Post games you’ve dropped for whatever reason, be honest about it...

Post games you’ve dropped for whatever reason, be honest about it. I dropped Sekiro because it was too hard for me and I wasn’t having fun.

Attached: AAE72793-5BA9-4132-96AC-8837A6AEB0AE.jpg (220x275, 23K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=C_ywF3fp564
streamable.com/ufvpp
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Git gud

Sorry to hear about you becoming a games journalist. I'll pray for you.

Is it really so wrong to not want to punish yourself with something you aren’t enjoying?

First Souls-like game?

Just messin with you, its not like youre being irrational and demanding the game cater to you.

Don't believe people who say you need to get good at deflecting, timing etc. You can cheese every enemy in the game. I never got good at all that shit and finished the game on three days ago.

No, I actually finished all the other soulsborne games, I did have summons for some bosses though, I had to beat Orstein and Simough alone though since I lost so much humanity summoning and then dying.

nah famalam,at least you are not a faggot complaining that sekiro needs an easy mode

I kinda wish it had an easy mode but the thing is the regular enemies are actually pretty easy to deal with and avoid, the bosses are what are hard and I’m not sure how’d adjust the difficulty without radically altering the game

yeah but then better just not play, because cheesing literally everything isn't fun, except if all the fun you get from games is by flaxing your "finished the game" achievement at your friends

if you don't like a game don't play it, really, you did nothing wrong. people forget that playing video games is a hobby and you should drop it the second you don't enjoy it anymore

Don't be ashamed, I did the same thing without even realizing it. I plan to come back to it one day, though. Maybe.

You should really try again, you obviously have a functioning brain. Just take it slow and put the game down if you get frustrated.

I got to the demon of hatred, took a break and now have no will to play

>yeah but then better just not play, because cheesing literally everything isn't fun, except if all the fun you get from games is by flaxing your "finished the game" achievement at your friends
Finding flaws in the enemies you can exploit against them isn't fun? Do you also not use stealth in the game? Not use prosthetics? Never used an item? Never used memories or prayer beads?

Sekiro plays more like an action game and I believe having experience with games like Ninja Gaiden and Bayonetta helps a lot. But even a seasoned player will still have to get familiar with the game's core mechanics.

Don't give up, Op. Get used to holding block to recover your posture. Deflect out of block, use jump to get away from enemies. Unlock mikiri (just press B, no directions) and learn to anticipate thrusts.

The game gives you incredible tools. With a little bit of effort you will start seeing a lot of openings.

Use the suzaku umbrella.

Then I don't get why you think this game is harder. I think this game is a lot more lenient. The only problem is that you have to get used to the new formula (not dodging but parrying + using unlimited stamina to run around if needed).
This was the same issue for everyone who played his first Souls-like game. The combat pace/mechanics was - at least to most - new, so they sucked ass and then learned how to do it.

I mean, if you didn't enjoy it there is no reason to force yourself to play it but in my opinion you might have judged this too early.

I won't say I didn't have fun with it, but I had to force myself to play it. didn't have a problem with the difficulty though, for the most part I thought it was too damn easy.
demon of hatred was such a boring fight, holy shit.

>Fallout 4
Dropped it after like halfway through the story and 100 hours in....
It was my third bethesda style game
Played New Vegas then Skyrim then Fallout 4, realized they were all shit except vegas.

I think it was after killing a boss , dont remember which , I was just walking killed some enemies and realize the game is not that bad but didnt feel exciting at all,the boss fight was the best part by far

Attached: project_beast-2739557.jpg (580x724, 73K)

i dropped it too but not permanently
i'm just working too much to focus on a game this hard
i'll pick it up again in the winter when work dies down
i'm a switch babby until then

i dropped it when you get to the institute and the stroy completely falls apart
fuck that it could have been a good game with some half decent writing

It's not that it's too hard it just lost its spark for me. After i fought him once I started going back and clearing what I hadn't done yet and it just got boring

>I started going back and clearing what I hadn't done yet and it just got boring
yup, I know exactly what you mean. I can't pinpoint what it is, but going through previous areas sucks, and it doesn't help that some areas are re-cycled later in the game.

Just skip him then. He's an optional boss. Do the last boss since that's the most kino fight in the whole game.

Perfectly fair reason.

Some people don't have the patience for trial and error, specially in soulsborne games where trying again takes fucking forever.

These games are more about patience than skill.

The dated gameplay ruined it for me. I think it's clunky and dull. It's a shame, because I really loved the dialogue, story, setting and music. But I just couldn't slog through it and stopped after betraying UNATCO.

Attached: 220px-Dxcover.jpg (220x273, 19K)

t.b.h. I dropped it at le monkey because he kept blowing me out and I have autism-ran all the other Souls era Fromsoft games, sekiro just feels lame when you are not winning versus the other games where you keep wanting to try even if you get blown out, and getting blown out seems to occur more often in sekiro because even the fucking basic enemies 2 shot you

>stopped after betraying UNATCO.
oh man, you dropped it before it really got good.
try to at least finish hong kong.

I like how you're being honest.
Mechanics can be weird if you come from other souls games, I'm getting my ass handed to me as well but I'm in no hurry, someday I'll finish it even if it takes gorillion hours.

