Apparently you can rank down in mahjong

Apparently you can rank down in mahjong.

Attached: 1558356499578.png (325x240, 82K)

Other urls found in this thread:

mahjongsoul.game.yo-star.com/?room=81252
mahjongsoul.game.yo-star.com/?paipu=190520-794a4113-a657-43cb-bd17-ad30b271cae5_a925629420
mahjongsoul.game.yo-star.com/?room=94141
youtu.be/U3dBH9hRNPo?t=128
mahjong.wikidot.com/furiten
arcturus.su/wiki/Fu
mahjongsoul.game.yo-star.com/?room=97547
mahjongsoul.game.yo-star.com/?room=28374
lmgtfy.com/?q=furiten
mahjongsoul.game.yo-star.com/?room=39766
mahjongsoul.game.yo-star.com/?room=52742
mahjongsoul.game.yo-star.com/?room=52353
mahjongsoul.game.yo-star.com/?room=73532
files.catbox.moe/buhmat.webm
dainachiba.github.io/RiichiBooks/
mahjongsoul.game.yo-star.com/?room=60381
mahjongsoul.game.yo-star.com/?room=65140
mahjongsoul.game.yo-star.com/?room=91132
youtu.be/7_WWz2DSnT8
youtube.com/watch?v=8l3VInLvBPc&list=PL02AF2AF6871F4026&index=1
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

expert and above

>spent $35 aud so far
>sakura/dark flame victories, green tile back, enough gifts for level 4 bond with hag, and the maid

Since I already have the decorations/character I want, should I stop buying jade and just take the slow path of grind to getting hag's alternate skin? My next VIP rank gets me the 10 wishing stones and 100 stardust I need for the skin bundle, but that'll cost me like another $30.

So is copper only good for playing in Silver?
Also, what to use glasses and the other stuff on? The currency in this game is so fucking confusing.

You have 5 seconds to figure out all five waits for this hand.

Attached: 1558323811316.png (1506x198, 219K)

>>spent $35 aud so far

Attached: 049.jpg (500x330, 23K)

You should have all the event items if you do all the quest daily no?

>>spent $35 aud so far

Attached: O1GtFiV[1].jpg (453x465, 27K)

basically, you use copper to buy gifts and dust them to exchange for summon scrolls.

The buy-in goes up as you participate in higher tier rooms.
Event currency is exchanged in the event rewards area, doesn't sound confusing to me.

Gifts are for
A: If you don't have the waifu/decorations you want for your peak cosmetic mahjong experience, donate your gifts for stardust to get summon scrolls so you can try to roll them
B: If you have your desired waifu, give them their preferred gifts to pump up their bond to unlock voicelines/skins/emotes, and donate non-preferred gifts so you can keep farming for decorations. If you're set on decorations then obviously just dump all your gifts into the waifu until she's max bond.
Copper is useful for buying specific items (spheres) that you need to unlock your waifu's skin at the end, go look up what they need - you need 20 spheres of two certain types and they cost 50k copper each.

1, 2, 3, 4, 7 ez

Tempted to roll Gotcha again. I got no characters the first time.

Attached: 60491202_2703488333055959_2917010722221195264_n.jpg (960x646, 99K)

there are people in this thread (((right now))) who have spent literal hundreds of dollars on this game to get their waifu's skin in the first week so stay off my case dorks

5, 6, south

The quiz is better if you didn't say 5 waits.

It took me 5s to figure out the wait for this hand the first time i seen it.
Granted i read the complex wait artice on wiki some day ago though.

you can hold up and wait for something special later on

Majsoul Friends Room 81252(4-Player South): mahjongsoul.game.yo-star.com/?room=81252

standard rule

>expert 3

I HATE IT

Mahjong Soul Game Log: mahjongsoul.game.yo-star.com/?paipu=190520-794a4113-a657-43cb-bd17-ad30b271cae5_a925629420

>stay off my case dorks

Attached: ac17e809a2302e4309dff943e85f8f13[1].jpg (608x811, 42K)

do not reply to gach police.

Attached: aiharamai-12smile.png (240x240, 88K)

>35 gotcha rolls
>0 characters
>3 decorations

Attached: 0995231782.jpg (1280x720, 114K)

I wish there's unranked room.
I want to play without pressure of losing shitload of ranks and coppers.

I spent $5 for the title and only got shitty gift from gacha.
And you can buy Wishing Stone for really cheap, though. 1/roll with the bonus currency. The hard one is getting Spheres. I hate that it's hag event, but none of the sphere rewards are usable for the hag. I hate a lot of spheres from silver chest but NONE of them are for hag. I HATE IT.

>South 4, in 4th place and dealer
>Same guy deals into my obvious open full flush all triplets twice in a row
>Baiman, then Sanbaiman
>Win with 70k points.
"All Last is only the beginning" indeed.

Attached: 1557486342978.png (559x370, 161K)

>his favorite character isn't cat or hag
hah

have you tried the 5x free summons?

best point of stopping is the 200% bond bonus from matches which is 1000/6 = 166.66 usd

Attached: Desktop 2019.05.17 - 02.38.17.31.mp4.1.webm (960x540, 2.37M)

What happens to getting Bond exp after match once you 5 Hearts them?

You get free summons?

tall beer lady is the best I'm sorry.

yeah I paid for the 20 pack and the 10 pack I have another 5 summons next month but the 5 I did this month sucked too

>free
what?

donate gifts for dust then exchange for summon scrolls

Woke up to see the previous thread archived, and found a screenshot of some user with the Cat Food Supplier title. If you see this, do you remember approximately how much USD it ended up taking?

>got cucked out of first place with a dealers yakuman

Attached: g.png (1680x941, 1.56M)

but I need gifts to level up my bond. It's 88000 in total for fucks sake.

Think of it in raw numbers, you can spend a maximum of 250 stardust on summoning per month, and ignoring preferred gift bonuses a gift is 200 bond per stardust. So you can miss out on a maximum of 50,000 bond per month if you donate as much as you need to, which means if you play enough to get more than 250 stardust worth of gifts per month (which is a ton), you can spend the excess on your waifu. And if you already have your waifu of choice then summons aren't really a huge deal anyway unless you really want some particle effects or tile backs.

I'm guessing 46789p

1$ is 6 VIP points, the cat food supplier title needs 5000 VIP points.
I'll let you do the math.

Fuck you guys let me win reeeeeee

>two paypigs get godly draws every round for some unknown reason and ron the shit of eachother and one retard for the entire game while i fold every single hand
this happens too often

Attached: a.jpg (1115x799, 236K)

getting 2nd for doing nothing is the best though

What should I do in this situation to upgrade her f2p?
100 dusts and 10 wishing stones shouldn't be too hard since I can just keep donating gift to eventually get them all.
But if I do that, I'm not sure if I can grind exp purely by playing the game without gift.
And there's the sphere issue too. It's completely random drop.
Maybe I should just feed all the non-preferred Purple gifts to her?

Attached: now.jpg (760x725, 72K)

>>paypigs get godly draws every round
hmmm I wonder why

Why are Mahjong kiddies the worst posters on the board?

Your opinion means jackshit when e-celeb worshippers exist mouthbreathing faglord.

what do you think the chances are that people who are already actually good at the game that's been around for centuries would be more willing to spend money on cosmetics in a game they don't have to worry about being shit and ragequitting at

Does anything interesting happen with long winning streaks as dealer?

you get chuuren poutou in your 9th wins.

