Is there any game with story as deep and well though like HunterxHunter?

is there any game with story as deep and well though like HunterxHunter?

Attached: s-l300.jpg (300x212, 15K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=pUDUK-yvwQs
youtube.com/watch?v=3PgjOFS5mJc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Tetris

Nes game Rygar

Cyberdimension Neptunia

Do i watch the anime(which version) or read the manga?

Can't go wrong with anything but the movies

Maybe TWEWY (original ds version)?

My Sims Kingdom

Rapelay

Pokemon Gold and Silver.
You will never relive what it's like to climb that mountain and fight Red!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hate this meme. You faggots ruined the show for me, and I lost motivation to finish it.

Why would you ever not read the thing actually created by the creator of the story? Read the manga.

Minecraft

ShingeKINO Kyojin: the video game

Attached: piku.jpg (1254x998, 477K)

Read the first chapter of manga and start with 2011, watch the hunter exam tournament (one or two episodes) in 1999
If it's too slow for you, just read the manga up until the Yorknew arc and watch the last episode of heaven's arena in 2011
Just puck a version you like and stick with it, but Yorknew and Chimera Ant arc are incredible in 2011

Firewatch
What Remains of Edith Finch
Everybody's Gone to the Rapture
Life is Strange

Is this coming out currently on any kind of steady basis? Took a break from it to read through joj.

You're just not sophisticated enough to appreciate the genius of HunterXHunter. That's okay. Maybe One Piece is more your speed.

It's been 5 months since the last chapter, soon 6. No idea when it will return.

Anime is gay

>HiatusxHiatus
>steady basis

Attached: 1558181234446.jpg (347x304, 20K)

Dammit man, hxh is fucking amazing imo but I feel like certain plot points we'll never get around to.

HxH is generic shonen and Killua is an absolutely terrible character.

Nier

no,most game have a better story

ffpfffa fr frreee freee frreeeendshiiiiii pffpfpf

Attached: 1543166016762.jpg (588x823, 109K)

Are you retarded? Hunter X Hunter is a great anime and manga and you're low IQ is unable to comprehend its grateness.

The manga art is atrocious. Togashi stopped putting in effort near the end of YYH.

Attached: x19[1].png (692x1100, 89K)

Friendly reminder that World Trigger is worth reading if you haven't already.

Attached: 1547717013551.jpg (220x347, 30K)

>2011fags

Attached: 1550677584153.jpg (3832x2400, 1.27M)

What the fuck is wrong with the Zoldik family, Killua deserves better

Soul

Go back to Yea Forums

I read 50 chapters and started getting tire of it at the 30 chapter mark

HXH has a lot of top tier girls who barely have any doujins or fetish art and this pisses me off

Is it because the show loves to kill off literally everyone

Reminder AoT is a masterpiece in the making and you'd better not miss this current season. The basement twist is going to be next-level

>this kills the """HunterChad"""

BASED
I RABU PIKU
also Mob Psycho 100 is pretty kino go see that

Attached: 1552517900537.jpg (6400x3600, 2.06M)

looks pretty soulful to me

>shounenshit
>deep

Attached: animelaugh6.gif (220x213, 344K)

2011 anime then manga (it hasn't went too far from where the anime ended, as sad as that is)

>Homo x Homo
>Well though

O MY RUBBER DUCK

>it hasn't went too far from where the anime ended, as sad as that is

Good fucking lord, so the hiatus meme is real

This will never not make me laugh.

2011 Anime. Manga's art after a while falls apart.

>shounen can't have deep themes and actual good writing because my uguu moe anime don't and I'm mature for watching those!
Have sex dumbass aquafag

It's about half way through the boat arc, which takes place right after the election arc that the anime ends on.

>Woah, you're not Mob, who the fuck are you?!
Hypest shit.
Season 1 was better

>all those kids whispering so their mom doesn't hear

>I read 50 chapters and started getting tire of it at the 30 chapter mark
That's too bad, the tactical battles in it are really enjoyable to read and the author is great at handling a large cast of likeable characters.

>secondary logic

Attached: Power_nullfication.png (711x704, 995K)

HunterxHunter's art is atrociously bad.

Where are my ShingekiCHADS at?

