What are some good single player mahjong games with cute girls?

What are some good single player mahjong games with cute girls?

Attached: 74822348_p0.1.jpg (1200x1200, 533K)

Other urls found in this thread:

mahjongsoul.game.yo-star.com/?room=89267
youtube.com/watch?v=mY0-pz86ExI
mahjongsoul.game.yo-star.com/?room=59262
mahjongsoul.game.yo-star.com/?paipu=190521-392c892c-86bf-4fed-ab4e-7ae5d2a77a92_a925629420
mahjongsoul.game.yo-star.com/?room=91883
osamuko.com/playing-a-good-game-and-losing/
dainachiba.github.io/RiichiBooks/
twitter.com/mochi8hiyoko/status/1130034121147920384?s=20
mahjongsoul.game.yo-star.com/?room=16914
youtube.com/watch?v=Rra6SUQMiS8
mahjongsoul.game.yo-star.com/?room=72495
youtube.com/watch?v=jnxhmHxi2LI
youtube.com/watch?v=ZQFpnEUC-VU
jankenso.com/dataroom.asp?t=2
mahjongsoul.game.yo-star.com/?room=53316
uk.mahjong.dk/activities/dmint/2019/
mahjongsoul.game.yo-star.com/?room=25793
mahjongsoul.game.yo-star.com/?room=49894
mahjongsoul.game.yo-star.com/?room=79158
mahjongsoul.game.yo-star.com/?room=43446
mahjongsoul.game.yo-star.com/?room=19545
mahjongsoul.game.yo-star.com/?room=74607
pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=74753614
sites.google.com/site/mjnetguide/home
mahjongsoul.game.yo-star.com/?room=84312
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Mahjong Pretty Girls Battle is a good one.

Pon! Chi! Kan! Ron! Let's get that belly down a few sizes!

Attached: mahsoulnyaxercise.png (996x801, 389K)

There's the 2hu mahjong games. Bullshit powers are optional.

Attached: snap0010.png (800x600, 134K)

Saki on psv is pretty good.

Attached: saki-zenkoku-hen-plus-511613.3.jpg (640x640, 87K)

Majsoul Friends Room 89267(4-Player South): mahjongsoul.game.yo-star.com/?room=89267

standard south

Keeping 4 tiles in your hand is probably bad for tile efficiency, since you temporarily having a triplet keeping up 4 tiles. Honestly, if you draw a 4th tile and are 2+ tiles away from tenpai, it's probably fine to just discard it. On average, a kan is going to help your opponents more than it helps you.

But there are definitely advantages to keeping it around. Closed kan right before riichi is really powerful. You get a rinshan kaihou chance, but if you do declare riichi you end up getting 2 new dora indicators if you win, and you give your opponents as little time as possible to adjust their hands and hoard the new dora. If you keep the quadruplet in your hand, you could also keep the ability to turn your quadruplet into a triplet + a sequence. Finally, if things are just not going well, you can use your quadruplet for betaori (though, the first discard is potentially very risky).

UH
THE BASIC BRONZE BITCHES, OR "NYAGGERS" AS I LIKE TO CALL THEM, HAVE NO PLACE IN CHINESE TILE MATCHING GAMES

3/4

youtube.com/watch?v=mY0-pz86ExI

Want to play a game with me?

Attached: 03c95a3c32f5927decd6b98c3caf58c7.jpg (913x914, 168K)

nigger ask in /jp/ they have a mahjong general

I need to study the yaku

Attached: 1558242347345.png (240x240, 83K)

>nyaggers doing nyagger things
>have comfy lead
>a nyagger wins dora lottery dealer sanbaiman tsumo
>get luckshitted to 2nd
I mean 2nd isn't terrible but I was in the groove that match and that kinda spoiled the mood.

They're pretty easy since they break down into themes: having terminals/honors, not having terminals/honors, having one suit, having the same thing in three suits, or having the same thing twice. That covers most of them and half of them are just upgraded versions of other ones.

poor hag

Attached: 1557242287951.png (500x555, 170K)

>4th south
>me with 58k ~ points
>nyaggers have their nyagger score
>3 turn in a nyagger with sub 10k points riichis
> next nyagger deals into it
>1 han 40 fu

Attached: 1400578678_preview_XD.png (420x420, 441K)

The ura dora could be anything!

>opponent gets two 7-pairs in a row
FUCKING HOW

Interesting this should help me remember! I find myself too afraid to Pon/Chii so I end up losing a lot because of not knowing yaku, that or I just love the Riichi. Thanks user!

Attached: 1558125374029.png (640x464, 322K)

For me it's Mahjong Triple Wars

Attached: Mahjong Triple Wars Menu.png (720x540, 555K)

It seems like it would be, but it's really not that hard of a hand to make

elaborate. I'm trying to make one right now and I have 5 pairs already

Yeah, I used to have trouble with them but once I realized the logic behind them, they became easy, and I was even able to remember the value of them all. I think it's mostly the names that make them seem difficult.

>I find myself too afraid to Pon/Chii

That's a good thing. You lose so much potential han just by opening up your hand. Tsumo, Riichi, ippatsu, ura dora are all impossible. A lot of yaku which you can do open lose value too.

It's a trap hand. 90% of the time you get the five pairs and are then stuck the rest of the game waiting for that final pair to get to tenpai. Even when you get in tenpai, tanki waits suck. In the best case, you have 3 tiles left, where a ryanmen wait has 8 in the best case.

If you want advice, the trick is to not try to optimize your discard. Like "Oh, I drew the 1s, and I don't see any, I'll keep that and discard the 7m, since I see two of them already" because you will discard the fourth 7m your next turn 100% of the time.

It's easy, just look at

mahjongsoul.game.yo-star.com/?room=59262
Hanchan 5+10s

I got 4th, and I'm fucking livid

Attached: tianyamen square.png (513x433, 129K)

when playing irl I can barely form hands and always get shitty 2-4 han hands

online i consistently pull baimans
what the fuck is wrong with me?

The truth is, the game was rigged from the start.

game pampered you too much

stop playing east

shut up you cheating chink

probably because this game is a dora lottery and the game highlights the dora

>yfw you manage to cobble together a shit hand in the last round that gives you just enough points to push yourself ahead of the player above you

?????????

Attached: D7AYRMEU0AE3BJs.jpg (776x514, 99K)

Dont underestimate the fight for 3rd place user! The nyaggers are still trying!

Why did I even bother.

Attached: Screenshot_20190521-031942~2.png (2032x1387, 1.26M)

Classic case of nyagged.

Attached: ichihime-1b.png (240x240, 98K)

next one for sure!

Attached: 1522086573359.gif (666x666, 666K)

I want to eat mahjong tiles!

Attached: 1548330889184.jpg (1380x697, 83K)

When are they going to add a story mode, so we can see some saki tier yuri?

bro no...

Attached: 1.png (120x120, 11K)

yum

Attached: 87b7db327eed8a69f0203252d642ecc4.jpg (786x1044, 96K)

Mahjong tiles are cute!

Attached: Nigiri.jpg (1891x1080, 229K)

One needs a good bro for this. You can't really see the tiles of your opponents besides the toimen's. It's a 2 vs 2 game of huge team work.

A cheating chink here, please continue playing East only. Thanks for your patronage.

Attached: 1539959170676.png (186x267, 76K)

I already ground a bunch of that shit down to get 4 more and I still didn't get anything. I'm not even looking for a character, I just want some showboating for a Riichi, but fuck me I guess.

