Smash ultimate leak

vocaroo.com/i/s0JL6GNBJCWA

Leaked victory theme for the second fighter pass character

thoughts on who it could be?

Attached: e0ce801b9ebc8461b238c4a7ee65095228f130aa69bf272f9289f9f533aad197.jpg (1000x562, 152K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=9AAwdTZA4HI
youtu.be/0wNx_C25BYg?t=27
youtube.com/watch?v=0wNx_C25BYg#t=28s
youtube.com/watch?v=M4qZTXMZw2o
youtube.com/watch?v=9IDVcwN86ko
youtube.com/watch?v=IDUEFgx5pdw
gamesradar.com/heres-what-you-need-to-know-from-nintendos-investor-qanda-new-online-switch-game-and-more/
youtube.com/watch?v=rNfFeTpN4T4
youtube.com/watch?v=y4VNZdsjveE
youtube.com/watch?v=ZiLZmfQVTOY
youtube.com/watch?v=xQacssmg4IA
youtube.com/watch?v=wO9q4H49cGA
youtube.com/watch?v=Yhqfd3DbzJw&t=2m12s
vocaroo.com/i/s0AC3wxMVrpf
youtube.com/watch?v=mRvwumM6Eao
vocaroo.com/i/s1w9bxMgybBI
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_highest-grossing_video_game_franchises)
vocaroo.com/i/s0csLTVJZnGn
youtube.com/watch?v=EWw0RSKQnoQ
twitter.com/franklez/status/1076911083909132289
youtu.be/i7R9nOXCWuU?t=275
youtube.com/watch?v=SU1jRF8OGDw
youtu.be/kvXuc9Z2paY
nintendoeverything.com/famitsus-top-50-favorite-video-game-characters/
sourcegaming.info/2018/06/20/smash-is-special-part-1-sakurais-famitsu-column-vol-557/
siliconera.com/2018/07/18/sakurai-has-concerns-for-the-next-smash-bros-but-he-isnt-thinking-about-it-for-now/
youtu.be/-L2MobSCjjY
youtu.be/AOnfnNYkSlY?t=337
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

source

Sounds a little long to be a win theme. Where did this come from? I don't see anyone talking about it.

IIIIIIIIMMMMM READY

It's way too fucking long to be a victory theme
but you have good taste user

counter point
youtube.com/watch?v=9AAwdTZA4HI

That's about double the length of Ult victory themes

That's way too long and doesn't sound like anything resembling the orchestra instruments of the other victories.

Joker's is a loop though. This one straight up has an end.

Even if it's bullshit now I wanna know if anyone can identify this song origin. Sounds like old arcade racing game.

Joker is the exception. His victory screen is taken from the games. No other Smash Bros character has a victory screen like his.

Cloud is also taken from his game and is longer.

youtu.be/0wNx_C25BYg?t=27

It's Reimu's theme from Touhou 9

youtube.com/watch?v=0wNx_C25BYg#t=28s

0:28

Attached: 1544274425437.jpg (1037x1450, 439K)

What franchise is it from?

Considering they picked Reimu's worst theme, I kind of believe it.

Oh, so it's bullshit as we tought.

The difference is that Cloud and Joker's themes are designed to loop. This song just goes on for 20 seconds and then has an ending. Unless OP is trying to imply that her ending animation is fucking 20 seconds long?

Nice joke user, but we all know what the real victory theme will be youtube.com/watch?v=M4qZTXMZw2o

>implying victory themes are 22 seconds long

Attached: flat,800x800,075,f.jpg (651x514, 18K)

If you wanna make a fake leak make it a 10-second triumphant remix of the title theme
Now fuck off

This is the real victory theme youtube.com/watch?v=9IDVcwN86ko

HHHYYYAAAUUUGGGGHHHH

Real leaker here
Like Joker, Reimu gets a special treatment for her victory screen
It's in the style of the Touhou fighters, with Reimu and her opponent's portraits appearing on each side with Reimu's victory quote in a dialog box at the bottom of the screen. She has a different quote for each fighter.
Under normal circumstances there's no music or victory screen played after the battle.
But if Reimu wins by using her final Smash then the Fantasy Heaven theme youtube.com/watch?v=IDUEFgx5pdw starts playing and subsides during the victory screen

Sounds neat, I don't believe you.
You're gonna need a lot of good evidence before I get prematurely hyped.

>Fuckin Touhou

Attached: Sakurais_Blessing.gif (333x174, 955K)

Nice try but I already know any evidence I give can identify me instantly. E3's pretty much around the corner anyways so why risk it?

>revealing Reimu at E3
You idiot. Her reveal is at summer Comiket along with Miku and Saber.

That sounds like an anti-climactic victory.

What you want to do is have a victory theme that ends in a quote (one or three for each fighter) and then after that the results come up. The results are important in a Victory Screen after all.

This is wrong. I have real insider information. I don't have much time before the ghost of Reggie licks me in the balls, so i'll make this quick with a convoluted riddle. The next character is the Monkey from the famous dole dippers commercial. as proof, check the game grumps channel in 15 days.

Attached: 1513135255488.png (324x304, 234K)

Why do people unironically believe anything from touhou has a chance? It has no connection to Nintendo as far as I know, and isn't the gameplay mechanics a space invader type game? Someone please educate me.

The video is 1 minute and 10 seconds;not a loop

Joker
Banjo and Kazooie
Leon Kennedy
Crash Bandicoot
Dark Souls rep
The 6th stage slot is a Minecraft stage

people expect the unexpected and people like Touhou. Touhou is on a Nintendo console so it has more of a connection than Joker at least. Touhou has its own official fighting games to base moves off of. Hope this helps.

Don't the results screen just cover the victory screen anyway?

Touhou has fighting games and the newest is getting ported to Switch. That makes it a bigger connection to Nintendo than Joker already.

>It has no connection to Nintendo as far as I know
That's a plus though:
gamesradar.com/heres-what-you-need-to-know-from-nintendos-investor-qanda-new-online-switch-game-and-more/
>So our aims are to keep working on them this year, to expand sales of these titles to new consumer demographics, and to keep selling these games for a long time, which is one of our strengths.

>It has no connection to Nintendo
Official mainline game got announced for switch days before Touhou 17's demo dropped.

Attached: substantiate.png (277x271, 5K)

Can you fuck off?

Nah the next victory theme is this

youtube.com/watch?v=rNfFeTpN4T4

>not the victory + level up dingles

Disgusting

The victory theme is a loop you autist.

They do, but they come after the victory screen. Just skipping the Victory would be very off. I was thinking Reimu would do it MvC 3 style with her animation followed by quote, then after that the results come up.

>Morseso than Joker
Persona Q2, November 2018 before Joker was revealed.

GUYS HOLY FUCKING SHIT!
SANS UNDERTALE FROM UNDERTALE CONFIRMED!1!1!1
|youtube.com/watch?v=y4VNZdsjveE

fucking based

youtube.com/watch?v=ZiLZmfQVTOY

HE'S IN

actual leaked victory music
youtube.com/watch?v=xQacssmg4IA

>Persona Q2 spinoff
Nobody gives a shit about those, meanwhile the fighting games are official mainline Touhou games.

Ppl really shouldn't buy into any leaks. Hitagi and vergeben flat out admitted they don't have a clear idea who the DLC characters are.

Stand back everyone my dad works for Nintendo here's the real leaked victory theme. He's in

youtube.com/watch?v=wO9q4H49cGA

Attached: d7hftxdivxxvm.cloudfront.net.jpg (1062x705, 63K)

>the reason why Reimu isn't leaked is because it was easy to keep negotiations under wraps since it's not with a big company
Yeah, I'm thinking she's in.

Attached: 1556950351898.png (820x511, 163K)

This is probably C-clays, or some doujin group so its probably fake.

That said it would be cool to see some doujin music artists get featured in smash somehow.

Vergeben seems to have a very clear idea that at least Erdrick is in.

I read one fake leak that mentioned Reimu's Smash remixes being done by doujin circles (a la ULiL) and thought that was pretty rad.

Then again I thought the leak of Mementos changing based on game music was fake too so who knows

Literally everyone and their mom has a very clear idea Erdrick is in. Virginben agreeing with a fucking datamine isn't revolutionary.

He claims some of his sources are saying that Erdrick is in the game. Verge thinks his chances are very good.

He said Erdrick before the datamine.

Vergeben is not a credible source friend.

>listening to Vergeben after Link's Awakening BTFO him in the most supreme way

Even though he said Ridley, Simon, Isabelle, Ken, and Incineroar would be characters and that Isaac was an assist? Even though he got TMNT in Injustice? Even after he guessed Cadence of Hyrule? Oh, but I'm sure it's a coincidence that some time after he claimed Erdrick, a name heavily linked to him was found in the code. This time he'll be wrong for sure, that way your favorite character can get in. Erdrick is leakbait just like Incineroar.

Attached: 23ae80b50425b4bb360ef8449cdfd26e8495fbd4v2_hq.jpg (735x515, 61K)

A broken clock is right twice per day. How convenient of you to forget the other times he was wrong

t. Hitagi

cursed image

Look, it seems that the way he gets his info is through a variety of sources. It seems that his Smash Bros sources have had very good accuracy. By this point, when he says something regarding Smash, it has a very high likelyhood of being true.

