Who's the best Metal Gear Solid character?

Who's the best Metal Gear Solid character?

Attached: Big_Boss.jpg (1200x675, 75K)

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/hideo_kojima_en/status/629770198808039424
theguardian.com/technology/2014/jul/18/hideo-kojima-interview-metal-gear-solid-phantom-pain
venturebeat.com/2014/06/12/hideo-kojima-tries-to-balance-open-world-and-gripping-story-with-metal-gear-solid-v-the-phantom-pain-interview/
youtube.com/watch?v=mjY6awCr2_c
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Hideo Kojima

Objectively? Solid. He goes through the nonsensical war machine made crueler and more idiotic by his forebearers and comes out the other side with his principles and overall goodness intact. Personally, Armstrong. Flipside of Snake. He lives and dies by his naively brutal code. He's a power mad moron, but he's one of sincerity and conviction. Unlike say, the Boss, who allowed her super soldier self to be wasted in a double agent mission; the absolute antithesis of world war valor.

bump

Big boss

old snake

The friends we made along the way

Raiden

Attached: Raiden.png (1083x580, 183K)

Being good =/= better. Kojima likes BiBo more

BiBo

Attached: 1555276749481.png (300x600, 235K)

"Race Realist" Miller

Attached: 1507676105529.jpg (1430x1396, 375K)

My boy Kaz

Snake lol he cool XD

Attached: 0002.png (350x400, 50K)

Its ocelot. Its always been ocelot. Every other post is a lying ass poser. Its revolver ocelot.

*does gun gesture*

Attached: ocelot-1024x576.jpg (1024x576, 55K)

On par with Miller.

Ignoring MGSV, this

Grey Fox

Adam is a good character too

Solid Snake, then venom snake

Senator Armstrong

Boss.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 56K)

cuck

Iroquois Pliskin
It's a shame we never got to see him again after MGS2, Kojima must have forgotten about him

Attached: kazuhira miller.jpg (225x225, 5K)

Attached: 1534832597186.jpg (320x300, 19K)

Attached: Screenshot (189).png (1325x746, 664K)

The Guard from Snake eater that let you out

Raiden
Not specifically MGR either.
All versions of him.
His story in general.

GRAY FOX too
theyre about equal

Why is Raiden so underrated

>Solid Snake gets ruined by MGS4
>Big Boss gets ruined by PW
At least V turned him back into a believable villain.

Attached: 1501847300858.jpg (600x324, 49K)

>creating an army instead of Lone Rangering

That wasn't very action hero-y of him to do.

Naomi's cancer.

the nanomachines since they carry the plot at every point

Reminder that Solid is the best character:
>Destroyed a Metal Gear while being a rookie
>Defeated BiBo and his brainwashed soldier
>Defeated the superior clone and his goons
>Bros before hoes
>Secret bro handshake with Otacon
>Still fought a war while dying of old age and FOXAIDS
>Does shit solo, or with just a handful of people unlike BiBo who needs a new army every other week or so.
>Lives by his own principles instead of clinging onto some thot's words about peace
>Doesn't even care he is a clone

Venom snake is worst snake retard

Solidus.
Warlord turned POTUS turned terrorist fighting against the patriots.

Big Snake, but Solid Boss is a close second.

Venom Snake/Gray Fox

Attached: 1538223157647.jpg (1280x720, 190K)

Big Boss will always be better in cqc

Solid Snake

Attached: 1556613564477.jpg (2921x1200, 934K)

This is still wrong. Venom is no better then Big Boss and didnt build OH

This

Attached: 18094792_1995751130653433_8065316053464383488_n.jpg (518x373, 55K)

cringe

t. BiBo

Attached: 1534375750666.webm (800x450, 1.99M)

What's so bad about him?