Sadly I ended the game on my 5th.

The real problem is going to be getting the 5 purples gifts. Unless they do a lot of events like the one right now which gives a big diamond you're not going to get it without spending money.

You literal subhuman monkey, stop supporting gacha faggottry by killing yourself and making your parents proud at least once in the shit you call your life

>mahjong getting a bit more popular
>but it's in MMORPG
>but it's gatcha
what kind of monkey paw bullshit is this?

Attached: 1420480917395.png (1000x700, 512K)

100 dusts and 10 wishing stones is 600 dust or 120,000 bond, 157,500 if you include the 5 big diamonds. Considering the whole major reason to hit max bond is to unlock the skin/emotes afterwards, you'll definitely be happy to have this at least almost completed ahead of time - and really by the time you amass those resources you'll probably have gotten a shitload of your waifus bond up without gifts through grinding matches. You can get spheres from the shop for 50,000 copper each, check it daily and buy the ones you need

>what do you think the chances are that people who are already actually good at the game that's been around for centuries would be more willing to spend money on cosmetics in a game they don't have to worry about being shit and ragequitting at
Ridiculously low.

Attached: Eva_green.png (550x381, 205K)

>mahjong game has gambling and rng elements

who would've thought

Attached: twelve fucking dora.jpg (638x933, 306K)

Motherfucker in 4th place fed him a 20k+ hand with like 2 rounds left.
Let me get a sold win once, goddammit.

Attached: dammit.png (1518x893, 1.35M)

cat paw nya

>or 120,000 bond
How did you even get this number?

I can understand winning/not losing consistently in the later parts of the game. That's largely attributed to skill. But dear god, have I seen far too many early riichis to be suspicious. Never liked online mahjong because of this superstition. I hope it's just nonsensical paranoia talking.

I WANT MAHJONG TO BE POPULAR ON Yea Forums
>granted but its riddled with chinks
>also the threads will attract brainlet waifufags and gachaniggers that will ron each other into tanyaos every time you play with them

Attached: images (22).jpg (512x384, 26K)

>12 fucking dora
what the FUCK

>Someone is good at Mahjong
>That means they are probably committed, not lazy, and they put effort into whatever they are doing
>By extension, that means they aren't poor, because the only people who are poor are those who don't have any of the mentioned qualities
>They have enough money to spend on things they enjoy because they don't have to live on welfare checks
It actually makes perfect sense.

How exactly did it happen? Losing streak on 0 points or rather demotion on first loss that hit bottom?

What if I 5/5 Bonds ahead of time, not converting any gifts into dust and feeding them all to my character instead.
What's going to happen with Bond exp that I get after match? wasted exp? I won't get anything since I already max'd it?

200 bond gift gets you 1 stardust
1 stardust is worth 200 bond
100 stardust is worth 20,000 bond

1 wishing stone can be acquired from 1 faith after 1 summon
1 summon costs 50 stardust, aka 10,000 bond
10 wishing stones can be gotten from 10 summons for 500 stardust, aka 100,000 bond

100,000 bond from 10 wishing stones and 20,000 bond from 100 stardust is 120,000 bond

I haven't hit 5/5 yet, but I imagine that yes, the bond exp afterwards doesn't do anything. Maybe in a perfect world excess bond exp gets converted into progress towards your next loot chest from matches, but I doubt it

Guys help, ever since paying I've only received godlike hands. All my games are so boring because I can't stop winning. What should I do?

Attached: 325 USD.jpg (1605x893, 381K)

You lose rank when you're at 0 ranking points and lose.

Yea Forums mahjong players are actually braindead and embarrassing. It's all filled with white cucks that think this game is 8D chess.

Nothing you said makes any sense. The fuck are you even on about? People that actually good at mahjong will play with either the hag or the cat because it's inconsequential what .png you have as an avatar.

Attached: the_risotto_is_fucking_cold.png (350x429, 211K)

You seem to have bought the wrong character, now you need to roll 150 more times user!

>projecting this hard
No need to be so insecure about both your mahjong skill and financial capability user.

Attached: kujouriu-8.png (240x240, 91K)

How do you guys deal with when your hand starts getting overwhelmed with possibilities ?

Attached: 1422905015515.jpg (745x1173, 137K)

My last game I want on that 3rd-6th turn riichi rampage and wiped the table and I'm miserly as shit. It just happens sometimes, you just get out of the way when someone's riding the wave.

learn to count han and go for the thickest one

Parenchan isn't enabled in majsoul so no free yakuman on dealer rampage.

Hand too good to be true? Sacrifice it to the tanyao gods to gain favor.

>only I can make up shit to justify my point
Ok.

Discard efficiently. Dropping good forms because you have a possibility of a bigger yaku is how you lose or end up in furiten.

>here since channology
>still get baited
Merde

Attached: 1538266256640.png (342x245, 100K)

>People that actually good at mahjong will play with either the hag or the cat

Attached: nadeshiko-1.png (240x240, 71K)

I need someone to confirm this. If bond exp just become a waste, then it's too bad.

Just Washizu things. Interestingly enough the moments videos of mahjsoul have some similar shit in them. Like double riichis for kokushi.

bond exp afterwards coalesces into a generic gift I think.

>player friendly online mahjong game with great UI and helpful cues
>but it's gacha so it's shit
I thought we're done with this shit

Attached: Yagi_Yui-7.png (100x100, 18K)

Do NOT use copper to buy gifts. Use copper to play in higher lobbies for chests.

Thanks for letting me win 1 game guys gotta go.

what a wild ride
gg

Attached: 1454070992230.gif (500x280, 1.63M)

Oh god dammit

Attached: edrfg.png (1674x940, 1.63M)

fake win

that is pretty depressing

I had a really shitty day yesterday. Shit like no safe tiles in my hand and the one I dropped always being the winning tile. Stuff like getting into riichii early and never getting dealt my tile, meanwhile stupid fucking nyagger wins with 1 han. Shit like getting no ura doras all day, and opponents getting all the ura dora.
What do you guys do when you get this much in a slump?

Attached: Shit.png (1793x953, 1.99M)

What's more likely? Someone that's good at mahjong and plays majsoul because he likes THE GAME and gives zero shits about waifus, or a scrub gachafag justifying him spending hundreds of didgeridollars on literal air?

Attached: 1552009416056.gif (1280x720, 2.66M)

Go refill some lesbian power maybe? I used to reread akagi/saki when i had like 2 lost in a row.

joke's on you, I don't know what any of that means

people that are good at mahjong and dont care about waifus are playing on ron2 and tenhou.

I had a 10 game or so losing streak (half 3rd and half 4th places) and I just took a couple days break and came back, got a 5 1st places streak a couple matches later. And now im losing again

if he wanted to play mahjong exclusively for mahjong he would be an eternal tenhou fag already

Play a bit on bronze where stakes are lower and set specific goals for matches instead of just a win

if you threw out the shit in your hand someone would have won before you did

Simple. Stop playing for the day.

>What do you guys do when you get this much in a slump?
get mad and keep playing but the answer to take a break and recharge your rng aura

Do you really know if it happened from bad luck, or was it just your poor decision biting back on your ass?

That's exactly what I did, and even now I still feel down about it.
This is a good idea.
Mahjong's crazy ride never ends.
This is a good idea as well. My mindset is never really to "Win" and moreso to work on my efficiency/avoid getting last. So, when I get 4 fourth places in a row, I was fuming by the end of that.

a bit of both

I had a game like this too. Try to get THAT cursed thing and then dont have the last one.

