Let's talk about Yiik

let's talk about Yiik

Attached: 538962-YIIK_Postmodern_RPG_Review.jpg (1920x1081, 1.13M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qiZvLVmvqM4
youtube.com/watch?v=gIVHbQrvTA8
youtube.com/watch?v=0kOE9V5MoYw
youtube.com/watch?v=UJ2824U7TSM
youtube.com/watch?v=U0_11ijhEYs
youtube.com/watch?v=k-aIqQaevLk
youtube.com/watch?v=qnS6RLhotH8
sankakucomplex.com/2019/05/20/indie-rpg-yiik-plagiarizes-best-selling-author-haruki-murakami/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I have no idea what this is and judging by the image i won't like it so enjoy your bump.

Let's not

LEAVE KNUCKLE SANDWICH TO US

shit but harmless game.

Me when i shake, vibrating with motion

I kinda like some of the scenes but most of it has no connection to anything. Its just surreal for the sake of looking interesting

shit but toxic game

Imagine plagiarizing.

Why is it called y2k?
What does it have to do with the real y2k?

Everything is so confusing that all the characters just dump exposition all the time to try and get you to understand but still fail.

Yiik? More like Yuuk

>individually modelled teeth on non realistic models
STOP
FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THAT IS ART AND GRAPHIC DESIGN
STOP THIS

S T O P

More like Yiikes.

Again? We've had a bunch of threads already, it's a remarkably uninteresting game and you can only shit on something for so long before it stops being amusing.

Is the dev still trying to the room this shit? No we won't buy your shit rpg ironically

End game is at the turn of the millennium but not really.

I don't know why it gets so much hate. It looks like generic indieshit that nobody would care about.

Attached: attention-grabbing squid.jpg (700x920, 211K)

>tfw looking at your game ratings

Graphic design is my passion.

Attached: AAAAAA.gif (401x436, 301K)

>Uninteresting

Game has a lot of problems but wouldn’t say it’s uninteresting, personally I found some of the shit the dev attempted in the story really ballsy even if it didn’t always work out. Garbo gameplay though.

lemonade

Yea Forums won't stop obsessing over this kusoge.
Just buy it already.

Is there any way I can play it without the combat? I've tried playing it a couple times but the shitty combat makes me quit every time.

Is it true the main character is gay and tries to fuck one of the male party members but gets rejected?

I don’t enjoy this game but I would fuck Vella

The game is pretty kino, though you need above average IQ to enjoy it.

Alex LP toss is basically a “skip battle” button you get at like level 10.

did the dev have another breakdown or something? why is this coming back up AGAIN?

I want to fuck the black girl. Not her in-game model, but the art for her.

Attached: 1556414963222.jpg (708x1090, 174K)

Did they fix the load times on Switch yet

Attached: 24E13513-5406-4EBB-8E99-AA0440E67C7D.jpg (1535x1919, 438K)

One of the characters in game quotes an excerpt from a novel as foreshadowing or something and resetera is trying to use it as more ammo against the game or something like that.

It’s an optional scene and I think it pushes the character closer to killing himself if you do it.

you mean a major dialogue is directly plagiarized from a novel the writer had previously cited as an "inspiration" without citing it and everyone is calling it for what it is, and its notable because the entire rest of the game is already a shitshow

and then the writer went on twitter to have a Phil Fish meltdown about how he's an underappreciated genius that had a vision and video games just aren't ready for true art like Yiik

is this peak Yea Forums contrarianism? will we start seeing contrarians defending yiik?

Let's laugh at this game and how shitty it is
>QUALITY voice acting
youtube.com/watch?v=qiZvLVmvqM4
>Something that could've EASILY been said in two sentences
youtube.com/watch?v=gIVHbQrvTA8
>How you boost your stats
youtube.com/watch?v=0kOE9V5MoYw
>Race, because OF COURSE that had to be touched on in this game
youtube.com/watch?v=UJ2824U7TSM
>A QUALITY cutscene
youtube.com/watch?v=U0_11ijhEYs
>Yes the this is the final boss that faggot in one thread saying the alpaca was the final boss was pissing me off for some reason
youtube.com/watch?v=k-aIqQaevLk

Attached: cool pizza.png (272x229, 136K)

I heard this game was tailor made to trigger SJWs but I also heard its 100% serious but also the dev is /ourguy/ but so he's a cunt.

