Best park is the most under appreciated

>Best park is the most under appreciated
What is the EPCOT of sequels?

Attached: 6DFF645E-D0C9-49E8-9668-C1376E24A66D.jpg (1000x722, 257K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=XZaU-Oqo-qs
youtube.com/watch?v=_kZDScT9wz0&t=554s
youtube.com/watch?v=LnXDeCN9mvE
youtube.com/watch?v=B5M1q7NzR4U
youtu.be/tYPw7A3_5pE
youtu.be/zomm_svEpIQ
youtu.be/EPO3S649TNs
youtube.com/watch?v=vl6jn-DdafM
youtu.be/SQPvlbhsv_w
youtube.com/watch?v=r9d2FEAR2t4
youtu.be/bSHr-mR0utk
youtu.be/BCMX7Cmcxus
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Epcot WAS the best park until they gutted it and replaced all the kino rides with new trash.

>tfw literally just got back from didney yesterday
Epcot is trash since they gutted Innoventions. Animal Kingdom is unironically the best now.

The first and only time I went to Disneyworld was in 2013.
What did I miss?

Universal is infinitely better. Enjoy your ALL STAR WARS ALL THE TIME park in about a month.

I cant imagine how Epcot will survive once they close Spaceship Earth for renovations. I think they have to close the front entrance to the park as well for it.

>tfw tower of terror is a guardians of the galaxy ride now
I didnt ask for this

EPCOT's futurism theme was doomed from day 1. A constantly updating World's Fair is stupid expensive to maintain.

serious fucking travesty right here, next to vikings being frozen over.

I don't really remember what was in epcot besides there being like a tour of the universe in the big sphere, and like all those little countries

I have a year round band for Disney, but nobody cares to come with me is there a cool user that would hang with me?

The amount of backlash that Disney got when they started making plans to change the Tower of Terror in Orlando should be noticed. I doubt they’d try to change it in Orlando now unless they want sales to tank from long time people

Will there be sex?

They arent allowed to put anything marvel in orlando due to contracts.

The only times i went to disney were in 2012 and earlier this year, because im was a filthy poor third worlder before.
>Epcot was shit in 2012 and is shit today.
>Hollywood used to be the best, but now it has loud star wars shows every 30 minutes, holy shit thats annoying. Fantasmic is still the best ending show, and it has some of the best rides.
>Animal kingdom is pretty but the only great ride is Everest. Pandora is pretty but simulators get boring fast. Their ending show is crap
>Magic kingdom is big and nice, full of stuff, but hard to do in a single day. Nice fireworks at the end. 7 dwarfs rollercoaster has too much lines for a simple childrens coaster.

>got to ride tower of terror maybe a month before they shuttered it
I never gave a shit about disney when i was a kid but going there as an adult was one of the best vacations i've had.

Are you fucking serious? That's enraging.

>tfw EPCOT City will never be real
>tfw jews kiked Disney too hard for Walt to ever realize his vision
It hurts every single day.

>all these people talking about Disney
>tfw never been there
Is it kino? Is it trash consumerism?
Am a 30 years old boomer now, is there a place for me there among the chilcren?

Island of Adventure was just perfect before they took out the Dragons coaster. Now its a bit too weak.
But now the park stays open for longer and you can hop into Universal studios easily for one last ride at the Rock-It before leaving

Only in california

Its kino, if you have a fuckload of money. I go every year to either disney or universal.

Is it kino? Is it trash consumerism?
It's both, but it's genuinely a great time and I highly recommend it.

It's expensive and overcrowded, I like Islands of Adventure best

New jurassic park actual roller coaster is being built right now at ioa

By yourself, no
With some boomer buds, maybe

Look, i kinda hate disney as a corporation and all the consumerism, but the parks are top notch. Actual effort into "lets make this stuff dreamlike".
As for older people, if you dont have a heart of stone you should like it. My parents first went there in their 40's and loved it.

