The best selling fighting game of all time

The best selling fighting game of all time.

Attached: 3max.jpg (497x808, 101K)

Other urls found in this thread:

nintendo.co.jp/ir/pdf/2019/190425e.pdf
capcom.co.jp/ir/english/finance/million.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Is smash actually a fighting game or a party game for people who can't play actual fighting games.

>Platform Fighters/Party Game
Get it right Faggot. The game is in it's own genre.

seething snoy

user that's not the best selling fighting game of all time, you used the wrong pic.

Attached: wsb.png (800x438, 602K)

I don't own a PS4. I own an actual computer. Like a sane human being.

I regret buying a Switch the thing is trash, plus Nintendo stole all my games. Ultimate is good though, but it inhabits its own genre.

Fighting game for toddlers

It's a platform fighter, which is a fighting game subgenre, so it's a fighting game. How casual it is has nothing to do with its genre.

Smash Bros is PvP strider/Ninja gaiden
Its Not a fighting game

With a bad online system and its main campaign doesn't compare to Brawl's.

>all this coping with being dabbed on by babby's first fighter
Literally lmao'ing @ the furry gay community right now
t. FPS Chad

Attached: based.jpg (1024x1024, 54K)

>fighting game

False that Title goes to Street Fighter 2. If you count literally every version ever released it trumps Smash hard. SNES alone has 12 million sales across 3 versions of SF2.

It's a beat em up. Not really a "Proper" fighting game per se.

platform fighter

Smash was on 13.81 million a month ago.

Casual fighting game. It's based more around chaotic fun than competitive balance, but even a casualized FPS would still technically be an FPS.

>fighting game

Yes and?

Smash is fun mate.
When I go to the home of my friends who owns a n64 we play smash.
Because Smash is fun.

>It's based more around chaotic fun than competitive balance
Smash Ultimate is more balenced than most "real" fighting games.

You'd be surprised how many fighting games are chaotic fun.

Why are people still ass blasted by the fact smash is a fighting game?

I have never understood why people autistically screech so much about whether or not Smash Bros is a fighting game or not. Calling it a fighting game or not does not magically change the game to be more or less competitive.

hereee come the tendieees~

Because it's breaking records while Street Fighter is in the toilet.

I dunno, I mostly only see it on Yea Forums. I don't go to reddit, so I dunno if it's a thing there, but I've only really ever encountered these little arguments here.

Cope.

Isn't tekken more popular than SF now? I stopped paying attention to V like 2 years ago.

Everyone else did too, so probably.

Subgenre, greatest selling point about it is its barrier of entry being much lower than a traditional fighting game, though the skill ceiling is still (probably) just as high as traditional fighting games, don't have much to go off of since I only really played a bit of Skullgirls and DBFZ

Then wtf is Rivals of Aether?

I have a hard time wanting to get into any other fighting game because they all look the same to me and have weak ass roster compared to Smash.

It makes me wonder how zoomers would handle SamSho, because unlike most fighting games it isn't combo heavy.

I was only counting SNES . There is Genesis, Arcade, all of the collections, all of the remakes, ULTRA SF2 on the switch.

Ultimate is no way near the combined effort of all of those sales.

Because “real” fighting games are an overcomplicated mess that aren’t fun to play. Smash has a low level of entry for fun and a high skill ceiling. The high level game is like Sekiro - just perfect timing rather than having to know a hundred inputs so the game doesn’t feel like a clunky mess.

A platform fighter. Just like Smash.

I wouldn’t be surprised, 3D fighting games are the only ones that feel fluid to play from day 1. There’s a reason people like Tekken and Soul Calibur, because they are both incredibly easy to play. Even someone sitting down fresh can figure out how to defend themselves on both games, and the game offers up its complexity in experimentation.

SF and other much lauded games are just a mess because it’s just old glitches made into features and the thing is like a Frankenstein’s monster. SF offers you pretty much nothing starting out, and you are forced to learn all the inputs from the start because the basics are literally no good. You want to fuck around and get a feel for the game just trying out buttons? Not gonna work, you get some clunky ass kick and punch that takes seconds to complete and the computer or another player is just gonna kick your ass. Two players that don’t know what they are doing, it’s like watching geriatrics fighting each other

I think 2D fighters suck

I don't know where you're getting your numbers but they're bogus. From Capcom's own site, all of the SFII versions add up to 14 million and they don't just list SNES versions, anything not listed sold in the thosands. Smash Ultimate was on 13.81 million as of the 31st of March almost two months ago.

nintendo.co.jp/ir/pdf/2019/190425e.pdf
capcom.co.jp/ir/english/finance/million.html

Special moves are the basics tho. Anyway playing something like 3rd Strike for the first time can easily have fun as long as they know special inputs. I'm sorry but you shouldn't be able to just button mash your way to victory. Regardless of the game.

Cope harder capkek/arcsissy

Special moves are trash mate, 3D games make movement the fundamental, and it’s why all 3D games are preferred over shit 2D ones.

It’s why 2D crap is dying while Tekken grows in strength year on year. SF coasts on its brand name. Most people buy it and play for 2 days before dropping it. If it wasn’t a big brand it wouldn’t even be played

Even counting the 200 platforms and versions of sf2 right now it's not enough

Really? Footsies aren't fundamentals? What realm are you in? Footsies are the most basic of basic in 2D fighting games.

The game only sold so much because of zoomers

Think about it, late 90's and early 2000's zoomers weren't in highschool/college when Smash 64-Wii U came out and couldn't get jobs. But now in 2018, most of them are 18-22 and can easily get money from their studies, being NEETS or jobs in their spare time.

