Most requested character for nearly two decades

>Most requested character for nearly two decades
>Hardly anyone plays him once he's finally added
What went wrong?

Attached: 250px-Ridley_SSBU.png (250x250, 86K)

Other urls found in this thread:

kuroganehammer.com/Ultimate/Weight
discord.gg/SHb6Hay
youtu.be/WhMy3uRe0vU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

He's shit.

it was just a meme

>Most requested
Sakurai wanted to put his size meme to the grave.

Only faggots wanted ridley he was fine being a boss but their obsessive convinced the developers to include it in the game, and most likely this will happen with waluigi in the next smash game

"You think you do, but you don't"

his moveset is absolute garbage

Because the people requesting it were fucking autists who played brawl and have never played a single real fighting game

Because nobody actually likes Ridley. It's just autists who thought that smash needed a quota that needed to be fulfilled. Ridleyfags are scum who should be purged.

Make an arena and 1v1 me fagit

Attached: Space Chicken.png (500x421, 42K)

Fake fans. Real Metroid fans wanted Ridley to stay a boss and not be playable.

If i still played ssbu, i'd be playing him, he's pretty fun

Nah fagit. I'm glad he's in.

>Samurai said years ago that Ridely would be difficult to impliment due to his size
>years of shitty mods showing its possible
>Sakurai gives in and puts in Ridley, saying he was the hardest newcomer to implement
>he's huge, is ckmbofood, is easy to edgeguard , has awkward attacks and only somewhat above average range
>"wtf sakurai why is ridely so shit reee"
He warned you.

>hardly anybody plays him
I see this faggot once every few matches. He’s much more common than shit like Diddy.

He's fun but not very complicated, which means any good opponent will exploit your weaknesses constantly (of which he has many crippling ones.)

Attached: 1556287156823.jpg (214x235, 9K)

Never give people what they want.

Stop lying, worthless ridleyfag.

All he does is nair and fair. I really which his command grab came out faster and was harder to break out of, wouldn't make him good but he'd be a heck of a lot more fun to play

> Most requested character for nearly two decades
Even Banjo and Geno has been requested far longer than him

Attached: 677687689698.png (1033x2323, 386K)

this narrative again? kek
just pull out the shitleyfag spam, you know you want to

>never beaten a Metroid game
>was indifferent that he got in, was mostly just happy for all the people who wanted him
>he's my most played character
its a weird feeling

Attached: 1499316813150.gif (250x250, 30K)

And yet they arent in.

Attached: 1540300885978.png (700x700, 503K)

The narrative comes up because it's true. True Metroid fans hated the idea of Ridley being a fighter in smash because it goes against his character.

You’re right, it’s probably more along the lines of twice every few matches.

What's his character? Do explain.

I'm sure "true Metroid fans" were thrilled with Bimbo Slut Samus making it in instead, right? Regale us with your silly opinions masquerading as fact.

Attached: 1557548547817.jpg (400x594, 97K)

And when Banjo or any other Nostalgia meme characters 'supposedly' gets announced, they'll be forgotten after like 2 months. Fucking autists

More like the (false) narrative comes up because shitposters like you are desperate.

>Even Banjo and Geno has been requested far longer than him
Delusional

Attached: pathetic.png (716x634, 406K)

To be a massive, menacing and threatening boss battle. That is the entire point of Ridley. Point in case; I've spoken to many Metroid fans and most of them felt betrayed by Ridley's inclusion in Ultimate. Here's one example; Shokio, one of the biggest Metroid fans out there.

> Delusional
> Literally shows a poll where they are featured
Retarded Scaliefag

Because Ridley is first-party, you would have been BTFO years ago if Nintendo owned them and seething like a bitch

Sounds like you need to get good. Ridley in-game is a master of taking a lot of damage but coming back and winning a stock in surprise upsets due to how much damage he can pump out with even basic attacks. I'm a big Metroid fan and he's my most played.

>I'm a fake Metroid fan
FTFY

I don't know who that autist is. I like Ridley being in Smash and he's still menacing and violent. Eat a dick.

Attached: Daxterado Ridley.png (800x800, 288K)

just like mega man, snake, sonic, and ryu right? kek

Holy shit you absolute retard.

Attached: 1524630175891.jpg (300x298, 11K)

Nintendo owns Super Mario RPG, Geno isn't a Square trademark

Attached: 1530988918565.gif (268x278, 1.44M)

Cope zoomer, stop moving the goalposts

Square owns Geno dumb dumb, why do you think he's never in games?

