I know the location hasn’t been announced yet...

I know the location hasn’t been announced yet, but I’m 99% sure it’s going to be in Hammerfell and I’m already bummed about it and expecting the disappointment. It’s the most boring region left in my opinion. My hype for the game is already kind of low because of it

Attached: 017DF084-2D56-45F0-93F8-5AD5D91B59FA.jpg (1070x602, 84K)

You know its bethesda. You expect boring, you get even more boring than you expected. See Cyrodiil, how they turned it into generic european fantasy land.

Your hype is still too high. Kill it for your own sake. This game will have even less features than Skyrim and Fallout 4, have all their bugs and will still be using the old engine.

Hammerfell seems way more interesting than High Rock to me. Fuck Bretons.

But the really interesting locations - Black March, Summerset, Elsweyr - are still left.

It'll be co-op Skyrim with less features but instead of tundra, it's in a desert.

Hammerfell is the most diverse landscape in Tamriel. Desert, lush oasis' around the edges, grasslands, mountains, all rolled into one.

There's always a tiny chance they will also include High Rock, if they do you can add western europe onto the list as well. (although this wont be anything new thanks to the Cyrodiil retcon)

Attached: 1410188706588.jpg (4440x2401, 1.24M)

The game is almost 100% certainly both High Rock and Hammerfell

yes but this is bethesda

it will be desert, desert, and more desert

Sounds like there's lots of room for building shanty settlements, people need more homes user :^)

Attached: Map_HF_Ingame_Th.jpg (450x330, 161K)

It could be worse, you could have the game set in Atmora because Todd is too lazy to do anything but Skyrim 2. Or it could be the Summerset Isles, which would magically turn into a generic elven fantasyland.

it will be wakandesque

That doesn't make any sense. Skyrim had tons of different areas despite books saying that it's all frozen wasteland

The trailer didn't seem that desert-like to me.

>But the really interesting locations - Black March, Summerset, Elsweyr
Those locations are too interesting, I doubt Bethesda would use them for VI because they would be seen as too weird. But here’s hoping. A game set in Elsweyr, Black March, Sunmerset or Valenwood would be amazing. But I already know it’s not going to happen

So it’s basically going to be the same thing as Daggerfall? That sounds insanely boring. I know most modern TES fans didn’t really play it but the game covered High Rock and Hammerfell.

Literally nobody cares about Dagerfall. The game was a blank slate "open world" game, it could've just aswell been meant to be set in Cyrodiil or Valenwood, wouldn't have mattered in the slightest.

Hammerfell isn't actually that boring. There's a lot of potential variation there. Rocky mountainous areas in the north, grasslands along the coast, island communities, the vast desert, along with oases and such. And there's also Orsinium situated in the rocky area at the Hammerfell/High Rock border. Plus you have a potentially interesting premise, with Hammerfell having revolted against the Empire and also fighting back against the Thalmor jews directly.

Of course, all this only means that there's POTENTIAL for hammerfell to be an interesting location. But we're also dealing with Bethesda here, so you know they're going to end up doing something to completely fuck it up

This objectively wrong post again.

Daggerfall only covered a tiny bit of the north coast of hammerfell and a bit of southern High Rock.

Neither region has been done in full. Also daggerfall is so old and uses such a different world scale that there would be next to zero resembles to a modern game set in those regions.

Attached: 1366077-iliacbay.jpg (640x381, 219K)

Furry land is boring as hell. See ESO.

Still sounds pretty boring. Those aren’t terribly interesting biomes

Yeah, there's no way any of those will ever happen. And without someone like Michael Kirkbride around to write interesting and very alien lore to these unique settings like with Morrowind, there'd be no point.

But moreso the problem is with Bethesda's amateurish programming and their shit-tier game engine. With the way they currently make games, there's simply no way to properly do these areas justice. A place like Valenwood that should be an incredibly thick rain forest type of setting with lots of verticality with different layers of the world on the forest floor vs the canopy would just end up looking like the forest areas of skyrim or oblivion with some trees scattered here and there.

Daggerfall only took place in certain parts of those lands along the iliac bay.

