ITT: Rage

>Gamedev posts on Yea Forums
>Yeah we've got an Alpha out right now
>"But that game is clearly 90% done"
>Yeah well it's my company and my game so I can call it whatever I feel like lol
It should be illegal to misuse alpha and beta and calling something pre-alpha should just be outright banned.

Attached: sample_3c9131d63b11681c2506522c1dea728d.jpg (850x1133, 175K)

g.. gobernment help me

Heh, bobs

>People dismissing Lisa as edgy Undertale

damn, who is that?

how does a game dev calling their game "Alpha" affect you right now, if anything that means that improvements are still on the horizon instead of it being a finished product.

>if anything that means that improvements are still on the horizon instead of it being a finished product
Congratulations, you're exactly the kind of retard they are trying to trick into believing this is true.

explain how instead of just calling me retard or I don't see how a game being called "Alpha" is affecting my experience negatively at all.

Titty ninja girl from Sengoku Basara, I forgot her name though

Shut up and post more of that semen ninja.

It's the developer/publisher thinking you're a braindead moron who'll see "pre alpha" and go "WHOA IMAGINE WHAT IT'LL BE LIKE WHEN IT'S FINISHED". And you are.

I mean anyone who thinks there's going to be THAT much of an improvement is a fucking idiot, when I see Pre-Alpha I expect a similarly-controlling game with a little more content and some more visual polish but that's about it.

tfw no kasuga wife

Attached: sample-f53322e2d39718bc9a739bdf3a58667c.jpg (850x1254, 290K)

>people are discussing a video game on a board specifically made for discussing video games
>suddenly all threads about said topic 404 and subsequent attempts to discuss this video game topic are near-instantly deleted after being reposted in response to its unwarranted removal
>this results in multiple threads being rapidly reposted and any discussion about the video game topic being derailed into hate and mockery directed at the moderation staff
>despite their poor moderation choices having absolutely no merit and it being abundantly clear discussion will continue and threads will keep being posted whether they want them or not, they continue to try and shut it down even though it's obviously a game of whac a mole they can never win
>meanwhile, while the mod team is desperately trying to shut down video game discussion on the video games board, several shitpost and offtopic threads continue to remain up and several duplicate shitpost/offtopic spam threads about the video game in question's competing product mysteriously stay up with zero moderation action taken against threads that clearly break the rules

I really hate it when things like this happens. Definitely video game related rage material

Go away Kenshin

Is this a thread about the game Rage or is it a rage thread?

I think so

I hate you.

Attached: crying semen demon.jpg (1440x810, 126K)

:(

"Kasuga"
Kenshin Uesugi's girl

I like how you have to stay intentionally vague because if you were specific people would shit on you.

God I haven't seen Sengoku Basara get any attention, you guys enjoy Sumeragi at all?

Post yo' mains my niggers

Attached: Kenshin Uesugi.jpg (840x600, 199K)

>comes back from the dead and shoots you

Attached: Yukiden_-_Nobunaga.jpg (840x600, 229K)

Alpha does not have a concrete definition, but most correlate it to "feature incomplete".
Meanwhile, Beta is "feature complete, content incomplete".
There are many games that can be "90% done" in content but still have missing features just because of however their production pipeline works. They would technically be an Alpha, but with virtually all assets and sets finished, while some actual gameplay related shit is missing.

>dev puts out open beta test
>mention this is what the full game will be like
>b-but it's a beta!
>game is out in 2 weeks

In attempts to deflect criticism they've labelled their games as some form of unfinished and it's terrible

Attached: 1494327243791.gif (291x260, 1.18M)

My fuckin' man, his combo game and style is surprisingly satisfying to do, I gave every character a run through in all Sengoku games, but I always settle on Kenshin, Nobunaga is a close 2nd though definitely, you stick in gun mode? Or do you stay in Stand mode? Or use a combo of both for maximum style? I always just stayed in stand mode as Nobunaga personally

With how common and easy it is to update things after launch, these terms are outdated. Pre-alpha, beta, 1.0, are pretty meaningless terms when the shipping of the productcan be almost anywhere in its development
I just laugh at fools who see shit game screens, then eat the excuse that it's "pre-alpha", as if they were expecting to redo everything again to make it better. Pretty much always development is almost gone, and next is to send it to testers

Big Boobies :D

Who is this qt?

Kuro

This dude is so fucking busted, goddamn.

Ye, but every character is in theory, it's more about how fun it is to string together combos and be CUHRAZEEEE ala Devil May Cry