What’s the best Vocation?

What’s the best Vocation?

Attached: DC606D03-A8E7-45D8-B460-CA858E911CCD.jpg (323x433, 36K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=odWNWz3Pjfk
youtube.com/watch?v=TJhhGWOc3lg&t=6m50s
twitter.com/tomqe/status/1115620196603949056
vg247.com/2019/02/07/dragons-dogma-2/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Whatever you like best to be honest friend.

If you wanna min/max, go for it, if you wanna hybrid be our guest

is this game good?

Personally I like the magic Archer

Start as mage then go for magic Archer, but then again it's bee like 2 years since I played

Redpill me on Ranger, is it good as a pawn class?

WARRIOR
Magick archer. boo.

Attached: 1350438157736.png (983x1073, 1.56M)

Does fighter’s “Dragon’s Maw” make up for everything Magic Knight has?

every vocation is viable, play what you enjoy. mystic knight and ranger probably have the most autistic minmax potential though

Yes and no. Story and non combat mechanics are all meh, a lot of potential but it was all badly implemented. The final part of the story is pretty tits tough. The main gameplay is fun. Each class feels distinct and all but one are fun to play, so it has replay value. It’s age has begun to show though.

I would pick it up used or on sale.

If you want to have any chance of taking down Ur dragon and Daimon, you are going to need magic archer. Yet, it uses pure magic, and virtually nobody levels with magic as a main stat. So you will be doing microscopic damage to anything you autoshoot.

Yes and no. At first the game is simply broken, and makes zero sense. Continuing the story literally locks you out of multiple sidequests, which locks you out of a trophy. Yet as you continue, it gets better (after memorizing the map and using fast travel)

It is lacking in the RPG department but everything else is neat

this
one of the brilliances of this game is how it makes all vocations fun and viable to play, so it's up to personal preference to decide which the 'best' vocation is
even the Warrior, who is demonstrably gimped compared to other vocations, can still be played at endgame and is fun throughout the whole thing
my preference leans towards Warrior and Mystic Knight, the first for the raw fun of charging an attack for 30 seconds before breaking a motherfucker into pieces, and the second for the ridiculous ways it's skills synergize with one another until any computer gets to a single digit FPS

Attached: DDDA_rollan.jpg (1920x1080, 559K)

I am not rolling.

Imagine if the DMC4 was instead a skyrim clone, and it was flawed because it still got rushed.

Its fun as fuck but there are a lot of edges that could do with polish

>If you want to have any chance of taking down Ur dragon and Daimon, you are going to need magic archer.
>you will be doing microscopic damage to anything you autoshoot.
One of these things is not like the other...

Most powerful Vocations are Assassin and Magick Archer.
Assassin for base game steamrolling.
Magick Archer for BBI steamrolling.

>warrior
>skills get halved to 3 for no reason
>can't even block with your weapon
What were they thinking? Still the only class I like to play

I thought Striders do more damage than Assassins though? Helmsplitter and whatnot.

Assassin gets better stats and Flawless Kill. Thousand Kisses is the only dagger skill you need.

The only attacking dagger skill you need, I mean. the other two slots are reserved for instant reset and Flawless Kill

What about climbing damage? I hear Striders get it double. Does Dire Gouge make up for it?

If you scale off magic, the magic based skills rip Daimon in half. If you scale off Physical your autos will do massive damage.

Ur’Dragon, if he still has his weak points, gets shredded by the magik skills. If he is down to one, you are doing nothing. Swap to Sorc,

There is no increase in climbing damage. Dire Gouge is excellent, and probably the only reason to ever use sword on Assassin.

Do Sorcs levels up the magic stat?

Assassin.
You don't need anything else.

Then I got meme’d.
Is there *anything* a Strider can bring to the table to help with moving onto the Assassin class, then?

Strider is Assassin, but you actually get to play the game and fight enemies instead of instantly fucking them with meme level skills and damage.

