Oh Kiryu-chaaaaan~

Oh Kiryu-chaaaaan~

Yakuza thread

Attached: Yakuza-Kiwami-Majima-Everywhere-Guide-900x506[1].jpg (900x506, 54K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=uL7SntRy84Y
youtube.com/watch?v=1p0IDthdXAM
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Kiryu should have been retired after 3

I don't know what they did with the camera angle in Kiwami 2 but it feels like it was made for a TV specifically and I love it.

Here you go, you seem like you could use this.

Attached: anon-chan!.gif (100x100, 548K)

I'm fucking sick and tired of slogging through the Coliseum in 5 with all four characters- Akiyama and Shinada are an absolute pain.

Thing is that the Coliseum is the last bit I need for 100% completion and the Platinum. Does anyone have a 99% save file they can share? I've found one for the Japanese game, is it possible to convert this to work with Western versions of the game?

Attached: 1558127824384.jpg (1920x1080, 329K)

I hope they add juggling somewhere down the line. That one charged beast combo that has it is so satisfying

You mean Yakuza 5?

I'm pretty sure you're locked out of trophies if you use other people's save files. If you're not in the mood to 100% then just put it off for now and do it later, dude. Videogames shouldn't be a chore.

zero really was the peak of the series

Mmmmmmmmmmm

No.

0 was good but it ain't the best.

iirc you aren't locked out as long as you do achieve the Trophy on your own account. So if user gets a 99% savefile from someone else and bumps it up to 100%, he should get the Trophy.

what' the best then

Lmao no

What about
Majima's Saga in 2?

it's ok but as a whole ryuji is a shit villain

Bull fucking shit.
Ryuji is one of the best villains I've ever seen.
>Dapper as fuck
>Ambitious
>Honorable; refuses to fight multiple times when its not fair
>Immediately cares for his sister once she's revealed
>Refuses to allow the Korean Mafia guys to get the last laugh

extremely weak argument

I just finished Kiwami 2 and I was a bit disappointed. I can't help but feel the story in Kiwami 1 and the whole Nishiki thing were way more enjoyable than what happened in 2

Attached: 1558307586617.png (711x741, 504K)

For Akiyama just run around and do the triangle attacks until you build up heat and do the Heat Action where you do the double kick on the enemies.
For Shinada he also had something that hit two or more enemies, make sure you never touch My Meteor Tackle and remember that you can heal if you're at red bar when you have any Heat with L3+R3.

I sing for you..

Attached: sad yakuza man.jpg (421x675, 53K)

It might be wednesday, but I have no job or school to go to today, or any social engagements. Here I am, making sure nobody criticizes ANY aspect of any yakuza game. Will probably do the same tomorrow. Feels fucking good.

Just got through Majima's story in Kiwami 2.
This fucking part man. This fucking part. Combined with his Karaoke song.
I just want him to be happy bros...

Attached: 20190522101850_1.jpg (1920x1080, 187K)

It's not that bad aside from the twin dragons tournament as shinada.

An honorable endeavor, friend.
Please tell me how to git gud at Majima Construction in K2. I really want to like it, but fuck me, the gameplay controls make this annoying.

Where do people find the time to force themselves to 100% games when they aren't even enjoying the chore? There are already so many good games out there and not enough time to play them. I can't imagine spending hours on something annoying just to get a completely meaningless """trophy"""
All it stands for is a symbol to how much time you have to waste and how badly your life is going
Why not just play the parts you enjoy and be satisfied with that and then move on to the next enjoyable game?

it's like you've never heard of autism before

Maybe there are people who intrinsically enjoy the act of completing checklists, so to speak?
Can't see myself personally doing it, but different strokes and all that.

>enjoy
But that's my point, I'm talking about people who are forcing themselves to play parts of games they don't enjoy for hours just to tick that box. Even if the tick is enjoyable, the hours and hours of tedium and frustration aren't. They're kidding themselves. it's not "worth it" or an achievement. It's not even overcoming a challenge, it's just timewasting. Like reading a giant pile of newspapers which are all the same edition cover to cover and feeling like you've overcome a challenge. It wasn't hard to do other than the frustration and boredom.

How do you beat Y0 arcade games on PC? I got them all on PS4, but the slow shooting in Space Harrier plus the reduced lives are fucking me. Turbo buttons don't do shit either.

I just got to the finale from 0 but I still need to do 60 of the substories and I want to do all of them, can I still do all of them or do I need to progress through part of the finale to get to some of them, I'm scared of missing out on content

Attached: D6ekydIWwAAzSgp.jpg (203x387, 13K)

You unlock a free play mode after completing the main story, in which you can still do all side stories and Construction/Cabaret.

