Was this a good twist?

Was this a good twist?

Attached: dsc02263b.jpg (480x640, 95K)

What's the twist?

This looks depressing...
Elaborate!

>Was this a good twist?
It was an okay retelling of a certain E17's twist, fairly cleverly adapted for DS' hardware.

the entire time you were playing as the girl on the touch screen (akane) sending information to junpei in the future (top screen with no input)

Oh shit. That's intense.

How does she exist in the future if she’s trying to save herself in the past? How the fuck are future Junpei and younger her even linked again? It’s been ages since I played but thinking about it now is making me angry

Attached: C3608D0E-46B1-4CDF-8296-9BB141CEF9AD.jpg (868x1024, 40K)

One of the best in all video games. Shame other versions lose the second screen which is the biggest part of what makes it great.

don't know. Game?

vlr's cascade of 50 billion mindfucks all snowballing into the shitstorm that was its ending was better

Did a quick wiki rundown on this game's story. Sounds like trash.

I liked how her fever got more intense the further you got from saving her because she was literally burning up.

Go into detail, because I didn't play this game nor gave a shit about it, so go ahead and spoil me so I can understand shit.

It really isn't

probably my favorite story in a video game

In the past they did sone escape room game with some kids to force them to tap into some psychic mind realm outside of time, then years later someone captures a bunch of adults and makes them do the same game. Some of the adults were the kids from the original experiment and it turns out that you're playing as the kid version of the girl whose been able to tap in to the psychic realm and send the room solutions to the mc of the present time so that he could get to the end and solve the final room so that the kids in the past could escape.

woh very epic

Didn't make much sense to have the most emphasis on her fever during the Safe End though as it's the only one actually required to save her.

HOLD THE DOOR! HOLD THE DOOR! HOLDTHEDOOR! HOLTHEDOOR! HOLDOR! HODOR! HODOR!

Attached: HODOR.jpg (666x910, 69K)

PLEASE
I BEG YOU

Attached: door stuck2.jpg (1024x768, 212K)

It was a good twist, but a terrible puzzle lmao.

It didn't even have an challenge, iirc the only numbers that could be slid into place were the correct ones, so it removed any challenge it may have had.

Sudoku puzzles can be pretty tough, but this wasn't one of them.

yeah 999 was a good twist
ZTD was fucking retarded though

I hate myself for playing the ps4 version first.

It really didn’t make sense not to live for fun. All the MCs brains got smart but their heads got dumb.

>How does she exist in the future if she’s trying to save herself in the past?
Stable time loop.

I like how in the Nonary Games remake of 999, the password was just password.

No. It makes no sense.

Carlos's wild ride was the best thing to come out of ZTD.

Attached: 1461192373669.jpg (700x525, 155K)

a great twist that utilizes the DS, a shame about the PC version

I remember another DS game that had the same puzzle gimmick, might have been an ace attorney game. I miss those puzzle novels and I have no idea if they are still made with the same quality.

Hotel Dusk? It required flipping the DS, dual-touching it and looking at weird angles during different puzzles.

it was a good twist
the twist that Akane was zero is not

Family reunion was the only reason I didn't felt like I was scammed in the end, but it was pretty damn close.

Junpei is actually a prepubescent girl the whole time.

Too bad it was ruined by the puzzle that showed photos of Junpei and others.

It's strange that they didn't change the puzzle even though it was pointed out during development.

How the fuck is it even a twist?

IIRC Uchikoshi said "Ye we fucked up, pretend it didn't happen".

>Very sharp. That was something that was pointed out by my debugging staff. Sorry. If you could make an exception, and just say that this was something Akane saw through Junpei's eyes, that would be great.
This is foreshadowing of Uchi being a complete HACK.

Actual plot is kinda stupid but I like the rest of the game enough.

It's been years since I played the game, what does this fuck up?
I thought Akane only communicated to Junpei during the sudoku bit, was I wrong?

Cards in the cargo room have photographs of the present time participants on the bottom screen when it should have been the kids.