Attached: Eren_meets_Yeagerists.png (413x602, 173K)

ahahahaAHAHAHAHAHA

Attached: suffering is part of the experience.jpg (1251x580, 143K)

But it wasn't. Season 2 was better than season 1 on all accounts, the action was movie-tier, the SoL moments were so, so fucking pure and heart-warming (Episode 1, episode 8 till the end).
though desu I'm just a gigantic fan of the Mogami arc so seeing it get adapted into one of the best episodes of anime I've seen in a decade was enough to make the season a 10 for me.
Next season is going to be the best. You haven't felt feels until you've witnessed the Brocolli and ???% arc
Why is Murata such a god bros?

Attached: x14.png (1600x1138, 2.71M)

Yes hello.

Murata sold his soul, there's no way a normal person could do this.

SHINZOU SASAGEYO
yesterday's episode fucking hurt me bros name a man with bigger balls than Erwin Smith

>Consistently delivers god-tier art and sometimes just drops 143 page long chapters full of his best work just because he can
>Redraws entire chapters to look even more fantastic just because he fucking can
Murata makes Miura look like a fucking baby, no hiatuses needed to deliver constant streams of the good shit
AND WE'RE NOT EVEN AT THAT FIGHT YET

Attached: x8.png (1720x1236, 2.53M)

Sadly Miura has given up on life and art.

What's your source for this
Miura's art is very different, less flashy but more soulful imo

This.

>Comes back after fuckknows how many hiatuses and delivers a chapter so fucking kino it's as good as the early-mid Berserk stuff with the Casca-unretardation chapter
>Fucks off for hiatus, comes back and gives us Griffith chapters, then is most likely gonna fuck off again without showing Guts and Casca
Being a berserk fan is torture.
>more soulful
Not anymore friend. The switch to digital has really taken out a lot of Miura's charm. The one chapter that had elder god-tier art was also the last actually exciting chapter we've gotten from him. Murata's art exudes soul, he does 10-hour long streams when working on new chapters sometimes and it's so interesting to see a man create god-tier spreads like this. At most he takes like a month and a bit off too between chapters, otherwise he cranks this shit out in WEEKS.

Attached: q64.png (1600x1138, 1.4M)

>What's your source for this
Berserk's release schedule.

what manga is this

How did he get away with not releasing a single chapter for an entire year?

Literally soul

Disagreed user, I think it's more soulful even with the switch to digital, even though I really liked his trad style.
One Punch Man

Attached: cutedream.png (1080x1600, 803K)

Sitting on that YYH dosh and his work is that valued. He can slap your mother with a wad and have her thank him for such an honor.

One Punch Man. Haven't you ever heard of it? It's pretty popular.

Attached: Genos & Saitama sparring.gif (499x346, 1.25M)

>muh nen that is not ren but reinforced zetsu restu
>deep

kek

One Punch Man. avoid season 2 like the plague. The manga consistently has some of the best art a manga's had in years and it's a very fun read.
I still enjoy Miura's style but I feel like it's lost what defined it earlier-on. Even during the Boat arc there was a certain level of pure detail and scale that Miura absolutely nailed, but as time went on it deteriorated. His work online looks too "clean", whereas at least Murata takes full advantage of going digital to create manga spreads that aren't just pretty in terms of art but FEEL cinematically beautiful almost. There's so many examples in the manga too where Murata practically animates fights via his panels like

Attached: x4.jpg (1600x1138, 744K)

He's married to the author of Sailor Moon and financially independent of how much or little HxH he makes.

Why is this manga/anime so praised and why should I watch it?

Attached: hmm (2).png (1000x1000, 66K)

That's OPM? I never read the manga but these pages look nothing like what I was expecting. Picked up

what went so wrong with juan punch man season 2?

how do you deal with the fact that hunter x hunter has a gay pedophile in it?

>It's about half way through the boat arc
Oh I wish I could be this optimistic.

Well what did you expect?

Attached: 1533484787910.png (800x1150, 778K)

Wondering as well. Looks like a generic shounen-shit

HxH has in recent times become a shitposting meme. They barely ever get new content (maybe one volume a year at best) and this leaves the fans with nothing to do but shitpost in other people's threads. Ignore HxH posters. Do not reply to HxH threads.