I can own up when I make bad decisions, and yes, some of the plays were poor choices on my end. But if I had to give a ratio, it was 75% bad luck 25% bad choices.
This is my first and longest 4th place streak, I almost never go more than one game in fourth.

I genuinly just put on the Saki OST or rewatch some of my favourite scenes.
It's really effective. No matter how unlucky I'm doing it just makes you wanna keep going.
Playing Yea Forums a friendly also helps.

Isnt this a nagashi mangan?

someone might've called something he played

No new rooms?

The guy on the right pon'd his 2m, so I don't think it'd count.

>Interestingly enough the moments videos of mahjsoul have some similar shit in them.
Please spoonfeed me, this sounds interesting to watch.

Ah, right, someone called the 2m

how the fuck do i win games im at 34 games played 18% winrate. started playing ytd

Attached: Capture.png (1916x997, 1.86M)

mahjongsoul.game.yo-star.com/?room=94141
3/4 South

Attached: n212n.png (304x156, 52K)

tomorrow will be the day

That ratio is still too much user. When you have bad luck even 1 small bad decision can drop you to 4th place. You pretty much required to play perfectly when you have bad luck and not everyone can make good decision while stuck at 4th.
Talking about bad luck make me remember the time when i deal into a suuanko. That was a horrible feeling i dont want to feel again.
i won that game btw

RON RON RON RON RON RON RON ROOOOOOOONNNNNNNNN

Attached: BETA-ENDORPHINES.jpg (1726x960, 368K)

CALM DOWN SIR YOUR BLOOD IS FLOWING OUT!!!

> Be nyaggers
> Bullied by 2 hags and a JS

Fuck em. Also does the music changes when there are 2 reiichi? Mine became a fucking intense rock session

I'll just timestamp a highlight. But there's a lot of good stuff in those

youtu.be/U3dBH9hRNPo?t=128

Pains of the sad grey tenhou grind can't be underestimated I suppose. Also just so you know what people were playing CN as well all this winter but there was no option to pay for anything. I really no joke know several people who play riichi 5+ years and who whaled almost day one with the NA server release.

The riichi music change to the last riichi player's music i think.

I already explained it to you. Majsoul does, of course, attract people who really enjoy all the waifu stuff. But you seem to completely disregard the existence of people who both are really good at mahjong AND love the things that make MJS different from ron2/tenhou, instead insisting that their performance is the result of the system being rigged towards payers, when the occam's razor gives a much simpler answer: people who are really good at mahjong have a really low chance of not being financially stable enough to not consider some 100-200$ on their waifu hobby to be something noticeable. Which in turn results in many good players you encounter in game also having some cosmetic stuff. Why would any good player abandon their tenhou/ron2 profile that existed for years for MJS if it's not for that?

show the rest of the stats
>inb4 70% call rate

wait, you can change the bgm? neat

what's a call rate

Attached: Capture.png (835x601, 294K)

What was the starting hand of the nyagger on the right? Looks like an another tard falling for honitsu trap

this

Attached: 1558143659929.png (927x1422, 783K)

The thing is, skill is only going to get you so far if you lack the luck to draw anything you need. I have had several matches now where the whole thing ended in a matter of minutes because 2 of the players kept winning within 3 or 4 turns. That isn't skill. That is pure luck to start with a hand that good that you're pretty much ready to win off the bat.

Attached: Nyaas_Intensifies.png (927x1422, 902K)

YOU'RE DAMN RIGHT IT IS

Attached: now THIS is mahjong.jpg (1080x720, 152K)

It's the difference between being ron'd and being tsumo'd, you can't stop someone from tusmo no matter how skillful you are.

I see more and more players are getting entrenched in intermediate shithole. Enjoy your stay, this will take a while to climb out.

Attached: 1530661125269.jpg (800x600, 58K)

When do I get the pointy chin?

Is this 5p mark the mark of a mahjong god!?

Attached: nikaidoumiki-3.png (240x240, 78K)

battle bond (40 East 60 South) accumulates into a blue 100 bond exp 5 dust gift. So yeah by portions of 40 or 60 till 1000.

So it's better to just feed everything for Bond EXP ASAP and get even more gifts from after-match bond exp, then?

your getting ron'd rate is pretty high

Even considering that I started learning Mahjong with these threads and being a small margin, realizing I have got 4th the most is a bit disheartening

Attached: stats.jpg (867x692, 122K)

play east

*blue 1000 bond exp gift heart

explain furiten, I think I understand it but I am not sure it is correct.

Do you get furiten when you discard a tile before richii that could of been your win condition? Then is it okay not to richii?

One more!

is that just me being unlucky or me being a retard? is it both? fuck me

How do I get out of the hole?

>not the Magical Sands version

Furiten has nothing to do with riichi.

So, what's the strategy here?
Donate all gifts into dust or feed all gifts to get max bond first?

Grab yourself a nice fistful of sand

Attached: 1445832212953.png (250x296, 46K)

Could be both, just gotta dodge what you can dodge and take risks if the gain is worth it.

This is normal if you start without any experience user.
Try learning how to defense, read the dainachiba book and your game will get better for sure!
ready to fall into the hole after you start reading stuff tho

Attached: 1556389752497.png (1333x1000, 479K)

Some of them were tsumos but a lot of them were Rons and if somebody riichis within just a few turns, it's pretty difficult to gauge what they're waiting on because their discard has so little information and you may not even have tiles that look safe based on what little info there is anyway so you just have to toss something out there and pray. If they start with something that they don't even need to riichi for, or they really only needed to call to complete one particular set and then they hit tenpai, then all bets are off because you have no way of knowing at all at that point. The best you can do is guess what their hand may be based on the meld they just made but if it's a prevailing wind, seat wind, or dragon, then once again, you have no clue because just about anything works at that point.

A skilled player is going to be able to defend more consistently, sure, but my point is still that some players just get obscenely lucky right off the bat and there's fuck all you can do about it.

thank you, I was under the impression that richii and furiten had a condition together.

mahjong.wikidot.com/furiten

You really can't view mahjong in the short term, luck is going to create good streaks or bad streaks so average performance is usually what would be measured.

No one is denying luck exist.
Luck is not the determining factor in how you are as a player, or how the game on average plays.

You literally can't complain about luck if you play East games.

it's normal to deal in when you never defend
betaori isn't just for pussies you know

I think, work on a certain free character in peace but if we get a big nicer event - dust the event drops for summons. Feed only 150% exp gifts, dust the rest because you need all that dust for the 10 summons = wishing stones anyway. We get free 50k every once in awhile - use that on your char of choice orb maybe. Abuse the free daily money once you are in the gold room, that would be a gift every 2 days - if you don't play much - or use the coppers to progress the aftergame chests.

how do i defend?

it is for pussies

>betaori isn't just for pussies

Attached: 1557062046890.png (1512x1912, 1.25M)

you don't look very manly with your 4th place desu senpai

Attached: 1454568141690.jpg (276x294, 21K)

Betaori is the definition of a pussy move.
That being said, it is the correct thing to do in most situations.

>work on a certain free character
well, my waifu is the free character anyway

> Feed only 150% exp gifts, dust the rest
Why? If I reach max bond first, I'll get more gifts to convert into dust in the long term, no?

> Abuse the free daily money once you are in the gold room
how? I'm already in Gold room. I have to be in welfare for that.
And gift is 75000. welfare isn't even close to that.

