What happened to Pokemon's SOUL?

What happened to Pokemon's SOUL?

Attached: 1558406686393.gif (500x375, 249K)

Other urls found in this thread:

diovento.wordpress.com/rrss/
videogameschronicle.com/news/game-freak-prioritising-original-game-projects/
youtu.be/pExn-S7WduQ
youtube.com/watch?v=UBnhOZEodlE
youtube.com/watch?v=19T-UN3igrQ
youtube.com/watch?v=Qd_6FsKjC4o
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Vanished since gen 5

NEW BAD OLD GOOD

Containment board WHEN

In Pokemon's case, this is actually true.

The pixels made the soul.

Haven't played anything past BW2. Why do people hate nu-pokemon so much?

Cutscenes
Unskippable cutscenes all the time

After gen 2.

It peaked with Gen V.

Fucking hideous aesthetic
Nothing has nearly as much effort put into it as BW2, plat, or HGSS
USUM and ORAS manage to make even legendary hunting a boring and soulless affair
The biggest drop in soul is that event mons don't have events anymore, just pick up your rare ubergod thing at the fucking Pokemon center.

Games made with Heart > Games with Soul

>pokemon haven't trailed behind you since heart/soul
>let's go doesn't count
>don't need to throw 50 ultra balls at a 1hp paralyzed moltres to catch it anymore
>new games are super hand holdy
>1hr+ long tutorial you can't skip
>hardly mention pokemon death or slowpokes getting their tails cut off
>only darker themes are found in pokemon descriptions
I honestly really like the newer games but I downloaded mGBA recently and started playing firered for the first time and there's something here I didn't realize was missing

When it switched to 3D, game freak is an incompetent lazy developer. Pokemon would be far better off staying 2D sprites and not adding new stupid mons just for the sake of it, and should be refining the gameplay mechanics and the expanding worlds. There's so much potential it actually triggers my autism that the largest most successful franchise in history is just riding it's popularity from the 2000s era.

Attached: downloadfile.jpg (637x358, 32K)

What games that?

This is true like 80% of the time though

Gen VII was by far the worst generation.

Masuda and his philosophy of "OLD FANS BAD, NEW FANS GOOD".

Spriter here, for some reason developers don't like sprites as much as 3D models now for some reason.

Attached: sprite bear.webm (1280x720, 1.74M)

>Nothing has nearly as much effort put into it as BW2, plat, or HGSS
>or HGSS
HGSS didn’t even fix the issues of the original like Plat or BW2.

3ds pokemon games happened.

Did you mean gen 5?

hehe lookit that bear

Nothing will ever be worse then 6 in my eyes.
SM atleast had some neat moments, while XY was a borefest the entire way through.

Switching to 3D was the biggest possible downfall

Attached: DufSnToVYAA9xiP.jpg (950x800, 68K)

No that’s the series’ peak.

I unironically prefer the soulless 3D models we have now over the ugly ass zoomed in pixelated back sprites in Gen V.
Either put in the effort to draw large detailed back sprites or give up on the whole thing and just do it Gen IV style.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 113K)

Gamefreak doesn't even care about Pokemon, anymore. They know they can make half assed titles that children will be bought by their parents, so it doesn't even matter. Not only that, but they're apparenting branching out to make new IP's. The only reason why anyone used to praise Pokemon, is because of their childhood nostalgia for the series. It's legitimately always been mediocre. Gen 1 though 5 just happen to be less shitty than the proceeding generations.

Attached: image.gif (360x238, 1.43M)

Post pokemon designs that triggered an instinctual rage in you the first time you saw them

Attached: fury.png (800x401, 64K)

You grew up.

A lack of a sense of Adventure that's usually robbed by omnipresent friendly rivals & companions & their endless string of useless dialogue. That & the difficulty becoming even more of a joke than in the past, symbolised by the modern EXP Share, or the Roto Powers in Gen 7 ( You can literally get a Power that gets all your stats up by +1 like that side effect of Ancient Power or Ominous Wind )

Attached: golisopod.png (250x250, 71K)

Lost it with the jump to 3D. I feel like it could still feel pretty good in 3D, but they haven't figured it out yet.

>Because thing is often said, it must be untrue!

6 at least had a few excuses as to why it's shit. 7 doesn't.

U a gay nigga, Trubbish is based.

Attached: 44894FD4-AE59-4DC8-A2D0-BC6A2217B1DD.jpg (400x225, 26K)

Half of the pokemon introduced were trash

Attached: 8VPJd6d.jpg (920x552, 208K)

Difficulty wise, 7 was a step in the right direction.
While it wasn't hard by any means, it was atleast more challenging then XY ever got.

Every fucking day. Every single fucking day when i come home this little faggot just sits there and gives me this stupid look on his face.

Attached: 1200px-535Tympole.png (1200x1200, 777K)

Nah, they were a fresh of breath air after seeing the same Kantomons across every region.

I remember this interview where Masuda or some other GF guy said that having a rival as mean as Blue was basically a regrettable mistake and they've basically tried their hardest to make rivals as friendly and accommodating ever since. Anyone remember what I'm talking about?