>I think it pushes the character closer to killing himself if you do it.
You sure? He looks kinda into it here

Attached: d4e4e59b8ebaacf97477909b73215f61ed42cb93_2_690x388.jpg (690x388, 125K)

The screenshot leaves out his next dialogue box which is “No. Dont you ever do that again.”

Does anyone have a clip of the scene where it's revealed one of the dude's moms is just a leg?

>be hot black gril
>have the most annoying voice
Fug

Everyone else has acceptable VA while hers is just awful. Jesus.

Michaels screaming voice is also maximum quality but I don’t have a good clip of it.

Okay designs, good art, horrible story and storytelling, horrible gameplay, bad ui, okay music, bad animations... It's just a game made to be "deep" and "meaningful" but fails at being both and it's accompanied with a gameplay that doesn't help its cause.

Attached: 348749374788.png (200x200, 106K)

lol was gonna post this

Supposed to be set in like 1999 but the game starts making post turn of the century references and fucks it up

>Horrible story and storytelling

This is apparently going to be my lifetime “fuck you I liked it” thing.

>I saw the Alpaca/Essentia exposition dump out of context that means the story sux

That is intentional.

it was a blatant attempt at being woke and cashing in on libtard social politics, the problem is he just went way too hard at it and it ended up so fucked up the people he tried to align himself with hate him and the rest just think it's funny. the dev is just so unbelievably awkward and stupid, that he thought any of the game was a good idea, be it the shallow adaptation of the Elisa Lam death (turning it into a weird scene where she's abducted by demons with blood coming from her eyes, screaming for the main character to save her), Satoru Iwata's grave, making a big deal about how racist it is to assume a black character knows how to break into places then turning around and saying yes he does in fact know how

he's not /ourguy/ and he's not on our side, he just tried to throw in with (((them))) and failed

LEMONADE

>okay music
lemonade

The dev is not even political, the black characters in his game just have black people opinions.

>What the hell is going on?!?!
>30 minute exposition scene where a robot explains souls are being scattered across different dimensions
>What the hell is going on?!?!
>repeat
Was the writer even conscious when he wrote this?

youtube.com/watch?v=qnS6RLhotH8

This?
Not gonna lie Rory's "shaddup" made me snort

I've seen a gameplay. Story is interesting but is awfully told, with a lot of nonsense characters and scenes trying to explain what's happening or how things are. Not to say the dialogue is just horrendous at times. Maybe I'm just dumb and don't understand it but I don't like it.

this is genuinely the only funny thing in the game

isn't dick masterson in some hidden ending?

General consensus among people that tried to hunt for it is that the dev is full of it and will add a third ending with the physical release if it is in the game nobody found it yet.

DUDE WHAT IF EARTHBOUND WAS MADE BY WOKE IRONIC MILLENIALS

This was their magnum opus. This scene.

It's like a visual gag from Airplane!, I like it. Does it make sense in context that the dude's mom is a fucking leg, though?

I want to fuck the brunette.

WHAT
THE
HELL
IS
GOING
ON?!?!

Why is this being shilled so much?

>actually liking this piece of shit

Attached: RqB36aT.jpg (543x417, 53K)

Later in the game you find out Alex’s Dad left his Mom to chase a piece of ass with a nice pair of legs. It’s basically meant to tell you that Rory is Alex’s half brother in at least some realities.

>make a game where you self insert as the protagonist
>every single review mentions how the protagonist is a unlikable asshole

Attached: 1216754183418.png (600x346, 161K)

wtf I love resetera now.

The funny thing is that this looks like exactly their type of game. I wonder why they hate it.