Not sure what the fuck you want. There's plenty of geographic/climate variation in the location, and the arab theme of the redguards would be something more unique compared to the medieval european settings of the previous two games.

I’m surprised so few people want Valenwood. Magical forests and tree cities sounds so enchanting

Black Marsh is an AIDS land, not very suitable for video games.
Summerset and Esweyr are already in Online.

>"Hasn't been announced"
>Bethesda has been in a heated legal back and forth with some author because he won't let them use the name Redfall

Attached: 23412.gif (250x250, 812K)

In a perfect world, Valenwood would be what I want the most. It's just that I also know it's bethesda we're talking about, and they would end up giving us something absolutely fucking lackluster that doesn't live up to the expectations of such a fantastical setting. See

while it would provide beautiful scenery, it's not particularly unique. It's the most stereotypical "LOTR" elf land, we've seen done loads before

Attached: 1449408595475.jpg (2106x1685, 682K)

What the fuck kind of name is "redfall" supposed to be. Are they just mixing up Daggerfall, Hammerfell, and Redguard or something?

I can't wait to visit Verkath City with its 5 houses and a hut.

Because Morrowind had most of those biomes already with the grasslands and mountains regions and the Redoran areas felt quite desertey. There are a lot of games with mountains, grasslands and deserts and Hammerfell would be yet another low fantasy game.

The stuff about Black Marsh being AIDS land could be explained away. According to the lore, it used to be possible for non-argonians to traverse it without getting fucked up. Then some argonian created a plague in order to drive away outsiders. You could just come up with some sort of explanation that the plague eventually went away or a cure was discovered or something. This could them lead to a story premise revolving around how tons of immigrants from across tamriel are flocking to Black Marsh now that others are finally able to inhabit it, and it's become a sort of frontier territory.

It'll never happen, both because Bethesda's designers can't give the land proper justice, nor would they ever make a game that's beastfolk-centric, but there's still a way to justify it lore-wise, even with the marsh AIDS.

It had Tundra, snowy Tundra and a swamp. That's not "tons".

Honestly, what games have really magical forests and tree cities? The reason why I want it is because i feel it’s a fantasy ideal but it’s actually kind of rare to see. I want a game that kind of feels like a midsummer nights dream, going into pretty forests with fireflies and into elven tree homes and such.

The swampy area in Oblivion near Black Marsh is so cool and that’s just near the border. I would love a game in that region so much.

i hope so, i'd prefer high rock over hammerfell

Bethesda will close it' s studio before this game is even being worked on.

I know that nobody gives a shit about the Redguard game. But, I think it’s enough and we don’t need an entire TES game in Hammerfell. If you want Hammerfell I suggest playing Redguard and you might find a lot of what you’re looking for

Only issue I have with High Rock is that the province has a weird shape that doesn't really make for a good open world location, since it's a long narrow zigzag. Unless they pull a Daggerfall and also give us the northern portion of Hammerfell, including Orsinium and the locations on the southern end of the Iliac Bay.

it's pretty common in MMOs and older CRPGs, but obviously there's different limitations there as it's quite different to a first person TES style game.

Attached: 49042-1544892792-1278317892.jpg (1680x1050, 1.56M)

Oh please, that's like saying that ESO game includes locations from various areas of tamriel so there's no point having a full-fledged game in any of those provinces.

The Breton lore is surprisingly cool. With a lot of the feuding kingdoms and the Bretons are “quest-obsessed”. Also I think it would have some feel of renaissance mediaeval fantasy which sounds comfy.

the problem with High Rock is that it's the Western Europe of Tamriel... but they went and turned the Cyrodiil jungle into Western Europe with some roman architecture with the retcon in Oblivion.

They ruined some of the uniqueness of the Breton's homeland for a future game.

Attached: B7rBN.jpg (1200x5808, 653K)

I just don’t think any game has really captured a “tree city” in a truly satisfying way. Valenwood seems like the quintessential place for magic forests and tree homes that no game has really satisfied me for

I'd love to see it as well, but I can also understand others not really caring because it's not a particularly unique theme.

Attached: 1536490456624.jpg (1800x1029, 1.19M)