>ddddddda pixels!
fuck off zoomer

underrated

I remember reading this too, it exists somewhere

HG/SS were the last good games, before that it was Platinum

No, the problem is them not putting effort on dynamic animations, using those washed out colors, and trying to stay always on model. 3D pokemon looked nice in Stadium for example, even considering all the restrictions.

It's weird in pokemon's case because the only time it was ever good was during gens 4 and 5.

Right back at you Unovabortion
Good sprites are drawn with the camera perspective in mind
Bad sprites are drawn for the sake of having a shitty gimmick where they're 1:1 in scale with the front sprites then being stretched alongside a Bourne shaky cam

Attached: hHUZzpO.png (330x218, 75K)

It's such bullshit. The gen6 rival is by far the worst. You take everything from them and kick them to the curb so many times that even I started to feel bad. There's no satisfaction in that.

>HG/SS were the last good games
Level curve and shit Pokemon distribution, no.

fpbp

This makes me wonder, what Pokemon game would be the best game with a nice challenging 1-100 level curve and national dex modded in?
I played ORAS for the first time using a mod that put in every single Pokemon and raised the difficulty and I had a fucking blast just taking in the new soundtrack and the nostalgia.

Attached: 1447355729343.jpg (396x382, 54K)

/thread

Twitter.

Gen 6 is shit no matter how much you try to pretend otherwise.

>since
After*

2>5>3>1>4>7>6

the problem isn't friendly rivals, since I don't see much bitching about Barry, Cheren, Bianca, Hugh and Wally. The Gen 6 and 7 rivals were just shit in general.

There was a ton of bitching about Wally and Barry. I'm pretty sure Cheren was the only one of those actually well liked from the get go.

link/name of mod?

People blame 4 and 5 but when I was a kid I thought it started with gen 3. The Pokemon designs got pretty janky, you couldn't even catch them all, the world itself looked pretty flat, the plots started getting bonkers, and the anime went to shit. Personally I thought gen 4 revived a bit of soul.

Attached: 1557295979155.jpg (960x940, 45K)

Same okay to me user

i acutally felt sorry for beating the shit out of wally
barry was a hyper active piece of shit who deserved a good beating

I don't remember much Wally bitching, but that might be because Brendan/May are such bad rivals that they take all the heat.

>we'll split content so people and their friends have to buy different games and accessories to connect
Pokemon was soulless from the start

diovento.wordpress.com/rrss/

gen3 music and legendaries were really good though. And the games were beautiful, I think most beautiful games for their time

We got old

wasn't sayin 6 wasn't shit. 5 was just worse. Only good pokemon to come out of 6 were Aegislash, Sylveon, Noibat, Talonflame and Hoopa

soulsilver just came out tho

Stop balding

6 was way worse

This, punching Masuda id the only way

The legendaries were good, but it's what kickstarted this awful habit of a parallel plot where you save the world, then go beat the last gym and fuck off to the pokemon league like nothing ever happened. The only one that did it right was gen5

Gen V was the best one.

5 wasn't worse, you might not like the pokemon there (I didn't either) but the games themselves were really good. Least tedious pokemon to EV train, to breed, the ones with the best post league content and tournaments

Can't speak for gen 7, but gen 6 had
>XY had useless and annoying rivals
>ORAS overstays it's welcome, the second half of the game in particular feels extremely dragged on, even more than the originals
>i can't really put my finger on why, but legendaries feel like a boring chore
>Pokemon never had stellar storytelling and characters, but XY is probably the lowest point
of the franchise in that aspect, and most of the new things that happened in ORAS were also bad
>Mega evolutions were a dumb addition that didn't solve the problem of power creep, instead it made it worse
All in all, at least they realised they fucked up with XY, so ORAS pretty much spells out that they decided to make a separate timeline from the first 5 gens, never played gen 7, but since it deals with alternate dimensions i am going to assume it is also not set in the timeline of the first 5 gens

I need to try Crystal Clear at some point.

KANTOOOO

Attached: 1558318882752.png (1478x1376, 685K)

Yellow had most soul. Anime based pokemon games would've been right direction prove me wrong.

Attached: siiip.jpg (470x529, 39K)

Meant to say IV.

ORAS is good
Every other 3D Pokemon is bad
That being said, XY is way too easy and Sun/Moon is a joke of a game

Generation 5 was when Pokemon lost its charm and started turning into "WOOW SO EPIC STORY"

Canonically, Unova nuked Kanto and Johto after they attacked Alola.

this d e s u
although I thought the animated sprites in gen 5 were just ugly in general

>Generation 2 was when Pokemon lost its charm and started turning into "WOOW SO EPIC STORY"
FTFY, Gen 3 built even more on that with the Red/Blue Orb.

Since.

Oh, you!

Eh, you're not wrong but you can't deny that 5 just took it to the worst and made Pokemon stay at it

*After
Gen V was the last time the series actually felt like put any effort into it.

*they (GF) put

Human on Pokemon relationships when?

Attached: 1558076669005.jpg (480x840, 38K)

Never you fat ugly fuck.

based

have sex (not with a pokemon)

Already happened lorelets

Attached: 1551214681347.jpg (1424x1259, 181K)

When are we going to group all the niggers, furries, and pedophiles together and eradicate them?

