Played this for the first time

How is a 1998 game better than most modern games?

Attached: de.jpg (600x826, 77K)

>some old games are better than some newer games
woah...

quality game play has nothing to do with graphics or frame rate

>I like a game even if games were released after it
woah...

Liar.
When I bought that new the first thing I thought was "This looks like shit compared to Mario 64". The intro is way too long, horse travel is tedious and the dungeons are the same as all the Zelda games.

>user likes a game on Yea Forums of all places
woah...

I played it recently too, and while it's a great game, I think it's massively overhyped.

Attached: 1558363202342.jpg (2500x2972, 2.53M)

Most modern games are trash

>I like to wank off little boys
woha...........

>wahhhh games aren't chinese cartoons for incels anymore
literally have sex

Makes no sense since it is literally an improvement upon SM64's engine. Your contrarian attention seeking doesn't change facts, faggot.

No you didn't, you played a garbage basement bin remake done by a third-party "literally who" studio who took a big steaming shit on the original art style and made it look like a fucking Fable game. Oh yeah, and they're such a shit developer that they introduced even more bugs, lmao.

Attached: oot best game of all time.png (1312x916, 202K)

It did the thing first.

When I say an improvement, OoT literally used the same engine as SM64 but upgraded it, didn't it? That's what I've always heard. So it is literally impossible for it to look worse than SM64 when it is an upgraded version of the same engine.

>my parents are brothers
woah...

Most people unanimously agree the 3DS version of OoT is an upgrade in every way. I bet you can't even tell me why it's bad without using stupid buzzwords.

Attached: 1558351643240.jpg (4000x5333, 3.9M)

it's bad because they covered up ruto's tits

>I like a game when I play it to Lost Horizon
WOAH-OH-OH-AH-AH-AH-AAAA-HA-AH-AH-AH

OoT had larger areas and had to cut back on texture size. It looked really bad on the N64.

Attached: NINTENDO64--Legend of Zelda The Ocarina of Time .jpg (640x480, 59K)

>Played this for the first time
>How is a 1998 game better than most modern games?
I highly doubt you actually think this.

Attached: smithsonian_titanoboa_284.jpg (2048x1365, 666K)

Holy fuck imagine being this much of a fucking dumbass HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I already told you exactly why the steaming pile of shit is a steaming pile of shit you fucking smoothbrain.

Attached: Screenshot 2019-05-23 at 00.55.09.png (878x164, 33K)

>most

>posting some hacked version of the game
What did he mean by this?

Attached: how hyrule field actually looks you fucking dunce.jpg (1620x1080, 181K)

Seems reasonable to me. Nintendo games up to N64 had such amazing flow, you couldn't put them down. Nothing these days sucks you in like old Nintendo did.

>Horse travel is tedious
what, the 30 seconds of it you have to do from one end of the tiny world field to the next?

>the dungeons were the same as every other zelda game
the brand new never before seen in 3d dungeons were the same as the old SNES 2d dungeons?

The intro is long though.

do you really enjoy braindead "puzzles" with mediocre clunky combat and a shitty overworld with nothing to do on it?

>Game journalists are only valid opinions when they say good things about nintendo games

Attached: 1552829962341.gif (722x720, 1.67M)

I do not believe you bought it new.

>shitty overworld with nothing to do on it?

The overworld on the whole is more packed with stuff than most of the other games.

Thats not how it actually looks retard

He looks like a cross between PewDiePie and Paul Joseph Watson.

>empty circle with 0 monsters and 10 random poes scattered about

wooooah...........

>claims "most people" with no evidence WHATSOEVER
>gets butthurt when ACTUAL evidence that contradicts his bogus claims is presented
LMAO

Attached: laugh.jpg (1000x667, 81K)

This is why

Attached: 49169.jpg (225x350, 26K)

Attached: 1754581245672456.jpg (4032x2528, 1.03M)

Uh hu... Except that it censored a shit ton of pointless things and hindered the atmosphere.

Attached: 1511061875207.jpg (1077x383, 86K)

Thank you for the personal love note user I feel so touched

>Hyrule Field is 'the overworld'

I unironically agree that it is an upgrade - not in EVERY way, but overall - but it's impossible to voice this opinion on Yea Forums without getting attacked by the hivemind.

Attached: are you serious.jpg (1080x1347, 213K)

Soulless

Nostalgia bias and crowd mentality. OoT has always been that "perfect" game since always so that's the title it's kept. It's great but not some masterpiece unlike Majora's Mask

Are you retarded or something

>How is a 1998 game better than most modern games?
Because 1998 was the undeniable peak of video games, and devs still made very soul-ful titles.

Attached: 1998 in vidya.png (1464x752, 1.46M)

>I bet you can't even tell me why it's bad without using stupid buzzwords.
LOTS of censorship, and art-style, lighting and animation fuckups.

Attached: OoT 1.0 to 1.2 & 3DS changes and censorship.jpg (1068x668, 153K)

>all these games came out in the same century as Theodore Roosevelt and World War I
How can so much change in less than a century?

who hurt you

Moore's law happened.
Innovation and progress fueled MORE innovation and more progress. The pace's only now started to slow down, but major advances seem to still take place at least once a decade.

Attached: Internet's evolution 2007-14.jpg (900x2002, 827K)

Late 1990s was simply based AF.
The whole decade was some endless drumming of "NEXT GEN!!" (16-bit 2D, early 2.5D FPS games, true polygonal 3D, cartridges to discs, online gayming....).
And dem fucking games, man! I could practically live happily ever after with just this pic's offerings.

Attached: Some great 1997 - 1999 games v1.png (1784x1554, 3.52M)

It just is, user. Only haters deny it.

dunno, why don't you go spy on Nintendy's development center in Kyoto to find out WTF's wrong with them nowadays?

how would one even go about this, it's the only place I want to spy on just to see what's down the pipeline

Because it is the greatest game of all time.
Nuff said.

Attached: NEXT Generation 1998 - OoT & MGS1 cover & intro.jpg (3984x1800, 2.09M)

Lighting issues, yes. Lots of censorship, not really since most of it was done in a later N64 version that you showed in your image. The only changes I don't care for involve the well and Shadow Temple. Oh, and Ganon's transformation.

>even based Matt thinks that BOTW is better than OoT
Sorry OoTfags, you lost.

Attached: lereviewman.jpg (900x900, 32K)

Do you have any idea what you're talking about?

Boomer lies in the thread I played it and it was complete ass a couple of years ago

Attached: EE0FB1E6-2239-404F-A821-2C094C4423ED.jpg (784x277, 35K)

>most of it was done in a later N64 version that you showed in your image.
most of those actually only became a thing with the more obscure Game Cube port, which still doesn't justify it.
The general "Disney-fication" with pastel colors also doesn't click with the game, and everyone's movements are just floaty on 3DS version.

4 letters: S O U L

>this eceleb told me so!

Attached: 1558555417545m.jpg (1024x518, 10K)

My bad then. Either way, most of the changes don't bother me that much and I can play whichever version of the game I want easily enough, so there's that at least.

Matt is pretty much the least E-Celeb since he only cares about reviews and game criticism