I fear that disneyworld is going to buckle under star wars land now. Its going to be nothing but star wars everywhere you look and i hate it.

The countries are better than anything DisneyWorld has to offer

Never been to disney, but I went to universal for spring break. Walked into the bathroom near the Simpsons area and stepped into a log of human shit in my flip flops

fucking rank

where my busch gardens chads at?

Attached: 1535594492120.png (241x209, 51K)

>Is it kino? Is it trash consumerism?
Its unironically both. Their job is to sell happiness, that alone should get you jaded as all fuck, but you know what they sell happiness damn fucking well and know how to make the parks the best they can be, so you can't come out feeling any other way.

>Overcrowded
Go during the right times of the year. January 25th - February 25th dont rain much, is a bit cold, but have small lines.

Criminally underrated park, never knew it existed first time I went with friends and it blew my mind.

>stepped in a log of human sneed
Based springfield

They have some of the best rides, but fuck their zoo and fuck seaworld.
Genuinely makes me fell bad, and thats not what i got into amusement parks for.

Will do when I have the opportunity. When I was a kid we'd go at Christmas time so my Disney experience involved quite a lot of waiting.

>Americans shart in the park
not surprised.
Its more a problem with your country more than a problem with the parks.

Apparently a Disney employee found Figment from the Dreamcatcher in a warehouse and moved him to his office so he wouldn't rot.

Attached: proxy.duckduckgo.com.jpg (600x300, 40K)

Some zoos are trying to do good work (Jack Hannah/Columbus Zoo), but shit like Sea World should be raided by the cops and everyone arrested.

I guess Bioshock 2

>americans
>at theme parks
Those parks are loaded with brazillians and europeans. I have an annual pass and those shit stains are everywhere

>go to Disney for a week and visit all the attractions in and near the city
>best memory of the entire trip was this instead
My childhood dream had always been to grow up and ride her one day as I grew up watching her launch and come back on TV all the time. As the years went by I had long since given up any thought of ever even seeing her in person, let alone be that close to her. I had no idea she was there when we went, when the wall behind the video projection opened I got the biggest surprise of my entire life, I must have spent an hour just standing there staring at her and crying my eyes out.

Attached: Atlantis with Orbital Sunrise.jpg (1900x950, 366K)

Don't blame us
It's the fucking tourists
Probably Poo in Loos

Who here /davenport/Haines city/Polk county/?

GET ME OUT OF THIS HELLHOLE

That's a very sweet and touching story. This is why I love this country, even if we have a metric fuckton of problems

I liked Disney when I went with my school years back, my parents took us a year later and I didn't like it. I never did like traveling far for a long time and I never liked theme parks to begin with, but Disney is fun. Kinda was a dick to my parents and I should have been more appreciative of it

Is your house still flooded?

anyone else here excited for the nintendo park they are building at universal?

fuck disney, really who gives a crap about onions wars

Attached: super-nintendo-world4.jpg (3412x1908, 963K)

it is japan only, and might be a rushjob

Nope. Its coming to orlando too. Its replacing curios george kids zone and barney.

What are some Tree of Life moments in vidya?
>Awe-inspiring
>Makes you happy to be alive
>Elicits a feeling of childlike-wonder

Fuck forgot the pic

Attached: Disney_Animal_Kingdom_(27589660700).jpg (1200x900, 381K)

More importantly, what else are they going to build?

Attached: universal-land-purchase.jpg (1033x733, 266K)

There’s so many more countries they should add like Brazil, Greece, Russia, etc.

Also they need to fix the figment and nemo rides they kinda suck. I knew figment was gonna have that skunk spray segment, so I stopped breathing before it happened. Still gross

Thats too far. They better make a resort there instead.

But the best park is DisneySea.

