They already won the Next Gen

They already won the Next Gen

Attached: 2019-05-22_213854.jpg (961x861, 164K)

Other urls found in this thread:

coin-drop.com/playstation-ceo-no-partnership-between-sony-microsoft/
gamepur.com/news/40626-sony-plans-acquiring-new-studios.html
forums.gearsofwar.com/t/rod-fergusson-about-why-kait-is-the-hero-in-gears-5-gears-tactics-design-and-gears-pop-beeing-a-moba/3205
youtube.com/watch?v=rBU8wRCnaUM
fortune.com/2006/11/16/sonys-loss-is-at-least-240-on-every-ps3/
youtube.com/watch?v=M6EPtdaRmyM
cnet.com/news/report-ps3-design-cost-finally-nearing-break-even/
engadget.com/2013/11/19/ps4-costs-381-to-make-according-to-hardware-teardown/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

To play what, exactly?

Take-Two will just port GTAV and make billions. Again.

How do you figure?

But nobody plays Bloodborne online anymore.

This is useless.

Again, leave it to Sony to do actual proper BC. Not the joke that is Xbone BC and the non-existant BC on Switch.

>They already won the Next Gen
Not if this confirms that the DS4 is gonna be the basis for the next playstation controller.

So i don't need to buy ps5 is that what they saying

how do you play a movie in multiplayer?

DS4 is a pretty good controller. The build quality is poor but the layout is perfect.

lol snoyboys are sad

as soon as this mastercrafted piece of hardware shows up in stores
i will preorder it

When it's PS2 and PS3, let me know.

this is good for fighting games from smaller developers since the majority of them are put out on older platforms since they use older tech like UNIST, Guilty Gear, Blazblue.

Say it with me, Yea Forums,

WHERE'S THE VIDEO GAMES?

>PS5 will sell PS4 games
WOW BASED SONY

BC BAD

NINTENDO GOOD

>the only one Sony allows cross network play with is themselves

Lol

>what is a movie theater

>The build quality is poor
no fucking kidding
1 year in and the mini usb port is dead
i have to buy a charger that use the headphone jack at the bottom

Complete falsehood the start button is super awkward to hit

ps3 won't happen but ps1 and ps2 should be a thing for those who cannot afford old consoles. it won't though.

Fucking Sonygroes

>being this late
You might as well say the PS3 has no games

I mean, PS3 could play with PS2 players via backwards compatibility too.

>PS3 has no games
It doesn't.

What good is BC without games?

PS3 had a literal PS2 inside it.

xbox did it first

What good is Wii U ports instead of BC?

That's cool and all but will we have to wait years for new games? I'm not interested in remakes

Attached: 1537331565534.png (545x370, 169K)

The PS4 was snorez-ville. You gotta be on the cooch if you think I'm touching the PS Cinco, dweeb.

Attached: ian idort.png (800x600, 70K)

>left analog stick is below dpad
nope, it's shit

Everyone did it before them.

No trolling, what multiplayer games besides fifa and fortnite is this going to affect?
What ps4 multiplayer games are going to be alive when ps5 comes out?

I mean, great, nice gesture, but where’s the practical use?

The left control stick is still in the wrong place

Actual games?

>play only 3 games
>every other game already playable on other platforms
WOOOOW. and the funnier part is that the PS5 will still sell like hot cakes.

They already have the largest slice of the console market thanks to a lot of smart decision for the past five years.

Hopefully the PS5 library will be good.

Attached: This kills the Switchfag.jpg (1200x508, 58K)

Is full compatibility with PS4 confired? Disc and online store?

>leave it to a company whose current system has zero backwards compatibility!
Sure the PS2 and a couple PS3 models were perfect in that regard, but they completely ignored it this gen.

>xtards

a 30 year old game with just new "graphics" is not an actual game

it is just a port

My model was partial PS2 hardware, and it still tunneled network data over wireless and such which the original PS2 didn't have.

Everyone ignored it this gen. MS only halfassed something because their Xbone exclusives turned out garbage.

Yes.

You're a fucking retard. Xbox backwards compatibility is not only great but ahead of actual emulation on PC by miles and miles. More impressive than anything Sony has pretty much ever done

at least keep the shitposting right and use the correct word "remaster"
fucking hell, where are all these kids even coming from not know what the fuck are they talking about

>Buy this $500 box so you can play the games your current box already can

With a strategy this brilliant, who need to make games?

dunno could be anything

Attached: 6a00d83452033569e2017d4249.png (629x347, 43K)

Feels so damn good to be on the winning side

i don't know what the right terms are cuz i'm playing games with actual interesting and refreshing gameplay
every uncharted and the last of us has a more interesting gameplay than the generic zelda, mario shit

+ it has a story which you actually like to follow and want to know how it ends and not some cringy as bubble game story hero rescues princess for the 100th time

why is this news? MS has been doing this for years now. it should just be expected at this point.

This is amazing, pc doesn't even have compatibility with pc 2!

Xbox is shit

AHAHAHAHA. NO NO NO.
coin-drop.com/playstation-ceo-no-partnership-between-sony-microsoft/

It affects games that are released cross platform. So PS4 and PS5 gamers will have a better playerbase.

trying too hard, kid

If there is no patch for 60 fps Bloodborne I wont care until they announce Bloodborne 2

It would be no good. Let's be grateful that's not the case

>More impressive than anything Sony has pretty much ever done
launch model ps3s had full backwards compatibility with ps1 and ps2. the xbone can only play a fraction of the original xbox and 360's libraries.

yeah whatever toddler
enjoy your huawei smartphone with mini buttons and analog-stick attached to

Some games need to run on windows 10 though and some other can't run in w10.

But user, don't you want to buy the same game for the fourth time in a row?

so hypothetical games that don’t actually exist?

Wasn't it obvious? I would be furious if I sold my ps4, bought a ps5 and found out that I can't play my fighting games online. It would be ridiculous having to keep my last-gen on my desk right beside a backwards compatible successor.

Good thing I can put as many OS as I want all on the same hardware

The difference is that Xbone makes the games look better than Sony exclusives.

It's likely that Xbox 4 will also have backwards compatibility, because reports indicate that it will ALSO be based on AMD's Zen 2 and Navi, and that's the whole reason that PS5 is able to offer hardware-level BC; because the silicon is basically the same as the last generation, just more powerful. Since this is likely to be true for the Xbox too, it should also have BC.

Attached: phil spencer.jpg (1200x800, 81K)

Wait, 8k? What the fuck

Ps5 will have no weebshit so they lose by default.

>Wasn't it obvious?
Was it obvious when PS4 came out? Where is BC for PS3?

His face is so tiny but his head is huge. What mix is he?

Attached: mutt.jpg (800x800, 72K)

I'm talking as a PCfag here so there's no console bias, the fact that Sony had that feature with the PS3 and then took it away is about the most retarded thing I've ever witnessed. It makes no fucking sense at all. The first one had PS2 hardware in it. I get it, it's expensive, and it had the $599 problem going for it. But there was another fat model that simply emulated the PS2 games, before they removed the feature entirely, and later in the PS3's life you could buy and download PS2 games anyway, which were also emulated. It just blows my mind how dumb they can be. If the PS5 plays every fucking PlayStation game from any console, I will seriously be impressed how not stupid they are for once.

Honestly there’s nothing Nintendo or Xbox can do to fight back with this.
Unless we get Goku as Smash DLC.

Attached: 6C20FD58-0452-4762-9F4F-6C35C294CD2D.png (356x356, 102K)

Xbox Anaconda will already do this so big whoop.

It was obvious that if there will be bc, it will include online play too.

well they could have games

>people actually thought xbox would make a comeback

Attached: 1557266795033.webm (1920x1080, 1.07M)

Business wise it's really not that retarded. They know snoytards will swallow anything no matter what kind of shit they shovel into their mouths because it's Sony. Same with Nintendo and Apple fags.
That's simply the power of branding.

Attached: shrug.jpg (500x334, 64K)

>will be able to play bloodborne for another 5 years
Thanks Sony

It feels like Sony is gearing up for an early look at PS5. Probably early June.

dunno. it's from some investors thing. point was that there's backwards compatibility but i don't think they have specified what sort of compatibility it is.