If you play it, you'll like it for what it is. Flawed, but good. Then you'll start thinking of ways they can improve the game and make it EVEN BETTER and then you remember that DD2 never fucking ever

Attached: 1555551381873.jpg (869x1236, 403K)

Hated it at first and then bought BBI later

Yeah. Sorry, it’s late. If you scaled up magick only and are playing magick archer, then you can solo Daimon fine and you can clear enemies fine with just your abilities. Your normal attacks are going to do nothing though. When fighting the Online Ur Dragon you do massive damage as long as he has many hearts still, if you are trying to do his grace period it’s better to use Sorc.

If you leveled Physical you don’t need to worry about anything.

>tfw i thought the post game is the one after fixing the shit that happened after the dragon
>mfw i became god and got locked out of playing the game forcing me to play new game+
JUST FUCK MY SHIT UP BRO

Attached: 1548177704652.png (691x653, 20K)

They do. Assassin can only beat out strider by using force hatchet with bow skills.

Ranger with blast arrows + tenfold flurry outdamages every other garbage vocation skills in this game.

Or I could just jump spam holy bolt and do the same amount of damage.

They do. Even with gale harness and their shield buff up, assassin's thousand kisses does less damage than strider's with no buffs up because strider gets a hidden bonus to climbing damage.

still too slow, tenfold with blast arrow reign superior over other shit garbage vocation skills
youtube.com/watch?v=odWNWz3Pjfk
try killing daimon in hard mode in just 10 seconds with holy bolt, you cant.

>assassin with a weapon swap mod
Why hasn't this been made yet

Strider does more damage and gets superior skills in Brain Splitter, Fracture Dart, Downpour Volley, Leaping Stone and gets base faster climb speed and hidden bonus damage modifier while climbing large monsters.
But Ranger does the actual highest damage with blast arrows, and is also the best at applying debilitations with the other special arrow types.

It has been made. PC has had a weapon swap mod for years.

>still no 6 skills warrior mod

Thanks user.
Where’s the evidence for all this hidden climb damage I keep hearing?
Also do Striders level up stamina as their main stat?

Warrior is shit, just like the manga it's based on.

I said redpill me damn it!!

Attached: 319C8554-D3B0-40EC-A021-273181A942C1.gif (334x399, 682K)

youtube.com/watch?v=TJhhGWOc3lg&t=6m50s
Assassin, Strider, Magick Archer climb damage kill time tested on the gazer in BBI. Assassin uses shield buff and gale harness before hundred kisses, MA uses immolate before hundred kisses, Strider just uses hundred kisses.

I saw. Thanks a ton, user.

How is warrior damage?

Are there any mods that can give me a fresh game experience? I've cleared this game 4 times and I wanna go for number 5 but I want to mix things up.

how do i check to see if my pawn was hired?
i feel like im missing out on so many RC after 3 playthroughs

>Assassin can only beat out strider by using force hatchet with bow skills.
Explain.

got to a bed or inn, take nap. Thing's gonna buffer for a while before you get a result screen.

assasins. magic Archer if your in BBI

It's a crummy weapon, but its special ability can boost secondary weapons. Power up the force hatchet and spam fivefold blast arrows to get the most dps an assassin can get. Don't get hit though.

do pawns get auto registered on creation for others to summon?

are blue dragons immune to magic.

only if you teach your pawn how to use a bow.

Using mods to register multiple sets of skills/weapons and swap between them with a hotkey has been pretty fun. I've been focusing more on combos and shenanigans than actual usefulness since I've got no real limit on how many skills I can have active at once.

They update every time you rest at an inn.
Pawns are really good at spamming tenfold shot and hitting weak points with great gamble. They'll also use blast arrows if you give them some. I've seen a ranger pawn solo Daimon with blast arrow tenfold spam.

How is strider in BBI?

mightve actually continued playing this game if it had a decent save system. oh well. hopefully the next game wont be ruined because of it

reminder that leveling sorcerer for magic archer is a massive fucking meme. The increased stamina from leveling magic archer more than makes up for the small damage loss.

Extremely good, like strider always is.

