Comfy Vita Thread

Attached: 61eyD3VZ6DL._SX425_.jpg (425x425, 16K)

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/Version3-0-SD2VITA-Adapter-Henkaku-System/dp/B07BDJ68GP/ref=sr_1_8?keywords=ps2vita&qid=1558321610&s=gateway&sr=8-8
vita.hacks.guide/
aliexpress.com/item/Matte-Hand-Grip-Handle-Joypad-Stand-Case-with-L2-R2-Trigger-Button-For-PSV1000-PSV-1000/32923323345.html
vita.hacks.guide/storage-format-(windows)
vita.hacks.guide/storage-format-(linux)
vita.hacks.guide/storage-format-(mac)
vita.hacks.guide/storagemgr
youtube.com/watch?v=Qff-DOZ57P8
ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2380057.m570.l1313.TR11.TRC1.A0.H0.Xvita 1000 grip.TRS0&_nkw=vita 1000 grip&_sacat=0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Where can I buy one and will it fit in my vita without changing anything?

>having to post this image because vita has no games

Ah yes, comfy indeed

Ebay
It fits on the gamecard slot

it was a fun neptunia machine

Hmm. Alright. I'll try it on my vita tv first then.

if you treat it like a super psp it's great. psp/ps1/emulator games on the go with a better screen and 2 analogs

Attached: Adrenaline.jpg (1200x900, 132K)

what's the good model to get?

Sd2vita 6.0 is the newest, look for those.

Thanks bro. Gonna order 2. Been wanting a solution to this for awhile now.

Comfy af. Pic is from when I first set it up, before I installed the rest of my game card backups.

Attached: vitastorage.jpg (960x544, 45K)

It's also great for otome games

I just installed enso and I'm thinking of getting an adapter. Which is the best one and is it easy to set up?

5.0/6.0 are fine. I got a 3.0 (one in the OP) and I have no issues with it on my slim, though apparently that's not normal. It works fine, but supposedly the thing isn't a perfect fit (mine is).

If you have a 3G Vita, then PSVSD is actually a better deal. Swaps out the 3g card for a PCB that has a microSD card slot on it, allowing you access to the game card slot still.

I have a slim running on enso 3.60. Does anything work on it?
amazon.com/Version3-0-SD2VITA-Adapter-Henkaku-System/dp/B07BDJ68GP/ref=sr_1_8?keywords=ps2vita&qid=1558321610&s=gateway&sr=8-8
Will this?

That's the 3.0 card. Mine works, but YMMV. Go with a 5.0 or 6.0 card - check eBay.

Got it thanks.

im planning on adquiring one of these for emulation purposes, how is the hacking comunity on it?

You can run your vita faster while
Playing with a controller
Not having to deal with Sony cards
It plays most Ps1/PsP games fine
You download directly from the Sony store

Community has never been better, but if you've got any recent smartphone it can probably emulate better. Just get a controller grip.

Except for Vita games.

So on my vita I'm trying to download stuff to my SD card through PKGj, worked earlier, now it just says "Download failure: failed to write to ux0:PKGI/blahblahfilepath. How to fix?

Reposted to /hbg/

How easy to "crack" is the Vita?
Looks like it would be a perfect emulation machine.
How good is the battery?

is that your Vita, or some random pic?
looks beautiful

>mfw no fucking L2, L3, R2, R3
>the one fucking case that can add the function is only for the slim model

Attached: 465834163541.jpg (690x713, 31K)

which model is the better one?

Original has OLED
Slim has a bunch of shit that can be clipped onto it

beside a handful of games, i dont really care about vita games, i find the library very lacking unless you are into weebshit games, but i do want to play PSP games on it.

3.5 hours while running loli (overclock) on a Vita game while using wifi and bluetooth.
Despite being almost autistic I downgraded from 3.70 to 3.60 and installed enso. A semi literate person can do it in 30 minutes after watching tutorial videos and then can easily mod other vitas.