The only reason to buy a PS5 would be to play weeaboo shit, but Sony won't allow that anymore. Hopefully Xbox and Switch pick up the underage panty quest games, I wouldn't mind playing on Xbox.

Well... You see we have these studios.

every controller except for the fucking dualshock puts analog over the dpad

launch model ps3 had the chipsets for ps2 and ps1 built inside of it, so it was more or less running the games off the original hardware at that point, once they switched to emulation ps3 could only play ps1 games and a small fraction of ps2 games if any at all depending on model.

user, I don't think you own an xbox

Sony have already won because If no one wants the current xbox then why would they want the next xbox? Hardware doesn't sell consoles anymore (xbox literally proved this this gen) and we are heading towards a games streaming dystopia, so the only factor consumers currently give a shit about, and will continue to do so, is what games it has.
Putting aside the simple fact that the vast majority of PS4 users will simply just transition to the PS5 regardless, all of Sony's current exclusives that made the PS4 such a success will have their sequels on the PS5. Microsoft clearly has fuck all in terms of relevant IPs that can ship units, so they're going to have to pull something major out of their ass to even have a chance while sony doesn't even need to try (those sequels don't even need to be good, just the idea they will exist will sell units alone).

>now you can play nogames again
amazing

>They already have the largest slice of the console market thanks to a lot of smart decision for the past five years.
> a lot of smart decision

Like what? They won this generation because Microsoft and Nintendo (WiiU) went full retard.

lol

Attached: Sony_Explains_Why_PS4_Doesn’t_Support_Backwards_Co_opera_2019-05-22_22-16-52.png (895x232, 42K)

they would NOT censor their games

just an idea

>Bloodborne remastered won't be compatible with bloodborne original

ps1 was always software emulation

they did it because they knew that they could sell 40$ "remasters" instead of 15$ ps2 classics.

i can't wait for the games to look exactly the same as they do on PS4

Jim Ryan also reconfirmed what Kodera said in 2017 that they're in fact doubling down on games, investing in their studios, and also studio acquisitions. The golden age of PlayStation is back.

google stadia uses a symmetrical layout. cry harder

60fps requires different framework and engine, goy
Also make you you get TLoU 8k ed too

Fuck. I guess its time for xbox to go third party

Attached: phil.jpg (480x360, 30K)

Why is this faggot approving select PS2 re-releases on PS4 if they're "so ancient" then? I wish these executive fucks would get tossed out and replaced with people who understand what people outside of yearly FIFA-buyers would like in a new console.

lolol

Attached: Sony's_Shawn_Layden_wants_fewer,_bigger_PlayStatio_opera_2019-05-22_22-21-01.png (973x242, 32K)

I thought Sony nigs said BC wasn't important?

its for people like me who doesn't have the ps4. I would like the ps5 to play ps4 games but im hesitant because of all the censorship recently.

Not sure what you're trying to say. But yeah it'll be really good for me as a fighting game player since I won't have to buy a PS5 to have a good playerbase.

I can't wait to play
uhh

Snoy fanboys will say that whatever Sony says is right.
>Sony doesn't do crossplay
BASED, WE DON'T WANT TO PLAY WITH PLEBS
>Sony starts doing crossplay
BASED, CAN'T WAIT TO PAWN THE XBOTS

>Sony has weeb games on PS4
BASED, PS4 IS THE BEST WEEB CONSOLE
>Sony censors weeb games on PS4
BASED, FUCK WEEBS AND INCELS. CENSORSHIP IS OK

>Sony says nobody wants to play old games
BASED, OLD = BAD, NEW = GOOD
>Sony does BC
BASED, CAN'T WAIT TO REPLAY TIMELESS CLASSICS LIKE SPIDERMAN AND GOD OF WAR AGAIN (WHILE I WAIT FOR PS5 GAMES TO COME OUT)

It never ends

the only thing they already won is drag queen award at their own tranny parades

#TrannyStation

Attached: 1558002862548.jpg (623x861, 153K)

Yeah that's exactly a fanboy is. They defend corporations without giving it a second thought.

yeah, and if that leak is real, you need to pay for a ps+ premium to have backwards compatibility.

Attached: 1558377785831.jpg (687x849, 124K)

It's more meme advertizing to cancerous retarded normies to sell these plastic shitboxes the same way they shilled "4K" this gen.

Attached: brainlet.png (621x702, 56K)

I mean the PS4's success was on the back of a very small handful of very good games, so if they just do that again then I don't see the issue

No, you're just getting more movies games in the future they will just take longer to come out.

yeah about that...

Attached: Sony_accidentally_provides_player_counts_for_PS4_g_opera_2019-05-18_14-41-05.png (763x474, 23K)

>now you can enjoy the censorship with your ps5 friends.

>i WANT a console with few games

this is your brain on sony semen

>I mean the PS4's success was on the back of a very small handful of very good games
On what planet?
The ps4 succeeded purely because Microsoft and Nintendo fucked up.

You can play online with 360 friends, pc, switch, even ps4.

Eat my ass, Xnog
gamepur.com/news/40626-sony-plans-acquiring-new-studios.html

hahah they can't help themselves, now they're copying M$
so sad

>When it's PS2 and PS3, let me know
This. I don't actually care too much about PS3 backwards compatibility but I really want to be able to play PS2 games on PS5.

>copy Nintendo
>and fail
>copy Microsoft
>and will fail
They brought this on themselves.

there's plenty of games. basically every multiplatform thing and more exclusives than on other consoles. sure it can't never match the library of older stuff but it's still okay.

>not ps1-3
Wow who cares

That's it i'm moving to xbox

I bought ps4 for a few games and waiting for Lou2
Then Ps4 pro came out and I kinda got upset I will not get the max fps out of the standard ps4 on Lou2 MP
But now, with ps5 being BC I might pick it up for Lou2 mp

But I doubt it, will probably not come out for years and by then I'll be bored with lou2

Such a shame

>no ape escape 4
nope
because they didn't fuck it up during the ps4 right?

I would love to see the type of mongoloid that break controllers on here. I have never had a single controller across multiple platforms ever die or wear down at all except my launch wired 360 controller that is over a decade old. People here treat their stuff like shit and it shows.

Are you fucking stupid?

I've some snes controllers that just don't work well anymore.

>The first one had PS2 hardware in it. I get it, it's expensive
It actually wasn't, teardowns at launch had the PS2 hardware contributing a mere $27 to the PS3's total cost to build

>UK
If only I could leave it at that, but Sony’s recent censorship shit has been ridiculous as well. Still, unless they start pulling this garbage world wide then I think it’ll all be ok in the end.

>a console that's being implied to rely on streaming heavily
it's trash

It sold/sells on third-party multiplats you're fucking delusional

No... Xbros. What happened to your smugness? I thought I said Xbox had next gen in the bag?

it's coming next year

U

>all these cucks already moving the goal posts because Sony is actually doing BC

Can't wait for next gen and all you seething faggots get a repeat of 2013 lol

Attached: 1557217983653.jpg (623x702, 177K)

mine died in 3 months, you're lucky to get a year out of it

That's not what I want to know. I want to know how backwards compat works. Is it just fucking ps now or will I be able to use my digital purchases/discs on my ps5?

They do

>only PS4
Meh, where is my PS3 and PS2 support?
Fuck you, Sony.

>people are getting THIS excited over 10+ year old technology
amazing

pro tip: multiplats are also the games that defined gen 7. You retards crying about "muh exclusives ruining gaming" are the reason that fifa and gta have gotten so big.

>giant useless rectangle
>anorexic triggers
>easily triggered triggers when put down
>no weight to it
>pointless lightbar that drains battery that Sony refuses to let you turn off but dim only for some retarded reason, which not every game require to be on.
>high chance of pressing giant rectangle's edge by accident when going for start button or r1
>useless speaker
>battery turns to shit fast
>have to open the whole controller to change batteries
>circle is so close to the edge of the controller all because it has to accommodate for the giant useless rectangle.
>high chance of pressing giant useless rectangle instead of square by accident
>stick's rubbers wear off fast
>controller's arms are not curved for best hand comfort
>face buttons are all too close to each other
Just an absolute disaster, the classic dual shock was perfect outside of squishy l2 r2. If they want to keep this shitty design again, at least remove the pointless TouchPad and put back the select button, because that's all the giant rectangle is used for outside of a few pointkess gimmicks, and the select button has shown for years that it was very useful just the way it was as a small rectangle. And the triggers, make them thicker, not this skinny shit.