>shounen
>deep and well thought

No, read Kinnikuman instead.

Because Hisoka is based.

>Well developed characters
>Big brained fights/plot
>Interesting combination of lighthearted/dark/violent themes
>Kino soundtrack (2011 chad here)
>Literally one of the best shounens made in general.

Go watch YYH too while you're at it.

Attached: 2e19c19949604024e0fbc9a14af83ec9.jpg (348x348, 17K)

The arc where they are on the boat is about half over. The dark continent will probably be its own arc entirely.

J.U. STaff. They rushed the production in under 4 fucking months despite the wait between seasons being years, it's ridiculous. It's ruining the part of the manga where the story starts to get super good too, I'll never not be salty at how they ruined spreads like this by using dumbass CGI
>Hurr instead of EC tearing through buildings via his momentum let's just have him fly?

Attached: x7.png (1720x1236, 2.34M)

>Big brained
user the manga spells everything out to you. You're not smart for following what's explained to you.

Holy Christ read the manga and never lay eyes on the anime, idk how anyone can even begin to debate this

>best shounens
a very low bar

I'm still mad that they never used the flip book animations in the anime or continued it in the manga

>Shounen shit

Attached: 7d0b9181a077f96641dacc1b941214625e69a3f5d58c1674e2672052f91a1cbc.png (344x429, 121K)

>OPM season 2
>mfw genos arms

Attached: Reig.jpg (918x592, 96K)

>The manga art is atrocious
There are good pages and bad pages, and even good panels and bad panels. This is true for YYH too. Even after Chapter Black you can find some great pages and panels.

Yu Yu Hakusho has one too.

Attached: x12[1].png (727x1200, 98K)

hunterxhunter is for zoomers who don't know good shonen

Murata bows to Togashi

Attached: 1557415196978.png (899x1400, 1.05M)

Attached: 1557415023758.png (400x339, 105K)

Kinnikuman isn't really anything like HXH. What a weird suggestion.

Lots of words. Lots of worldbuilding. Main character isn't strong enough to matter in the big story arcs, half the time he's just a viewpoint character. Nothing really unique nor new, but unusual for shounen.

>t. low iq moeshit watcher

That's really cool but I don't give a fuck.

The thing about HxH (talking about 2011 since I only watched that) is that every arc feels like a different anime entirely. The story is the same but it's so tonally inconsistent. Not saying that's a bad thing but it's weird.

how do we stop HxH fans from shitposting?

The 2011 anime plays it extremely faithful to the manga in many critical scenes and it is amazing to watch them unfold in animation that was obviously cared for.
though you will have like 30 loose ends at the end of the anime which you will need to read the manga to tie up

I only watch anime for big brained people. Like Mushi-shi

Attached: 1553609070469.gif (500x376, 51K)

Laugh at them

More like Mushi-shit

Why is it so quiet?

Wouldn't want to wake up their parents.

>tfw Mob psycho chad
feels good man

It's a good battle shonen.

Go lock yourself back up in your chastity moe-sissy while the men talk

Name a manga with a more soulful message and ending. Seriously. Fuck this shit was motivational

Attached: x15.jpg (664x998, 345K)

You got it all inverted. Real men watch moe, it's the sissies that watch Shounen to make up for their lack of masculinity.

Attached: 1557766985376.jpg (720x888, 334K)

>Real men watch entertainment aimed at fat otaku who still live with their parents and use their money to buy moeshit BDs
Maybe in a bizarro world, but no. Moeshit provides great fap material and that's it.
Non Non Biyori is the only exception, that show made me happy.

So is HXH, but they're still completely different and there's not much point in recommending one over the other. Might as well throw in Saint Seiya while you're at it.

O

Real men watch hentai for the plot

Attached: 1447472906262.png (393x381, 279K)

MY

I think he pretty much single handedly saved JUMP from a slump and got a deal that he can do whatever he wants, also he's married to sailor moon author

>high tier fight breakdowns
>quality combat
>average story, painfully overrated
>awful character design
>painfully unlikeable and generic protagonists that look fresh out of kindergarten
>tasteless on the nose pedo clown antagonist
>the early sensei that teaches gon and emo gon is a literal chink self insert who has no business knowing those techniques
>pathetic attempts at character dimension

If the show had characters worth investing in that weren't painfully cringy or out of place it might be watchable.

