What tone should Sonic games have? Silent and simple? Super serious shounen? Self aware quipfests?

What tone should Sonic games have? Silent and simple? Super serious shounen? Self aware quipfests?

Attached: 973A8D8A-60A5-4594-9B3D-86459386F606.jpg (1024x576, 57K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/3gPBmDptqlQ
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Erotic

Simple self aware shounen

>Self aware quipfests
this, it's a fucking blue hedgehog ffs

Surrealist fever dream

This

Silent hill quipfest seinen eroge

SA2 wasn't really super serious but it was certainly trying to aim for that anime audience, i'd say a mix between silent and simple with SA2's shounen like tone would be the best fit

Attached: 1558244485000.jpg (406x405, 43K)

this, anything else is wrong, sonic literally goes super saiyan in every single game ffs

get

Attached: >erotic.png (871x757, 621K)

SA2

So dragon ball?

>shadman

This Sonic Heroes had best tone

Can't I just have Silent and Simple with character dynamics like 50s cartoons?
Those were the best times for Sonic

Attached: sonic cd.jpg (620x408, 31K)

>Sonic Boom TV Series writing
>But more lighthearted and having the Oshima/Toei designs

That's my preference

Attached: sonic 3.png (500x281, 127K)

Serious shounen. Or possibly serious, ironic shounen similar to code geass, which does it in a comedic way that many people miss

Serious to the point of comical. A parody of 80’s and 90’s cliches.

It just needs good writing, you can make whatever the fuck you want with that.

Fuck off miyamoto we're not going to let you dumb everything down

>ironic shounen similar to code geass
What does that even mean?

Holy shit just shut the fuck up

Mostly lighthearted but it's fine to have some depth or serious stakes here and there.

A serviceable plot to move things along strung together by character bants but actually funny and not Lost World tier bullshit.

Admit it Yea Forums, you love shounen sonic
youtu.be/3gPBmDptqlQ

Attached: 20190521_165040.png (963x720, 571K)

I think if you take Colors general tone and make it a bit more serious, I think that would work. I want Sonic being silly and lighthearted vs. Eggman at the start, then have him be a bit more serious when stuff actually starts hitting the fan.

It’s a shame shounen sonic is tied with OW THE EDGE and Final Fantasy tier 06 sonic forever due to gameplay

I totally do.

Whatever Unleashed's story had going on. Serious enough to have stakes, but not to the point of eye rolling like in SA2. It also has plenty of brevity and had a sort of whimsical feel to it.

But that's just the tone. Ideally, the story shouldn't take precedent over the gameplay. People who want equal parts story and gameplay in their Sonic games are horribly misguided. I blame Sonic Team for even putting the idea in kids' heads that Sonic "should" have a larger focus on narrative in the first place. Completely ruined an entire generation's priorities when it comes to this series.

>eye rolling like in sa2

Attached: 20190510_114550.jpg (224x285, 47K)

Silent and Simple with extremely abstract and artsy environments and the occasional serious shonen moment

Attached: sonic cd.jpg (760x428, 79K)