>2 DIFFERENT PCs can communicate
>this is noteworthy

Anyone else think this is just the minimum of what we'd expect? It'd be retarded not to do this

Attached: 1489153932521.jpg (546x455, 34K)

>halfassed
Yea ok that's why I can play old ass xbox games in 4k

no they don't. and only a handful of 360 games actually get enhanced at all.
i'll take full, unrestricted backwards compatibility over graphical updates for a fraction of a fraction of old games any day of the week.

xbox has no games to censor, but they are turning xbox live into a censored safe space, so there's that.

Attached: 1558371644833.jpg (964x790, 328K)

You'll take PS4 only BC and like it, you'll have to rebuy all those PS1, PS2, and PS3 games through PSN.

I'm waiting for the day when Mark Cerny walks up to the PS5, then inserts a PS2 disc. This will be the thing that utterly breaks this board, and what shitposters fear the most.

if you weren't a faggot you would know the light bar doesn't drain the battery, its actually the touch pad that does that

>PS3
never ever. Or at least, not until 2030 or so when the cell can be properly brute forced. So never ever. PS2 has some support on ps4 and theoretically that support extends to ps5

>the classic dual shock was perfect
All DS controllers are ass, DS3 and 4 are just the most ass due to shit build quality and other issues made worse than they were with the first two. They're not ergonomic at all, the left stick is in the wrong place, the Dpad is segmented trash, this applies to all DS controllers. Sony just slapped two analog sticks on the PS1's pad with little regard for how it actually felt and played and didn't bother changing it with the PS2.

try to keep up. the comparison was between the launch-model ps3 and the xbone, not the ps5 and the xbone.
patents show that the ps5 is getting bc for all those consoles anyway.

It would also need a memory card slot for me to care

what would that even matter anyway? it's not like it's hard to emulate the ps2

>going online
I hope you don't do that

Is this a bad thing? am I supposed to hate sony now?

As long as Matt Booty is keeping Nedella and Phil's shit out of the game studios that's fine. Also, what does this mean, Xbox fans, I don't want PSfags answering because they will turn this into a shit-flinging contest?
>“I kind of see the Gears of War franchise [like] Star Trek ,” he continues. “There’s an underlying optimism in that world, and that’s something I wanted to have in our world as well. Things like racism, sexism, homophobia, are things that aren’t part of our world. The decision to have Kait become the protagonist was really an organic decision, it wasn’t a forced or contrived situation where we were trying to follow a trend. It was completely natural.”
forums.gearsofwar.com/t/rod-fergusson-about-why-kait-is-the-hero-in-gears-5-gears-tactics-design-and-gears-pop-beeing-a-moba/3205

But they still won't do crossplay

wait, now backwards compatibility *doesn't* matter?

They better make it play PS 1, 2,3 and 4 games. There should be no problem doing that, they can lie all day about muh Cell complexity. Nothing special nowadays.

>patents show that the ps5 is getting bc for all those consoles anyway.
Patents are filed all the time and never capitalized on, this dosn't mean its going to have BC with every PS console. It would be great but until we get an official confirmation I'm not holding my breath.

>b-b-but google
Lol

not for ancient platforms anyone can emulate no

>As long as Matt Booty is keeping Nedella and Phil's shit out of the game studios that's fine.
that's not hard to do when their game studios aren't actually making any games.

>Its like Star Trek, free of racism and -phobias! Its a utopia!
What the FUCK does this have to do with killing giant bug-people and stopping them from destroying humanity

>nothing special nowadays
it's still barely emulatable with incredibly powerful pc hardware.

then why was it a problem when the ps4 didn't have it?

You're supposed to hate sony
period

The PS3 actually had games worth emulating, along with the PS2 and PS1.

I think they got infected by the Nedella/Phil bug.

But they are now, under Matt.

The ps3 had no game

it was acceptable then because there was an architectural difference in the console. since that both the ps4 and ps5 are just pcs, it's a given that backward compatibility exists. adding a ps3 emulator to the ps4 would be utterly impractical on the other hand
that said ps3 support would be more valuable than ps2 because you can't just emulate ps3 on a toaster

>PS5 will just get ports

fun fact ps4 can emulate at least portion of ps2 games but of course it's hidden.

What?
It means that it has backwards compatibility or that you can play games with PS4 users crossplatform?

Yeah, but we lack the direct documentation they have access to, and the main thing stopping them from implementing PS1/PS2 is not putting the parts for easy direct methods of emulation / recreation anymore, on top of various other factors. Sony could theoretically make better emulation for most of this stuff than we can, and probably even beat out PS1 emulation as well as make competent PS2 emulation (which they basically have for the PS4, seeing as the PS2 Classics are just upscaled PS2 games with improved rendering and no actual alterations otherwise).

It's not profitable to someone at Sony, so Sony doesn't care to do it when they could.

That's one reason to buy the PS5. But can it play PS3 games? I want to be able to play MGS4 and the MGS HD Collection

Attached: MGS HD.jpg (1000x1151, 211K)

>konami having a meltdown this generation prevented this from getting PS4/XBO/PC equivalents
bastards

Ds3 and 2 were perfect, Sony somehow found a way to shit it up and add the stupid touch pad that like 5 games in total use at all.

>TLOU2 releases on PS4 end of this year
>TLOU2: Relasted releases on PS5 the next year
>PS4 and PS5 players can play together! THANKX BASED SNOY XDDDD"
Could easily see it meaning that.

Sony got the hardware blue prints, they can easily emulate it, or implement it as a hardware extension, not even a shrinkend down version of the Cell, but as a tiny Coprocessor. The PS 5 will definitely have the power to do that. Sony will probably just lie their way out as always. There is no reason for the PS 5 to not have full backwards compatibility, but Sonys greed.

They're the same company that made the PlayStation 2 19 years ago, they're capable of emulating their own consoles.

>The PS3 actually had games worth emulating
oh, it does? is that why people had spent the previous seven years saying the ps3 had no games?
>it was acceptable then because there was an architectural difference in the console.
yet people still flipped the fuck out when it was revealed to not have bc.

DS3/sixaxis L2 and R2 was horrible. At least they made those better with DS4

It means exactly what it says, PS5 players can play PS4 games online with PS4 players.

All DS controllers are bad, DS3 and DS4 are the worst.

Sony just stuck two analog sticks on the PS1 pad, it was not designed for analog in the first place, and never changed it going forward. Handles are short and flat, not ergonomic, the analog sticks are too close together and the left stick is in the wrong place, the Dpad is segmented crap and is better only than the abortions found on the XB and 360 pads.

it's not my fault retards are technically inept

>tfw Konami will never port the entire Metal Gear series to the PC
They can do it, they just don't want to.

Attached: Legacy.jpg (1903x4264, 683K)

>they can easily emulate it
high-end gaming pcs can't even emulate the full ps3 library yet. you're underselling how much of a clusterfuck the cell was. full ps3 bc would be one hell of an accomplishment by sony.

Don't forget the fact that it has some sort of gyroscope or something, which Infamous Second Son forced liberal usage of, but basically no major games used it after a point at all besides Until Dawn. Sony doesn't even list the function on their site compared to the shitty touchpad.

works for nintendo

>just insert your game and we'll download a version of the game we want you to play and not one you inserted!
Fuck that. There we a few copies of games that I tried to BC on my x1s and each of them had a problem that were game breaking.

what

good god this, there are fanboys everywhere but snoyggers are the worst at least the xfags shit on microsoft for their DRM fuckery

top fucking kek who the fuck talks like this

>backwards compatibility only matters when sony does it!

>Sure the PS2 and a couple PS3 models were perfect in that regard, but they completely ignored it this gen.
but they weren't perfect. They even stopped shipping PS3's with hardware to play PS2 games and eventually moved to a model where you had to repurchase games.

That's far from perfect. As much as Microsoft's current system allows for new patches and not every title is upscaled internally. It's certainly a better system than Sony's ever bothered to put out.