What I really liked in DD was how I got used to playing as one vocation and liked it. Then I tried a new one and had to learn how to fight effectively with this one.
They are all valid, but my immediate reaction to changing vocation was always "wait, this isn't as good as the last one! I did much better before." Then, after a short while, you get what makes the new vocation good and you start being effective.
It's a bit like trying out a new weapon in a soulsbourne game. You're used to the mechanics of the old one, so there's no instant gratification when changing to something new. You have to relearn how to do well in battle.

>everyone always goes on about tenfold and blast arrows
>no one ever mentions how ridiculous corkscrew arrow is
Ranger is great all around but god damn petrifying a garm with a single arrow is fucking insane.

Attached: 1445831718168.png (1728x1826, 1.58M)

>never ever
Dont be so sure buddy
twitter.com/tomqe/status/1115620196603949056
DMC5 stopped development
new project team

Attached: 1516066453188.jpg (674x674, 204K)

It treats the ranger bows like guns, its great. In saying that though alot of people prefer to melee fight in this because the combat is fun, that said, DD handled archer combat great too, its not just plinking arrows at an enemy you are targetting weak points and hte enemy actually reacts to being hit
>get a cyclops in the eye
>it starts staggering around while clutching its eye

ah yes the Dragon's Dogma 2 pachinko machine

Attached: 2016-01-23_00001.jpg (1920x1080, 568K)

Please don't bully the cyclops

play strider. best class. its like ranger with smaller magazines but has the best climbing and second best dagger combat of any class

Can I bully myself still?

Attached: 20160310050047_1.jpg (1920x1080, 196K)

Please don't bully god.

Who is going to stop me?

Attached: 20160310050110_1.jpg (1920x1080, 201K)

The strongest class requires you to minmax to avoid being one of the weakest. Go for the second-strongest: Strider

Attached: nobully.jpg (833x696, 143K)

Imagine being one of the poor brainlets who fell for the Mystik Knight meme posting.

Attached: 02e3f85c7ab0dd8114d180c9f53ed4ea58daa50e99ccab5121672c32.png (210x195, 101K)

MK is a lot of fun if you don't play it like a discount sorcerer spamming magic cannon on everything.

I haven't played in years but minmax-wise the magic knight that has the spell where you summon a thing that you hammer on to shoot homing projectiles was pretty much the most broken thing in the entire game, you can solo the urdragon easily with that thing.

It's alright. You can head to BBI whenever you want.

I got it for the Xbone at gamespoot for like $10 and I'm having a good time with it. I'd say it's at least worth picking up a used copy.

>he doesn't know

Attached: gg no re.gif (268x278, 1.39M)

I keep hearing this word “minmax.” What does it mean, sorry?

Assassin for sword + bow combo.

vg247.com/2019/02/07/dragons-dogma-2/
>“Here we are – we’re now finishing up DMC5. But I had ideas for Dragon’s Dogma 2 at the time as well. So here we are, it’s the end of this project.” Itsuno grins.
>Itsuno grins

What’s wrong with that?

I like the ranger because I like their bow though.
>charge attack makes a gunshot sounds when fully charged
All classes are fun, its a matter of preference really.

Ok I'm done bullying, this poor helpless villager is just spontaneously levitation on his own. nothign to see here

Attached: 20160310050408_1.jpg (1920x1080, 240K)

To be fair, that is a fun way of playing, it just wears off quickly. I remember my first playthrough on the ps3. Nothing was better than fire enchanting my sword, lining up three holy cannons in front of each other and a ruinous sigil underneath and watching that fucking framerate tank. So good.

But, Holy Furor and Stone Forest are better for sheer coolness. I really like that Holy Wall shield spell as well.

Nah, with BBI gear you don't need to plan stat growths at all.

Nice, I have been looking for this roll chart.

Attached: 20160310050424_1.jpg (1920x1080, 279K)

Retards who stick with one vocation for optimal stat gain. It's been autisticly proven that the end game differences are minimal.

What terrible fucking font, I can barely read this. Black with no outline on dark red, White with White highlights, ugly.

