Will they throw her a bone this E3?

will they throw her a bone this E3?

Attached: 0acbb3824379b68b81015952a1f3eeb7.jpg (840x1289, 260K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=llZRpMYdCLQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Confirmation for Prime Trilogy is only a matter of time. Prime 4 probably won't be shown until next year at best.

Just give me the HD trilogy and I'm happy.

Attached: 354.gif (500x500, 1.62M)

She'll feature in the Doomguy trailer for Smash

>tfw dread is dead for a second time

Yeah, in some spin-off game, maybe. I guess you missed the news where they cancelled the entire MP4 project and are re-doing it from scratch at Retro Studio only about 2 months ago. Lol.

>Prime trilogy
>New 2D Metroid from Mercurysteam
Imagine.

no_

>New 2D Metroid from Mercurysteam
when will this company fuck off for good
LoS trilogy is literally one of the worst of all time

>he didn't enjoy Samus Returns
They're shit unless they have proper direction.

Attached: samus2.png (563x282, 90K)

Just like Retro

>her
user...

In my dream world the reason they supposedly held back Prime Trilogy HD is to make it a combined collection of the major 2D Metroids along with it.

Super Metroid, Fusion, Zero Mission, Prime 1, 2 and 3 all in one package on Switch.

Attached: pf3t47m4vw311.png (1600x900, 901K)

(You)

that cape is still very very stupid
she's the last person who'd need a cape

I swear a lot of Metroid fans like to pretend Nintendo has forgotten about the property but the franchise just got a 2D game,a spinoff game and a new 3D game on the way. Now the F zero and punch out boys are the truly oppressed minority

>CRUNCH
I hate when comics ruin great panels with these

No, they released a 2D Metroid in the last few years so we still have a few years to go until the next one, and Prime 4 is in development hell

By putting MP4 back in Retro's hands (rightfully so), we got some confirmation that they're wrapping up their other project at least. So we may not see Metroid Prime 4 for a long while but at least we'll get to see Retro's other game, perhaps even at this e3 to make up for the wait.

>a development team won't produce good focused content without a competent director
Color me surprised, user. Speaking of which, who directed the HD Donkey Kong Country games?

this will kill moviebob

>2 years and still no super metroid or any SNES games on Switch

Is there any info of what Retro has being working on all this years? But yeah, I'm glad to see Metroid in their hands again

Attached: 4526540715851776_n.jpg (480x480, 66K)

>Mercurysteam
I'd rather have a good game thanks.
The only reason people praise SR is because it had been over a decade since the last official 2D Metroid. The second you put it next to any other game in the franchise, or even the genre it completely falls apart.

>Is there any info of what Retro has being working on all this years?
all we have is reggie's farewell picture

Attached: reggie.jpg (884x624, 73K)

wtf? whats up if that hand? Who does it belong to?

Attached: hand.jpg (299x400, 28K)

me

me going for mario's plump ass cheeks

it's a gift from Retro showing all the games they worked on, so that hand belongs to the new IP
the mario figure is placed there on purpose, IT HAS to be revealed this E3
Nintendo already gave away so much in that Feb direct

Samus Returns isn't even two years old yet, give it a bit

3, 4, 1, Pr1, Pr2, Pr3

oh.

Mario's anal voring some poor robot

since Prime 4 development has only recently been restarted there very likely won't be anything to show regarding that game, but I suppose they maybe finally revealing that Prime Trilogy remaster and talk abit about a new Metroid sidescroller that finally takes the story and continues where Fusion finished

It's awkward, but it's also the most realistic as well as the most notable set of games.

Metroid 2, in either form, is not as historically relevant as Super, Fusion or Zero. I guess they include the GB release of Metroid 2 though relatively easily if they were to be including GBA games.

What's with the robe?

>will they throw her a bone this E3?

what do you think

Attached: 1558379627607.jpg (840x1289, 406K)

he looks like a children's mascot though I thought retro was meant for games for the older audience

>had to announce that they had to scrap the whole project and start fresh

brah

user, DK is based but he's definitely what could be described as a children's mascot

DK games were definitely made with the audience who played the original trilogy growing up. In my opinion, at least. You're right though. I think the DK games have always been pretty appealing to all ages.

audience in mind*

Why bother leaving out Samus Returns? It's not like its going to eat into its non-existent 3DS sales.

because anyone would rather have GB II

Yes, Metroid 5

Why not both? And the NES original while we're at it. There aren't enough main Metroid games for it to be worth leaving any out.

I couldn't call Fusion or Zero Mission more "historically relevant" than any other random Metroid game.

Fuck no. Metroid is dead.

Why they do this?

Attached: 1557933204027.jpg (1080x1080, 126K)

F and ZM mark the point where the series actually felt good to play

That was Super Metroid

y dose metriod need caep

If they make the next one it will be the first time in a very long time that Metroid will have the same developer twice in a row. So hopefully being able to look back on their mistakes and getting to make an original scenario this time means that their second game will be more interesting. I would have preferred to see what R&D-1's vision of a post-Fusion game would have looked like but that ship sailed a long time ago.

Prime 1 gave people an unrealistic expectation that any dev that works on the series should hit a home run on their first try, without realizing that Retro got a lot of second chances during Prime 1's development that aren't normal. Zero Mission couldn't have happened without Fusion. Super Metroid couldn't have happened without Metroid 1.