He's not his self insert though. The character is meant to be an asshole. That's why it's """""post modern."""""""

because the protagonist of the game have a very punchable face. looking at op's screenshot I barely can curb my impulse of punching the monitor

Alex is a criticism of that type of person and the entire game is about him having to grow the fuck up instead of being a manchild.

zoylent

>plagiarizing
that's gonna be a YIIKES from me, dawg.
anyway the combat is super slow, the story sucks. 4/10.

growing up only means losing your soul and being a corporate slave
I'll stick with manchild

explain the lemonade meme for someone like me who never heard or played the game

The basis for the story has potential, but it's told in the form of shitty dialogue that constantly repeats itself. You're also stuck with the most awkward and unfunny protagonist imaginable.

DUDE
ITS LIKE FATHER 2
AND ITS SEQUEL FATHER 3
WHOA

>making a big deal about how racist it is to assume a black character knows how to break into places then turning around and saying yes he does in fact know how
Remember when Walking Dead did this as a joke.

Early in the game a characters confession of his sisters suicide is interrupted by a soul devouring golden alpaca that sings Lemonade as a battle cry. It makes no sense out of the context of the rest of the game.

It’s a joke in YIIK too. The cops in game also exclusively target your black party members if they’re on the field.

It's a joke in YIIK too; a drawn out one.

>The cops in game also exclusively target your black party members if they’re on the field.
Bullshit. That can't be true

Someone explain the plagarism, I'm not going out of my way to learn about yiik

You already have.

Shit you're right

>cops hate niggers
>everyone hates cops
>dogs hate niggers
>everyone loves dogs
???

The Alpaca scene makes just as much sense in context as it does out of context. It shows up completely out of nowhere while they're having a "serious" discussion about suicide, and then once the fight's over everyone acts like it never happened. It was really fucking dumb.

In context it’s supposed to show that reality will break if Alex has a mental breakdown, which is why he just keeps repeating that he doesn’t understand before it shows up; he can’t cope with the severity of what he’s facing.

There are better ways to do that, though.

Please post lewd photos of the keytar bitch

Directly plagiarized lines from a translation of a novel by Haruki Murakami. Didn't even bother to change some words around or anything to make it look different.

Attached: pathefic.jpg (1327x3264, 1.05M)

This is a screenshot they chose to promote their game with. Look at the shadows. Look how nothing is touching the ground.

the only cops I hate are traffic cops. They're the worst scum out there trying to fill their ticket quotas with any bullshit trick they can pull.

All other cops are generally fine.

There's a novel called After Dark by Haruki Murakami. It took lines directly from that novel.

Can confirm, I'm below average IQ and I didn't like it.

(stolen material)
RPG

fuck this pretencious shit.

keytar boobie ass

Nice try shill but there was nothing tailor made to trigger SJWs. First off, those people are always triggered by everything and anything. Second, it was just shitty writing that rubbed everyone in the wrong way. It wasn’t exactly pandering to anyone in particular yet it appealed to no one as well.

The story wasn’t that downright bad in my opinion, but at the same time it was another bland uninspired shit. It doesn’t help when your plot ain’t doing anything special yet it’s riddled with everything else that is just horseshit.

> plagiarizes japanese shit
> still manages to make it worse than whatever he plagiarized

lol

VELLA

And then the dev wonders why no one likes his character.

SPBP

Attached: postmodern stairs.gif (376x280, 399K)

kek, the funny thing is that even niggers hate niggers. Black on Black crime is the biggest number for homicides and also the biggest reason why most blacks are in jail. And that's something the leftist/sjw will never admit or tell you. They rather blame cops for most of it and always make headlines about the few bad cops.

You're supposed to hate him.

Made me chuckle.

Didn't every optional kissing scene end awkwardly?

The only one who was into it was Essentia, and she's apparently like trying to kiss a power socket.

Attached: valhalla_yiik.jpg (1200x1200, 194K)

Wait a minute. The whole game has that? Isn't Essentia basically the main villain?

I think the narration might have been better received if it was trimmed down a bit and had more interesting imagery playing than Alex staring awkwardly at the screen for three minutes each time.