Attached: tenor (3).gif (498x359, 408K)

The only genocide I'd advocate for

the z-axis is what happened

Only if wojaks and frogposters also willingly join to be the victims of genocide

You talking about SS?

who is this "we" you speak of?

>ORAS is good

You can fuck right off, those are the worst pokemon games I've ever played

This. Also Blue and Silver are overhyped. They're just as bland and almost as obnoxious as friendly rivals.

this is what 3d pokemon should look like but they wont do it since theyre greedy bastards

Attached: 1544932667512.gif (720x480, 3.07M)

That's fair for criticizing the main release, but rom hacks can fix this. Whereas Gen 6, 7 being hideous can't be fixed. HGSS romhacks are peak Pokemon.

Attached: 1475455418544.jpg (480x480, 45K)

What are some good ones?

Sun and Moon had the hottest Pokebabes though.

Attached: mommy.png (720x750, 502K)

ORAS romhacks are fun though.
t.

XY had:
Amazing starter designs
Amazing MC designs
Amazing region design
Amazing legendary design
Alright music

So why did the gameplay go so wrong?

Sacred Gold and Storm Silver is definitely the place to start. There's more niche/harder stuff if you're looking beyond that, but the difficulty is upped meaningfully from the base game, gym leaders have fun compositions, and the wild pokemon variety is hugely improved.

Attached: 1470124026436.png (599x595, 319K)

masuda gave up after people looked at two pokemon and decided they wouldn't buy bw1 solely because of those two

Honestly romhacks can make almost any Pokemon game fun, and I always liked Hoenn so I enjoy ORAS romhacks too. I just think HGSS romhacks are probably peak pokemon.

Anything Drayano does is god tier. I think he did all the DS games and Firered too. If you're looking for romhacks of other games look for the words "inspired by Drayano".

I think I played Storm Silver and didn't like it. Whatever I played, it had Falkner with a fuckton of strong pokemon when it's the very start of the game and you don't have much.
That's kind of my problem with a lot of romhacks, the difficulty curve is way too aggressive at the start, yet falls off once you adapt by spamming DDgyara or something.

USUM is one of the most soulful pokémon games

The wild pokemon variety is pretty huge, use that to get through early gyms. It's not like the main games where you just have a starter and a few normal/bug/flying shitmons. I also think you're expected to lose to the gym leaders at least once, get a sense of their team and strategy, and plan around it. Personally I think that makes it satisfying when you win, and I never found I had to abuse competitive meta strats to make it through.

It never had any

soul silver is as old as silver was when it came out

Even if they're not early game shitmons that's still going to fuck you over because they'll be low level and have awful moves. The lack of moves is especially damning at low levels. Unless you're playing colosseum you'll be stuck grinding them up to be viable

But gen2 barely has as much story as gen1 did. Gen3 started the whole legendary circlejerk that plagues Pokemon stories to this day.

Gen 2 barely had any epic story aside from TINY lore bits with suicune/burned tower that weren't even a part of the main villians plot. Gen 3 started that EVIL TEAM GET GOD POKEMON bullshit.

Read the full sentence.
Friendly Rivals are indeed okay: Nothing stellar but it can work, as long as they have the same goal as you. As I said though, it's their omnipresence & uselessness that's bothering me.

3D ruined the games.

>forgetting the game stops you from heading to Clair until you fight TR in Goldenrod City

>the game stops you from fighting Sabrina until you clear Silph Co.

Makes sense, it's Silph Co and within reach, Goldenrod has nothing to do with Clair and the faggot selling candybars has no reason to stop me.

>mfw that asshole stops you purely to say he doesn't have any left

Attached: 1556613611687.png (1536x2048, 1.64M)

Iirc candybar faggot lets you pass right after you beat Mahogany's Gym but Clair is just busy jacking off at the Dragon's Den trial until you beat the Rockets so you can't fight her anyway

videogameschronicle.com/news/game-freak-prioritising-original-game-projects/
GameFreak doesn't want to make Pokemon anymore, but they know the studio will vanish if they stop.
That's what happened, they simply do not care anymore.
The merch is what sells the most anyways.
Reminds me of another major multimedia franchise.
It's Star Wars, remember that?

Attached: 1480151849254.jpg (1024x969, 696K)

>Vanished since gen 2
FTFY

Gen 6 had PSS, that alone put it above certain gens which I will not mention.

>lmao you want to fight Clair? Fuck off and explore or someshit
I hate that fuck soo much.

>Iirc candybar faggot lets you pass right after you beat Mahogany's Gym
Nah, in HGSS he's stops you until Goldenrod's Radio Tower is saved.

Gamefreak literally sits on top of a skyscraper of gold, why the fuck would they not just start off some different projects with no need to worry about money?

Barry has always been vehemently hated.

Wally got a pass because he was just a sick kid looking to grow, and grow he did. He was sympathetic.

Cheren and Bianca were ok because they represented the two types of players; For Fun and For Glory. They did their job.

Nobody cares about Hugh

The worst by far is fucking Hau. Those malosadas must be filled with rare candies or something because the fucker clearly doesn't train with his pkmn.

