Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate

Is this worth getting on the switch? Can someone PLEASE comment on the quality of this game without talking about how it compares to world?

Attached: 220px-Monster_hunter_generations_cover_art.jpg (220x220, 26K)

Other urls found in this thread:

imgur.com/a/Rb8c2T9
youtube.com/watch?v=xOlPIHIe2rM
youtube.com/watch?v=GeLWikfKRMA
gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/210509-monster-hunter-generations-ultimate
youtu.be/kpHhPtESh3M?t=33
discord.gg/bjjnjmc
monsterhunter.fandom.com/wiki/MHGen:_Miscellaneous_Armor
mhgu.kiranico.com/weapon/45036
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Honestly, it's shit.
The ONLY REASON why this game has any following is because people want to be spiteful towards World, that's why you always see it brought up.
Before Wold was a thing, the original Gen was seen as a joke and people were literally insulted for even playing it.
The expanded re-release didn't fix the original, inherent issues with the game, instead what happened is that World came out so people started being much more forgiving towards it.

Forget all of it.
Get a N3DS, get MH4U, or MH3U.
Play an actual fucking good game.
Fuck all these idiots.

Attached: 346346.jpg (1600x800, 338K)

i like the hunter arts

Yes this game is worth every single penny
Fuck retards like this nigger Just trying to push the most casual console warrior game instead of the superior title.
Idon’t think I’ve ever put 500 hours into 1 game like this
There’s something entirely too fun about Aerial Switch axe or Alchemy Switch axe

Get it on sale before the 24th when the sale ends

Soloing the deviants is pretty fun, but the game is overall fairly easy. There is a lot of content in the game though so you can easily find yourself sinking tons of hours into it, at least I know I sunk plenty of time into MHXX before MHW came out.

Like said though, if you want a more traditional MH game, MH4U is a great game.

I hear rumors there will be another mh game for switch, i think im waiting for mh6 or something like that. If its coming Someday :(

24 this month ends sale? On eshop?

It's the best 4th generation MH game. I also think it's on sale so you might as well.

GU is pretty good. Unless you are one of those people that think the only way to play a game is to mimic the best players in the world and there is no other way to play, then styles is actually a pretty nice thing in the game. If you are anything like me, playing with the Pro controller is a huge bonus too.

4U faggots need to die. Your shit game introduced so much cancer such as monster mounting. Quit pretending 4U is decent let alone the best.

If you like anime games and casual action games then GenU is for you. If you want to play a real monster hunter game then you'll need to get 4U or 3U instead.

It's good but a bit crusty. Download the free demo and try to keep an open mind as it'll probably disgust you at first with how clunky it is. But if you persevere it's a game you can get a lot of longevity out of it.

>Get it on sale
Fuck I hope Nintendo never does away with physical... I bought the game for $10 LONG before it got its first digital sale and now you have to pay triple what I paid if you want to play a game that I already 100%...

shut the fuck up 4Uterus

>Your shit game introduced so much cancer such as monster mounting. Quit pretending 4U is decent let alone the best.
>GU is pretty good though, even though it expands upon and adds more shitty mechanics to MH.
You're literally a brainlet

>expands upon
How the fuck did it expand upon mounting? Also what shitty mechanics? Only brainlets hate styles. If anything, GU took the worst update in the series and made it a bit more bearable. That is why it is decent and not great. But of course the fact that you can't understand that is why you are an idiot.

what do you mean by clunky?

It's decent for what it is. New flagships are cool, except Gammoth. Styles are neat; you don't have to use them. Arts are okay; you also don't have to use them.
Play the endgame with other people if you value your sanity. Hypers, etc., are extremely unfun when solo. Some of the endgame Elders hit like freight trains on steroids as well. Oh, and you have to put up with some of the bullshit 4U maps and LEDGES. But that makes up a relatively small portion of the game overall.

Attached: 1444547806865.jpg (1200x1200, 214K)

Yes. It's for 29.99 right now on the eshop. I got it recently and I've been having a blast. Though I've enjoyed almost every mh title. Even mhz.

Attached: 1557826215133.png (2520x1798, 2.03M)

Just play World.
Low amount of high quality content > high amount of low quality content

>except Gammoth
Gammoth is comfy as fuck to fight with a hammer and his armor is nice. I would trash talk your tastes but you just had to go and post another awesome monster...

I played it on the 3ds and found it fun enough. Not the best MH game of the past but quite good.
However I got it on switch and I can't stand looking at it. 30fps with 3ds-quality models looks awful on a tv or monitor. I paid $30 for it and regret it still. I'm guessing it looks passable on handheld though.

>low amount of high quality content
>shittiest looking weapon designs and they are repeated 50 times per weapon type
>decent difficulty until trex then difficulty drops off the face of the earth
Where the fuck is the high quality content?

>his

Attached: 1429970521969.jpg (800x645, 82K)

It's not bad. It's a little bit between 4U and Frontier; you get a large roster of monsters, and there's a little bit of 'anime stupidity' the movesets, "Styles", "actions" etc, but it's fun. There's a lot of content; a very very long list of monsters, and the end-game is largely comprised of "Deviants", which are more or less aggressive reskins of existing flagships/big enemies with new moves and a couple scary mix-ups.

It's absolutely worth the price tag considering the volume of content, and naysayers are probably series puritans from 4U or 3 that feel like the anime adoptions from Frontiers are game-ruining; but they're not. Not unless you're a puritan of the franchise who will freak out because the game gave you more options and is a little less grounded.

It’s a publisher sale user
This is all Capcom

Have sex

>Play world
No underaged niggers allowed

Attached: 350386D7-85D2-4E2A-AE43-8756C26CE9EE.png (496x448, 16K)

>liking graphics on 3DS over switch on TV/monitor
This is about the most retarded thing I've ever heard. The 3DS screen is horrible and ANY 3D game looks like shit on it while it can actually look pretty damn nice emulated. Switch version is a noticeable improvement on a TV over the 3DS version.

The fuck?
Looks good to me everything go upscale to 1080p
Do your research before posting asshat

So I'm finishin mhgu, shoud I go for which title next? mhfu, 3u or 4u?

Unintuitive and sluggish. That goes away when you git gud. Not only character controls, but menus and everything else as well. I can almost guarantee that'll be most people's first impression. It certainly was mine.

Fell for the graphics whore meme.

Best MH game of the lot

Some of the worst pacing in a MH game with a bloat problem, because of what the intent behind the game went for. It has a lot of monsters which is good, but with how lackluster gear variety is at the top, many lack any real purpose other than in maybe mogtism. Styles and hunter arts are a novelty, the former is mostly gimmicky at best while the latter is a mixed bag of get-away-free cards and super moves that are either great or not worth taking in the slightest.

It's nice to have a lot of returning maps that aren't obsessed with the Y axis, and there's still some fun ideas underneath. At least a few of the monsters introduced in Gen/GU are in that middle bracket that often relies on returning monsters (ie Rathalos, Tigrex, Zinogre etc) to fill up.

Attached: garuga gal.png (449x647, 21K)

WORLD GOOD

Based and redpilled

Man world is soo gooooodd man. The only issue i have with it is that it ends. Imagine what will the next gen monhun game will be like? Thank god capcom left nintendo

Is the mp still alive?

hAhahaaahhaa

Cool, so no point in buying it thanks.

Don't make me post reams of active lobby search results. Don't make.

post em

Yeah, it's still alive, and relatively well. You still need Nintendo Online, however.

Attached: 1435168473143.jpg (1200x742, 305K)

>He listens so bing shills trying to shill their dead game

have fun paying for dead game :)

Attached: 1558099997858.png (746x600, 12K)

4U and 3U (on wiiu) if you can't live without multiplayer. FU if you're going lone huntah

Attached: rath1.png (900x660, 129K)

Attached: rath2.png (900x660, 158K)

Rathalos don't need no bitches.

Attached: 1536864584685.jpg (600x800, 54K)

Do female Seregios chase Rathalos like Steve chases Rathians?