What? If you complete the game second time Senechal is replaces by you from your previous game through?

hehe mother fucker didn't know what hit em

Attached: merciful-god.jpg (2048x1152, 1.46M)

my nigga

Attached: 2016-01-26_00001.jpg (1920x1080, 588K)

Only if you play offline. Otherwise the Seneschal is always the model of the last player who defeated him.

Attached: Fountain-Boom.jpg (2048x1152, 1.04M)

>make an Arisen I think I like
>if they make any facial movements in cutscenes, their face start melting

Attached: 1548883472712.jpg (357x417, 60K)

Attached: Tired-of-this.jpg (2048x1152, 380K)

different classes have different stat growths at different levels. min maxing means that for the entire time you play the game up to a certain level, usually 100 or sometimes even higher, you will be playing classes you dont intend to stick with, and not just to unlock Augments or new classes.

It refers to the concept of attempting to purely focus on Minimum losses and Maximum gains. Take the following for example; You have 100 points. You can put as many points as you want into Health, Attack Speed, or Damage. A normal player would probably try to spread them pretty evenly. A minimaxer would want to know exactly how each stat works and how do points influence it.

Let’s say attack speed doubles every time you put in ten points but damage only increases by a flat amount equal to the amount of points. Let’s say you start with 100 damage and 1 attack per second. If you put every point into damage then your final dps would be 200. If you put every stat into Attack Speed your dps is 10240. Now lets say you split your points 10 Dam and 90 AS. Your dps is now 5632.

In the eyes of the minimaxer you wasted resources and didn’t achieve optimal gains. The example above was deliberately extreme to demonstrate the rationale behind minimaxing.

You don’t really need to minimax much in dragons dogma. Your stats auto upgrade based off your current vocation, so as long as you stay in a similar vocation you will have decent stats, some people play the same vocation for all 200 levels to achieve the highest stats. I myself did 12 levels of mage, 2 levels of magick archer, and 186 levels of sorcerer. Some people will say I minmaxed hard because of how long I did Sorc, while others would say I wasted 2 levels in MA and 2 in Mage. I just liked tornadoes, and wasn’t aware of the stat growth.

Wait what.

Thanks for the heads up user.

You too guys. Thanks.

Fun wise? Probably warrior.
For cheesing? Assassin for the meme arrow spam.

It's true. One time when I beat the game I faced down a purple-haired black midget, pic related.

Attached: 367500_20180806155738_1.png (1280x720, 574K)

How do you not know this?
If online, the game choses another random players character and pawn.

After beating Grigori, about how far into the game are you?

>doing anything but presets or full face coverage

Attached: blunder.jpg (322x157, 10K)

Pretty much done if you don't take Bitterblack Island into account.

The game has surprises pretty regularly for me.
>pawns use lanterns if you give them one
>they also use pickaxes
>they mount ballistas

>Pretty much done
>beating Grigori,
>Bitterblack Island
What is Everfall?

>keep rerolling until you get an extremely well liked Pawn

Holy shit I'm so autistic but I just can't stop.

>>Kill a Banshee
>Get a Hoe
>>Defeat a Succubus
>Large Nut

What did they mean by this Arisen?

you are essentially at the end but you choose how long before ending the game becasue get to run around the everfall for as long as you want and can re-explore the overworld now with new harder enemy spawns.This includes the other enterable locations like, watergods alter, shadow fort and bluemoon tower to name a few.
There is a pawn in the everfall that asks for wake stones this quest triggers the point of no return and the final stretch of the game which isn't very long, so if you want to roam around and explore, leave this quest till you are ready to end the game

>What is Everfall?
A twenty minutes formality?

Oh and dont forget to check the encampment quest board after grigs

It's like a japanese take on skyrim. Story and characters is as basic as it gets but the combat is fucking amazing.
Have you ever cast a meteor or a tornado as a mage in another game and felt flaccid? Not in this one.
For me it's the mystic knight. Intelligent, nihilistic and with a wicked sense of dropping frames.

Did somebody say dropped frames!

Attached: DD DA PS3 MK.webm (1280x720, 2.93M)

Wyrms have have high magic defense, Frostwyrms have very high magic defense. Both are weak to fire though, so you still have a way to deal damage.