Attached: what the haku.jpg (500x375, 24K)

Just finished my first G Taste playthrough.
Pretty cool game, I recommend it. Probably good for practicing also.
When I do my second run and get the remaining scenes I'll probably turn them all into webms and post them here.

Attached: G Taste.png (360x270, 133K)

I thought you could just exchange for them

You need 50 pulls to get ONE(1) decoration via exchange.

y-yeah, 150 rolls including the f2p ones is a guaranteed character. Haha...

almost there

Attached: ichihime-0.png (240x240, 97K)

What geam

I'm pretty sure the game is on the post

What is your choice? I thought ice riichi is great but man it's so comical when someone steals the riichi tile and they place the second iced tile again awkwardly.

>can't exchange glasses for copper
useless

Look at this shit. Look at this stupid fucking bullshit.
Very first game in Gold and it's this fucking retarded.
Got Tsumod down to 10000 fucking points. Couldn't complete a fucking hand all game because my draws are literally pic related while they reach tenpai after their 6th draw.
Last hand I finally got lucky, could overtake 3rd place if I get a direct hit or some uradora. But of course I draw the tile myself and don't get any uradora.

Mahjong Soul Game Log: mahjongsoul.game.yo-star.com/?paipu=190521-392c892c-86bf-4fed-ab4e-7ae5d2a77a92_a925629420

Attached: sad.png (328x141, 54K)

majs*ul is rigged, just play tenhou lmao

>4th place south 4
>tsumo
>slightly less 4th place
this is gold

Attached: F1727146-383B-47AB-B240-AE1A3863E38B.jpg (600x338, 19K)

The game want you to go chitoi user. You just misread your flow.

Don't complain about losing when your tile efficiency is crap and you have zero defense.

It's a game of luck. Why are you so surprised?

Did the guy deal in sometime? Im too lazy to check.

A fucking Game Boy

I know I made some mistakes, especially in the early hands.
But what I'm complaining about is drawing 10 end tiles in a row.

What do you mean zero defense.

>top ranked player is a nyagger

Attached: 038.jpg (1305x1272, 169K)

adepto go homu

Attached: -100.jpg (903x635, 104K)

God it feels so fucking good when these retards that keep pushing their shitty tanyao only hands end up dealing into you.

Almost makes me think that there's justice in this game.

>third f2p scroll
>third blue gift
at least i am consistent

Attached: xwitch.png (560x653, 454K)

mahjongsoul.game.yo-star.com/?room=91883
South
2/4

You needlessly pushed heaps of dangerous tiles against riichi. In S1, you discarded 8s 3m 2m 8m against two riichis. In S1-1 you discarded 9p and 2s. In S1-2 it was 9p and 1p.

Just drinking your tea while watching the nyaggers ronning each other user and then strike them with your big dick hand

>+1000
>+2000
>+3000
Lots of fun

Attached: 1458185025962.png (431x512, 367K)

>Nostalgic Console
>Not a Console
>Not Nostalgic
I am being taken for a massive ruse cruise aren't I.
Because I'm getting really angry.

Lol imagine if you ate south wind and it gave you gas and you farted, it'd be ironic

I found the perfect article for you to improve your game dear anonsan.
osamuko.com/playing-a-good-game-and-losing/

How is it not a console

>a handheld isn't a console
Big think

You made a few mistakes here and there that's fine in silver but that you should work on in gold. But holy shit east 4 is a mess. You discarded the dora, kept the 1p for no reason whatsoever, collected way to many pairs, ruined a perfectly good shape (23m) and switched to horrible single tile waits. If played right, you could have had perfect mangan or haneman material right there.

You've dealt in twice. Also your efficiency is fucking trash. In the first hand, you've started discarding 79s then for some reason left 7 alone and started discarding 13s. Why would you expect to complete a hand when you're increasing your shanten yourself?

How about
>deal into mangan
???
>deal into haneman
???
>deal into yakuman
1km run
>finish 3rd
+5 to each exercise
>finish 4th
doubles your exercises
>pon
1 squat
>chii
1 jumping jack
>kan
sit on invisible chair for 10 seconds
>rank up
no more exercises today
>star up
no more exercises for 2 games
>star down
1.5x multiplier on everything
>rank down
2x multiplier on everything

Attached: gamer's body.png (676x576, 314K)

Attached: 526C5906-BF5A-485F-8FED-F36C9C972EEA.jpg (1920x1080, 204K)

This girl (male) is not very good at maajan

there is this entire vtuber tournament on 29th or something.

what this

On top of the last two comments, you should read this: dainachiba.github.io/RiichiBooks/
The part you want right now is about building 5 blocks of tiles and the efficiency of pairs.

twitter.com/mochi8hiyoko/status/1130034121147920384?s=20

lol

Attached: tsumo nya.jpg (1434x778, 191K)

That's why Silver East is always better.

>teddy XL
>6 blue gifts
It's good.

Strip mahjong at midnight

I never said I played a perfect game or that I made any mistakes.

I fucked that hand up pretty badly, was switching around too much.
But the 23m really wasn't a perfectly good shape considering the 1m was kanned and hardly any man tiles were being discarded so far.
I don't know why I didn't discard the 1p that was some weird autism shit. I immediatly knew I made a mistake but then I just dedicated to it.

Pretty sure they confirmed somewhere that a purple gift is guaranteed from 10x roll

Typical bloody nyagger with a garbage hand.

I'm not familiar with the wind kanji; which wind do you currently have 3 of?

>t-pose until round ends
good one

>15k lead
>round only has a few draws left
>someone in riichi
>decides to kan for absolutely no reason
>ron
>gets blasted by a tanyao with 3 doras from the kan
why can't people resist pressing the fucking kan button

Attached: why.jpg (1747x955, 443K)

This game has become way more fun for me after I switched my mindset from "gotta avoid that last place!" to "I just wanna grind some bond points"
I also want a voiced cat too, but I'm already way too far into hag's route.

Attached: Nikaidou_Miki-7.png (100x100, 20K)

why is it so hard to play
i dont know what im doing

Attached: ODkFxIo.png (256x293, 44K)

It's west, basically 4 doras, seat wind and red 5, haneman hand.

Because he's in tenpai with a dora and monster hand. gotta widen the gap, especially when it's still in East 2.

Attached: 9opojoj]poj.png (989x233, 266K)

Bloody nyagger did 100% based thing and defused the dora bomb for everynyan.

The important part is that if he discarded lone 7s instead of 1s out of 13 he'd end up with 13s waiting on 2s and would've won

>only need 100 points to finish second, All last
>nyagger in 4th with 4000 points makes a shit hand
>1 han
>nyagger finishes in 4th
I fucking hate chinks and gooks

just started watching it
>riichi
>kamicha kans
>gives her 3 extra dora
>gets ron'd
i guess japanese bronze is not all that different.

What's the deal with the concealed triplet yaku? My hand has been open from calling chii/pon but still has 3 concealed triplets so I get sanankou, but calling ron for suuankou counts as opening my hand, so I don't? How does the pair wait double yakuman work for that? Can you call ron for that one?

I don't understand 9 pin discard here, you just need to complete 2 sets. You should throw 7 man and then 9 man. 7 man first because it's more dangerous.

