Say something nice about the last great wrestling game ever released

Say something nice about the last great wrestling game ever released.

Attached: svr2006.jpg (580x400, 187K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/wciqXlgiuZc
youtu.be/42st4nlW1Q4
youtu.be/1gzpVKaAmns
youtube.com/watch?v=8TiJnEGA0Ms
youtube.com/watch?v=puj9Jvvpvpc
youtube.com/watch?v=Q2rQTdioADU
youtube.com/watch?v=_0cUKGDACgY
youtube.com/watch?v=negpHBEs49Y
youtube.com/watch?v=4QLe_tAQ2Rs
youtu.be/vrfZO3z7R1I
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

But 2007 was a direct improvement in every way

symphony...

2008 is still great but it's too different mechanically to be considered a direct upgrade to 06. I'd even say 2011 is okay just not on the same level as 06-08.

IS THE CAT HALF DISEASE OR IS THE DISEASE HALF CAT
AND IS THE MAN HALF MACHINE OR IS THE MACHINE HALF MAN

Best career mode?

2007 is the peak of wrasslin vidya

A slight improvement over the last game doesn't make it a great game by default dummy. 2007 is a good wrestling game but it isn't great because it practically didn't innovate at all. It's just slightly improved. It doesn't stand out like 2006 did.
2008 was shit
Best career mode is Here Comes the Pain

The Symphony of Destruction 'remix' in SvR06 is hands down the worst song in the game and complete garbage in general
>replies with the best song in the game
Based

>Top tier
06, 07, HCTP, Day of Reckoning 1 and 2
>High tier
SYM, No Mercy, All Stars
>Decent tier
SVR, SD2, 11, 08, Wrestlemania 2000, Wrestlemania XIX, Warzone
>Low tier
Wrestlemania X8, WWE series, Raw 2
>Shit tier
Just Bring It, 2k series, Raw 1

Not getting into WCW, TNA or ECW games.

Here Comes The Pain is the best.

How was Batista's last match

Attached: the game.jpg (529x390, 54K)

>Just Bring It in Shit tier while trash like War Zone is in decent tier
Dude, no. And how is SD2 better than JBI when SD2 has that fuck awful season mode?

Fuck, why was 06's soundtrack so memorable despite being a complete fucking mess?
>CRUSH, CRUSH
>KILL, KILL
>DESTROOOOOOOOOOOOY

This is true, mostly because of how great and customizable the season mode is. If No Mercy had a season mode like that it would be hands down the best wrestling game with no competition.

Shit, that was a great fucking video game, especially with the super saiyan hair.

youtu.be/wciqXlgiuZc

youtu.be/42st4nlW1Q4

youtu.be/1gzpVKaAmns

Attached: maxresdefault (5).jpg (1280x720, 90K)

There's like 3 songs I actually like, most of the songs in that game are totally mediocre and I only remember them because I played 06 for hundreds of hours with the sound on. 07 has overall a better soundtrack, though I think SvR might have the best one overall.
youtube.com/watch?v=8TiJnEGA0Ms
youtube.com/watch?v=puj9Jvvpvpc
youtube.com/watch?v=Q2rQTdioADU

2008 is way too slow

THIS GUY IS A BULLDOZER
WITH A WRECKING BALL ATTACHED
youtube.com/watch?v=_0cUKGDACgY

>that part in Unretrofied where it becomes so quiet you think the song is over
>
>IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII'LL JUST FAKE IT IN THE EEEEEEEEEEEEND

Attached: 1541177693938.png (124x251, 11K)

That's in NFL Street 3 as well. So fucking bad, especially compared to the Street 2 soundtrack.

BET YALL DIDNT KNOW I HAD A FAKE ARM

I liked it better in Day of Reckoning, personally
>Playing Raw story mode
>Final match with H at Wrestlemania
>Buttrock riff kicks in
>EVERYTHING'S FALLING APART
Fucking kino

Hearing
>EVERYTHING'S FALLING APART
makes me want to start breaking shit

I just don't understand why they can't put the manager mode back in there. I get that you have to hire writers to make a decent story mode but the GM mode is so simply yet so much fun.

