What did you think

The dad was the pikachu

Attached: file.png (1280x720, 1.24M)

Haven't seen the movie but...
I KNEW IT

Attached: 1553641476390.gif (498x436, 3.86M)

awful movie

>caring about pokeshit in 2019
Manchild, grow up.

Best modern movie I've seen in a long time

thanks, now i dont have to watch it anymore, since mystery is solved

I liked it, but I can see why boomer critics were panning it. There's definitely a future for live-action Pokemon films, but they really need stronger writers on board.

The whole giant torterra scene seemed lame to me and when pikachu got hit in the head with the rock I thought he was faking it. But mewtwo was fucking dope. Also bulbasaur was really cute and the best looking starter

I just want to a Zelda film by Guillermo Del Toro

I thought it was pretty fucking great. I don't really think the writing was bad as the critics make it out to be, it was an amazing take on Pokemon, and live action nonetheless.
There hasn't been a good live action game based movie ever. This one's the first

needs more slowpoke

As a regular film, it's just okay.
As a video game adaption, it's the best one that isn't Mortal Kombat.

Ryan Reynolds was good but the rest of the actors were terrible. Especially that reporter intern girl, her whole character was pointless

>ask my friend who saw the movie if the pikachu was the dad
>"Yes, but in a way that's not stupid"

Attached: 1544564049099.jpg (228x210, 6K)

Surprised me that someone made a decent live action vidya movie. If they make a second one I hope they do something with Giovanni/team rocket.

>caring about what makes people happy
Manchild, grow up

does meat exist in their universe?

Yup
They're never shown eating, but there's a scene in an alley where they pass by some food stands, and since pokemon are the only animals shown, it's safe to assume they eat pokemon

It felt like a very paint-by-numbers movie with pokemon in it.

It is a pokemon movie based on an old game. Nobody with a brain was going to watch it for an ellaborate plot, and anyone that had that kind of expectation wasn't under 13 years old must be retarded.

more like
>based on a game no one played
That's more accurate

savages

I played it... It wasn't huge on the west but it was somewhat known for a spin off game.
It was an okay game. But that is beside the point. The point is that pokemon games/anime usually don't have a great overall plot. It has never been the focus of anything pokemon related.

Very okay movie that felt like it took the safest route so that it wouldn't ward off Nintendo or Gamefreak from lending their IPs out for movies ever again. Still, an average video game movie still puts in in the running for greatest movie based directly off a video game ever, with only MK being in contention.

Ryan was great, the lead actors sounded bored, the world was amazing, it had a lot of effort and detail put into it to make it look like a living Pokemon World, best part of the movie by far. Everything else was meh, but at least it wasn't shit.

Attached: 14736265628.png (254x336, 107K)

>I can see why boomer critics were panning it

I'm on the same page as many of them that seemed to be enjoying the movie up until the 3rd act. By then it genuinely becomes way too fucking retarded for me to handle and it tries to tie up loose ends in the quickest and most inefficient way possible. That being said there were some reviews that were way too boomer for my taste too, like that one pretentious faggot complaining about how the movie was just "another cog in a consumerist agenda" and full of "product placement". Bunch of meaningless buzzwords overall. The nigger doesn't even understand what product placement means! There are no references to existing real world products. Only a retard would think that having Pokemon in a fucking Pokemon movie = product placement.

That being said, the movie rating plateau'd at a reasonable rating. I'd personally give it a 7/10. On the good side, most of the pokemon look great, the cinematography is pretty good and the setting is well executed with the Pokemon world seeming genuinely lively AND almost realistically conceivable. On the bad side, the story goes to shit once the villains motives are revealed; Mewtwo is maybe the worst looking pokemon in the movie, which is really fucking sad considering he's pretty much the 2nd most plot-important pokemon in the movie and he gets so much screentime. That shot of them putting Mewtwo in the van was one of the most embarrassing CGI abortions i've seen. Final "battle" sucked and was both short and anticlimactic. Overall, the movie started strong but wrapped up shoddily.

Also, i can't believe they're doing a straight sequel instead of finally trying out a more generic storyline. DP served as a proof of concept, but the plot resolved itself and there's no way you can squeeze more out of it without half-assing some shit excuse for Detective Pikachu to come back for some reason. Ranger, PMD or Pokemon Conquest would've been better ideas for a future iteration.

Attached: D7GOnamUwAADepE.jpg (600x1174, 185K)