What the fuck is furiten???? It says that I can't ron on a previous discard what does that mean???

Is there an easy way to memorize fu calculation? Points are easy to calculate at mangan or above, but it's the low han hands that get complicated and I'd want to learn for playing offline.

You just answered your own question

>what does that mean???
you might be gay

Attached: SEX.png (1110x699, 869K)

I don't get it? I'm a typical Yea Forums mahjong poster and I'm too retarded to understand what it means.

I could see it as pussy if you just predict a huge ass damaten just because you see no dora around and someone tsumogiris for the third time. BUT how's it pussy if there's a fag with 4 calls in pins tanki waiting on hmmm what could it be, and the wall gifted you a stray pin?

>almost had a Chinitsu
>would've had it if I hadn't changed my wait
FUCK

If any tile you've discarded can complete your current hand, you are furiten and can't ron a win until you change your wait to be not furiten. ex. if you've discarded 1p before but later on end up with a 23 waiting on 1 or 4p you are furiten. You are still furiten even if 1p is no yaku(like it's a tanyao only hand).

Seriously, how can someone be this fucking stupid?

Attached: dfgh.png (1679x943, 1.62M)

How does this bond gift thing work? Do I need all the materials on hand, or do I just feed those to her one at a time or what?

thinking they cannot be waiting on a single is such a pitfall I keep falling in

HUH???? What does that mean though? Like I see a red tile and I have no idea what the red tile means.

The counting fu in this page is pretty easy to understand user. Just print it out and use it until you used to it i guess
arcturus.su/wiki/Fu

What are the marks of a complete beginner that you've learned to spot after years of playing mahjong?
A few I can think of are:
>calling all the time
>particularly when it doesn't even reduce your shanten
>always call dragons/winds even with good hands
>physically unable of discarding closed pairs/triplets even when it makes sense
>when having a 556 shape, discarding the 6 instead of the 5 99% of the time
>riichi as soon as it's possible no matter the wait
But, most important of all
>goes for kokushi musou every time they start with 6 honors or more (even non-unique)

Attached: 05.[Tsunami.Logo].[Cyborg.009].[Dvd.Jap.-.Audio.Ita.Jap].mkv.avi_snapshot_04.42_[2016.02.27_16.53.57 (357x346, 20K)

And then they dealt in to the player across and dora 12 died to like a 1000 point hand or something, I can't remember.

Attached: kannnnnnnnn.png (1197x637, 854K)

Why can't my games be filled with these guys...

>And gift is 75000
I mean 15k gifts. Once I'm over 15k I go and spend it and claim 9k back, looks like a great deal to me.
>If I reach max bond first, I'll get more gifts to convert into dust in the long term, no?
You are right, there's no loss in exp like this except you wait for that blue gift for like 15 games. Yeah, the min-maxing here is meaningless.

Majsoul Friends Room 97547(4-Player South): mahjongsoul.game.yo-star.com/?room=97547

south standard

Attached: 1553152458715.png (906x907, 278K)

>goes for kokushi musou every time they start with 6 honors or more (even non-unique)
Probably this but with hon'itsu/chin'itsu.
There's a staggering amount of retards that think it's a good idea to start discarding everything but one suit when you have like 5-6 of them.
Another mistake they make is thinking unpaired word tiles "count" for the purposes of those hands, when in reality you'll have to discard all of them most of the time.

Attached: 1301823484945.jpg (700x800, 422K)

>wahaha
Now that's what I would call a nickname hiding a person of great taste behind it

What did he mean by this?

Attached: 1448277075732.jpg (339x245, 20K)

yes

>physically unable of discarding closed pairs/triplets even when it makes sense
This is something I'm still having a hard time to do. I can part with pairs, but never with triplets.

>always call dragons/winds even with good hands
Why shouldn't one not call dragon/wind? What use is a pair of them?

He dced right?

That's if you actually get 1st and win copper.
Even getting 3rd is a big loss in Gold.
And 15000 gift is so worthless, is it even worth getting it?

Why should I go for honitsu if my hand looks like this for example:
14m 6p 33457s ESSWhGR

What's furiten?

It ended the match, but he probably lost a lot of chinaman credits over it.

I've never luckshitted this hard before

Attached: outskilled.png (900x1976, 2.06M)

It's worth one han. You can achieve the same amount of han with Riichi. Not only you get the han with Riichi, you may also get extra han from Ura Dora.

what the FUCK guys how come my double riichi put me in "furiten"?

Saki please.

Attached: Saki - 18 (3).webm (960x540, 2.62M)

You didn't call Ron when you had the chance. Would've gotten a Yakuman or whatever is the value for calling Ron on the first discard.

You should have hit the big ass "tsumo" button instead of the "double free sex" button

Discard 1m and some useless wind tile and see.

>Why shouldn't one not call dragon/wind? What use is a pair of them?
Because unless you're in first and you want to run away with the win by burning rounds, calling a yakuhai usually makes your hand worthless.
Like 90% of yaku are worth more when your hand is closed, and you don't get riichi, tsumo and uradora with your hand open.
Even when you start with a pair of honors, it's often a good idea to drop them at some point if your hand is progressing towards a pinfu/tanyao/riichi shape.

Yakuhai have their role (like when you have a lot of dora/other yaku and you want to get your win fast), but those are rarer.
Yakuhai are much better off left alone most of the time.

No.
You'll almost surely drop all of those honors when they fail to form pairs.
For all intents and purposes, you shouldn't count unpaired honors as part of your hand when it comes to deciding where to take it.

The meter for hon/chin'itsu being viable is starting with at least 7-8 tiles of the suit you're targeting.

if I see something like (23 68 pin WW) (other suits) (other honors) and I don't need a big hand I go for it right from the start. And if it's a dora suit I go for it even if already know my kamicha is a prude kunt who won't feed me.

A good meter of judgement is asking yourself:
>If I could call everything I could from this hand, would I be in tenpai?
If the answer is no, don't do it.

Dunno. I got to the voice lines (old acc from a chink server) and now working on wishing stones so I dust EVERYTHING I see.

pls stahp

Attached: orthodox monk.jpg (466x349, 17K)

forcing honitsu, stuff like discarding 3-7 tile immediately because it's the only tile from that suit in their hand

Attached: 1507139985442.png (638x589, 495K)

Can someone.explain why I can't call Ron? There was something that said furiten on my screen

stop baiting and stop falling for the bait you idiots

Fuck off already.

>discarding 3-7 tile immediately because it's the only tile from that suit in their hand
Makes me flabbergasted every single time I see it happen.
I get that the power of 3 and 7 isn't immediately obvious to a beginner, but are they expecting to cut out that entire suit from their tiles for the rest of the hand?

Attached: 1499550856399.png (620x640, 260K)

>2 white dragons in your discard
>2 1 mans in toimen's discard
>2 green dragon in kamicha's discard
>he doesn't hear the voice of chitoitsu

Attached: 12930289329.jpg (640x480, 15K)

How does furiten work? I'm really confused.

>playing East only
>52% call rate
>near 20% deal-in rate
Stop discarding unsafe tiles when people are in riichi
Stop playing East and play South games
Stop calling unless it puts you in tenpai

it's easy, first they get rid of single manzu, after that they can get rid off other suit for delicious 3han hand
and when you remove honors it's 6 han!

Attached: 1452379532995.png (471x331, 147K)

Damn, I really am still a beginner for never considering those factors. Thanks for the lesson.

If your hand could possibly win on a tile you've already discarded, you are in furiten.