*freedomfighter

Kazuheria "show me a nigger and I'll pull the trigger" Miller

>replaying MGSV because I never finished on 360
>breezing through most of the game
>UNTIL
>FUCKING BLOOD RUNS DEEP
FUCK USELESS NIGGER CHILDREN YOU KEEP FUCKING RUNNING AHEAD OF ME UNTIL THE HOME STRETCH THEN YOU JUST FUCKING SIT THERE WHEN WE'RE IN THE CLEAR
I mean I did it, but goddammit I almost failed for the dumbest reason

Attached: 1530327468907.jpg (320x320, 17K)

mgsv ocelot is so cool

I like how he constantly tries to piss kaz off

Attached: 1542138574143.jpg (512x512, 24K)

This. Aesthetic af and stoic but relaxed

My headcanon is that he brainwashed himself with Clint Eastwood westerns

Fucking this. Everyone else is fucking wrong

Im factualy right though. You people should refresh your memory

>Terrible personality that feels empty and what is there is from the real Big Boss
>gary stu that suddenly becomes close to Big Boss in skill
>Ruins Big Boss and the timeline with plot holes
>has dozens of fans that think hes a saint when he ends up building a nuke
>Isnt his own person

based

Attached: ocelot.jpg (1061x815, 70K)

Attached: 5EC0B8D8-0288-4C66-B596-699EF0C4D1E9.gif (320x180, 812K)

Everyone always complains that he doesn't act like the Ocelot we all know but I always thought he only acted normally around BB (even Venom who if I remember correctly said he was trying to convince himself that it was the real BB or something) because he respected him and only acted like a crazy asshole to his enemies

This I can respect

Attached: 1557711628121.jpg (663x1024, 84K)

Why did they make him so fucking boring in MGSV?
I can't remember a single scene with him besides "LET THE LEGEND COME BACK TO LIFE".

I might be stupid but I remember reading it was because he lost something like all DD members. I just dont remember where I read it

based retard with a capital retard

>It's canon that he wanted to raise child soldiers
>It's canon that he was brainwashed to believe that he broke up from The Boss
>It's canon that he attempted helped Big Boss carry on his extremely sick and twisted warmongering plot
>CQC in TPP is just like GZ
Yeah, he's Big Boss. Don't be fooled by what Ocelot and Kaz think.
Kaz isn't even on Big Boss or Big Boss' side by MG1, instead remaining neutral on FOXHOUND until Kaz himself helps Solid Snake, assisting him in actively killing Big Boss.

Attached: Big Boss.png (650x806, 1.03M)

Ocelot would've been better if they didn't try to force Liquid onto him and then try to retcon it with an even stupider reason

He lost faith, or in other words, love in the legend. He's foreshadowing, with barren expressions, on how corrupt and twisted the face of "Big Boss" overall will become.
But he still wants to fuck the man.

He doeant want to raise child soldiers like the real big boss though. He is just a fake dude. TMOF didnt want him

>"A little training, he'll make himself useful"
Yeah he did, stop lying.

>outright lie when it's so obvious that you can google "Big Boss rescues kids in mine from Africa" and spot evidence of him wanting to use them as soldiers in less than a second
When are you going to get over your John-isms?

>You care nothing
>for sex
Sorry Adam, Bibo's penis is simply an organ with no meaning for existence

Then what happened? Oh yeah, Kaz says no and venom is fine with it. Doesnt bring it up and saves kids for the rest of the game

Decoy Octopus

Only because he's forced to go along with it.
Big John wanted to use Chico as a child soldier in PW too but Kaz said no there too, and he was fine with that.

>I never played Peace Walker!
>Where Big Boss tries to employ Chico as a lil' comrade until Kaz stops him and does all the decision making from there on
What's next, you gonna call the "real" Big Boss "fake" too? Big Boss is no different from Big Boss, they were both hindered by Kaz until they were free to do anything they want.
I bet you that Outer Heaven, remade in a possible official future remake by (((Konami))) would have child soldiers.

Chico could be put in the combat division

You are retarded. You and medic are only fakes and OH was the real Big Boss's so yeah it would

>tfw just want a fun version of Metal Gear Online where you can play as characters from across the series

Attached: [woahoah].jpg (544x626, 68K)

>Chico could be put in the combat division
Still doesn't reflect what the cutscenes say though. Gameplay != story.