Is it really worth it? I've been thinking about just finishing it because I am so close

what part is trial and error? sounds like a shitty excuse

I stopped playing Sekiro at Isshin. It's not that it was too difficult, as I was making good progress through each phase, it's just that it makes no sense why he's the final boss. I just lost interest in what happens next because obviously Miyazaki was just making no sense at that point. Everything else was super cool though.

Parrying literally everything makes the game a lot easier
I barely ever dodge attacks

What's confusing you about it? And why do you give a shit about the story in a game that's all about gameplay?

Yeap he really is. Tough, but fair and enjoyable fight.
I found it to be the best fight in the game honestly. Probably even best final boss of a from game.

The Witcher 1
Dropped it after your sorceress friend teleports you outside the city and you're put in charge to do some errands for a wedding.
The game was just too horrible from a gameplay standpoint, and I've never been a fan of dialog-focused rpgs.
At least I learned my lesson and will never force myself to play a game I'm not enjoying.

I'll give it a shot then, if it really is that good it would be a shame to miss it

getting down perfect deflects changes the flow of the game radically. if you're not consistently getting them then fights are going to be a slog.
also I found that instead of waiting for enemies to attack you, fill that waiting with you attacking them even if you know they will block it. it serves two purposes that help a ton, stops them from recovering posture and will usually force them into an attack/combo that is usually the same every time.

I wanted to get DS3 since i fucking love the lore, world and conceptually the gameplay but im afraid itll be to hard for me and i wont get my moneys worth since i can get frustrated easily

Did you kill bosses 1st try?
No?
Trial and error then

AC origins. I really like the world they built, but having to grind a bunch of fucking side quests just to progress the story killed it for me, It's just not fun having these big ass roadblocks. Even tried switching it to easy and the most basic enemies would still take ages to kill

Attached: ACorigins -Raft2.png (1920x1080, 2.32M)

I dropped Max Payne 3 because it was fucking garbage

division 2 cause it seems playing when devs are still dabbing on the game seems futile task

Attached: hold still mate.jpg (253x199, 11K)

some of them, yes.

Why is Isshin of the past inside of Genichiro? "Because dragon blood" is a dumb excuse.

Have you played a Dark Souls game before
If yes, you know that to expect
If not, don't bother; those games aren't for everyone and if the thing you like is the lore, YouTube playthroughs and lore videos have you covered.

Why in God's name would you give one flying fuck about the story in a game from Fromsoft?

That's absolute boulderdash.

lmao you're legitimately retarded. some bosses and enemies I did first try, while others I needed to better myself first
that's like saying football is trial and error because you get tackled or miss the goal

That's the dumbest explanation for "trial and error" I've ever heard.
This makes EVERY game "trial and error" if you give it to a game journalist.

because of the black mortal blade, it's LITERALLY said in the game. it establishes a connection with the underworld and brings back the dead at their strongest if the bearer is sacrificed
why isshin you ask? because he was the only person geni had enough faith in to restore ashina

I thought he just kinda summoned him from another plane through some kind of blood magic with the mortal blade.

The majority of Soulsborne players only care about the story and lore; many of them spent more time watching vaatividya videos and discussing lore on the internet that actually playing the games.

It's disgusting.

I tried playing DS1 when it came out but what frustrated me the most was the “backtracking” to the boss that killed me. Having to go over and over theough the same enemies bc save spots are so far in between. I dont mind dying but what pisses me off is not being able to immediately try again. I loved the whole walking through a fucked up world with a big sword on my back and fighting huge ass monsters with barely any powers so i was willing to give DS another shot.

The only game that made me feel physically ill after playing it. To this day i still don't know the cause

Attached: 590e5d385bafe329396b9b18.jpg (323x433, 32K)

>what is bloodborne
that game has a legitimately good story and great lore
>the majority
what the fuck are you talking about?

you can just run past dudes once you know the layout of the area

DaS3 is harder than 1 so you're going to have even worse of a time.
Don't bother playing the games; youtube should be enough. I'm not being condescending or passive-aggressive, I just think that the series isn't for you.

Ah I see well that does make sense I guess, but Isshin and Genichiro seemed like two different people with very different beliefs. Then again old age may have changed Isshin.

>what the fuck are you talking about?
You're right.
It's not the majority; it's almost all of them.

I got all the endings and then never bothered playing anymore, i saw all it had to offer

>majority
First of all, that's bullshit. The amount of people who care ONLY about that stuff is most definitely the minority. There is no one on this planet who can tell me that they played through DS JUST because they wanted to read item descriptions and piece together a world or watch YT videos about it.
Fromsoft games are all about difficult gameplay and combat. If you don't play it for that, you are most definitely in the minority.

Apart from that:
>lore
yes

>story
No. Soulsgames all have very little story. What we do when we watch vaati (yes, I actually like to watch it, too) is listening and learning about the word - i.e. lore. There is very little story in that.
And "this doesn't make sense"-moments are all over all Soulgames.

Na i get it. I wont force myself to like something. I dropped overwatch when i noticed i spent more time raging than having fun it literally gave me health issues.

Monster Hunter World. The game looks pretty and I was really looking forward to seeing what all the fuss is about. But the long ass fights just weren't for me. I've tried going back to it a few times, but I think I've finally given up on it.