I tried to force honitsu and it worked out fine!

Attached: 1558046854589.png (442x293, 93K)

I don't get how the fuck this incredibly simple rule stumps so many people I swear to god.

>I AM IN TENPAI
GOOD
>I AM WAITING ON 3 DIFFERENT TILES
GOOD
>I HAVE DISCARDED ONE OF THEM IN THE PAST
FURITEN
>BUT I HAVE 2 OTHER WAITS!
STILL FURITEN

Listen up you fucking het
Furiten is really simple
If ANY of the tiles you are waiting on to win was discarded by (You) during this hand, you're in furiten.
THE END

Attached: 7b2.jpg (569x571, 172K)

>Why shouldn't one not call dragon/wind?
Because 1 han hand is shit.

Dear lord russel, you fucking killed us

ggs

I'm never getting out. I gain points yesterday, today I lost some, and the next day I gain what I lost. Is it bad luck? Incompetence? Bad luck and incompetence?

Attached: Screenshot (136)_LI.jpg (1195x871, 173K)

when u trynna have the akagi experience but end up having the kaiji roller coaster instead

this is me though lmao

tfw you know your discard is going to get ron'd, but you can't escape reality

thanks, my dude.

Attached: 1557754521021.jpg (500x375, 41K)

Well, that may be your flow coming back then. You never dealt anything to anyone the whole session

hail lord king russel
new room

Majsoul Friends Room 28374(4-Player South): mahjongsoul.game.yo-star.com/?room=28374

south standard rules
room code 28374

Attached: join.png (1415x1033, 1.24M)

Good fun, thanks for the games.

Attached: mpc-hc64_2019-05-20_06-03-57.jpg (1068x606, 140K)

>In some variations the player who discarded the dragon tile that completes the third pung/kong when two are already melded, pays the full value of the hand for all players, if that player wins on a self-drawn tile. In the case that another player discards the winning tile to this player, the payment is split amongst the two.

Attached: yuko 1.jpg (702x692, 90K)

gg qt pleasure playing with you again

If you do dumb things, you sometimes have to pay up for them.

>pung
>kong
>chow

Attached: 1493105101796.jpg (599x605, 66K)

I don't get it. What's tanyao or furiten? I keep getting these two and I googled it but I still don't get it.

AMJ nomenclature is truly a disgusting thing to behold.

everything just to not be like those disgusting yellow roaches

Reminds me that the tournament in Saki is rigged for her because sekinin barai applies to rinshan. As in the guy who gave the tile to form an open kan that ends in rinshan pays full price.

lmgtfy.com/?q=furiten

>drew 10 end tiles in a row
>again

Attached: 1542722676862.png (700x700, 69K)

the cat girl gets bonus favor from cookies, right?

Attached: 1551485129694.png (805x749, 218K)

Game? Is it good place to start Mahjong?

Attached: 1545469909450.png (1280x1057, 492K)

Mahjongsoul, and I guess but you would be better served looking up guides online.

Are you white?

>Red tiles and green mat
You are a man of taste user. I thought that these red tiles look very festive and in-theme with the chinese-only christmas mat theme, but the plain green one gives off the same vibe with red tiles.

Black people dont use Yea Forums

Attached: 1395946918618.png (199x211, 8K)

I don't get it what does chi, kan, pon mean?

How do you choose decorations?

White people should stop. It's getting embarrassing and honestly it's just disgusting.

Funny how once I saw the second place feeding the third dragon pon and then the last one continued to push his 4k hand fighting for the third all the way until he finally completed the daisangen dude. Jesus, like he was automatically third but not anymore.

I tried playing a game but the other guy keeps winning through my tile. I don't know how he keeps doing it. Is he cheating?

Yeah the ol' being better cheat.

Guys stop replying to obvious bait, it's the same autist that's mad that new people are playing this game.

newfags get in mahjongsoul.game.yo-star.com/?room=39766

Attached: 1527164861123.png (653x766, 477K)

What's his beef? It's not our fault that newfags especially waifu/gacha newfags are actually the most braindead retarded people the world has ever seen.

3/4

Wait what the fuck are these settings.

rejoin 91286
what the fuck

What's bad about them?

>minimum 50000 points to win
I don't know about this, mate.

How do you think clever people come to be? It's stupid people lie me flexing their brain muscles in continuous matter. Based mahjong provides all young smooth brain needs.

>60s
>50,000 minimum points.

mahjongsoul.game.yo-star.com/?room=52742
fuck you all

ggs

host here, gotta go eat some lunch to fuel more death. thanks for the games

>700-800 open tanyaos to close a game

Nigga I'm here to have fun and practice for the real thing, not play an interminable game with cats.

Nigga I bet you think brain age actually makes you smart hahahahahaha

>one dude shows up and goes
>second dude does the same
>third does the same
>could start the game if all 3 were patient
>all bitch about rules
fuck this game

Attached: mahjong benefits.png (278x263, 63K)

a super casual game for all the brainlets, losers and misfits

two wind
60sec thinking time

mahjongsoul.game.yo-star.com/?room=52353

One more!

60s really is way too long

Attached: FA8830B5-DDB0-4F74-B541-F1DA51EEC0C3.gif (1000x1000, 27K)

Yo, iust started playing mahjong yesterday.
I couldn't call Ron and I'm so confused why it didn't work.

I hate my dad. My dad is a gay piece of shit.

Attached: Ron_Weasley_WB_F1_Ron_with_Scabbers_on_shoulder_00393692.jpg (1200x1670, 262K)

A) You were in furiten, and are stupid because the game tells you when you are in furiten.
or
B) You weren't even in tenpai which would be doubly stupid because the game tells you when you're in tenpai.

always go for choitoi

And I wouldn't ever use that time past the first move, I just don't like being forced into 20sec thinking time before I can understand what hand I can go for.

you didn't fulfill a yaku in other words you didn't have a winning hand. check open tanyao (or all simples) for a hand that will always work.

Attached: Ronald.jpg (318x159, 4K)

Cute, what's his dan?

Had a game where this one dude took 20 seconds to make a move, It went on for like an hour and half.

>check open tanyao (or all simples) for a hand that will always work.
>breeding more nyaggers
At least tell him to riichi, Christ.

Attached: Ron-Weasley-Pictures-From-Harry-Potter-Movies.jpg (1024x768, 87K)

forever 3/4

How is he going to riichi with open tanyao? Do you even know how to play?

What does furiten or Tenpai mean?
I don't get what you mean by tanyao. This game is so complex WTF

I'm not patient enough for majsoul. The thinking timer + animations make a single round feel longer than a whole game on tenhou. Also, on tenhou I'm willing to betaori, but I feel like it would be a disgrace if I started defending vs these chink shitters.

Attached: 1558139551163.png (326x506, 78K)

Attached: 220px-Ron_Weasley_poster.jpg (220x293, 14K)

That's why I said don't tell him to go for "how to lose at mahjong: the hand" in the first place, you dip.

I read riichibook and the mahjong guide and I still don't understand the point of Nakabukure.
If I have 3445 I don't understand why drawing a 4 would be helpful, what am I not seeing here.

Dynaman guide is gone. What can i link newfags now ?

At first I was mad but both my winning tiles were in the dead wall. Now I'm just disappointed.

Also if my starting hand has a kan, should I call it or keep it hidden until I'm in tenpai and hope for that sweet Rishan Kaihou?