Attached: 3016_sea_01.jpg (575x320, 85K)

Brazil would be shit in epcot
t. brazilian

I feel like it will be disappointing, with it being 99% Mario

As a Commiefornia resident with regular annual passes I was initially pretty pissed too but, whatever you have to say about theming aside, the GotG ride is a complete improvement as a ride. Technologically, pacing wise, variety. It's all around superior. Not to mention California's Tower of Terror was always a budget version of Florida's anyway. It's a hard thing to stomach because of nostalgia but I can begrudgingly admit the change to GotG was a good one and I'm glad the best Marvel property got it and not some bland Avengers save New York ride or something

one day i'm going to visit japan and go to disney sea

I went on a disney cruise, twice

Disney is literally Boomer Heaven (as well as Australian heaven) everything there is made to feel like you're in the 60's/70's, which is why OP is correct in that Epcot is was the best park
t. live in Orlando and went last summer

I was there a few weeks ago, and spent 5 hours queuing for that stupid Toy Story ride that people said was amazing but in reality was just a stupid Wii Sports tier minigame ride.

The Tower of Terror was also extremely underwhelming and was over just when it started to get interesting.

Only fun I had at that park was just walking around the pretty areas they had designed.

Me and my wife have the Epcot pass actually. We love it so much and we live in Orlando so we pretty much go there to hang out whenever we're bored.

Nah Fuji-Q Highland is superior. At least it has proper rides.

get out of here TimTracker

Thats even worse than replacing BttF with that shit Simpsons ride. Trashing Jaws for Transformers was also a tragedy

Do people actually have fun riding Disney rides? It feels like an enormous meme I'm not in on.

Being an EPCOTfag is suffering, but EPCOT also has best soundtracks
youtube.com/watch?v=XZaU-Oqo-qs
youtube.com/watch?v=_kZDScT9wz0&t=554s
youtube.com/watch?v=LnXDeCN9mvE

Disney as a whole is really starting to bore me after 20 years though. I wish I had friends/gf/family of my own to go with though

Attached: IMG_9447.jpg (3264x2448, 2.33M)

I love how the water glows at night, despite there being no lights.

>Disney have the best water parks in flori-

Attached: IMG_20170807_091422.jpg (958x718, 177K)

A lot of them had soul, Spaceship Earth had it once
youtube.com/watch?v=B5M1q7NzR4U

Both of these are correct, but also Epcot has the best food out of all the parks and is the easiest one to just chill.

It is weird going there now, because the front of the park is virtually empty and it used to be filled with all sorts of cool tech and props.

They scrapped jaws for diagon alley, and desu diagon alley is fucking awesome. It makes me sad knowing jaws is gone but they sure did a bang up job on that harry potter shit, and i barely care about harry potter

2008 Spaceship Earth score is great you fool.
youtu.be/tYPw7A3_5pE

You're not wrong. That park is fucking magic. Has a ton of secret shit to find too.

>diagon alley is fucking awesome
Gringotts ride is pretty weak imo, but the theming of the area is top notch.

As an adult, you go to Universal for rides, you go to Disney for the food and ambiance, which Epcot has in spades. The only ride that hits the level of Universal rides is the Rock N Roller coaster, Disney's other rides are fun in their own ways, but they are more focused on kids. The water parks at Disney are awesome though.

>dislike the disney Star wars
>wanna go to galaxy's edge so bad

I think it looks pretty cool bros desu.
The logistics of disney world are insane, it's quite an amazing operation of food/merch/fireworks/people that happens 19 hours a day. Plus all the resorts and whatever. It's amazing how it can run

Here's a leak of the new Star Wars Galaxy's Edge ride at Disneyland.

youtu.be/zomm_svEpIQ

Apparently it's a literal vidya that divides a party of 6 into pilots, gunners, and repair engineers.

I'm going on June 5. I'm hype as fuck. I'm a literal man child, bros.