Was just thinking of picking this up myself. Is it a good intro MonHun?

That's a hard question.

Attached: what the kut.png (259x273, 159K)

You can play the demo and see for yourself.

The start of GU is really messy and slow, but there are quests that can walk you through the basics and even each weapon + style combo to get acquainted with what each of them do. There's a ton of monsters as well. Other than that, if you just keep in mind that some mechanics like styles/arts/SnS oils are exclusive to it (or at least for the time being), you should be fine. If you start at GU and not World you'll probably find it easier to go back onto earlier games, too.

>10usd
and how did you manage to get it at that price? inb4 buying it from a friend

Not really? But that doesn't mean it's a bad game. It's a series tribute and a culmination of all the previous games before World "rebooted" the franchise. As such there are more monsters, locations, armor, and weapons than any other game in the series, and weapon styles just add more options for playing. I think FU/3U/4U/World offer better experiences for first time players, and depending on the type of person you are World's QoL improvements (which are enormous) may make it difficult to go back and play previous games. But GU is great, and if it's the only one you are considering playing you should go for it.

Only brainlets hate mounting and swimming. Styles and arts are cancer and don't belong in monhun.

That's not FU

Nonsense

user are you still in this thread? I honestly felt the same way. I was excited to buy it, but there was something about it that I didn't like at all.

What is it that makes it bad? I kind of hated that they got rid of the farm and the cat chefs.

Attached: 1558065060966.jpg (400x400, 14K)

You can play as cats in generations so it's automatically better.;

It's got a bloat problem, but it doesn't hold a candle to how god awful FU was with that.

3U will remain the king of a well rounded line up.

>Proceeds to get nerfed to the fucking ground so hard that maxed G-Rank cats in MHGU are weaker than high rank MHGen cats

Attached: kulve finds a dragonator.png (438x382, 109K)

Oh no, he's retarded.

What?

>The ONLY REASON why this game has any following is because people want to be spiteful towards World, that's why you always see it brought up.
Wrong, people talked about it before, but the fanbase was a lot smaller

>Before Wold was a thing, the original Gen was seen as a joke and people were literally insulted for even playing it.
Extremely wrong. People played Gen more than they played 4U. Hubs were lively for a long time after the release of the game

>The expanded re-release didn't fix the original, inherent issues with the game
Feel free to mention those issues so I can laugh even more at you

Bought it from someone on craigslist. You might say it is a matter of luck, but it is more reliable luck then depending on rare digital sales that are guaranteed to ALWAYS be more expensive than what you can buy something for physically... Ebay is another good way to save some money, and depending on where you live, pawn shops can be another great way to save money. Although it seems like pawn shops are getting increasingly greedy, but fuck I managed to get 16 GB Vita memory cards for like $8 a piece at one point.

None of the non-World MH are "good intro" MHs. They were never good for beginners. That's exactly why they had to repackage the entire thing and make it newb-friendly in World. And I've even heard the same complaints about World from newcomers! so you can imagine how bad the old games are if people have difficulty with a MH(World), a game Taylor-made to be welcoming.

I'm still having fun

Mounting in 4 was broken af and could be easily abused while solo. While in MP if you weren't the one mounting then you would have to sit and basically wait for the monster to fall over which is not fun at all. Gen fixed that by giving all players the ability to contribute to the mounting threshold. Swimming was okay at best but it needed to be fleshed out some more to actually be enjoyable.

imgur.com/a/Rb8c2T9

The devs lowered the stats of Prowlers and Palicoes between releases.

Don't think I don't know where that image is from.

Attached: 8344099e62b95d38e7f7926a022b8d482.jpg (976x785, 518K)

I didn't think FU was particularly bloated, but I'd definitely say the older games are especially more reliant on subspecies for content, and the farm controls a lot of the game's pacing. The quest count is fairly modest in G-Rank and it's divided up fairly well, GU meanwhile has a metric fuckton of quests which isn't necessarily a good thing.

Now that you mention 3U, it has no right in having so many cycling quests as it does, it's worse than 4U G3 in this regard.

I don't hate mounting as much as I hated how common it was and the fact that the whole entire map had to be turned into mountain climbing and jumping off annoying little steps scattered everywhere. I probably spend 10x as much time climbing damn mountains than I did FIGHTING god damn monsters... Swimming was a MUCH better mechanic, and it wasn't shoved down your throat 24/7. Hell, you can probably count on one hand how many monsters forced you to fight in the water and caedus or whatever his name is is probably one of my more favorite elder dragons.

quick 30 second search

Attached: activeMHGUhubs23May'19.png (500x3783, 3.39M)

Not exactly difficult when there isn't that many good pictures to begin with.

Attached: Du81ylUUYAEpwzm.jpg (1500x2122, 481K)

Fucking delete this

Yes, it's worth getting. Pretty much a "series best" of all previous MH games.

*ahem*
FUCK GAJALAKAS

Attached: m8FzIM9GLi76qWTkOcB57Vl-4_JPYIGcmMJvpYCnoWs2.jpg (791x600, 258K)

It was the king of bloated games with monsters where subspecies were just
>Recolor
>Status or elemental change
>One new attack
At least 3U managed to really change up how subspecies operated. like completely inverting Agnaktor's mechanical with Glacial Agnaktor.

The fact that people who defend FU use the giant, bloated roster as it's greatest strength is what makes it a complete joke. That lie might have worked in gen 3 when newcomes didn't know what the older monsters were like, but that was completely exposed in gen 4 when you had a bunch of them come back and they all sucked compared to later ones because unlike the Raths and Diablos, they were not reworked from the ground up.

Doesn't include locked, active question or full lobbies.

>Dude play essentially the same game but in 240p instead lmao

Stop. GU is perfectly fine for a first timer.

>Spam boomerangs non stop
>Highly damaging Mega Boomerang when the monster is incapacitated or recovering
>Melee weakspots for a ranged weapon
>Gauge fills incredibly fast
>True Health Horn support for everyone with instant SP mode
>Safe as fuck
>Satisfying as fuck
>Fun as fuck
>Hunt times stay the same
>Makes TAutists mad
What's not to love?

It's fantastic. Hundreds of hours of content without exaggeration, highly active online community, tons of different weapons to try from swords to transformable axes, glaives with insect companions, bows, heavy bowguns, and even playable battle cats. Over 100 monsters, a constant ramping difficulty and almost endless customisation.

I didn't include the ones out on mission either, these searches were all ones waiting in lobby. Easily one of the most active multiplayer games on NS.

It's every fucking Monster Hunter game before World combined, i'd pay double the price if that were my only option. Worth every penny 10 fold

I prefer to smack things with a testicle on a stick.

Attached: i love me some frogs.png (243x141, 4K)

It just means you can easily start a turns or crown lobby.

Probably the best fashion hunter game I can think of thanks to Transmog.

oh and you fight a monster that looks like it belong in an ace combat game

Attached: 1400084863723.jpg (594x395, 88K)

Its fucking great, if you're a fan old old MH its like a love letter to the series.

I bought a switch PURELY to get MHGU.

Literally the only thing I dislike about it is hyper monsters and deviants just having insanely bloated attack and HP values. Makes fighting them unfun to me. Especially annoying as they lock some of the best armour and weapons behind them.

I know, I know, git gud, but i solo'd all the way to the end of G rank and I just CAN'T deal with a G4 hyper monster's inflated HP pool and damage. Shit, even G3 hyper is pretty hard.

Gammoth is absolute shit for blademasters and a complete joke for gunners

Mizutsune in a box!

Attached: Mizutsune in a box!.png (800x600, 408K)

Does the 3DS version still have an online playerbase?

GRONK

Think so? XX players can technically invoke something that can get them onto GU Switch servers, albeit not without caveats.

Care to elaborate? I don't know if you are talking about difficulty, fun, its armor, or what.

>inb4 user blankly says "all of the above" without actually explaining his opinion on a single damn thing...
Please don't be that user...

A lot of things were easily abused in monster hunter.
Doesn't make them bad.