I bought a brand new PS4. The mini usb port died in 2 weeks. Wack as fuck, even if Sony replaced it for free.

not really since I still have my PS2

>is that why people had spent the previous seven years saying the ps3 had no games?
I don't know anyone who said that besides the other user, but I would say it definitely had a better lineup than what the PS4 offers. Not to mention certain games that just weren't on PC.

Sonyfans on Backwards Compatibility 2015-2018:
>LOL! WHO WANTS TO PLAY OLD GAMES!? WHAT A WASTE OF RESOURCES!?
Sonyfans on Backwards Compatibility 2019-20xx:
>YES!! FINALLY! BASED SONY! SO INNOVATIVE!! SONY ALWAYS WIIIINS!!!

""""8K"""", meaning 2000p checkerboarded to 4K, pixels doubled and then hq2x filtered

Xbots roll out!

They've already talked about a couple games being cross-gen releases meaning they'll play on both ps4&ps5.
It'll support 8k. More than likely the games will still render at 4k max but everything else will be able to render at 8k like the menu's and what not.

what other modern console has backwards compatibility?
and dont say xbone, because it doesnt
neither does switch

That's what you think. I'd say that the segmented dpad beats most controllers. But maybe it's not for you.

>high-end gaming pcs can't even emulate the full ps3 library yet
They do not have the blue prints. The Cell may be complicated, but can easily emulated with today hardware. It is ancient technology by now. They can still shrink it down if they must and put it on the board. noting special. They want this meme to stay alive though, so people buy suck their dick.

Xbots are pathetic...

The best part is that in this day and age BC just means that companies can just produce dlc for years after the game's initial release.

Hope you like Xenoverse 2 DLC for the next 7 years.

Xbox does have backwards compatibility though

Take your freaky alien hands and go, xboner.

Are they going to give us back PT?

The 3ds

PC has won every generation since like 1989. Enjoy your DilationStation, though.

>it was acceptable then because there was an architectural difference in the console
This has nothing to do with it, did the PS2 and PS3 not have "architectural differences"? Of course they fucking did, yet that didn't stop Sony from releasing several PS3's with full PS2 backward compatibility.

Cost and the inability to sell PS3 re-releases is why PS4 wasn't BC with PS3 discs or digital games. If the PS4 could just play PS3 games, they wouldn't have sold so many copies of games like TLOU Remastered that padded out the PS4's anemic library.

>implying digital BC will be a thing at all let alone bringing back dead demos

>what other modern console has backwards compatibility?
>and dont say xbone
No other "modern console" is using the same architecture as it's previous iteration you brainlet, Even Microsoft's BC requires them to tweak compatibility due to PPC. Next gen should be the first gen in an eternity that's on the same architecture going in with CPU & graphics hardware being made by the same designers & manufacturers.

If you want to complain about backwards compatibility then you also have to complain about companies being cheap and consoles having the shittest ecosystem on earth.

No, its objectively less precise than an actual dpad, for some of the same reasons the Switch's four buttons suck ass too.

>yet that didn't stop Sony from releasing several PS3's with full PS2 backward compatibility.
It did though. They only released 1 model per region and Europe & Aus didn't even get a model with "full" backwards compatibility.

Knock off your shilling, revisionist.

The only true answer. It's all about the bottom line to these companies. Money is the number 1 priority.

Save me, Lockheart.

>all these fucking anons mad that consoles will get games that online multiplayer dont die like they did last gen
>absolutely fucking seething at the idea

jesus fucking christ you bitter fags, this is something great. Stop complaining all the time.

Attached: 9FD676ED-0A9D-48E9-B380-0CB8539736C5.gif (500x269, 1.04M)

Did you just post a graph showing how hard Sony gouges you for playing online compared to Nintendo which barely charges anything? And you're trying to use it to prove the PlayStation is somehow better? LOL. God damn.

Both generations are based on the x86_64 architecture. I'd be surprised if it WASN'T backwards-compatible.

I'll be cool and appreciate your opinion. I like segmented more and you don't. Let's agree to disagree

>>all these fucking anons mad that consoles will get games that online multiplayer dont die like they did last gen
but multiplayer servers are still handled by publishers for the most part. So servers will still get shut down.

It also shows DLC. Which Nintendo has practically none of because they sell you whole games instead of piece-by-piece like Sony. This again is a really bad thing for Sony. That graph shows what complete anti-consumer shitbags Sony are.

>Architectural differences stopped Sony from releasing BC PS3s

>Even though it literally didn't and those BC PS3 models had PS2 hardware inside them

Are you one being objectively incorrect? They dropped it because every PS3 unit sold at a $200-250 loss and they needed to cut costs, even if they were small.

this is Yea Forumsintendo, gotta find something to shit on when it comes to sony

I could say I like the 360's pad the best too but that doesn't change the fact that its less precise. Your personal preference can be objectively inferior.

the question isn't if its possible the question is if they're willing to let people play games on a new console without paying extra money, because the precedent so far is that you won't be able to

consoles used to be backwards compatible, yeah, but that was back when everything was physical and it's not like they were losing out on potential profit on people's old game collections. nowadays? cmon

Yea Forums aside this is great news for the search and destroy community for Call of Duty we get a bigger pool of tournament games.

>Snoy fanboys will say that whatever Sony says is right.
>>Sony doesn't do crossplay
>BASED, WE DON'T WANT TO PLAY WITH PLEBS
>>Sony starts doing crossplay
>BASED, CAN'T WAIT TO PAWN THE XBOTS
I remember this being completely different. Threads for months bitching about how sony won't do BC with nintendo or microsoft when sony has been the OG of crossplay. It was microsoft and nintendo who told sony to fuck off and sony just didn't need them. It was whiney nintendo and xbox kids who kept bitching to sony to do it. Even still to this day I think sony should've stuck to their guns and left the other 2 in the dark.
>>Sony has weeb games on PS4
>BASED, PS4 IS THE BEST WEEB CONSOLE
>>Sony censors weeb games on PS4
>BASED, FUCK WEEBS AND INCELS. CENSORSHIP IS OK
I'm not a weeb and I don't really care about censorship on those games. I like my loli porn as much as the next guy, but why not just play these types of games on the pc? consoles just don't seem appropriate for it.
>>Sony says nobody wants to play old games
>BASED, OLD = BAD, NEW = GOOD
>>Sony does BC
>BASED, CAN'T WAIT TO REPLAY TIMELESS CLASSICS LIKE SPIDERMAN AND GOD OF WAR AGAIN (WHILE I WAIT FOR PS5 GAMES TO COME OUT)
BC this gen to next will be completely different from last gens. Devs can just release a 5mb patch to change a few things and have visuals updated for the new hardware. Hell it wouldn't even need a patch just to play. The architecture will be the same from this gen to next. Its why BC won't be a problem in the first place like it would be from previous gens. This is ultimately why microsoft literally has to go through every game and update them before release them as new "BC" games even though it technically really isn't BC.

I've already played bloodborne sooooo.... No thanks. Censorship up the ass and fewer games than even the PS3. Sony can go fuck themselves.

Pointless if you're going to censor the shit out of everything. I'm never using my PS4 again, I'm switching to PC and leave the other thing unplugged by its side purely as a reminder never to trust any game company ever again.

Attached: 1558140315428.jpg (544x527, 77K)

Honestly i'd say Sony probably already has a PS3 emulator. I can imagine using the PS3 remote play functionality to do what PS Now does, but I can't imagine them having hundreds or more PS3s on literal standby jury-rigged for a streaming service.

including full hardware backward compatibility with the ps2 in the ps3 contributed to that thing being 599 dollars + 100 dollar loss

I have a ps2. I don't need a new console that already plays ps2 games without any improvements.

bye.

Okay what's the best dpad ever then?

>Are you one being objectively incorrect?
No. I'm correcting you when you said:
> did the PS2 and PS3 not have "architectural differences"? Of course they fucking did, yet that didn't stop Sony from releasing several PS3's with full PS2 backward compatibility.
Which is objectively incorrect since it was stripped out of the console before it hit PAL regions and disappeared entirely from consoles after.
It doesn't matter WHY they ripped it out of those consoles, what matters is that they did. Which still makes your statement incorrect.

I'm no the retards you were replying to either so I have no investment in whatever argument you were having before.