Devil may cry dropped after the second magma spider fight
I got the hd collection on steam but I could get passed the god awful ps2 era controls and feel. I get that is beloved but it did not age well

how did you come to this conclusion?

>Sekiro is har-

Attached: Corrupted Monk.webm (480x270, 2.45M)

Boring, no replay value, no depth, most spamming gameplay I've seen from FS

I'm sorry you weren't given a QTE to insta-win the fight.

>want to be creative and enjoy the game on ng+
>try new prosthetic tools and different combat strategies
>guardian ape one shot grabs me
>say fuck it and cheese him

By looking at the Soulsborne threads and the criticisms against Souls clones.
I personally like the series because it's a combination of two genres I love (rpgs and beat'em all) and killed all of those monsters, giant knights and dragons without knowing (or caring) why. That made me a pariah among the fans of the series.

Those are unironically better than a boss losing it’s last hitpoint from a slash

>Yea Forums is STILL butthurt about Sekiro
Good, can't wait to taste more and more salt in the next years.

I played Devil May Cry for the first time this year, also the HD collection, and I had no trouble with it. I only dropped my hard mode playthrough because Sekiro got released and I only focus on one action game at the time.
I didn't find it "dated" or "archaic" and had a lot of fun with it (except with the penultimate boss, the game turning into a rails shooter was horseshit).

What is it about Sekiro that sends Yea Forums into a frothing rage?

Attached: smilingWolf.png (631x710, 1003K)

That game exposed how a lot of Souls players, both inside and outside Yea Forums, are very reliant on summons.

>voice reasonable criticism against sekiro or claim it just isnt for you
>soulsfags come in and start shitting up the thread screeching "GIT GUD KID LMAO XDD 4chanmemefrog.jpg"
Its getting old

YAKUZA 2 and YAKUZA 0

I tried 2 when it first came out, didn't like the mechanics. I acquired 0 recently in a humble, tried it out and... still don't like it.

I was expecting something like Shenmue, Sleeping Dogs or Rise to Honor...

>>soulsfags come in
Soulsfags hate Sekiro with a passion, which is why it's extra good.

Soulsfags are the ones who got filtered by Sekiro.

I'm a Souls fan and I really like Sekiro. Granted, I'm stuck on the Owl right now but the game has been great so far.
On the other hand I liked Bloodborne and Nioh as much as Souls so maybe I'm not a real Souls fan.

Git gud.

Attached: Owl 1.webm (1000x542, 2.98M)

Soulfags hate sekiro becaue it doesnt have any replay value

count how many hits it takes for the enemy to deflect & counter and stop 1 hit short of that

lol I did not know you could stealth kill the first phase

>using prosthetics
>has bead upgrades
>has kuros charm
Maybe you should practice what you preach

I'm butthurt that it wasn't better. no rage though.

I'm not watching that webm because I want to figure that fight on my own.
Thanks for sharing anyway.

Oops, meant for

I don't think you can force them to attack you until they perfect deflect you, and then that gives you another opening and/or more posture buildup agaist them.

It's arguably the best game of all time. I'm not sure how you can ask for it to be better.

Attached: Sekiro Cinegrid.jpg (4000x4055, 3.52M)

That Fist of the North Star Yakuza game. I liked it a lot but it was a little too much like Yakuza for me. I just finished playing Yakuza 0 when I started it and I just didn't feel like playing such a similar game so soon. What made me stop in particular was this poorly-designed series of events where I had to drive somewhere, only to find out there was an obstacle I needed a car upgrade for. So I drove back to the hub, and I was told I needed certain parts for the upgrade, and the parts were located in the overworld... right in front of the obstacle I had to get through. So I drove all the way back and collected them and then drove all the way back to the hub, got the upgrade, drove all the way back and through the obstacle, only to drive a few more feet and talk to an NPC who told me my next objective was on the other side of the world map. It's just bad design.

It has a pretty weak ost and story

No lore, so they can't spend dozens of hours speculating over a half rusted armor helmet.

>The soundtrack is shi-
youtube.com/watch?v=C_ywF3fp564

t

Ingot to the first divine beast in botw then dropped the game. What a bore.

>take it slow
>take it slow and look at bosses attacks
>can't parry shit he just shakes it off and charges into you and you can't dodge anywhere
>try to jump him and he strikes me as i do so
This game sucks man. If my dude could actually move around like Dante/Ryu/Bayonetta could it would be much better. But he moves like a fucking grandpa

>It's arguably the best game of all time.
lol I'm not saying it's bad, but I don't think it's anywhere close to this.
>I'm not sure how you can ask for it to be better.
I'd like prosthetics to be more useful and the SE cap to be bigger, level design to be a lot better, more enemy variety, dragonrot to not be a virtually useless feature, bosses to have more unique attacks, less reused areas or more new areas, less fights that are basically setpieces. that's just naming a few.

Git gud.

how long until the Sekiro honeymoon ends? It's like they enjoy BTFOing liberal game journalists more than they enjoy the actual game itself.

Attached: dce.jpg (332x341, 19K)

Didnt like:

Aesthetic
OST
Characters
Story
Reuse of the same level 3 times (Ashina)
Being locked out of Gunfort reduces the already abysmally low replay value
Gameplay got stale after first play through
Difficulty curve spikes in the beginning when learning the mechanics but after that the difficulty remains trivial.