Not even the guy who you started this debate with.
Stay mad if you can't start your own room.

No, you're right. Hyper monsters are the worst. They're just inflated numbers. Apex had a (admittedly poor) gimmick to it at least. Hyper monsters are meant to be smacked by four hunters. They're actually good in that regard, because normal hunts with four decked-out hunters is pretty silly. Hypers have the potential to last a minute or two longer and have some actual danger to them. But solo they're horseshit, I totally agree.

Attached: lagiacrus box.jpg (737x646, 134K)

I don't know what it is about MH, but I've never been able to get into it, and have always wanted to. I'm not sure why. A lot of it feels slow, but I get that's a deliberate choice for the game feel, and attacks feel very weighty which is really nice, but I can never get more than 10 hours into a Monster Hunter game before I just get bored. What's the secret? Am I missing something? Is there any hope of me ever getting into this stuff?

Attached: 1547222607238.jpg (400x400, 30K)

>People played Gen more than they played 4U. Hubs were lively for a long time after the release of the game
Lies. Gen online was barren two weeks after release on 3ds. And i could still find a good room in 4U a year ago.

>spend 95% of a match wailing on its claws for the drop
>it dies without broken claws
Why does my favorite looking monster to date have to bring me so much pain?

Snarf in a box!

Attached: Snarf in a box!.jpg (512x384, 26K)

Try thunder.

Attached: tumblr_inline_ox8x6uOIRp1r58de8_1280.png (800x600, 478K)

No it's not.
I don't hate GU but it's like saying that tekken tag is perfect for tekken beginners. It's simply not true.

Which ones have you tried, user? I reccomend 4U or World for beginners. The older titles definitely feel aged and intimidating at times.

Have you tried elemental bowgunning?

A bit of patience. Find weapons you like using, and maybe swap them around every now and then.

Attached: 63718989_p10.jpg (1487x1266, 756K)

play with friends.

Barioth in a box! I hope he comes back.

Attached: Barioth in a box!.png (800x600, 368K)

>Gen online was barren two weeks after release on 3ds
I know this is the internet and we all like to spew bullshit because it is hard to be proven wrong, but this is just silly user.

Attached: snow nargacuga ponders on why he's not in iceborne.png (286x334, 202K)

3DS generations is still active today.

I started with MH3U then eventually played MH4U but didn't get very far with the latter because I couldn't stand controlling the camera with a touch screen.

>Wanna play with friends
>None of my friends actually play MH
True suffering.

I literally bought it back then and tried playing online and found like two rooms. Why would i even lie? I said i don't hate GU. I'm talking about original generations on 3ds.

While world is pretty fun, its quite lacking when it comes to the amount of content. Gen is packed full of shit too do. Follow your dreams OP!

Attached: 1536869226169.png (166x166, 14K)

I would recommend 3U still, as well. Playing it again recently. Feels great still and Gunlance is fun as hell in the water.

I hope this guy doesn't, but I know he will.

Attached: tumblr_inline_p07jczU5jV1r58de8_1280.png (800x600, 355K)

Fpbp
Hunter arts ruined everything. People shit on temporal mantles but GU has absolute dodges x3

Never liked bowguns. Weapons I use are SnS, GS, Hammer, Lance, HH (rarely), and Bow.

I wish I could play this game, but convincing my normie friends to buy this game didn't work, and my old MH all went to world. Who wants to help me farm dreadqueen?

If you play without them monsters die about as quickly as 4U and the game feels way more balanced. Just play with friends and stick to guild style. I have almost 200h in GU with friends and it's all been with guild SNS.

The monster design in GU turns me off.
That green glass looking lightning thing is just silly.
Reminds me of frontier desu. Not a fan of that.
I don't mind arts and styles because you can ignore those.

>absolute dodges x3
Based retard

How far are you? I only just started G rank but I'd like dreadqueen gear.

Doesn't have to be a bowgun (although you should definitely try them, they're a lot of fun, especially with the styles). Just use something with thunder. SnS with Mind's Eye would be your best bet. Make the Hyper Zinny one and you should be good to go.

Astalos is like a big dragon insect. I like him a lot.

Attached: tumblr_inline_om55fcQKiM1r58de8_1280.png (800x1912, 1.54M)

I literally bought it back then too user. I was playing online for probably about 3 months after release and never had any trouble with rooms. I don't remember exactly what online was like (I'm not the original user you responded to), but I've never had trouble getting rooms in a MH game other than MHW but that wasn't from a lack of "rooms" so much as the online was designed in a really shitty way.

After world, when I ran into this dude in GU I was expecting a shitshow, but to my surprise he was actually a fun fight.

I have no idea why they fucked him up so much in World.

Im just starting HR, I wanted to play with other people but I couldn't get anyone to play with me at all.

>every post gamecube nintendo device I bought solely for MH
>skipped GU/XX because didn't care too much at the time
>have a few friends playing GU
>see switch price
Best thing about World is choice of platform making it the cheapest MH game I have ever purchased. I'll probably cave sooner or later though, I love MH.

Attached: ugly rat.png (400x400, 72K)

Use Reddit or join some shit discord if you're that desperate.

I'm down to play, give me 5 minutes and I'll come join. I'm sure we can get two more here.

Do you have a room up?

How long will the online 3ds gonna last?

Im starting one up now, I'll have it posted in a sec.

28-2308-9655-5189

Filled up! Good job boys

He means it isnt a casual pissbaby snoozefest like world

Astalos is great

I replaced the Jawblade with the final boss GS and that's basically when I stopped playing, because everything else I wanted to do required G4 hyper monsters and I just couldn't find them fun.

Attached: DtrWbz1U8AAAI35.jpg (1280x720, 259K)

Spot back open.

I'll join, I'm end game gear and love to capture though.

Attached: 2018100202251300-2AE606B8659FEA852E0ED6470C9814D9.jpg (1280x720, 251K)

Thats fine, Im trying to warm back up, not doing so hot today, sorry other anons Im letting ya down rn.

Keep posting when slots are open, pls. I'll throw together some HR shit for when one does and help you out, if you all are still hunting.

We've got 2 slots open currently!

Everytime I go to these threads, I'm left always left with the impression that P3rd is the best game in the series. It doesn't have swimming, mounting, has switch axe and has one of the best farms. It's the easiest and one of the shortest but it's still pretty long and has lot's of good looking maps. So is this right?

I had a look at your lobby. Why Dreadqueen room? Is it not better to focus on ranking up to High rank at least? Deviant gear's only useful in final (G-rank) upgrade IMO, and they're usually harder than other monsters at the respective rank so...

I wanted to get the set for the multi monster hunts since I play SnS so having a blast with status crit would overall be nicer for me. I know Im a crazy person.

>iceborne has random hot springs on the map
>yukumo layered for pre-order
Even Capcom knows. Definitely tied with World as my favourite HR game.

Attached: 72408258_p8.jpg (1200x1013, 338K)

Switch Monster Hunter won't be until 2020 at the earliest. Iceborne is this years instalment. Maybe they'll announce it this year, but don't expect a release anytime soon.

I'm all for a lot of content, but holy fuck MHGU is just overwhelming for me. I just can't manage all the fucking options this game has with weapons, armor, and hunts. Then said hunts are basically doubled because the ones in multiplayer were separate from the singleplayer ones, a feature I was also not particularly a fan of.
I will probably end up buying it again, so yea I would say it's worth it.

You're better off doing higher level ones because that can drop permits for lower level ones as well.

If a game has some flaws it doesn't mean its bad, and if a game doesn't have any apparent flaw, it doesn't make it a good game either. I mean FU had the worst fucking Plesioth but everyone still loved it.

Unless you are a really old fan, no, it's not worth getting, it's souless, with a lot of old rough content and 0 cohesion. There's a 90% chance that you will get bored to death.
If you have a 3ds or a decent pc, just play 3u or 4u, way better experiences.

Ah, so doing 2 gives me tickets for 1? I legit did not know that, thanks user.

I started with it and it was fine as an introduction. Took a few hours to feel my way around some of the mechanics but it didn't take long to click.