Yea Forums on the ps4 not having backwards compatibility:
>FUCK SONY! THEY'RE ANTI-CONSUMER! BACKWARDS COMPATIBILITY SHOULD BE THE INDUSTRY STANDARD!
Yea Forums on the xbone not having backwards compatibility at launch:
>*crickets*
Yea Forums on the switch not having backwards compatibility, or even virtual console:
>*crickets*

it's not actually backwards compatibility, the PS5 is just a supped up PS4

Thats don't sounds like BC at all, just standard crossplay.

Attached: 1553179187721.png (282x300, 76K)

Paid multiplayer

Yuro consoles didn't have PS2 hardware btw, they featured the software emulator instead. Sony still dropped support anyway. I don't know where you got your info from whether it was youtube, wikipedia or directly from your local Sony shill but lmao you wrong kiddo.

>consoles

Attached: 1395614146855.png (429x491, 174K)

Honestly, the DS4 is a better PC controller than it is a PlayStation controller
>Superior dpad position for playing retro games
>Touchpad works surprising well as a mouse
>Gyroscope aiming can be enabled in any game
>Customizable light bar color, can even turn it off or set animations

Only thing it's missing is headphone port output, but that's pretty useless in most cases.

Attached: 2509707 - The_Owl_House kuruko_1_1.png (840x725, 294K)

youtube.com/watch?v=rBU8wRCnaUM

They literally had to put PS2 guts inside of the PS3, later models cut the BC to cut production costs. The PS2 also had PS1 parts in it for BC. With the PS4, they didn't even bother with BC because they knew it'd raise costs. PS4 is the first Sony console to not have some retarded esoteric architecture, meaning the PS5 can easily handle BC without needing to have PS4 parts inside of it. Of course, there's no excuse for the PS4 not having PS1/PS2 compatibility via emulation, Sony's just been a bitch there.

>Yea Forums on the xbone not having backwards compatibility at launch:
>>*crickets*
lmao, no. Yea Forums and everyone else were mentioning that alongside everything else Mattrick was trying to force on the games industry. Microsoft got crucified for it the same way that Sony did. In fact they took most of the heat away from Sony's decision to not have BC.

including the emotion engine in the ps3 was probably the most significant cost that they could have cut. it was an entirely separate coprocessor for ps2 games

the video game market has changed significantly from the way it was back then though, back then they were trying to gain market dominance by selling their super premium console at a loss, with the gimmick that it functioned as a replacement for your existing thing

now they are trying to gain market dominance by selling consoles as cheap as possible and make their money back with software sales - except unlike the old old days, software sales are microtransactions, dlc, and indie games, rather than physical copies sold at significant premium. so yeah, you'll be able to play ps4 games on the ps5. if you buy a transfer license for the low low price of $5 per game, with all of your save files and dlc included!

>lying on the internet
I killed 20+ people in the nightmare of mensis yesterday.

>including full hardware backward compatibility with the ps2 in the ps3 contributed to that thing being 599 dollars + 100 dollar loss
It was about $27 of the total cost, and it sold at a roughly $250 loss, depending on the model.

>fortune.com/2006/11/16/sonys-loss-is-at-least-240-on-every-ps3/
>Emotion Engine and Graphics Sythnesizer
>$27

PS2 BC in the PS3 was not costly, at all.

Every fucking ps3 can play psx games. Don't be shitty ass.

This is peak console wars lad. You should know this by now from at least the ps3/360 days that mislabelling things and disinfo is a huge part of the strat to picking a side.

>It took until 2020 for consoles to get an SSD

Attached: 1425421976396.jpg (920x380, 69K)

The PS1 parts made up more of the PS3 than the PS2 parts did, last I remember. Partly because said PS1 parts also composed a chunk of the PS2, and partly because after the backwards compatibility for 2 was tossed out, all PS3 models retained PS1 functionality even into the slim years.

youtube.com/watch?v=M6EPtdaRmyM

>PS2 BC in the PS3 was not costly, at all.
PAL consoles literally didn't ship with it. They shipped with the software emulator and that was removed eventually too. Sony chose to take BC out of it's ecosystem by choice. Then they got praised when they started selling ISO's with the same emulator later on, even when it had all the same faults and bugs as the launch PAL emulator.

BC as in selling PS4 remastered games, or actual PS4 discs being usable?

>ancient

REREEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!

Attached: Retribution (2006) Hazuki Riona.jpg (716x480, 22K)

see
We've known this shit since the thing fucking launched in 2006, why are you even arguing this? Every teardown of launch PS3s lists more or less the same costs. It took them years to break even on PS3 hardware.

Use google next time you fucking muppets, holy shit.

Didn't Wii U have an SSD?

This, I liked the rumors about the console being able to read discs from Ps1 through Ps4

but I guess that's too good to be true or too expensive for us to afford it ;_;

lol

Reminder that they only removed the PS2 part.

>PS5 BC compatible!
>all this means is that Sony can't fill their first year of ps5 with """"""""remasters""""""" of PS4 games
Sony WINS BABY!

Attached: IMG_4566.jpg (640x478, 20K)

>We've known this shit since the thing fucking launched in 2006, why are you even arguing this?
Probably because some retard's spreading disinfo about PS2 BC & emulation on the PS3. I know most of the people who still like consoles are underaged and never had to go through this era but as far as I can see it people are just correcting someone spreading disinformation.

the ps1 parts were purely emulated and remained emulated when playing ps2 games on the "fully" backward compatible ps3
fun fact, the ps1 parts were also emulated in the scph7500x ps2s which lead to compatibility bugs

>18 Mega Sharts of processing, 800k resolution blast processing while in 980 Frames Per Second with Backwards Compatibility, you can play the Virtual Boy, The Atari 2600 NES, SNES, PS1 PS2 PS3 and PS4 also you can play Xbox 360 games and Gameboy, Wii, Gamecube and Ouya games! While also watching Youtube, Twitch and chaturbate at the same time!
Yeah but do you have any rad games to go along with all this shit?
>...

Attached: 1558468363464.png (201x197, 7K)

>Yea Forums on the switch not having backwards compatibility, or even virtual console:
>>*crickets*
WOW WHY CAN'T MY HANDHELD CONSOLE PLAY DISCS FUCKING JEWTENDOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
sorry we're not retarded enough for this

He's not wrong though. People want the OPTION to play their old games, but they will spend 98% of the time playing new ones. I would rather the budget be used for a bigger SSD or something instead of shit barely anyone will use once they've bought 2 or 3 new games.

>Portable Ops

Fucking Kojima doesn't giving a shit about the game he didn't create

9 more days until Ape Escape 4

Options are for PCs. Enjoy your locked-down console.

>Switch
>games
Good one

>Reminder that they only removed the PS2 part.
And that's the one everyone had issues with them removing.

Okay? PS2 BC was not costly at all, Sony removed it because they wanted to, even if it only saved them $25 a unit. The console was tanking and losing $240 on every unit sold.

Original point being, however, that saying the PS4 wasn't BC with PS3 because of "architectural differences" is beyond retarded, because the PS2 and PS3 sure as fuck weren't architecturally similar and they made it work just fine. The PS4 would have just needed the bare-minimum hardware.

What disinformation? That PS2 BC cost them $100+ and was why the PS3 sold at a huge loss?

If so, yeah, that's 100% factually incorrect.

Nice samefag, let me guess you own a Shitch.

do you have any figures on the ps3 manufacturing costs in 2013?
also keep in mind that both the ps4 and xbone were both necessarily sold at a slim profit because both companies were completely broke after the 7th gen

>Original point being, however, that saying the PS4 wasn't BC with PS3 because of "architectural differences" is beyond retarded, because the PS2 and PS3 sure as fuck weren't architecturally similar and they made it work just fine. The PS4 would have just needed the bare-minimum hardware.
Yeah sorry. I'm not interested in having IGN & GameFAQ's tier discussion from 2006 & 7 in 2019. You're on your own there.

Don't worry user part one of the Remake will be a launch title on it!

Attached: Aya Brea V7.png (295x535, 235K)

So that means PS3 and PS4 failed?

>I'm not interested in having a discussion once I'e realized my entire point is retarded and has no basis in reality
FUNFACT: Most consoles that were backward compatible did it through hardware. Every Gameboy, the DS, the 3DS, the Wii, the Wii U, early PS3s, all did BC through hardware despite "architectural differences"

All I'm gonna say is people should definitely not pre-order this thing until every last specification is in the public view. In our micro-transaction society, there's a very good chance you are going to be charged for backwards compatibility. Either as a subscription,or on a game-by-game basis. They will make up an excuse about having to configure each game independently for compatibility with the PS5 and the extra fee is to offset that service.