There are plenty of options that you can choose in the gameplay of a Metal Gear game that wouldn't make sense story wise, such as the ability to wear a bandana in MGSV.

The bandanna is canon but I agree. Point is Venom didnt even raise child soldiers in canon. Thats only Big Boss. Venom only raised the african kids and wasnt pushing them into being like him

>He's fake, let me provide absolutely no evidence whatsoever
>Here, let me cite a cutscene that would happen the same way if Naked and Venom swapped roles because Kaz doesn't like being bitched at and Venom is just like Naked in PW except mute

>The bandanna is canon
No
>didnt even raise child soldiers in canon
Only because Kaz is a bitch

>bandana
>canon
whut

Attached: nigger.png (603x240, 27K)

They literally tell you why its canon in the item description. It was taken back by strangelove.

Big Boss was the one to raise Sniper wolf and any other child soldiers. Not Venom.

>Taken back by Strangelove
This doesn't imply anything you fucking shithead.
Are you going to refuse Hideo Kojima's words? Kojima says that IT'S NOT CANON.

>The creator of MGSV literally says that the bandana unlockable is not canon
Which would your rather believe, the game or the creator who knows everything about it more than anyone else?

He lied about fucking everything so yes. The canon explanations ingame is that strangelove had it in the A.I. pod and now venom has it.

>Here, I just provided you a statement from the creator of MGSV on why the bandana in V isn't canon.
>loll durr but it's canon, the g-g-g-
shut up you fucking retard

>"lied about fucking everything"
>everything that the game says is the truth, even when the game is also lying too
The bandana was never in the A.I. pod. it got swallowed by a lake and sucked down a river. An explanation on why the bandana is even present doesn't imply any canonical status. I guess killing Quiet is now canon too.

He literally said this was going to be Big Boss and we got Venom. You might be a retard but everyone else knows this was a lie

Oh, by the way, why doesn't BiBo wear a bandana in Metal Gear 1? Could it be that he threw it out and ditched it because he ditched The Boss, similar to how BiBo ditched The Boss as well?

:)

I doubt kojima can even keep track of his convoluted story anymore. he's moved on to newer, more pretentious stories

It's Solid and it's not even close
Best "villain" would be Solidus though

No, he said that this was going to be "Snake". Punished "Venom" Snake. Everywhere where Kojima went when he talked about MGSV and the protagonist of TPP, he said "Snake", not Big Boss.

He also said that MGSV will tell how "Snake becomes Big Boss, an evil known to the whole world".
And, Snake, technically a former combat medic, becomes Big Boss, an evil known to the whole world when he wakes up from his surgery. He helps Big Boss in MG1 cover for him while carrying out his evil plans and securing the Metal Gear.

Now shut your trap and admit that I'm right, and you're wrong.

I had one playthrough of that mission when we were almost to the end completely undetected and then the fucking gunship came out of nowhere and spotted me, I was so pissed.

That mission was very unforgiving during the escape portion, especially if you were trying to get the mission tasks. Although you could just murder or extract literally everyone on site if you were sick of trying more traditional runs.

Attached: 1515722369919.jpg (540x699, 55K)

I'm right, and you're wrong

>this was going to be Big Boss
No, Kojima said numerous times that MGSV was about "Snake", like any other MGS game protagonist.

No. He says "Big Boss". You are the only retard who believes that "snake/Big boss" bullshit. Get over it. Its shit

shit

So you're going to say that you're right without proving that you're right. How dumb are you.

very not dumb

Volgin. He's angry, he's electric, he punches men and gropes women. Surely the Gods labored their hardest when they made Volgin.