No, you only get rewarded extra tickets for the last ones in a series. So I believe it 7-10, and G4-G5. My numbers might be off by one or two.

It's basically a port of the 3DS version, they did add a few new features and plays nicely. If you haven't played the original 3DS version and like the older styled monhun games then I recommend.

There were full rooms leading all the way up to GU.

youtube.com/watch?v=GeLWikfKRMA

You do use Athena, don't you user?

Ah, thanks for clarifying that up user. I never got to do like any deviants back in the original release because everyone was just done by that point.

Doesn't work for Macs.

You need to join PC master race

PC is for fags, and video games are for consoles.

It's one of the top three

MH3U, MH4U and MHGU. The holy trinity of god tier MH games.

>pc is for fags
>mac user

Is P3rd any good? It's the only one I haven't played yet.

Legit on of the best in the series. Very easy though, no g rank, and PSP locked if you wanna play it in english, the PS3 version also can't be played multi anymore I think.

MHGU has the best difficulty, the best roster, the most content, the most weapons, the most variety in gameplay for more longevity than any other MH

So yes it's rather based.
It's the last hurrah of real Monster Hunter before Capcom zombiefied the franchise and turned it into a neonufun game for western dudebros.

Attached: Valphalk_Render_001.jpg (1126x800, 215K)

Yes. But keep in mind it's only an HR game and very easy.

I've had my fill of Dreadqueens, good hunts.

Thanks for the help user, sorry about killing that last thing.

I'd like to get into Monster Hunter GU, but the idea of the fucking grind is so daunting. I got bored of World after Nergigante, so I don't think I really got to the grind in that game, but as I understand the grind is a thousand times worse in older MonHuns and you basically can't beat the game without ten thousand hours of repetition.

Is it as bad as people say? I just want to fight monsters, I don't want any of the fucking RNG bullshit.

I put quite a bit of time into GU but I feel so clueless about the progression after the Mantis. There's way too much stuff and a lot of it is hidden.

Are there any sites/communities where I can look up gearsets/style/art setups for weapons?

Attached: 1550357315027.jpg (640x654, 24K)

In a good MH game, you don't really mind the grind most of the time because you're just having fun playing the game.

All MH games have grind to them, MHW just has the least of it outside of decorations.

depends on how much you want to minmax.
you wont have to grind much for the first 100-200 or something hours of GU anyways.

If you're an older monster hunter fan, it's a good game. The worst thing about it is that it's capped at 30fps for no good reason, which granted was a large hurtle for me to get over.
The arts/style system gives you tons of replayability because now most weapons have several ways to play, some varying more than others. If you like the classic gameplay, that's an option too. Prowler can be pretty fun but you have to do a ton of research to get the right cat; I wish they'd have just made it more like a regular weapon you equip.
It has plenty of QoL features over older titles, notably the fashion system, which you'd think would diminish the impact of clownsuiting but at the same time it still makes you work for your fashion so it's not just some freebie at the cost of identity.

Personal opinion, but gunning is kinda frustrating again at GR. If you've been playing (and gunning on) the 3DS games all this time, you won't know how much you miss having your combos ready and available on the touch screen until you play a classic one-screen monster hunter game that doesn't have that.

But it is. TTT is great, even for beginners.

Well ideally I'd like to be able to fight every boss in the game on my own without grinding.
But of course that's literally impossible, so how far can I go before I have to grind and put up with online?

>The worst thing about it is that it's capped at 30fps for no good reason, which granted was a large hurtle for me to get over.
You're insane if you think 30fps is a problem.

>a large hurtle for me to get over.
>hurtle

Attached: hello father.png (536x448, 304K)

Grinding is a factor that will always be present in monster hunter. It's balanced out by the fact that you can hunt a monster 50 times and each fight play out pretty differently, If that doesn't do it for you then you'll probably burn out.

You can do everything solo user.
Even the level HR100 Super Azurebolt Astalos.

It's the final challenge. The way to prove yourself as a godly hunter once and for all.
Only the best hunters can claim they were able to slay one on their own.

>If you're an older monster hunter fan, it's a good game. The worst thing about it is that it's capped at 30fps for no good reason, which granted was a large hurtle for me to get over.

Every MH game but 3U, 4U, and World have uncapped framerates though, 30 FPS is otherwise the norm for the series.

Well look, I supppose I'd probably burn out after 100-200 hours anyway, so if I can get that far without having to grind shit out or put up with online fuckwits then I'll be happy enough.

MHGU + World are a perfect combination, fuck off

We have one open for anyone who wants to help me with Queens!

>Even the level HR100 Super Azurebolt Astalos.
I don't have the patience to solo EX because it's always the same brave or adept bullshit.

Sure, but depending on what you want to craft it might take a few hunts more than World which throws mats at you way too easily 99% of the time.

Its a good game.

It has a lot of jank leftover from the original series.
But it blows World out of the water when it comes to content.
It essentially has almost all the content of 4U + all the most popular content from the older games.
And a decent amount of its own original content.

Still world offers much more enjoyable matchmaking and removes most of the series jank.
In essence World is a better game when it comes to the base game-play.
Gen ultimate is a slitly worse game when it comes to game play and is slitly more grindy as resource gathering is a lot more tedious than in world but it does have way way more content.

I regularly play it and world.

Attached: i4tzniu5.jpg (749x780, 118K)

You're insane if you think 30fps isn't a problem
especially when the 3DS managed to consistently get better framerates on monster hunter games
We shouldn't be going BACKWARDS in performance

Backwards would be if we went back to 16fps with slowdown.
Quit your whining and entitlement.

As long as I don't have to fight the same monster 100 times for a tiny chunk of a tail to make a weapon I'll use for 2 hours then start grinding for the next weapon.
I've got some backlog to get through before I sink that much time into one game, so I'll get to it eventually, and maybe by then I'll have more open space on my backlog to afford spending months on one game.
I really liked World, so I'd like to be able to like the other games, at least until World 2 comes out.

Why would you be so idiotic and buy Nintendo consoles only for MH? There's a ton of good games to play there besides them, even fucking Wii U I bought for 3U and was suprised how many good games I played after I was done with MH.

u tried gamefaqs?

gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/210509-monster-hunter-generations-ultimate

Personally I'd go about clearing Deviants and unfinished quests. Breaking hr is only the start of the game IMO but I can relate to feeling a bit lost once reaching end of keyquest road. What about village quests?

Objectively it's kinda shit, this is from a MH fan with over 1000 hrs in the series.
Its only value is as a greatest hits compilation. There is actually far too much filler here. There's like 1100 quests, most are exactly the same.

Last I remembered MH3U was only 30fps on the 3ds too

Emulate it on citra and use fps cheat.

4U was 'uncapped'. It didn't have a limit, but it could only get about 45 under the best circumstances.

Where are you getting that notion from, 4U managed to get high framerates and it was the entry before the generations games
ergo: 30fps is moving backwards
Quit eating shit and calling other people names because you're fine with eating shit

>a MH fan with over 1000 hrs in the series.
Ah, I too like to call myself a fan when I'm just a beginner; 1000 hrs? What, did you only play one or two MH games?

Fuck you, I do other things with my life like have a family and a business, 1000 hrs is adequate to be called a fan you fucking autist.

4U was rarely 60 fps, it had unlocked fps, but it was more of a 45 fps game, even on New, so at times it was more janky than hard 30 fps. Probably that's why they locked it with GU.

cute bat

They locked because of dumb fucking crossplay with MHXX on 3DS. I'm looking into removing the 30fps limit on the Switch with hax.

I'd sooner have 30fps with 3 hour battery life than 60fps with 1 hour battery life. It's a no-brainer especially given that 30fps is perfectly playable.

Having said that I can relate to it feeling a bit rough if youre accustomed to playing Splatoon / Mariokart / etc. at a locked 60. Just get over it I'd say, or you're going to miss out on a lot of good games.

>Having reasonable expectations is 'eating shit'
This is why your frame rate police leader got cancer and died.
Terminal faggotry.