Attached: 9pin.jpg (1438x772, 176K)

>relying on a closed wait
>ever

Damn Aksman, that was a good ass suji trap at the end. I probably would have fell for it myself since I had decided to fold

gg

ron opening the ankou - closed pon - kills the ankou, but ron tanki is 100% legit

Yeah you rely on a closed wait when the choice is between a closed wait and reducing your shanten

and by reducing I mean increasing

that's just weird compared to the rest of the game. I don't understand the other side of the interaction for 3 concealed triplets and an open sequence, my hand should count as open for that and not have given me sanankou. Unless I'm remembering it wrong.

even with garbage luck in my first few games, south room is so much better it's not even funny
fuck east, never again

Attached: south.jpg (891x865, 143K)

only triplets need to be closed.
ron that finishes a triplet counts it as "open".
you can open your hand for sanankou as long as you have three other triplet melds that weren't revealed.
suuankou where you have two pairs waiting can only be finished by tsumo because of that.
suuankou tanki can be finished by ron because it isn't revealing any of your triplets, just that extra pair.

A lot of dangerous tiles against insane riichi with kan and red 5. Even without seeing his hand it should be clear that he has at least mangan with ura doras, possible haneman. You should play 200% safe here. Your hand is just 3 han trash. Honestly i don't want to watch further.

Attached: unnecessary risks.png (1436x758, 1.08M)

Amen. But it's still a miracle you have such a low deal in rate with 50% call rate. You'll lose a lot soon.

Well thanks for the extended clarification. I get it now, it's just a little weird considering calling normally opens your hands for all other intents and purposes.

Nothing weird bout it. Most yakuman get 2 han respect for their filed remains. Small Dragons get extra 2 han on top of the two yakuhai. Suuanko could be saved by redoing it into Sananko, 2 han. All honors/all terminals/windy bois have a Honroto worth 2 han as a back up. Only Kokushi doesn't get shit because it's a dumpster fire dance from the very beginning to the end.

50% isn't really that high, i also fold a lot and generally play safe.

The thought just flashed in my head that I might have been an idiot this entire time and misunderstood what counted as an open hand. I always thought Calling a single sequence/triplet changed the state of the hand to open so that concealed yaku were no longer valid, is that not the case? That's where my only real confusion was.

Is today the last day for glass rewards? Because i can't buy anything else with them.

Attached: event.png (701x346, 104K)

mahjongsoul.game.yo-star.com/?room=16914
South
2/4

reminder that nyaggers are all scum

Just think about it like this:
There's an open hand, there's a closed hand.
There are opened yakus, there are closed yakus.

But sadly using suji trap if you don't know level of your opponent is kind of meaningless

>show wife mahjong
>teach about tile efficiency and keeping hand closed, yaku, all the basic stuff
>she always wants me to play with her
>pon nya
>chii nya
>kan nya
>why are you doing that I explained why it’s a bad idea
>it’s more fun this way
>says ron nyaa to my face
Women were a mistake

That's fucking hilarious

Attached: . . ..png (698x581, 419K)

Attached: FBB39034-8CF6-4BDD-B9BC-639542B817F3.png (157x161, 16K)

I feel like I'm not asking the right question, let me try an example. Can I still get iipeikou if I meet the requirements within the remainder of a concealed hand after calling an unrelated sequence/triplet, or does the entire hand count as open now?

No, the hand must be concealed, entirely. You were right with your first interpretation.

t. things that didn't happen

No. You can get a closed yaku in your opened hand only if it's called "three closed triplets" as an exception to honor suuanko. Treat it as an exception if it's not logical for you.

I wonder if some of those fkmt fujos from 2010-12 etc are still around and if some of those still play riichi.

Alrighty, thanks. I may be stupid, but at least I'm not dumb.

well said

Attached: 129842894892.jpg (1900x1374, 1.03M)

>2hu mahjong
this

youtube.com/watch?v=Rra6SUQMiS8

I hope newly added characters will use the same spheres and gifts. The gacha is small but still is quite bloated with bullshit as it is.

There already is some gift overlap so I would expect that will be the case

>3 han trash
That could have easily turned into a dealer mangan had it been a few turn quicker.

i haven't won a silver hanchan in three days

Attached: nadeshiko-5b.png (240x240, 82K)

But you didn't lose either, right?

Attached: nadeshiko-1.png (240x240, 71K)

Literally 80% of the original Akagi manga is the game against Washizu wtf, I thought the anime would only be a glimpse at the series. Then this shit starts in like chapter 70 and never ever ends.

o-of course not, that would be really embarrassing haha

Attached: nadeshiko-6.png (240x240, 80K)

post room or this cat gets it

Attached: c91.jpg (567x437, 142K)

Attached: D7EV5ZIXkAA1JgW.webm (512x512, 25K)

Attached: D7EV5ZIXkAA1JgW.gif (512x512, 239K)

and it's not about mahjong even but more about the characters of akagi, washizu, also ohgi and yasuoka.

Washizu is the only one who could take down Akagi in his prime so it's fitting that the manga is all about that match.

dude dora lmao
unfortunately this baiman busted the other guy out and put me only in second place 400 points away from 1st ;_;

Attached: file.png (1459x835, 1.05M)

Anyone got that art of the nyagger surfing on a tile?

We need nyaggers for those sweet tanyaos, join

Majsoul Friends Room 72495(4-Player South): mahjongsoul.game.yo-star.com/?room=72495

Jesus christ what an annoying, ugly voice.
What use are you as a Vtuber if you're uncute, unentertaing and not even good at mahjong?

Attached: 1437339154705.png (1131x1080, 1.28M)

Attached: IMG_1780.jpg (937x1024, 102K)

>50% isn't really that high
Nigger the "proper" call rate is like 20%, what the fuck are you going?
Even call-oriented pros never go over 30%, you're just garbage at the game.

post stats

>"proper" call rate
>call-oriented pros
i've been playing for 2 weeks and i'm doing pretty well but alright man

Attached: 1555815520471.jpg (1018x911, 90K)

I'm going to get this used set for pretty cheap, the only concern I have is those yellow tiles, can that be cleaned up?

Attached: 156929031197789.jpg (270x480, 24K)

>match already started

Attached: 1550832678809.jpg (966x1024, 226K)

I would say between 30-40% call rate is idea but the fuck do i know.

>i've been playing for 2 weeks
Then why are you saying 50% isn't high?

Attached: 1523938083147.jpg (742x720, 52K)

nice

Without dissolving the filled in color? Hard to say. Worst case you could probably paint in the colors yourself pretty easily if it happens to dissolve.

What are mahjong tiles even made of?

these seem to be plastic

i'm not comparing myself to a pro, i'm comparing myself to people of the same level and 50% is probably average.
you might have had a point if my games were in the hundreds and i was expert 3 but it's pretty clear i'm not talking that level

Not him but you can't repair yellowed plastic. Organic white material yellows as it decays, you can't reverse or fix it.

anyone care telling me what game this is?

You can though. I've seen people restore yellowed computer cases to perfect condition.

The problem is I don't know if it would actually work for mahjong tiles and how it would effect the paint.

As long as he's willing to paint it himself I don't think it should be too much of a problem, especially if he can get the set for cheap.

Yaku Man

Asapin has 40% call rate on his tenhoui accounts

What the hell is the bottom row?

Attached: THMJ-081.jpg (1400x933, 621K)

Yes, and that on its own is so absurdly out of the norm that he gained notoriety for that alone.
Plus, if you look at the actual content of his calls, he uses them to cancel ippatsu, to negate draws and to kill tiles like 90% of the time.

