So how will the games industry handle a future where no one can afford games?

So how will the games industry handle a future where no one can afford games?
Is this why theyre pushing the streaming meme?

Attached: middle class.png (461x451, 39K)

Maybe the 62% should've shaked hands harder like the other 38%.

Downsizing is likely.

I don't understand what you mean by streaming meme. Do you mean the dipshit idea of paying a monthly fee to play games via stream which is not really viable nor desirable at all, or do you mean people watching streams?

>USA Today

Attached: fake news.jpg (388x130, 19K)

that title makes no sense but milking 38% of the population

>Democrats
WE NEED MORE IMMIGRANTS ZO LOWER WHITE POPULATION

>Republicans
WE NEED MORE IMMIGRANTS TO LOWER WAGES

such democracy many choices

if streaming broadened the base of customers then renting games forever would be lucrative
this is what happened to the music industry
not a desirable state of affairs but they would like it

they actually both think that second one

Attached: 1516356482506.png (703x911, 19K)

Too bad it's a pipedream. Netflix and Spotify work because no one can tell if there's input lag. Video games come with a standard the other two can just walk around.

>So how will the games industry handle a future where no one can afford games?
Are you fucking retarded? The vast majority of people who currently buy games are already poor as fuck. It's escapism, no different to any other drug and junkies always find a way to pay for their fix.

The push to streaming is to simply stop people being able to steal that fix.

given a choice between being able to afford dental cleanings and causing 25 podcaster journalists to kill themselves in anger, i would sincerely choose the latter

Now the question is what are you spinless white goyim going to do about it ;^)

People already put up with massive input lag, terrible frame rates and awful resolutions on consoles.

Streaming will be no different.

Unironically unionize.
And I don't mean join a cucked corporate approved union but make your own.

Nothing, think of the optics
What if the media calls us racist?

games as a service model
then everyone can pay $5 subscription fees every month instead of buying games

I'd choose the former, because you don't need to ever concern yourself with actual retards. You never had to.

Attached: brunt smirk.jpg (705x530, 106K)

thats pretty much the defintion of middle class, if everyone could afford it it would be lower class

want to compare wais iii results anonymous

At least Democrats are pushing for fairer wages and trying to prepare for mass automation that will kill thousands of jobs. They leave a lot to be desired but the sentiment is there.

Meanwhile, most Republicans are too busy trying to give tax cuts to billionaires because they still believe in trickle down economics. Pure batshit insanity.

Maybe cost of living in some shitty ass big city. But living in the suburbs and commuting 40 minutes downtown works just fine for me.

>The push to streaming is to simply stop people being able to steal that fix
>steal
Lmao
Legit customers are even more hurt than pirates, streaming is designed to take monthly payments from you for a product that you don't even own.

yes get fired from your 3 dollar an hour after expenses uber job by forming a union i enjoy these stories

No? Definition of middle class is 33% can't afford it. Life 66% can't afford is upper class.

Spot on, can be said about all conservative and neo liberal parties around the globe.

>import millions of illegals into the u.s. to clean your toilet and depress wages for everything from taxis to meat processing
>pushing fairer wages
shut up brain slug

>payin customers get input lag and charged out the ass for shit experience
>pirates just download and get a lag free, literally free, superior gaming experience

lmao what now, corporate cucks?

Attached: 1453863198312.gif (266x200, 300K)

>because they still believe in trickle down economics.
For the record, it really did trickle down once for me. The same year Trump got elected I got a $300 Christmas bonus as did everyone else in the company including part timers, but it never happened again since then.

It's not a problem if you get even a large minority to join you.
I never said it was easy.

>pirating from a streaming service
Good luck with that champ.

POORFAGS RISE UP

Attached: 1532305219898.png (1200x970, 309K)

yes, basically most people arent middle class, but when you take race and all that into account, it is really bad to be like, an asian and be living in lower class. wont surprise me if most africans live poverty class though

Protip: democrats fight on behalf of illegal immigrants to keep wages low, not because they're humanitarians. Both parties are fucking you to keep money in the pockets of the rich, they just use different flavors of candy coating to get you to bite down.

user would you like to tell me what percentage of the private sector u.s.. workforce belongs to a union

>tfw you got your Masters proving how Ronald Reagan tangibly illegitimized the office of the Presidency beyond repair
Your Clintons, your Bushes, your Obamas and Trumps, they're all just symptoms enabled by a man who permanently poisoned the very concept of how the economy works for an entire political party, while also setting up scummy legal parameters to permit the president to commit high treason at will with almost no avenue to impeach.

Attached: Luke, did I ever tell you about Dex Jetster.gif (500x240, 1.98M)

Pirating netflix and mmos is already a thing. This would be no different.

No, that's why they're pushing the whale milking meme.

inversely, capital will strike if sanders even comes close to getting the nomination (he probably won't)

How the fuck do people even live in California with those shit wages? I make 21k a year in a poor as fuck state with low rent and I still can't make it alone and have to share an apartment with someone.