I would slit your throat and fuck the gargling, crying, choking hole while thinking of how fun Super Metroid and Prime is.

Attached: 1548572698485.jpg (471x850, 182K)

>Shokio
Isn’t that the smash sperg who specifically became notorious because of his insistent shitting on Ridley?

Ow the edge.

Sounds like you aren't a true fan, cum dump.

>this was painted by Nintendo themselves
Try not to get too mad when Dixie's in

Attached: 1555573151813.jpg (884x624, 73K)

>n-no they would’ve been in years ago if Nintendo owned them!!!!!
>several third parties get in before Ridley
>REEEE GOALPOST MOVING
It’s time to stop posting.

>real metroid fans wanted their most reoccurring antagonist to be a push over punching bag that would swear loyalty to the first shit heel to hit him hard enough
log off.

Attached: E7D1B4E1-C1D9-4323-AD9A-AE7D1827E5F3.png (250x250, 47K)

Still more faithful to Ridley than Ultimate Ridley ever will.

Why the DK/Metroid focus?

They are still hiding the fact Retro Studios teased what their next game is besides working on Prime 4. I really hope they show what they have made at E3.

Cause Retro Studios did the Metroid Prime games and DKCR/TF

Because they are the 2 franchises who topped one of Nintendo's only official fan polls, alongside Castlevania (who is Konami and thus can't be put there.)

Yeah, I just saw part of the studio name on bottom.

>ridley is ruthless yet highly intelligent monster
>ultimate ridley captures both the look and monsterous nature of ridley with moves like Skewer
>”N-NO!!! I WANTED A SLAVE!!! I WANTED DYNABLADE WITH EXTRA STEPS!!! SAKURAI HE HAS TO BE BIIIIIIIIIIG!”
ridley was never about being big, you fuckin caveman. That’s Kraid. You’re thinking of Kraid.

>Says he's too big for smash
>Finally add him and don't make him a heavy

Who's the robot dude in the bottom left

He is a heavy. Just not a super heavy.

>lighter than samus
H O L L O W B O N E S

He's bad so I don't play as him online. Fun against friends though

he’s an alien space dragon monster thing in a futuristic setting, i doubt reality has any hold over him

I play him, and thats what matters, faggot.

Attached: Antiridley fags BTFO.png (413x525, 141K)

>That face
Looks like a balloon about to explode

>He is heavy
He's a mid weight user

No, he is a heavy.
kuroganehammer.com/Ultimate/Weight

Attached: Ridleaf.jpg (927x1024, 66K)

>he doesn't see Ridleys online
waht

His dair sucks and he's too light.
Give him weight equal to or higher than Piranha Plant and fix his dair's clunky hitbox and maybe even fix its weird stalling interaction with Ridley's extra jump.
A 4th jump wouldn't hurt either, but that's probably asking too much.

Otherwise I fucking love him to pieces. He's my favorite and most played character. He's fun as Hell and every KO feels earned. Except on a walk off stage. No KO feels earned there. But they do feel good.

>mfw samus is heavier than ridley

Attached: 1543980491141.png (436x437, 226K)

My Ridley's sitting at 4.7 mil gap, gg faggot

LIGHTER THAN SAMUS

>didn't really care if he got in the game or not in the first place
>devteam made him so goddamn fun that I can't stop playing him
>plus adding that beautiful Meta Ridley skin for my inner Primefag
>now my main character
I'm not that great with him, and I get shit on but the faster, more mobile characters easily, but Ridley makes me real happy, and I'm glad he's playable in Ultimate. I probably would've never picked up the game had he not been playable. At least until Joker came out and I went full sheep for Persona.

Attached: 507943-Ridley.jpg (1280x720, 539K)

Samus is fat! FAT!

>mfw he's as heavy as Wario

Attached: Expand.png (408x389, 169K)

Like how Pikman fans complained about Olimar being the same size as Pikachu

Attached: White People.png (500x379, 182K)

Why does Ridley make fags so upset?

Attached: Smug Pirate.jpg (1024x1024, 75K)

Playing him and being successful requires the player to actually be good. Your reads have to be good, you have to have patience, and your movement has to be godlike.

I play him and while I'm far from perfect I win plenty of games.

Most players are just retards who want to rushdown everything and so they're predictable as fuck and get destroyed.