If you're not a child/manchild and aren't interested in the LARPing bullshit, then the only good place at Disney is Blizzard Beach and Typhoon Lagoon

>tfw EPCOT has always been the comfy park despite the zombie like condition it has been in
>MK and Hollywood just fucking suck, seriously even the Contemporary sucks now since everything is Overpriced
>fuck MK crowds, fucking spic/pajeet/chink tourists clog up the place
Hell AK is doing better than MK right now, I can't stand the park anymore and it's only appeal is Space Mountain and the fact that it closes so damn late

Attached: 1554011820966.png (1100x846, 420K)

Oh fuck yeah thanks for the leak senpai. Hope you enjoy it and get some nice custom saber/droid

>he didn't do the college program

Attached: 469.jpg (489x499, 27K)

>commiefornians have negative taste
you wretches never surprise me

I hope you have fun user, but i gotta say the crowds are going to be unironically a shit storm. Im going to wait for the hotel to open before planning a trip. But ill definitely visit

they never planned to change the orlando one

>tfw you will never live in a retro-futurism utopia
youtu.be/EPO3S649TNs

Attached: 1552701354879.gif (336x256, 401K)

Kennedy Space Center is kino
I always loved the building with the Saturn V

>never intend to go to a park in my life
>been to tokyo/hk
>never went
>still watch a bunch of videos about disneyland/world

It's just interesting watching, but no way could I go alone. Anyone have any good informative videos about the park?

>the crowds are going to be unironically a shit storm
Yeah, they're doing the timeslot thing that Universal had to do with Harry Potter during peak.

>tfw I remember seeing this thing and it's brothers launch from the other side of FL and the light of the engines was so bright I could see it as if it was in my backyard
Someone please tell me we're going back

Attached: 1554418868471.jpg (1024x934, 78K)

>Anyone have any good informative videos about the park?
Yesterworld, Defunctland and Expedition Theme Park are my favorite channels regarding theme parks.

>Someone please tell me we're going back
youtube.com/watch?v=vl6jn-DdafM

Universal has better rides but Disney World is much more comfy to walk around in.

I watched some defunctland stuff and that was good. I'll note the other two, thanks mate.

>Yea Forums will defend something objectively inferior if it means they get to both shit on something new and popular while clinging to nostalgia
Sasuga

Thanks bros. I'm going to try and get both a saber and droid. I'm at the 8pm to 12am slot. From what I've seen in the cast member preview, the later on in the day, the less busy it seems. Hopefully this means less wait time.

I also hope the sabers and droids dont sell out. They shouldn't though, they're $200 for saber and $100 for droid. I was at Disneyland 2 days ago and caught people leaving the cast member preview. They said it was $500 for everything they bought lol. They bought one of everything with some accessories.

I hoep the Star Wars thing is fun.
Disney World is like being in a luxembourg-style city-state for rich people, it's so nice.

I'm crossing my fingers hoping that 2024 doesn't give us another faggot dem president that cuts space to give moar gibs to niggers

The Kraken at Seaworld is the best roller coaster in Florida

I like EPCOT because of it's tragic story, the park fell from grace and it was so much better

Attached: super_nintendo_world-1024x526.jpg (1024x526, 66K)

>you still might live to see a moonbase actually happen
damn. I want to believe.

As someone who had been on both the Florida and California versions of ToT, this guy is on the money. The California version was just a nerfed version of the Florida ride, which still exists, and what matters in the long run.

Ascended taste, user

Unironically, i got married at universal studios. It was incredible.

probably because Universal already beat them to the punch?

Attached: remember the good years of comics.jpg (1280x720, 200K)

Kraken is fucking amazing. Seaworld has some really fucking good coasters and the lines were super quick back when everyone was boycotting

agreed. He was on his deathbed dreaming up new stuff for Epcot City. He was going to help us terraform planets next and conquered the stars, but the 'they' said "no".

Save yourself some disappointment and go to Six Flags or Cedar Point instead. Roller coasters were always where the kino was.

Manta is better.
I don't know why they didn't pick that for the VR headset.