If you have a 40% call rate you're not asapin, you're a bottom of the barrel garbage player.
Especially since none of the reasons for calls ASAPIN actually relies on have any use at this level of play.

Attached: JfKamxR.png (1051x371, 176K)

>call rate
>means shit
If you often make call that advances your hand and makes you win game, it's good. At same time, if you rarely make call but your hand can't move shit, it's bad. Stop reading any stat at face value, it doesn't mean anything without context.

I don't really consider covering up the problem with paint fixing it, but to each their own I guess. Yellowing like the one shown in the picture it almost certainly caused by UV damage so the organic molecules have decayed to a point that it can no longer be reversed. It is anyones guess how deep the damage is and how much of it would have to be sanded away to reach a non-discolored portion and even if you do it will not be even, and unless he is an expert craftsman there is no way he would be able to create a copy even close to the same quality as what he will either be covering up or sanding down.

left ones are akadora

Red doras mostly, but fuck knows on the right four.

It's good when you want to settle hands quickly and you can see the opponents build up something.
Fucking a yakuman with a 'all simple' 1000 point hand has saved me

Honestly if it's not too bad on the sides or the back to the point you can identify closed tiles I'm not gonna bother with that really, but if it's bad and unfixable I may try to find replacement pieces

I'm anxious about that tournament application.
From one point of view, I would be really let down if I don't make it into the 10 players quote; from the other point of view, I will most likely make a fool of myself, ending up 20th for everyone to see. I still want to participate ;_;

>Muh Asapin
There's not many things as noxious as asapin's existence when it comes to the attitude of newbies justifying their low level of play. They just see that "40%" and think it means Asapin chases open tanyao and yakuhai 40% of the time like a fucking retard.

I'm saying that whitening it may damage the paint, so he might have to paint it in himself afterward.
UV-yellowed plastic IS reversible with hydrogen peroxide and (ironically) UV light.
Look up retr0bright if you're interested.

Is it worth going through the trouble to test it on some cheap mahjong tiles? Fuck if I know, but it's a possible solution.

Why do you people worship that e-celeb shit so much? nobody cares about shitpin or whatever his name is.

What are you posting your stats for, bub?

Attached: ranked.jpg (700x344, 51K)

ggs

Meido bullied so hard

Attached: qshf9ox.jpg (1503x1008, 165K)

You realize they choose people based on rank right? If you're not at least top 50 I don't see you getting in.

absolutely destroyed

Attached: 1555685247205.gif (225x180, 269K)

>game disconnects
>when it comes back it's only to show me the road to the shadows realm
t-thanks

Attached: ichihime-2.png (240x240, 93K)

Juicy stat anonsan.

I like to believe you left willfully after getting double ron'd, admitting your defeat

I'm in top 5 actually, but after several losses in a row, I'm afraid I might tilt myself back into Expert3. Not to mention that those losses don't do much good to my overall confidence for the tournament.

Attached: 1522247415046.jpg (422x422, 65K)

Nice average hand score nerd
Maybe if you called more you'd make less shitty hands

Attached: firefox_2019-05-21_10-25-34.png (768x273, 113K)

now post your rank

If you're top 5 you're guaranteed to get in if you apply.

how in the fuck

5700, with minimal fluctuation, is the average hand score for pros, since winning often and fast is more important.
Your ranking average shows you are below par (since your 3rd and 4th place averages are higher than your combined 1st and 2nd), so you don't really have any right to speak on anything.

These threads also have people who have been playing for years, friend.
Be humble, and don't pretend you know anything about mahjong, when you've started playing last week.

Attached: Smile.jpg (486x358, 68K)

>it's another retard who thinks a high hand average is a show of skill
lmfao
You could google for 5 seconds and avoid making yourself look like a complete beginner

lmao why are you comparing yourself to pros when you couldn't even dab on bronze and silver trash? They're literally worse than ippan.

Attached: pon pon pon.png (469x514, 250K)

This week featured yakuman on Official CN Channel:
youtube.com/watch?v=jnxhmHxi2LI

well, Ippan is full of smurf and hit-and-run experienced player with no account.

>win the fourth Tanyao in a row
>everyone starts spamming emotes next round

>1st significantly higher than 2, with 2 lower than 3 and 4
Is there any clearer mark of a luckshitter that has yet to learn how to actually play? Asking for a friend.

Attached: 1499543179599.png (239x200, 17K)

Let the nyagger flow through you

Get lucky 35 games in a row.

Not really.
Expert 1 = 2 players.
Expert 2 = 2 players.
Expert 3 = 2 players.
Master 1 = 2 players.
Master 2 = 2 players.
Despite knowing there are more than 10 players on master+ they decided to make the minimum ranking expert 1 and they said they don't take into account the points or overall ranking in the server so my idea is that they are going to randomly pick 2 from each tier.
In this game luck is an important factor so it would be funny if luck determines who gets in and who doesn't.

Attached: nadeshiko-11.png (240x240, 70K)

it's very hard to win in bronze and silver

Attached: 1558372573547.jpg (540x540, 53K)

Well, the tournament itself is direct elimination instead of point averaging, so it's not like skill is going to enter into play at any point to begin with.
It's going to be a haipai and dora lottery for all 5 rounds, with a completely random player winning in the end by pure chance.

Attached: 1537276754564.jpg (170x170, 13K)

Red dora*4, then the Seasons. No idea what ruleset they're used for, but I know Cirno is winter.

Its funny how the suuanko tanki guy riichi and the one with normal suuanko isnt.

Don't blame luck when you have godawful efficiency.

Okay I've googled it for 10 minutes and haven't found anything about hands average or pro hands average.

>see kan
>call
>lose my yaku
I'M RETARDED

you are not the boss of me

Attached: 1558262635225.jpg (540x410, 82K)

also 7 dora lol

If your ippan is so great, why are you playing mahjong soul instead of tenhou?

Attached: 1535401556559.jpg (1128x984, 181K)

youtube.com/watch?v=ZQFpnEUC-VU
>3:14
that's some critical brain damage, but somehow game didn't want him to lose.

Now sit on invisible chair for 10 seconds.

jankenso.com/dataroom.asp?t=2
First page of results when looking for the same question.
The same page also tells you that the brackets gravitate towards the bottom of each range as you go up in rank.

But honestly I'm tired of this whole debacle.
Newbies are the loudest when it comes to protesting common sense.
You refuse to listen when told how to get better by more experienced players, you reject objective truths based on data, and when cornered, you all resort to "But muh ONE high rank player did this thing you said is wrong!", without even understanding why that is.
You don't even speak Japanese, which is required to access literally every source you need for learning outside of ONE guy's blog.

I won't bother you any longer with this.
Do whatever you want, you'll drop this game in a month or so anyway so you might as well have fun chasing yakumans while you're at it.

Attached: 1551598804578.png (760x839, 760K)

aren't you proud of me, i won my next game without calling a single tile just for you

Attached: Untitled.jpg (827x601, 108K)

It arrived. I feared they might be pretty small tiles, but beggars can't be choosers; only one I could find around here from a trusted seller.

Attached: mah.png (800x600, 870K)

Attached: ron nyaa intensifies .png (1388x769, 1.26M)

Wait, are you sure it works that way? The way I read this post on discord was more like 'based on the applications we've currently received, if we were to choose 10 highest out of them right now, the bottom one would be Expert-1'. I still think that if 10 masters apply, 10 masters would proceed to the tournament.

post rooms, local nyagger needs feeding.

