2019... I am forgotten

2019... I am forgotten

Attached: stadia.jpg (758x426, 20K)

Google can go fuck themselves

why?

will they be on e3?

The entire point of streaming is to be the ultimate DRM. They literally want you to keep paying forever to keep playing your games. And if they ever decide they want to delete an exclusive game off the face of the planet, they can do it and there's nothing you can do about it. Not to mention it's shitty for third party devs too. It's shitty for just about everyone except the company that owns the service.

How is it bad for the game devs? Wont it make them more money since it allows access to more people?

its fine if you hate owning things you pay for and would like a bigger live services dick in your ass

i would like to own my own games obviously, but im asking about the devs

>im asking about the devs
fuck those guys

good

I bet you got a steam account

until steam actually fucks over its userbase these posts will never be an argument

meanwhile we already have plenty of examples of software as a service being used to rip off the customer

It's too early. The internet needs to be censored and restricted for this to be successful because only then, Google will have the power with its own infrastructure to force this model onto humanity.

You can still play what you "own" on Steam, even if they're pulled. And that's not the case with streaming. You literally have no ownership whatsoever.

And rn there's no reason to think Steam is going to suddenly shut down.

Attached: AIDS.png (1600x900, 314K)

i retain a copy of my license through steam, you own fucking nothing with streamed games

good

>this happened
Lmao, what were they thinking?

Steam is infinitely better than this. With Steam, you still have the executable, so crackers can remove the DRM and it will be available for everyone to play forever. There is literally no way to do this with this googleshit.

winnie the pooh

>The entire point of streaming is to be the ultimate DRM.

In which case it'll be fine for large-scale MMOs, where split second reflexes aren't a huge deal, and the ability to run everything in one datacentre, rather than across a number of simulations distributed over a wide area means things like sharding become totally unnecessary.

Everyone decries shit like this as though it's going to completely replace physical copies, or individual licenses overnight, but it won't; if people like owning their games then services like Stadia will need to find their niche.

Services like this will eventually replace home consoles and PCs because the network infrastructure will one day support the kind of higher quality images that customers will demand, but the breakdown of Moore's Law will make unaffordable to enough individuals that the economies of scale no longer exist to support a traditional console and PC market, and we'll all end up streaming on our cell phones.

They were trying to follow PS Now's astounding success.