Attached: galactica-3.jpg (1530x2048, 655K)

Yes. Universal owns the theme park rights to marvel, east of the mississippi. However, universal isnt allowed to build any new marvel attractions, only maintain what they have, and if the property falls into a state of disrepair, they can revoke the rights back to disney, which will never happen honestly because they dont want to lose that sweet i.p. double dip on disney

I heard the Star Wars rides have tons of problems.

unironically mazel tov

That's what he's referring to, genius

More like
no Avengers
no X men
Guardians of the Galaxy is coming to Epcot though and there's still other capeshit

The parks are fun when you aren't alone or if you have a family. I hate the company but the parks do still have some soul left in them. Also It's where I can run into white people since there's hardly any in South FL

People go alone all the fucking time

they have one millenium falcon ride that seats i believe 12 people. so imagine the lines to ride the falcon. also its a rider interactive ride that changes based on how well you do as a group, so if you have a bunch of inbreds in your group after youve waited 5 hours to ride the damn thing youll crash the falcon and be told gg no re

>However, universal isnt allowed to build any new marvel attractions, only maintain what they have, and if the property falls into a state of disrepair, they can revoke the rights back to disney
I'm pretty sure they're allowed to build new marvel stuff but they don't really want to give Disney any more free publicity.

I hate what they did to Test Track. It used to be an awesome Crash test dummy experience, but now it's just some zoomer create-your-own-car shit.

Mission: Space is probably the only "new" ride I actually like at Epcot

These VR rollercoasters are so fucking lame

>Sequel takes the original game in it's entirety and builds off it to make it better in every way while losing nothing from the original
>"hurrrr the original is better because I can replay it in an afternoon"

Attached: Banjo_Tooie_Boxart_(North_America).png (2098x1535, 3.43M)

I just want to take a moment to point out and appreciate how fucking cool it is that they made a city scape that mirrored comic book cities and it actually fucking works (on a small scale).

Bravo, Universal.

Attached: home.jpg (1978x1523, 810K)

>Is it kino? Is it trash consumerism?
It's both

>Test Track
ah the "Drop a penny and it breaks all day" ride

Should have actually referenced it then instead of being vague, wise guy.

The smell of the e.t. ride.

Original Disneyland has more soul.

Why yes, I believe that was Walt Disney's whole point. Just get immersed as fuck and forget you're who you are and have innocent fun again. That being said, the singles policies are a little harsh...

I never quite get the people who shit on Disney rides and go hurrr Six Flags or insert other thrill ride park at least has real rides! Disney is basically the theme park version of Yea Forumss favorite word comfy. I don't go to Disney for quick thrills I go to get caught up in the atmosphere and feel like you're in a different world. Going to Six Flags, Universal or any other thrill ride park just leaves me feeling empty. You go on a few big rides that are over quickly and then you're back to the nothing. When I had my passes I hardly even needed to ride things. GF and I would go after class or work and just walk around for a few hours and enjoy soaking it all in. I'm also a fucking sucker for the craftsmanship that goes into Dark Rides though. I'll take Splash Mountain, Sinbad, Peter Pan and Roger Rabbit over rollercoasters any day

People who hate tooie are brainlets that couldn't handle actually exploring and remembering shit for a later time. I can understand preferring kazooie for a streamline experience but beating tooie was an experience.

It's good, buuuuut you're going at the absolute bare minimum $1,000 to enjoy yourself.

MUST VISIT parks:
>Epcot
>Hollywood Studios

>Optional
>Magic Kingdom (yeah it's the most iconic theme park but really it's 95% for kids)
>Animal Kingdom (literally just a big zo)

Avoid/Not worth your money
>Blizzard Beach &Typhoon Lagoon (have fun standing in line for 2 hours just to ride a 20 second water slide)

Ahh yeah love me some superstar limo. God what a shitshow of a ride.

It's shit

Go to Universal

Attached: fortdab.png (600x300, 258K)

fucking truth (too bad it isn't being kept up as well as it should)

I was there the day Indiana Jones Adventure opened up, and it blew all of our fucking minds. Peak themepark kino right here.