Smaller than average? Standards are 1in x 3/4th in x 1.5 in roughly.

They are roughly 1.1 x 0.7 x 0.5 inches (28mm x 20mm x 14mm)

what do they taste like

3/4 South

Ah, the famous flower set

I have no idea what the fuck those flowers are.

Poiso-

You can force someone to draw extra 1~4 tiles depending on which one you use.

Obviously I don't speak japanese, this isn't /jp/ you know.
Im not the person who talked about pros and stuff so I don't care about that, you realize people can learn by playing and not just reading guides right? That's how people played games originally, my call rate is high but it's working at the lower tiers, is it gonna always work? Probably not, but i'll change when I feel the need to.
And thanks, I'll keep chasing my yakumans.

Are or are for? They give you more points in chinese mahjong.

All I know about flowers is if you get all 8 during a game, you win.

>You don't even speak Japanese, which is required to access literally every source you need for learning outside of ONE guy's blog.
Aren't you going too far friend? Not that guy but is it really a necessary to understand japanese in order to become good in riichi mahjong? Honestly i can't even learn english properly so japenese is far beyond my comprehension.

Attached: 1527379264060.jpg (1120x995, 169K)

Ok, thanks for clearing it out.

They are so tiny.

Attached: tile.png (700x541, 484K)

Your face looks familiar.

I'm pretty sure that they sent you tic tacs instead of a mahjong set.

Are the bots any good? I want to play but having every loss drop my points is making me afraid to play. Which in turn means I don't learn, making me lose when I actually do play, and the cycle continues.

better than bronze and probably on par with silver players

Bots are super strong and efficient. they'll double riichi and ippatsu tsumo your ass every time.

As coimputer program they control the flow of the game

Better than me then. I don't even know when to try for anything other than pinfu.

Guess they have good tile efficiency

Attached: 1544905384398.png (481x511, 182K)

Hmm this sounds like a 4 bot match will never ever end.

I guess I overestimate all the bronze players because I have trouble beating them but can win almost every normal bot game easily.

Now I only need friends to enjoy these tictacs with me.

When you were studying the yaku, I studied the studied the PONNYA. When you were trying pinfu, I mastered the CHIINYA. While you wasted your days at the closed hand at the pursuit of points, I cultivated OPEN HAND TANYAO. And now that you are dead last and you arent furiten, you have the audacity to come to me for help?

My tenhou account was deleted since I didn't play for 2 years

It's okay, you just need to play more and gain experience.

>chinese tiles
>arabic numerals
>that fugly haku

As you said beggars can't be choosers, at the very least those will teach you how to play without akadora cancer.

Attached: bb0.jpg (1273x922, 113K)

Yeah I hate that fucking shit haku. Good thing it came with 4 completely white replacement tiles so I could use them instead

>piece together a beautiful shape with several multiple sided waits and extremely easy to reach iishanten
>it actually comes through and I riichi
>still get ronned to a weaker wait several turns after I riichi by someone else's riichi
>get ronned every other time while im in riichi without fail in similar situations, not a single 4 tile or less wait, at least ryanmen too
I'm lucky this isn't fun when its every single game in ranked

Attached: f.jpg (1213x734, 242K)

Mahjong is truly the Stoic game.

3/4 South. 1 more

Where do you live dude I'll come by

when you win a hand in mahjong soul, what is the number of points on the screen where they display the number of han and fu? are those base points of your hand?

Finland

That's closer than I expected, Denmark here, I'll take a train someday, wait for me

nevermind, i got it

Shouldn't your chance to deal in be 1/4
Why does the game keep giving me tiles someone else is waiting on when I'm in iishanten.
Am I supposed to just fold every single time I don't get to tenpai in the first 7 draws?

Has mahjong been popular in scandinavia without me noticing all along?

Attached: 1483906497256.png (385x201, 44K)

Well I know there are mahjong tournaments in Denmark, but I've never participated in any

just got Ron'd 4 times in a row
want to die

Attached: Nadeshiko-m3.png (100x100, 7K)

I'm surprised it's not that big in finland, because everyone playes cardgames similar to it constantly so it would fit very well to a finnish household.
Only the 3 largest cities have listed online 1 or 2 places to play, others are very underground or non existant.

>opening hand is three tiles away from ryuuiisou
>someone calls kyuushu kyuuhai
FUUUUCK

Do they play riichi or some other variant? Might have to check now if there is someplace to play close to me here in Sweden.

Attached: 1542643930316.jpg (638x1024, 128K)

Actually there's an open tournament happening in Copenhagen very soon, you can check it out for yourself, there are already a lot of Swedish players.

uk.mahjong.dk/activities/dmint/2019/

Majsoul Friends Room 25793(4-Player South): mahjongsoul.game.yo-star.com/?room=25793

south standard

Attached: D6sgbgZU8AIZfLm.jpg (1012x1024, 352K)

Do they speak english or your scandies own secret language?

3/4

It's an international tournament so English is standard.

If you think you drew the tile someone is waiting for make it part of a meld or your pair. Being iishanten is not the same as being in tenpai after all, you can slow down your hand, 1000 points for noten is better than dealing into a mangan.

Attached: fujitakana-0.png (240x240, 84K)

lads i need to go from adept 2 to expert 1(+) FAST if i'm going to get into this tournament

how do i do this if im too lazy to finish reading riichi book 1

Need to get at least decent before I would even consider participating in a tournament, but it would be nice to just try it irl again.

I guess the starting investment to get a set is just too much. Everyone owns at least one deck of cards, so the barrier to entry is very low for cardgames

Also the chink characters on the tiles is most likely a massive turnoff for many.

>Am I supposed to just fold every single time I don't get to tenpai in the first 7 draws?
You said it as an exaggeration, but that's pretty much how high level players on Tenhou play.
The only way you can survive and reach those heights is by assuming everyone is in tenpai at the 7th discard and acting accordingly.

Attached: 1439114551240.jpg (302x225, 9K)

>the match in this room has started
JUST

Majsoul Friends Room 49894(4-Player South): mahjongsoul.game.yo-star.com/?room=49894

Look at that fucking sick room code, this is a room of hell and death for sure

room 49894
south standard rules

Attached: washizu uncontrollably larps as a sperm whale when akagi blows his bloody load at his bedside.png (711x533, 378K)

>tfw changed my waits
>both of my waits came to me immediately after the change
IT'S NOT FAIR

>meido fills the last slot

HAHAHAHAHAAHAHA TIME FOR DEATH

Attached: kuyashii.png (675x142, 35K)

If I'm in riichi for chiitoitsu and you tsumo a trash hand you better believe I'm sending your chinese ass to the shadow realm hag

>Waiting on nearly impossible tiles
>riichi anyway
>draw my wait next turn and win the dora lottery
It's nice being a luck fag

>play mahjong irl
>this one guy just won't stop taking a photo of his wins to share them on social media, discord or whatever

Attached: 1522874060908.png (722x720, 554K)

>ranked silver match
>3 moms vs cat
>cat gets triple ron on last tile
>-23000 points
>-120 lp
feelsfuckinggood.jpg

Attached: 8697137424113.png (1223x893, 514K)

I hate this game so much. I'm probably going to stop soon.
While being in riichi with perfectly good waits? If not, work on your defense. Otherwise, I know how that feels. Have a perfectly good wait and others win with weaker ones, ron you off when you riichi even when you play safe while building up to it or fold when it won't happen, get yakuhai'd 50 dora'd tsumo'd into negative

Attached: x.jpg (553x427, 45K)

>game ends in east 2 from meido busting somebody

I TOLD YOU DEATH

fuck you guys gangbanging me every time I get a good hand

I swear to god, everyone with Koromo avatar is unbelievably lucky 100% of the time with all the early riichi and haneman+ hands bullshit
Is she the true p2w character?