>The name "勇者" is ""heavily linked"" to Erdrick
I bet you would have said the same thing if the name in the code was "Person" or "Guy".

Attached: 1478348021001.jpg (425x283, 38K)

"The second Square rep was originally gonna be at the Game Awards but it was switched at the last minute for this very elaborate animated trailer for Joker with narration mentioning The Game Awards. That's all."

That literal who from dragon quest is not getting in. Screen cap this if you have to, erdrick is not in smash and you're retarded if you think he is. Literally a random slime has more chance at being in than some faggot protag from a game nobody has played

isn't Hitagi vouching him tho? or did he turn out to be another loz18

Charlotte fenia for smash!

Everyone is vouching for Erdrick

The only curse is the bad quality. Why the fuck is it so impossible to get some decent screenshots of this game.

actually he's wrong
more people think its connected to Banjo than Erdrick

It very much is heavily linked. The wikipedia page for that word even has a section dedicated to it's use in DQ, while mentioning no other series.

Attached: yuusha.png (1299x630, 1.07M)

Hitagi is on reddit trying to push away from him because of his recent rumors and regurgitating the same shit ERA insiders conspirate over Vergeben.

he's still trying to redeem himself after being wrong about his Atlus and Cygames rumors.

That's a very nice little jingle you made OP

Ah it would be nice, getting some well needed recognition for some of these doujin musicians would be appreciated since I feel some of them don't get as much attention as they deserve.

If Reimu gets in what re-arranges of what songs would you like to get in?

You have to be brave to play minecraft
when i was 10 i only played on peaceful

she cute

who's everybody?

even then, people are still wrong about Erdrick being the common connection.
the Banjo=Brave theory is more popular and favored

You're not serious are you? I'm finding it hard to believe that anyone would be this stupid.
You know it's not too late to say you're just pulling our leg and pretending to be retarded?

Attached: 1495048590067.png (246x200, 30K)

Attached: baito-kun.jpg (680x510, 59K)

>Zoro from One Piece is in SoulCalibur VI
>The new top-down Zelda game is 100% NOT a Link's Awakening remake
>Marvel vs. Capcom Infinite is going to have season 2 DLC, free apology DLC characters, and redone graphics/sound design
The guy clearly has SOME insider info but come the fuck on, he's inconsistent. You gotta take what he says with a grain of salt.

Attached: D3mvkRCUwAAFV5R.jpg (400x400, 28K)

Why? Because Banjo and Brave both start with a B? Arsene, or should I say Darsene?
>No Argument
I sleep.

Attached: sleepybrave.png (500x245, 237K)

YOUR DOLE DIPPERS

He also claimed Zarbon and Raditz would be in as Fighterz DLC, and we've had two seasons without them being anywhere.

YOUR COMPENHAGEN DIP MADAME

Hitagi is still saying Steve and Erdrick so

Still more reliable than people who say Brave is Banjo or some shit. If you don't believe Verge, then there's still Tansut, Xenother, Hitagi, Polarpanda, etc. If I were a betting man i'd go all in on Erdrick.

I WANT REIMU IN SMASH

Attached: 1537794311464.png (181x157, 26K)

Brave isn’t Banjo user

Yeah sorry man I was just pulling your leg, of course nobody is retarded enough to believe in that hypothesis
Don't reply to he's impersonating me

>Hi "I fucked up all my leaks disregard everything I've previously stated" tagi
Lol

*AHEM*
Can you all hear me? Good, Good. I've come to make an Announcement *Crowd goes wild* FUCK DISCORD TRANNIES AND FUCK LEAKFAGS, THAT'S RIGHT, AND FUCK YOUR SHITTY WISHLIST TURNED TEXT "LEAK" TOO

Attached: 1543216162133.png (1024x1024, 728K)

>Erdrick
I DON'T THINK SO

youtube.com/watch?v=Yhqfd3DbzJw&t=2m12s

Attached: I DONT THINK SO.jpg (1920x1080, 130K)

>Yuusha
He's in

Attached: gai.gif (186x400, 27K)

Where’d she say that? Last time I know of she’s still believing Steve and Erdrick

So, you've got a swelled head just because you killed my smalltime leak?

Based

>first result on Google when you type 勇者 on Google
HE'S IN he's fucking in this is irrefutable

Attached: The-Rising-of-Shield-Hero.jpg (702x336, 76K)

I'm expecting a selection of the 25 most popular 2u songs to get in, and of these the ones I'd love to see remixed the most are Pure Furies, Little Princess, Satori Maiden, Faith is for the Transient, and Secret God Matara

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-05-22 at 8.35.36 PM.png (971x702, 174K)

Who are all the smash insiders and what characters are they saying

>Beloved Tomboyish Girl isn't on this list
wtf

Erdrick

Didn't even notice, but I guess it's because none of the secondaries were there to vote for it. It ranked 31st if you're curious.

Beloved tomboyish girl's melody is fantastic but the original song isn't as good as the re-arranges make it out to be imo.

>Pure Furies is no 3
This pleases me immensely.

vocaroo.com/i/s0AC3wxMVrpf

>Vergeben- Erdrick and Minecraft content
>Tansut- Erdrick
>Hitagi- Erdrick and Steve
>Indie Gamer Chick (least credible person here)- Banjo and Steve I think
>Xenother- Steve and Erdrick
>PolarPanda- Steve and Erdrick
>Sabi- 50/50 on Banjo or Steve
Am I missing anything

Vergeben, Hitagi, Tansut, Polarpanda, Xenother, Sabi, and Papagenos are the only names i've heard, and not many of them have much info it seems, Some of them go back and forth between Minecraft stuff like Steve, Sabi seems unsure about that one though. Every single one of them are saying Erdrick is in though.

Attached: thebrave.jpg (302x167, 11K)

>PapaGenos insider
Yikes

Is he not? I don't know who he is, i've just heard him referred to as an insider before.

>Steve

Attached: scuse me.jpg (1920x1080, 139K)

>Papagenos
Let's just make this clear that dude is just a clickbait youtuber. He isn't even a fake "insider" like the others. He just talks about any random Yea Forums fake leak.

He’s some smelly smash YouTuber Leakfag

I just want this over with so we can all just move on to being disappointed and stop the shit posting.

Oh is that what that guy is? Ok, well let's disregard that one then. I've just heard his name a lot lately and that he said Erdrick was in, so I assumed he was some kind of insider. Why else would people talk about him, right?

> Erdrick
> Steve
> Leon Kennedy
> Lloyd Irving
Your DLC

but I like discussing the concept of Reimu in Smash

Sounds pretty good to me.

How many of these have actually said "I know for a fact X character is in" and not just "I think it's possible/pretty likely?"

Replace Leon with Phoenix Wright

would unironically take steve in exchange for Erdrick and Leon

Attached: 1483156370246.png (271x251, 105K)

>Why else would people talk about him, right?
It's just because he's made himself a hub for all of these Smash "leaks", so a lot of people hear that kind of stuff through him now.

>Vergeben- 100%Erdrick and 100% Minecraft content
>Tansut- 100% Erdrick
>Hitagi- 100% Erdrick and Steve
>Indie Gamer Chick (least credible person here)- 100% (mostly banjo but she also said Steve was in the fighter pass) Banjo and Steve I
>Xenother- 100% Steve and Erdrick
>PolarPanda- 50% Steve and 100% Erdrick
>Sabi- 50/50 on Banjo or Steve

The only one I know for certain about is Vergeben, who seems extremely certain about Erdrick. Everyone else I am not sure what they've said about how sure they are as evidence by the fact that I didn't even know who Papagenos was. The ones that aren't Vergeben are just names I've heard repeated a lot.

Ah, that makes sense. Well I appreciate the clarification on him.

That doesn't really help me when you're not actually quoting them. You just copypasted your previous comment with "100%" slapped on the end of each line

You asked for their stances and I gave you their stances

>Brave=Banjo theory is more popular and favored
Yeah to delusional Banjo faggots
Sakurai said only relevant characters for the DLC
Spencer flat out isn't under any NDA
Microsoft has more popular and recognizable characters than Banjo. Characters that would reel in more money from the Fighters Pass.

Don't reply to me

Well now I'm asking for quotes

STOP

Attached: B7F23722-699D-4096-86C6-7597049E2DBB.jpg (601x496, 76K)

Neener neener neener.

Is that just for him, or is nobody allowed to reply? Can I reply to say that this is pretty much correct?

>Lloyd
ay yo my grandpa's named is lloyd lmao who da fuck is that from some atari game shiet who dat hahah you just made up some name didn't yeah nigga shit

Attached: 1554486877643.gif (180x180, 1.33M)

Attached: FE3C8E2F-815C-4B04-983D-FD18CBD46518.png (721x1198, 817K)

>Spencer flat out isn't under any NDA
I need an example on that one.