The honest answer is autism. It's thrown around here so much that it's easy to forget that a lot of people on Yea Forums are genuinely on the spectrum. Which only makes sense. Even if a lot of normies come here these days it's still a honey trap for people with social issues. So people like this being here should not surprise you.

Kyoudais, do I watch it

Attached: IMG_20190521_124954.jpg (1920x1080, 128K)

For Space Harrier go into Steam Big Picture and turn on autofire for X and make the timer as low as it can possible go. Then you'll play like how the PS4 version (Mostly) was.

You can only miss content in 1, 2, Kenzan, and 3. Every other game allows you to do Premium Adventure to clear everything up, and 0, K1, 6, and K2 specifically have moments where it's like "If you want to go do stuff do it now" outside of Premium Adventure. The only games you don't do Premium Adventure on are 5, Ishin, and Black Panther 1 because none of it transfers over and your hundreds of hours spent in it are wasted and anything you unlocked is stuck there. Every other game lets you do it.

Based user. can't wait to power through them during the summer

Attached: 1556274083741.png (240x262, 91K)

Kiryu-chan dropping hard truths.
Chestlets BTFO

Attached: 20190521152456_1.jpg (1920x1080, 335K)

Why would you put a dirty DVD into the player? At least clean it beforehand kyodai. I recommend microfibre towels and rubbing alcohol.

Ready as fuck for Judgment. Hope Shin Yakuza is good. Gonna be wierd to not have Kiryu. Im gonna miss him :(

I didn't think of that, thanks kyodai

no problem friendo

Attached: 20190522001123_1.jpg (1920x1080, 219K)

>you will never be Redman

Attached: 20190521142350_1.jpg (1920x1080, 289K)

>he's only pretending to be retarded
But why?

Does Majima ever show up in Four Shine during its story?

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 96K)

Yes, he's part of the entire final club and your permanent announcer as well.

I've had Kiwami 2 installed since it came out.. Never even started it once.. still have to beat 5,0,and Kiwami 1

I will never actually play it will I?

Shin had better be stellar, considering how long it's taking.

>3
2*

The problem with Ryuji is that he's barely in the game. In both 2 and K2.

He will never be happy

So pointless. They should've used the time and effort to flesh out Ryuji more.

Yakuza titles are incredibly easy to play through, since the main story is a rush of events and cutscenes without stopping, and no grinding is necessary for story events.

If you can't play like 2 Yakuzas in a day, I'm calling bullshit.

>2*
1*

Yakuza 5 is probably 24 hours of pure cutscenes, so I doubt you'll play through it in a day, much less it and one other game.

It's the longest one, yeah, mostly due to all the characters you play as. But the events themselves and moving from place to place story-wise is easy peasy.

Can we all agree that it's a good thing that the enemies in Yakuza games don't really pose a threat and wait to be hit because it makes the games feel more like sidescrolling beat em ups?

Oh, yeah. The games are long enough to have harder enemies outside of the main events, so the random mooks you keep fighting are supposed to make you feel like you're on top of the world, cleaning up.

Are you excited for Kazuhiro Nakaya's game?
I sure as fuck am.

Attached: D2_gK1TU8AArhm8.jpg (2048x1536, 705K)

Get fucked, trophy whore

Basic gameplay and cutscenes for Kiwami 1 is like 10-12 hours.
So you could in theory just do the story of a yakuza game every couple games

>second from the right
very sugoi

I've been thinking about getting into the series. Should I start with 0?

Remember the pcfags who weren't able to beat kuze?

No, you should start with Kenzan.

artificial difficulty

I'm sad that the remakes have made kiryu a fucking libtard tier progressive

same, 2 was kind of a wank.
i enjoyed 6, 0, and kiwami for their stories. hopefully they can make 3, 4, and 5 remakes less of wanks than i hear they are

No?
I remember one retard complaining 'I mash and it does not work'.
I find it hard top believe many peop[le can be stuck on any encounter while Rush exists.
If you want to cheese it, the game gives you the easiest tool for that

>i enjoyed 6

opinion fucking discarded

Uh oh, is this one of those fabled Nintendo fanboys who dont even have something as basic as Trophies on their systems?

eat my piss you baby

Not the one you replied to but Y6 has one of the best stories in the entire series not that it's much of achievement and if you don't understand why you should lay off anime for a while

Yakuza games caters to a specific audience of older Japanese men in their thirties or higher who enjoy an idealized version of the crime world that's more exciting than their everyday wageslave life
It's likely that these people don't play much else than Yakuza each year, so they have time to dig into completion lists and whatever

do you really think people are jealous about something that encourages players to have less fun and waste their time?

