banjo (yes, THE Banjo from Banjo-Kazooie) getting confirmed in Smash Ultimate! Make sure to save your tears for the upcoming Fighter Pass when Banjo & Kazooie walks into the spotlight!

>b-but Microsoft has a good relationship with Nintendo rn! He’s gotta be in!
“No!”

Sorry Stevefags, but the Microsoft rep is taken by yours truly!, Just because Nintendo & Microsoft are making Minecraft stuff on Nintendo's consoles & handheld's doesn't mean Steve is in, & Why would Nintendo choose a terribly animated character over a character that has been requested ever since Melee & Phil Spencer acknowledged Banjo & Kazooie being in Smash instead of Steve? Sakurai went way out of his way to talk up Persona 5 before Joker's reveal, guess what other game he's talked up? That's right it's Banjo & Kazooie back then. Don't forget that the Minecraft dev team De-confirmed that blockhead, also, the Smash Ultimate Joker showcase that came out in April, it was a green witch, hinting Banjobros & Kazooiebros are coming in Ultimate. Also, the new google leak that showed up?, that confirms Banjo & Kazooie bitches. The DLC characters have also been confirmed to be “surprising” according to the developers, so I’m afraid your years of crying for Steve are going to be subverted just like Erdrickfags, Dongobongfagget, BillyBo10k, & Virginbitch with the reveal of our favorite underdog! But feel free to continue your denial. Your tears of disappointment will be all the more sweeter & bitter!

Attached: 1558317381421.png (602x602, 445K)

June 11th, 2019. 8:59 AM. The calm before the storm. The dinner before the dessert. The foreplay before the penetration. The anticipation is just killing me and my fellow Stevebros. We all await anxiously, patiently, and silently in call until eventually... it happens.

The icon slash. The zoom. The reveal.

..It's Steve.

Me and the fellow Stevebros rejoice and shakes hands with one another and laugh. At the same time, millions of Banjokes all around the world cock their head back and screech into the bright morning sky. All around the world, ugly manchildren can be heard screaming at the top of their lungs. It's like music to our ears. The foul shrieks of those who once dismissed us as nothing more than fools. The cacophony of wails that will lull me to sleep for many nights to come. It's a day I'll remember for the rest of my life, as will everyone else in the cult.

Now that our character is in, the only remaining job is to secure a future in which Banjo never does.

Attached: Aw1YDTS.png (278x382, 90K)

Leave crossover kino to us.

Attached: 69407148_p0.jpg (850x1700, 1.54M)

The only one I want that hasn't been deconfirmed

Attached: 1375107665_1436653066_19589_imageAddr.jpg (750x1022, 273K)

>463241361
>463241571
>463241887
You put no thought in these copypastas.

Attached: 1544212147138.gif (220x324, 2.91M)

June 11th, 2019. 8:59 AM. The calm before the storm. The dinner before the dessert. The foreplay before the penetration. The anticipation is just killing me and my fellow Banjobros. We all await anxiously, patiently, and silently in call until eventually... it happens.

The icon slash. The zoom. The reveal.

..It's Banjo.

Me and the fellow Banjobros rejoice and shakes hands with one another and laugh. At the same time, millions of Stevefags all around the world cock their head back and screech into the bright morning sky. All around the world, ugly zoomers can be heard screaming at the top of their lungs. It's like music to our ears. The foul shrieks of those who once dismissed us as nothing more than fools. The cacophony of wails that will lull me to sleep for many nights to come. It's a day I'll remember for the rest of my life, as will everyone else who grew up playing Banjo’s games on the N64.

Now that our character is in, the only remaining job is to secure a future in which Steve never does.

Attached: 1558507255234.png (192x192, 49K)

25 bucks is all it takes.

Attached: Screen_Shot_2018_11_01_at_10.47.18_AM__2_.0.jpg (1200x800, 364K)

>Not typically
So one owned by Microsoft or one associated with PC gaming?
Banjo and Doomguy confirmed

Smash is for adults, Ezio is gonna be announced at E3

Attached: this kills the rosterfag.png (1147x756, 1.49M)

another member of nintendo staff also said the newcomers would be surprising picks 'for the fans'
we can't discount what nintendo says but a healthy grain of salt is a good idea

Yes, surprising for the fans because the characters aren't gonna be a part of the ballot circlejerk cringefest.

OK.

surprising picks for the fans makes me think that they're implying fan-geared picks. if it was surprising picks TO the fans, that'd be a different story.
the meaning of that has to be taken with salt, though. all of this does. we don't know shit about what's going to happen

Because Joker was geared towards the fans, right? How high did Persona characters land on the popularity polls again?

Yes, I responded to the post that asked who we wanted. Do you have a problem with that?

>Banjo and Doomguy confirmed
>Two western characters that don't actually speak english

>Claims to be a Terry fan and doesn't get the reference.

GET SERIOUS.

