Gears 5 comes out in September. Why aren't you hyped, Yea Forums?

Gears 5 comes out in September. Why aren't you hyped, Yea Forums?

Attached: gr5.webm (750x425, 2.75M)

resistance is better

Is there anyone in the world who still cares about this franchise?

no

me

Attached: 1516813579389.jpg (1200x900, 126K)

looks boring

RIP Borderlands 3, MHW Iceborne, and every game that comes out in September. This game is gonna blow them all out of the water.

Attached: 1558469809783.jpg (320x320, 10K)

damn. that per object motion blur looks smooth as fuck. only epics ue4 devs make proper use of it, which is pretty sad imo

Legacy characters treated like shit
Main character from last game pulled aside for "THIS IS ABOUT ME!" and his black friend.

Like i can get if the duo was Kate AND JD, but Kate and Del makes no fucking sense. It'd be like if Gears of War Judgement came out right after Gears 1

That said, i'm getting it but only used

Why not get it day one with gamepass?

Attached: medicalterminology.jpg (849x565, 203K)

>windows 10

Because it's her turn

What the fuck is she shooting at at 6 seconds?

Attached: genos seriously.png (523x317, 94K)

shill

Gears of Wars should get a tactical strategy spinoff, that'd be rad.

>shill
gamepass is literally $2 on resellers
why wait a year for a sale when you get it day one even cheaper

>make 1 great game
>make 5 bad games
wew lad here's hoping Gears Tactics doesn't shit the bed at least

i thought they killed the locusts in the first game

oh wait they did it in the second game

no wait they did it in the third game

Who are they fighting anymore?

You can add all the lighting, 12k resolution, RTX, and all the things that make a game look photo realistic, a sucky game is going to be sucky.

This gen sucks.

The things the locust were fighting?

They need some gimmick to not make it just Gears 4.5. The sailing thing looks neat, its just nothing but pretty visuals though. The melee weapon looks neat, but its probably not going to be indepth.

Unironically this.
GOW1 was great and super fun in mp, everything else was just shit, even worse when the devs completely missed what made the original mp so great and did a complete 180 in literally every next game.

Gears of soi

Melee really looks about as important as it did in 3 with the swords and the boomer mauls/shields

This is what happens when you lack focus and funnel uninspired developers into IPs for the sake of brand awareness alone

>first game was great and super fun
>the second game thats exactly like it is garbage shit!

Attached: mel think.png (421x389, 228K)

Nope, the second one was slower.
Being able to run Sanic fast and shotgun roll all over the place was nerfed in every other game.

2 has Horde, so once it took them a year to fix the awful online lag/netcode it was way better than the first game. Plus 5v5 was how Gears was meant to be played
Its the same, except guns now had stopping power so someone wanting to actually use a Lancer actually did something. Wall bouncing and shotgun fights was still what you did a significant portion of the time

Because that whole mediocre shit show ended with 3.
Gameplay was always fun though.

gears of war is unironically my favourite tps and i am fairly hyped for gears 5

what game is even that? these western 3rd person shooters are indistinguishable from each other jesus christ

I'm in the minority here that cares about the campaign mode and I think Gears of War 1 was the only game that nailed the feeling of barely holding onto what's left in a lost cause and being truely overwhelmed by an enemy force. Even the ridiculous enemies like the bersekers, kryll and corpsers were unnerving and tense as fuck to deal with. Then Gears 2 had you hijacking and riding a Brumak through the hollow and that was only the beginning of how retarded shit got

I don't know anything about this fucking franchise and I still can't get over how unsympathetic the lady is. ITS ABOUT HER, ITS HER TURN. What the fuck?

The fuck is this shit?
Why did someone spill Gears of War on my Dark Souls?

Attached: 1344191661260.gif (200x200, 823K)

Which is funny because the franchise already had a strong female character.
I also like how they fighting the notlocust AGAIN.

Not a bit.

because the gameplay of the first 4 was so mindnumbingly boring that I have no further interest in the series

The footage was obviously captured by a professional games journalist.

>cover shooter
I laugh

I never really like the Gears franchise but I still slogged through the first 3 because of my friend. I thought 4 was going to be a piece of shit so I held off on playing it for months until I got gamepass. And I have to say it's not that bad. Sure its cheesy and the story is not that good but the gameplay and visuals were enough to keep me going.

>Gears of I'M A STRONG INDEPENDENT WOMAN I DON'T NEED TO FOLLOW YOUR ORDERS 5

DOA just like 4.

Main character looks fucking annoying.

probably the worms on the ground