Attached: 1497380045879.jpg (500x653, 158K)

they're grasping at straws. they desperately wanted him to not make it, so now that he did, all they can do is bring up his gameplay

Seethe harder, Banjoke.

>onlinefags

I'm really interested to know how exactly this shit started. Did Sakurai himself kick it off and make it a popular excuse, or did he hear it going around and adopt it as a excuse later?
Either way it's retarded.

>Feels like shit to play as
>Uninteresting playstyle
>Up-B is janky as fuck
>Recovery and air game are pretty bad even tho it's a fucking dragon
>Brings nothing new to Smash

He's just a disapointement and only true hardcore fans will play him. At least he's not Belmonts tier of boring, but he's nowhere near as fun to play as other characters like K.Rool, Incineroar or Inkling.

Attached: sd46qs4d564.png (784x638, 377K)

Sakurai has never said anything about that. Did you reply to the wrong post?

>uninteresting playstyle

are you retarded

>I definitely know that Ridley’s a much-anticipated name for fans, but if we made Ridley as a fighter, it wouldn’t be Ridley any longer...it’d have to be shrunk down, or its wings reduced in size, or be unable to fly around freely.

Never mind I’m retarded, ignore me. Can’t believe I forgot about that.

Today we learn about: Vocal minorities.

He's in and that's all I care about, and his design is great to boot. He's the character I've played the most, Samus is second

Attached: dcxodwt-8d6a7837-c383-4534-b9ac-48abf4f54997.png (754x754, 2.17M)

I actually like Ridley but his recovery is absolute dogshit which is just bizarre

Did i hurt your feelings when i said your favorite Smash character was boring ?

His hitbox is big but that's to be expected. His weight could definitely be changed to be heavier though.

Wario is big boned.

Attached: 39wl15xks3n11.jpg (1050x883, 716K)

no, you're just retarded. Who do you play.

His recovery is the biggest ”why” in entire Ultimate. Why give such a shitty, janky recovery for a character that is supposed to be really good at aerial movement? If it is for balance reasons, I’d preferred if they had nerfed something else instead.

I find him more fun than Incineroar but K Rool and Inkling are unfair comparisons. They’re more fun than like 90% of the cast.

WARIO IS A FATASS

Because he wasn't actually the most requested character.
He just had annoying "fans" that sent Sakurai death threats.
K. Rool did better than Ridley on the ballot. Ridley wasn't even top 10.
Ridleyfags don't even bother replying to me.

I've gotten a fair bit of mileage outta the big fella. His kit is very simplistic but I like it. Feel like all he really needs is a weight change and maaaaybe an extra jump, maybe not
Would you say he's reliant on good fundamentals?

Attached: No.jpg (1137x640, 107K)

Ridley is all good fundamentals.

>Ridley and K. Rool both highly requested
>they both suck
Really activates the almonds

>Sakurai’s balance team is complete trash at balance
>in addition they all balance based on elite smash
>elite smash is online meaning heavies become somewhat better due to lag
>because of this their win rates are inflated and seem better than they actually are
lol

>Give reasons why Ridley isn't that much play or liked
>"N-no you're retarded, also, tell me who you main, so i can make fun of it"
We're done here.

That's fair.
Incineroar will probably not be liked by everybody since he's a character designed to have flaws and be hard countered by a big part of the roster. He still seems to be played more than Ridley (arguably) and see much better results in tournament.
And K.Rool got so much in his kit and is so easy to use, it's impossible to not love him, also this guys we'll probably never be balanced and always be ever to strong or to weak, because of how bloated his kit is.

I wonder what...

Attached: 1555134536592.png (1000x2914, 593K)

Ridley needs good fundamentals. Retards complain about him a bit too much.

t. pichu main

obsessed

He's the only character I play now, and I mained Samus since 64.

>Retards complain about him a bit too much.
So you wouldn't believe he needs any buffs? Genuine question

Attached: bigfella.jpg (1137x640, 67K)

Like what?

He's a punish character like Ganondorf. I've seen too many people trying to play him as a rush-in, big damage combos character when that's just gonna get your ass kicked. His whole schtick is spacing and beating the shit out of your opponent for pressing the wrong buttons because he can outrange swordies with his tilts and kill at like 60% with his sweetspots, he just opens himself up hard when he fucks those up.

Attached: ridley_crime_changed.png (736x549, 54K)

>Implying
Pichu should have nerver returned in the first place or only as a Pikachu alt.