>Warzone moves down two tiers
>No Mercy, WWE '13, All Stars move up one tier
>WM2000, XIX, & SVR could probably move up one tier, but they're fine I guess

I GOT MONEY IN THE BANK

ASK HIs WOMAN
SHE GET MORE PIPE FROM THE PLUMBER THAN IN BED
I'M THE CHAMP

Why all the hate for Warzone? It's not the best game but it's definitely not on the same level of shit as Raw and Raw 2.

Guess they just got bored with it and couldn't think of ways to make it better. Maybe they gave up after it was turned into absolute shit in 08
>three brands in a game that already has a smaller roster than the last game (???)
>can't overstate how stupid the three brands thing was since EVERY BRAND permanently has less workers than you need to properly run your show unless you have all of the Legends unlocked (which is a pain in the ass in this game by the by)
>ECW has one fucking title so if you play ECW and don't just turn morale off, your guys will constantly be whining for title opportunities and it'll be nigh impossible to book
>you can literally just break the mode entirely by having your guys sign autographs every day the show isn't running, this gives them 5-8 popularity immediately with 0 downside and in two months every single guy on your show has 100 popularity
>can't have season mode and GM mode file the same time for no fucking reason
Maybe after this debacle they just decided they were done trying to upkeep the mode. Which is a real shame because it's one of my favorite parts of 06 and 07 (even if 06 basically requires you to write down stuff like your rivalries to keep them straight since you can't easily check them during the booking like 07, 07 had a lot of good QoL improvements in general)

Weird that men can't wrestle women in newer games. Yet there was no problem in more 'problematic' times. Wouldn't SJWs want mixed wrestling?

War Zone isn't even as good as Attitude and Attitude sucks.

>that story path where somebody runs of Teddy Long with a car
Playa hate-a

It's more likely that the devs of the newer games are just lazy as fuck since they keep taking out a bunch of features. Thankfully Yukes has a new wrestling game IP in the works to compete with the WWE series.

>add Hogan '80s to the free agents to spice up show roster
>computer buys him before I can

Attached: 1558563731656.jpg (326x326, 16K)

THE HULKSTER ONLY LOOKS OUT FOR NUMERO UNO, BROTHER

It was definitely done for political correctness reasons, think it started around the time WWE went PG. In mixed tag matches if you hit a woman you get disqualified (although that is an actual match rule so maybe that's not the best example). What's this new IP?

And DoR1&2 aren't the same level of top-tier as No Mercy and SvR 07, but they belong in the same tier regardless

Attached: hollaholla.gif (600x338, 3.94M)

YOU KNOW THE THING IS DUDE HULK HOOGAN GOTTA LOOK OUT FOR NUMERO UNO MAN AND DUDE I-I-I-I SEE THE THING HERE IS DUDE, BISCHOFF MADE ME AN OFFER A-A-AND YOU KNOW, I CAN'T JUST.... brother.

That's an actual match rule, they changed that around the time they were trying to become more sim like. Nobody knows anything about the new game yet.

FIREFLY
COULD YOU SHINE YOUR LIGHT?
negpHBEs49Y

no news on what the IP is but yukes say it's supposed to be a direct competitor to 2k.

>negpHBEs49Y
FUCK YOU FIREFLY
youtube.com/watch?v=negpHBEs49Y

I'm hoping Yuke's is just making the new games shit because they just follow WWE/2K's orders on how they want the new games made. This is fantasy booking here but if the new game was basically HCTP it would be pretty fucking sick. I really hope they don't just make an alternate skin for WWE 2K20 and sell that as the new IP.
Based AKI can't save us anymore because they stopped making wrestling games decades ago and now make Style Savvy games under the name Syn Sophia

>FUCK YOU FIREFLY
Based

At bare minimum I think it's likely that it will be a more arcade type game since the 2K series are based on match sims.

>watch current WWE
>crowd is having a decent time for most of it, picks up at times like when the most over guy is around
>watch 1999 WWF
>IF YA SMELL hits
>MONSTER POP
>The Rock comes out
>ROCKY ROCKY ROCKY ROCKY
>play along with every single catchphrase and pop whenever Rock does anything
>every single person in the audience seems invested
What went wrong? Is it just simple as "there's nobody on Rock's level anymore"?