Attached: fuck.png (1677x943, 1.76M)

Riichi Book I

I assume because you have a choice of triplet straight a chance at a kan or pair if needed. Or get in a better chance for same straight

That shape turns the 2, 4, and 6 tiles into useful tiles. 2 and 6 are useful because you make a sequence and a 45 or 34 partial-sequence. 4 is useful because you can use that as your pair.

3 and 5 would be also useful, since it would form a meld+ryanmen shape with an ippeiko potential.

nakabukure turns into two forms really easily, that's the use of it. Basically you are sitting with a hand with 4 dinaman blocks including pair but it's not one of the lonesome tiles which gave you the fifth form but this thingo, and you are supposed to just roll with it even though two forms intersect.

What does furiten mean? I should've won a game but apparently it was because of a furiten?

I googled it and it said "you cannot call Ron on your own discard". What does that mean?

Is it worth investing time to learn the rules of mahjong and practicing? It seems complex. There's no local scene in my country so I'd only be able to play online. If it's not something spectacularly fun then it's not worth my time

Furiten refers to any case where you can't win by ron. This happens when:
- when waiting for the last stone to finish your hand, if ANY of the stones that you could win on is in your discard, you can't win by ron at all (even on a different stone!)
- when somebody discarded a stone you could win on, but you don't ron, then you can't ron until the turn comes back to you (tsumo is still kosher tho)

Red fives are just worth one more yaku when you finish a valid hand, just like dora. You gonna have to read up on Riichi Mahjong rules tho, this isn't as trivial as chinese mahjong.

Attached: 1550958524295.jpg (1112x1060, 77K)

is mahjong harder than poker?

That's a dumb fucking rule. why is this game always adding stupid shit?

Stupid nips and Japanese play Mahjong. Stick to poker americanfag

>pic
Don't post that shit in my thread.

Attached: 1557514876542.jpg (558x744, 48K)

Majsoul Friends Room 73532(4-Player South): mahjongsoul.game.yo-star.com/?room=73532

south standard rules
room code 73532

if the room is full and it's been

Attached: 34p.png (497x371, 269K)

Thank you, I completely get it now. I was trying to figure it out on my own for a while.
Mahjong makes me feel mentally slow. Not inadequate just unimaginative. I just learned about Nobetan and repeatedly think "why did I not make the obvious connection and discover this on my own sooner"

post pics or didn't happen

Attached: 306-27.png (188x241, 26K)

time to rewatch tetsuya

FUCKING KOROMO ALWAYS, ALWAYS EARLY RIICHI ALL THE FUCKING TIME.
FUCKING P2W GAME I SWEAR.

Oh, it's you again.

to make you suffer

Attached: 1557783180137.png (278x263, 63K)

>
>
>

>/msoul/
Yuck

guies

Attached: ERC.jpg (540x540, 53K)

Game still hasn't been out a month yet in NA, stop trying to force shit you hate to /vg/.

The rule exists so 3 dudes cant gank up on a single player

Its harder to learn every mahjong rule, but easier to play at a amateur level.
Poker players are very tryhard

>adding
Dude the current riichi rules have existed for decades. Are you going to complain when playing poker or rummy online about "adding stupid shit"?

Attached: 1549647231910.jpg (793x469, 103K)

no

Attached: Easy.jpg (600x709, 102K)

I'd rather play poker. Imagine spending money on a stock windows game, when you could be gambling.

Attached: 1556860885142.jpg (240x240, 26K)

>kan into quadruple dora
bros...

Attached: 42345265.png (1409x788, 964K)

Cut the weakest half-melds. Remember you can only ever have four, so just think of which ones you have, which ones you want, and throw the other ones away.

wish me luck

Attached: f2p hell.jpg (1178x461, 132K)

Please tell me if I'm retarded here but is Furiten sort of broken in this game or what? It seems I've been in Furiten over the dumbest shit that shouldn't have put me there to begin with. As an example, I have a 7 8 of a suit in my hand but all I can actually in off of is a 6 because all simples. I discarded a 9 at one point because as I said, my only option is all simples so the wait for a 9 gives me nothing but because it was an option for "completing" my hand, it still puts me in Furiten and I can't Ron the 6.

Likewise, I've had similar situations where I was going for a full straight and I discarded an extra of a tile for that suit I didn't need but it stuck me in Furiten because I was technically sitting on a two tile wait, even though one of the tiles wouldn't have gotten me any yaku. Is that seriously a Furiten rule I wasn't aware of or is this game's Furiten check slightly broken?

Attached: wut cruise.gif (400x277, 1.93M)

inb4 blue gift

>two shit games filled with dealing in during my own riichi and people ready to win in the first line of discards
>Deal-in rate skyrockets from 10% to 13%
God fucking damnit now everyone looking at my stats will think I'm a fucking nyagger

Attached: 129667802.jpg (245x204, 17K)

If any tiles in your wait is in your discard pile then your whole hand is in furiten.

Furiten literally never happens if you're discarding tiles efficiently.
If you happen to end up in furiten often, it means you're still really bad at the game and aren't discarding while thinking of the future past "Muh terminals and honors must be purged"

Ok, ignore that quote. Not sure how I managed that. My questions still stands though.

You're going to get blue gift. Better feed your waifu with those gifts worth over 10k exp.

How can one be this butthurt about a mahjong game?

fuck you

Attached: 2 weeks of grinding.jpg (1701x854, 167K)

Attached: ichihime-1b.png (240x240, 98K)

Attached: 02BF0282-7CBE-45D6-B896-5D82788CDE25.gif (245x184, 200K)

Implying you really wouldn't a poker for 4 fucking people with stackable winning conditions.

Dude, just max your bond first.
Gacha, especially 1 pull is worthless if your goal is to gamble instead of simply farming Wishing Stone.

I understand that if my wait is in my discard, then I end up in Furiten. What I'm asking is should that still be possible if I'm sitting on a 2 tile wait and one of the tiles doesn't actually result in a yaku? If the 6 will actually score me something but the 9 gives me a yakuless hand, is that really Furiten if I wouldn't have been able to call Ron on the 9 anyway?

1, 3, 4, 7 pin at glance. What am I missing

yes

Hands without yaku aren't really without yaku.
Houtei/Haitei (Last discard/draw), Chankan (robbing a kan), riichi, tsumo, these are all yaku that might happen at any time even in your hand that's "without a yaku".

And you're in furiten on all of them. You don't get to violate the rules only because one of your waits doesn't have the one yaku you want.

If you don't Ron a tile when in tenpai (regardless of if you have yaku to be able to ron) you'll be considered in temporary furiten until you discard again. While in furiten you won't be able to Ron anything, even the tile giving you a yaku. If you draw the tile yourself but don't call Tsumo because you don't have yaku you'll be in permanent furiten and have to draw the tile yourself.

2 makes a pair.
1 and 3 are triplets and you are left with one sequence.

>1p triplet
>3p triplet
>456p
>wind
>2p pair

I know what Furiten is and your response doesn't answer my question at all.

and both answered what I was specifically asking and actually gave me a detailed explanation as to WHY, so thank you for that. I guess I'll have to be more careful of that in the future because the situations I described are really the only times I've ever been placed in Furiten. I've been able to avoid it for the most part otherwise.

pure luck no skill on my side

Attached: luck roll 20.gif (240x180, 1.86M)

gg. Room is restarting, need 2 more

Majsoul Friends Room 73532(4-Player South): mahjongsoul.game.yo-star.com/?room=73532

south standard rules
room code 73532

Attached: heeheh.png (296x331, 161K)

>tfw hag emotes

Attached: fujitakana-8.png (240x240, 81K)

Quickly, you have 5 seconds to name all the waits in this hand.