Zoom zooms ruined Smash

Attached: 1549851308220.png (500x350, 77K)

Walking back and forth isn’t movement. I’m talking about intuitive systems where all moves can be avoided by either a jump, sideways movement, or a hi, mid, low block. And the player knows from the beginning that any button combination he presses will strike these areas in different ways which he can take advantage of

This is without the game telling you anything at all. That’s good game design. I grant you that the majority of people who have played SF never pulled off a special move even accidentally while everyone figured out Soul Calibur and Tekken at a basic level within the first 15 minutes of play. SF is a bad game and so are most of the 2D fighters since they copy SF

Is it just me or did they forget to give Ken kill moves?

cope

Spotted the zoomer

seethe

Literally any 2D fighter has the same shit. Players even call the buttons short, forward, and roundhouse to get an idea for reach of those attacks.

Moving back and forward is intuitive, any idiot can figure out that baiting the opponent to throw attack that will miss is ideal. That's literally a concept employed in actual fighting. 3D fighters also have back and forward movements.

zoom zoom retard

It’s a fighting game, a platform fighter. The Smash series has mostly been getting simplified as time goes on, with Melee as the peak of complexity, and Ultimate as the lowest

???

Shoryuken and his tilts kill.

Hey pretendo, you're mixing your words

Platform fighter is a subgenre of the fighting game genre. So yes, games like Smash and Rivals of Aether ARE fighting games.

It can be both, which is the point.

But it's a different style and should be identified as such. Quake and COD are both FPS, but there is a reason why Quake is identified as an arena shooter.

It is unfair to compare the two games as their goals and mechanics are wildy different. They are completely different things and just happen to one thing in common which is hitting the opponent.

You don’t get it do you, and I don’t think you ever will. If you think 2D fighters are at all fun to play from day 1 you are deluded. I just explained exactly why 3D fighters are good and you are like “but it’s the same” when we both know it’s not. You won’t get shit from a 2D fighters on day 1. You get a couple of clunky kicks and punches. Tekken gives you that and easy to pull off moves which also change your position or put you in a position to dodge the opponents next attack. SFs main gameplay is the special moves. If you don’t have them you can’t do anything to anyone but a total beginner and the first opponent on arcade. That’s dreadful. These games are not fun

Smash 4 is way less complex than Ultimate

>Quake and COD are both FPS, but there is a reason why Quake is identified as an arena shooter.

Exactly. Arena shooter is a subgenre of the FPS genre. Like how platform fighter is a subgenre of fighting games.

>Nintendo stole all my games
Probably hacked his Switch and acts surprised it violates ToS.

>If you can't literally play the game you can't play the game
Wow, who knew that knowing the controls allows one to comfortably play a game?

I mean I downloaded a save because I didn't want to unlock over 70 fucking characters. Still bullshit how all of my games, while downloaded, cannot be played because my account can no longer connect online.

Tekken and SC let you play the game at a basic level without knowing the controls at all. Knowing the controls just increases the complexity of the same gameplay.

For SF you are like in training mode until a 100 hours in when you can finally play the actual game. It’s a shit series. No game should be completely unplayable as a beginner

No one has to spend 100+ hours. I guess I can understand what you are saying. However, just because you have to learn the controls doesn't mean the game is bad. Then literally every game would be bad. Every game forces some the player to at least figure out what every button does.

tekken has colossal movelists though (with a ton of redundant moves to boot), SF tends to keep it simple

What I’m saying is not that learning is bad, but that what SF and other 2D games serve up as the basic gameplay is very much wanting. They will continue to get more and more unpopular if they aren’t willing to innovate.

If the pick up and play feel of a game isn’t there, most people won’t bother going further. DMC has plenty of complexity and difficulty but yet is universally loved as a series. That’s because it gives you a little something before it forces you to learn.

Do you get what I mean?

No. Not at all. I enjoyed Super Turbo way before I even bothered spending time seriously learning fighting games. I couldn't even pull of specials and hardly understood how normals worked but it was still enjoyable.

Why the FUCK won't nintendo release a new Wii Sports?

I know the Wii brand is dead and all but just call it "Mii Sports" instead. Same fucking thing. Sounds the same. Everyone knows what it is. Everyone will be nostalgic as shit over Wii sports that shit came out 12 years ago.

It would sell 10 million copies in a heartbeat. I want it. You didn't know you wanted it but now you do.

Give me Mii Sports, Nintendo give me it.

>beat em up.
fucking kid, don't use word that you don't understand

lmao, holy fuck this can't be real

Your a liar, SF games suck ass until you know all the specials

Yeah it is. It's unfortunate. I can't play any of the games I purchased.

Hahahahaha cucked.

How retarded you gotta be to get banned for importing a save file? Lmaooooo

Nah it was pretty fun. It's the game that you me into learning fighting games. Well it and 3rd Strike.

Don't know. But I can't play any if my switch games. Which I mean oh well.

Cope

I am. I just refuse to purchase any Nintendo products now.

People call Smash "casual" when realistically it has the most depth out of all fighting games. You will never find a more high tier skill ceiling in the fighting genre compared to Smash.

No. That's fucking stupid. Do you even play other fighting games? You can say it's had the highest ceiling than other fighting game without playing them.

>dialing combos better than the other guy is considered “high skilled”
You guys are funny.

It has rug and ken. Your statement checks out

You use a phone to play fighting games? That's pretty rad. I mean how do you apply pressure or reversal against an appointment on a rotary phone? That's kinda ride. Do you have difficulty with block combos? I know you just hold back to block, but I'm not familiar with the control layout for a rotary phone.

>MELEE GOOD
>ULTIMATE BAD

>fighting games are about dialing combos
Based retard.