GF has no passion and are complacent, why bother trying or reinvesting back in the company when you can shit on a plate and still get millions of sales?

I'm going to be so mad when they reveal this is still in Sword and Shield.

Attached: festivalplaza.jpg (400x240, 35K)

Gen 2 is soulless as fuck thanks to it being Kanto 2.0.

Are Pokemon fans the most abused and cucked fans?

I'm so fucking sick of this forced-in multiplayer bullshit

Not even Japan gave a shit and they get ample time to use this shit on trains every day

When are they going to stop making new pokemon and start focusing on the story?

t. Shitter.
Drayano has the best hacks and they're objectively the best way to play

And they will probably post another one tomorrow, then the day after, then the day after that, until the end of time.

Gamefreak is just the best, they introduce new features only to get rid of them for years and years, I LOVE THEM!

No. Speaking from experience, it's Armored Core fans.

We got two okay-ish 7th Gen games with AC4 and ACFA, then we got absolutely fucked with the moronic forced-multiplayer cuckfest that was ACV and ACVD.

God fucking dammit FromSoft, if you EVER return to Armored Core you'd better give us another Silent Line.

Yes, you fucking retard.

>Drayano has the best hacks and they're objectively the best way to play
His Omega Red hack was boring as fuck.

source of this kino

>Let's let the player change the color of their clothes.
>That's a great idea, but lets add in some bullshit so they can't do it easily. We wouldn't want them to lose interest and start playing phone games because they got what they want.

Way better than Gen 2 and 4 pokemon.

I just looked back into this franchise. I'm horrified at some of the new things that have been introduced. Pokemon used to be wholesome and cozy. Now you have shit like space aliens using digimon. I hate it.

Blue and Silver are God tier rivals and will never be topped
>Blue is a cocky prick and always one step of head of you
>even beats the elite four before you
>you kill his Raticate and it makes him even stronger
>Silver is Giavonnis son and therefore lives in his shadow, and holds resentment for his father for being a weak coward and abandoning his family after losing to red
>acts like a complete prick the whole game
>treats his pokemon like shit
>eventually loses enough to you to understand what he was lacking
>starts treating his pokemon better
>tries to return the starter but Prof. Elm says to keep it since it likes him so much now
>continues to show affection to his pokemon
>makes his Golbat evolve
>eventually confronts his father and shows that he both grows as a trainer and as a better person and no longer fears being in his shadow

NuPokemon will NEVER EVER have this sort of dynamic ever again.

Attached: tumblr_pcvleajQuv1tuyocvo1_1280.png (1003x1416, 1.85M)

Jaggy with a choppy framerate?

we're not talking about HGSS, plus HGSS added a bunch of other story shit to make it more in line with 3 onward anyway with the kimono girl story so you would actually fight the box legendary where in like gold and silver you could just never do the whirl islands or bell tower and still beat the story

>Fire Red is boring as fuck
Ftfy

>Blue and Silver are God tier rivals and will never be topped
Stopped reading there because Silver was a bitch and Blue was boring.

this but unironically

Attached: 1461653118887.png (335x750, 312K)

You got older

Did he actually confront his father? I know that you fuck up Giovanni in the celebi event during the radio tower hijack so he never actually returns.

>>Fire Red is based as fuck
Ftfy

they traded soul for 3d in gen 6, but 3d took too much and they had to downgrade.

also game freak is lazy

Gamefreak went from really utilizing hardware to its full potential, to just scraping by. I remember being amazed when you first see your characters reflection in the water.

Attached: pokemon1.jpg (480x318, 86K)

youtu.be/pExn-S7WduQ

>monkeys
>Musharna line
>Cryogona
>Stunfisk
>Druddigon
>Landorus
>Meloetta
>Victini
>Basculin
Remove those and you have a top notch gen. If you're the type of person who hates what they tried to do with Conkeldurr, Throh/Sawk, Chandelure line, Vanilluxe line, Klinklang line and Garbodor line then you can axe them too except for Chandelure line.

Landorus' issue is that it's based on a completely different god from Fujiin and Raijin and has no reason to look just like them.

Thats where you're wrong pal, were you one of those people who cried over an Ice Cream cone?
Gen V was one of the best gens period, it showed that Pokemon fans really don't know what the fuck they want, and will just lap up anything GF shits out.

X/Y was fucking awful, like holy shit, the quality just dipped hard.

Attached: 1553567945789.jpg (1280x1111, 241K)

gen 3 looked like shit for a GBA game, everything was so flat looking

>Gen 6

Try Gen 4

most souless gen by far. Runs like shit, music is tinny and awful, models clash with sprites. It's fucking abysmal

I was replaying Soul Silver a few days back, and I loved it how it looked on my DSi XL, it looked so crisp and beautiful, pixel perfect.

Then after finishing that I downloaded Omega Ruby on my 3DS XL... The graphics look blown out and pixely, not in a good way, at least Let's Go looks fine...