Attached: kino.jpg (514x321, 246K)

>the singles policies are a little harsh...
explain

Attached: 1523209373259.png (500x422, 12K)

I get what you mean, but Six Flags has better thrill rides. If only there was a combination of both.

That's what the contract is, dingus

Knott's Berry Farm was the closest. Stuff like the ghost town, Camp Snoopy and the log ride show it's potential plus it has stuff like Ghost Rider and Silver Bullet. There's a nice Snoopy and Western theme mix with thrill rides everywhere. Plus being blanketed in huge trees helps it feel cut off from the outside world.

I remember going to Animal Kingdom when it first opened. The line to get into the damn bugs life show in this tree was like 2 hours.

What the hell were we thinking

Mandatory penis inspection in front of the park, separate lines that are just naked concrete hallways built under the rides (so no comfy waiting in line entertainment) and you can't get on a ride until an odd number group sits down first.

Last time I went on Manta it broke down mid ride and I got to look at the ground for 20 minutes

Aquatica is better than the Disney waterparks anyways

How is Volcano Bay though?

Pretty cool but the virtual queue system still needs tweaking

Oh yeah Knotts berry farm is amazing. I think Ghost Rider is one of my most favorite rides simply because it's a huge fucking wooden rollercoaster.

I heard it was just one giant sex orgy during the non-working hours.

yep.

but is it a huge fucking wooden rollercoaster ON FIRE?

Attached: 8RC-WickerMan.jpg (748x485, 59K)

So Walt's memory lives on I see. Very good.

>before they took out the Dragons coaster. Now its a bit too weak.
Wait what, they got rid of ice and fire?

Attached: A3EE801D-265B-4032-9E6B-3BB4C6D8A4B9.jpg (750x513, 18K)

I got rejected from it

do they still have the michael Jackson space adventure

absolute kino

Only if you're a 1000% chad or gay

Anyone ITT been to Disney Paris? I had always heard so much shit about it but my gf and I went over the summer during our Euro trip and fucking loved it. It's like the modern day version of what Disneyland should be. Things are mostly the same but bigger and better. Thunder Mountain is an entire fucking island with a longer and more exciting ride. The entirety of Tomorrowland is Jules Verne themed instead so it doesn't feel tacky and dated (RIP to the moon tho), the Pirates/Swiss Family Robinson area is a fucking amazing marvel of park design. It feels like you legitimately walk into a jungle that's separate from Disneyland. It also has some of the coolest non-ride interactables that I've always found to be the coolest part of Disney parks because it gives the park a feeling of exploration.
>Dragon under the castle
>20,000 leagues submarine walkthrough with kraken
>Swiss Family Robinson treehouse
>Davy Jones locker
>Skull Rock
>Captain Hook's ship
>Mexican village
>Alice in Wonderland maze
>Two story sleeping beauty castle interior
>Long themed hallways behind the shops on mainstreet

Wooden rollecoasters have so much soul. Having constant fear of it falling apart only adds to the fun.

Yeah because idiots were bringing handfuls of change and rocks and throwing them when the two coasters meet. Someone even got a drink on the ride at some point and threw it at the other coaster.

>Polk county
I'm over by Easter Lake, sup homie.

They're replacing it with a new Hagrid coaster.
youtu.be/SQPvlbhsv_w

Favorite rollercoaster?

Attached: CD8A7341-539E-447E-BF3C-418393041760.jpg (1280x720, 132K)

I thought they reopened it for some anniversary, didn't they? That was awhile ago. Now it has been re-purposed as a Lilo and Stitch encounter. (previously Rape Alien encounter)

The mummy. Easily the best ride at universal. The fact that they still use the cheesy brendan frasier mummy makes it undeniable kino

Always some assholes ruining it for everyone else. God, even queuing for that ride was fun. Going through a frozen castle with knights frozen solid if you were going for the ice dragon. What a shame

What's in the volcano

oh man that looks shitty

Attached: not so smug penguin.png (765x568, 48K)

This is the best ride in Orlando period, and I fucking hate roller coasters. This shit was amazing to ride.

