I want to go back

I want to go back.

Attached: The Orange Box.jpg (220x278, 23K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=k4776vRNc_4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

this was unironically my only way to play TF2 in 2011 because i didn't have a PC

Well the orange box was the only way to get tf2. I don't think you could buy it separately back then.

What's up with the name "Orange Box"?
Why Orange? Why not blurple?

That was also me for a while in 2009 before I got my first gaming PC at the end of that same year. I'm pretty sure there's still a handful of people playing the PS3 version to this day, unless the servers are down again.

in 2011 it went free

My older brother bought this and L4D2 for me when I bought my first graphics card. Havent really used a console since then.

Attached: L4D2_NA-PC_ESRB-ver2.jpg (1000x1439, 384K)

Not when it first came out, no. They released physical retail versions early in 2008 though.

Attached: 16221.jpg (1521x2118, 744K)

ye ye but in the year 2007 you had to buy the orange box to get tf2. you couldn't buy it separately from steam. you had to buy the whole box.

the whole orange box with
Half-Life 2
Half-Life 2: Episode One
Half-Life 2: Episode Two
Portal
Team Fortress 2
Codename gordon
Half-life peggle

Didn't get it exactly at release but i remember buying a dirt cheap tf2 only copy.

Based zoomer

Attached: 220px-Half-Life_Cover_Art.jpg (220x315, 33K)

>Half-life peggle
this was a thing?

Attached: 1499833250432.jpg (205x246, 5K)

>be kid
>be poorfag
>have family
>have my six ps2 games I would play over and over again
>internet was still a beautiful wild west full of mysteries and I would spend all day trying to come up with a domain name to type in
>would steal my brother's game informer and read it several times
>fast forward fifteen years
>family is scattered throughout the world
>have no time for games
>even if I did they're just not the same anymore
>internet is BoomerBook degenerates and Instathots
>only wild west feel site is this site
>the world has fallen into honk honk status
>my quaint little town has a faggot parade now and the mayor shits on a Christian charity because political correctness and mob mentality
>despite this, be very successful: own a home, no debt, building capital, married, good job, good skills, kids soon
>it all feels empty. Literally SOUL vs SOULESS meme

I remember being so excited for Portal 2. All the speculation about the game prior to release, the comic they released ahead of it.
I really enjoyed it but something felt slightly off about it. It was shortly after that Valve's luster began to fade. Maybe I just bought into the idea of a game studio as a person doing cool things, making cool games.

Attached: Portal2_box-art-pc1.jpg (386x525, 58K)

it's time to accept that HL2 ep 1 and 2 were lame as shit especially since there is no actual follow up

give your kids an experience of soul user

Attached: 1505688452596.jpg (427x427, 21K)

>these great games aren't great anymore because they don't have a sequel
Just how retarded do you have to be to think like this?

It's free expansion of sorts for Peggle, with HL2/Portal/TF2-themed levels. You still can download it btw, it's "Peggle Extreme" on steam.

they were never great. literally expansions that bring nothing to HL2, just prolonging a mediocre experience

Every Sunday an user hosts servers for Valve related products. There was a CS 1.6 server last Sunday.

this
shit game shit mechanics shit graphics shit story nO ENDING FUCK YOU

Umm, sweetie, Yea Forums is an anti-HL2 board now, m'kay?

>the world has fallen into honk honk status
back to your containment board

youtube.com/watch?v=k4776vRNc_4
>there will never be that much dedication put into a video game anymore
why even live?

Implying I forgot about that. It's the first time I heard about ARGs as well.

the ooooaaahrahnge baahx
rated teetooemm

Why? All those games were terrible...

Attached: 1558233048648.jpg (473x532, 26K)

Is this the best valuepack ever made in the history of vidya? Will we ever see a combination of new IPs and great sequels in one package like this?

I'm so glad that SOMETIMES you can get a game of TF2 going on the Orange Box version. PC TF2 is a fucking catastrophe.

nope

I assume that’s a nope to my second quesrion

tf2 classic when

Behold: the meme slave.
One who has gone so far down the rabbit hole that they can think in nothing but memes.

My favourite thing about vanilla/OG TF2 was that Hydro was more played. Hydro was my favourite map and it’s a shame it got less and less played with each subsequent update.

Also the engy/demoman/soldier out-of-bounds glitches were fun to exploit

yep

I redownloaded TF2 recently. I tried finding random games and most were half-filled servers at best.
Resigned to flushing some time down the old 24/7 2fort toilet.

Yeah, I dunno why Hydro is so dead. I have like...950-ish hours in TF2. I remember I quit cold turkey. Every single update...FUCKING ALL OF THEM...were just cosmetics, cosmetics, and more cosmetics. I recently reinstalled the game for like a day, here's a quick rundown.

>join 24/7 2fort
>immediately some demo is running around with a pink reskin axe and like a trillion particle effects, none of which match the general theme of TF2
>play for a few minutes
>quit

They raped and murdered one of my favorite games. The game died after Polycount.

I'd also like to add that I did some quick number crunching about a recent update of theirs. The ratio of bullshit cosmetics added to guns and content added was literally almost 6:1.

Attached: Angery_Hitler.gif (320x180, 1.32M)

To be honest I liked all the updates and the medic update brought new gameplay modes and maps like Goldrush which were fun. They only started to decline in quality and become game-breaking around the second Pyro update

Ep1 was boring but Ep2 was kino.

EP1 was definitely the worst one but I think Lowlife, the final strider battle, and the opening part with the superGgun and Dog were pretty kino as well.

Nah, F2P was a terrible mistake. It flooded the game with South Americans and Russians, and geared the game towards making money via microtransactions. ALSO, I PAID $20 FOR THAT SHIT.

I paid $20 as well but F2P wasn’t a problem. I don’t care where new players come from because I never cared about “muh community”, only about other players to shoot at.

Is this the best at-release bundle ever made? I can't think of any that are comparable.

Can't shoot at someone with 6,000,000 ping. This isn't even about community. It was about a switch in business model.

Episode 1 is pretty good, Episode 2 is great. Both are leagues better than the average AAA title.

Super G-gun is always fun, but the section didn't really differ that much from final section of HL2 in any meaningful way.

Attached: 20190211223727_1.jpg (1920x1080, 571K)

I've never finished HL2EP2 or Portal
With Ep2 it was that strider battle I think, didn't want to play that shit
With Portal, I dunno, not my kind of game

>ep1 2006
>ep2 2007
>portal 2007
>tf2 2007
>l4d 2008
>l4d2 2009

i want to go back

Left 4 Dead 2 was horse shit.We didn't get enough time with the first one, and the stuff in 2 could have just been a content update instead of a completely separate game.

It wasn't horseshit. Granted, as evidenced by the fact that it literally has L4D built into it, you're right that it should have just been a content update.

tf2 did not steadily decline, it fell off a cliff the second they introduced the mann store