I forced myself to plat because the trophies were easy to get. Ill play DLC but i have zero desire to play again

Attached: 20190520_094106.jpg (1264x932, 313K)

>more enemy variety
There are new enemies in every area. Try playing the game past Chained Ogre.

Attached: Wolflistening.png (773x763, 620K)

btfo by the chain ogre i see...

Got to seven spears and stopped, wasn’t enjoying myself anymore

the game is way easier than the games you listed besides bayo. you're not doing something right. this is coming from someone who thinks sekiro is heavily flawed.

>Try playing the game past Chained Ogre.
I've beaten the game and only ss isshin and demon of hatred took me more than a handful of tries. try again.

What a faggot are you a game journalist btw?

Honestly nothing wrong with that; people can respect you for admitting it's too hard to enjoy.

At least you aren't asking for an easy mode AND gamer cred

Git gud.

Attached: Seven Ashina Spears.webm (960x540, 2.95M)

No, and I don’t really want to, I wasn’t finding the game enjoyable

>has kuro charm
>didn't ring demon bell
Thats cute sweetie.

I dropped it at Sword Saint. If I spent an hour or two learning the tells and pressing L1 at the right time I could beat it. But I already did that against Genichiro and Owl and Guardian Ape and a dozen other bosses. They all have the EXACT same fucking strategy. Divine Dragon was the best boss in the game because it's the only one that is unique.

Well I'm struggling most with timing. It feels like the game is lagging, or rather that the timings must be exceptionally early or late compared to the other games I listed. It seems that some of the time I hit parry when I see the enemy raising to strike it parries and most of the time it doesn't. And since the game is so autistic about being le so hard it takes so much longer to figure out what I am doing wrong

I mean on DMC I just hit parry when they are about to paste me in the face and it parries? Why the fuck doesn't it for Sekiro? DMC games were intuitive the very first time I played each one

Git gud.

Attached: Isshin NG+.webm (1152x648, 2.96M)

>something you aren’t enjoying
You still have much to learn.

Attached: 20190422115524.png (210x304, 82K)

Nah, I'd rather go play a fun game like Demon's Souls or Bloodborne. Enjoy your well-timed L1 presses though.

I'm not going to force myself to play something I don't like.

the deflect window is really generous, but some enemy attacks connect way earlier than it seems it should from the animations if you ask me. those just come with a bit of practice. it's really noticeable when trying to mikiri some attacks.

>I'd rather go play games with worse gameplay
Git gud.

Attached: Sekiro Duel.webm (1024x576, 2.87M)

cringe. dark souls was actually fun right from the start.

I understand what you're saying but when they deflect you it heavily restricts your options/freedom and is bad in many situations. It's why most people play like a pussy against the ghost girl, for example.

I dropped DMCV because it bored me to tears.
I only got through all the missions on Devil Hunter which apparently doesn't count as beating the game.

>has charm
>didnt ring demon bell
>used 6 gourd heals
>died once
Stop posting your casual webms

>I'd like prosthetics to be more useful
More useful than what they already are?
I agree that the shield/armor breaking gimmicks of the Axe and Spear are underutilized, but there's nothing wrong with prosthetics, if anything some of them are actually too strong, like Shuriken or the the umbrella.
>the SE cap to be bigger
The SE cap is perfect, the cost of certain prosthetics admittedly isn't though, some should cost way more (Umbrella, Firecrackers) while others should cost less (tier 3 Axes, Fans)
>level design to be a lot better
Level design is fine and arguably the best Fromsoft has put out since decades.
>more enemy variety
So you didn't get out of Ashina?
>dragonrot to not be a virtually useless feature
Agreed, actually they should have just scrapped that altogether, there's no point at all in such a feature.
>bosses to have more unique attacks
Bosses have plenty of attacks though.
>less reused areas
What reused areas?
>less fights that are basically setpieces
Nigger the entire game is made up of setpieces like literally any and all Fromsoft games outside of the King's Field Additional PSP games.

Attached: dis nigga.jpg (309x319, 40K)

>It's not that it was too difficult, I just lost interest
Sure.

Attached: 20190424192442.png (658x735, 453K)

I play games to have fun, not impress “fellow gamers” so gamer cred never mattered to me. I dislike games like Half Life so my “gamer cred” is already in the toilet anyway

Reminder that 70% of Yea Forums couldn't get past pic related.

Attached: Chained_Ogre.jpg (620x420, 51K)

Based as fuck

Imagine believing sekiro is hard

It's vidya in its purest form.

Attached: Sekiro™_ Shadows Die Twice_20190403140259.png (1920x1080, 1.44M)

LUDO
U
D
O

Sekiro is extremely hard.

Attached: 1555717432342.jpg (1282x1080, 894K)

How when I 100% it? I still cant kill O&S solo

Sekiro is one of the most difficult games out there that isn’t some romhack or indie game, it’s honestly harder than many NES games

>More useful than what they already are?
yes? the ones that are really useful, basically just give you an opening to attack.
>the cost of certain prosthetics admittedly isn't though
I agree to that. I just don't like that some combat arts and prosthetics you can only use 2-3 times and you're done unless you use that item.
>Level design is fine
they didn't do much to take advantage of the grappling hook. you usually have one or two routes when the hook could give you way more freedom.
>So you didn't get out of Ashina?
beat the game 3 times
>Bosses have plenty of attacks though
I didn't think they threw you any real curve balls for the most part, a lot of the punishing attacks were just repeated strikes.
>What reused areas?
ashina castle is a big one.

