FTL

>tfw

Attached: fuck your shit.png (215x280, 55K)

Flak is the best weapon

Attached: flakisfun.jpg (1280x720, 298K)

>Leto
Just fuck my shit up.

Attached: Raiden.png (405x750, 164K)

>tfw

Attached: fuck this shit.png (1280x720, 447K)

>afk to win mode

Attached: vulcan.png (670x310, 3K)

the RNG in this game made me just quit, jesus fuck its like its about nothing but rolling dice

the RNG is the difference between encountering something piss easy or having your entire game wiped with like nothing in between

been playing everspace recently instead, same shit basically but no crew and you actually fly around and shoot

iktf

>events like 50/50 you lose an essential crew member or get a weapon that carries you the rest of the run

the RNG is just way too extreme

the fact there's no beams that can damage a level 4 shield is what killed FTL for me.
you NEED to have at least one weapon to damage shields or the shield room, or you're fucked.

> devs too lazy to use shield "frequencies" based on color-matching to balance beams with

You can see twitch streamers be VERY consistent in this game.
>Git gud

Attached: spider man.jpg (600x589, 29K)

flak and burst 2 are objectively the best weapons, yes. between the two it's somewhat situational/sidegrade, but in general the burst laser is better (one less layer of RNG misses, very specific targeting). the game seems to recognize this by making flak 2 the somewhat more common.

essentially useless, like all the heavy weapons. should have had one of the variant starting ships built around it to make it interesting. I forget, is there a perk upgrade that stops unpowered weapons from losing their charge?

easy and normal modes you can make it to the final sector 99.9% of the time even with the worst possible RNG. you just need to get good, learn the game. hard mode is more like what you say but still eminently achievable (you should know when to just give up on a run that you're too far behind on to salvage, save yourself the time and misery).

>i knew the risk and had every opportunity to not take it, how could this have happened?!
just don't do the shitty crew-risk events. there is like a single one in the whole game and expansion that's even slightly tempting (the zoltan nebula space vortex one). spiders and fire shit is retarded, just don't do them.

Flak 1>Flak 2 though, while burst has better targeting Flak is better in my opinion for shield shredding which is more important than targeting

shit yeah I meant two-bar flak. the two-bar burst laser and two-bar flak guns.

>easy and normal modes you can make it to the final sector 99.9% of the time even with the worst possible RNG.
That's because the difficulty is all skewed towards the end. Getting to the final boss is piss easy, there's no reason to ever not get that far even if you're new to the game. But then the final boss is bullshit unless you have a build specifically good against him. I really wish they just didn't have a final boss and then made the main game actually hard

Git gud. When I played FTL a lot, I could easily win nearly all runs. It's all about managing your scrap and avoiding tough fights. The flagship is always the same, you know what you need to prepare for.

There are people with 90%+ winrate in hard with the Kestrel.
I will agree though that many of the OTHER ships are very RNG, especially the stealth one. The alternate ships are such wasted potential in this game, for 1/2 of them you literally just sell their starter perk/weapon and go for the exact same burst laser build that every ship becomes come sector 3.

Attached: black man.jpg (454x515, 15K)

install twinges balance mod then to make more weapons viable and some OP shit like hacking less viable

game is too fucking hard, this is the farthest I got

Attached: ss (2014-04-13 at 06.22.35).jpg (1286x748, 315K)

Attached: Mantis Technology.webm (379x379, 1.78M)

>RNG: The Game

Attached: 1472861912407.png (1282x747, 697K)

based

thanks doc

red picture