Attached: qs45dqsd564.png (564x580, 255K)

Combo food
Bad recovery
Kit is mediocre relative to the faster characters

i wanna hope this is bait but at the same time even if it is why would you waste so much time making an image just to have a reason to argue with people of a website where people argue about literally everything

I main him.

I think small buffs would be fine. I just mean the guys who say he's literally unplayable or whatever.

Isn't Ridley moderately popular in terms of usage online, particularly among Western players?

Well, what would you define as small exactly? I legitimately believe Ridley's weight not matching other big bodies is a real problem for the character
I wouldn't call him unplayable either but it really does hold him back immensely

Attached: 0dbc68f1-3105-4a7d-b9b6-a075c01fb37f.png (1280x1280, 1.12M)

>all these salty doomguyfags trying to attack us ridley fans
cringe

Making his Skewer a shield breaker would be nice and his dair is kinda weird to use effectively.

>no tail pogo
Seriously what the fuck? Might as well make samus unable to shoot missiles.

How do I get good at fundamentals? Ridley main here.

>because he can outrange swordies with his tilts
The fuck he does.

Side and down tilt have a good bit of range

>Side and down tilt have a good bit of range
I know that. I use both but still get fucked up a lot.

He’s in, and that’s all that matters. Cope, Shokio

First posts best posts.

>tfw ridley main but keep spreading the false idea that ridley is shit so that a lot of people would underestimate him

Attached: 1548470380359.png (212x355, 113K)

He's a big guy. His hurtbox is huge.
Stop

ridley is a bait and punish character. he doesn't rushdown, hes not combo focused, he doesn't have kill confirms.
you bait approach with variable length fireball, punish sloppy approaches with nair and tilts, find an opening for an fsmash and kill at 60.
his optimal playstyle makes him impossible for 99% of shitters who only know how to facewall into the other player.
he's also pretty damn good at edgeguarding and ledgetrapping

people don't play shitty characters that much
I mean, Charizard is consistently number 2 or 3 on a list of most popular pokemon and yet nobody ever played him because he was crap

Holy shit this.
Why are Doomguy fans SO mad?
Gonna have to tell the Discord to start attacking them. Don't fucking mess with Ridley fans.

Cringe samefag
What's even the goal here? What does doom have to do with anything

Attached: 1544516883022.png (549x581, 182K)

I really hope this is ironic like nujak

Attached: 1517410806135.jpg (526x500, 92K)

Vocal minority.

Ridley is epic!
EPIC!

Attached: Rid.png (627x686, 445K)

I like Ridleybecause even if my opponent can combo me I'll get him to that percentage any time I want. One bad read and suddenly he's off-stage with 80% more damage, trying desperately to dodge fireballs or wall of death. That and his side-B is great against shield spamming simpletons.

Attached: 1537673636462.gif (345x259, 2.34M)

Where did this come from

Attached: 4BDF3F71-52F8-4F53-9E57-D53B766301C1.gif (640x360, 1.72M)

why are you citing a old official poll where Peach got priority over Ganon+dorf despite being first?

Speak for yourself. I main him.

>Doraemon was requested far longer than Goku, fuck you DBZfags
are you having a stroke genobabby?

Attached: smug-goku-588cbd5c50530.jpg (633x651, 25K)

t. rundas faggot that actually thought he had a damn shot over Dark Samus

Attached: 1543226754512.png (1413x757, 184K)

remember Shokio guys?

I got him to Elite, but I've kind of dropped him because of how all-or-nothing he is. Like yeah it's fun gimping FEshitters with fireballs and dunking people on the side of the stage, but 1 goddamn fight against a Snake and I want to fucking kill myself.

Peek from Peek A-boo
and its not a new project either

people haven't learned how to play him very well yet. with rage he probably has the best edge guarding in the whole game

I really want to play him, but its like attaching a giant weight to yourself.

Fuck tons of end lag on everything. Strangely light and easy to smash despite being super big which means being combo food.

Pretty much a really shitty Ike, and with only 1 good neutral tool which is Nair.

>suddenly doomguy out of nowhere
gamefaqs-kun, is that you? the Steve discord is calling you in

I don't like his new design, he looks crusty and kinda weird. His Brawl design (minus the eye pupils) was amazing

>Snake forgets I can jump several times
>juke out his nikita, walk over and f-smash him to death

Attached: 1536563157274.png (446x431, 243K)

Compare Ridley to Bowser.

Bowser has WAY the fuck more high level viable options. Not to mention actual weight to help offset his size.