Attached: Untitledasas.png (1684x921, 1.5M)

>it's a closed wait and the person across from you had a triplet of your only winning tile episode

Attached: nikaidoumiki-8.png (240x240, 64K)

Which Spheres does Autism-chan's bond outfit require? Can anyone provide a screenshot? Thanks.

1, 2, 4, 5, 7 man

Attached: Untitled1111.png (1666x918, 1.45M)

Damn weeb

Attached: hiiragi shinoa.jpg (875x545, 99K)

That's correct! All 7m were gone though, but still the wait was beautiful to behold and satisfying to win with

Why is the creepy old hag so creepy?

Attached: aiharamai-6.png (240x240, 91K)

tfw no longer a yakuman virgin

Attached: aaaaaa.png (1449x925, 1.05M)

at least she's not annoying like pedobait ribbon

Attached: ichihime-0.png (240x240, 97K)

Why does everyone only play east round? Back on tenhou everyone only played east + south.

You faggots use this emote in such a light-hearted way, little do you know that this is the colorized depiction of a Hiroshima citizen trying to see whether she is in the blast radius.

Thank you friend, may you get many yakumans in the near future.

>Why does everyone only play east round?
That only applies to low ranks.

>highest score hand I ever got was a baiman
>meanwhile everyone I play with has a bunch of yakumans

rip occhan, sent to the shadow realm two games in a row, GGs.

that's just in the lower ranked rooms, the higher ones are pretty much exclusively hanchans
also i don't know why the chinese cats love east so much i cannot read their horrible runes

south takes a minimum of 40 minutes for me.

Attached: Untitledjade.png (521x418, 384K)

i've lost four games in a row. these last few games i tried some new stuff but they didn't really work out.

ya niggas have levelled up so my super aggressive risky tile dealing has finally come to bite my ass

DEAD GAME HAHAHAH

go play with the guy in east, he's probably lonely

Can you lose title as well? Like, going from expert back to adept

The highest I ever saw was 8. That was during the chink prime time (South had ~600 at that point).

Yes

I donated all my blue items for a summon scroll. Got 2 green items back.

Never again.

I fucking love this scene so much.

Sound version: files.catbox.moe/buhmat.webm

Attached: Legendary Gambler Tetsuya 07 muted.webm (640x480, 2.96M)

east room
need two more people

0% deal rate in both 4th place
there goes my lucky streak

Attached: lucky streak gone.jpg (746x443, 35K)

the episode right before it went to shit until he met boshu again.

I wanted to rank up faster. I mostly play South now since I'm in Adept.

It's faster

Does anyone have a list of all spheres needed for each character?

any tips/recommended reading for a mahjonglet?

Does it always shine like that when you get a girl?

dainachiba.github.io/RiichiBooks/

Please don't take ten seconds to ron/tsumo because you're spamming emotes.

Yes, it starts with stars falling. If you see that intro, it means you got a character.

>def 95
your big

Attached: 1458279862880.jpg (1280x720, 547K)

Don't tell me what do to

link?

>Ron a haneman and then tsumo a dealer hanneman in an east-only
>think I finally have a first place after a second/third streak
>cat tsumos a dealer baiman and then wins a 1000 point Chun only for the comeback, knocking me into 2nd
I'm not even a little bit mad.

Attached: Ak12Hammer.png (256x256, 73K)

do players irl calcutate points that quickly?

Attached: 1501589486395.png (1037x628, 56K)

open tanyao comeback hahaha

I mean, it's a yakuman.

I was tenpai damn it.

It's only hard for shit hands.

Attached: 1387707327352[1].png (787x525, 21K)

It was nice that mvci has that line voiced

>You can join in on the tournament
What is this message I got

>4th on 20900
I love losing because my riichi cannot connect.

IT HAS BEGUN

Attached: your (mahjong) soul is mine.jpg (580x334, 33K)

should've called then

>Always someone gets RON or Tsumo right after you riichi
>For once keep your tenpai hidden and wait for your silent win
>TSUMO on the next draw
Fool me 26 times, shame on you. Fool me 27 times, shame on you.

Attached: 1553785205294.jpg (355x440, 130K)

What. Where/when did you get it?

I'm not totally happy with how this turned out but thought I'd share it anyway. Any advice other than 'make it look less like ass'? I'm not an expert myself and this is just my impression from ~100 silver games, so if I'm way off on how much you should prioritize knowing a certain yaku, let me know

Attached: yaku priority guide.jpg (2760x2996, 3.09M)

>ron each other into tanyao
What does this mean?

>mspaint abuse

Attached: nikaidoumiki-11b.png (240x240, 81K)

you're terrible at both graphic design and colour theory. may as well just stop breathing.

Renho isn't present on Majsoul.

why the fuck does some of your text has white outlines and other do not, and white inside the closed spaces of characters is also inconsistent and ugly. Pick a style and stick with it

I take all my remaining time doing nothing before ron to savour their fear

I just used a bucket tool and picked the colors without planning ahead. I already know it looks like crap, I'd fix it up if it's worth fixing, I was more concerned about the information.

At least 4 30 mangan as oya was enough reason to call it. It's not like it was perfect game from my side but it's still sucks.

One more!

Majsoul Friends Room 60381(4-Player East): mahjongsoul.game.yo-star.com/?room=60381

I fucking hate that when you draw your winning tile in riichi you go permanent furiten if you discard it.
I'm South 4 on third place and need a direct hit on second place but it's just lost the moment I draw the tile myself.

Hour ago to my email

but the official FAQ on their discord says the opposite?

Attached: file.png (655x203, 22K)

>whether she is in the blast radius.
I don't get the joke.

>discord
probably a dumb tranny

If you then lose again at 0 points you lose rank.

OP seems to have lost a star though?

Attached: ichihime-4b.png (240x240, 102K)

if you look at the mushroom cloud and it appears bigger than your thumb, you're going to die of radiation poisoning

Some of your guys are slow as fuck.

Attached: 1472531700447.png (461x461, 105K)

You CAN lose stars
You CAN'T lose rank

but not a full rank

So you're fucked if you have small thumbs?

Anything over 4 han is very easy to memorize because you don't have to calculate fu

Doctor says it's why I can't have children.

i have something in my eye the moment and it hurts

I sent a request for email
Waiting for an answer

Attached: D7BL-XNVsAMKtbW.jpg (1200x675, 202K)

I just left a 60 seconds thinking room because I can't wait for people to take 15 seconds for every decision.

Good game c@bros

Can you only enter if you're in a specific rank?

>catfood bowl mahjong tournament

>10 players only
>fuck you time for eu
Yea, thanks for nothing.

>10 pro nyaggers gonna get invited

>copper
>silver
>bond
>aud
>usd
>green tile
>dark flame
>jade
>decorations
>waifu
>wishing stone
>free summons
>bond bonus
>gifts
>stardust
DIDEWI EISREFKGSGFRFDIDDDIDIDIEDIEDIEEIEIEEIDEIDEIDEWI
DEIIIDE
DIEEEEEEDEIEIDEI DIE DEI DIDEIEDIE DIE DIE
IDE
IED dDIDIDIEIEDIEDEDID DDIE DIDEIEDIDEI DEIDEIEDI

> less than a month played newbs versus pros
Hmm... sounds fair

>this tournament

Attached: 1558147472553.jpg (428x1449, 337K)

cat was a mahjong genius all along

>Catfood Bowl Mahjong Tournament

Attached: 1554873269616.jpg (880x880, 54K)

That is wrong. The guy currently at #2, two kanji in his name, was the 2nd person to reach Master after Jelli, and then he actually lost it, dropped back to Expert-3, and climbed to Master-1 again. You most certainly can lose full ranks.

the neko who descended into darkness

wtf im signing up for this

Why not make a our own brainlet tournament?

