So we all agree the Blitzball is the worst FF mini game ever?

So we all agree the Blitzball is the worst FF mini game ever?

Attached: more like gayball haha.png (639x479, 504K)

>implying

Attached: 1533697024133.jpg (409x618, 58K)

it's the one I had the most fun with

Just like Triple Triad it's a decent time waster, people shit on FF minigames because le funny spoony memes but they're not that bad.

What's the fun part though? The movement sucks and you can't do anything on defense.

Yeah turned based controls for a sports that isn't turned based was very awkward for me.

It's fun at the beginning when there's an actual challenge but Jecht's shot is OP as fuck and once you level your team you win every single match

jecht shot makes it fun

I thought it was most annoying at the beginning because you basically lose every encounter and they're near impossible to avoid.

its fun building a team but the gameplay is either irritating RNG garbage or a boring 10-0

I really liked Blitzball. I got super into it. Learned all my teammates names and how they played and their character models to. Spend each game cheering them on and getting a feel and sort of personalities for each teammate based on how they played and how well they did developing a whole team dynamic full of interesting characters in my head, cheering on the team each game all the way to the championship and secret weapon.

The FF9 care game might just be the worst, I don't think I ever figured out the logic behind it.

if you like blitzball you'll like the captain tsubasa games on the NES since FFX pretty much ripped them off for blitzball

Attached: iu[1].jpg (806x418, 64K)

Attached: 1558396904231.jpg (640x480, 46K)

Loved it. Also the last Final Fantasy I have played so far.
Squenix really dropped the ball after X.

> Triple Triad
> dodging lightning
> speed square
> BASCH LIVES
There's so much worse than blitzball.

>Triple Triad
Are you actually retarded or did you just misspell Tetra Master?

Don't Listen to Ondore's Lies was just a fun little bit that added some flavor, and you only did it once. If anything the game needed more stuff like that.

It was fun to get Brother on your team and then use his speed to make the entire Ronso team chase you. It became stupidly easy to win every match with this guy.

No, card games are fundamentally shit

How about a game of pazaak good friend ?

Basically. It's stupidly involved for something so simple and unbalanced.

like fishing?

gwent is the best part of Witcher 3 you fucking pleb

Snowboarding in FF7 is the best mini game.

It's up there. I liked Tetra Master even less, myself. Which made me sad because I loved Triple Triad.

>score once with jecht shot
>hide behind own goalie
>win

Nope, only brainlets hate BB.

X-2 blitzball > X blitzball
fite me

Attached: 1519661921958.png (1280x789, 964K)

pretty surprising that the best final fantasy game with the best battle system has the worst minigame, but it's true

Give Blitzball Manager for FFXIV at once.

Attached: 1510694574326.jpg (777x759, 271K)

I think that's what makes it most disappointing, especially when it's meant to be a bigger part of the game and not just some throw away mini game.

Incorrect. The online fan version of Triple Triad called Triple Triad X was great. Decks from other Final Fantasies, point system and card shop. Played it with both friends and other onliners.

>play enough that team became broken as heck

I had fun with it desu

It was actually random which card wins in a fight, although having higher stats and a better attack type increased the chance of your card winning. Also your cards could level up the by using them, so by winning with the same card over and over can increase the card's stats

Basch Lives was way too short to call it a proper mini game, like the cat fight in FF7.

>still no triple triad for mobile in the year of our Lord 2019

the fuck???

>sack the entire Auroch lineup and replace them all with ridiculous statted Al Aheds
Wakka keeps trying to get the League to get them tested for performance enchancing drugs now that I'm winning.

Not even close
>Don't mind me, just the worst minigame in the history of vidya passing by

Attached: FFX_Chocobo_Racing_1.jpg (1920x1080, 1.6M)

>Turn based
>Blitzball
You never even fucking played it did you?

*dodges your path*

Attached: 29-onionknight_(33).jpg (640x480, 42K)

How did they managed to make every single minigame absolute garbage?
Don't even remind how annoying and grindy was the monster hunt

Attached: Butterfly hunt.jpg (1280x720, 87K)

I would say that butterfly catching or the cactuar search were worse. FFIX's Triple Triad sucks, too.

No needs a standalone title

Blitzball was quite ok by comparison, the OP is weird.

Attached: Cactuar_nation_14.jpg (1252x704, 93K)

It's not even the worst minigame in FFX
inb4 OP is some retard who got stuck on the only compulsory game, and didn't realise he's allowed to lose it.

It's not even the worst minigame in X.