>own PSTV
>really wanna take my games on the go
>hack my PSTV
>can play anything I want but I hate tv gaming
I wish I could just trade with someone. I don’t care what firmware they have either. I’ll trade my hacked PSTV for a vita in a second

But the best PSP games are weebshit as well?

Attached: Only on ps lol.jpg (215x371, 28K)

Reasons to own a slim:
>LCD is good once you mod the colorspace
>slimmer and lighter
>better accessory support
>microUSB port, so no need to get a proprietary cable
>better battery life

Reasons to get a phat:
>OLED display is brighter, has more saturated colors and better contrast - but it might actually have too much contrast, YMMV
>Thicker, weightier. Some folks like that.
>3G Vita can have the 3G modem replaced with PSVSD, works like sd2Vita but leaves the game card slot usable

You gotta move your plugins and config files to the main memory on the vita. I don’t remember it’s abbreviation, but I move the contents of my memory card’s tai folder to my Vita’s onboard memory and pkgj worked fine afterward.

The 3.0 sticks out of a Slim slightly. Get the 5.0.

Attached: 1558127617110.jpg (4096x2304, 1.39M)

Can it play n64 at a reasonable speed?

Never!

>he thinks weebshit and JRPGs are the same thing.

Attached: ndbnsbdbnf.gif (288x198, 1.23M)

not even a $30k modern pc can do that.

>he watches Futurama
For ever finger that you point to laugh at others 10 more will point and laugh at you.

>"I hate popular thing, which make me smart!"

Attached: pqafkb6d9ba01.jpg (645x729, 57K)

>>/reddit/

Nah fuck off

Vita means life.

ebay
yes, just stick it in the gamecard slot

3ds owners still seething

it's really easy, as long as sony doesn't update it

theirs a sticky one for phat models

well you might be selling me on this.
are they cheap?

when brainlets use them as the same thing, then they are effectively the same thing

and only brainlets use the term "weebshit"

>had a vita long before it was hackable
>Sold it
Lesson fucking learned. They're all so expensive now.

>are they cheap?

Attached: 1526827241881.jpg (260x350, 57K)

I just bought 2 for under 15 bucks on amazon

I own both a pstv and a vita and I want to hack both what's the best guide out there?

Get a JP pre-owned system on ebay. Just ordered a 3g unit for my roommate for under $100, and you can trust pre-owned stuff from the japs.

Are all models and FW hackable now?
Do you need anything to do it?

it's literally in the op in the homebrew thread on /vg/

how do i download free games from the sony store, some guy mentioned it in another thread.
I have 3.60 henkaku.

check the homebrew thread on /vg/

vita.hacks.guide/

Yes and yes. 3.69+ need a PSP game (demos work)

thanks fag I love you
thanks I am there now

Oh that's pretty good. I'll try to get a really cheap used slim.

No because it just runs the same one the psp has. No improvements.

>insults Japanese games as weebshit
>posts futurama gif
>posts wojak
The absolute state of faggots

Why would it matter if Sony updates it for people that already have enzo?

bargain bin tier?

all of these collection pics in the vita thread are bad for my health

Sd2vita and 120GB SD arrived. Gf will give me vita tomorrow so I can set it up for her. I’m getting my jig to Jack the switch so I’ll be busy with that. Idort master race

vita general thread I mean

im sorry if im not smart enough to enjoy your favorite shows like rick & morty and TBBT

Me (the person that posted the wojak) isn't the same person that posted the futurama gif.

ちなみに、私は日本語が分かる

>admitting to liking cartoons
>admitting to posting wojaks

Tried turning my vita on the other day after some months if not using it. Had it plugged in and charging for some time but it just won't turn on.