6's story is fucking dog shit.
The warship reveal is almost rubber bullets level of retarded.

0 is the only game in the series with a half decent story. Maybe Ishin too.

> Onions
Yep
> Projecting
Yep
> fag
Yep

Ladies and gentlemen, it's a Nintendo fanboy.

Attached: durdur.png (504x490, 283K)

>secondaries now praising 6

Attached: 1557416576109.gif (200x293, 1.75M)

the fuck is a secondary?

Don't reply or give any attention to autists, let them wallow in their delusional misery

You.

fuck are you babbling about

>Kenzan
Not on PC, so 0 then?

Attached: YAKUZA 0_20180413011329.jpg (1920x1080, 220K)

Okay, then start with Binary Domain.

refer to

It's not really about challenge, it's more of a timekiller. For people with autism (like me) repetition so these games are very soothing. I loves Yakuza because it's mostly just busywork and repeated tasks and each game is the same, and never too difficult.

> never too difficult
> Limited Berserk in Yakuza 5
> With Akiyama

Nope

I am only mildly autistic so I don't know how it feels for the really aspie guys but I like that Kiryu seems autistic himself. His reactions and thought processes are relateable in the main storyline, and then the side stories are like wish fulfillment for people like me who wish they weren't social retards. It's nice to imagine going to a club and dancing or doing karaoke well or having lots of girls want to have sex with you. It feels good to me.

He's having a laugh.

Complete (english) experience order, counting emulation:
1-2-3-4-Dead Souls-5-0-Kiwami-6-Kiwami 2

If you just wanna get into the series with not much hassle:
0-Kiwami-Kiwami 2-the HD ports of 3, 4, 5 when they're released.

Ignore everyone who tells you to buy 5 fucking games.
Play 0 and see how you feel about it. It's the best one but you still might find yourself getting bored. (it's unchallenging, weak gameplay, most of the time you're reading conversations like a VN) If you still love it after you're finished, move on to the next one, but remember they're all the same but get a little worse each time.

>get a little worse each time
Gotta say, I got into the series through 0, played through K1 and am now at K2. So far I find myself preferring K2 to K1 by quite a margin. Am only on Ch.12 though, maybe shit gets retarded later on.

Is anyone else waiting to play 6 until they have finished 3, 4, and 5? Yakuza 4 was actually my first Yakuza game but I included it there because we haven't gotten the HD thing yet. I'd like to go into it with the context of the things that happened in the first 3 games. Especially 3 now since I've beaten 0, Kiwami, and Kiwami 2.

...if you complete Chapter 12 and you don't think it's too retarded, you'll be immune to the retardation on the rest of the series.

this
there's a reason why sales figures plummet with each subsequent release
buy them all if you want but at least finish one before getting the next one. too many people have bought a load of them at once thinking "I'm going to get into yakuza!" only to be halfway through one before realizing they don't like them at all. and the games have a lot of flaws.

sad isn't it

What do you like more about Kiwami 2?
I like how through this Dragon Engine the map feels so much bigger. I don't like that they replaced Vincent with a Gravure Studio but that's minor considering you can still play darts. I don't know if there's a place for pool though. Have yet to find it.

>he thinks autism is just a meme
Oh user...

>Binary Domain
It's in my backlog, so eventually.
Thanks.

Oh dear. I'm strapping in.
Just completed the Majima saga and about to start Ch.12 for real.
To be honest, Majima Everywhere turned out to be a bit of an annoyance for me in the latter half of K1. That, plus the mostly plain sidequests, kind of led me to going through the main story rather quickly.
K2 looks gorgeous, but both games can stand on their own. And any game with Cabaret Club management is an automatic win for me.
The only thing I'm undecided on is the main story, since I didn't finish it yet. But it does feel less weighty without people like Nishiki and Kazama, who were very close to Kiryu.

is this a reference to the 2008 anthology film 'Tokyo!' ?

Attached: merde.png (1327x705, 1.09M)

Vincent was a 0 and K1 only thing so it's not like they're cutting anything that was in the original, if anything they're adding something that wasn't with Gravure Club.
K2 doesn't have pool, and pool is usually found in the underground mall via the Cuez bar in modern Kamurocho which isn't in any game outside of 4 and 5. 6 didn't have pool and neither does Judgment.

