It's over for us, sonybros

It's over for us, sonybros

Attached: 1550076469610.png (640x602, 275K)

As if America’s internet speeds and net infrastructure will get good enough any time soon. Streaming games with useable latency is a decade off at least.

FUCK Google Stadia.

But also, yeah. The article is right, it really doesn't matter how fast next-gen consoles will be. It has literally never mattered what a console's specs are. Since at least the 1990s, with very few exceptions, the most successful console, both in terms of sales and quality of games, has been the least powerful console. Just about the only time when this wasn't the case, was this gen, and only because Nintendo botched the WiiU so hard. The Switch is selling so fast, if it had come out instead of the WiiU, it would be far and away the most successful console this gen.

I will never understand why raw power is a thing that consoles use as selling points, when time and time and time again, it's proven that that's not what makes consoles sell

>dude what do you mean you don't have 10GB/s fiber?

>censorstation5
good. fuck sony

>nintendo censors 2000 roms sites and fan projects
>sony censores like 3 perverted games
>you have the audacity to call sony the censorers

Define "outperform"

What's your honest opinion on Google Stadia?

Attached: 1553278372490.png (1200x1200, 645K)

Cloud gaming is a meme

Of course the PS5 will outperform Stadia. By the time the Quint releases Stadia will still be vaporware.

OP is claiming the PS5's ultra-fast load times from its SSD don't matter because you can theoretically do better streaming the games on Stadia (source: their ass)

>manchild upset that his animu titties are unavailable on ps4
This is the video game equivalent of fat prediabetic kids hating Michelle Obama.

That's not what "censor" means

It also doesn't matter how much input lag stadia games will have i guess.

this so much
you don't need AAA graphics to make a fun game, some of the best games in recent memory are on switch/3ds. I did really enjoy TLOU remastered on my ps4 pro, but I would still have enjoyed it with ps2 era graphics

>Outperform

What do they mean by this? The only metric about PS5 I care about is the GPU power, so I can OH NONONONO post when it's nowhere near 14 teraflops that retards keep spouting. The stadia servers were already confirmed to have 10.7 tflops of GPU power.

The public who buys games can be extremely dumb but do not think they will tolerate a platform where pushing the jump button does not make the character jump but instructs a server to send a streaming of a character jumping almost 1 second later.

This is the same public who thinks they can keep up with console players on their smartphones while playing Fortnite.

Don't worry boys, when google fiber goes nationwide (any second now) stadia will be unbeatable.

>why raw power is a thing that consoles use as selling points
Because the actual selling point, good games, isn't something that is easy for the console manufacturer to advertise. After all, it's not the console that makes the game good.
The obvious step is to advertise your exclusives - exclusives that people want to play. Nintendo have done this very well recently which is why they have been in the spotlight for a while now.

Considering the state of Navi, it means that the PS5 will have a weaker GPU than what's in Google's Stadia servers.

Switch wont even touch the tips of ps4. And it cant play any good games.

unless someone is dropping fiber everywhere then I'm guessing it'll take longer than that unless there's some sort of massive innovative technology that can send information more efficiently I don't see it.

google is dropping fiber everywhere and by everywhere I mean southern california.

Stupid snoyboy

Nice joke dude

>it really doesn't matter how fast next-gen consoles will be. It has literally never mattered what a console's specs are. Since at least the 1990s, with very few exceptions, the most successful console, both in terms of sales and quality of games, has been the least powerful console.

That doesn't prove the point though. Specs matter, but it just so happened that some other factors mattered more in that particular generation.

Reasons to care about specs is multi-plat parity with the competition. Don't be the 3rd slowest console in the race because blue ocean strategy is over.

Supposedly AT&T Verizon and Century Link have a plan to retire copper in 2022

DOOOOOOMED

Attached: 1535771737043.jpg (441x248, 15K)

Attached: 1558465020016m.jpg (1024x578, 44K)

What i heard is that the censorstation 5 is only 32% faster CPU and 48% fater GPU

there are still over 2 million people getting their internet service from AOL
a lot of rural areas don't have broadband, let alone fiber
not to mention companies are already complaining about the percentage of bandwidth being taken up by just streaming movies and tv
widespread 'gaming as a streaming service' is a pipe dream for the foreseeable future

Switch already outsold PS4. In Japan.

Attached: DzZ9mDKU8AEentT.png (720x447, 231K)

There's plenty of places in the US with incredible internet speeds. Prices are still ridiculous, though to be fair the US isn't a socialized economy so companies can get away with charging what people are willing to pay.
That said, if you really are so upset about it, start looking at your local politicians. They're the ones who let the cable companies keep their local monopolies, after all.

>cloud gaming
>the future of video games is not actually owning them.
This is the new "cinematic silky smooth" that will plague all of 2020-2029.

Video game industry is migrating into full communism mode.

cute

If you faggots weren't dumbass pirates, none of this would have happened.

That's cold comfort to those who don't live in such places. It's only been a couple years since my area got high speed internet - before that, downloading a big game could take the better part of a week.

Don't blame the pirates

Cloud gaming will always be inferior unless humanity can find something that travels faster than electricity

>travels faster than electricity
There nothing

>fuck the free market, we need communism to protect my financial well-being.
Software patents and copyright are fucking retarded. The moment console makers started using commercial brand components instead of designing their own hardware they're riding the welfare train.

If you make a product on an easily copied medium you reap what you sow. Innovate or fuck off.

Don't let physical reality get in the way of a good marketing strategy.

>sony fag not being a black
yikes

>The "Netflix of videogames" is going to kill sony
T-this isn't fair bros....