If it's easy, why haven't you beaten it?

Attached: Sekiro™_ Shadows Die Twice_20190509194326.png (1920x1080, 2.89M)

The storytelling is really bland and the characters and their motivations are rather generic. Main character is your typical stoic japan man. The aesthetics and gameplay are pretty great though. But even if Bloodborne or Dark Souls were more simpler gameplay-wise they were a more balanced package overall. I'd give them a 10/10 and Sekiro a 9/10.

I plat it. Ghost n Goblins is harder imo

You haven't tried hard enough.

Undertale
Got bored after the neutral route and didn't bother with all the asinine shit required for either route

What are you going on about

If you've beaten Sekiro you should be good enough to beat O&S solo after enough tries.

Ghosts n goblins is fun but is outright dumb making you play the game twice

>yes? the ones that are really useful, basically just give you an opening to attack.
You have to be creative with them. I basically anihilated the Monkey with a spear and Isshin with an umbrella.

I dropped it at SS Isshin because at that point I was kinda burned out and didn't feel like spending another od knows how many hours and attempts on that fight. Loved the game, it's just by the end of it I couldn't really be bothered

I'll start a new playthrough when the DLC is released

My bad, thought you were

>Ghost n Goblins is harder imo
You're talking about the NES version, right? If so, I unironically agree. Can't help but wonder if that game was rushed out the door.

Attached: 20190422162715.png (670x670, 422K)

Epic meme.

I have hundreds of hours in Fallout 4 but never beat the main quest cuz i found the main factions to be insufferable

Yeah nes

Same, but I didn't drop it because I was stuck on a boss. I dropped it after BEATING Genichiro. I felt a sense of accomplishment, but also realized that I wasn't really having fun if most of my game time would consist of me fighting the same bosses over and over until I finally got through.

Use the umbrella, the guy took me like 2-3 times and I don't think during the last fight I deflected him even once during the last two phases.

Is that webm supposed to demonstrate anything?

Nothing, just ribbing. It'd be odd though if you went into the game knowing its pedigree and didn't expect to snake your head against a wall until you come through the other side.

>mfw almost got filtered by Geni
Took me something like 60 fucking attempts, everything else after him felt much easier and faster to beat

What pedigree?

From Software games in general are overrated exercises in trial and error. Sekiro was the most fun I've had in a Soulsborne game, but it's still not that enthralling.

Really though the soulsborne games were mostly only hard early game with the occasional hard boss after. Sekiro never lets up.

FromSoft games are underrated, bucko.

>Dark Souls has about 20% of broken/subpar quality levels, enemies, etc, and most of it is copied from Demon's Souls. 10/10

nes version is hard because it's based on the arcade version that was built to squeeze quarters out of stupid kids

Dark Souls is quite easily the best game of all time.

Attached: GOATsouls.png (1672x660, 369K)

>it doesnt have any replay value
Wut

...wooooooooooOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

>he unironically believes that popularity = quality
I love this meme.

>the ones that are really useful, basically just give you an opening to attack.
That's arguable.
The charge spear isn't good for breaking guards, it's useful to put on pressure and punish backstepping for instance.
The Lazulite Axe absolutely buttfucks apparitions and does obscene damage.
Shurikens aren't good for creating openings but leads to high damage strings if used correctly, and can also punish jumps or kill doge packs safely from a distance.
>they didn't do much to take advantage of the grappling hook.
I disagree with that, but I guess that's mostly because I didn't expect much to begin with.
I do think they should have used the hook more in terms of battle potential, there's like, three enemies to use it on and it's a bit of a shame.
In terms of environmental interaction, it was done pretty well all in all, at least in its own context, It would have been better if you could also use a quick grapple command like in Shinobido, but the game admittedly isn't Shinobido in the least and it would lead to trivializing fights even more than what you do with prosthetics.
>beat the game 3 times
So you're lying about enemies having no variety then.
>I didn't think they threw you any real curve balls for the most part
Explain.
>ashina castle is a big one.
What reused areas are in Ashina Castle exactly?

nothing wrong at all....if you're not having fun, then why continue?

People that think people play this game for some gamer cred are dumb

I play it for fun. I don't want to breeze through a game I actually want to play it.

They do have completely different beliefs, but Ishinn is honorable and since his grandson sacrificed himself to bring Ishin back he felt obliged to full fill his request or at the very least have a good fight.

>Popular thing bad
>Less popular thing good

Sorry to hear it user. Next time, have an open mind, or a PC... But you will be back.

We await your return, warrior. Get good.

Nah, they're overrated. Clunky movement that they STILL can't get right to this day, tedious traversal, lame RPG elements that amount to slapping a bunch of meaningless numbers on weapons, and really nothing to comprise a meaningful gameplay experience outside of being difficult for the sake of being difficult.

Soulsborne games are for tryhards.

If you dropped a game because the story made no sense you must have never beat a souls game

Outward. This game gives me fucking anxiety Similar to the uncanny valley. It like a horrible ugly digital mannequin tries to emitate a real game. Even thinking about it makes my head spin. The worst purchase I ever did. Can't believe people gave it 8/10.