Quick game east only

mahjongsoul.game.yo-star.com/?room=79158

Attached: noten.png (1600x1150, 1.74M)

There's for generals

My draws kept going opposite of what I wanted, it can't be helped

2/4

I better fucking expect to see you post this in half the threads on Yea Forums right now.

I just checked what can be considered 3 generals on page 1 and you didn't post in any of them. Maybe if you hate Mahjong, you can just hide it and fuck off.

3/4

Majsoul Friends Room 43446(4-Player South): mahjongsoul.game.yo-star.com/?room=43446

Need 2 more

Attached: 1557453067279.png (1063x1056, 1.72M)

gee gee

Attached: 1544147481569.png (323x197, 64K)

Holy fucking shit that last round

What do I buy with the copper?

I did it Yea Forums

Attached: firefox_2019-05-21_13-14-16.png (566x406, 263K)

HOLD ME A SPOT

I knew exactly what the nyagger was waiting for, I just wanted to get it over with. I fucking ALWAYS draw people's winning tiles which I can't ever merge into my hand.

I gave up on smash and filtered it

You have to fold in that case. There's no other way. Even if you have 8 dora. You just have to laugh at the absurd unfairness of the game.

Can you drop back to Adept 2?

Does anyone know when the android app comes out?

yes

ggs

I CAN'T BELIEVE I LOST THIS

Attached: Screenshot_3.jpg (272x91, 9K)

GG

should have felt the flow of the game

Let me guess the kicker: You could've taken a one tile wait and would've won with it?

Don't you mean
PON KAN CHI!!!
FURI TEN TSUMO!!!!

No, right after I riichi, front player fed right player his chiitoitsu win waiting for Sha. I didn't even have a chance to draw. Didn't even have a chance to grab the 流れ

Not even smash, I see Lobotomy Corporation, Minecraft and Pokemon.

Oh the difference in going from 10k to negative -5k in 4th place in Silver 3 is only 10 points. It's still more worth it to go completely ham at that point than try to scrounge up any points with a shit hand quickly end the match and lessen the blow by single digits. Because you still lose around 90 to 100 points though, so not worth trying to end it quickly. This is so boring, I guess I'll just never riichi ever again and betatori my way to 3rd place and 2nd place over and over until gold. Clearly I'm not going to win by playing the game with high probabilities, good waits, defending while attacking well, and supposedly good decisions when everyone else can luckshit and call their way to easy hands. inb4 why don't you call because I always get fucked over when I do it and everyone else starts to throw 3 riichi sticks at me while I stay iishanten. Fuck this fucking game.
Yes.

Room is restarting as meido dabs on everybody again
Majsoul Friends Room 49894(4-Player South): mahjongsoul.game.yo-star.com/?room=49894

room 49894
south standard rules

Attached: spicy.png (1212x538, 592K)

GG. I hate winning shitty hands though. Had to do it to cancel out other players' hands.

>mfw the entire two matches

Attached: DZtUj50VMAI9_w4.jpg (471x579, 65K)

literally me

This is me trying to get out of Bronze 3.
Kill me.

noob game
two wind
60sec thinking time

Attached: 1459301295849.jpg (1280x960, 145K)

Consider rank as a measurement of skill rather than an achievement to work towards. If you chase numbers without thinking about how to improve your game, it's just going to get more oppressive when you move up to silver and gold rooms.

Still 3 spots left

room 49894
south standard rules

>Making your own room just for a 60s time limit
I'll just close mine then, seems like there's not much interest rn anyway

One more!

1 left in this room, other one is closed

Sorry i'm slightly tipsy

Regarding , perhaps there's some hope?.. *Espoir's horn bellows in the distance*

Attached: espoir.png (733x157, 47K)

If you can't escape Bronze/Silver, It's ALWAYS efficiency problem, not luck problem.

This ride is killing me

Attached: help.png (771x190, 56K)

>I'm really bad
>Novice for two weeks already
>but I'm having fun
Should I stop?

Stop what? Sucking?

Remove myself from the pool of shit players and quit the game

Why do you play? To impress anonymous strangers or have fun?

I don't really know. It's just become a habit to play a few games lately, similar to how people have a wank before sleep.

If you don't demand fast results, or going play irl any soon, I'd say pickle method is fine too. Learning by osmosis kinda deal.

wut

You sit and marinade in this environment without actively studying shit.

Not him, but I do not feel like I'm not learning anymore. And while I am still popping in for a game or two, the game certainly losing its luster.
At least when I got me ass blasted in the beginning every deal-in was a learning experience. Now I just play on a bad autopilot

Tonpoosens, not even once.

Attached: 1515609743725.jpg (540x359, 30K)

No there's definitely luck involved, that's wrong. It's not hard to coast by when all's normal. But you can get really unlucky at many points of the game with many lucky opponents for even dozens of games. It's very possible. If anything, not climbing is a defense problem, refusing to defend or simply not knowing how. It's so fucking boring though to climb like that but its the only way when luck is too strong.

it took me ages to get out of bronze too but my problem was impatience and getting tilted way too easily.
Once i got mad at one game it was just quick ride to the bottom with each following round.

That luck shouldn't matter at that level because literally everyone got their share of good/bad luck. Knowing basic efficiency alone will put you ahead of the other novices.

I marinade my cock in my ona while I play, that's my "pickle" method. In fact gonna do it right NOW. I will now

Attached: 74753614_p3.jpg (1668x2388, 1.35M)

Pretty hot

read this if you want to get better

Attached: 388AB1CF-86BA-4700-9C4A-1BF93D4B976B.png (1245x666, 1.32M)

Read the riichi book everybody posts all the time.

Riichi, ippatsu paipan

Mangan

No it does, seeing haneman 2 turn tsumos when you're dealer, ippatsu weak waits on other players with 2+ ura dora stealing your first place easily, and so much more I can't list everything. I know more than just basic efficiency, I know some of the intricacies of it, including when you should or shouldn't keep making efficient hands for example when certain dora come, certain shapes, cutting off 9 when you have 6, etc, how to defend, genbutsu, suji theory, kabe, reading basic discard pools to avoid certain hands (honitsu is very easy to avoid) and see when opponents are likely in tenpai even when they are open and only have one pon, making better than ryanmen waits, when to damaten, how to make more effective hands. None of it matters when you riichi for a 9 tile+ wait and someone rons you with their own riichi one turn later ippatsu.

Oh wow, they even made the worst girl look decent.

Attached: worst.png (228x584, 165K)

And yet you're still stuck in bronze?
Those kind of situations don't happen every time. And sometimes it also happens in your favor.
I have seen a lot of Adept players with awful efficiencies and all they did was blaming their luck when it's plain obvious to me why they never got in tenpai.

>it's another "winning tile for your yakuman is in the dead wall" episode

Attached: 1550601827405.jpg (1150x1080, 207K)

I'm IN
Now to play some games and WIN
No one will ever know whats happening while I'm playing.
I can't wait to riichi my ippatsu

Attached: 68631156_p4.jpg (1400x1400, 1.32M)

Thinking that's my last resort, so I'm on it. Just waiting on an opportunity to print it, easier on the eyes.