You're comparing WWE at its commercial peak to WWE during a relatively mediocre year. They don't even use pyrotechnics anymore because it's too expensive. Guess all that McMahon money ran out.

I'd bring Raw 2 up to Decent Tier maybe even high tier. What a jank game but I love it to death, no other game can a woman accidentally be in a triple threat for the WWE title, win the title and it becomes the Womens Championship for 2 straight seasons till a male wrestler ends up in a womens match by random chance.

The rest of the campaign is glorious jank, once you get used to it its kinda like a sandbox with all the things you can do. The Create a Entrance was also a decade ahead of everything else, animations are set but you can choose to delay entrance music, set up to 2 fireworks that you can time to perfection, control every light in the arena.

Well, maybe, but even when WWF was doing badly, Stone Cold could provide pops bigger than anything nowadays. That's when they were getting their asses kicked by the nWo, nowadays they're on top of the world with 50% of the world's wrestling talent under contract and they can't get half that.

WWE mutes the crowed a lot, not that it doesn't go dead as fuck at times, but there are some shameful moments when where they are lowering the volume for huge pops that aren't the pushed guy. The crowd has gotten worse overtime, to the point where it can actively ruin a show.

WHO KEEP THEY GUN BANG BANGIN HA HA
HA
HA
IT'S BUMPY BABY

>Why all the hate for Warzone
>button combo moves

Attached: 1518655966076.jpg (640x785, 77K)

I GOT MONEY IN THE BANK (yeh)
SHORTY WHAT YOU DRINK

There's a lot wrong with this list but first of all you need to just flip flop top tier and high tier.

>best botch of all time
>vince fails to capitalize on it
what were they thinking?
youtube.com/watch?v=4QLe_tAQ2Rs

>Wouldn't SJWs want mixed wrestling?

No. SJWs are obviously against man on woman violence... unless that man identifies as a woman, then it's celebrated.

Attached: 1548382427187.jpg (750x740, 147K)

Are No Mercy fags the Meleefags of wrestling games?
>Clinging to an old, outdated, early 2000s relic that has been improved upon numerous times
All of the Gamecube games are better than No Mercy. Go back and play No Mercy and you'll find that it's janky, clunky and not very satisfying to play. Now go play Day of Reckoning and see how fast and crisp everything is.

LET'S START A RIOT
A RIOT
LET'S START A RIOT

No Mercy fags are a more vocal Smash 64 crowd. HCTP is the Meleefags of the wrestling universe.

Best song comin' thru
youtu.be/vrfZO3z7R1I

>God Tier
Here Comes the Pain
>High Tier
SvR06, SvR07, No Mercy
>Great Tier
SYM, SvR, WWE '13, WM2000, WCW/nWo Revenge
>Decent tier
JBI, SD2, WCW/nWo World Tour, WMXIX, most of the 2K games, WMX8
>Bad tier
WWF Attitude, SvR08
>Shit tier
WWF War Zone

The games I didn't list I haven't played enough of

I can't take anyone who says No Mercy is bad seriously

I'M ADDICTED TO SPEED BUT NOT THE DRUG

The gameplay is worse by a slim margin, but the roster and era are much better. I even think it's more visually appealing but that's not a popular opinion I'm sure.

No Mercy unironically has the best gameplay flow of any wrestling game. It does the best job of actually simulating a wrestling match I've seen in a game. Plus you can do stuff like make your opponent kick out of a pin when otherwise they'd surely lose which helps make them feel even more like real matches. In current games you can stop your pin, but it's just you stopping or cockily getting up, there's no way to make it so your opponent kicks out. You can use this to make matches that look and flow like a real well worked wrestling match. The mechanics as a whole are great for this. Sure, it's easier and quicker to play stuff like SvR06 but even with the realism turned up the match still seems more like video game version of wrestling match than a pure simulation/recreation of a wrestling match. That's what makes No Mercy and its series special.

2007 > 2006
>SO WHAT IF YOU CAN SEE, THE DARKER SIDE OF ME

Attached: 2139899-box_wwesdraw07.jpg (801x960, 119K)

man i played 07 through 09 in middle school and the playlist from those games is what got me into hard rock/metal

I sank so many hours into this game, it was glorious.
Also who did you like to play as?
HHH, Edge and Taker were my men.