Nigger nigger chicken dinner

youtube.com/watch?v=mRvwumM6Eao

Attached: 1536069751678.png (1230x1230, 631K)

>Half a year of the stevezoomer/banjoboomer war
No matter who wins, as a Bombermanfag, I will remain eternally BTFO

Attached: latest[1].jpg (252x479, 19K)

Shiet nigga grandia is old as fuck no one remembers that game how the fuck is he gonna get in haha I called my friend into this room and we looked at your post he thinks your stupid too hahah get fucked nigga no one wants your fucking 90 Playstations guy in smash after cloud hahah

You caused this poor Banjofag to have a seizure

Steve is gonna win if we’re being logical

Attached: DF731397-7B26-4A48-97C0-75E44A58BA41.png (480x1080, 11K)

Could be worse, neither could show up in the game in any capactiy, then it will be us who gets the last laugh

Digger nigger
Rigger nigger
Bigger nigger

Bigger Rigger

Attached: 220px-Big_Rigs_-_Over_the_Road_Racing_Coverart.png (220x312, 175K)

Erdrick & Slime
Sora
Rayman
Steve

Even though I've never played any of their games, I think this would be a good pick

nigger nigger chicken dinner

I wish I knew.

Hey can you stop saying the n word! This is why people think we’re meanies!

Dragon Quest
Resident Evil
Tales of Symphonia
Ninja Gaiden

>No Microsoft rep
Imagine the fallout

Attached: 1551845348743.png (700x480, 40K)

I’m not sorry

Attached: 2DFB06BE-5849-47CB-A0DB-D730B0092CD3.png (375x531, 585K)

You aren't wrong

Banjoids are literally the only ones who actually care. Stevies are just in it for the shitposting

HOLY SHIT BROS

vocaroo.com/i/s1w9bxMgybBI

The absolute worse ones have to be the pc-98 purist crowd. You'll know one by the fact that they won't shut the fuck up about Vintage Computers from Japan.

At least he's an assist. Banjo will get nothing.

Unironically need this

man people not recognizing this just shows how painfully mediocre PoFV's soundtrack was. What standouts even came from it? Flowering Night and Lord Usa's Elemental Flag? Even the final boss theme is mediocre

I want Steve unironically

>phoneposting
>normiebook meme
Checks out

This kid is gonna be so happy when Steve gets in

Attached: 1BDF4D64-7944-4636-8702-FBEF61C396A2.jpg (517x403, 71K)

Prepare for the meltdowns when he gets confirmed at E3

People will get over it

The model swaps will help.

Attached: 1543475245059.jpg (1024x576, 42K)

>cereal box bandicoot
PPOOOOOOOOPPPYYYY CCCOOOOWWWWWAAABBUUUNNGGGAAA!!!! ahem sorry for losing my composure fellow redditors
no movepool or music potential; but, at least we could get pic related in

Attached: ada3.jpg (622x900, 312K)

>2 characters that nobody predicted, added just for the sake of being "surprising" like Joker was
>1 super popular requested character that everyone will overact over and then barely anyone will actually play
>1 character that would cause an outcry of anger when revealed

One of those is Steve

All of those are steve

>Nintendo ever choosing banjo over Minecraft

Literally one of the most popular characters in Japan, continue seething
> 1. Mario (Donkey Kong) (Nintendo) (Playable)
> 2. Pikachu (Pokemon) (Nintendo) (Playable)
> 3. Kirby (Kirby's Adventure) (Nintendo) (Playable)
> 4. Hatsune Miku (Vocaloid) (Crypton) (N/A)
> 5. Saber (Fate/Stay Night) (Type-Moon) (N/A)
> 6. Reimu Hakurei (Touhou) (ZUN) (N/A)
> 7. Shimakaze (Kantai Collection) (Kadowaka) (N/A)
> 8. Marisa Kirasame (Touhou) (ZUN) (N/A)
> 9. Yoshi (Super Mario) (Nintendo) (Playable)
> 10. Luigi (Super Mario) (Nintendo) (Playable)
> 11. Cloud Strife (Final Fantasy) (Square) (Playable)
> 12. Solid Snake (Metal Gear) (Konami) (Playable)
> 13. Slime (Dragon Quest) (Square) (N/A)
> 14. Sora (Kingdom Hearts) (Square) (N/A)
> 15. Link (Legend of Zelda) (Nintendo) (Playable)

HE'S IN, BOYS

Attached: YES.jpg (1920x1080, 172K)

Oh man, these fucking rules are popping up a lot. Glad Sakurai doesn't follow these fan made rules.

*ahem*
FUCK STEVEFAGS, FUCK BANJOFAGS, AND FUCK LEAKFAGS, THE INVADERS ARE COMING:
>Has a great history with Nintendo (Many titles and ports have been released on consoles such as the NES, SNES, N64, Game Boy, GBA, DS, and Wii)
>Space Invaders is one of the most mainstream video game franchises of all time, and is instantly recognizable even to the average normalfag
>Space Invaders is the #6 highest-grossing video game franchise of all time, with Pac-Man, Mario and Pokemon being the only Smash-represented franchises above it (en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_highest-grossing_video_game_franchises)
>Would represent Taito, who already have their foot in the door thanks to their help in composing one of the tracks featured in Ultimate
>Would represent the SHMUP genre
>On top of that, is essentially the grandfather of the SHMUP genre
>Would have unique moveset potential
>Gamewise the franchise is still relevant, with its latest title Space Invaders Frenzy being released in 2017
>Fits the criteria of being an "unexpected choice new to Smash", which is what the Fighter's Pass lineup has been described to be like
>Would appeal both to the East and the West
>Franchise recently celebrated its 40th anniversary, would be perfect time for a reveal

Attached: wakey wakey.png (552x492, 101K)

Nah.

They're not fan made rules if they come from Nintendo themselves

Attached: smas dlc.png (1564x888, 572K)

>Kantai Collection closing in
I can't believe Touhou is reclining

Keep telling yourself that.
If anything this actually disproves Minecraft's inclusion.

>vocaroo
Nice try, user.

I don't know what the fuck that is, but holy shit you just graced my ears.

>It has no connection to Nintendo as far as I know

So? Joker was put in.

You know it’s true

Attached: 1553711553563.jpg (455x500, 41K)

If Minecraft was so big on Nintendo's radar and they were chomping at the bits to get it included, it would have been in the base game. Like all the leakers said it would be.

If anything it strengthens Minecraft, keep crying Banjoke

Real leaker here, THIS is your next DLC character. Enjoy.
vocaroo.com/i/s0csLTVJZnGn

The only rules are these, since Sakurai made official statements about them in interviews during past & current Smash games
> 1. Characters from a series that has no future are rarely chosen
> 2. Fighters that switch models are a different matter."
> 3. Even if a character is unique, if they overlap with other characters and aren't unique as a fighter, they are rejected.
> 4. In order to fit the character into the world of Smash, I need them to allow me some artistic license.
> 5. It might be something like a courtesy to include a character whose franchise has gaming history
> 6. The character must display personality in their game
> 7. It’s important to have something that ONLY the character can do
> 8. Potential development issues, and game balance is also taken into some consideration
> 9. There are some characters that can’t join the battle, even if they meet the qualifications
> 10. Is the character the representative character for their respective Source Material
> 11. The character must have something inherently unique about them
But again they only apply to 3rd Party characters

If banjo was on Nintendo’s radar why isn’t he in base roster?

E3

Attached: 788c6ca357f87c58be1d59213a352bdb.jpg (1191x670, 170K)

My pick got in since Brawl. Keep projecting.
>NINTENDO'S GONNA WANT ALL THE MONEY MINECRAFT WOULD MAKE THEM
When Minecraft is free and available on phones and tablets. And most of the profit would be going to Mojang. And you know, all these fucking false dates of reveal aren't helping you.

Attached: Weh.png (401x300, 206K)

Did I fucking say Banjo in ANY of my fucking posts, you fucking faggot?

I'd gotta admit, he would probably be a bigger shitpost character than Steve after the Bloodborne incident

Minecraft isn’t free on tablets

>1 character that would cause an outcry of anger when revealed

Attached: 1531098044213.png (960x960, 786K)

It fucking is. And if it's not, it's fucking 10 dollars for your ASMR block placing simulation that has no fucking place in Smash.

please...stop...

Attached: megam.jpg (250x131, 4K)

Thank goodness silly Banjokers such as yourself don't get to decide what has a place in Smash.

Oh, what's this?
*rips the invitation out of your paw*

Yeah, I don't think you'll be needing this!
Cope harder Kringezooey, see you at E3!

Attached: banjo fit.webm (960x540, 1.12M)

>Even if a character is unique, if they overlap with other characters and aren't unique as a fighter, they are rejected.
>The character must display personality in their game
>It’s important to have something that ONLY the character can do
so Erdrick's out

Banjo and Steve are out

Source? I usually expect much more Final Fantasy from japans lists.

>Characters must have something only they can do
Steve's out. Since you know. He'd just be Square Toon Link.

Obsessed

Yeah, leave out the part where Sakurai says "these aren't rules per se, but more guidelines".

Also you've taken a fair amount of liberties in paraphrasing these Banjoke.

Can we see some references buddy?

Wow. I see why Banjo fags stay on /vr/ now. You little faggots are retarded. Stare at my main's ass.