Attached: a.png (481x575, 241K)

Excuse me, but I want to get off.
LET ME OFF

Should I play South or East rounds in ranked? I prefer South but East has way more players

I wanna get off this ride too, but the carny on the controls is just laughing at me.

Attached: Screenshot_20190521-142337_1.jpg (914x267, 32K)

Bronze - > play east, who cares.
Silver and above - > only play south, east games are too much luck dependant.

Go with the best for your playstyle, obviously. It's just the Chinese players are mostly dragon triplet only shitters.

sorry, cat. the chuuren tsumo is mine

Attached: 1547827545056.jpg (800x600, 167K)

wroom?

Attached: how do you like my CAR.png (678x191, 54K)

East yields more EXP, doesn't waste your time and more fun.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Attached: novice.png (139x195, 19K)

Kill all nyaggers.

Attached: double kill.jpg (1674x927, 871K)

East steals more exp for bullshit reasons, waste my brain cells and ranked 3p mahjong can't get here soon enough for stupid fun.

Attached: miia.jpg (500x281, 17K)

>SORE PON

Attached: bleeding_from_the_ear.jpg (1390x680, 121K)

That's Yui though user, can't you see the butterfly?

Majsoul Friends Room 74607(4-Player South): mahjongsoul.game.yo-star.com/?room=74607

I meant from the sauce. The artist didn't only do Yui.
pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=74753614

Adept 3. I was steady to leave at around 30-40 games with some normal luck (both good and bad) and got hit with some bad luck for dozens of games that nearly never ended save for a few games which was enough to get me back to Adept 3 and then the bad luck started again. It never fucking ends. I'll just switch to East now if it's all coming down to luck. I don't have the patience anymore especially when shit goes south with lucky huge tsumos.

I'm pretty sure all of gacha characters are louder than the default ones, probably on purpose.

you can lower the volume in the settings

>not a single one of Nadeshiko
I guess my waifu is safe for now

>log in
>open new tab and go to Yea Forums
>think about playing but remember I am terrified of losing
>go back to Yea Forums and f5 for awhile
>go back to majsoul tab and remember that I am terrified of losing
>go back to Yea Forums and f5
>majsoul music plays in the background all day
>ad infinitum
Am I the only one?

The shrine maiden is objectively the most attractive girl of the cast, although I personally prefer my girls cuter. And funnier.

Attached: annoying cunt.jpg (931x397, 81K)

rude

Which city?

>not already playing East
don't listen to the memers here, East is fun

My buddy made this.

Attached: nyaggers.png (1024x768, 1.04M)

play sega MJ for that
very fun

Tampesteri

Attached: CHIIDALOOKATMEISHOUTSOMUCHTHEREFOREIMSUCHASTRONGANDINDEPENDENTWOMAN.png (904x425, 249K)

I want this drunkard just to spam this emote very time a nyagger rons for 1k and ruins my haneman

Attached: s.png (120x120, 10K)

Natea is wrong

>Game mocks me by giving me shit hands back to back so I have no way to climb back up
>Makes me suffer even more my reducing my points to nothing but 0

Just end my suffering already and end the game.

Attached: 1557077707853.jpg (100x100, 3K)

I used to be like that, but I somehow got over my fear. I realised that it's only a game and I can't really lose anything, I just need to try and have fun. There's no toxic chat or anything that could ruin the game, everyone just playes the game.
Play against bots for a while to dip your toes into the water, it helped me.

noob game
two wind
60sec thinking time

>Bronze
>Again
Yeah, real frightening.

>he doesn't play east
>he doesn't know when and how to fold
>he thinks east is all about luck

Attached: deal in.jpg (212x42, 3K)

I woudn't bother with the bots, try and play friendly games with Yea Forums instead.

I'd be IN too

Attached: getting a little flustered here.png (454x515, 443K)

Same user. I am exited the entire day to finally to get the time to play some and then I end up doing nothing.

I'm already in master and that comment still describes my days perfectly

The bots are a nice neutral playing field just to get some non competitive association, or Yea Forums screenshots.
I'd say first bots and then v, before going in ranked.

how do i play sega mj? can't figure out the way to login, is there some guide?

>ladder anxiety in 2019
just play
I bet you think if you don't get 1st place, you aren't having fun.
BUILDING A HAND IS FUN.
WINNING A CHEAP HAND IS FUN.
GETTING LUCKY TSUMO (SOMETIMES) IS FUN.
AVOIDING 4TH PLACE IS FUN.
MAHJONG IS FUN.

Attached: 1501888633962.jpg (848x480, 48K)

Dang, that's half the country away from me. I've had the chance to play mahjong with some fellows when they visit, but not much elsewhere offline.

sites.google.com/site/mjnetguide/home

What should you buy to get most dust?

Attached: buyi.png (1161x607, 651K)

what are some good sets to buy irl? Want to play with friends but I'm not sure where to buy

>Do this shit in a 5-10 second time window
I don't understand why they give you so little time in a game where you have to assess not only your place but your opponents' discards constantly

>filename is "monkey"

Attached: monkey.png (1262x714, 438K)

Don't spend coppers on shit. Climb the ladder, get at least to Gold ASAP, and play a lot - you'll need those coppers just to play unless you only earn 1st and 2nd places. By playing a lot you'll be getting chests with items, that's a much better ratio of converting coppers into dust.

I started smoking just to get that gambling den vibe, did I go too far?

>dust
feed them all to your cat/hag
dusting is a waste of exp
only get dust after you 5 bonds your waifu

Reading the situation faster comes with experience.

In what ways would a Kan help your opponents? I don't really understand.

>I bet you think if you don't get 1st place, you aren't having fun.
N-no yes

Two more!

None. Get them from winning in Silver Rooms and above instead. You need coppers for entering rooms that aren't Bronze.

>Spending coppers when you could get those items during the events and even more coppers.

Attached: newspaper.png (261x193, 6K)

I think this one is outdated because it doesn't match the official site.

Unironically FFXIV.

The "play for fun" excuse if for plebs that can't fucking get good. They lie to themselves that being mediocre is fine. Those types of people are the biggest losers in life. They never achieve anything and because they're worthless, they chant their slogan not only to convince themselves but to sucker in would-be achievers down into the mud. Don't spout that shit again. Always strive to be better.

Would be more fun if the game didn't go through the effort of showing me my lost progress. I didn't care about losses before, but now the only thing I can think of is the goddamn progress bar decreasing.

>Haven't got RONNED in 20 games
I'm coming Akagi

Attached: 1539202996926.png (464x325, 36K)

you're going to max bond just by playing before you get 10 wishing stones f2p

There's mahjong in 14?

True loser is the one who can't have fun.

Attached: 1557250077339.jpg (771x776, 316K)

There are 4 players who will most likely win an individual hand in approximately equal proportions on average, 25% of the time each. A kan only helps the person who wins the round, so all else being equal it will help you 25% of the time and your opponents 75% of the time. Obviously it's different though if you think you are ahead and are very likely to win, then you should do it because it will hopefully increase the value of your hand with more dora.

>avoiding 4th place is fun
Yes I agree, that's why I'm scared.

The problem with east is that you can never deal in and still end up dead last because slightly shitty luck and fast calls from the other players.

Yes, it's the only reason I'm subbed.