Rip Ride Rockit

How do you guys get this shit so badly mixed up, you sound like my Dad
>Captain EO re-opened briefly as a Michael Jackson tribute
>Now replaced with some PIXAR shorts show

>Alien Encounter was at Magic Kingdom, aka not-ALIEN film ride, and replaced with Stitch which is now closed

this
the entire setup and concept was fucking amazing

They should have just made mandatory shackled hand guards and been done with it.

I’M BILL PAXTON

THE FORCE OF A TORNADO CAN RIP THE ASPHALT OFF A ROAD

Attached: F0B009B6-1396-4BDF-B7BC-A91100BC9D4E.jpg (1024x574, 60K)

>some PIXAR shorts show
It's Disney and Pixar.
I liked seeing "Get a Horse" again.

I miss it so much bros. Im not going to skip another year like i did this year. Time to start saving

Attached: 20170517_231726.jpg (4032x3024, 2.48M)

Holy fucking shit you are high.

This isn't the 90s. Animal Kingdom is REQUIRED and Epcot is only necessary if you drink

Universal is nothing but 4D Rides now. You ride one ride there then you've rode pretty much all of them, they're all the fucking same

>the two leads hated each other so much after filming that they had to record their bits for the ride in separate booths which is why they're always on separate screens in the ride

Can confirm. Lived at Vista Way

t. Never done it. I need her a Chad nor gay and I still got laid dozens of times

>animal kingdom
>optional

Great shit opinion you have there.

Attached: who let this pleb in.jpg (860x826, 268K)

>I need her a Chad nor gay
wat

Bido gam

This. I used to hate Animal Kingdom as a kid when it first started out but I was there two years ago and it's gotten WAY fucking better, it's easily one of the best.

*I'm not a Chad or gay

Sorry I had a stroke

Attached: s-l640.jpg (480x640, 65K)

>being this stupid
Are you really this sheltered youve never been to a fucking theme park?

What the fuck is this boxart holy shit

Attached: 1528667690707.png (363x373, 254K)

It was my favorite park. Growing up in FL guaranteed occasional school field trips there. Even worked there on the graveyard shift clean up crew back in 2000 when some of the older exhibits were still open.
But sometimes I wish Disney had lived long enough to build the real EPCOT.
youtube.com/watch?v=r9d2FEAR2t4

They came close in Celebration Florida.

Obviously it wasn't as high tech or ambitious as Walt's vision, but it incorporated a lot of what he felt was important.

youtu.be/bSHr-mR0utk

youtu.be/BCMX7Cmcxus
Why does Disney hate space kino land?

It amuses me how it was such a crazy idea that only Walt Disney himself was trusted to pull it off. Investors dropped from the project like lead weights after he passed away

*blocks ur path*

Attached: 1542867476078.png (1000x1000, 1.73M)

Say hello to the best rollercoaster of all time. Period.

Attached: 1542595710207-2338x1047.png (2338x1047, 2.72M)

RIP

Attached: maxresdefault (1).jpg (1280x720, 171K)

>tfw poorfag living in fucking oklahoma of all places
>no good parks nearby
>no money to go to the ones we do have
>we're only just now getting a not-shit arcade after god knows how many years, but it's being built in one of the deadest malls around
the midwest is SUFFERING

Attached: 1526543918251.jpg (260x222, 13K)

based and KSCpilled

So glad Ed Ball didn’t allow that carnie to build his theme park in Wakulla Springs.

>NASA budget shrinks almost every year since Lyndon B Johnson in 1966 under presidents of both parties
>better blame the Democrats!