Attached: WAAAAAA.png (592x270, 196K)

He's in

Attached: Princekatamari.png (453x667, 131K)

*abducts the invitation into our mothership*
See you at E3, puny Stevelings!

Attached: 61+DHnB1O9L._SL1456_.jpg (1456x1224, 67K)

Hmmm, now that you mention it, I can't think of any characters that can build blocks!

And what exactly unique things would Banjo do other than having his girlfriend poop out eggs...oh wait that's already been done hahahaha silly Banjoke.

Attached: 1558142025241.png (600x600, 407K)

>rules
A
FUCKING
PLANT

>Invaderfags think they have a chance
So where is that Switch game? AHA- oh wait it isn't nice to laugh. See you at E3 friends

Attached: file.jpg (377x512, 23K)

Yeah, I don't blame them. Nostalgia bait like Banjo is better fit on a board full franchises with no future!

No problem Invaderchad!
I got a million of these things. Glad to see you'll be joining me on the fighter pass!

Attached: 1541282228181.png (1920x1920, 2.1M)

You aren't fooling anyone, Banjoke.

Yeah, I remember when Yoshi was held like a gun and spat eggs out of his mouth.
Minecraft has less of a future. It's stagnating.

Keep projecting.
youtube.com/watch?v=EWw0RSKQnoQ

decently veiled shitpost

8/10

>I got a million of these things
Spotted the criminal. Enjoy life behind bars, counterfeiter.

Attached: 24063.png (750x650, 23K)

So not Steve
> 3. Even if a character is unique, if they overlap with other characters and aren't unique as a fighter, they are rejected.
So not Steve
> 4. In order to fit the character into the world of Smash, I need them to allow me some artistic license.
So not Steve
> 5. It might be something like a courtesy to include a character whose franchise has gaming history
So not Steve
So not Steve
So not Steve
> 8. Potential development issues, and game balance is also taken into some consideration
So not Steve
> 9. There are some characters that can’t join the battle, even if they meet the qualifications
So Steve.
> 10. Is the character the representative character for their respective Source Material
So not Steve
So not Steve.

Attached: A yikes from Mumbo.png (297x419, 103K)

>Minecraft has less of a future. It's stagnating.
Good joke Banjo.

You realize Minecraft has been in the top sellers list on the Switch eshop literally every week since it came out, not just in the US but also in Japan?

You're not helping Banjo's case with that level of delusion buddy.

Attached: number 1 baby.png (1131x260, 112K)

>Erdrick

Attached: shhh.gif (310x262, 260K)

STEVE. ALWAYS. WINS

Attached: 1550994363864.png (960x540, 328K)

Too long to be a victory theme. Trash faker.

Then how come it's not in Smash already? 3rd party characters get into Smash at the base roster all the time.

banjie, banjie, vag is sandy.

Saber, Kiryu Kazama, Banjo, Sans

Steve pictures are purposefully made to enrage the viewer, and I have no idea why.

Stevey Stevey, cope and seethey.

Obviously they're saving the best for last little buddy!

Attached: 1539064215559.png (743x417, 215K)

I want to laugh at the dumb-bear posters; but, you have crossed the line! Kawamomi is perfect!

>banjo

Attached: aguyawn.gif (541x482, 1.71M)

Nah.

All waifu baits are the property of Steve.

Attached: 1552543736530.png (790x1080, 617K)

Leave Kawakami alone.

Attached: 1549419565996.jpg (695x897, 421K)

>most of the results here aren't even erdrick
based retard refuting his own points

This just proves that Chief is in.

Attached: EB895A78-3998-4A33-8B94-8D2F1AD44D99.jpg (1920x1080, 157K)

BASED LEONCHAD

Attached: Goku.jpg (800x368, 66K)

Taito's gonna keep milking THIS cash cow as long as they can.
> 2. Fighters that switch models are a different matter.
Won't be a problem.
Pretty sure Smash doesn't have a retro alien as a fighter yet.
Go nuts, Sakurai.
Without them, 95% of Smash's roster wouldn't even exist! Not to mention, how many characters could say that their game kickstarted a whole game genre?
"Ruthless but weak monsters" seems like an interesting enough personality to me.
Constantly floating? Check. Alien abduction? Check. Being able to shoot projectiles without a weapon? Checkamundo.
This is probably the only obstacle, to be fair.
I don't see how Sakurai would pass up one of gaming's most important enemies.
What do you think?! The game's literally named after them!
See 7. Also, a unique bodytype and being from a unique company (Taito) definitely helps.

Attached: 62.jpg (590x703, 91K)

Why the hell would Nintendo basically just put the name of the character in the files then?
Joker was Jack and Plant was Pakku, right? Those aren't super obvious "oh it's just this character" names.

It's literally the word "Brave" in Japanese. The fact that he is so reoccurring for a supposedly generic word is what's so telling.

Attached: yusha.png (417x142, 5K)

in other words, he's in

Attached: Elite_Knight_by_nigelemack_d6odakx.jpg (777x960, 324K)

twitter.com/franklez/status/1076911083909132289

based Invaderposter

we Geniebros have got your back

Attached: pretty.jpg (1920x1080, 155K)

Brave is more likely to be Banjo.
Erdrick is just TOO obvious.

Attached: brave banjo.png (631x396, 74K)

*spins into you at mach 532*
*gets Super Aku Aku*
*runs into you and one shots you*
*takes your invitation*
WOAH!

Attached: Skinwalker.jpg (255x223, 14K)

WHY DOES IT HAVE TO BE A FUCKING CODENAME
WHY CAN'T IT JUST BE OBVIOUS

Attached: 1521234397169.jpg (435x372, 25K)

>new merch
yup he's in

Attached: Figma-Space-Invader-Proto-001.jpg (800x1195, 85K)

>Invaderchad!
Why do you fags always suck up to other fan groups?

I mean, people have been saying Pakku was super obvious for PP even though it isn't its name. Pakku is the onomatopoeia for a chomping sound, but people spoke as though it was just its name. If Erdrick was added to the files regularly without being hidden, he would either be called Yuusha, or Roto. The fact that people like still argue that Brave can't be Erdrick shows that it worked as a codename. The codenames aren't all that obtuse after all. If Doyle had been known before Arsene was shown, people would have easily guessed Joker.

see

Attached: 1557674733349.jpg (1080x1088, 152K)

>implying its not the Bandai Namco rep

Attached: GaoGaiGar_Hell_and_Heaven.png (640x480, 325K)

because dataminers

And yet, despite all that "fame," he's still not even half of all those results.

* "Yoink~! Sorry, blockhead. Frisk and I have other plans. Begone. Go back to your diamonds, you insignificant eyesore." =)

Attached: 1556176675740.png (500x500, 55K)

>people arguing that Brave is a bad codename means it's actually a good codename

Attached: IM LOSING TO A BLOCK.jpg (1920x1080, 151K)

It's called being FRIENDLY banjoid. I guess that concept is beyond bearniggers though.

joker's folder wasn't literally called joker. arsene's folder wasn't wasn't literally called arsene.
roy and ryu got leaked well in advance by dataminers last time, and presumably sakurai is trying to stop that from happening again.

Haha very funny. Here’s the latest win theme.
youtu.be/i7R9nOXCWuU?t=275

Attached: 59C9EB5C-7EA7-4D08-B442-CDD5761CF8C0.jpg (976x819, 85K)

*tink* *tink*
ATTENTION
ATTENTION
now I know it is early to spoil the surprise but I just need to give a toast to my good friend Ryu. Now I know how you are wondering who you will be fighting next, but low and behold it's me!Be wary, I'm packing my "Brave" style this time! Now a toast!
and remember
FUCK PLATES
FUCK BANJOFAGS
AND ABSOLUTELY FUCK STEVEFAGS
*spills Mega potion on face*

Attached: file.png (600x700, 202K)

Jack has nothing to do with Joker.

>cereal box mascot bullshit
bros...Mario will never get in now...

Attached: get fucked.jpg (522x522, 59K)

>Dark Souls rep

Attached: message rated.png (289x289, 156K)

>agumon

Attached: Mametchi_sleepy.gif (300x400, 927K)

>everyone who doesn't want steve wants banjo
paranoia is setting in

Attached: Benson.jpg (470x419, 37K)

>I mean, people have been saying Pakku was super obvious for PP even though it isn't its name.
You realize it's called the Pakkun Plant in Japan right?

>HEY, BLOCKY BOY! MINECRAFT MAN! YOUR WORST NIGHTMARE HAS ARRIVED!
>PACK UP YOUR STUFF!
>I have a little surprise for you...
>Check it out! What do you think about this?
>You got real time moves, my own lush organic stage, songs from my N. same trilogy...
>How does it make you feel buddy?
>Does it make you feel like your days are numbered?!?

Attached: 73908247-2DC3-42C3-8F7C-9E1B25C4B5C9.jpg (1280x720, 114K)

I just want them to reveal the 2nd character already, fuck waiting on E3.

Attached: BrockLesnarTrump.png (1200x675, 1.43M)

Yes, it's called Pakkun Flower, not Pakku.