Just make sure you understand that the "ABSOLUTE FULL RETARD" that chapter 12 gets, has no bearing on the rest of the story, and feels just like a bonus level to complete a part of the tale. It's never alluded to ever again.

...just have fun, is what I'm saying. Because it's a very fun part.

>tfw dont understand the combat
What are you supposed to do when a boss is low hp, starts glowing and regenerating? In kiwami? Cnat figure that shit out.

Reminder to scorn the secondary and to know them by their nouns

Buy the Kiwami abilities that cost 2 points and then just have Heat and walk up to the guy in the colored style they are. Dragon's Kiwami ability requires multiple Majima fights and is used near endgame. You can also use a weapon or random item and their Heat Action if you don't want the style-specific Kiwami ability instead but they're not as cool.

Attached: YAKUZA KIWAMI_20180209220129.jpg (1920x1080, 946K)

Definitely will. I'm still at work and booked with my relatives this evening, but I hope I'll get to it. Thanks user!
Go into the style that mirrors your opponent's color, get your heat up (don't know if to blue or red levels?) and use the finisher command.

Oh, yeah. Once I got to rank SSS I kept running into him still. It wasn't annoying until after I got to SSS though. Oh, yeah. I'm glad we saw the Cabaret Club again in this one. With plenty of nice callbacks to 0. It does feel a little empty without Kiryu's family you could call them. But I sort of understand. He's a tortured soul, sort of thing. That said, I'm hoping you still enjoy the end. Look forward to that after credits scene.

>get your heat up
Ah thats what i was missing.

So the latina you buy pizza for never becomes anything? It was such a weird substory

Thanks Florist of Sai.

>played 0 and liked it (except the combat)
>bored with kiwami
Should I force myself to finish it for kiwami 2?

Nope, really weird ones like that are just one-offs almost all the time, particularly ones that deal with human trafficking.

I'm a zerobab so this shit honestly left me speechless when I first played the game.
Now I've played through 0, K1 and K2 and the level of pure mouthbreathing absurdity from that substory still hasn't been matched

Attached: C5tIG6fWcAA9iuu.jpg (1200x675, 149K)

If your only problem with this game is the combat then it changes in Kiwami 2. For the better or worse is up to you. I liked it. If you want to play Kiwami 2 though, I would finish it just so you don't miss out on anything story wise. Though when you first start Kiwami 2 they ask if you want to go through the stuff from Kiwami 1 through cutscenes so if you want to just do that instead it is an option.

I must have missed it in my playthrough, so I just looked it up on Youtube.
What the fuck. The thumbs up from the delivery boy at the end seals the deal.

How do you get this?

Attached: 20190521215559_1.jpg (1920x1080, 277K)

Brehs, I had to use weapons, namely two cannons, in my legend Y0 playthrough against the media king.
Am I not allowed in this thread anymore?

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 387K)

The underground mall connected directly to Purgatory via the sewers so it's not his fault.

R3 and then look at it. I don't know what first person is on PC. It was a thing they introduced in 3 so they didn't really explain it past that.

I'm starting out in Kiwami right now.
What's the best all-round fighting style? Beast style is fun, but I don't imagine it being useful for most situations.
Should I just go with Brawler for most fights?

go onto first-person you turbotard

I wasn't even thinking that far. I just called you The Florist since you were giving me information.

In Kiwami specifically it's Brawler for the vast majority of the game until you get Dragon leveled up enough. Swap to Beast when you want to grab 2H items off the ground like bikes, motorcycles, or electrical substations, swap to Rush if you want to get behind people quickly (But it's a lot less useful compared to 0 due to it pushing enemies away from you mid-combo). Beast has been nerfed into the ground thanks to how you get knocked down by enemies in multiple stages of their attacks and now it has no super armor anymore so it's basically just for damage boosts to strong street weapons more than anything.

Brawler will be your go to. Theres some situations where rush and beast are good so dont ignore getting skills for them. Theres a skill that allows you to instantly change styles when you do a finishing move thats really helpful.

Beast mode weapon damage scaling is broken in 0

So far it feels to me like Beast is good for crowd control, but if you get hit once you're basically fucked if there are a lot of enemies.

After you unlock Essence of Sumo Slap and Tiger Drop for the Dragon Style, you'll probably be alternating between those for the rest of the game.

Yeah it got nerfed hard. For crowds I go with brawler, knock someone on thier ass with a finishing move, insta switch to beast and do the group heat move to clear out most of them and clean up with brawler.

thats Kiwami 2

tried that so many times and nothing happens.

