What is it that made Animal Crossing so popular?

What is it that made Animal Crossing so popular?

Attached: download.gif (500x385, 2.37M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Dlx9Kqg7u4Y
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

They are fine enough games, but they are lowkey the Nintendo series fueled most by Nostalgia

Bob

Attached: c36426ef2e2cafe2e22ca6b4267b79d1.png (529x587, 126K)

There really was nothing like it on consoles before, and it really isn't comparable to the Sims. The absolute closest thing to it before was Harvest Moon, but Harvest Moon has a sense of urgency that Animal Crossing does not.

A dog that plays guitar, an owl that runs a museum with his niece, another dog in a cardigan, and a dumb fucking mole.

Attached: poopoo.png (373x397, 98K)

You tell me

Attached: 1397520016844.jpg (496x701, 339K)

It was really relaxing and had an aesthetic that was both cute but not overly so. Great game for down-to-Earth escapism

autism disguised as comfy

>Zoomers think Isabelle had anything to do with it
Animal Crossing was popular before your shitty waifu was added.

Its 100% purely because of the cute animals we all secretly wanted to fuck as a kid.

The series would be nowhere near as popular if it were People Crossing.

SeeProbably a Sable fucker in denial.

Who do people compare AC and HM? They're nothing alike. I had a friend who refused to play HM, claiming it was an AC ripoff. One's a life sim while the other is a playable farming anime.

Roger, why are you posting on Yea Forums? Tell Josh to stop being a dick.

>Sable
Don't insult me, user. I'm a Francine fucker.

Comfy collecthaton that can be played with friends and that everyone can play.

These games are boring as fuck. My dick is out through my briefs hole

Is there a word for a "waifu/husubando that you don't want to fuck but just want to be good friends with?" If so, that's me and Tom Nook.

It was comfy, relaxing, and since I was a kid it showed some freedom and independence that I could never get in life as a kid.

Good friend

Gamecube had no games.

youtube.com/watch?v=Dlx9Kqg7u4Y

This also helped. The other games have good music but the Gamecube music was fucking 11/10 and really set the mood.

I played New Leaf for a while but got a bit bored. It was okay, but having to spend an hour every day on it wore me out.
Should I get the GC version?

All the games are like that

I don't think the original will change your opinion much. The core fundamental gameplay loop is basically the same as new leaf. It has some charming events and items that never returned to later entries but I don't think it will sway you into liking the franchise.