>eventually confronts his father and shows that he both grows as a trainer and as a better person and no longer fears being in his shadow
the celebi event bit with him and gio were right after he got btfo by Red though not after he actually becomes friends with his pokemon at the end of gold/silver

Fire Red and Leaf Green looked much better. Best thing about Gen 3 was that it was 60fps. Ironically enough Gen IV is the best looking gen but the worst thing about it is 30fps

>he doesn’t include based klefki

Attached: 8CBF576D-F957-4B64-B8DC-74AE3BFC002D.jpg (375x461, 45K)

XY had the excuse of being their first 3D game though. It's unfortunate it stayed low since then though.

Ah no shit. I figured it was near the ending of the game. Is it even considered cannon?

Why do people keep saying Gamefreak is lazy?

You wouldn't work hard either if you knew a bunch of children and autists will always buy every pokemon game you put out.

Pokemon never fully utilized the GBA and DS hardware. However they did over-utilize the 3DS hardware by having pokemon with PS4/Xbone-tier polycounts for a system barely more powerful than a Gamecube.

>we'll never go back to detailed sprites full of SOUL
>instead we get clean, souless 2D garbage that looks like it's from some mediocre flash game

..it's not fair bros

>XY had the excuse of being their first 3D game though.
It really doesn't tho.

I've been playing Storm Silver and Sacred Gold on my phone and its comfy as fuck. Sure touch screen controls suck but since pokemon doesn't require precise controls it works fine.

Attached: Screenshot_20190522-201931_DraStic.jpg (1440x2960, 1.46M)

Simisage is fucking great

>new good on the basis of being new

It was time travel but the celebi event could only be triggered in post game I think. I'm pretty sure it is canon though, I don't see why it wouldn't be. The event pretty confirmed the fan theory that silver was related to team rocket somehow.

>>Musharna line
>>Cryogona
Fucking awful taste user, Musharna is OP as fuck.

A combination of people wrongfully bashing Gen 5, them making games for the same one series for over 20 years, and them realizing that the games will sell 10-15 million copies easily no matter how much effort (or lack of) they put in.
I think Gen 8 might be my last gen, because if Game Freak doesn't care anymore, why should I?

I could give you getting the design of the over world right

which arguably they DID change in S/M

I actually prefer Sun and moons avatar design, excluding the fucking (Memes aside) SOULLESS expressions, like is it fucking hard to make some simple emotions, all most 800+ Pokemon have some small degree of expression of emotion.

Attached: 1542033056034.png (664x720, 595K)

Not really, it's kind of pointless. Plus there's really annoying and poorly written author's friends cameos.

Neat. How come we don't get more Pokemon writing like this? It isn't in your face but its engaging enough that you actually care. Also the themes of Silver and Giovanni's relationship are surprisingly complex for a "kids" game.

Most devs fuck up something when going from only 2D games to making 3D games and they almost never have to make as many models made as XY needed.

I really wish the games had more depth and felt like an adventure.

>yfw gen4 ost remake
youtube.com/watch?v=UBnhOZEodlE

Attached: 78774746.jpg (400x290, 111K)

>space aliens and digimon are horrifying
you don't even play this series do you

>Plus there's really annoying and poorly written author's friends cameos.
Why is almost every major mod like this? Who the fuck wants that shit?

>those names

Attached: 486486.png (571x294, 262K)

Royalty free YouTube music

Gamefreak doesn't care after everyone trashed BW for trying to be completely new. It pisses me off we will never get event only caves and shit like the special areas in DPPt for darkrai and shaymin or the Arceus event in HGSS with a completely new area. You'll just get a legendary just given to you in a pokemon center with no extra story or anything.

Attached: 1548495613012.jpg (1024x649, 406K)

>wanting a gen 4 remake after the insult that was ORAS
no giratina jumpscare because its a DP remake not a platinum one :^)))

Attached: 1554757036208.png (1200x1000, 543K)

pretty sure BW was the director's baby, after everyone went full KANTOOOOOOOOOO on it its easy to see why they stopped trying

But kids might get bored and start playing Fortnite on their phones if they have to actually go and catch a mythical Pokemon.

like I said son, I'm just interested in the ost

I made them intentionally as awful as possible. Also misspelling "Biscuit" for. Growlithe is something I've done since Red. Arcanine is objectively the best fire type

Attached: 1200px-059Arcanine.png (1200x1200, 706K)

NINTENDO, HIRE THESE MEN!

Probably, it sucks but I don't blame them. Why try when everyone just wants to dicksuck gen 1 for the 5 millionth time.

I don't want them to ruin Platinum

>Add difficulty levels
>make them version exclusive
>and you unlock them after 90% of the game is completed
>so the only way you could play the easier/harder modes from scratch is to have or know a person with another (3)DS who has the game completed

Game Freak is so obtuse.

>untiered

I hate event quests conceptually, not being able to get all those cool legendarys on my current copy of Pt is heartbreaking

>smogonshit
Lmao.

just do the DNS mystery gift exploit and give yourself the items you need to unlock the events. At least with the newer generation if they were to do those kinds of things they'd always be over wifi

RKO outta nowhere!