You can say "They would never do that!" all you want but come-the-fuck-on. All these people do is nickle-and-dime you every chance you get. You think they're just gonna let this opportunity pass?

Wake me up when you have MS-DOS, Windows 98, XP, and 10 all running from the same HDD (multiple partitions optional) on a modern PC with hardware from this decade and can smoothly play games released from 2019 back to 1989. Emulators and VMs are not allowed.

>this gen at all
>games

ever since i hit age 23 6 years ago there's been fuck all but two games a year i enjoy playing at most.

>no blade wolf and sam dlc for mgr
trash

>xbox bc
works perfectly and even better than the original console in cases and allows lan and multiplayer
>Playstation Bc
known to be hit or miss with titles and had networking disabled

???
What are you fucking on about? You realise that "Anonymous" posters can be different people, right user? Have you time traveled here from '06?

sage

only that all the fighting games will get ps5 sequels so you wont get shit out of this.

bloodborne 2

>cnet.com/news/report-ps3-design-cost-finally-nearing-break-even/
This is from 2009, saying the slim model was finally about to break even. I'd imagine PS3 hardware was sold at at least a small gain by 2013.

The PS4 could have had BC but I agree it didn't simply to keep costs down, it had nothing to do with the PS3 being architecturally dissimilar. Estimates had the PS4 costing about $380 to make at launch, so after shipping costs and the retailer taking a cut, etc. it sold at a small loss that was made up for with a game or two or a PS+ sub. It also probably would have meant fewer PS3 re-releases would have sold well on PS4.
>engadget.com/2013/11/19/ps4-costs-381-to-make-according-to-hardware-teardown/

>xbox bc
>works perfectly or better for like 5% of xbox/360 games
>doesn't work for 95%

>playstation Bc
>works perfectly for like 75% of cases
>shoddy 25%

Can you read? It say right there that the graph includes digital games, not only PS+

Most consoles with bc did it by directly upgrading the previous hardware (Wii, Wii U, Game Boy Color) or by otherwise integrating it into the overall design for other purposes (DS, 3DS, PS2)
Only the GBA and PS3 added BC hardware purely for the sake of BC.

Including PS2 backwards compatibility at 100% required the PS2 hardware inside. Having the hardware inside increased the power draw and heat. Increased power draw required them to need a beefier PSU and needed that 3 pronged cord instead of the figure 8 one that literally every other playstation used. The increased heat required a better cooling solution. The increased power draw and heat are part of the problem for launch models to YLoD and why they all sound like jet engines taking off.
It's not always the price a single part that matters.

With what? Another PS4? Because that's what the PS5 sounds like so far. The PS4Pro2.0.
All its launch games appear to be PS4 games launching simultaneously for the PS5 as an afterthought. And its biggest feature just appears to be attempting to do what the PS4 promised to do in the first place.

Seriously fuck everything. Unless the PS5 does something absolutely amazing like lifting the PS+ requirement, they can forget about me buying another Playstation.
Oh, and stop killing Japanese developers you fucks! And why did you never make another Ape Escape?

>>works perfectly or better for like 5% of xbox/360 games
it's like up to 1/3 of all 360 games

This may help if you only have PC or switch.

Here are the notable PS4 exclusives (not including remasters, if it has a vita version, VR games, and some are not out yet). Some may also be ported at a later date to other platforms:

Bloodborne
Days Gone
Death Stranding
Earth Defense Force 5
Everybody's Golf
Fist of the North Star
Ghost of Tsushima
God of War
Gravity Rush 2
Horizon Zero Dawn
Infamous First Light
Infamous Second Son
Judgment
Killzone Shadow Fall
Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue
Knack
Knack II
Idolmaster Platinum Stars
The Last Guardian
The Last of Us II
The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel 3
The Order: 1886
P.T.
Spider Man
Tetris Effect
Uncharted 4
Uncharted The Lost Legacy
Until Dawn
Utawarerumomo ZAN
The Witch and Hundred Knight 2
Yakuza 6

Remove your dick from your PS4 and learn how statistics relate to consoles and their strengths and weaknesses. The graph was designed to make Sony look bigger than it is by highlighting services that Nintendo doesn't partake in because their business model is entirely different.

based

Attached: moot_draws_asuka.png (912x1140, 628K)

>Dying Piss Sea
Oh no, sorry. It's already a rotting corpse at this time.

good thing i skipped ps4

Attached: pokedab.jpg (536x782, 65K)

Don't mind me, just posting my wish list of games I want to see on PS5
>Parappa the Rapper
>Ape Escape 4
>Twisted Metal
>LittleBigPlanet 4
>WipEOut 4
>Daredevil
>Ratchet & Clank
>Dark Cloud 3
>Jak and Daxter
>Bloodborne II
>Sly Cooper
>Syphon Filter
>Colony Wars

Reminder that the D-pad on the PS controllers is still one piece of plastic similar to Nintendo's D-pads.

Attached: DS4vsSNES.jpg (1000x500, 163K)

SHUT UP AND TAKE MY SHEKELS

>>doesn't work for 95%
It's 100% compatible with all available titles on it to a high degree of accuracy

Lol backwards compatibility so you can play a PS5 remaster with a PS4 remaster.

That is a fake quote, Layden never said anything like it in the interview.

>no armored core
you missed the best one and the franchise that from SHOULD be fucking working on instead of sleeping on.

That's why they whitelist releases and ship with patches/fixes.
Even Sony has tried whitelisting in the past when the vita was around.

>Sony just slapped two analog sticks on the PS1's pad with little regard for how it actually felt and played
This.
The original PS1 controller (which they are all based off) had the d-pad and 4 face buttons where they would be most comfortable to use for the ergonomics, otherwise why would they be where they were? If where the DS2/3/4 analog sticks are is the most comfortable, why weren't the d-pad and face buttons there to begin with?

You say that like it's a bad thing

They only have some games because MS resells and redistributes the games digitally. They have to get a license to do that. It is not an issue with the emulation

This it's why after all these years I never bought into sonys hype after the fisaco with the launch of the PS4,I stopped after PS3

monster hunter will get good use out of this. Honestly no point being a mhw player on pc with the delays on this point. It will load and look way better on ps5 too

You can rationalize all you want, PS2 BC was not costly and "architectural differences" do not prevent BC from being implemented.

PS2 BC was removed from PS3 because it fucking bombed at launch and was hemorrhaging money due to selling at a $240 loss. The idea with loss-leading is that you make up for the losses in hardware with software or other services, but that wasn't happening and the PS3 was just losing tons of money.

Is things being plastic somehow news to you?

That's another thing too. There's a reason Vesperia never made the list.

Because idiots keep on spouting the "segmented d-pad" meme even though it is in fact not segmented as separate buttons.

>Those who cannot afford old consoles

u wot m8?

PS2 refurbished by Sony are like...$100? And not the shitty slim models but the fat ones.

I still have pic related and it's fucking fine, shut up autismo. It plays just like the PS2 controller, although I'll say that the PS3 controller is much more comfortable in comparison

Attached: PS1-Playstation-1-Dualshock-Analog-Controller-Original.jpg (400x322, 22K)

>It will load and look way better on ps5 too
Are capcom going to actually finish the game then? Nice.

t. poorfag

>highlighting services that Nintendo doesn't partake in
Nintendo sells digital games, dlcs and has an online subscription, literally the three things shown in the graph. Their services being ancient shit no one wants to use doesn't mean they don't have them.

Question: why the hell would anyone on this board get a ps4 or ps5? Just see the list of exclusives. Why not build a PC, which is better in every way?

Is everyone a casual or don't play games? Do people on this board only play GTA, madden or fifa?

Attached: 1556209839116.jpg (1024x768, 80K)

Hey don't talk shit about the slim, I still have mine from when they released, countless hours on it, much abuse from leaving it on night and day when I was a kid. It hasn't broken on me yet. All of my friends that had PS2 phats had theirs break.

