Obvious alt Smash costumes

>Pikachu didn't get a detective hat 'costume' in Ultimate
Why does Sakurai skip so many obvious alternate costumes/hats/etc for characters? It would plug the 3DS game and the movie. I know 'Detective' Pikachu is a separate character but a hat's just a hat.

People always say that Link is missing something as well, or Samus is missing a color scheme for a different suit. Why does he keep doing this? It took him how many games to give Mario an actual different outfit.

Attached: detectivepikachu.jpg (1280x720, 64K)

how many layers of shitposting are you on exactly?

At least three dozen.

The DP game is not that famous, and I doubt Sakurai cares about a western movie for kids

lord ike
vanguard ike
black and white wario, which is really stupid because he had it in brawl.

Attached: large.jpg (540x486, 104K)

i guess Smash is for big boys then
He fucked up

Link should have had some of his BotW armor sets as alts.

Attached: 1553972814926.jpg (600x785, 106K)

>It took him how many games to give Mario an actual different outfit.

One of those said outfits ended up replacing one of the most iconic video game palette swaps of all time (Fire Mario). The purple Waluigi alt should have been the one to go over it.

I'm so glad they didn't add that stupid Gerudo outfit as a costume. Every ironic weeb shitter in quickplay would be using it

They should have added the male Gerudo armor just to fuck with them.

Every character should go full alts, unless they don't have enough costumes in their entire history to make eight.

Attached: princess_zelda_wallpaper_by_isaacnoeliscutie-davbt43.png (1006x471, 987K)

It is really strange. He doesn’t want to remove old colors for the fans of those costumes, but he also doesn’t want to go above 8 costumes for any character, despite many referential costumes would be appreciated more than the old ones. At the same time he decides to replace one of Mario’s best color alts (Fire Mario) with Wedding Mario

joker should have had these as alt costumes instead of the school uniforms.

Attached: CA5B3A81-6588-4840-B5DE-66A7079A983B.png (319x177, 62K)

Attached: 1fd8ab9e30cf20645f72344968cf5ea1.jpg (461x350, 44K)

>no Twilight Princess Ganondorf (I don't like the design but it would've been piss easy to just forwardport the Smash 4 Dorf model and make half his costumes that)
>no Hilda themed recolor for Zelda
>no Fire Mario
>no Fusion Suit for Samus (it'd be perfect as an alt since it's the one alt suit with multiple canon recolors)
>Link's recolors being trash in general
>no Kafei, Fierce Deity, or Happy Mask Salesman themed recolors for Young Link (also him losing his regular Melee black tunic in favor of yet another goddamn edgy Dark Link recolor is gay as fuck too)
>no Classic/Melee Roy when Ike got his Classic PoR design back
>no green backpack Pichu
>no Shadow Queen themed recolor for Peach (instead she has that shitty and extremely amateur looking black and yellow recolor)
>no Pac-Land pimp hat Pac-Man (if he's gonna be shafted with the shitty stage he should've at least also had the costume to go with it)
>no Arrangement Green Pac-Man
>shitty weapon recolors in general for Mega Man
>Mario having a Waluigi recolor (fucking why)
>Luigi not having his companion NES Open Golf costume to Mario's (it's so incredibly easy to make too)
>no Fake Trevor themed green recolor for Simon
>no purple F-Zero X-based semi alt for Captain Falcon (basically: no flappy scarf, only one-layer shoulder pad, and no kneepads)

Attached: 350px-MP2_Luigi.png (350x287, 145K)

Attached: 17074.png (934x553, 95K)

Attached: 6aom82t12wl01.jpg (740x340, 57K)

>why didn't Sakurai put in a costume of a pikachu that appeared in a game nobody played
I have no idea

But Ike has his Radiant Dawn costume.

The detective pikachu hat would be much more appreciated than the fucking wizard hat

>also him losing his regular Melee black tunic in favor of yet another goddamn edgy Dark Link recolor is gay as fuck too

I never realized how much I wanted that black tunic back.

GOOD MOOOOOOOORNING Yea Forums! Just wanted to remind you that we’re another day closer to Spurdo Spärde (yes, THE Spurdo Spärde from Finland) getting confirmed in Smash Ultimate! Make sure to save your tears for the upcoming Fighter Pass when Spurdo Spärde walks into the spotlight! :DDDDD

>H-HAH! VIRGINBEN SAID THE TOPDOWN WASN’T JONNE'S AWAKENING! HE WAS FINALLY WRONG! SPURDO SPÄRDE ISN’T IN SMASH!!!!!
“No!” :DDDD

Yikes! That’s a large assumption. How can one “questionable” prediction instantly invalidate a history of success? Unlike your “Grinch leak” Banjocucks, Spurdo Spärde has a lot more distribution among other leakers. Ever heard of Hitagi, 7chan, and 5channel? And while you’re busy obsessing over Vergeben, care to explain how the topdown remake Vergeben predicted was exactly the title he said wouldn’t be featured? Seems a bit suspicious if you ask me, but feel free to continue your denial. Your tears of disappointment will be all the more sweeter! :DDDD

Piss yourself

ITS A PARTY HAT YOU FUCK!

Doesn't Tekken have a thing where you can change the character's color schemes? Just put that in Smash.

>Pit and Dark Pit have alts of each other for some reason

>You thought you were fighting Pit, but it was me! Dark Pit!

>Fusion Gravity is Eva 01

Every single game.

Attached: Link_Outset_Clothes.png (268x560, 105K)

Party hats myain since 64 friendly

It perplexes me there isnt just -shiny- versions of all Pokemon.. especially in Pokemon trainer.. would have been a funny poke at "those" kinds of trainers

Barbarian and ancient set would’ve been sweet

>No male Nohrrin
Apperantly they want to keep the shinies super special and secret and avoid putting them in official material.

Attached: 61kv2RTprAL._AC_SX215_.jpg (215x293, 26K)

Giving Bowser a Rookie skin and adding Popple Battle to the soundtrack should've been easy to implement, but we're 0 for 2.

Attached: o6t9ucb3n1401.jpg (2048x2048, 410K)

I want Young Link with Razor Sword and Termina shield.
I wish they had some something for BOTW Link where if you have a BOTW save file on your switch, smash reads it and you can play link with the current armor he has on equipped.
I don’t even play Samus but why the fuck do shiek and zelda get redesigns and Samus is stuck with her Other M design. And the fact that they use her Samus Returns render as her fighter spirit is insulting.

They couldn't even go halfway and do a retexture themed like the pajamas. But don't worry he has three fucking green costumes.

Snake:
MGS1 Sneaking Suit
MGS3 Sneaking Suit

Toon Link:
Outset Island Shirt

Mega Man:
No Helmet Variant

Cloud Strife:
Kingdom Hearts 1 Variant

Mewtwo:
Metal Suit

you are like a baby

only because i hate the way the green botw tunic looks do i wonder why couldn't we get the alts like botw does.

Attached: botw sets.jpg (973x388, 97K)

The base BOTW tunic is visual kino and it was only able to be in the game because Champion's tunic was there as a distraction for complete plebs.

Hackurai's neglect of Toon Link is the main reason I stopped playing Ultimate

Attached: 4.5.jpg (250x250, 12K)

>no Naked Snake costume
>no MGS1 Sneaking Suit

Attached: 1556376616198.png (506x487, 217K)

Simon should have had an alt that gave him red hair.

Attached: Judgment_Guide_Simon.jpg (600x800, 116K)