It's the same as Kiwami which is not that much but it's a decent amount. The damage you're probably talking about is from motorcycles and electrical substations, those items (Along with stop signs Saejima and Kiryu rip from the ground in 5) have ridiculously high damage values because they're exclusive to that style (Or in 5's case, those characters). We're talking 60% of a health bar a swing of those weapons. Stop signs one-shot all mooks on EX-Hard in 5 just as an example, those three items are in a class of their own.

Again, Beast is strictly for grabbing big items off the ground in Kiwami because of enemies knocking you down a bunch so using it as a regular style isn't really feasible. In 0 it's the best style in the entire game, you can literally just get into Heat and mash square and nothing can stop you because there's three or four defense buffs for being in Heat on top of super armor.

You're just starting out, so I think Brawler is your best bet. Once you get enough experience and get the moves for the other styles too I say try them all out and see what you like. I personally always use either Brawler or Dragon. Dragon isn't that great though until you get Komaki's moves and you get to at least S rank. But once you get there Dragon is my favorite fighting style.

Any news regarding the western release of the Yakuza 4 (aka best game in the series), Yakuza 5 and Yakuza 3 remasters?

Attached: Yakuza4.jpg (492x623, 58K)

You have to be near it and then look at it in first person. It'll zoom in and offer you the ability to press X. The one in that tree is a bit finicky so you might need to readjust yourself a bit until it actually zooms in. They introduced this feature for a bunch of locker keys in tight corridors in 3 and for starting unique encounters with random encounters (There was even a trophy for it back in 3) so they never really had a reason to teach you it again because it assumes you've played the older games.

0 is beast 24/7
kiwami is brawler 24/7

Not to mentions you can go into 3 different super armor attacks or heat attacks.

I thi k we'll here about localisation at e3

How do I model swap in Kiwami 2

godawful boxart
should've used the ps3 one

The Jap boxart is always like that - if the remaster gets localized we will get a slight remix of Western Y4's cover.

I wasn't able to at first, because I didn't take a clue at "do you really want to go there?" and went without any healing potions.

Being in colors definitely doesn't help those PS3 models.

Attached: PS3_Y4.jpg (1034x1200, 267K)

I already miss old Tanimura. Why give nuTanimura the soul patch? I just don't get it.

...Comparing these covers I realize that they actually went and changed the face of that cop. Did the old gravure idols still make it in?

The original actor for Tanimura got done for drugs.

If I remember correctly the gravure models are mostly the same except they took some of the ones from 3 to replace the ones they couldn't get rights for again. Tanimura was going to get changed no matter what due to him not being in the industry anymore and how Japan deals with people who leave their agency. Plus there's that entire controversy he had to deal with.

I've noticed most of the side-stories in Kiwami 2 are extremely basic and shit, just "give me tissues and I'll throw some shit in while you're killing ez as hell mooks". Are there more involved side-stories like the ones from 0 or 3 just hidden better?

There are a few extended ones over multiple events and locations, yes.

The "0 is the best game in the series" meme is not a meme.

Those are the copy-paste PS2 ones I think

"Be my baby" or "fake kiryu". It may come as a revelation, but Kiwami 2 is a remake of a ten years old jap action game for PS2. They've changed the graphics while leaving the story as is.

Things like Poison and the voice actor one are new substories, same deal with the interview one, those are more on par with what you would expect post 3. Be My Baby, the video tape one, Fake Kiryu, and a small amount of others are good as well, but remember that this is still back when they were getting a feel for things. They didn't really start getting substories like you see in the later games until around 3 or 4, Kenzan has more funny ones than 2 did but 3 and 4 started having more solid substories than things to just pad out the list.

Why is he completely normal and a cool bloke in 0 and then acts like a retard in one scene right at the end?

He was heartbroken, the karaoke song "Heartbreak Majimaid" refers to him.

It's the models. They use people's faces as models and I guess the new guy had a soul patch. I'm not a fan of the patch either.

he pretends to be retarded in all other games

Here is a literal song to spell it out for you
youtube.com/watch?v=uL7SntRy84Y

Did you not play 0?

What I found way more jarring than the sub stories was some story progression parts. The game would often have you do some very basic stuff, like go beat up a guy to get a key to a building or go talk to a guy who then tells you to go talk to another guy so that story can actually progress. The whole segment with Haruka in Osaka is pretty emblematic of this, just bunch of nonsense scenes spread all over the city.
I imagine these things were in PS2 originals to stretch the play-time, since cities had loading screens between the streets and it took way longer to move everywhere, but now it just feels superfluous.
Gotta commend them for keeping all of the content in, though.