Attached: jack frost am i gonna have to smack a hee ho.png (300x340, 93K)

Frank is a known lier. I wouldn't be surprised if he's trying to mislead people

based Crashchad

>Reimu

OOOOOOTIIIIIIIIIS

>Mametchi

Attached: 284B5254-8AD6-40B1-AFDB-81541AE483F2.jpg (795x900, 171K)

And you're telling me Pakku isn't a dead giveaway for Pakkun Flower?

Attached: 1445765400761.gif (200x220, 1.09M)

>This level of mental gymnastics
Screencapped, you banjokes are going to be in tears when E3 rolls by.

youtube.com/watch?v=SU1jRF8OGDw

Calm down Crashbros! There's plenty of space on the fighters pass for you. You actually deserve it unlike the nostalgia bear. Me and Erdrick saved a seat for you. Now who is going to take the last spot I wonder?

Attached: 1557979125486.png (1110x831, 722K)

Yeah, tears of happiness

Attached: 1558370612123.png (510x546, 15K)

they are going to reveal Steve in a new Direct next week. trust me my dad works for Nintendo.

>klonoa

Attached: dagalza-100d042b-7eec-48e2-bf27-8285fd03107f.png (536x690, 436K)

Crashchads don't want your suck up bullshit.
Take Gohan Jr. and go back to your discord, tranny.

Attached: Starman.png (443x370, 27K)

Otisfag retired since he dedicated himself to sucking tranny cocks

Attached: 1529719150915.gif (374x133, 1.38M)

I want a DQ rep in just for the Gohanposting

Attached: file.jpg (480x360, 18K)

If PP wasn't announced yet, but Joker was, how many people would have guessed it was PP? Pakku is the onomatopoeia for a chomping sound, it could have been any character associated with chomping, like KC Munchkin, or that thing from Munchables. Pakku is where the name Pac-Man originates from for example, so if we new Jack was Joker, but not Pakku is PP, people could have guessed Dig-Dug for Pakku in association with Pac Man for example. Seems like a stretch, but so his most of the shit people are coming up with for Brave.

>mametchi

Attached: ssbu-spirits.jpg (1280x720, 74K)

Attached: 1558385717859.gif (498x498, 737K)

Sad!

Attached: 15296862366378.jpg (700x979, 284K)

Agreed. There's nobody else Brave could be except Banjo at this point.

Attached: 1543110526583.jpg (640x569, 34K)

sounds like the og fzero ost a little bit

>new direct next week
>when it's literally almost E3
how fucking daft are you

just like he said Minecraft would be represented in the game, oh wait no... it was a Minecraft boss would be in the game, oh wait no... it was....

also its cute he magically can get info on this DLC character yet couldn't even get PP or Joker

you're not getting in, so SIT DOWN

Attached: SIT DOWN.jpg (1920x1080, 141K)

I want Reimu just so I can see how many shitty reaction videos there are where they have no idea who she is.

So you want them in for memes.
There's only one reason to want a character in that's more shallow than this, and that's wanting them in to spite someone else.

I fucking knew it. I fucking knew there were no genuine DQ fans on here.

Hopeless Masquerade's popularity system was actually interesting.

>more shallow
I got the characters I've wanted in the base game. Whatever makes me laugh the most is ass I care about for DLC. I already won

Yeah, imagine wanting a character because you want to have some lighthearted fun instead of satisfying 20 years of obsessive rosterfagging autism.

Attached: 1558410508552.png (1147x1372, 310K)

honestly if Touhou ever was getting into smash I wouldn't doubt they'd ask some doujin circles to create remixes. that's like a core part of Touhou fighting games.

Attached: 1546712629132.jpg (1920x1440, 279K)

Shut the fuck up fake fan.

>So you want them in for memes.
memes are honestly a better reason than just wanting a character to check off another box on the rosterfag list.

Reminder that the DQ/Erdrick supporters are LITERALLY all Discord Stevefags

Jesus Christ just look at how many people in this thread hate these two characters. Its pathetic and it really shows that kind of autists we're dealing with. Half of these people probably don't even play the game and are only desperately hoping that their hildhood mascots come back from the grave. These two are getting in and I'm afraid of what this board will turn into for the final two characters.

Fake fan?
I think you're the fake fan around here.

You keep telling yourself that.

Think about it this way: If said character gets in, said "rosterfagging autism" would finally die, instead of raging on until the next game. Wouldn't you rather these people finally be placated and left to sleep instead of continuing to stink up Smash threads with their begging?

Attached: 1553391078512.gif (476x349, 159K)

Source: your ass

Attached: I0bieoh.png (630x695, 284K)

Dragon Quest has existed for longer than Minecraft you know.

YOU DON'T PLAY DRAGON QUEST YOU FUCKING NIGGER. YOU DON'T CARE ABOUT ERDRICK AT ALL.

What ever happened to that weird shit Sakurai did by making japan and america’s Smash commercias reverse of each other?

It really is. It's actually pretty concerning because it means that either A) This board is filled with underages or B)Something I don't want to think too much about because of how disturbing it is.

Did it die when Ridley got in? Did it die when K. Rool got in?

Yeah, Rosterfagging autism knows no ends. There's no character that can get in that will stop it from happening. People will just move on to the next echo chamber pick and "campaign" for that never-ever. It's a neverending cycle.

And you're telling me having some fun with memes is the problem? Get fucked Robuttnik, I used to think you were cool. Those faggots will never be placated. They're always going to be stinky. They're always going to be begging for something. You should know this.

Attached: 1540682625291.gif (1093x615, 463K)

>Every popular ""leak"" character but no Steve
You're just outing yourself, go back to your discord

Attached: file_1.png (1049x81, 16K)

Real Talk: If western 3rd parties characters don’t make it as DLC during Nintendo’s E3 direct, will you finally give up & admit that they will never be playable in Smash?

Erdrick lacks personality though

Attached: IMG_2596.jpg (3264x2448, 2.62M)

The Grinch really made me despise these fags. It's why they wriggle and squirm when you mention it to them. Because they let their nostalgia blind them into retardation. Now that banjos the only one left it's why they all latched on to him

No because then I get to prod buttblasted tirades out of you for an eternity, weeblet-kun

>homebrew 3ds
>download game for free
Not impressed

Nah, rules change all the time

>Erdickfags aren't Stevefa-

>moving goalposts
Cope

Now show your playtime

Prove me wrong then, faggot. Post your save

>ctrl+f
>Super Macho Man
>0 results
That's some bogus, dude.
youtu.be/kvXuc9Z2paY

Attached: 1556482136020.png (947x644, 651K)

...You literally just outed yourself as a Stevefag.

Attached: 4a4.gif (444x444, 2.56M)

My top 4 picks are

-Reimu
-Phoenix Wright
-2B
-The Knight (Hollow Knight)

Why is everyone so resistant to Erdrick? I mean I know no one WANTS it to happen but that's exactly why it will, have you all learned nothing from Smash reveals in the past? Japan fucking worships the ground Dragon Quest is printed on and Sakurai would get to shit on fans of the series as well as everyone else by putting another generic swordsman in instead of the iconic Slime.

I've already resigned myself to it happening.

>my most wanted characters were Bomberman, a Rhythm Heaven character, Hat Goomba, Eggman, and Kiryu
>literally all of them were deconfirmed
Everyone please dab on me because I'm the biggest fucking loser this time around

Attached: 1537810555169.gif (118x118, 20K)

Inb4 "y-you didnt beat it yet! Doesnt count"

Steve and Erdrick are both the heroes of this fighters pass, nothing to be ashamed of

Attached: IMG_2597.jpg (3264x2448, 2.56M)

Reimu would get Maiden's Capriccio or something from EoSD as a victory theme and you know it

>If said character gets in, said "rosterfagging autism" would finally die

Attached: youserious.gif (400x260, 1.83M)

Well first of all, E3 is a mostly WESTERN event and Erdrick is a nobody in America. It doesn't make sense.

Now that I think about it, you do present a fair point, in that there will always be a new character to replace older ones. But the thing is, I'm honestly wanting this """duel""" between Steve and Banjo to end. I legitimately miss roster speculation during Ultimate's initial reveal, it was unironically better when everyone was battling each other over their personal wants, instead of participating in some harebrained "Microsoft wars." I really hope Smash 6's speculation goes back to those "every man for themselves" rosterfagging, it's tiring seeing only two characters being shitposted back and forth when it'd be much more entertaining to see everyone at each other's throats over who the next character will be.

Attached: TCH.png (119x119, 21K)

I want it to happen. Erdrick is cool as hell. The entire first 3 games were about how cool he was. I think a lot of people here are resistant to him simply because he's the most likely and not the one they wanted specifically. Any time I brought up his possibilities before the leak stuff, I got a lot of dismissal saying Geno would get in before him, but I rarely saw a ton of vitriol.

Fair enough, you're one of the 10 people who want Erdrick and have played a DQ game

E3 is still a big event where most stuff gets announced, and it's going to be streamed to Japan in Japanese. When would you think a better time could be to announce him?

>I really hope Smash 6's speculation goes back to those "every man for themselves" rosterfagging
Smash 6's speculation is going to be devolve into "so who is going to get cut?" It's gonna make the Steve vs Banjo war look like a friendly rivalry in comparison.

Yeah because Joker being revealed at a Western game awards event made a whole lot of sense too, right?