Yes, lesbians don't smoke

Yeah, its in the golden saucer.

>haven't got ronned in 20 games
>all these 4th places
I'm coming Urabe

Attached: 98.jpg (749x428, 36K)

But if you max bond early, that max bond will give you gifts after 1000 bond exp, which will give you even more dust in long term.

It lets them have more dora possibilities.

What kinda gifts you get from that? Green or blue?

Not that user but the idea of striving to be better is how people make progress. There are struggles, but to convince yourself that you did your best means you're giving up on being better.

That won't always happen.
If that happens, then tough luck. move on and queue another game.
And most wins will be Ron anyway since most people are shit at defending.
All you need to do is get good at defending and you're good.

You get better by learning from your mistakes, you make mistakes by having fun.

Generic blue heart item that gives 1000xp to any character and dusts into 5 dust.

It's fucking gacha mahjong on the internet. You aint going to a huge fucking tournament and get paid 600000 bucks a month. Who the fuck cares about progress here. Have fun and take your head out of your ass.

stop being such a pussy and you might win

I've actually been waiting for something like this. Though I was thinking more along the lines of whatever place you end in is your fitness punishment.

It's quite the opposite my man. You should kan when you're BEHIND in terms of points. You don't really gain anything from a better lead, instead any riichi nomi hand can have 2 more chances to turn a pon into dora 3. Kanning when you're ahead is a dumb move 90% of the time.

>to convince yourself that you did your best means you're giving up on being better.
So? I don't care about winning or getting better, I just play the game and 99% of the time just wing it. I'm might be a loser, but I don't mind.

If you played more than 30 then I'd be impressed because that deal in rate with very little gameplay means shit.

It's time for me to deal into your hands

Majsoul Friends Room 84312(4-Player South): mahjongsoul.game.yo-star.com/?room=84312

Attached: riichi.png (813x451, 154K)

>It's another "newbie gets cocky after getting lucky during his first month of mahjong" episode
It's all so tiring.

Attached: 1542437098095.png (449x414, 213K)

You'd be surprised how many people play competitive games without any intent on winning, just playing for fun is enough.
Not mahjong but LoL has a mastery points system that gives you points for playing the game, no matter if you win or lose and big surprise, pretty much everyone who has the most points on any character is also bad at the game.

Is it okay for literal retards to join these rooms or do you guys expect a certain level of skill/knowledge

Attached: Ichihime-4.png (100x100, 21K)

But I won a lot.
Being careful is the key to this game.

The music is jamming though

Attached: 1348861372757.gif (450x253, 1.71M)

word
both of the riichi BGMs are unbearable

t. 20% deal-in rate dude

Attached: here.jpg (727x202, 37K)

Considering I'm the retard host you should be pretty well off

Don't worry about it, just join.

Doesn't matter. The only one who knows you're in furiten is you.

Thank you for the game.

I don't know if I agree with your assessment. Sure, a kan is more likely to help someone else more than you. That's why you don't call kan when you are ahead.

Isn't kan actually a comeback tactic when you need to score an upset and you got a shit hand/need big bucks. There are basically no risks to calling a kan from behind, as the potential increase in han is more likely to benefit players with low scores than the players already ahead.

GGs
NP sorry I have to go back to waging now

It's weird. I can enter SEGA mj from pc but can't from phone. It says something about my country when i try to download apk.

and people who look at replays after the game.
i use Yea Forums friendlies to unwind and do dumb shit i wouldn't try in rankeds though so anyone watching these would get a fucking stroke.

It can still let one of those low score players pass you. Unless you're last, then fuck it.

use Qooapp

Are the syringes included ?

Someone teach me how to achieve the zen mindset required to not chimp out in a fit of rage every time I get to 199/200 in Novice 3 and then take last place due to dealing into a 7 wait 7 pair hand or something. It keeps happening and I feel stuck. But I can't bring myself to just enjoy the game instead of obsessing over rank.

Plenty of games are region locked from the main mobile store fronts. You'll have to download the apk from some website or other service.

You don't win every hand my man. It's just a game. Calm down and keep playing. if you lose your head during the game, you lose all possibility of coming back. If other players are getting luckier than you there is nothing you can do. Just keep playing and eventually the flow will come back, provided you have the skill to pull it towards you

it's just a game. chill

I honestly wish there were an option to just disable the rank progress indicator between games. I have this problem in every game with ranking systems, never in games with casual modes.
Sometimes I wonder if I should see a therapist about it or if they'd laugh me out of their office.

dont fall for the physical mahjong meme guys. cant say for sure whats more of a pain in the ass, setting up the game or counting those unholy fu. mahjong was meant to be played online.

Just use a paper cheat sheet for fu.
Setting up the game is fun, mixing the tiles is prime time for mid-round bantz. And you can do some lighthearted ribbing towards that one poor bastard who can't lift his stack in one go when building his wall.

counting fu isn't so bad. counting fu while building your hand, not dealing in is annoying

Ain't these characters from Bastard! ?

Sorry, I wasn't clear. I meant you should call Kan when you are likely to win the round, the individual hand, not talking about the whole game. If you think you're ahead of your opponents in terms of your hand completion, and are about to declare riichi or something, that's when you should kan. That's when you're likely to win the hand, so it's likely to benefit you.
You're right that there's more benefit to it when you're behind in points too, since you have more to gain and less to lose.

There's regularly euro tournaments, you should try registering you to EMA and maybe we'll met someday.

my biggest problem would be to find 3 people that are willing to learn Rwandan rummy.

How do I get my normie friends into mahjong?

Attached: fujitakana-6.png (240x240, 82K)

How do I stop being a lucklet? I'm not blaming all of my losses on luck of course, I know I'm just kind of bad too, but it honestly feels out of my hands when some guy riichis on his 2nd discard and gets an ippatsu tsumo, or if some guy is on a hell wait for a valueless wind and I deal in after drawing it.

>if you look at the actual content of his calls, he uses them to cancel ippatsu, to negate draws and to kill tiles like 90% of the time
I thought flow control wasn't real.

Unironically watch Akagi with them the next time you hang out

You're late, this was made at least two weeks ago.

Attached: 1557092172998.jpg (1244x424, 395K)

I'm talking about people with a healthy sex life here.They are normies, they don't watch anime.

Asshole, building the wall and manipulating the tiles is the best feeling in the world.

>being friends with normies
Yikes. What makes you think they'd have any hope of getting into the most weeb boardgame in existence?

Close your hand and open your mind. Victory is something you will soon find.
Tanyao and yakuhai might be enticing, but poning and chii-ing for 1000 will sting.
Riichi, ippeikou, or even a pinfu. Ignore the yakuman they're impossible for you
Always play south and never play east because luck is the biggest factor and skill is the least.
Don't be a nyagger, play as the hag else you might look like a gigantic fucking fag.

>the most weeb boardgame in existence
Kingdom Death

>single player mahjong games with cute girls?
it's a no one answers the OP question episode

In terms of weebness
Shogi > Go > Mahjong

>I bet you think if you don't get 1st place, you aren't having fun
This is literally me. I never got the "avoid 4th place" mentality. Aiming for second or third is just way too uncool.

Attached: 1517856194364.jpg (1280x720, 495K)

But those aren't "flow".
Calling right after someone's riichi is actually a pretty standard move if you have a safe tile to burn for it, just like calling pon to make someone "skip" a turn (esp. if they're dealer) if a tsumo by them would be disastrous.

Any rooms open?