Has a game ever come close to getting shooting done as perfect as it was in this?

Has a game ever come close to getting shooting done as perfect as it was in this?

Attached: 7A237E17-3396-4B4F-8C30-B5509794587F.jpg (323x433, 43K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=zEH_LSL4rVw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Gears 3/4 feel pretty nice. I really wish some dev would just combine every third person movement option into one game. Warframe kinda does that but has the burden of being an rpg.

Attached: shoot.jpg (539x720, 84K)

This game gets a lot of hate for the unskippable cutscenes, but I can't think of a third person shooter that was done better than this. I think MP3 is the pinnacle of third person shooting, just like how Sekiro is the pinnacle of souls combat.

Probably not

Attached: 1368145596598.jpg (1920x1080, 481K)

Finnish games master race

I agree.

I know this sounds cheesy but the game makes you truly feel like max. I love how unforgiving the game is if you camp out behind cover , enemies will just rush you and trap you so you constantly wanna be on the move

Why would it matter when 3 was soulless af

1 is still good and 2 is still better than 3

Sure gunplay is better in 3 but it's just as fine in 2 for me to not give a single fuck

hwo cares if the gameplay is better in a game

This.
The storytelling in 2 was lightning in a bottle; expecting it to happen twice is foolish at best, at worst, merely serves as the troll's argument that 3 didn't replicate the exceptional noir presentation of 2 when 3 didn't push for noir.

>Sure gunplay is better in 3
so you agree with OP that 1 and 2 had inferior gun-play with 3? Why'd you bother pointing out the rest? OP isn't trying to talk about which Max Payne is the best, just what games have good gun-play.

Attached: 1557816106033.png (1093x1077, 1.6M)

3 is still noir

>yfw it's airport level

Attached: Screenshot_2019-05-23-09-33-59-393_com.android.chrome.jpg (1033x894, 107K)

youtube.com/watch?v=zEH_LSL4rVw

Yes gunplay is objectively better in 3 but not by a lot, and bc the game is shit it doesn't even matter. Since 2 has better missions and story there is no reason to play 3 when the gunplay isn't that far off from 2

Why couldn't they replicate the gunplay in GTAV or RDR2? Max Payne 3 shooting should have become the Rockstar standard. Such wasted potential.

That moment towards the end when the music suddenly kicks in was fucking amazing

I think it boils down to laziness. The shooting in mp3 is so in depth and ahead of its time it had to take a shit load of time to perfect.

Which is possibly why it was delayed so many times

>Yes gunplay is objectively better in 3
everything after this statement is irrelevant to the discussion of what game has the best gunplay.

Except they did push noir for 3 and was a failure

>was a failure
Was a failure on it's own, or compared to 2?

I'd say both

The mechanically best TPS is legitimately RE6. I don't see how anons can shit on that game and praise MP3 because both have fuck terrible pacing and progression.

Uncharted 2

On what grounds?
3 definitely a strong John Woo aspect, and I don't think the gritty cutscenes made it "noir".

It was their shit attempt at noir with the cutscenes

I love how max has that out of shape dad bod but he is just so experienced in firefights and shooting, that his level of skill is at grandmaster sage level and he is just above everyone around him.

Like his dive and shoot looks flashy but that shit is an actual advance level skill. Nobody in their right mind just has that function where there brain just lets them dive forward and proceed to fall on their stomach on the ground

Attached: BCB333AA-B559-48EE-BE04-1FF465E0FE70.jpg (1024x625, 116K)

3 is like hollywood woo while 1/2 are hong kong woo. there is a stark difference between a better tomorrow and face/off even if theyre both directed by him.

>mfw I played through the whole game using my laptop's trackpad

>pinnacle of third person shooting
RE4

>tfw they couldve just copy pasted the shooting in MP3 into GTAV
>they didnt
fuck them

>What's "neo-noir"?

nice "approved" opinion faggot. RE4 is stiff as the day is long.

>old bald white guy spends a chapter and a half gunning down poor brown kids in their ramshackle homes
>absolutely none of it is pertinent to the story in the end
this will never not be hilarious. how did rockstar get away with it?

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 211K)

He eats painkillers like a madman, he's probably tripping and looks at everything out of his body like an outsider

>soulless
Shorthand for "I'm too stupid to tell you why I think it's bad"

Go fly a kite you faggot

I'd rather play a good game, like Max Payne 3 for example.
Whine about the story some more you zoomer fag.

Attached: 1550134323262.png (646x634, 350K)

Go do your lame favela missions faggot

Probably due to the fact that not one of those brown kids Max killed were innocent. All of them were criminals, and all of them shot first. Max was just trying to find Fabiana, the woman he'd been hired to protect.

the act of shooting, diving, and watching HUES disintegrate from your bullets is unmatched. they nailed the feel of everything.
the level design is actual dog shit though. the pistols in this game are laser accurate at any distance, headshots kill instantly, and bullet travel time gets CANCELLED if you click on a head. it lands instantly for some fucking reason, probably casuals, because that's Rockstar's audience.
the result is that killing a single enemy is so brainless and piss easy at any distance with any of the pistols or assault rifles that they have to compensate by turning every level into whack-a-mole with stupid numbers of brazillians popping up out of every nook and cranny like you're in a funhouse. I lost count of the amount of times you clear a big boring room only for another wave to rush in through another door. rinse and repeat.
they also stripped out any and all gameplay that isn't shooting. every interaction is now a mini-cutscene, max can't even open half the fucking doors without it taking away your control, and then magically locking the door behind you. jumping between window ledges is now a cutscene. escaping a burning building is now an on-rails segment. press X to cough. hold W to limp away.
that's not even touching on the retarded story or the fact that they didn't think anything through like where this poor street gang got their hands on 20-30 speed boats, manned by 40-50 people, all of which are wasted trying to kill two gringos. in the first game, the fact that enemies have access to heavier weapons is an established plot point with a shipment of guns being fought over by gangs. the gang in this story apparently don't even need to ransom the girl given the absurd fucking resources at their disposal.
it's fucking dumb is what I'm saying.

>This game gets a lot of hate for the unskippable cutscenes
But they are skippable. Everybody that semi-regularly plays the game is already using it.

I never played the older games but I love how the character max payne is done in this one. Its like hes finding and begging for ways to get himself killed but no amount of trying to overdose or getting killed in the line of fire will end him.

The grim reaper is torturing by just forcing him to continue to live.

>not one was innocent
You have no way to prove their guilt of anything
>all of them shot first
Some didn't even have guns, or only picked them up once the shooting started. Some of them even run away from you and you can still pop their skulls open like a can of peaches.
>max was just trying to find Fabiana
The first three or four groups of dudes you shoot are explicitly described after the fact as having nothing to do with Fabiana at all. You only get to Serrano's men at his compound at the end of the level.

I can, Max Payne and Max Payne 2

>This game gets a lot of hate for the unskippable cutscenes, but I can't think of a third person shooter that was done better than this. I think MP3 is the pinnacle of third person shooting
It's not even the best game in its own series

Attached: 1461050544825.jpg (960x1002, 288K)

>pic related
That's such a stupid fucking argument. The traditional TPS camera has your character's fat ass in the middle of the screen, and that can also block sight of enemies.

It also ignores the fact that you can switch the camera over to the other shoulder whenever you want.

Max Payne 2.

To be far, the shoulder switching is retarded in MP3. It's mounted to two seperate buttons on the D-Pad. Each button corresponding to a different shoulder.

They could have just mounted on L3 like every other game in existence.