Not getting in unless your a master or something

The sand in the depths of hell is magical cat litter.

How does it work exactly? Do you have a very small chance to get into 10 players pool? There probably dozens of participants.

the greatest player

Attached: unknown.png (1369x715, 926K)

It's most likely only top rankers

UNDER
THE
RIVER

>3p
Zzzzxx

Would he have gotten less points if he tsumo'd a suuankou?

Attached: fujitakana-6.png (240x240, 82K)

look at the name of the player

>stuck at Novice
>can only ever gain progress towards next rank by playing shitty 1000 point hands, only to lose it immediately to a 12000 point hand
>end up waiting for tiles that never come whenever I try for a hand with a higher score
do I have to start the round with an almost-perfect hand or something?

im on the discord and i dont even see this application form, is it all one big scam?

no answer guys
How much i be waiting?

Attached: D7BL92fUwAAftAN.jpg (1200x675, 186K)

Where are you getting this pictures from? Official twitter or something? When I click the 'Tournament' link on the main page (before launching the actual game client), it still says 'coming soon'.

how can anyone compete

>invited professional
Oh look, finally EMA and NARMA scrubs got noticed.

mfw da hags win da catfoodb owl

Attached: happynewyearOFHAGS.png (340x340, 136K)

Thank god I don't have to face this guy in ranked

>nyaggers DDOSing pros with dogshit hands
actually it's gonna b good

Attached: akagi2.jpg (674x510, 70K)

Majsoul Friends Room 65140(4-Player South): mahjongsoul.game.yo-star.com/?room=65140

south, standard rules
room 65140

Attached: linemouth.png (818x1200, 721K)

Yes, twitter or discord

>2 uradora
Where? Am I retarded?

That's actually a good fucking question

it's 3p mahjong, he has two replacement dora (North tiles) that also became ura dora since West is one of the indicators
replacement dora aren't considered part of your hand

So this isn't related to MajSoul, but a general rules question. I'm playing a mahjong app on my phone against AI, went for a chiitoitsu and drew this - why won't it let me riichi, can you not use two pairs of the same tile in chiitoitsu? This situation's never come up for me before. Also as an aside, would you wait on the dora, the chun, or wait to draw an incidental wait when they're all fully live like this?

Attached: 20190520_211058.png (1080x1690, 1.18M)

In Riichi rule-set, chiitoitsu is '7 different pairs'. 4 of the same tile counts as 2 pairs only in the classic Chinese rules.

I can't wait to see how they are going to make a laughingstock of themselves, EMA is nothing less than a bunch of shitters with pumped up egos. I still cannot forgive them for allowing open tanyao in tournament play back in 2015.

Attached: bb0.jpg (1273x922, 113K)

mahjongsoul.game.yo-star.com/?room=91132

Attached: 1540839659748.jpg (500x505, 25K)

I still have no idea of how scoring works

>already full in less an a minute
WHAT

Dammit. Okay, thanks. Guess I cut the two West and go for suuankou + suukantsu

It has to be seven unique pairs, so you can't use four of the same tile as two pairs.

So are the pros getting paid to play or is a $620 prize pool really something a majjong "pro" is willing to turn out for?

I feel ashamed of my lack of consistency.

Attached: chrome_sV9tcGx2j4.png (732x216, 75K)

What are the sphere items for?

Attached: ichihime-3.png (240x240, 88K)

Chiitoi is very defense friendly hand, and the fact it resolves in tanki wait is just an icing to the cake. In advanced play (4 dan+) where rons happen less frequently than tsumo, damaten double suji trapped chiitoi (example: waiting for a 4 man with 1 and 7 discarded) is the most deadly hand.

Basically in the end you need to pick a tile that will be the most propable or profitable to win on (depending on if you want to finish quickly or rack up points from specific player), or in case of dora - to win on a tsumo. Also remember that while it's hard to do, chiitoi stacks with other hand specific yaku such as tanyao, chanta and honitsu.

It's very underappreciated yaku that's sadly less dangerous because of open tanyao making games 1-2 turns faster on average, but still a nice hand to bank on in toitsuba.

Attached: 1549486052633.png (448x600, 342K)

>mahjong gacha thread
Yikes!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Attached: AAAAAAAAAAA.png (483x361, 156K)

Classic mahjong used a point system, earned via the method of winning and your wait as well as what and what kinds of triplets you have. Classic mahjong also had "doubles" that went with that, which was basically a multiplier that was applied to your hand's points for fancier stuff like special hands or dragon triplets (things we now call yaku). The former is now fu, and the latter is now han. Modern riichi forgoes the fu after 4 han and instead just has flat point value buckets each few additional han as you get higher up the score table all the way up to 13, which is the limit.

Attached: 1536019376464.png (1479x797, 261K)

What's the matter kitty, afraid of falling back to bronze where you belong?

Attached: 1551325434200.gif (500x500, 2.68M)

It's okay. Not all of us can be silver chads.

Stop bully

>chanta
Wouldn't it be a honroutou?

Check my dank maajan mixtape anons and share your battle music

youtu.be/7_WWz2DSnT8

Attached: 1552094179228.jpg (640x533, 78K)

Submitted my application for the tournament. I know I'll be destroyed there, but I really wish to participate ;_;

Attached: ichihime-4.png (240x240, 87K)

At least you'd get 10 bucks for participating

Attached: aiharamai-8.png (240x240, 89K)

I think it's no pro just tenhou players

Hey you get a $10 amazon gift card just for showing up

You played right into my bully wait. 8000 self esteem points.

>Tournament
>With free gifts
Wait wat?

>half flush
That's all green.

You gotta apply and only 10 majsoul players will be accepted

big boy

why are we getting all those mahjong threads and with all those replies? is this a meme, are you all chinese or do you just enjoy the game?

Attached: 1550181646856.jpg (342x316, 14K)

There are easier ways to make $10 if you're willing to humiliate yourself.

Is that tournament EN-server only? In other words, 10 players would be chosen only from our leaderboards, no JP/CN competition?

yes user that's the joke

Attached: Saki - 25 (4).jpg (1280x720, 154K)

No one could possibly like something I don't like.

...That's a pretty good question, I've always had only toitoi variant of honurouto. Is there anyone who could prove or disprove this?

We all learned mahjong as an ironic joke.

wait a minute
>bronze shitter
>silver chad
>gold shitter
>master chad
>above shitter
>celestial chad
Hegel would get a boner.

I enjoy it

that girl probably caught parasites lol

Where can I go for saki subs that don't use the shitty translated yaku names?
"Tsumo. Tsumo after a kong" really aint doin it for me chief

It's all part of the ruse to get you playing too. It's one big shilling operation, because you know, nobody could possibly unironically enjoy videogames on Yea Forums!

Attached: 1496031430992.gif (292x300, 662K)

Good taste, Tchaikovsky is based as fuck.

youtube.com/watch?v=8l3VInLvBPc&list=PL02AF2AF6871F4026&index=1