Attached: ACapture.png (346x527, 19K)

It isn't used in VirGC either

>Arcaninelad

Attached: 250px-229Houndoom.png (250x250, 50K)

They actually did an animated short of this, so I'd say it's pretty acknowledged and canon.

youtube.com/watch?v=19T-UN3igrQ

>I don't want them to ruin Platinum
don't worry, they'll only remake D/P :))

Where did the KANTOOOOOOOOOO meme come from

>we've added an item to increase IVs
>but your Pokemon needs to be at level 100
>also, we didn't put a quick way to grind to 100 in the game

>It isn't used in VirGC either
Double the lel

One of those soilent Youtube reactors made a video reacting to LGPE's reveal putting a soigrin in the thumbnail.

You have to be 18+ to post here.

digimon pictured

Attached: type-null.jpg (329x400, 35K)

You grew up.

They fucked up the RS ost, keep your expectations low.
10 bucks says they'll remove the piano.

Feast your eyes on this SOUL.

Attached: 1558243827347.jpg (723x1023, 120K)

Finally someone who understands.
They really are something special.

Attached: you little scamp.gif (355x210, 1.74M)

Pedophile

God fucking dammit. I still remember being a too-depressed-to-get-out-of-bed high schooler playing that game for hours on end. I think it's genuinely the best game in the series but I'm probably biased towards it because of how comforting it was in that particular period of my life.

W-what's happening in the bottom picture?

how can anyone think ORAS are good remakes when HGSS added so much on top of just being remade gold silver while ORAS manages to remove so much with the excuse that its not emerald

This. Gen 5 sucked out all of the soul.

No, since. Game Freak used gen 5 to turn Pokemon into something that isn't Pokemon. Ever since, the games have had a greater focus on story bullshit, railroaded regions, and metafag pandering instead of focusing on being good video games about going on an adventure.

Because ORAS was good and if it removed anything the only thing I noticed was you couldn't get Aron before the second gym anymore which kinda sucked.

THE BATTLE FRONTIER PROJECT HAS STARTED!

Same bro. I remember being with my Mom on a shopping trip in the summer going into 9th grade and we stopped at a gamestop and I got a light blue DSi and Soul Silver and I played it for hours and hours on end, and it helped keep me grounded during the scary moments of entering my young adulthood. Not only that I was already nostalgic of playing GSC as a young young child. I don't think any Pokemon game will ever top Gen 2 for me

>No, since. Game Freak used gen 5 to turn Pokemon into something that isn't Pokemon.
No after, Gen V felt like a new experience after it did away with Kanto pokemon and the Unova region is the best region the series has to offer in atmosphere and music.

There already is one

Don't even try to tell me you ever played in the battle frontier. You didn't. Nobody did.
Literally nobody liked the frontier because post-game pokemon battle facilities almost always sucked.

>how can anyone think ORAS are good remakes when HGSS added so much on top of just being remade gold silver
HGSS barely did anything to fix the problems of the original. Look at FRLG for a good remake that makes the original obsolete in every way possible.

fuck off I played the fuck out of the battle tower in crystal

>Gen V felt like a new experience after it did away with Kanto pokemon and the Unova region is the best region the series has to offer in atmosphere and music.
Everything you just said is wrong. Sure they ditched all of the old Pokemon but did it by replacing them with an absolutely garbage set of starters and regional Pokemon that weren't much better than the starters. Unova is a literal fucking circle and you can't even access half of it until the postgame.

Gen 5 is shit, Unova is shit, the starters are shit, the atmosphere and music are shit, the C-Gear is shit, and every single thing about the gen was a fucking mistake.

>HGSS added so much on top of just being remade gold silver
Yeah I'm sure glad they didn't bother touching that level curve.

>copy-paste the masion stright from XY
>don't even bother to give it updated aesthetics or leaders.
The fuck are these french whores doing on my island?

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 174K)

nice deflection

It was never there to begin with.
You were just too young to notice.

NINTENDOHIRETHISMANNINTENDOHIRETHISMANNINTENDOHIRETHISMANNINTENDOHIRETHISMANNINTENDOHIRETHISMANNINTENDOHIRETHISMANNINTENDOHIRETHISMANNINTENDOHIRETHISMANNINTENDOHIRETHISMANNINTENDOHIRETHISMANNINTENDOHIRETHISMANNINTENDOHIRETHISMANNINTENDOHIRETHISMANNINTENDOHIRETHISMANNINTENDOHIRETHISMANNINTENDOHIRETHISMANNINTENDOHIRETHISMANNINTENDOHIRETHISMANNINTENDOHIRETHISMANNINTENDOHIRETHISMANNINTENDOHIRETHISMAN

Attached: 1537438814816.png (693x720, 964K)

Seethe harder faggot, it's better than your favorite game.

Attached: 1557984157399.png (1000x532, 62K)

It's true user, HGSS is stained because of that awful level curve.

Right, how silly of my to forget that HGSS is the pinnacle of gaming, a perfect piece of videogame without any flaws whatsoever.

>you can't even access half of it until the postgame.
>saving half a region for exploring after you beat the champ
Is this supposed to be a negative?