Attached: gz4Xu4p4T63N7thqP9AKcU.jpg (1920x1080, 1.22M)

I'm always getting lost and stuck in this game. Literally doesnt happen to me in any other game

Attached: 32bae318e18a87635789df63ab3b735929500988.jpg (616x353, 20K)

I play it because I’m a massive slut for sengoku aesthetic

I dropped Bloodborne after beating the first boss because I didn't feel like doing the same thing over and over again. I had a great experience getting to the first boss and beating him. Didn't want to repeat that process arbitrarily just to "beat" the game.

Genichiro is a wall for those who haven't learned the game. It gets easier from there.

Sounds like you're afraid of challenges though.

I dropped RDR2 because it has 30 minutes of so-so gameplay spread out across a 25-hour campaign. It got repetitive and boring very fast.

They are most certainly underrated.

Attached: The Champ.webm (640x360, 2.78M)

you should learn how to read

Weird, it's not super hard to navigate and has an alright map

Just buy a $20 experience boost.

I dropped Sekiro because it upset me how it was completely unlike Dark Souls and Bloodborne and was more like Ass Creed or some other boring as shit triple A adventure game

When did you quit? Me and my friends all thought about dropping the game until we got past Genichiro and finally got good then we all loved the game

It's less that I'm afraid of a challenge and more that I just don't want to spend most of my game time on the same bosses over and over. That's repetitive to me. I don't find any of that stuff enjoyable.

Imagine being this much of a pleb.

Attached: RDR2 gunplay.webm (1280x720, 2.62M)

Seven Spears

I read that you thought you have to fight the same boss over and over, which you don't if you were any good at the game. Maybe you should finish reading.

you're not even replying to the right person lol you're truly fucked

Nah you're alrighr

You won't be don't that if you were good. I just told you it gets easier, the only reason you were even stuck on him was because you didn't master the mechanics. Once you pass that fight every other fight is much simpler. Probably could one shot most bosses. And even if you can't you have three paths to explore and increase stats

What's the point of that webm?

I feel like it's not the navigating part but i constantly never know what to do or dont have the right ways to escape the alien. I'm literally stuck on the first encounter with the alien since it released. I always come back to it and try and find a way to get away from it and end up dying every fucking time. I don't know what the fuck for do so I just quit and play something else. It's not like I'm retarded I play all sorts of other games on the hard difficulties and have no problems. Souls games no problem. This piece of shit I cant for the life of me beat I dont know why

According to you, what makes a gaming experience meaningful?
Don't fucking dare to say "dialog trees and choices"

Then why bother replying

each one has a specific usefulness, I just had hoped that in general they were more useful.
same goes for the grappling hook I suppose.
>you're lying about enemies having no variety then.
no, but I think that by making attacks into 3-4 types they kinda shot themselves in the foot, especially when half of those can be deflected no matter what. that also plays into my point about the bosses.
>Explain.
they just felt like extended fights of regular enemies that had a mashup of attacks. the more unique fights got swept under the rug for the most part and where brainless. like the divine dragon for example.
>What reused areas are in Ashina Castle exactly?
everything. 3/4 of the area is required to go through again once the ministry invades.

This webm just shows that there's no challenge in RDR2 and that the AI doesn't know how to look in a window

I dropped Torchlight 2 because it was unfiltered bobbling mess. So hard for a RPG

Understandable then he is the other thing that almost made me drop it if you do go back wait until after you beat genichiro or maybe even more bosses before fighting him again I think he is the most bullshit thing in the game desu

good question. one you should consider asking yourself before you continue looking like a fool

Sekiro is objectively harder than all other souls games.

is this supposed to be impressive?

The most boring "game" ever.

Attached: 250px-OkamiNTSCcoverFinal.jpg (250x317, 35K)

Find ways to distract it or even just follow it from behind, also you can use it to take out human enemies. Game becomes easier once you get the flamethrower.

How do I even get it to follow me if the thing insta kills me when I start to run?

>Sekiro is objectively easier than all other souls games.
Fixed.

Lunar 2: Eternal Blue Complete
By the time I got to the Blue Dragon boss fight, my team's max damage output per turn was around 3200 HP, while he had attacks that could hit multiple members of my team for big damage AND just passively heal himself by 2000+ every turn. The amount of leveling I would've had to do to compensate for that onslaught just sort of killed my enthusiasm and I never went back or restarted it.

It's better than Sekiro

Well that's the first problem, you can't run in the game unless you know the Alien isn't active. It's as much of a stealth game as a horror game, be patient.

I dropped a Japanese H-game that seemed good at first but tuns out it had watersports shit in it.

honestly, unless you min max and overlevel, I'm not sure how you can say this.

it's a good game, but they took the handholding way too far and it still feels like a tutorial to till the end.

Sekiro is better by virtue of not treating the player like a 50 IQ retard.

use your items. the new difficulty mode added in after release is bullshit though. the hardest mode before that was too easy and then they had a swinging door reaction.

I was in the same boat until I realized I was just stressed out about buying spirit emblems after failing a boss. I cheated for infinite emblems (same holding capacity) and I have zero regrets. It really should have been a mana bar like dark souls 3 that recharges at bonfires.