Neither of these explain anything
I did but maybe I missed something, the scene right at the end when he meets Kiryu and goes KIRYU CHAN with a stupid haircut and clothes seemed completely random and out of character to me.

If you thunk about it, Kiryu and Majima never meet until that 5 sec scene in the 0 ending

I'm aware of that, so why would hard man Majima go KIRYU CHAN!, it was fucking cringey

Are we seriously replying to Majimaposting now?

Attached: 1464183983787s.jpg (250x241, 13K)

I actually did play through Yakuza 1 and Yakuza 2 when I was first getting into the series, and I didn't ever concentrate on the substories in those games. But, I did think it was mainly my fault for not pursuing any. Even if Kiwami 2 is a remake of 2, why the fuck didn't they put in more into the game?

Also, I like the Dragon Engine, but it just feels like more of the same so I have no idea why they bothered, honestly. Kicking people into walls is all right, but why the fuck won't they still let you cancel animations and give you more of an invincibility frame?

It means that before and after the makeover, he must've time traveled to the future and back.

Same here. Coming from 0 and Kiwami 1. It was intriguing at first but the betrayal overload and plots within plots was convoluted. Ryuji Goda was a cool villain though, especially near the end.

Just please no more characters walking into the scene and backstabbing the previous dude. Kiwami 2 was hilarious and stupid near the ending. Yakuza 3 was interesting with the orphanage in the picture but the CIA/undercover/clandestine organizations and having to save Daigo's fragile ass over and over again in almost every installment is annoying. Still waiting on 4 and the rest to be ported over to PC.

Honestly, Kiryu should've just stayed as chairman and let Majima and Kashiwagi handle street business/intrigue because he just has to keep coming back and save the Tojo fucks.

First person but you have to be in the correct spot, not too far not too near. Took me awhile to get it. Weird placement.

He's tired of all the bullshit that the clans put him through in regards to Makoto (and in general, really - as well as Saejima) and just goes "if you want me to be a clown, I'll be one, fuck it - I don't give a shit".

Majima literally spells it all out for you in the cutscene before Sagawa gets offed.

Well, with K2 they cropped a lot of substories as well. Several of the substories you see in K2 were originally multi-part ones in the original 2 so instead of having like two or three of the same one (If I remember right Fake Kiryu was two substories) they consolidated it into one long one instead. K2 is also missing other small ones like the tissue one from Shinseicho which comes to mind quickly, the baseball bat one was shifted from the far right of Shichifuku to the Sotenbori River and feels like they redid it, the lawyer one at the Gelataria wasn't there I don't think, a guy trying to find The Florist to get some flowers wasn't there if I remember right, and there's one other one I'm blanking on. This also ignores Adam and The Marietta which were multiple substories.
Basically, any of the substories that look pretty simple are from 2. Any of the substories that have cutscenes are from 2 100% (Not counting Four Shine or Clan Creator in this). Anything that seems somewhat on the sillier side is usually a newer one.

>but why the fuck won't they still let you cancel animations
Judgment's added animation cancelling via rolling at the end of combos now, and if you use a finisher you can cancel out of it by swaying or switching styles.

>Sagawa gets offed.
What when did that happen

Possessed by Nishitama at the end

Did you miss the entire part where he takes the piss at Majima's snakeskin coat? It literally cuts to black as Omi men come to kill him for the death of the Omi Chairman.

The end

Attached: image.jpg (1200x674, 415K)

You should really play through the game again and pay attention this time.

You mean that wasn't Sagawa going out to dinner with his mates?

Yeah but it still seemed really out of character that he would suddenly just pretend to be a retard out of nowhere because he's had enough

If it was, he was going out with a bang.

Attached: image.jpg (400x546, 151K)

youtube.com/watch?v=1p0IDthdXAM
Speaking of judge eyes, they seem to have fixed the press heat action to kill everything in 1 hit problem from Kiwami 2
This shit looks good

Attached: 287918_AwFY3cfFDC_y3.jpg (1920x1080, 118K)

It's called "having enough".

>Judgment's added animation cancelling via rolling at the end of combos now, and if you use a finisher you can cancel out of it by swaying or switching styles.
Meh, I can appreciate the change but all they really had to do was letting you interrupt by evading. All of the combat systems feel too stiff for me, even the ones in the newer games like Y0, and the biggest switch was between Y1 and Y2, since they smoothed everything out.