>At least Democrats are pushing for fairer wages and trying to prepare for mass automation that will kill thousands of jobs
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
1. "Fairer" wages is a bandaid on a gash.
>trying to prepare for mass automation
loving every laugh
These fuckers perpetuate shit labor as bad as repubs. Truly the most sinister enemy for the working class.

warehouse worker in kentucky not being a super wage slave working 60+ hours at amazon or UPS just to survive, can confirm

>tfw the middle of nowhere west is more cost effective for millennials to live in than the e*st coast

Attached: blushing_pepe.jpg (300x250, 26K)

>we need to increase wages
>also we need to import anybody who's more poor than us
I don't expect you to understand why that's retarded

So what exactly is the "cost of living"?

let me guess, it involves booze, cigarettes and smart phones

It's completely different you mong.

MMO's are servers and clients, both of which you can run locally.

Netflix streams media, which can easily be captured and stored locally.

Neither of that applies to streaming games.

just kill the poor

ahhh i am so glad my mommy and daddy are super duper rich, and I can enjoy the NEET lifestyle forever

Attached: 1481993722993.jpg (500x626, 109K)

Consider how fucking dumb is the average person. Thats the person who is better than 50% of the population
Those 62% of jobs are for the 62%, still around the retarded treshold
You just need to be a bit better than that to be qualified for a decent job
You arent a ordinary baboon, are you, Yea Forums?

There's only so many hands to shake and obviously not everyone can afford to shake some hands. The 38% isn't at a loss for hands to shake and cursing the meritocracy letting actually qualified people into a decent standard of living.

So we should all move to Hawaii?

>while also setting up scummy legal parameters to permit the president to commit high treason at will with almost no avenue to impeach.
What are you shitspewing about? You're not a Collusionbot are you?

Basically anything involving food and house payments, possibly college debt as well.

exactly, they still live with their parents or rent and live in so shitty places or share with their girlfriend or wife.
i still dont know how people can even get laid if its still seen as bad to be living with someone, room mates or otherwise

Attached: 1556518576314.jpg (768x1024, 228K)

Luckily this only applies to Americans so less games will be made with them in mind :)

Attached: rent free, obsessed, let me tell you about your country.jpg (217x232, 16K)

They live with family.
Cali is literally living in borrowed time, the way we operate is so broken and unsustainable its actually hilarious.
This will be the first place in America to collapse into anarchy where people are getting killed in the streets with total regularity

t. born and raised

>it's another thread where dropout neets argue of shit they know nothing about
Here's a tip for free: Most shit you read online dumb and has no basis in reality, stop believing shit you see on reddit,/pol/, or wherever the fuck else you go.

Could you explain further. I knew Reagan cucked the country but I dont know the full extent to it.

Shits expensive in Hawaii.

Local population is getting shifted out too, so cheaper local stuff is vanishing as well.

This post made me dizzy

Are you retarded? I outlined in my own fucking post I was talking about Reagan and all you can do is go
>M-muh Trump? Muh Trump! No collusion!
I'm not talking about you fucking muppet right now so stop having a spergout.

Making them less expensive and covering the cost with microtransactions probably

The bill doesn't matter, let's be honest here, it either won't go through or the publishers will find a loophole

>we'll raise the minimum wage!
>companies have to start charging more because they have to pay their employees more
>rent goes up because people need more money for
>companies slash jobs to save on minimum wage hikes too

Holy shit, I make this much with an English teacher meme job in Japan working until 3pm with basically 3 separate month long holidays a year. Plus I get to weeb it up in Japan.
Get your shit together America.

Yea Forums is minmaxed, either anti social NEETs or 6 figures motherfuckers with PhDs

poorfags mooch and cohabitate everywhere they live

they killed millions...

This is only a problem because America is a heavily consumerist culture that encourages people to love beyond their means.

>Your Clintons, your Bushes, your Obamas and Trumps
>durr I was only talking about le reagan!
What High Treason is that with no avenue to impeach is it you're talking about?

Literally none of what you said is true, brainlet.

Attached: fugg.gif (354x354, 21K)

Okay Carlin.

This. Even the liberal judges voted in favor of telling Apple and silicone valley to go fuck themselves. The only support from the right they got was based boofer Brett. Meanwhile Trump won't even sit down and talk about the crumbling infrastructure because dems are being mean to him.

The one two punch of boomers collapsing social security and flat wages driving the majority of the working class into brutal poverty is gonna be one hell of a show.

>Netflix streams media, which can easily be captured and stored locally.
Not what pirating Netflix is. That's just pirating shows on Netflix not pirating the service itself. Step up your pirating game user. You're going to need to soon.

What happens in 20 years when family passes on and you (and my country too even though it's half way across the world) have a large swathe of population with little to no assets and no homes of their own to live in is going to be very, very interesting.

t. 24 yo still live with parents making nigh over minimum wage and long hours, zero prospects of owning a house

We're not a country anymore we are a Jewish farm

ok retard

Hey you know what's cool? After the wiiU failed, Nintendo CEOs took a pay cut to make up for losses.

for baboons that work in the gig economy having a place to live is living beyond their means

Then be lower class and buy a console.

That's what I thought, leftist

Its simple, we kill the Batman.

Attached: the third world ends with you.jpg (964x640, 89K)

>Democrats are pushing for fairer wages and trying to prepare for mass automation that will kill thousands of jobs
Did we go back to the 1950's?
Is the world a good place again?