As a DQ fan I can say that's pretty true. 98% of Erdrick shitposters haven't even beaten DQ III, much less any DQ game.

>Why is everyone so resistant to Erdrick?
let's see:
>completely unknown outside of japan
>not even the most popular dragon quest character in japan - slime is unironically more popular than any of the heroes, including erdrick
>boring and redundant in a game that already has too many anime swordsmen
>wasn't talked about or supported at all until he got mentioned in fake "leaks"
>some people might not be happy with squeenix getting another character when they were so stingy with cloud
not hard to see why people don't like the idea. i personally DON'T see it happening, because it's just not worth it to put up with square's bullshit all over again for a character that's only well-known in one country.

Difference being Persona 5 was recieved extremely well in the west

and at least over half of the Banjo supporters are zoomer bandwagoners who learned about the game from their favorite youtube e-celeb

Attached: 1557895212128.png (820x331, 217K)

You should play DQ if you haven't. The remakes on the 3DS are kino. It's a solid series, Smashfags need to learn to cope.

people in the West actually know who Joker is, hence all the fucking reaction videos from Persona 5 fanboys

Persona is actually popular over here in the West. Dragon Quest is not.

persona has a sizable western fanbase. dq does not.

I'd rather have Bildrick honestly

Attached: 497px-DQB_Hero_Pose.png (497x600, 269K)

Not him, but I could see it happening cause it will do wonders to promote a game that Nintendo will be publishing in the west on the Switch, and Erdrick is still the most popular hero in Japan.

Attached: DragonQuestXIPS46_thumb-1.jpg (554x314, 46K)

actually the music doesen't loop at any point

they could promote dqxi s with an actually popular and interesting character instead.

Attached: slime.png (301x276, 91K)

Yeah. IN JAPAN. If SE really wants to market the newest entry in the series they'd probably get that Android 17 lookin asshole in instead to promote it.

>The absolute meltdown on Yea Forums if a meme character like Steve or Reimu gets in
I can't wait

They picked Joker instead of Jack Frost and they Picked Cloud instead of Chocobo. The Japanese will be ecstatic to see Roto.
Erdrick will age better. They got Cloud instead of Noctis for instance. Erdrick is still a popular character after all this time, it's too soon to know if Luminary will still be popular in the future. Besides, 11 had tons of references to 3, and Erdrick himself was even in the ending as the last thing you see. Luminary himself even gets the title of Erdrick.

Attached: erdrickcollagetwo.jpg (901x1039, 237K)

don't forget this guy

Attached: erdrick.jpg (977x608, 180K)

> the character must display personality in their game
This would literally have fucking ruled out Link.

>Erdrick will age better
He won't. He'll just be seen as "Goku with a sword". Normies will make DBZ jokes and call him an anime swordsman. And he'll be forgotten in a few weeks specifically because of that.

The roster is Erdrick, Steve, Frisk or Sans and Monokuma and there is nothing you guys can do about it.

The Japanese are people too you know. You need to take their feelings into consideration. Back in melee, would you have chosen Roy INSTEAD of Marth?

>They picked Joker instead of Jack Frost and they Picked Cloud instead of Chocobo. The Japanese will be ecstatic to see Roto.
Stop patternfagging. Those examples hardly equate to DQ. Slime tops popularity polls and is a huge part of DQ merchandise. Erdrick is not.

Solaire is by far the most prolific character to come out of the series. It'd have to be him if we're to get rep at all,

Attached: and he praise.jpg (1200x675, 128K)

There will likely be a meltdown no matter who gets in simply because of the anticipation and shitposters.
It all feels so forced.

Attached: 1551893033585.jpg (283x248, 15K)

And you need to realize there's an audience outside Japan.

Honestly that's unironically one of the best lineups I've seen so far. Erdrick serves as the "retro legacy" character, Sans for the epic memeage, Steve for creating an entire genre and belonging to now the best selling video game of all time, and monokuma attracting the VN audience.

That's why I just want this over, it's just so very tiring.

Would you rather have the protagonist of one of the most beloved games in the series, the hero that's built up through the first 2 games and referenced many times after? or would you choose the area 1 mook that has a few spinoff games?

>it all feels so forced
>krool.jpg
>implying K. Rool wasn't forced down everyone's throats until Sakurai caved in

And Frisk?

Attached: 1517934411885.jpg (627x770, 360K)

I'd rather have a character the majority of people actually know and like. Pic related.

Attached: 7uX8pef.png (401x300, 142K)

>implying it will ever be over
OH MAN GUYS NOW THAT THAT'S DONE LET'S TALK ABOUT FIGHTER PASS 2

I mean, I know what you mean but I'm more excited than anything. If you find it tiresome maybe you should take a break from Yea Forums for a couple of weeks? I have a feeling Smash autism is going to peak at E3.

And they will buy the dlc regardless and might buy some Dragon Quest games out of new interest. Japan alone would be enough to make the dlc successful.

>character that attracts the VN audience
>not waifubait, instead pick the dumb cereal box mascot
Yeah, you dumb dumb

Attached: 5a434ff4fdb907a04a3c913577059beb.png (634x900, 848K)

Dragon Quest is irrelevant in North America, regardless of how popular it is in Japan

Attached: E3B277E9-0C24-4BE2-AA10-46F99E713F7B.jpg (1024x1024, 311K)

>area 1 mook that has a few spinoff games?
confirmed to know nothing about Dragon Quest
Slime is in EVERY DQ game

Nothing against Frisk, but seeing as how he/she is similar to the Mother boys aesthetically, I don't think they're as interesting as Sans.

Then again, their moveset could be pretty great and Sans most definitely would be included either as a Mii costume or final smash or something which would totally be worth it.

REMINDER: Japan loves the shit out of Sans.

Attached: 1557407813581.png (685x568, 437K)

Remember that Red eventually did make it as a character, and when he did he was an extremely complicated one. There's a good chance they could have gone with him had he been workable as a fighter.

Here's your indie rep bro.

Attached: yiik.jpg (356x356, 52K)

>Steve gets in
>Smash 6 rolls around
>Steveposters come back in full force, this time to shitpost their beliefs that the majority of Ultimate's roster is going to be gutted for this game
Dear God please no. The only thing worse than rosterfags are cutfags.

Attached: Cfps928VIAA_7Qj.jpg (600x459, 29K)

Still, Pikachu was prioritized first.

>And they will buy the dlc regardless
Maybe they'll buy me shitting down their throat regardless, but that's not very ethical now is it

>DQ5 higher than 3
but I thought 3 was the most beloved one, guiz

That did not work for Corrin/Kamui and Fates. And it won't work now. It will just piss people off. It will not make anyone interested in DQ. If anything it will have the opposite effect.

You can lead a horse to a river, but you can't make him drink from it.

Of which he is an area 1 mook. Dracky is also in every DQ game too you know.

Um sorry sweatie, I don't think you were invited to this party.

Attached: 1541829313550.jpg (220x216, 23K)

>They picked Joker instead of Jack Frost and they Picked Cloud instead of Chocobo.
the difference is that unlike jack frost or chocobo, slime is inarguably the most popular and iconic character in its series.
nintendoeverything.com/famitsus-top-50-favorite-video-game-characters/

Attached: famitsu_top_50-4.jpg (562x800, 231K)

it's also a core part of Touhou itself, and how it became as renowned as it is: the Doujin Spirit and how loose ZUN is with the IP, only protecting it when absolutely necessary.

Dracky would also make a better fighter than Erdrick

Lmao look at this loser

>dataminers found 16 extra slots for Smash Ult's roster before Plant was added
>assuming this is the case, there is enough room for 10 more fighters after this ends
>2 more fighter passes might happen
>1 per year at least

Are you ready for 2-3 more years of Smash shitposting after 2020 lads?

>That did nto work for Corrin/Kamui and Fates

Fates is literally the best selling FE game of all time are you guys seriously just going to seethe over Fire Emblem forever in your little rosterfag echo chamber and pretend that's how everyone else feels?

Attached: 1534104121755.jpg (600x399, 35K)

Why do you fags want a literal who character in smash so bad? 90% of people have never heard of Touhou & the other 10% that have heard of it never played it lmao.

> Kingdom Hearts, NieR & Monster Hunter are the only active franchises that appear on both
Fuck

what is futureproofing

i'd rather have the area 1 mook. it isn't part of an archetype that's already overdone in smash (unlike erdrick), and it's a legitimately popular and iconic character (unlike erdrick).

>let's get the otaku audience
>pick the fotm swordies
>not picking the OG waifu that helped kickstart the waifubait craze in the first place

Attached: 1544396909048.jpg (1000x1414, 698K)

Corrin sold fine, it's just the rosterpeople that still get mad about it and they aren't the priority.

You may not like it, but her and Miku are THE best choices if they really wanted to attract that crowd. This is not a debate to be had, they would be legitimately profitable choices for them.

Go back to KYM and stay there, faggot

Attached: 1541045492603.gif (392x410, 308K)

>Would you rather have Anime JRPG Sword Boy #21 for a much more iconic character in the form of Wacky Slime Ball #1
I'll take the area 1 mook, please.