Attached: monkeytrouble.jpg (700x529, 46K)

Okami doesn't need to be a difficult game to be good, and represents Japanese culture much better.

Stop replying to me butthurt Bloodbronies. No one cares about your game.

>I cheated

Attached: GitGud.jpg (480x360, 21K)

I never said it needed to be difficult, but it needs to be actually be a game. From what I played, it was nothing but handholding and cutscenes. Unless you are a retard, I don't know how that is enjoyable.

It's practically Zelda with a different coat of pant.

why are you using emblems against a boss? no wonder you're getting so frustrated

You didn't enjoy using the celestial brush to solve puzzles?

When else should you use spirit emblems? Wasting emblems on mobs makes no sense in a game where all mobs are easy as shit and most die to spam.

There's nothing to solve. Every time you enter a puzzle area, the camera pans to an obvious solution, then Issun comes out and tells you what to do anyways.

>I just had hoped that in general they were more useful.
I'd say they're plenty useful, the game is an action game at its core, build like a metroid or megaman game, the prosthetics work as hard counters more than anything, with some general elasticity in terms of application.
Again, some of the inherent gimmicks could have been done better and they needed to balance the costs around the board, but they're pretty damn useful if you know how and when to use them.
>I think that by making attacks into 3-4 types they kinda shot themselves in the foot
I don't see your point in this, the game is built around a very specific gameplay loop and achieves what it sets out to do pretty damn well, I can understand not liking what it does at a core level, but I'd say it's very good at what it does.
What would you have done differently?
>they just felt like extended fights of regular enemies that had a mashup of attacks.
I can see this with the various longsword/vile hand ninjas, which are glorified mooks, but for the rest, the enemy design is pretty competent, if not a bit gimmicky, but it's not excessively gimmicky either.
Recycling minibosses is pretty bad and I don't think anybody disagrees with that, but at the same time, most of those are good so I can't complain too much, outside of again, the massive vilehand copypasta from midgame onwards.
>3/4 of the area is required to go through again once the ministry invades.
Not really, in fact you can ignore most of it outside of climbing up to the top and going in the dungeon, the only parts you have to go through multiple times are the top of the castle (up to three times) and the outskirts near the moon tower (two times at best).
It's kind of a silly complaint either way since it's a location that is central to the plot.

Call me a brainlet but I found it fun

>Sekiro
>Hard
Is this bait?

Sekiro is definitely hard.

Name a hard game then

Attached: ninjagaidenblack_xboxbox.jpg (354x500, 54K)

it's true. don't know why you're bringing up bb.

NG is the point at which a game isn't enjoyable unless you master the techniques.

no, you are just an elitist faggot as per usual
kys

Any esport at a high level.

Try to tell me Sekiro isn't a joke compared to Tekken or SC2 or CSGO at the highest rank.

I dropped Sekiro because it wasn't fun.
I dropped Overwatch because (Mei,Brigitte,Sombra,Moira,Torbjorn,Symmetra)
I dropped your mom because she was too heavy.

Yeah I suppose, but your average game of Tekken or any of those is much easier and CSGO a good team could carry you in an average game, so the variance is larger.

>Try to tell me Sekiro isn't a joke compared to Tekken
>Fucking kekken
Even Harada considers it a casual game

Attached: 1546183454709.png (2080x2267, 3.77M)

>Cities: Skylines
>Planer Coaster
I want to build nice places but when I find I've been autistically trying to fix one imperfection and not having fun at all I have to drop it.

To be fair OP said it was hard for him, instead of saying its a shit game. Not every game is for everyone.

Attached: 1524478994974.jpg (612x612, 92K)

For hours I mean.

Where do you think you are?

Anyone who likes vidya should enjoy Sekiro.

D&D CRPGs for me. I really want to enjoy them but I just get bored part way through. I think it's usually a mix of things, I just get unsatisfied with my build and want to start over even though I'm only a few levels in, I lose interest in the story, etc.
Pathfinder Kingmaker is the one I've gotten furthest into but I haven't touched in a while and I think I'm on like Act 3? Though it did spark a revitalized interest in CRPGs in me, so I may try Baldur's Gate & Neverwinter Nights again after I'm through with Pathfinder.

Oh my god, you guys, I just hate Sekiro so much! It's so difficult and hardcore and it kicks my ass so much, it's such a bad game, praise From please buy it also PRAISE THE SUN and based From Sekiro best game ever!

Attached: 1437229237028.jpg (349x348, 28K)

Is it really dropped if you've gotten all the achievements?
Fuck the one that demands all skills. Had to farm the purple ninja inside the castle for like 3 hours straight.

Attached: 12331232314234.png (500x495, 185K)

Why would you buy it then? These games are known to be fairly challenging. You'd obviously know that either through reviews, people talking about the game or mass marketing.
Mechanics are the core of a video game, and challenge surrounds that. A game should push the mechanics to its limits.
The challenge is the fun in games which need skill because you're forced to learn everything and then become good at it, using the mechanics and reacting appropriately and consistently to different problems which the game throws at you.
So why are you buying a challenging game which needs you to be good at it to properly enjoy and appreciate? You're not making any sense. Are you stupid?