The Discord doing the same thing they did to other characters.
Smash discussion is so fucked on this board.

>When you land the Skewer

Attached: 130934903.jpg (2048x2048, 370K)

You need to juggle his tilts. Down tilt is a good fast option with huge range, and it pops them up, but if they're in the air it will whiff. Side tilt and diagonal up/down tilt will catch them if they're too high for that. Diagonal down tilt in particular is a good surprise if they go for the ledge. Then up-tilt is a general fast tool if they try to sneak in from above or if you've got caught them with down-tilt (it's like a mini-combo.)

This doesn't seem like a lot, but considering they all do about 12 - 14% damage it racks up very fast. Eventually you can intimidate your opponent into falling for one of his slower but bigger payoff moves.

Attached: Approving Pirate.jpg (894x894, 292K)

not the genofag but

Attached: hoISLo8.png (628x285, 384K)

Did you make this just now?

>tfw you compiled both the Smash 2 and BrawlDojo polls as infographs
>didnt know rosterfags were gonna spam it because they need "le evidence" for legitimate requesting
geez louiez

Hard disagree, Ultimate's Ridley design is my favorite, feels like a re-proportioned version of his SM sprite, conveys intelligence and evil a lot better than the silly Brawl model did with the goofy eyes

Attached: 1545068016336.jpg (800x900, 92K)

>Hardly anyone plays him once he's finally added
Nice head canon faggot.

Got a source?

Attached: SmashBrosEntranceAnimation.jpg (1034x669, 361K)

No

Attached: Health Tips.jpg (500x666, 111K)

Attached: 29501C47-F262-4016-87D2-AB4205020F71.jpg (896x1024, 154K)

>if I don't play him no one does!

Attached: BB3A7292-1368-41FE-B594-3CF23E84FC6B.jpg (389x1058, 35K)

Attached: 0D5BC1D5-30A6-4250-AAB4-52303D199FB7.jpg (1024x619, 49K)

Attached: 03ACEB08-B6B2-4A88-8A42-823E29825A30.jpg (1024x517, 40K)

Ridley not having pogo tail anywhere in his moveset, and he should have an extra jump.

Attached: 7BF5028E-8F34-42BB-AA1E-B60C3F11A986.jpg (1024x688, 42K)

discord.gg/SHb6Hay

Nah prefer ultimate Ridley, makes him look like an alien dragon as apposed to a starved dragon in brawl

>light mode

Attached: 1534549015358.jpg (332x443, 22K)

>Having to piss out more than a gallon at a time

Attached: 1502076290020.png (482x1012, 630K)

At my locals there's this one guy who always get top 3 or 1st with Ridley
I don't think he's that bad but there are for sure better characters

He's underplayed because of a bad reputation, so I'd say people are sleeping on Ridley

expressions are perfect

Attached: 1470016332146.jpg (600x477, 45K)

because people see tier lists and decide that he's not worth playing

Smashfags don't play games. They just shitpost 24/7 over a glorified party game.

I main Ridley and have him in elite smash
He’s hardly used so ness and waifu fags don’t know how to play against him and he can pull off some pretty funny shit

Attached: D919C377-D669-4649-9A3E-08BF7C18E56B.png (900x900, 90K)

>Feels like shit to play as
Subjective, I enjoy ending his floor drag early to combo into aerials and his killer stab is a really fun situational punishes for overconfident players.
>Uninteresting playstyle
also subjective, He's strangely agile and capable of playing cat and mouse more than you think
>Up-B Janky as fuck
Agreed, Its got some wonky angles, But it also works well as a combat move and spikes pretty generously when aimed downwards
>Recovery and air game are pretty bad
Agreed, It's a shame his Nair is so slow and how his Dair is a drop that just begs to be punished if ever used

He's definitely not as good as i'd have hoped but i enjoy his Wonky playstyle nonetheless.

Attached: 1543876073681.png (707x706, 251K)

youtu.be/WhMy3uRe0vU

Lel

I just don't like him being in cause he now looks like a shitty xenomorph ripoff

I play him offline alongside Zelda and sometimes Corrin
>Playing Smash online
(lol

Attached: 1548256646710.png (1920x1080, 2.17M)

Duck Hunt sold more than the entirety of the Metroid series. Metroid fans gotta stop pretending their series is one of Nintendo's most important.

Predictability. His recovery as well as neutral options make are simultaneous strong but few in number and punishable, making him very predictable.

Isn't that basically what he was designed after?