I'd rather navigate Hoenn and its endless fucking water routes than Unova because it's STILL more interesting than Unova.

gen1 retards cry about a circle but have they actually looked at the kanto map

>"Well we're visiting from Kalos and will probably have to go back soon so please be the new leader!"
God that was so lazy

Unova is just one big city. You're not going on an adventure, you're taking a trip to the store. It's fucking boring.

>Is this supposed to be a negative?
Yes. Most people who play Pokemon are done once they become the champion. It's pretty fucked up that you spend the entire game looking at the map seeing half of a region you can't access only for you to find out that the game just now decided you're allowed to go there once you become Pokemon League champion.

>the atmosphere and music are shit
Gen V's music shits on the lesser gens so fucking hard it's not even a competition.
youtube.com/watch?v=Qd_6FsKjC4o

Pretty fucking boring and sounds like shit.

>Unova is just one big city.
How fucking stupid.

no changes to the level curve is better than the removal of content and giving an eon before the 3rd gym for no reason

How is that fucked up?

She maaad. Don't worry user, maybe one day you'll have good taste.

Saying half the region was post game is like saying dppt had half of its region locked to post game. It was 3 cities or something and one of them is basically empty

>pokemons soul
Post Pokemon Hearth
Why people are so retarded?

>no changes to the level curve is better
Stopped right there. You're a fucking idiot.

stay mad oras child

The moved to 3D was so useless, instead of giving us a more open space to explore, we got a cramped up hallways, no exploration, even if it was limited, small maps, for reference, I have only played X/Y, so I don't know how much the other 3D pokemons changed. Goddamn, so much wasted potential, it could've open the doors to something everyone wanted, at least something close it, but at least with pokemon X/Y, we got a trash fucking game and probably one of the worst of the main series. I am hyped for shield/sword because maybe here we could see the changes people wanted when pokemon went 3D.
This is coming from someone that started playing pokemon at 17 with red, then silver, then SS, black 2, Y, diamon, in that order.

>bitching this hard about post-game content
Faaaaag.

Bulbasaur > Squirtle > Charmander
Ivysaur > Charmeleon > shit >Wartortle
Blastoise > Charizard > shit > Venusaur

*What happened to Pokemon's HEART & SOUL?

>charmeleon
>not shit

ORAS was terrible, but HGSS isn't perfect or even the best game because it didn't even fix the core issues of Gen 2 pokemon. Platinum fixed Sinnoh, BW2 added on Unova, HGSS is a repeat of the same old region warts and all.

Bulb > Char > Squirrel
Ivy > Wart >> Charm
Char > Venus >> Blast

no one was arguing it was perfect retard it just had more content added in the remake compared to RSE to ORAS

>Removal of content.
Off the top of my head, they shortened a dungeon before the 2nd gym and also an optional one, the old mauville place.
Everything else was a massive upgrade in every way I can think of.
Lati@s is given to you before the 6th gym actually for the express purpose of showing off the new soaring mechanic after the 8th gym which is huge.

Attached: soar.jpg (400x240, 28K)

Fpbp

>tfw hgss actually did edit the levels
>did such a pisspoor job that it's not noticeable anyways.

Attached: 1537129868887.jpg (1754x1240, 263K)

Fuck that guy, I want Swinub!

Attached: 5252322.png (900x929, 785K)

Soaring is fucking slow as shit and you get there faster by just using regular fly.

>>did such a pisspoor job that it's not noticeable anyways.
Never forget Platinum is the saving grace of Gen 4.

Attached: Pt:HGSS.png (1997x2916, 971K)

>Oneshotting a a level 40 mon with your level 45 mon vs oneshotting a level 50 mon with your level 55 mon
These comparisons are embarrassing

This. Gen 5 was always the first absolute dogshit gen. All the praise here is from kids that grew up with gen 5 being their first Pokemon games.

>WOOOOAAH BIGGER NUBMERS = BETTER GAEM
fuck off retard

What happened to all the money they got from the biggest selling franchise ever*

I started with yellow and b/w is my favorite

Not this shitty meme again

Well you posted the last game with soul. Anything after was toned down and or cut into pieces. GF can't program for shit AND they now blame kids for being dumb or having ADD.

HG/SS took up all of Game Freak's soul reserves and they haven't restocked yet.

Oh, now I see why /vp/ isn't filled with the usual spate of Unova circlejerkers. They're here failing to defend their precious Unova against Yea Forums. lmao

Attached: 1528585535242.jpg (1000x1198, 262K)

events then
>here's an event, go have an adventure and watch Arceus fucking up shit and mentally scarring you for life
events now
>go to the pokemon center and take your legenday, be sure to watch the movie if you want any context about it

>comparing a poll with top 37 votes to another with top 280
are you trying to squeeze any bait fuel you have or are you unironically retarded?

Let's not pretend event pokemon were ever good because you had to be in the right geographical location to even get it as well as being at the right time to even get it.
Yes I'm still mad about the Gen 3 events being tied to Pokemon Rocks America. Yes, I'm still mad about there being cockteases in DP about event pokemon but you'd be SOL if you missed the days they were going.

Are Hoennfags happy all the vitriol they used to get is now rightfully directed at Unovabortions?

Gen 5 was the peak.

Gen 6 was the fall of the cliff.