Won't go into recovery or safe mode either. All I get is a solid orange light on the home button before turning off again. Is my vita fucked?

install autopluggin, go to extras, and install pkgj

tfw my vita lives on a shelf and does nothing

Attached: IMG_0667.jpg (2752x3584, 1.9M)

Been playing Trails in the Sky Evolution FC and outside the saving issue it's been great. Hope they figure out a way to fix that shit soon.

Other than that, been using adrenaline to play a Tactics Ogre Romhack and I'm having a blast.

Getting more use out of my vita now then I have in years as all I bought it for was Dangenrompa 2 and Persona 4.

it wouldn't. that user was asking how easy is it to hack all vitas right now, which is easy

They won't work unless he install nonDRM or whatever it is called.

what saving issues

autopluggin has all the pluggins

I'd you sleep the vita without first going to the livearea you won't be able to save anymore. Pretty common issue I've had with a fresh vita dumps.

I don't think I've had that issue with evolution FC. Don't know what I'm doing differently.

Is that an old PSP sleeve that came bundled with it?

did you use a maidump?

Hacking mine has been the most fun I've had with vidya in ages. Portable survival horror machine is maximum comfy, especially going into Winter. Just finished Parasite Eve for the first time and I'm working my way through RE2. I'll probably play PE2 or Dino Crisis next.

ok so I have a 3.60. Bought the adapter. Installed Henkaku. The molecule bubble appears. Now where do i go from here. Its just a file directory.

Have you considered following a guide?

is the gba emulator good?

Bazinga! and tryhardpilled

ftp some vpks and install them

If you're using vpks for your games, no wonder you're having save issues.

nigga, how else is he gonna install homebrew?

Post special edition vitas quick! They're so beautiful

Attached: 20190404_194048.jpg (2560x1280, 1M)

I couldn't get the ftp working with my computer. Cant i copy over some files directly?

Yes. But you DO know you can just type the ftp address in your file explorer folder address bar right?

oh well

where do i find a library of pirated indie games?

On the PSN store.

Does it work with any version of the Vita? Just got done doing the 3.70 hack and I've heard downgrading to 3.60 is where to be at. I've seen lots of different things to do but I'm sort of lost at where to start.

Attached: 1556725191795.png (1038x1763, 293K)

>tfw just want to play Ape Escape
>can't do shit without r2/r3/l2/l3

OLED if you want a premium feeling handheld and the slim if you want some more battery life.

Both have their pros and cons: the OLED's screen will wear out after a long time and the analog sticks on the slim can break. Really if you can try to find and get a feel for both of them just to see what you think is the best for you. From personal experience I've seen the OLED is pretty cheap for around $150 compared to the slim which goes for over $200.

Whoah how do you get the PSP/PS3 UI on the Vita? That looks more kino than the bubbles.

you stupid fucks
>aliexpress.com/item/Matte-Hand-Grip-Handle-Joypad-Stand-Case-with-L2-R2-Trigger-Button-For-PSV1000-PSV-1000/32923323345.html
Also only PAL ape escape works because NTSC used one of the special PS1 encryptions that the PSP/vita doesn't support. It runs at 50hz but it's the only way to play the game
On the loose is inferior but has higher quality music and is very pretty, worth a play after PS1.

Fucking snoy could have made 1st party l2r2 cases and marketed them with ape escape 2 and 3 ports but they're fucking retarded.

Attached: apeescaped.jpg (700x700, 153K)

Yes, anything above version 3.0 works with both the fat and slim Vitas.
If you have a fat vita the 3.0 is fine.

This.

The OLED I ordered was only $115 and it looked practically brand new with a 16 GB SD card. Those nips know how to take care of their stuff I might even pick up a slim if I can find one for the right price.

If my phat ever dies for good I might get a slim just because of the easier to get charging cable

Get the newest possible, older sd2vitas have the problem that they are hard to remove from the game slot

The proprietary chargers are pretty cheap for $10 and I found one with the USB plugin instead of the stupid powerbrick. Feels more premium than the USB type-B chargers that break super easily after a while. Though I can understand why you'd get one since they're just so abundant.