This show is for fags and pedos quote me on that.

Attached: 1513212718567.png (701x670, 584K)

There's two versions of OPM, the ONE version which is SOUL and murata which is ART

so this... is the power.... of projection....

Yea Forums sings has no reason to exist after this, it'll never be topped

youtube.com/watch?v=3PgjOFS5mJc

This is the peak those fucking faggots will ever get to. It contains a real woman singing in actual Japanese, minimal faggots singing quiet to avoid waking up their parents, and a select few actually belting the shit out of it.

>how do you deal
I self insert as a clown

Attached: 47395894-p0.jpg (324x258, 89K)

I just recently started watching 2011 version for the first time and have never seen or read anything else. About 100 episodes in and it's definitely worth watching

It peaks in 25 or so episodes
End of Chimera Ant arc is legit amazing

I can get behind this interpretation. Reading the webcomic and then enjoying the manga is the best way to enjoy OPM.
The webcomic gets so fucking kino too it goes beyond the art quality
this. the '99 anime is definitely worth a watch but the Chimera Ant arc in the anime is pure, pure fucking kino. It's like the entire anime was building up towards it, the direction is so fucking good, so is the music and animation, but also the story beats make the arc set a new standard in general for shounens.

Attached: x15 (1).jpg (1200x849, 256K)

I keep forgetting about just how popular the anime is and that hardly any of the viewers have actually laid eyes on the murata manga.
It's the closest I've ever come to an eyegasm from reading it.

Did I hit a nerve, sissyboi?

I've never been that impressed with Chimera Ant relative to other arcs in HXH. It's good, but it felt a little bloated. Yorknew remains my favorite arc.

I can't wait for the hunterxhunter musou so I can learn the plot that way

I did this with both berserk and one piece and have never touched the manga or anime of either, its so great

Attached: 1538559517906.gif (353x353, 660K)

You have to have a very high IQ to understand Hunter x Hunter. The characterization is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of theoretical physics most of the properties of both rubber and gum will go over a typical viewer’s head. There’s also Hisoka’s nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into his Nen abilities- his personal philosophy draws heavily from Narodnaya Volya literature, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of his abilities, to realize that they’re not just powerful- they say something deep about O. As a consequence people who dislike HxH truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn’t appreciate, for instance, the depth in Hisoka’s existential catchphrase “O My Rubber Nen,” which itself is a cryptic reference to Turgenev’s Russian epic Fathers and Sons. I’m smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Togashi’s genius writing unfolds itself onto chapter long infodumps. What fools.. how I pity them.

And yes, by the way, i DO have a Hisoka tattoo. And no, you cannot see it. It’s for the ladies’ eyes only- and even then they have to demonstrate that they’re within 5 IQ points of my own (preferably lower) beforehand. Nothin personnel kid

next you are gonna tell me that real men play barbie, while sissies play lego

Fair enough but it'll always be one of my favourite shounen arcs of all time for how ambitious it was. So many plot threads built up with so many different characters that all managed to culminate perfectly well. I loved every moment of it, the climax had some of the most powerful moments I've read in a manga too to boot. It sucks HxH's become such a meme on Yea Forums, discussion about the series is scarce in quality.
With how good season 1's quality was I'm not surprised a lot of people wanted to wait for a 2nd season instead of reading the manga. I was the same until I realized that the manga is on another level entirely.

Attached: x6.jpg (1600x1138, 412K)

because it's pure kino

Attached: 1529907743904.png (1024x576, 1.63M)

I'm not even the guy you were arguing with but sure.

Attached: 1530743895329.jpg (193x261, 6K)

games tho

patrician taste

Attached: 1531331370045.png (2668x1012, 2.23M)

>Looks like a generic shounen-shit
Can't really blame you, that's the exact same mindset I had when the 2011 anime was airing. But after watching it, it became my favorite shonen.
What sets it apart from other shonen is that it has this edge to it that makes it really thrilling to watch and also just makes every other shonen look sterile and safe in comparison.
Usually "muh darkness" shit is handled very poorly in shonen and it just comes off as cringey but HxH delivers stuff like that very tastefully.