Is this bait?

I find it so damn mind-boggling that they setup the introduction to Blitzball with a match that you *will* lose unless you have prior experience of cheese tactics. Wouldn’t it make more sense to give a soft intro with some practice match, so that the first impression of the game isn’t just
>what the fuck I’m supposed to do, oh wait I lost already

God, what a shitty way to present your garbage minigame to a first-timer.

Attached: 36131AD6-3759-4AD9-BB92-BE631798EC7B.jpg (1280x1631, 470K)

>Been playing through FFX recently
>Finally beat Penance earlier

I did look up the best way to beat it, though. Rikku's Mixes make that fight a lot easier.

i think i might be braindamaged
couldnt dodge the lightnings more than 10 times in a row but the chocobo racing took me like 30 mins to fully complete

I agree. I liked Blitzball Manager much more. I wish it were available before chapter 5, though. Chapter 3 or 4 would've been great.

Two possible reasons:
One, it's a sports anime/manga cliche to have the protagonists lose the big game.
Two, if the Aurochs were actually any GOOD, there'd be nothing to justify the whole "seek out new players and sign them up

This is all moot because as soon as you play Blitzball for real you're still cockblocked by the Al Bhed Psychs and their goddamn super goalie.

You can't even do anything half the time.

This and my autism made me quit the first time. Glad I picked it up years later again and 100% the game twice

I won my first time, so did my literally brain damaged brother.

Whats your excuse?

Based Nimrook getting infinite contract extensions

your brother is a tard lol

Someone set out to make the shittiest minigames possible.

Blitzball is the only one that's enjoyable once it gets going, but even then it has a really painful introduction.

>here's a one time chance to get a skill you need to win the tourney until the late game
>here's a tutorial for how to play
>now forget that, because it's time to fight some robots
>okay, now you have to do the tournament
>no, you can't save or practice first
>also everyone has better stats than you and your team is all Level 1

Are you high kid? Blitzball was fucking great

Trivia: Nimrook's early Block stat is SO HIGH for its level Teedus has to be near Level 30 AND using the Jecht Shot AND sitting inside the net AND hope the RNG gods smiled that day to not be shut out.

There was clearly more emphasis on blitzball than the butterfly catching thing, comparing the two is dumb.

I don’t even mind that they have setup a story match where you get whooped, it would just be nice if it weren’t literally the first match of blitzball you ever get to play. Add some match where Aurochs train against themselves/some jobbers first, then you would face the badass team next day, then it would feel like you at least knew what you’re supposed to do.

Players get exp if they manage to success in a action, so the fastest way you can git them gud is keeping passing the ball, then end with a jetch shot

Speaking of the Al Bhed Psyches, why did they tell Wakka they had Yuna instead of just taking her to Home? And why try to force the Aurochs to lose the match when they haven't won once in ten years?

I remember that there was an area to the bottom left where lightnings always strike with the same rhythm, like 5 seconds - strike - 3 seconds - strike. I'm not sure if that was the exact tempo but I recall dodging an insane amount of bolts because the intervals didn't change.

But FFX-2 is infinite distance away from being the best Final Fantasy game.

It was good!

I liked it just as much as I liked Paper Mario.

I love the battles of FFX-2 but dear christ do I hate playing it. Why does it ever have to open its mouth.

imagine not liking Sphere Break
t. not Toriyama

the chocobo balloon racing and lightning dodging are far worse minigames.

I want this lizard to destroy my boipussy

Blitzball is the best FF minigame not the worst. It’s like underwater RPG FIFA, where you can even find and contract players out in the world.

The FF9 card game was fun too.

Triple Triad is fun but the fact that you have to actively avoid the game spreading shitty rules makes it a chore

The music tho

>FIFA
Modern sports games are shit. They were at their best when they tried to be a little more arcade like and were actual GAMES.

Tecmo Bowl forever.

>He didn't cheese the mandatory Bliztball game by scoring the first point and then taking the ball and hiding behind your own goal for the rest of the game

I loved Blitzball. The obligatory matches aren't that interesting, but becoming the top ranked team is actually quite fun.

How do they breathe?

they don't, they hold their breath. The innings are only 5 minutes long

magic water or something, probably

FFX has a lot of trash.

the rest of the mini game

no, it's the best. with a little extra substance it could be a stand-alone game.

I wish they made it more challenging. After a while your players are just way better than all the other teams.

>it could be a stand-alone game.
it was

that pseudo-RTS minigame in FF7 was the worst.