More logically it's a lack of exciting projects that drive up funding. The lunar landings were basically a marketing campaign that drove up the budget to nearly 6 billion 1966 dollars (~43 billion today), over 4% of that year's budget. However, once it was over there simply wasn't the drive to fund NASA anymore, with funding either dropping or growing at a pace slower than inflation (NASA is now less than half a percent of the budget). The advent of privatized space travel has also ground down desire to fund NASA, especially among the more libertarian types ("just let the free market do it lol").

Hopefully this new campaign will bring that excitement back.

NASA doesn't do shit. They're fucking useless at this point. Why would you give them money?

Way too concrete for my liking

EPCOT is the fucking tits because you're hammered after one lap and then you can just fucking run the next lap and the combination of changing architecture, music and scenery blurring past you will make you wonder what's even real anymore, including yourself

it's the best ride and i do it every time

also i love that big doofy purple dragon they got as a mascot, figment is the shit and deserves better than he gets, heard some fagstorm walk by the bush cut like him and say some shit like LOOK IT'S PUFF THE MAGIC DRAGON and i almost developed heat vision in that fucking instant

Attached: 13884601947_22c3ee6a27_o.jpg (4288x2848, 1.92M)

Based and Redpilled post

no way

If they wanted to build more Marvel stuff, they would need permission from Disney which will obviously never happen.

Wrong, they changed the timings of the roller coasters a few years ago so they wouldnt "meet" again because someone lost an eye due to flying change, but that isnt the reason it got deactivated.

It hit the "End of life" (Read: expiration date) and would need to be pretty much 100% replaced by 2 brand new identical dragons if they wanted to keep it. Instead they went for the (seemingly boring) hagrid coaster.

>If they wanted to build more Marvel stuff, they would need permission from Disney
No, they have the exclusive contract for Orlando and Japan.

This ride is gone, now its a transformers simulator.

Yeah, but they still need to come to an agreement with the IP holder before they can do anything.

Not in Orlando and Japan

FUCK the cedarjew. Geauga Lake FOR LIFE

The thing with universal is that they own the older version of Marvel. They can never use the likeness of the MCU because that is owned by Disney.

That's a good thing

No shit, Universal struck gold with that deal. The Marvel area is straight up kino

>Updating Amazing Adventures of Spider-Man but still keeping the 1994 show designs
nice

the queue of that ride is pure soul

Attached: qb34vy.jpg (2736x3648, 2M)

Shame the Hulk queue was completely redone with weird CGI transformations.

Incorrect. Jimmy fallon took twisters spot

its nice but expensive as fuck, if you ever go their stay in the Polynesian hotel if you have the extra money

>tfw fast and furious """"ride""""
I forgave jaws, i forgave twister, i forgave back to the future, but how dare they put that ride where beetlejuice and earthquake once stood.

That '''''''ride'''''''' is fucking trash. The queue is fucking cool as shit though if you are into cars, but why the fuck would you make it into another Kong like ride. The Rock and Christoper Walken died for this?

>the last 2 rides to open at Universal Florida have both been "dude tram port lmao"
>First ride officially confirmed for Universal Studios Beijing is the fucking fast and furious one

Attached: 1457815681778.jpg (300x300, 94K)

Universal always is two steps foward, one back
>fucking fast and furious ride shit
>later they announce new jurassic park roller coaster and hagrids coaster
>fucking secret life of pets ride that no one ever asked for
>but leaks now show they are making a huge new park with a huge nintendo place
Universal is fucking weird, but i think they are going the right path, with the leaks of the Mario Kart ride and more roller coasters, i really hope they give up on "LOL, JSUT PUT A SCREEN AND MOVE THE CHAIR, IT DOESN'T EVEN NEED TO BE 3D"

Attached: Screenshot_1.png (660x494, 464K)

It's expensive as fuck and fucking CROWDED I just went recently and a lot of rides had 3-4 hour wait times

>bizarro
>pic of millennium force
Okay GP

Secret life of pets did insane box office numbers. Im not surprised they went with that i.p. for a ride. Its like minions, it prints money