>I did but maybe I missed something, the scene right at the end when he meets Kiryu and goes KIRYU CHAN with a stupid haircut and clothes seemed completely random and out of character to me.

Majima also lost an eye and spent a year being tortured by Shimano goons. Then he was caged as a money making monkey in Sotenbori for so long with a gun to his head.

He saw how crazy and free Nishitani was. Lee and Kiryu (indirectly) showed him crazy amounts of durability and honor. Learns a lot from Sera and Awano especially about Yakuza code.

>I didn't watch the actual ending: the post
maybe play the game instead of watching a shtity lets play you faggot

Did you play Kiwami 2 on normal or easy? I'm playing it on hard and heat moves don't instakill unless on weak enemies.

Don't assume everyone is as bad as you my man. Heat actions are way too strong even on legend

On Legend they deal more than a bar and a third of any boss at max stats.

He doesn't necessarily act retarded. He's fully aware of what he's doing and can still act like "himself" if he feels like he needs to. He just stopped giving a shit about taking orders and does whatever violent or batshit crazy idea comes to mind, which Shimano respected.

post more out of context yazkua screenshots

Attached: Kids thing.jpg (1920x1080, 479K)

HOW THE FUCK DO I PLAY MAJIMA CONSTRUCTION?

I did the initial training but cannot find a way to actually play it several chapter laters (10)

Attached: 1.jpg (1920x1080, 259K)

Attached: Yakuza0-3-1024x577.png (1024x577, 589K)

Talk to Majima outside of Purgatory.

Attached: 9B2ED861-BAC1-4A14-88F2-714FF2909524.jpg (1920x1080, 164K)

Attached: towels.jpg (1920x1080, 342K)

Attached: Solo_Chizu.jpg (1920x1080, 280K)

Attached: 40CA5CCB-82DF-45F8-9EA4-CF39FDF8003A.jpg (1024x576, 59K)

Attached: 834530_screenshots_20190412220331_1.jpg (1920x1080, 363K)

>That substory about how shit was Yakuza 3 in KW2
wew

wait WHAT?

>you can have a girlfriend in Judgement
goddamit I have to get it now. I wonder how the new model of the Denki Groove character looks like now that he's busted with coke

Attached: DxBhcKuXQAAMnPU.jpg (705x529, 59K)

If E3 comes and goes and we don't get an announcement that Judgment is coming to PC, the entire show will have been a failure.

Attached: 1530080528690.jpg (853x468, 18K)

There is a substory in KW2 Sotenbori where you find a director filming Yakuza Sunset 4 movie.
He says 1 and 2 films were godtier (those first 2 directed by other director, name homaged toKinji Fukasaku, you meet the other director later on the substory too) but says everybody panned Yakuza 3 game.
You go to the dvd store and watch the movie, and Kyriu says the movie is good except for the action scenes.
You end helping him react some scenes so he gets inspiration, including a fight with some thugs.

The first conversation talking about how good 1 and 2 were and how 3 was shit reminded me that people shit on Yakuza 3 game, so i think it's more related to that than to Battles Without Honor And Humanity movies.
I had a screencap but forgot to save it after finishing the game.

Oh shit I did that mission and didn't even notice.

If E3 comes and goes without them announcing the Y3-Y5 remasters coming to the west, this console generation will have been for nothing.

Ryuji was an amazing character that was let down by subpar writing. The feeling of fighting Kuze in 0 should have been what you felt when fighting Ryuji.

Fights in KW2 are too weak.
You can beat a bunch of 6 thugs group just swinging a bycicle 2 times at them.

:^)

Attached: bfb86e1034567e29ea56acb8c249cdb307ea2596ee470c7a19c735076d3d08ee.jpg (907x486, 84K)

Ever since I found out that they made Haruka into a literal yakuza dick sucking slut to the point she got pregnant of a literally who's mutt son ruined the entire series for me.

Attached: HHHNG.jpg (378x301, 15K)

that's for the PC Gayming show. I'm pretty sure they would do something with Microsoft. Even if they just kept it to the PC show, they could send in a trailer. That would be minimal.

Sega is really bad at building hype, especially for PC, they seem to like stealth drops for some reason, so even if nothing from Yakuza team comes out of E3, it doesn't really mean shit. I half expect them to drop a release window for Y3 though.

Attached: Yakuza.jpg (1920x1080, 416K)

Started 0
Should I bother with this Mahjong hell?

it's like poker but PON

what sidescrolling games have enemies that don't attack you?