Attached: Random-image-random-36261321-361-506.png (361x506, 151K)

OP's a bitch

>Most successful game in the world, multiple Nintendo releases
Steve is in
>Bethesda has been with Nintendo since before the Switch's release
Doomguy is in
>SNK making a resurgence with SamSho 2019 and multiple Switch releases
Nakoruru is in

Attached: dlc bullshit.png (800x600, 419K)

GREETINGS, PUNY EARTHLINGS OF Yea Forums! We have come to remind you that we are another day closer to Space Invader (yes, THE Space Invader) getting confirmed in Smash Ultimate! Make sure to save your mercy begging for the upcoming Fighter Pass when Space Invader invades the spotlight!

>b-but Steve is super-important to the gaming industry! He’s gotta be in! “NO.”

FEEBLE EARTHLING! Why would Nintendo choose a character who hasn't made as nearly as big of an impact than the Space Invaders have, and is nowhere near as recognizable and mainstream as them? Keep in mind that without Space Invaders, your little blockhead (as well as many, many other Smash staples) wouldn't likely even EXIST! And don't think you're safe, either, Banjolings. The DLC characters have also been confirmed to be “surprising” according to the developers, so we're afraid your "popularity" wanks for Steve and Banjo are going to be obliterated with the reveal of one of the most influential and recognizable video game enemies of all time! RESISTANCE IS FUTILE, EARTHLINGS. YOUR TEARS ONLY STRENGTHEN US.

Attached: tom-carruthers-invaders-blankztools-cu01smaller.jpg (935x633, 158K)

Therefore they don't need to be localised with JP voice actors, etc.

There is no way an SNK character that isn't Terry or Kyo would be in

Would they look pixel-y or more like this if they got in?

Attached: Space Invaders.png (1000x610, 378K)

What does PC have to do with anything? Just a single Microsoft rep wouldn’t be typical

because they are the equivalent of whales in gachas, they´ll buy EVERYTHING realated to X

Not just relevant, but more popular than Doom.

I could see something similar to that being their design, would decently retain the iconic look while not being a nightmare for the model animators.

exactly, which is my point. people thought they'd be fan picks and then joker showed up
take. everything. with. grains. of. salt.

Doom is one of the games that cemented PC as a platform through the shareware model?

I can see the general MS content being more substantial than the Persona content since we can argue that the Sonic/Sega content that came with it is already in the game (Sonic and Bayonetta spirits, hence the Sonic Mii costumes.)

Whichever of the 3 get it, be it Chief, Banjo or Steve, I believe the others will be Mii Costumes and/or Spirits, with other spirits from Rareware titles, etc. being included.

Nakoruru is more popular than Kyo

> banjofags always on the offensive cause they are insecure about their stupid little bear not getting in

Well it is metal so I can see what you mean but the music is different and his armor changes in the new one, any other complaints?

I mean to be fair, when you've had as violent shitposting against you as they have. It would give quite the persecution complex.

It's why I'm not vocal about unironically wanting Fortnite content over MC content

there has been a minecraft port on every nintendo console since the 3ds. there's also those tweets between nintendo and microsoft. he's never getting in.

basèe

>characters closely associated with Nintendo will not be picked.
Ain't Minecraft super associated with Nintendo right now?

Year of the Pig. Pokey.

>1st parties
What about Dragalia Lost? It seems to be the only other 1st party left.

>Erdrick

What moveset potential does frisk have other than swinging a knife

>investors meeting are comparable to job interviews

the state of Yea Forums

GIMME KOS-MOS OR GIVE ME DEATH

Attached: KOS-MOS_render.png (1120x1280, 734K)

The Mii was just a representation of her drawing

you mean street fighter dumbass. sakuari was a known sf2 tourney fag.

>with all of the iseaki fad
I can see him

>the closest thing to fire emblem without actually being it
GREAT, why'd you make that game Nintendo, now sakurai is gonna add him...

Attached: DL.png (1000x563, 442K)

>5 characters in a year
>we're almost half way through the year and they got 1 done

Attached: 1530772641750.jpg (419x440, 45K)

they're saving first/second party additions for the second fighters pass

With those standards no new character would be unique.

watch the vid

>Nowhere near halfway
>DLC season started in April

You think that's gonna stop them from throwing in a gen 8 Pokemon starter to shill? Laughable.

The idea of creating a fighter with simple inputs and easy to pick was because he felt remorse in beating a couple in KoF 95

Lucario has the option to not attack a single time yet as he is beat up his attack power increases. Frisk isn't unique so deconfirmed.

>starts when the first one comes out and not when it goes on sale

thats stupid

Right, if we include Plant in the DLC season, which came out 2 months after release, April after that. June means an E3 launch. Late August/September for the usual September direct. November/Early December for the game's anniversary and then Feb 2020 for DLC5 puts them as roughly bimonthly.

That's not the same thing you fucking moron. And you sure as hell took your sweet time just to respond.