I loved P3rd. G version could fix difficulty, shame.

>Fighting Stygian Zinogre at the top of the Volcanic Hollow with four players

That poor framerate.

Attached: AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.png (332x332, 18K)

iirc 4U was one of the handful of games that could actually take advantage of the nu3DS hardware, it ran at a really good framerate on my nu3ds with infrequent slowdowns

45fps is also a 50% increase to framerate, that shit makes a difference when you're not dealing with pcmustardrace numbers

Generations and world are shit. 4u is the best MH.

Because nothing else on them has interested me?

>30fps in 2019 is "reasonable"
lmao
30fps is the bare minimum, user

but they arent? there's over a hundred monsters in the game and ten hunts per monster is far from too much. most of them are optional too.

I WISH other games had amazing filler like literally every flagship monster. That alone makes it the best for me.

Attached: 1537341238617.png (698x768, 142K)

It is reasonable because switch is piece of shit with nobattery.

I mean I'm still playing it to get the armor and see if I can beat all levels of a deviant. I'm just finding I get bored very quickly. If not for the new styles I'd have stopped already.

>all levels of a deviant
>a deviant
>1

Try 18

Ik that. What were you even trying to point out here?

Trying to point out that you have a long road of suffering ahead of you

>It doesn't have swimming
That's part of why 3U is better.

Hey user I was playing with, drop me a discord if you have one so we can keep hunting.

Should I check out 4U if I liked GU?

Yeah

fuck off

Anything other than original MH (G/Freedom are fine) or base Tri are good classic monhuns.

>Freedom is fine
No it's not.

I'm overwhelmed by the amount of weapons and armor, how do I know if my hammer or whatever is worth upgrading? I got a couple longswords, hammers, gunlances and bowguns and mostly upgrade if it has some green sharpness.
I got armor with airborne for aerial hammer, is tenderizer good for adept hammer?
hammer

I bought it during this sale and put like 20 hours into it. I came from previous monster hunters on the 3ds.

4GU is not really monster hunter. The weapon styles are absolutely absurdly unbalanced and busted, and you have these things called hunter arts which are special attacks that are also stupidly strong.

You can play the game without any style or arts I guess, but its always there in the back of your mind that you can just turn on EZmode and literally counter-parry or invuln window your way through the game, and that it's intended.

As other's have mentioned, there is also the significant and serious problem of how the content is delivered. 20 hours in I have no idea what the game expects me to do in what order, to progress at a certain rate. I just finish all the offered village quests then do quests until the next rank unlocks....I guess? It has like 90 different monsters and you can and will experience like 20 of them within the first first ranks.

Just watch this. This is "long sword" gameplay in MHGU using the Valor style.

youtu.be/kpHhPtESh3M?t=33

Created a GU hunting server, anyone's free to join. discord.gg/bjjnjmc

>looking at this thread
>enjoyed this game
>extreme, bitter arguing
Remind me again why I come here to discuss MH in general? Always feels like everyone's just throwing shit around and doesn't want to actually just hunker down and enjoy hunts and let others enjoy their hunts.

>base Tri
>no GR
>HR is online only
>no DB/HH/GL/Bow
>Bowgun mismatching bullshit system
>tiny monster roster
god what were they thinking
At least the game controlled much better, in that sense it's a lot like world in that it made leaps and bounds in QoL and user experience but the rest of the game took such a serious hit
I still had tons of fun with it despite knowing how shallow it was

all that being said, let me say that it is a fine "time waster" game if you are looking for an action rpg with a little bit of depth and monster hunter theme, while playing at work

I can't take it seriously at all and it feels a little bit ridiculous all the time, especially aerial style switch axe or hammer. It's just too whacky....but there is still hunting, set building, carving, palicos, etc.

It feels like too much of a mess to really consider it a good entry. They just threw EVERYTHING they could into it and it doesn't really work as a theme.

>compared to world
this is just a port of an older generation of monster hunter, it WILL be clunky as shit and unless you played the older games you WILL struggle with its older systems, if the refinements of world have you feeling all is right in the world this game will make you want to drop it

Otherwise the quality is fine, but 4u on the 3ds is far better content wise, for me I play this and world together side by side depending on which kinda of shitters are infesting the online that day

>more ppl played xx
Damn switchfags be desperate theyre altering reality

Drop all of that. Pick a single weapon. You wanna play hammer? Stay with hammer and don't branch off until you're competent in hammer and want to try new things. Play Guild style instead of Aerial to start to learn. Besides that, if you're that early in your actual weapon doesn't really matter - use the one you think looks coolest.

No you fucking can't. That hyper silver los and gold ian quest to unlock Chaos Oil III is extremely bullshit, no way you can solo it.

The battlefields of MHGU are littered with the corpses of shitters who watched that LS speedrun and try (and fail) to imitate it. For example, the build in the video requires Hayabusa Feather. That doesn't just fall into one's lap.

Most Valor style Blademasters I see online continuously get their shit wreckt.

Adept and Brave style are cancerous, and don't even play like Monster Hunter. The only people who like GU are secondaries who came from World looking for more content and think it's harder and more "Epic" to play it like a Sekiro wannabe.

Attached: 1537146406182.gif (400x225, 996K)

>remembering Hayabusa Feather
Ugh, that slog was so bad even I can't try to defend it.
If there's one thing I'll say about GU, it's that it's built off Gen which was a shitty game.
G rank helped a lot but egg quests out the ass is not fun.

Graphics are shits and it's classic clunky monster hunter.
I like classic clunky monster hunter,s o I still love it and have played hundreds of hours, continuing my save from 3DS Generations.

>Most Valor style Blademasters I see online continuously get their shit wreckt.
I haven't reached g rank yet in MHGU but I played with valor style while progressing and replicated that style seen in the video without effort or thought. I know most monsters attack patterns already from previous games, so holding the sheath button while they attacked me was trivially easy, and timing power spirit slash to counter-parry also became intuitive after a couple hunts. Hunts were fast and effortless, because I never, not once, needed to evade or move away from attacking.

I simply don't believe that valor style hunters stuggle, since the toolkit comes with a stamina dependent shrug off window, and in many weapons, an instant invulnerable counterattack.

GU is a game in which you will burn out for sure if you try to rush anything or go for completion.
I will play this for a long time with many breaks.

its just impossible to play it in one big chunk.

It's already hard enough clearing Extreme Deviants WITH styles and arts. I dread to imagine how bleak it'd be without them.

>sekiro wannabe
took the words out of my mouth, that's just what it is!
you can play valor or adept like fucking sekiro and counter parry the fucking monsters, it's funny

Okay, so competent is competent enough to branch out? I already hammered my way though the village quests in 3U.

>tfw get a ton of shit for playing Brave CB but all I wanted was my GPs back
I don't know how to respond, Striker is just nerfed and I never felt the need for three Arts or even one Art.

If you like aerial hammer try aerial switch axe for some extreme luls.

Oh, you can branch now. Sorry, thought you were a complete novice. Charge Blade is a similar weapon, or you could just start upgrading other weapons from extra mats you have.

Don't listen to this faggot

What's a good build user?

Just killed Valstrax for the first time, was a pretty fun fight but felt a little easy for how hyped up it was. Only attack that really surprised me was the one where he kamikazes you and once you know what it is it's stupid easy to avoid.
That theme song kicked ass though

Attached: 1501827348144.jpg (480x441, 40K)

>tfw neophytes here don't remember ballfuck memes
Sad now.

wait til the Grank version
he really ups his game, and so do others deviants, i guess
fuck yeah

This, trying to solo an EX without artes or styles would be cruel.
It's already cruel even with them since every one of them posses at least one OHK attack.

It starts to matter when blademastrs begin taking substantial damage even through Valor dodge. For gunners its ok but offset a bit by he weaker armor

Not really attracted to SA so far, maybe I'll give it a try later.