The switch utterly obliterates the Vita as a hacked device

Which one is better this or the white one

Attached: 1558105431675.jpg (741x486, 59K)

yeah no

Attached: vitapersona.jpg (3686x3024, 2.03M)

How big should the micro SD card be? Is 128 enough or should I spend a little extra for 256?

Attached: 1550025883031.png (353x558, 60K)

Do these things work if you have a psvsd installed? I heard they don't work with eachother.

My switch can play 3 of those 4 and at higher resolutions than Vita.

AND you have the benefit of not having to own a Vita

>t. Switchlet

but you have to own a shitch

>PPSSPP on ARM
what a joke
I'd like to see you play MGS 2 and 3, and pic related

Attached: ninjagaidensigmaplus.jpg (1600x962, 1.67M)

which handheld lost again?

128gb is pretty comfy, especially if you already have a proprietary memory card.
I have about 60~ Vita games stored in my microSD and 14gb of PS1 / PSP games on my proprietary memory card.
Also, follow the guide on /hbg/ and install Adrenaline.

Or you can stop being poor and buy both of them.

>says he owns a switch outright
you're a real smart guy

Maybe I'm alone in this, but I feel like getting too big of a card encourages you to hoard games without actually playing shit. I'm keeping the 16gb Vita card I bought when I bought the system. Being able to keep everything at anytime feels like I'd end up with a Steam library situation.

>more expensive, newer console is more powerful
really makes me think
>switch still has a worse d-pad
from the company that invented the d-pad no less

if the switch mini rumors are true I'll probably drop my vita for that but currently my switch just stays in the dock

128gb seems like a good soft spot I don't see myself getting too many games and I've already got a 16gb proprietary one. I'm also hacking and refurbishing two PSP's one is for a lady friend so I could always fall back on those.

Attached: 1554305268432.png (490x187, 4K)

I have a 128gb card and I'll probably never have time to play every game I've installed on it but I like having them just so I have the choice

where are the r3/l3 buttons?

My vita won't recognize my SD2Vita. It used to, but then I had to reinstall PKGj, and now it only reads the Vita memory card. Send help.

I just wanna play indie games and RPG's

Attached: 1553450839833.png (600x443, 443K)

What's the difference between 5.0 and 6.0?

Can I play pirated PS Vita games? or psp emu only?

Also can I have 2 sd cards at the same time? One 3g and one on gamecard slot?

How do I pirate PS Vita games?

theres a seperate little attachment for that too
back touchpad is actually comfy when you get used to it, I personally hate clicking sticks in

Totally. I mostly use mine for PSX games, so I just don't need that much.

Might be worth trying to format your SD. I had a similar issue when I was trying to setup my SD2Vita for the first time and discovered that it was cause I'm a dumbass and didn't format the card first.

vita.hacks.guide/storage-format-(windows)
vita.hacks.guide/storage-format-(linux)
vita.hacks.guide/storage-format-(mac)

thanks senpai, will get one.

does it recognize the second vita stick as dualshock no problem? (in ape escape at least) I wanna have camera control on ace combat 3 :3

The SD card still works, I can still launch games off of it, I think I just need to redirect in config or some shit.

what's your storage config look like?

"GCD=ux0
MCD=uma0" is all it says

What's the difference from 5.0?

>veiled "what are the 'must haves' post"
Develop some taste and take some initiative.
Both models have grips available.
Give it to me.
I wanted the DQ one, but I'm poor.
>stupid
*stupid, lazy
Niggas don't even know how to search anymore.

MCD=uma0
GCD=ux0
UMA=grw0

is what mine looks like, try that.

vita.hacks.guide/storagemgr mentions to include that last line if you got multiple cards in at once

So I haven't seen any of you faggots talk about Vita games. What are you even playing?
It emulates N64 games, which is cool. Outside of that, well, it's not really better. Getting Reicast on the Switch will be real nice, though.

use PKGj to pirate games directly on the Vita, or NoPayStation browser on PC. I don't know if two sd card adapters will work but if they do only one can be used as the memory card the Vita sees, the other one will only be available to things like Vitashell and Retroarch.