>Sega is really bad at building hype, especially for PC
I'm guessing it's because SEGA of Europe's doing all the work and they don't have enough power to do much

While I was doing this sidequest, I had the same thought that it was something related to the game series.

Is Yakuza 3 really that not good as people say? I am just waiting to the pc versions.

Duh, also in 0 you could use the bicycle and rekt entire groups while using that, so I don't get your point at all user.

Bicycles are super weapons in Yakuza.

>minimal
Well yeah, announcing a couple of ports/western release of ps4 Y3-5 does sound minimal

>Is Yakuza 3 really that not good as people say?
It's got three or four downtime moments where the story just outright stops to hang out with the kids, Beautiful Eyes' backstory feels like it was shoved in there just so we could have a fight (It was a good fight though), Wesker in general is hilarious, there's a chapter where a government official basically exposits the information you need for about 20 or 30 minutes, Kiryu reacts to one thing in a muted way while in another he reacts like it's the most shocking thing ever and it feel like it makes no sense considering certain things, it still has some minor issues brought over from Kenzan (Namely the whole blocking issue which makes bosses really annoying), and it's more relaxed than you would think.

However, it has a great final boss (First time they did a dynamic intro on top of them having a fantastic song playing during the fight), Wesker is hilarious and one of my favorite fights of the series, the entire final gauntlet is great, Haruka's actually pretty good here, Okinawa/Ryukyu are great and I miss it, Mack was funny in it, it was great to see all the Kenzan stuff like Komaki's dojo being the same one just made of concrete and his fight being a toned down version, Musashi's techniques are usable by Kiryu they're just nonlethal, swords have flavor text alluding to Musashi having used them (and a majority of the swords are ones he used in Kenzan), and you get a Musashi statue, the kids are enjoyable and it's nice to see Kiryu relax, the Beautiful Eyes fight is great, seeing Arase again is pretty neat, the final boss is actually decently involved once he starts showing up in cutscenes, the ending cutscenes are just a sight to behold (Particularly thanks to Daigo), and it has some good boss fights overall.

It's basically the beach episode of the Yakuza series.

Attached: Watch your step.webm (1280x720, 2.39M)

RIP spine of that guy. Even if he's not dead he's pretty much handicapped for his life now, Kiryu is kind of a dick

Be honest, did you get feels from any of the yakuza games?

Attached: image.jpg (680x428, 193K)

Y0
>You're tired.
Y5
>Shinada realizing he's gone from a total loser back to a decent life with a bunch of friends just because he got his act together. Takasugi is a total bro.
Y6
>Kiryu's letter to Daigo apologizing to him.
>Daigo saying "My father would have wanted that" in the epilogue.
>Everything about the ending from Haruto looking over at the bushes to Haruka looking over and telling both Haruto and Kiryu "Don't give up" ending on Kiryu and Haruto's steps matching up as the game closes.
6's ending is really a love it or hate it kind of thing but I really enjoyed how they executed it.

Attached: YAKUZA 0_20180120071156.jpg (1920x1080, 545K)

yeah after getting 90+ in otometal my life

I only played 1 and 2 on PS2 is the PS3 games worth checking out?

From 0 and 1 with nishiki, 2' s story its too stupid with the im korean shit and i stopped caring when terada appeared alive and was korean, and with 6, everyone acts too dumb to feel bad for them

I have been mocked in the past for not getting emotional during some of "the great" films and tv shows out there. (I'm a little autistic) But Yakuza and anime can make me emotional because the writing is melodramatic and it's always very clear what I should be feeling. The music helps, but mostly I like that the characters all say clearly how they are feeling and what they are thinking. This helps me understand them and I can feel myself getting emotional from the sad parts.

Majima in 0 made me feel. Happened again with him in 2.
Other than that I felt kinda sorry for the characters at the end of 2. The twists were a bit daft I noticed the fuse on Terada's hand but thought it wasn't the bomb itself.

Can we agree that anime got more into some-degree-autistic fanbase from western countries because, as with the actual japanese audience, they need the story key moments to be melodramatic and overexposed as possible to get people attached to their emotions, with the help of sad music pieces as a cognitive guidance for them? I'm not saying it in a pejorative way (Music has that use in all audiovisual pieces), but the regular japanese in terms of exposing their emotions to other people act and hide the same as western people in the autistic spectrum.

Attached: ThinkingMifune.png (236x376, 89K)

Same for me
I like that at all times there is never any question how I am supposed to be feeling or thinking during a scene

Autism, i just do the amon fight and call it complete