Yeah no prob, I didn't mention it. Played some p3rd HD and 3U before, but always casually, no HR. I'd rather git gud with GL and maybe start GS, CB wasn't on my radar so far.
So how about that tenderizer armor? I just made me a rathalos set, don't wanna look at my char in jaggi armor for one more minute..

Tenderizer armor is great.
>never went to HR
user, that's when the game begins.
All of LR is prep for HR.

you forgot that fact that most of your dmg and moveset is resource-gated
most shitters wont actually struggle in the sense of "dying" but "cant output a constant stream of dps/maintain the gauge"
taking dmg/running around aimlessly take a chunk out of your gauge too

I don’t get the hate towards mounting.

I honestly think damage taken by brave dodges should be made greater, and I play Brave CB. The brave dodge is no substitute for supermans and guard points.
Incidentally, losing much of axe mode on CB is a pretty good downside to the style.

It's objectively better in GU than in 4U.

And overall 4U is objectively better than GU.

You can't say mounting is better tho. I'm not shitting on 4U, it's just that having to make sure no one hits the monster so that the mount doesn't pretty much autofail is kinda dumb on the part of the designers.

I'll get to HR eventually, just not quicky since I work fulltime and GU is a big ass game it seems. Should be alright, I remember beating the subspecies barroth and lagiacrus in 3u.

GU was fucking shit, if for any other reason that most of the gear locked behind the arcadey ticket system was ass. All of azurebolts's shit is fucking ass, and the jet dragon has poland sharpness on his gear.

Not even going to call out the fact that it was the game that introduced casual transmog trash.

I solo every game so that never bothered me. I’m glad it was improved in GU, though.

>casual transmog trash
Excuse me, I think Silversol Set #678 is less creative than your own set transmogged onto a meta set.

I know shitters will always find a way but how fucking difficult is it to just use valor attacks? Shit fills up your gauge in seconds.

It's more or less a free knockdown for minimal effort and enables more cheese strategies on certain matchups, on top of breeding a generation of JE SUIS MONTE. That shit was a meme for a reason, there were players who kept fishing for attempts and it slowed down the hunt for everyone else involved. Mounting may also be the reason why weapons like IG will always held back in the aerial attack department and that something like Tonfa may never get imported.

Attached: 67b4166434310be92ef5e3e1c36f244851bad494.png (604x448, 69K)

People don't realize it's a thing because they can't rtfm or get help on youtube.
It took me a lot of effort just getting it through to 2 of my friends that it is what they need to do to access a non-shit moveset.

>World thread
>"World is fucking trash, play GU instead"
>GU thread
>"GU is fucking trash, play 4U instead"
>4U thread
>"4U is fucking trash, play 3U or FU instead"
IS ANY GAME IN THIS FUCKING SERIES ACTUALLY GOOD OR WHAT

Attached: 8a4.jpg (316x202, 7K)

its worth it for aerial style.
its the most fun combat in a long time in monster hunter.
still though. nothing comes close to monster hunter freedom unite.

All of them.

All of them are good, the fanbase is neurotic and full of people who don't actually like the game. Or tribals who defend their game to the exclusion of literally every other.

All of those mentioned games are fine. Just play them you mong.

Attached: nurgurcoogur.png (230x146, 54K)

Touikoden is pretty solid.

GU is a best of, just play that.

FU kinda sucks tho.

ones first monster hunter leaves a strong impression

FU was the turning point, and was pretty much GU for its generation
it was extremely great back then before all those QoL and stuffs. Agree its dated by now tho

>best of

Now you too can fight monsters from across the series with minimal effort! Enjoy epic anime swordfighting as you knock big monsters out of the sky! What's that, you don't like mixed sets? Not a problem, you only need 2 fullsets and you're done! Bored with your two armor collection? Change how you look with Transmog (tm)!

Someone's assmad.

Nah, I think it's still worth playing for the experience. Anything 1st gen is for when you're really, really bored.

yeah okay but you just don't pick them and it doesn't matter.

Is hayabusa feather worth getting in GU? I'm already at G rank

Sure, but good luck finding any players online who aren't already in G Rank.

Iceborne won't be a big success. Normies already had their share of World and are now tired of it.

Capcom is in for a rude awakening.

Attached: 1469557424197.png (600x667, 490K)

Yes. There are a lot of head pieces that give good skills, which you can unlock, for the purpose of mixed sets. There's a Wide Range +2 one, a Polar Hunter one, A wind Res +15 one, a Desire +11 000 one, a Mind's Eye one and more. But Hayabusa is clearly among the best with Crit Eye +15.

I appreciate the help- I thought hayabusa only gave +10. How do I go about unlocking the others, is there a page for this stuff on the wiki?

>he doesn't like astalos
What an utter faggot

Does it add anything like yetis, giant bugs or mastodons? If it's just more dinosaurs and dragons then I have had my fill.

What's wrong with it? It's best way to experience first gen, if someone isnt interested in first gen then he will stay away anyway.

>>HR is online only
No idea about 2Dos, but in first MonHun that was the case as well. On one hand it was neat- online city with higher rank monster and some restricted only, on other hand the moment online was shutdown you lose access to it. I think there was one HR quest available from village- troublesome pair or at least los/ian could drop plates there. While gathering halls werent as grand in handheld games, I really like ability to have access to whole content (offline gh) all time.

just get people to play GU, its really the best monhun. Minimalist nerds need not apply.

A lot including the HF you'll get from the Village 10* quests called Advanced quests. To unlock those I think requires first completing every 1-6* Village quest (not inc. prowler)

Can only find this link but its only for Gen; but if you scroll down to rare 7 it has a little bit of info. I think it's the same quests / rewards:

monsterhunter.fandom.com/wiki/MHGen:_Miscellaneous_Armor

Oh no my bad these Advanced quests are 6* village quests not 10*, but they do need unlocking. (The 10* Advanced quests in MHGU give other rewards that weren't in Gen)

Cool, thanks. I've played a lot of both Gen and GU but I skipped the village quests due to how tedious the account/fishing quests are. Time to jump on the grind. At least they'll be quicker with G weapons.

You meme, but I do think Iceborne is going to be a litmus test for just how many people World actually managed to get on board. It'll be interesting to see how it does.

theres fewer gather quests than prior gens, just note that sometimes you have to do villager requests to unlock the next key quests.

only literal retard faggot niggers dislike transmog.

Isn't there a good MonHun that's not on the 3DS?

bing bing wahoo delete this now

yeah.
its GU on the switch.

Yeah. it's 3U/4U on citra

It's great.
Looks like a higher res version of a 3DS game but if you can get past that part it's lots of fun and has tons of content.

GU is like those MH clones but with MH skin

I haven't played world. Gen was my first game and there was a steep learning curve, but getting GU there are a lot of quests (well some repeat themselves), but it does feel satisfying to beat larger monsters co-op. The styles were at first overwhelming but it adds some variety to the different weapons.

It's not impossible that the stars aligned for World's success and that it was one-off but you never know.

That's the reason I'm not sure if I should buy Iceborne. I liked MHW fine but in the end it's not the direction I want MH to go in.

>Same filename
OH NO NO NO NO NO

Attached: kek.png (762x1083, 697K)

im impressed and appalled at your autism both you.

I just dislike how hyper monsters force co op unless you're really fucking good. Would have loved to solo G4 hypers but i'm just not that good at the game. Lost count of the amount of times i fucked up trying to solo hyper jho.

based

FU, P3rd

I think it'll do well, but it's doubtful if it will reach those behemoth numbers Capcom is probably expecting. I don't think the West realizes that this series is Japanese CoD and is supposed to release a megabuster every year. Most casual players have already tired of the game after beating the story.

>P3 is without a doubt easier than world, especially when comparing their endgames

Attached: 1557695463246.png (992x728, 693K)

I managed to solo Hyper Jho by being very, very careful, and it took me 48 goddamn minutes. Even if I can do it, I never will again. 48 minute slogs like Hyper Jho are the absolute worst.