>>WOOOOAAH BIGGER NUBMERS = BETTER GAEM
Funny enough, this is the Johtofag's argument for HGSS being the best games in the series.

No, because I like unova too.

>NEW BAD OLD GOOD

Attached: 1555655233483.jpg (785x731, 101K)

>failing
Gen V already succeeded in being the best in the series.

Ah, that explains why Unovabortions are insufferable pieces of shit. They're Hoennbabbies/ex-Hoennbabbies too.

you're amazing at arguing, keep it up

Its frustrating to have legendaries in the older games being tied to long defunct events, since the only way you can obtain them now is by using cheats or Action Replays if those even exist still. But at least there was a spectacle with them, though I'd still rather they'd be obtainable in game without having to attend any events or having them only obtaining them in a window online.

X&Y couldn't replicate the depth of detail Black and White had.

>Unovabortions are insufferable pieces of shit.
Sorry bro, when you're the best in the series, you have to let the lesser shits (gens 1 to 3) know who's top dog.

Yes but you don't get to fly around in the sky with regular fly. With soaring you can.

this

I tried X and Y and immediately regretted it 2 hours into the game

just feels like padding

It's a neat novelty, but at the end of the day the reason why I use fly is to get from A to B in the fastest time. The animation masking a loading screen alone takes longer than just using fly.
Said animation is also fucking ugly, but whatever.

>That dumb Legendary Battle Royale video got me interested in Necrozma
>Finally booted up that copy of Ultra Moon I pirated ages ago but never felt like playing
>Game is still full of all the godawful forced tutorials and shit that bog it down
>Get to the water trial
>Pic related pops out
>Fucker has perfect type coverage on its moves (inexplicably knows Aurora Beam to take out flying types)
>A berry that reduces electric damage
>A built in speed boost
>Permanent Rain support
>Summons a Masquerin that has Tailwind and Stun Spore

Shit head beat me like 3 times before I managed to tank it out. Where the fuck did that comes out of that Game Freak actually put a decent challenge in the main game for once. Of course afterwards the fire and grass trials were piss easy just like I remembered so oh well I guess

Attached: 22F58BC7-E44B-48A8-A5C7-6AA8BD860C96.png (239x300, 148K)

Sounds like you're just bad, user.

This I cannot deny. As Pokemon has gone on longer, they've added a plethora of hot babes and some cute twinks. Nowadays I rarely play the new games. But holy fuck do I smash pokebabe pussy and boipucci.

For me it because it's too damn easy. They should really give a difficulty setting like BW2.

Yeah but imagine a true Pokemon MMORPG with the Pika/Eevee Go graphics where pokemon follow you and shit. Improve the controls, add day/night etc. and you'd have yourself the ultimate MMORPG that could beat WoW

G5's animated sprites were good on literally every new mon. The problem was that they didn't really put much effort into the older ones.

ORAS is good because it's a remake that stays reasonably true to its origin

We didn't get battle tower which fucking sucks but it wasn't in Ruby/Sapphire either so technically it stays even more true to its roots
We atleast got the battle maison
Delta Episode is one of the most kino story sequences to pokemon ever and it's all optional content
The endgame island is the best addition ever for breeders and shiny hunters
You also have good tools to hunt shinies, EV train, minigames or look for Pokemon in general which is essentially the best it ever has been for any other game in the series
Alot of the original feel from R/S is kept save for Mauville Mall which I personally disagree with
Also Wally should've been utilized better and more than he was in R/S just to flesh out a character we already know and love
His rematch at the battle maison insultingly doesn't use his theme

HGSS is indeed a better remake but mostly because of the 3d engine limitations in ORAS
I'd like to add that complaining about easy difficulty in any Pokemon game is brainletus maximum

Now compare this game which has alot of the fun that R/S had to shit like XY/SM/USUM and it's incredibly easy to differentiate quality
Even Let's Go is so far from being an actual remake that the game is just fucking stale and doesn't feel half as nostalgic and endearing as you'd expect this adaptation of Red/Blue/Yellow to be

>we didn't get battle tower because RS didnt have it
I dont understand how thats even an argument, the other remakes weren't like this STAYING TRUE TO ITS ROOTS bullshit

Shit thanks man, now I've got all the key items and some shinies and lvl100s

Attached: 1541288365735.jpg (1000x1000, 73K)

its the only way to actually do the azure flute event

3D happened.

The roster of monsters with dozens of individual animations has reached close to 1,000 is what happened. A Pokemon with "soul" is no longer feasible on a normal budget. The only way soul will return is if they made a hail mary bank buster like Kojima does.

The were the same in the meaning of they were equals, like gays and trannies nowadays can marry the same way straights can

what amazes me is how they don't ever use the internet download feature for events, they make you go to gamestop or whatever equivalent to get a code that you have to input on a shitty non-qwerty keyboard

>Retarded children throw feces at each other based on subjective shit and repeat the same things over and over again until bump limit
Thanks for making this garbage thread, see you next time when you post this trash again

Welcome to Yea Forums.

Animals don't have souls
No but really, mass market appeal.
While Pokemon always had it, the 3DS and X and Y pushed it to new levels.
Then the mobile game hit and it was all downhill from there.