Attached: souls.jpg (728x920, 157K)

Way too preachy and sjw-y

Attached: 220px-Vampyr_cover.jpg (220x318, 12K)

Not at all, Yea Forums is just filled with raging queers. In fact its the totally reasonable thing to do. It's hilarious how many posts you see here saying things like "THIS GAME WAS OBJECTIVELY TERRIBLE, I SHOULD KNOW SINCE I SUBJECTED MYSELF TO 100 HOURS OF IT."

I assumed it would be somewhat similar to the soulsborne games in difficulty

since you just seem to be looking for something to mindlessly consume easily

I still have one more ending and a couple unlocks left for cheevos on Sekiro but it's getting tedious running through the same places with no variation.

Love the story and all the characters, but man I dropped this game after 2 hours of playing and just watched the cutscenes. It would have worked better as a turnbased game, but there's too much going on in each battle and it's just annoying to play in general

Attached: IMG_9174.png (754x960, 1.15M)

>Souls games
>Challenging
Reddit, leave.

I dropped Alan Wake because after the first hour or so it becomes really boring and repetitive, and I suspected I wasn't going to enjoy the plot.
I watched the rest on Youtube and it's kind of what I thought it was going to be. I doubt I'll ever finish it. I really liked how the game looked and felt at the very beginning, but after a bit it's just too repetitive.

Borderlands 2, got it to play with a friend but I find it to be mostly a slog seeing as the gunplay isn't even that fun and most of the jokes are hit or miss. The worst part is the bullet sponge enemies.

They're about as challenging as sekiro

It was hard before you got gud.

>listen to OST
>like the dueling aspect and constant boss battles
>try it out
>controls are unresponsive
>jump sometimes delays
>camera bugs out of the arena
I can't even remember when was the last time I dropped a game this hard.

Attached: kwol4hj9kk901.jpg (1200x630, 155K)

Videogames are a manchild hobby, and objectively speaking literally every videogame is easy by definition. Relative to MOST other vidya these days though, souls games are challenging.

A very slow whack-a-mole game?

If you haven't beat the Genichiro refight on top of Ashina Castle do that and come back. That's the point where the game comes together for you if it hasn't before.

Attached: 1539480807604.png (853x704, 35K)

Riveting gameplay. I also liked that epic slo-mo kill cam on that completely unimpressive kill.

Regardless of your personal evaluation of the games difficulty, the series has a reputation for it's challenge which is the point

Also you can cheese Demon of Hatred by getting him stuck on a tree, climbing a tower and jumping onto a roof to get him to commit gravity seppuku

I dropped 999 because it was boring as fuck and the puzzles were too easy. Fuck this board for always hyping it up. Puzzle games are only fun when they make you feel smart. When everything is dirt easy it might as well be a VN.

Have sex or go to reddit.
I said fairly challenging, not challenging so you're not quoting me.
Challenging also means to 'test one's abilities' which the game does as you need to learn and use its mechanics.
In an ocean of mindless games to be consumed like movies the souls games are fairly challenging.

>playing with kbm: great aiming, shitty dodge
>playing with gamepad: terrible aiming, good dodge
Controls really pissed me off in this game. Dropped.

another faggot filtered

How would people who find From shit hard ever survive this ?

Sekiro was piss easy after getting a few health upgrades.

Haha he only cares about video games and not fucking the girl on his couch. Thats epic, casuals BTFO!

Isshin was fulfilling Genichiro's final wish by fighting you. He actually has no malice whatsoever.
The lore is the best part you brainlet. The gameplay is just set dressing.
This, but unironically.

>controls are unresponsive
lol wut?

I'm not one to shill indieshit, but I never experienced any of those issues in Furi and I think you may just be bad at the game. The only flaw I could list is that some boss phases are too slow regardless of your skill/experience, and that is a big flaw, but also literally the only flaw.

Attached: report.png (211x120, 7K)

Dropped Dragon's Dogma because my friend gifted me Yakuza 0

the bosses have a central gimmick around them, some are super aggressive and you need to deflect only, some are super defensive and you have to whittle down their vitality until you can do shit

as a general rule of thumb hit them 2 times and see what they do next, if they flinch you ought to be aggressive, if they barely give a shit its time to gtfo

>beat vanilla
>really cool but something is missing
>download rebalance mod
>holy shit.jpeg
>prosthetics are cool as fuck now
>weapon arts can be used more than 1 time
>can revbind multiple weapon arts to the keyboard with cheat engine
>mod out BANG sound when doing criticals
>mod out YOOO sound when discovered
>mod in tenchu ambient music
>game is suddenly pure kino

based mods saving vidya

>>mod in tenchu ambient music
>>game is suddenly pure kino
It really is, hiring Asakura to do his magic would have made this game MUCH better, just modding in his Tenchu or Way of the Samurai tracks make the game 11/10.
streamable.com/ufvpp

>story/lore/setting is literally more generic than fucking dark souls which is just "dude pseudomedieval yurop with undead curses"

BRAVO FROMSOFT

this is the #1 reason I dropped it, the whole thing is just so fucking forgettable

i felt that it was easier than ds games
but again sekiro bosses are so easy to abuse
they are also very susceptible to running around
and even if you die its not a problem because you barely need gold anyway
i used crackers once and didn't even buy umbrella
idk but i would assume that getting damage on block was the way it should be played, but they changed it because it would be too hard