Yorknew is cool and all but it's not on the same level as CAA, it's an emotional rollercoaster from start to finish even if it's a bit bloated

Attached: 1557237807620.jpg (474x1885, 218K)

Murata's art is the last thing that should be called soulless, have you seen the amount of time and effort that goes into making the art he does? One of the Elder Centipede spreads took 8 hours of pure detailing to finish, whether you're a cuck who thinks digital is by default bad or not that's pure work. This soulless meme is shit when the webcomic and manga are both top-tier and compliment eachother (with ONE directly approving of the manga and working on it himself you tard)

The fuck in the bottom right of the pic?

KINO

Attached: 1557085382298.jpg (960x768, 217K)

CA goes for more emotional punch. Yorknew is just better paced and better structured.

Best boy Knuckle

Yorknew's pacing and structure was fine, CA's pacing and structure is unlike anything else a shounen has ever accomplished. And it worked spectacularly. CA also has the series' best writing and characterization thus far.

>unstoppable big bad dies to radiation poisoning

that was a fucking cop out and you know it

way too much censorship in the anime read the manga if you want a great experience

>hurr why didn't this arc end with a badass final fight and epic transformations sequence!?!?!?!?
You can't be such a brainlet that you don't get the entire thing behind Meruem and everyone dying from the nuke and what it represented, right? Netero practically fucking spoonfed you
just watch the BD's for uncensored

OH

No one who uses that meme even knows what either of those two words mean. They just take it as old=good, new=bad

>CA's pacing and structure is unlike anything else a shounen has ever accomplished
I'm not sure what you mean by this. Detail and complexity? If so the current arc has already easily surpassed it in terms of density. So much so I worry that Togashi is going to be able to resolve it with grace.

If anything is impressive about CA it's in how well he was able to put a lot of variety into an arc that was so fixated on fighting.
>And it worked spectacularly.
In that "extremely heavy-handed" kind of way. It did do wonders for Gon, even if Togashi sort of wrote himself in a corner he cheaply got out of afterward.

>the apex of evolution gets killed by a minor bomb created for third world country wars
>not the most kino shit
pleb

Attached: 1556710074116.png (533x523, 511K)

>cop out
Way to miss the point bucko
The perfect killing machine, the apex of evolution, a being that is capable of committing genocide on the entire human race if left unchecked, the being stronger than one of the best nen users in the world dies to a fucking mass produced atomic bomb which solely exists to kill other humans, because humanity is fucking worse than the villains of the arc despite the atrocities they committed

It's not even deep and you managed to get it over your head completely

Attached: 1558271543309.png (500x295, 48K)

It's the easiest way to know when you're talking to a retard at least.

It's worth trekking through the worst of HxH's manga art, since the wild variation in Togashi's artstyle when he is trying are one of HxH's main draws. Hell, just look at Cholo Chrollo here.
Anime's still great, through, and is way easier to digest a lot of the time. Really depends on whether you want form or function, sorta.

Attached: 633.jpg (633x999, 135K)

I will say I'm still a little bit disappointed that over half of the entire chimera ant arc all just takes place in a couple of hours.
I knew about the arc prior to reaching it and I was anticipating an entire saga of race wars and I was getting hyped.

Both are good, but a large reason the older one is good is because pre-2000s and some early-2000s anime in general had more soul. It's hardly specific to HxH.
It's also not as accurate to the manga, which means if you didn't want your experience to die with the end of the anime, 2011'd serve you better.

>whisperfags

Attached: 1554640788429.png (262x241, 94K)

Old anime was pure soul, why the fuck don't we get some more stuff like this?

2011 anime, 1999 is shit

Because celluloid animation is no longer cost efficient in the current climate thanks to digital being the standard.

There are some if you know where to look. Mob Psycho 100, Space Dandy and Redline might be ones you'd enjoy since they all have elder god-tier animation

Can't they use TECNOLOGY and have the digital look like those old animes?

Those anime look great for sure and in many cases better, but they still lack some of the soul that the old animations have.