>Why people have different tastes than me? That can't be possible!

slims are fucking ass

The absolute state of sony trannies, proud to pay more

I mean there's some decent exclusives, user. But me personally being a poorfag can't afford new-gen systems and I have a mid-tier PC that I built like 3 years ago. If I had a bunch of money I'd probably buy all the consoles and one month online pass that I'd rotate each month between the consoles (minus the Switch, if I'm gonna play smash I'm gonna do it in shit-talking distance)

I had the sticks go loose and huge deadzones develop on a DS4 controller I bought last year after about 8 months. The only time I've ever had to use the gamestop extended return warranty.

Fuck you. Give me 51 reasons why or you're just a butthurt phatfag.

>Question: why the hell would anyone on this board get a ps4 or ps5?
WEEB GEIM-
-oh wait. Those have started releasing on PC nowadays.

Unless you're into AAA western shit or fifa etc there's no real point. Unless you literally can't figure out how to configure a game pad. Consoles are there for people who are lazy or don't care pretty much.

I was pointing out that even if the cost of that part was only $27, taking it out means you can save more money elsewhere. Cutting out PS2 also meant they could save money on the PSU, save money on the power cord, save money on a different cooling solution, save money by using a smaller sized board since they don't need to fit PS2 parts in, and save money because they could fit it all in less space when designing the Slim.

What the fuck am I reading

Attached: 1556985849472.gif (320x244, 1.9M)

i don't like those. not gonna give you the satisfaction of 51 reasons. but yes slims are stupid.

In the time I had my Xbox One until I sold it, about three years of me owning it, I went through four, FOUR fucking controllers because they all had the drift problem eventually. The first two I thought it was because I was hooking it to my computer a lot but after that I was extremely careful with the controllers and they still got left stick drift. So fucking annoying.

This. I'd never buy consoles on release day but I'd do it for PS5 simply cause of BC and the prospect of enhanced PS4 games.

You're stupid if you can't come up with a simple 51 reasons why the slim is bad phatfag :)

In the time I've had my xbox one pads (for PC). I've never had that issue.
Then again I'm no a manky cunt and I clean my shit.

As for you: Sucks to suck

It means they're supporting hdmi 2.1 which has support for 8k resolutions or 4k at 120hz. It won't render anything at 8k but upscale on an 8k screen.

The xbox one x has hdmi 2.1 for example.

The best Xbox games are a Sega and Tecmo game, each from 20 years ago.
BC should be the icing on the cake, combining a great new library with a great old library. The Xbone implementation of "drop $500 to play Ninja Gaiden Black and JSRF" (as multiple people on Yea Forums have suggested to me) is doomed to fail because anyone who cares that much can just go retro for less

>The PS2 also had PS1 parts in it for BC
the ps2 used the processor the ps1 used as a subsystem that managed inputs, so to run ps1 games on it they just executed code on that processor. i don't think it cost them much considering they kept it on the slim

nintendo did the same thing on the GBA, ds and 3ds with including the previous console's cpu as an input or security subsystem that they could execute code on for backwards compatibility

but that was back when old chips were far cheaper than they were when the original came out. not so much for stuff now

Again, they cut it (among other things) because the PS3 was bombing and losing tons of money, so even though it wasn't too costly to implement they were looking for anything and everything they could do to get costs down. They expected it to sell like hotcakes like the PS2 did, they expected to make up for the hardware losses with software, but it didn't. I'd wager if the PS3 had been initially successful and hadn't lost billions of dollars it would have retained PS2 BC and other features.

So they can play games that were already ported to PC? Or last year's FIFA?
t. someone selling his snoystation and ignoring snoy until they divest from California

its the single most expensive non-critical system component on that list ya ding dong

Fuck you dick weed I'm meticulously clean, almost OCD level and I don't abuse my controllers either

come up with 2 reasons why slim is better ;)

>PShit 4 barely going to hit 100 million units this year
>$noy deperately trying to launch shit5 next year to rescue themselves from sinking ship
>won
LUVING EVERY LAUGH SHILL

Attached: rise up.jpg (800x533, 39K)

It improves loading times and performance for PS4 games, right? Don't really care otherwise

>is doomed to fail because anyone who cares that much can just go retro for less

it's doomed to fail from a customer satisfacton standpoint but from their perspective its a marketing tool and a sales incentive and they really don't have to put any effort into it long term to generate free revenue over the life of the console

as long as people keep buying last gen games that these companies never thought they would ever get more revenue from, then they're gonna keep re-releasing games you already have for $20

read it carefully, it doesnt say the ps5 will play ps4 games necesarily

OH NO SONYBROS WHAT HAPPENED TO PS3, PS2, AND PS1 BACKWARDS COMPATIBILITY?

>its the single most expensive non-critical system component on that list ya ding dong
Its not, and again, it was $27.

Why wouldn't it? It's not like Sony is gonna jump ship to ARM and re-purpose phones or something. R-Right??

Imagine buying a $500 piece of technology in 2020 to play stuff released in 2002. Literal mental illness.

1. It's smaller than the phat and therefore takes up less space despite having the exact same hardware
2. The phats are more common in their laser disc reader failing
3. Slim looks better than the phat

Gave you one more reason then I had to ;)

>Why wouldn't it?
To keep costs down and so they can re-release PS4 games without competing with their own existing software, duh

>PS2 games looking "Ancient"
>Has PS2 games on PS4 Store
I don't understand this guy

Attached: 1545656722432.png (297x473, 173K)

rumor: PS5 will have real time censorship and white guilt processing.

So it's getting announced on this E3 then? With it releasing this Christmas? Will Microsoft respond in kind with the Xbox coming out this Christmas too?

DS4 is the best controller ever made you muslim.

umm
1. it's small so my ogre fingers can't in to buttons
2. slims have different fails
3. no it doesn't
haha now you see i win.

There is no Start button on the DS4, retard

Next Gen is the death of generational hardware, beside the rise fo streaming tech, all the next hardware is going to be full retrocompatible.

Sony is working on emulation for all the console, PS1, PS2, PS3 and 4 of course.

Same thing for M$. let see what Nintendo is going to do... probably nothing

>sony already passed their 78million ps3 console record
>clear on their way to 100million with the ps4 with still 4-5 years of shelf life left
>sinking ship
ok user

That’s nice but how about the PS3? For sure they won’t have Ps2 Bc, because that could possibly make them lose million in potential remakes.

Mark Cerny already confirmed PS5 will play PS4 games natively, in the interview where the next console was announced

patents authored by Mark Cerny imply PS3/2/1 will be emulated
there are about 4 recent patents showing that Sony is clearly trying different methods to make PS3 cell emulation work on next gen, probably haven't chosen which method yet
PS4 is already confirmed to be ran native not emulated

Fuck you're right wtf im gay

What the fuck do you use your controllers for?
I use them every single day and the worst mine has done is the joysticks rubbing off a little.

Didn't Xbox already do this though?

Meanwhile PC players have had backwards compatibility for decades. Truly groundbreaking. This really isn't that amazing if you know how networking APIs and PS4 and 5 hardware works, but okay.

>4-5 years of shelf life left
lol

If people didn't care about old games then companies wouldn't have been shitting out endless remasters for 7th and 8th gen. I'm sure plenty of zoomers consider anything earlier then 2010 to be prehistoric times but I'm sure a few have taste.

They already confirmed the ps4 will be getting cross-gen games for 3 years after ps5 released. Usually after that a console lasts for 2 years before they stop making them. So I'm low-balling it for realistic figures.

heh some underage wants to sound cool.

No?

the PS2 was discontinued in 2013,
the PS3 was discontinued in 2017,
it's normal for the hardware continue to sell globally for a few extra years after the next gen launched

Yes, it did, you can play with people on the Xbox and Xbox 360 on Xbox One and I expect the same with the Xbox Lockhart/Anaconda.

Fighting games

>Yes, it did, you can play with people on the Xbox and Xbox 360 on Xbox One
>xbox
why lie, the OG Xbox servers have been shut down for almost a decade

Mind as well call it PS4 Pro - Pro

>Mind as well

I mean Xbox 360, you can system link with Xbox, Xbox 360 and Xbox One.