>not creating your own edgy OC with the best moves and exclusively playing as them

Of course I had my OC for the career mode and lots of matches, but when I played with friends or my brother we liked to play as actual wrestlers we liked.

fpbp

>E drones
>AEWtists

Attached: kemonitom.jpg (480x480, 30K)

I grew playing 09 and 10, were they that bad?

Attached: 1556506865382.png (395x474, 25K)

Why will they never release a No Mercy style game with HD graphics and 60FPS? I don't have the autism for Fire Pro

>be me in 2006, 11 about to turn 12
>spending summer at my dad's
>nothing to do all summer but play SvR06 and eagerly anticipate watching Raw every Monday
>think the shitty reboot version of DX with Haitch and Shawn was the coolest shit and always cheer for them, deeply disappointed that nothing DX-related is in SvR06
>like Cena a lot but feel like I shouldn't like him and so only cheer for him when my dad isn't around
>spend hours running back and forth from the computer to the controller to copy someone's CAW off the internet
>first time I was ever truly into wrestling and even though 2006 was a lame year overall for the company I was totally invested and loved it
>tfw now imagining how much I would have loved being born about 5 years earlier and experiencing the Attitude Era

Attached: jqpIP97.jpg (492x349, 18K)

Did anyone ever play the DS games of 08, 09 and 10?

No, but I remember a time when I seriously considered buying the PSP version of 2010 since I didn't own a 'next gen' console at the time and I wasn't sure if it would be a significant step down from the PS2 version. Plus, I'd be able to play it wherever I went. In retrospect, I'm glad I went with the PS2 version. AFAIK the DS versions were total shit until the last one which was mediocre, then they just gave up. The 3DS had 1 (one) WWE game in All Stars and I've never played it.

>the last great wrestling game ever released

That sure is a funny looking image of SvR 2007, user.

yeah 08 and 09 were touch screen shit but 10 finally used buttons.
I was a poorfag back then and really wanted to play a "real" SvR game, so then I got a Wii and finally got 2011. Played the shit out of that game
and also made a bunch of female wrestlers that I fapped to

see >A slight improvement over the last game doesn't make it a great game by default dummy. 2007 is a good wrestling game but it isn't great because it practically didn't innovate at all. It's just slightly improved. It doesn't stand out like 2006 did.
While 2007 is above the quality of 2006 it didn't innovate and as such I consider it basically an upgrade to 2006 rather than its own standalone great game. Does this make any sense? Maybe I'm getting too autistic, here. It's like, I don't know, the difference between Pokemon Red and Blue and Pokemon Yellow. Yellow is technically better but it's just an upgrade of Red and Blue. I don't know man I'm just a dog

What's AEW?

>get WWE '13 at random in 2015 when I'm in college and want stuff to do
>get into Universe Mode for the very first time
>create a bunch of fappable female CAWs to have them fight over the title
>make them to my specific fetishistic specifications

Attached: 1544138613609.jpg (207x203, 18K)

day of reckoning exists, you simp

Those games may have been inspired by No Mercy but they aren't the same thing, you simp. DoR2 is way more SvR than No Mercy

some money mark created this new promotion that "is going to kill WWE"

I just know that I had the most fun out of 2007 then any other wrestling game besides no mercy

In an alternate timeline, an Attitude Era of this game exist.

It's not fair bros!

Attached: Excellence.gif (500x382, 240K)

I didn't like this game anyway

Based
Cringe. Def Jam Vendetta was closer and it was bad.

I have.
'08 is utter trash because you need to use the touch screen for everything. '09 and '10 are much better because you can use regular buttons.

Stands tall
tall tall tall tall

I GOT A BULLET WITH A NAME ON IT

BULLET WITH A NAME

OHHHHHHHH
I'M WORKIN HARDER THAN A HUNDRED MULES DOWN IN MEXICO

I BROKE DOWN ON A JAPANESE STREET

Could the world handle Doink? Especially as a heel?

The last good WWE game was WWE 2K14. After that it went to shit, 2K14 was still good. Not as good as '13 but that's pretty much just due to the roster and arena selection.