>It’s a diplomatic answer, but Ground Zeroes is not an especially diplomatic video game. Its incarcerated terror suspects kneel in wire cages, bound at the hands and feet with blinding sacks over their heads. As you hoist them on to Snake’s shoulder and sprint to the evacuation helicopter, some break down in tears either through fear or relief. It’s grimly political. “[Guantanamo] was definitely something that I made decision to address in the game,” Kojima says.
HE FUCKING SAID SNAKE WHEN HE TALKED ABOUT THE MAIN PROTAGONIST OF MGSV. STOP IT.
theguardian.com/technology/2014/jul/18/hideo-kojima-interview-metal-gear-solid-phantom-pain

>not posting the gif

Attached: breddy gud.gif (295x166, 998K)

>venturebeat.com/2014/06/12/hideo-kojima-tries-to-balance-open-world-and-gripping-story-with-metal-gear-solid-v-the-phantom-pain-interview/
>what happened to Snake
>Why does Snake

He doesnt just have one MGSV interview for fucks sake and he is talking about Big Boss there after PW.

I just linked you another one. >he is talking about Big Boss there after PW.
And if that isn't enough, he refers to the protag of Ground Zeroes as "Snake", not Big Boss. Fucking mongol.

>user just absolutely BTFO'd out
Damn, son.

>more than 8 minutes and no reply
Admit that I'm right, admit that the bandana is not canon, admit that Big Boss is no different from Big Boss and that both of them wanted to raise child soldiers. Admit that Big Boss and Big Boss are both the evil big bad.

Sounds like a samefag tbqh but its pretty funny. Especially since the whole point is that Big Boss became Big Boss after PW and he is still called snake here

I will admit. You were right all along, and I was wrong every post! I only said such stupid things to troll you.

Attached: hurr.png (244x226, 2K)

Tf is wrong with you falseflagging?

>falseflagging
Come on, even you do it.
It's a crime to share the pain for

I found Solid to be more relatable than BiBo and the rest of the villains in spite of how he's often retroactively characterized as a souless bugman. He had basically the same backstory as most of them, exploited by a perverted system, traumatized, deeply cynical, but instead of the more cathartic response of FUCK IT ALL, ANARCHY, he walked a restrained path of resistance, something I can appreciate more.

Snake is the name of the protagonist.
Big Boss is the name of the character.

The timeline calls Big Boss' phantom "Snake" in 1984 because you control him during that year.

It appropriately calls him "Big Boss' phantom" in 1995 since you do not control him there in this game.

Never
the bandana is canon so fuck you

>Snake is the name of the protagonist.
>Big Boss is the name of the character.
This makes so much sense b

No, it's not. Kojima said so, and he's not lying. He's telling the truth, and you are lying to yourself.

Big Boss was the protagonist since 3 but by your dumb logic it should be used in GZ since he became Big Boss at the end of PW.

I wonder how he would have turned out if Big Boss hadn't "inspired" him with his coolness.

>Liking MGR Raiden
chronic shit taste

MGR should have been a fucking prequel.

Quiet. Because she’s my waifu. Fuck you

Ocelot, double-triple-quadruple-crossing everyone including himself because of unyelding homolust for Big Boss

Attached: 1469562092986.gif (320x180, 584K)

>sprays makeshift flamethrower on your path
What NOW, "legendary" Big Boss?

Attached: 1469569139623.jpg (304x376, 36K)

Attached: japaneseanime.jpg (1280x720, 50K)

Someone remind me who all Ocelot has double crossed and why?

He cucked his dad

Literally every single character in the entire series
For his love of Big Boss

Going by memory
>triple crossed the KGB while working for the CIA in order to steal part of the philosopher's legacy in MGS3
>being absolute madman in the middle east, gained "shalashaska" nickname between PW and V
>double crossing Zero for Big Boss during V, also Doublethink'd himself to "forget" about the real BB
>double crossing Liquid in MGS1
>hypnotized himself into beng Liquid so that he can double cross the Patriots AI into thinking he is actually Liquid

Attached: 1469562784811.jpg (286x405, 17K)

While running like a bitch

Solid Snake
youtube.com/watch?v=mjY6awCr2_c

Attached: MGS4-Microwave-Corridor-2.jpg (800x424, 75K)

Jivin' Gorilla