Meanwhile at Nintendon't HQ
>*dabs and shuts down sites hosting roms* fuck BC

lmao cant even put in a usb wire properly

The reasons why is because the hardware is going to be the same lol

>Seething

Why will people keep buying PS4s though, its not like PS2 where it had tons of shit the new console didn't or the PS3 that was propped up for a decade because it needed to recoup billions in losses, PS5 is going to have re-releases out the ass just like the PS4 did. Cross-gen releases died pretty quickly during 8th gen.

Welcome to what pc could do in 1993

>But Nintendo

>believing PR talk

>google stadia

Attached: 1542918253828.gif (320x240, 2.65M)

Next xbox parts are still being made so late 2020. Ps5 is planned to have switch like release in early 2020 or might get delayed to the second half.

>yfw when you still haven't bought a PS4
I knew skipping on this generation would pay off.

Attached: 932810.png (500x618, 415K)

Couch gaming on a PC isn't viable.

PS5 will feature a new HDMI 2.1 which can output at 8K, most likely for 8K Video and upscaled 4K gaming

No. They would win if you can play all your physical PS1.PS2.PS3.PSP and PSV games on it. Nintendo is the one on the top now till snoy stops censoring shit.

Attached: 1466508859711.gif (200x202, 194K)

nintendo has no backwards compatibility at all anymore, no virtual console, and shuts down rom sites, but it's okay when nintendo does it.

>Only thing it's missing is headphone port output
it works via usb though;
maybe it works via BT if you buy that sony dongle too

why couldn't they apply backwards compatibility to any wii u game you bought digitally, like microsoft does?
oh right, because they'd rather pad out the switch library with $60 wii u ports instead of making new games.

Aren't there rumors that DS5 controller will have a screen?

Big if true.

what level?

Cope. 100% compatibility >>> whatever % xbox has

>Move PC
>Plug into TV
>Plug controllers to PC
Boom

If that's the case then the DS5 will be bigger than DS4.

PC don't have Kat's game!!!!!

Attached: gravity_rush_by_toniinfante-dapgqqt.jpg (830x962, 261K)

I hope that this is not true, this shit was already a bad idea on the Wii U and will be a bad idea on the PS5.

>Just see the list of exclusives
try playing some of these exclusives m8 they're actually pretty fun.

Instead they sell you limited supply physical DLC instead.

Not without anime girls, they won't.

Why not?

DS4 is physically painful for me to use
I use the hori onyx, build quality is a little inferior and the triggers are a little too stiff but it is infinitely more comfortable to use

Attached: 71luPuvnEuL._SL1500_.jpg (1500x1500, 111K)

PS4 games are confirmed to run natively, not remasters

Contrarian Yea Forums, never change.

>PS5 is going to have re-releases out the ass just like the PS4 did
>PS4 games are confirmed to run natively, not remasters

It's working well for the Switch though.

I honestly hope they change the DS5 design so it won't just be a rehash of the designs we've been getting since DS1.

Herp derp, of course the PS5 will have backwards compatibility for PS4. It is using the same underlying architecture just beefer.

Navi is just a refined and scale-up Polaris/Vega. The CPU is a going to be a derivative of Zen2.

Xbox One's successor will have backwards compatibility too for same reason.

So where does this place PS5 on the TF scale?

>>Sony doesn't do crossplay
The Big Dog throwing its weight around, bullying and harrassing the pups. No problem, just fun. I can see why you're raging if you bet on the wrong horse tho..
>>Sony censors weeb games on PS4
I'm not a pedophile so this doesnt bother me a lot. I can see why pedophiles might be upset, but really, why dont they just direct import from Japan? Sony Japan is clearly fine with pedophilia.
>>Sony says nobody wants to play old games
Dont be a retard, the Cell was impossible to emulate on the PS4 hardware. Everyone knows this. All this braindead whining makes you look bad.

Attached: main-qimg-afc4972d312a6bc06f651c595fe260f3.jpg (602x403, 94K)

>it's ok when nintendo does it

>Recent deals with microsoft for cloud computing
>8k
>Backward compatible with all previous consoles
It won't be a streaming console... right?

You mean it emulates not even 50% of the entire xbox/360 libraries? Sure. Wait till next gen when they take away the disk drive and really fuck you over.

it had like 32gb of internal flash storage but that's closer to a fixed sd card than a ssd

underrated

>buy 1 game that plays on both consoles
vs
>buying 1 game on cd to play on wiiu only to be released on switch that requires you to buy it again even though its the same game with worse visuals

>Bloodborne comes out on PS4
>Dark souls trilogyy gets ported to PS4
>Bloodborne remastered gets a port to PS5
>Dark souls trilogy gets ported to PS5
>Bloodborne gets ported to PS6
>Dark souls trilogy gets ported to PS6
>Metal gear Legacy and Demon souls will still forever be on PS3

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH

Attached: Gamecube.png (353x287, 8K)

I know you're just baiting but it's still really annoying when people keep saying the stuff Sony is censoring is pedophilia when they're censoring is big anime tiddies. There's some mosquito bites there but 95% is just big ass tiddies that could only belong to an adult and yet there's still people acting like Sony is censoring pedoshit and not acting like unjustified moral crusaders.

It's confirmed to have a disc reader and physical games, but they could very well be using the cloud to emulate PS3/PS2/PS1 games akin to PSNOW, if they choose to go that path.

I want to accidentally get Kat pregnant!

Nothing is getting ported. PS4 will run natively on next gen and probably onwards as well.

Let me reiterate, I'm not a pedophile, so Sony censoring oppai lolis isnt a problem for me. I mean, oppai lolis is a monstrous concept anyway and if you're into that I dont know what to say. Anyhow, whatever degenerate fetisches you are into, they can still be fulfilled if you can just be bothered to walk to that one filthy store that caters to your degeneracy, or if you just go ahead and direct import that game yourself from Japan.

Because PS3 totally works on PS4 right?

Lockhart and Anaconda have disc drives though.

SH-SHUT UP SNOY SH-SHILL

Attached: 1558407859207.png (808x805, 415K)

This could be great. Games like Blue Reflection does not seem to have fps caps and is very pretty but fails to reach 60 fps like 90% of the time. I'm looking forward to be able to play this title again on the ps5.

PS3 and PS4 architecture is completely different. PS4 to PS5 is the same except newer components.

Things which should be expected of companies are now "features" which they graciously allow. Consolecucks, everyone.

Attached: 1528603537532.jpg (238x182, 8K)

Yeah I guess, if you're a mouth breathing retard,
see

Attached: 1494279352888.png (137x130, 5K)

It just boggles my mind when people speak about shit they know nothing about. Both microsoft and sony stated at the start of this gen (before microsoft did its BC stuff) that this gen will be running a more standard PC based architecture so from here on out it would be easier to code for and games will always be BC. As powerful as the ps4 is it wouldn't be able to emulate the ps3 with the complications of the cell processor. Hell I don't even think the x1x could do it fully without having major problems. As for ps1/2 emulators as far as I know there is actually already one hidden in the software.

Oh so you work for microsoft?

>people wasted money double dipping with the ps4 pro when they should've waited for the ps5
LMAO

Attached: 1553440018786.jpg (1043x1130, 87K)

Most those online games be dead in a few years though. The Battlefields and COD games will be replaced with new entries. FF14 is the only thing I can see still going.

Yeah that ps3 bc is so fucking great. At least MS tried and even improved many of the games.

Cracking post, user.

Attached: 1558487197283.jpg (680x834, 140K)

All the leaks say otherwise, stay mad.

They better get rid of that touch pad and fix those sensitive triggers

>PS5 confirmed backwards compatibility
That's good I guess. Still don't see myself getting a PS5 at the moment though. I hardly play my Pro 4 now since all the games I got for it later came to PC and the exclusives don't interest me that much.

I guarantee the ps1 and 2 games were being upscaled and played on giant 4K screens making them look ugly as fuck. THESE are the kinds of cunts that run shit. Execs who dont really care much about games and think old games are pretty much worthless. Fuck this kike. NO SHIT no one would be playing old Gran Turismo games at a Gran turismo event, Gran turismo is a RACING SIM GENRE and people want to see what new tech you have since it's integral tonthe racing sim experience. We still want the fucking option you retard. Did this kike really form this opinion from one single Gran Turismo event?

Shit is x86, backwards compatibility is easy as fuck.

Wait, why is backwards compatibility groundbreaking all the sudden? Hasn't Sony already been doing this?