Halo 3 or Halo 4

Which one Yea Forums ?

Attached: xbox-360-live-halo-3-and-halo-4-microsoft-video-games-.jpg (400x225, 18K)

There is no choice when it comes to the level design of one of the dullest franchises in the history of FPS franchises. Seriously each episode following the space marine and his pals from the UNSC as they fight assorted villains has been indistinguishable from the others. Aside from the slow gameplay, the series’ only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of mechanics, all to make movement molasses, to make bullets seem magnetic.

Perhaps the die was cast when Bungie vetoed the idea of Apple funding the series; they made sure the series would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody, just ridiculously profitable cross-promotion for directx. The Halo series might be anti-Christian (or not), but it’s certainly the anti-Perfect Dark series in its refusal of wonder, beauty and excitement. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to with 343i.

>a-at least the single player was good though
"No!"
The level design is dreadful; the single player was terrible. As I played, I noticed that every time I went for a walk, the designer instead put an un-involved corridor in my path.

I began marking on the back of an envelope every time a corridor was encountered. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. Bungie's mind is so governed by cliches and flat topography that they have no other style of gameplay. Later I read a lavish, loving review of Halo by the same Jason West. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these kids are playing Halo at 11 or 12, then when they get older they will go on to play Call of Duty." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you play "Halo” you are, in fact, trained to play Call of Duty.

Obviously 3

>Obviously 3
But 4 has better MP.

you forgot pic

Attached: F751444F-AD54-4992-8D7F-762A0CB0C979.jpg (602x792, 103K)

It really doesn't. It has a terrible map selection, ignoring all of the additional bullshit.

You've got to be a zoomer to pick any 343i dumpster fire.

>It has a terrible map selection, ignoring all of the additional bullshit.

4 has the best maps since 2 and has a better graphic style than the shitty BROWN AN BLOOM H3 style.

Underage please leave.

Whatever your game taste is, it's pure shit.

How is it possible to have opinions so bad? Are you actually factually retarded?

Halo 3

This unironically. Fuck Halo and FUCK Harry Potter

Oi grandpa, people who were born before 2001 are over 18 faggot

I don't think 4 or especially 5 are nearly as bad as they are made out to be

but there's absolutely zero fucking arguement that 3 isn't better then 4.

not at fucking all

>4 has the best maps since 2
Eh? I'd say 3 and 4's maps are on par with each other. Niether as good as 2, but way better then Reach's (and I like reach but it's maps are fucking shit)

>and has a better graphic style than the shitty BROWN AN BLOOM H3 style.
3 is colorful as fuck what the hell are you smoking?

Are you on crack?

4 has Haven, as well as arguably Adrift, and that's it for good maps that aren't ports.

autism

>if it was funded by Apple it would have been art
You make some good points but goddamn you gotta stop kissing shitty corporation ass

babby's first videogame

>the chad Bungie
>the virgin 343i

>3 is colorful as fuck what the hell are you smoking?
Not as colourful as either 2 or 4. Bungie, as a matter of fact, were trying to create a 'cinematic' visual style with 3 and ODST, as opposed to the usual 'fantastic' visual style Halo games are known for.

Are you? Was H3 your first game?

>user doesn't recognize the pasta

i dont even have to use a plagarism detector website for this one, chief.

Attached: 1545082312279.jpg (1075x1588, 179K)

of course he wouldnt recognise pasta, hes a dumb underage halonigger
zoom zoom somewhere else faggots

Hey Xbros there's a Halo MCC lobby up right now, message me for an invite

(No halo 4 just the trilogy)

Attached: Screenshot-Original (3)_20170427173018990.jpg (1001x615, 387K)

halo 2

actually, I'm a non-Halo-fan and ashamedly haven't memorized every copypasta.

I think your point about map design is full of shit, but I agree with you H3 is mostly brown. I don't like Halo 4's overly saturated colors either, though.

>Are you? Was H3 your first game?
I started with CE but I think you're getting Halo 3 confused with Halo: Reach.

>Campaign
I prefer the plot and events of Halo 3, especially as the culmination of the original trilogy. It was an extremely satisfying conclusion which these days is rarer than gold. Dual-wielding and the set-pieces were great too, like in The Storm and The Covenant.

However I do love the environments of Halo 4. Requiem looks really nice. Prometheans were an interesting new enemy but the Knights quickly became tedious bullet sponges.
Halo 4's sounds were better too. The weapons sounded really meaty and the assault rifle's blooming reticle made it much more viable.
Halo 4's plot was quite up and down. I liked the Didact's ominous return, Chief's tenuous reintegration with humanity, and losing Cortana. His posture is very emotive for someone wearing fully enclosed armour.
I hated the expansion on Forerunner history and the whole 'muh spartans are humanity's evolution and are a million year old secret Librarian plot'. That felt ridiculously contrived.
On the sidelines about the armour redesign. I prefer it in some ways, like the chestpiece and gauntlets. but there should be much less exposed undersuit.

>MP
Bah. Halo 3 was much better. Maybe it was the community. Everyone seemed more interested in having fun. Dual-wielding, hectic maps, and a universal starting loadout just seemed more conducive to fun multiplayer.
Halo 4's class system and armour abilities just seemed to made it less fun and more tedious.

Attached: Chief sad.jpg (1280x720, 74K)

That one has like 2 billion variants, I dont even remember if the Halo one is the original or just another clone

>Halo 4's sounds were better too. The weapons sounded really meaty and the assault rifle's blooming reticle made it much more viable.

user confirmed for being deaf. Halo 4 had the shittiest, most unrealistic gun sounds in the entire franchise. The BR didn't even sound like it shot bullets.

Hey Xbros, Halo MCC lobby is still up and I gotta say I'm disappointed nobody has asked to join yet!

3/8

Attached: Screenshot-Original (1).jpg (1920x1080, 1.19M)

It's a Yea Forums copypasta about Harry Potter.

Halo 3 is a halo game. So that one.

2>1>3>4

if you dont think 3 is best then you are just wrong and should leave

I'm pretty sure Halo 4 was the first one to record actual guns, though.

5 > anything else. Suck my fucking cock bungie trannies.

>tranny loving faggot
LOL FAGGOT

>nd the assault rifle's blooming reticle made it much more viable.

Except the AR maxed it's reticule bloom out in like 3 shots, you can't really effectively even burst fire with it. In Reach, which introduced the bloom, it was actually accurate enough where you could hit shit almost at mid range with 3-5 round bursts, and in 5 it's even more accurate without being as weak as reach's AR

4 used actual gun sounds you brainlet

I agree the result sounded shit though

>implying bungie still existed the second they shipped halo 3
>implying 343 doesn't go out of their way to hire trannies
2/10 got me to reply i guess

Attached: 1555263171618.gif (211x270, 2.63M)

Not him but 343 doesn't hire trannies and they permanently banned one.

Halo 2

Didn't Max Hoberman and Certain Affinity design H4's multiplayer?

Alright fags, you have 5 seconds to give me a good excuse as to why you aren't playing Halo with me and my friends from /hg/

Attached: 1555032082407.png (1483x1373, 1.01M)

thank you

>/hg/
That's why.

haah waaw

They made the majority of the maps. Certain Affinity sucks anyway. They've barely made any good maps in any of their games.