Like Bastion, where it ties to dialogue into the personalized and ongoing progression of the story rather than repeatedly grinding to a halt to describe everything that we've just seen.

Attached: Bastion_Narration.jpg (1280x720, 103K)

No thanks, let it die and be forgotten already

chubby keytar butthole

Kind of, sorta, not really? I don't know.

There's Essentia 1000, who's supposed to be a culmination of all parallel versions of one soul, and seems to be in love with Alex, but then there's Essentia 995 who is apparently another version of the same robot but is also a parallel version of Alex, and is just manipulating you to do her dirty work. So I guess that everyone's Alex, and everything's a lie.

So I don't know what all was supposed to be real or genuine in the end

Attached: D5C_qc7UEAAY-7O.jpg (905x1279, 150K)

I'm sure it'll make more sense in YIIIK.

i hate this fucking screenshot

Exponentially speed up the combat, Director's Cut some of the less important dialogue, and give it an actual ending, and I think it'd be perfectly fine.

you can't fuck an art, dumbass

The game looks nice. Everything else is unfortunate

Yes I can.

Yiik? More like, Yuck!

Lmao

Doesn't mean it makes it good

Attached: 084.png (300x256, 102K)

The point is that reality is literally unraveling. The references are supposed to poorly communicate that 1999 is breaking.

Why the fuck do so many people who clearly don't know anything about the game say the writing is bad? Every time I see one nof these threads it's incredibly obvious nobody knows how anything in the story works as a whole, just that there's an alpaca, a onions meteor, and a missing black kid rant.

It's nice to see that the mindset of "I was born in the wrong era" has always been a thing you think Gung the Caveman was jealous of his grandpa's.

That, or it turns out that it always HAS been a better time and we're all secretly hungering to become cavemen again

No you aren't, you are supposed to want him to improve. Nobody does because they hate him.

Why did Proto Alex look nothing like him or the other Alexes in the game?

Can we talk about Super Daryl Deluxe instead? That game actually managed to make its Ghost Hunters pastiches extremely likeable.

Attached: SQ_NSwitchDS_Super-Daryl-Deluxe.jpg (1000x1000, 270K)

Possibility 1: They wanted to show that Proto Alex was emaciated and malformed as a result of tampering with the soul splitting machine.

Possibility 2: The ending is a hackjob because it was changed at the last second and Proto-Alex is just an edit of the party member from the Cape Juno demo area.

Op is one of the dev

>Cape Juno demo area.
Is the demo Canon?

You've been trying this tactic for ages, your game is a fucking abortion yiik team member, nobody likes it, nobody plays it. Fuck off to a subreddit to shill.

What changed between the demo and the final game? Not the gameplay, duh, but what changed

>lets repeat the same bullshit about YIIK because none of us played the game
You guys don't even have the full scope of the garbage fire that is this game.

Attached: firefox_GifaydTfd5.png (1213x607, 361K)

>3D pig disgusting logic

Toxic like your mom's braps

It doesn't matter if it is or not so probably not.

I should really just YouTube this entire thing. No one has gone nearly in depth in how much of a trainwreck this is.

I played it. Its nothing special but I still don't understand why so many threads on this game are being made.

I'm tempted to try to do an unbiased overview of the plot because I actually played it enough to get the gist of it but the problem is most of the actual story is told through subtext rather than what's actually happening on the screen.

Give Yea Forums something to fuck with

What's wrong with it?

Attached: fFTyp.jpg (960x540, 132K)

no, now check this 4

That's not a model.

Oh how embarrassing

Attached: 1532687172632.jpg (540x540, 33K)

Looking for THIS 4?

Are they supposed to look like the NPC meme?

Sort of.

based

it's called y2k because the designer wanted you to think it was pronounced "Yick" so he could smugly correct you.

>I have no idea what this is and judging by the image i won't like it so enjoy your bump.

It's a really badly done RPG that plagiarized another story:
sankakucomplex.com/2019/05/20/indie-rpg-yiik-plagiarizes-best-selling-author-haruki-murakami/

Easily the worst RPG in the past few years, even worse than FF7