Attached: 1440912733110.png (1280x942, 666K)

i didnt mean to put that in green text btw

I think that's one of the things about World that really pisses me off, having a chunk of the content be tied to online and time-limited.
I know the older games did this, but I'll also never return to the old games. People have been returning to FU/p3rd because the only thing that'll wall your progress is you not being good enough, not the game needing a lobby that doesnt exist just to play.

I have 300 some hours in gu and another 100 in gen. I fucking love styles and arts and a lot of the new monsters(including base gen here) are fun to fight. Fuck deviants and hypers though.

ok

>Listening to Yea Forums about anything

Fucking you Valor Switch Axe is fun as shit It actually makes element axes useful.

Therefore it's shit. Why would you play that over World or GU?

My biggest complaint is almost all the best weapons are tied to a fucking event monster that is not very fun to fucking do.

Thank god I can just do Diablos SA and be a cunt.

Is difficulty the only aspect that matter to you in mh?

Yeah im playing fu/3rd myself solo and having a good time. Its nice not dealing with timed events

I wouldn't even be so mad if they just added it to the game instead of making it a time based event for basically no reason other than to manipulate popularity spikes.
You CAN solo KT and AT monsters but waiting for daddy capcom to sprinkle us with content cummies is retarded and makes me not want to play

The roster also sucks. Half of the Tri monsters were designed around underwater combat so you have bad fights like land-only lagiacrus. The game's only saving grace is zinogre which GU has.

No idea how it is on PC, but on PS4 forced all time online seems to make game take longer to do about anything. Whenever I booted up World I'd get into hub and leave console alone for around 20min which would put it offline mode.

>The roster also sucks.
Yet you mentioned World.
I didnt mention GU because he wanted monhun which isnt on 3ds.

Soloing KT is just an absolute pain in the ass though. It's like when people say OH EX BEHEMOTH IS HARD.

When the reality is it's just a chore chipping through huge HP pools with meme weapons like Dual Blades, Bow or HBG

this tbqh

The biggest reason why I will never go back to Tri is blastblight is just better than literally everything.

I've noticed a similar issue on PC whenever you initiate a quest, instead of giving you the prompt to go right away (even in astera town quests) it'll always go straight to "searching for other players" or something before giving you the option to just fucking go, you have to strongarm your way through two laggy confirmation screens before it lets you go because it wants you to find players after not giving you an option to just play offline

World's roster is significantly better than p3

>land only lagiacrus is bad
haha what a retard

>try out lbg for the first time
>pick adept style because im scared of low defense
Holy shit why is the dodge window this big how is this balanced

I'm not saying it's a good experience, you basically have to cheese it and swap weapons to solo KT which is pretty annoying, but if you could just do that anytime then it wouldn't be insulting like it is when you miss the content and just have to hope capcom lets you do it again.

If you think that's generous, then try out Valor HBG.

Attached: 67052887_p9.png (800x800, 1.18M)

It's balanced by the fact you HAVE to play super aggressively to keep up with your damage.
That being said, everyone goes adept on LBG because all the LBG arts suck and you don't really get anything from brave/valor. It's an odd one out in that regard.

>World's roster is significantly better than p3
We will never come to agreement.

>All of this faggots complaing about Arts/Style in MHGU
Just use guild style and no arts. There you go classic MH.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 286K)

True.

The best GS in the game is literally from an event quest chain that only appears during the seasonal events.

Alchemy LBG is probably the best though. LBG arts aren't great, but Full House + Absolutes is still good if the animation lock from Adept reloads isn't what you're after. And for some reason Alchemy doesn't have any drawbacks compared to Striker.

I've never even tried alchemy or heard anyone mention it for LBG until now, what's it give you?
Extra ammo?

Same thing man... I caved and got a Switch with GU last Black Friday. when my friends wanted to play.

Attached: 1556833899811-removebg.png (451x554, 319K)

I somehow managed to solo hyper rajang (while shitting bricks the whole time) in like 35 mins with LBG rf pierce, thank god I got the parts I needed from the one encounter.

Some hypers (usually G3 ones) are fine. Hyper Gore is just as fun as regular, hyper zinogre is also cool. Pretty much any G3 and below hypers feel fine, but the stat increases are just ridiculous at G4

Watchin this vid again, shit is like poetry in motion man. Dauntless eat your heart out

samefag

Probably screen capping his own comments for a future epic meme

I must be a mega scrub then, because I can't stand them at any level unless it's in a group. It's somewhat more bearable with a weapon that has a good Alchemy style (like SA or something), but when you're solo it's like you're fighting the game mechanics themselves. MH has always been about making and abusing openings, like tripping the monster or something, but Hypers have such high thresholds that even if you play perfectly, trips and staggers almost never happen. It's just so unsatisfying. And to top it all off, they completely invalidate the fatigue mechanic. Fuck you Hammers. Fuck you CB.

Hyper Rajang with LBG though. That's some impressive shit. I'm surprised you had enough ammo.

Attached: 1534269138607.png (792x576, 278K)

superior in every way to MHW

Longsword main here.

Can you explain to me how what basically amounts to a mantle to dodge every 1min and a few moveset changes is any different to the changes World has?

At least MHGU doesn't lock you in fucking Helmsplitter.

I didn't

I abused arts and such for max combining etc. But still ended up using suboptimal ammo at the end. I genuinely thought i wouldn't have enough ammo to kill him.

For LBG, Alchemy gets the same deficits as Striker, which is only losing the side hops. Difference is that you just get the barrel on top and Alchemy's SP effects. Granted, the barrel is a meme and even LBG support done right hame strats since Full House is basically LBG Limiter Off probably won't use it, but it's there and technically a direct upgrade. Adept's reload damage boost can be useful though.

SnS, Hammer, and Swaxe can use Alchemy as an alternative as well. SnS gets shorter combos by comparison to Striker and Swaxe will have to use the horizontal sword slash combo loop instead (riskier but more DPS than Striker vertical slash loop), but for Hammer it doesn't have Striker's loss of golfswing and instead it just removes the spinning attack from the Lv3 charge, so it's not a brick style while you can keep your three arts slots.

>because people want to be spiteful towards World

lol I remember when fags complained that Monster Hunter gave up to casuals by making the gameplay of MH4 smoother then they sucked World garbage like the little sonnyggers bitches they are.

Has anyone on the planet solo'd the hyper gold/silver rath quest? That shit just seems too much

Attached: A76822F639AA4DA9A50BD6E5866248A3.jpg (341x489, 27K)

Are you forgetting Longsword as a perfect dodge built into it's kit in worlds?

I refuse to even try to solo Hyper Silver, much less both of them at the same time. Thankfully he's a total bitch to take out in a team--people just stunlock him to death.

I forget though, is the Silverlos/Goldian quest with them on the same field at the same time? It's the Tower or some shit, isn't it? That sounds absolutely awful.

I fucking hate Silver Rathalos normal.

It's a fucking gay fight and I always go Bow just to deal with that fuccboi.

damage controlling samefag

Attached: nigger.jpg (395x81, 9K)

>barrel is a meme
I find it nice, ignoring the sp buffs immunizer and the whet stones are great, and if the hunt somehow lasts long enough the group sp bar boosting item is incredible

legit and not inspect element pilled

ok user continue to be delusional

Well there's at least one guy you'll like, and his attacks change based on what's around to throw at you.

Attached: iceborne.jpg (830x535, 423K)

GIVE ME ZAMTRIOS
GIVE ME BARIOTH
GIVE ME GIGGI

Attached: 1557503004302.jpg (800x800, 154K)

If Barioth isn't in either from the start or post-release I will scratch my head in severe confusion.

Attached: 27113468.jpg (809x1205, 826K)

Alchemy is underrated on long hunts for sure

You'd think it would be a given considering narga's inclusion.

Attached: 1430293035298.png (500x358, 53K)

>Narga's inclusion
>A fucking snow area
>Already have hurricane mechanics

Aye!

Attached: 1557462534746.jpg (600x800, 217K)

>a fucking moose

Attached: moose-face.jpg (900x600, 208K)

actually this
most based FP ever

I honestly really like Banbaro.

What does your charm have?