Attached: 1530226642340.png (416x454, 947)

it's may 22nd. the most recent character announcement was all the way back on december 6th. it also took forever for piranha plant and joker to actually be released.
at this rate, nintendo would be gearing up to launch its next console before a second fighter pass would be completed.

I mean the Japanese government flat out gave awards to Dragon Quest & Vocaloids, deeming them culturally significant. And no other media franchise or Nintendo themself recieved such an honor

>"We had a choice between completely overhauling the game systems and feel, or working off of what we had established in the last game. We ended up going with the latter. If we went with the former, we might have ended up with only a third of the fighters we have now. Had we gone down that route, surely some fans would have complained and said, 'I preferred the way it was last time.' We’ll have to face that decision again someday, but I decided that now was not that time."

sourcegaming.info/2018/06/20/smash-is-special-part-1-sakurais-famitsu-column-vol-557/

>"I question what we’ll do with the next title, and I feel that having ‘all characters playable’ (for Super Smash Bros. Ultimate) may have been a Pandora’s Box that could ruin possibilities for what’s next in the series."

>"However, honestly speaking, I’m not thinking about what’s next!"

siliconera.com/2018/07/18/sakurai-has-concerns-for-the-next-smash-bros-but-he-isnt-thinking-about-it-for-now/

Yeah...It's gonna be hellish. That's one thing we've taken for granted in Ultimate's speculation: Cutfags only existed before the initial reveal. Beyond that it was all new shit. Next game is gonna be a totally different ballpark.

i think miku would break the rule that characters have to originate from video games, but she would probably be fun in smash.

It just barely outsold Awakening. I don't know how you can even call that impressive.
When Fire Emblem is shilled so much there's only so much you can tolerate before you get tired of it getting more attention than other IPs like Kid Icarus, F-Zero, or Donkey Kong.

Yeah, and guess which one actually originated from a FUCKING video game?

Attached: 1526786366386.gif (221x231, 516K)

Attached: yiik.jpg (1920x1080, 317K)

>shitposters spend months insisting that based roar is going to get cut
>he doesn't get cut
>grinchfag meltdown, part 2
it's going to be glorious.

Attached: 1555812794003.jpg (2560x1440, 421K)

Dragon Quest is NOT the same crowd as something like Touhou or Vocaloids do. It's the fan created content that makes them unique and their own niche. Dragon Quest is fine though and will definitely agree that it's a big deal.

Fair point, Miku's kind of a grey area. I just brought her up because of her notable comparison to the doujin juggernaut that is Touhou. It'd really come down to whether people, and more importantly, Sakurai, consider the vocaloid program an actual "video game" or not.

>Okami is in top 5 for Japan
I'd gladly take all the steves and banjos and reimus if it meant Ammy gets in

Attached: 1537660987456.jpg (600x383, 23K)

She'd make Marth's moveset look like a fucking joke.

Attached: NEOGDS-141609.jpg (463x700, 107K)

Guys, my Clone's stepdad's cousin's brother's dog works at nintendo and he told me that Shu from Blue Dragon was confirmed for Smash
Here's his theme
youtube.com/watch?v=LUjxPj3al5U

i'm calling bullshit on this list. somehow okami is in both lists (including top 5 in japan) when it's only sold 2.6 million units worldwide in 12 years. if it was really that popular, it wouldn't have sold like shit even with how hard the media shilled it back then.

Plz Nintendo cancel the smash dlc.
Everyone choices are scarying me

>get a fucking dragon stand user
>get shitposting from DBZfags, DQFags, and literally every other person
>get top tier music
Wouldn't even be fucking mad

Who do you want for the remaining 4 then user?

Jibanyan pls

Attached: image.png (619x775, 368K)

but what would his Moveset be?

People are sleeping on this cat.

Banjo, Waluigi, Porky, and Gen 8 Pokemon

If he gets in the REEEing will be heard from space
What a lovely thought

Attached: image.jpg (1280x720, 115K)

Your choices scare me too

Attached: steve_squilliam.png (1920x1080, 871K)

youtu.be/-L2MobSCjjY

Hell if I know, but This'd be his final Smash
youtube.com/watch?v=lrIIQv9hMms

I would imagine they would base Shu off of the Sword Master class, since it was clearly kind of a forte for him. The thing about Blue Dragon is that it had a psuedo-job system, so it makes picking a character with iconic skills difficult, and makes me think that them going all in with the Shadow instead might be a viable option, but I can imagine they'd throw in a few spellblade ideas as well to make him stand out.

So basically the most requested reps are these, if we go by this picture
> Japan
1. Slime from Dragon Quest
2. Hatsune Miku from Project Diva
3. Crono from Chrono Trigger
4. Monster Hunter
5. Gen 8 Starter from Pokemon
6. Sephiroth from Final Fantasy
7. Monokuna from Danganronpa
8. Amateratsu from Okami
9. Sora from Kingdom Hearts
10. Sakura from Sakura Wars
> Burgerland
1. Crono from Chrono Trigger
2. Monster Hunter
3. Sora from Kingdom Hearts
4. Gen 8 Starter from Pokemon
5. Sephiroth from Final Fantasy
6. Leon S. from Resident Evil
7. Amateratsu from Okami
8. Yuri Lowell from Tales Of Vesperia
9. Phoenix Wright from Ace Attorney
10. Quote & Curly from Cave Story

>both sides want a Pokemon that we don't know about from a game that doesn't exist yet
That's just depressing.

>Crono
>Sephiroth
>Amaterasu
>Sora
>Sakura
>Leon
>Yuri
based

Honestly, Monster Hunter, PokeShit & Sora seem like locks at this point

>Leon the only good character
yikes

T. Seething Banjo or Steve discord tranny

If you guys want real leaks then fuck it here you go E3 is soon anyway. Your new character is the Rune Factory 3 protag when Nintendo goes to shill Rune Factory 5. Feel free to screenshot this.

Nope but minecraft guy and dbz swordsmen are locks

Cope

>Banjo kazooie no where in sight
Whats going on here banjies?

>Reimu gets in
>Her Final Smash is directly lifted from her Final Spell Card in IN
youtu.be/AOnfnNYkSlY?t=337
That'd be dope

Attached: 1549590019216.jpg (423x700, 219K)

>Rf3 protag
>Not the protags from Rf4, the game getting a switch remake
Odd choice if true

Attached: press x.jpg (938x477, 58K)

I'm more interested in his alt colors
>Nene colors, with a Red Shadow
>Goku colors with a Green Shadow
>Insert Jojo reference here
>Colors based on his team mates.

Also, if they really wanted my money, they'd be selling alternate Skins for characters other than the fucking Miis as DLC.

He had more potential for a moveset I suppose, Probably easier to handle the monster pets when you yourself can also be a monster.

Banjo is irrelevant outside Smash ballots, Steve is irrelevant as a character but at least his game is popular as fuck

>Goku Colors
The salt would be ever flowing

Reminder that this is the most likely outcome, although you can swap out Pheonix Wright with any character with a similar sort of popularity and notoriety in the gaming community

Attached: Gorsh I really dont want Erdrick.jpg (1983x2643, 510K)

>Sylux
>First in line

This meme needs to stop.

Based prince

>Street fighter no where on either list
>No classic mega man games
>No pac man
b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-but user I...........I.....I thought popularity was the only thing that mattered

THEY REMIXED OUR MUSIC

Attached: 1541257196897.jpg (1024x1024, 87K)

>insiders and leakers claim that there will be a Square Enix character as DLC
>some of them claim Erdrick is the one
>dataminers found the codename "Brave" in the game
>Erdrick is literally, like LITERALLY called Brave in Japan
>Japan worships dragon quest so much that the government made it illegal to release dq games on weekdays because people would skip work
>Sakurai is a huge fan of the series
>Square Enix already collaborated with Sakurai in the past
>practically unknown in the west, Smash being the perfect platform to introduce it to a new audience (Fire Emblem anyone?)

It couldn't be more obvious. No, I am not a fan of Erdrick or Dragon Quest but the writing is the on the fucking wall. Erdrick is coming to Smash whether you faggots like it or not.

the writing is on my fucking cock up your ass

>genuinely likely
>crash
Almost as likely as sakurai thinking it's a good idea to alienate 2/3rd of the world by including a character only the japanese give a shit about e.g 0

Smash didn't make Fire Emblem much popular in the West than in Japan. No one plays the games.

It's too obvious faggot. Brave is Banjo. Cope.

Don't forget Dragon Quest XIS as the definitive edition on the Switch, coming this year, and having a huge segment in the last dedicated Nintendo Direct. Yeah.

It's very similar to what happened with Incineroar, but nobody wanted to listen or read between the lines.

Joke's on you. I'm an actual faggot.

I heard the devs of prime 4 want to make him the main villain of that game, plus he lacks a spirit but the other hunters got spirits

>insiders and leakers claim that there will be a Square Enix character as DLC
Stopped reading there

Also Dragon Quest 11 was the first game ever announced for the "NX"

>Insiders and leakers claim a SE character is first
>Joker is in first
>Insiders claim Jack Frost is in the stage
>He isn't
>Insiders claim Jane is FemJoker
>It isn't
>NOBODY predicts Piranah Plant
They're all larpers and Erdrick is deconfirmed. Cope

Attached: 037.gif (360x238, 1.43M)

Shut up Stevefag. The adults are talking.