Nah

I love Super but god no

This

When will you two get hit by a truck?

I'm willing to bet that, even though they claim development hadn't started, they had Samus's design ready to go.
So I'd bet a small sum of money on some 30 second cinematic teaser panning up Samus in her armor, fiddling with her arm cannon before looking at the camera and then showing the logo.

Can't have boys enjoying big boobs user, that's misogynist :^) They need to enjoy big asses, because any girl can eat too much and get a big ass.

R&D1 never left Metroid, idiot. They became SPD1, and from there became EPD No. 7 and they collaborated with MercurySteam to make Metroid Samus Returns.

im ok with the tit nerf, but what they did to her ass is disgusting. its almost hank hill tier.

Who cares, this is a Metroid thread, keep that Smash shit out of here.

Do you want another Broken Chief Collection?

Why does she have boobs on her shoulders lol

A trilogy port is all I really want in the way of announcements from Nintendo this E3

Yes they still exist but after all the restructurings and staff members retiring they no longer have the manpower to make a game without collaborating with another developer, which comes with a lot of issues.

with gyro controls
I don't care how much it breaks the games, this needs to exist

They weren't even the same team when they made Fusion, the team that made Metroid, Metroid II, and Super Metroid were long gone by Metroid Fusion, the new team was the Wario Land 4 team.

>Big ass temperature controlled suit shielding her from the sun and from the elements

>wearing a cape over it like some kind of Muslim nomad

Lolwut

Seems to me Metroid is still alive.

I assume it's to keep the sand out of it

I feel fairly confident Retro's new IP and Prime trilogy get unveiled this E3
Nintendo have nothing else new up their sleeves game-wise for this year or 2020

You know Nintendo always have a surprise on them, I can see Metroid 5 being announced for 2020, they haven't been doing a good job hiding it.

I know that and I wanted that Wario Land 4 team to go post-Fusion right away which obviously isn't an option anymore.

That hand looks really familiar

With the direction they were going, I was worried about the future of Metroid in their hands, plus Sakamoto was still directing.

It just looks like a generic robot hand, it's kind of difficult to figure out what it's supposed to be because of that.

Didn't they hard restart development of her game only a couple months ago?

Metroid Prime 4 is just one game out of a possible three that are probably on the way, along with Metroid 5 and a Switch release of Metroid Prime Trilogy. Obviously Prime 4 is out of the question for the moment, but either of the other two could be shown at E3.

This

even Retro's new IP counts as a win

>Will they throw her a bone this E3?
There's a 50/50 chance, depending on what we'll get.
Prime Trilogy isn't really a "matter of time," for that matter. It'll be more of a consolation prize for having to wait longer for Prime 4, if we should not get any details at E3.

Metroid 5 seems like it's taking some things from Prometheus with the return of the Chozo. What was Alien Covenant about?

>That was Super Metroid
Super Metroid heralded what it meant to play a 2D Metroid, paving the way for Fusion and Zero Mission.
If you don't like either of those but like Super, then you're out of touch with where those games drew their inspiration from.

Super is still real stiff and cumbersome in movement and button layout
shoulder button aiming and missile-toggling revolutionized how to play this series

I like the game but prefer the way Samus handled and played in Fusion at least.

Why is Metroid Prime wearing a cape? Anyway I don’t think he’ll be more popular than Master Chief, he’s just a dumb copy.

user, that's Ridley St. John

Who? The guy in the suit? It says right on the box “Metroid Prime”.
That means it’s his game

strap in boys

Attached: splash screen.png (1280x720, 2.66M)

>Metroid 5 seems like it's taking some things from Prometheus with the return of the Chozo
Can't wait for the Proto Metroids

Nice, Metroids needs some new forms.

I'd like to see the SR388 forms again too, the redesigns in SR were great

I really want to see his Prime 4 design

Attached: FirstSipOfTheDay.png (600x600, 367K)

I agree, give us the old and the new, what if there was a Metroid King?

Why do people still watch e3?

For Nintendo and Microsoft announcements.

I think Sylux would look great if his visor was more akin to Boba Fett's like in pic related. I can't help but imagine how bizarre his point of view must look.

Attached: BobaFett.jpg (467x879, 43K)

>I can't help but imagine how bizarre his point of view must look
Imagine no longer

Attached: 2844-6-1.jpg (256x384, 153K)

maybe this?
youtube.com/watch?v=llZRpMYdCLQ

Attached: 1543446937768.png (950x800, 1.58M)

Wtf is that hand?

This was a nonsensical but cute pairing while it lasted

>throw her a bone

You already got one game with another on the way.

Attached: 1529189137805.png (803x2080, 661K)

▲▲

>Metroid 5: Guardians

Attached: stupid cloak.jpg (466x466, 20K)

Don't need to imagine, Sakamoto basically said he and MS are making Dread for the switch.

Just got the Prime trilogy bros. What am I in for?

This

Samus kicking cancer's butt

An amazing game, a game you'll be glad to beat but never want to touch again, and an alright game.

>January was 2 months ago

Not to mention the decision was most likely made at least a few weeks before it was announced.