I cant help it anons i really love aerial hammer

Me too. Despite some momentary sadness he wasn't a fanged beast.

Same.
It's the only new monster I think looks good.

Anyone near Europe wanna play? I can make a lobby or I'll join one if someone's got one up already.

Attached: 10.jpg (700x700, 40K)

Same
His armor design is sick too
Im sad that there are no real “unique” monsters like in 4 tho. They were so great

Attached: 7E861170-8250-40F4-8720-454D293204B5.png (960x1920, 2.2M)

For GU that is.

In GU in just got HR4 and feel like a god what challanges still await

I came to World from Portable 3rd. This Glavenus fight seems better than a lot of fights in World. In World too many monsters just fly across the level constantly (like Dauntless) during the fight.

It's nice to have this bitch stand and fight.

Monster hunter is inherently a casual pissbaby snoozefest.

>MH4U
>The game with the most cancerous and boring endgame due to RNG gear from 140 Relic Quests, Wystones halting a fight, and also Frenzy Virus

Anyone who likes 4U should stay with that game and never bother anyone else.

IF that's true then some are still more of that than others

Soloing AT monsters is better anyway if your only alternative are randoms who triple cart every time in the second zone.

more like stand and get its ass beat

compared to what?
Great Maccao is literally harder than most videogame bosses.

what do you mean you don't want to play trash 4.5???????

Attached: 1558450547269.jpg (221x228, 9K)

HR? What do you want to hunt?

wait are you talking about GU or 4U?

>World monster roster: 36 monsters, 3 of which are crossover things
>Generations Ultimate monster roster: 93 monsters

I'll take the one which has more shit to do

Every MonHun is fine. Even the first one on PS2.
It´s really just about picking your favorite.

Throw some money at streamers and everyone will buy the DLC just like they did with World.

Nah, they're going to go all-in on advertising and big streamers. I wouldn't be surprised if there was a twitch prime layered armor or something that's temporarily only available that way.

>Even the first one on PS2.
>village quest give fuckall money
>no cooking in village
>no farm
>HR locked to online

bibiwa

guy is literally falseflagging to screencapp his own comments bro

I burnt out on Gen after sinking hundreds of hours into 4U, but what I did play was fun. I liked deviants. If switch is all you have it's probably worth getting.
Can't comment on World.

GU is great, especially once you hit G-rank.
takes most of the content, monsters, areas and hubs from the previous games and brings it all together. Styles are fun, newcomer monsters (fated 4, valstrax, narkarkos) are all original and fun to fight.
Most of that content borrowed over was from 4U, with nearly every map from it being available. Sadly Gen favors p3rd over Tri, so no moga village, and no subspecies.

Its only like 35 dollars, go for it.

Attached: gammoth-monster-hunter-generations-review-banner-1024x576.jpg (1024x576, 105K)

you forgot
>no GS charge
>the critters locked onto you 90% of the time
>there are 4-5 of em per area
>janky as fuck hit box (well they didnt really fix it til tigrex/narga, but still)
>Kutku was truly a menace
looking back i wonder how the series took off, at all

I dont get whats supossed to be quality. If by that you mean everything is more convenient then yes , but it doesnt need to be convenient, you are playing a action game where good desicion making on the fly and positioning matters, not a comfy hunting sim, thats why i think most of the changes detracts from the game mechanics

bing

its half off on eshop right now
Grank deviants are fun too. it is precisely the moment you realise adept/brave wont save you now
>map
im salty they didnt bring back 3 (well, p3rd version) forest, ice and volcano map. those one are the best

In general unless you make some meme shit like the blimp/sleep hammer you’ll be fine. While it may not be the most optimal weapon most shit ends up decent at minimum. In a few weapon’s cases(hh and hammer come to mind) the standard bone shit ends up being one of the best options for them.

I believe World gets too much hate. I dont like many changes it did, but I still had fun with it. It's just that it's only monhun that I dont feel like ever going back after puting couple hundreds hours in, even with all timed shit and online they try to pull you back in with.

Did you hate FU and p3rd?

Do those meme weapons every upgrade into viable weapons eventually? I've never bothered upgrading them. There are so many across the series, like the knife and spoon or the slab of meat.

Physical copy is cheaper on ebay

No World comparisons, I just really don't enjoy playing MHGU. I've bought the original as well, and I just remember cheesing monsters with adept/aerial styles and a shit ton of gathering quests. I had a lot more fun with MH4U because the pacing was a lot better and the beginning wasn't as boring to me.

I'm literally falling asleep during quests in MHGU. Should I just ignore single player and just start playing online? I think I can make MHGU more digestible if I talk a couple friends into playing with me.

Attached: 1558148712532.png (676x558, 414K)

>he doesnt want to look like a powerful northern colossus

well, the LS of the academy series (that ruler looking one) is actually legit
the fairy tail crossover DS is crazy good too, shame we dont get it
aside from those i dont think the meme weapons are worth it
in my memory FU's corn gunlance is the only thing that can kill white fatty reliably, 3u event lance is an excellent hi-rank fire lance, and world dlc GS is among the strongest too

It's not that bad, just remember it was created as a filler game between 4u and world so think of it as 4u+. If you want more classic monhun this is the best bang for your buck.

For me I went back to GU after playing world for a bit. I appreciated Gu a lot more especially since world really wasn't clicking for me, so I can understand why GU has been getting a lot more appraisal lately.

They have narga in the next expansion and its a new snow map HE IS FUCKING GARUNTEED

I hope so.

Unironically and not in a shitpost way getting gud. That means not just being able to beat a monster but becoming so good at it that you feel powerful, taking a huge beat into what used to trouble you is among the best feelings of the game.
So yeah with each sussesive try , try to do it better, faster and with style, be risky have fun, Improve , optimise builds and keep little sense of fashion.
Thats what does it for me

I like how that pic of frontier kirin shit has nothing to do with what the pic is about

The only one I know of is the felyne paralysis SNS. It's not as good as the gendrome one, but it's still really strong.

Sometimes they end up decent, although from what I remember most of them have shit sharpness and/or low raw.

That kinda turn usually happens in a series where the games are getting worse with every iteration.
Maybe "worse" is too strong of a word for it but World is different and they obviously try to get new fans by making the game way more accessible, which might actually turn some of the long time fans away from the game.

It's pretty good

I’d argue it’s better due to its extra slot and innate white sharpness vs blue, but they’re both valid options

In most games the joke stuff ends up being underwhelming, but their novelty factor is obviously a thing for those who are just playing around or handicapping themselves on purpose, kinda like this.

mhgu.kiranico.com/weapon/45036

The rest of the sleep offerings have vastly more raw, but yeah, more often than not you'd use it for when you're not serious. There's some cases where they may be useful, I recall one Felyne-themed LBG being pretty lightweight on materials for hame strategies in 4U and the Pop Corn GL was the only Spread Lv5 shell one in FU, which was used for White Fatalis cheese.

Anyone here playing MHGU on a jailbreaked Switch?

How do you download DLC? I downloaded an NSP title update file from the usual Switch piracy sites, but it only updated MHGU from 1.0 to 1.4.0. I still don't have access to the DLCs. How do you download them?

Nice refutal , truly enlightening

>fu has terrible hitboxes
>P3rd is way too easy, no g-rank and shitty mons
>3u has swimming
>4u has mounting, apex and GQ
>gu has broken weapon styles, worse story than 4 and terrible gathering quests
>world is a retread of p3rd, only it costs 60$

conclusion: mh fanboys are some of the most entitled group of faggots on earth

>world is a retread of p3rd
I dunno how you guys seem to miss the lack of loading screens and the huge amount of detail on everything. It makes it way better this way.

>p3rd has shitty mons
mate it has all the good mons of 3rd gen, plus subspecies, the return of Akantor and Ukanlos, And Takemi
well, sans Lagia, but Zinogre is better in everyway
Comparing World to p3rd is pretty insulting. World lack the charm of p3rd completely

Research weaps are useful in general. Good natural purple, good affinity, 3 slots