It emulates psp at higher resolutions than just playing native. Which is better.

PS1 at higher resolutions.

Full speed N64. An early alpha reicast was ported last week that already has full speed in lots of games.

And every emu in general runs better than Vita.

The fuck ftp for?

reinstall strgmngr and check the config
what do you think?

Attached: file.png (1087x755, 114K)

PS1 is trash on switch, PCSX-rearmed is nothing compared to the near native performance of PSP/vita.
Colors are fucked in spyro for example, missing graphics etc galore in general for pcsx-rearmed, higher input lag as well for fighting games.
even the highest end phones can't run reicast well outside of the 5-10 meme games like SA2.
"full speed" N64 literally applies to SM64 only, even OOT has suttering and shit up the ass.
Don't believe the pretty 60 at the corner of your screen.

I need to import DT2-2 soon...

is there Dolphin for Vita or Switch?

is there a way to use the SD adapter to run games on it without modding the system?

>Vita
lol
>Switch
also lol

If you get a Snapdragon 855 phone, that handles Dolphin surprisingly well.

youtube.com/watch?v=Qff-DOZ57P8

no chance, the adapter uses the game card slot, not the memory card slot. it has to have drivers.

No. Just mod it, m8.

They’re halfway through gc on switch

dungeon traveler 2-2 when?

its never gonna happen
the switch runs 2013 tier hardware and the trannies that dominate the scene are too busy dialating and bickering to do more than port retroarch cores

There’s literal videos online of switch launching gc games.

How do you guys get your Vita games? I've used MaiDump in the past, but the process is annoying.

I've heard there's a freeshop equivalent (i.e. downloading directly from the store) but I'm super paranoid about my PSN account, even though I've formatted my memory card and have no PSN attached to it.

I once logged into my CFW PS3 with my main PSN and was terrified for about 2 months that I was going to get banned. Sony was quite good at detecting CFW PS3s because they would phone home with literally everything installed. They would even ban PSN accounts they associated with CFW PS3s, even when they were reformatted and on the lastest OFW. I also know PSN accounts synced with trophies from DLC they didn't purchase was a huge red flag too.

Am I being worried for nothing? I've never even heard of a PSN account being banned for Vita CFW without actually playing hacked games online.

if you are too paranoid to use PKGj, then use NoPayStation on your PC.

I don't think anyone has ever had a problem with it but either way works.

Thanks mate.

Another quick question - what's the method to play >3.65FW games on a 3.65 vita? I heard there was some kind of app or plugin or something to enable it recently.

I have a PSTV somewhere that lives on a shelf or somewhere. I don't even know where the fucking thing is.

ref00d plugin

You boot into the PSP CFW.

OLED 3G for maximum amount of storage.

Attached: IMG_20190415_001425626.jpg (4096x2304, 1.32M)

where can I buy the 6.0 version?

Does refood work with pkgj?

>が

install browser henkaku
then enso
then install app plug in
drm
ReF00D
pkgj
then suck my dick

do these work with the latest official firmware or do I have to get some weird hack onto the vita?

128 should be enough.

I don't get this. As soon as you get a SD card thing on your game slot, your proprietary psp shit stays and you are able to use that at the same time? How?

ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2380057.m570.l1313.TR11.TRC1.A0.H0.Xvita 1000 grip.TRS0&_nkw=vita 1000 grip&_sacat=0
retard

I've been using PKGj for a week. Getting trophies with my main account and no bans yet!

If I learnt anything from my PS3 paranoia, it tends to happen in banwaves.

Don't earn trophies for DLC or digital only games. That will get you flagged for the next banwave.

Eh I don't even need to be online anymore on my Vita. So kek.