Why does anyone take these faggots seriously anymore after Joker? Hell even Persona 5 the Royal blew these retards out of the water when it was confirmed it wasn't even a FemMC

>read between the lines
Between what lines? Nintendo never said anything suggesting Roar was coming, that was all on insiders opening their big fat mouths.

>people enjoying games = everyone who has touched those games immediately wants that character in Smash
I swear you rosterfags are genuinely retarded

Attached: 1539421386853.png (307x220, 142K)

At this point, I kinda do believe the google theory over this shit.

I wonder how many fake rune factory fans will come out after the E3 reveal.

Amaterasu would be so fucking based.

Sakurai confirmed it was switched around last-minute

BASED

>literally about third party

have to through Nintendo's picks first though, so it's both

Let it be known that I was here and a RF faggot before Rune Factory had a bunch of retard band wagoners latch on to it
Dolce best girl

Attached: 1554924035888.jpg (750x754, 48K)

fpbp

Attached: D7E7IPPWwAE1E_m.jpg (1080x709, 58K)

>The amount of promotion incineroar was getting in the anime
>Masuda saying Incineroar was his favorite shillmon
>The fact that we get a new pokemon every fucking game
>The litten line all around was the most popular starter line in Japan.
>The fact that Incineroar had great unique moveset potential (which sakurai later confirmed that's what attracted him to the character)

Deny it all you want owlfags, but it didn't come out of nowhere.

Attached: DCqFESj.jpg (1495x1897, 413K)

>GENIE

BASED AS FUCK. There better be Will Smith ALT.

Yeah, that was vaguely hinted at a long ass time ago. That's off the table because MP4 has been through development hell and likely wont be ready for another few years. Even so, Sylux is still shaky as fuck speculation wise. The only reason people memed him was because they thought Ridley was a no-go.

Mega Man is Capcom's official Mascot
Pac-Man is Namco's official Mascot
Street Fighter II grossed 12 Billion dollars on it's own

literally anybody can buy an ad for a licensed property (for cheap). google theory is easier to fake than a blurry render pic.

Still we're supposed to be expecting reps from lesser known popular franchises. Persona is a pure example of that. I fail to see how Dragon Quest falls into that category.

Attached: 0lDdpFr.png (871x900, 210K)

So why are none of them on that fags list. And mega man was never capcoms mascot.

>promotion
>literally only has 4 anime appearance
>Masuda having any bearing with the choices

also what, if anything owlfags want to imply he is a shillmon when he isn't - Sakurai picked him because he liked what he represents

no, the only retardation is thinking Smash won't get a new Pokemon rep

Persona is a very popular franchise just not within the smash community until now. The same can be said about dragon quest.

>source: dude trust me
Ñ

It's been in front of your eyes all along. Rune Factory was meant to be a dead series but nintendo is reviving it for a sequel and a port.

Stardew Valley made bank and now Nintendo wants a slice of that pie, so they bought up a cheap IP to turn into a huge brand name. Expect your Rune Factory smash DLC this E3.

Hi.
It still isn't. No one in the Smash community cares all that much for him. If anything, they're against the idea of him getting in.

Attached: Screenshot_2019-05-22 capcom's mascot - Google Search.png (630x382, 23K)

>lesser known popular franchises
I don't know where you got the idea that that's what we should be expecting but even still DQ fits that perfectly. It's lesser know in the west and popular in the east. Really there isn't much else that fits "lesser known popular franchise" since that's an oxymoron

you made this thread just so you can post this, lmao

>Still we're supposed to be expecting reps from lesser known popular franchises.
Nobody has fucking said that.

The only thing, and I mean only thing Nintendo said were they were trying to appeal to new demographics, and that Joker would be emblematic of the fighters pass.

This is how misinformation spreads, but sure, let's assume what you're saying is right based off of your misunderstanding.

>I fail to see how Dragon quest falls into that category
>The majority of the west knows fuck all about Dragon Quest and putting a rep in Smash would help promote the upcoming Switch exclusive as well as introduce people to the grand daddy of all JRPGs ala Marth + Roy in Melee style.

There you go.

Lesser known meaning being around for not as long as other IPs. I should be more specific next time.

>Is popular now that he is in the game
Flawless logic

Oh they know of it. They just don't care.

At LAST.

Fire Emblem is literally the only series where Smash will shill a yet-released game
no other character has appeared specifically to advertise a NEW game

Gamefreak directly consults with Sakurai for their Pokemon pics. It happened with Greninja, and he specifically reserved a spot for a Gen 7 pokemon when development started and didn't finalize the choice until Ultra Soon and Moon were out. I guarantee you Shillsuda was in on the process.

>literally only 4 anime appearances
That's a hell of a lot more air time than the meme owl got.

>people who want saber in
>ANOTHER fucking anime swords(wo)man

Attached: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.jpg (625x496, 17K)

>insiders and leakers claim
stopped reading there. you retards never learn.

I guarantee you most people who play Smash have no idea what the fuck Dragon Quest is. Our autistic echo chamber does not represent the majority of the playerbase.

Even people in the rosterfag community had no idea who Erdrick was before the datamine + leaker speculation. You're talking out your ass friendo.

It's Quote, you retards.

Curly is an Assist.

>play online
>Roy, Roy, Roy, Marth, Chrom, Roy, Zelda, Ike, Chrom, Roy, Marth, Lucina, Roy, Chrom, Zero suit samus, Roy, Chrom, Zero suit samus
Is it just me or is 99% of the cast just ignored online?

Attached: 5minutes.jpg (912x657, 164K)

Hes popular within the smash community now. I know how popular persona 5 is.

Saber's a meme.
But I mean we're still getting a fuck ton of anime swordsmen, there's no avoiding that.

Oh and Steve. He's an anime pickaxeman though

>implying Swords are the problem
Swords are awesome, mate

Yea they were right about the grinch, and people desperately wanted them to be wrong.

>The amount of promotion incineroar was getting in the anime
he appeared in a few episodes. you make it sound like he was getting the ash-greninja treatment.
>Masuda saying Incineroar was his favorite shillmon
masuda's favorite pokemon in gen 6 was sylveon, and it didn't get into smash. masuda's favorite pokemon in gen 5 was victini, and it didn't get into smash. masuda's favorite pokemon overall is psyduck, and it isn't in smash. clearly, masuda's opinion doesn't mean shit to sakurai.
>The fact that we get a new pokemon every fucking game
this is true, but grinch retards kept insisting that "pokemon trainer is the new pokemon rep."

GOOD MOOOOOOOORNING Yea Forums! Just wanted to remind you that we're never getting Reimu (yes, THE Reimu from Touhou Project) confirmed in Smash Ultimate or any future Smash for that matter! Make sure to sigh in relief when the Fighters Pass gets complete when Reimu isn't present in sight!

>B-BUT TOUHOU PROJECT IS GETTING AN OFFICIAL GAME ON THE SWITCH
"No!"

Your degenerate otaku trash crap will never be in. Just because a late port is confirmed doesn't mean she's guaranteed. Reimu is a literal who for the wider margin of the world and the otaku demographic choice is already taken up by Joker. There's also how literally any third party has more notoriety than Reimu and would result in a much more safe option for Nintendo and Sakurai to choose to appeal to more people. If Dragon Quest is considered anti hype by western rosterfags, Reimu would be a million times worse. Now go back to /jp/ and neck yourselves.

Attached: 1531071855757.jpg (678x636, 90K)

Lack of moveset variety is the issue with sword users.

I'm not championing that owl garbage, I'm disagreeing with the idea that Incineroar is a shillmon. And yes it has no bearing, Sakurai's word is final. Your example just proves the point in that he relies on design.

>4 episodes
>meaningful

He's more comparable to Cynthia's Garchomp to actual shillmons like Mimikyu.

Kinda late to the party, dude.

And that is not the sword's fault, and does not make Swords themselves less cool

After reviewing this thread, I have come up with the optimal DLC list:
>Joker for the Sonybros
>Slime for the japanese oldfags and normies
>Steve for the zoomers
>Reimu for otaku and waifufaggots
>Doomguy or Master Chief for the western dudebro audience
Nice, balanced and unique set of characters with good moveset potential for each of them. Prove me wrong.

Attached: 1423097816727.jpg (400x400, 47K)

>no Genie

Attached: NOT RIGHT NOW.jpg (1920x1080, 121K)

I would be 150% okay with this.

anyone with a brain knew that "fake blurry image leak #5000" was fake. smash "leakers" and "insiders" still have their own shitstained track record, though.
why people just can't accept that nobody knows anything until the reveals is beyond me.

Apparently you don't know, because Persona is a game so unpopular is not even translated to other languages besides English because how poorly sales in the west

Attached: f89.png (1116x726, 78K)

>dlc not pandering to waifufags
keep dreaming

>anyone with a brain

So less than 30% of Yea Forums at the maximum, sounds about right

Attached: 1541092530752.png (665x573, 22K)

rosterfags are retarded mongoloids who will believe anything that has characters they want.