Have you heard user? There is this new popular multiplayer puzzle game called Mahjong

Have you heard user? There is this new popular multiplayer puzzle game called Mahjong.

Care to give it a try?

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 78K)

Other urls found in this thread:

mahjongsoul.game.yo-star.com/?room=54887
arcturus.su/wiki/Furiten
mahjongsoul.game.yo-star.com/?room=62012
mahjongsoul.game.yo-star.com/?room=39960
mahjongsoul.game.yo-star.com/?room=68507
youtube.com/watch?v=rhmhaf8xTAc
youtube.com/watch?v=B3CjuGZMRzM&list=PLISjHIk6iRjJrvmp4vpLFECZDww8_45RW&index=1
youtube.com/watch?v=zId56QBlCvs
gamedesign.jp/flash/bamboo/bamboo.html
youtu.be/EmZF3kBZQ6E
plaza.one/
youtube.com/watch?v=uZS7eZIit7o
mahjongsoul.game.yo-star.com/?room=11405
refuge.tokyo/pc9801/Puzzle.html
youtube.com/watch?v=PQZ8hb6G1-4
euophrys.itch.io/mahjong-efficiency-trainer
justanotherjapanesemahjongblog.blogspot.com/2012/01/defence-theory4-suji-pai.html?m=1
mahjongsoul.game.yo-star.com/?room=62704
mahjongsoul.game.yo-star.com/?room=91191
shindanmaker.com/632545
majsoul.union-game.com/0/
mahjongsoul.game.yo-star.com/?room=36907
youtube.com/watch?v=_QxTQ1nT7U8
bilibili.com/video/av18053692/
mahjongsoul.game.yo-star.com/?room=59416
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Which option is the best choice?

Attached: 1558048653372.png (240x240, 87K)

no i would not, actually

Which future funk/vaporwave aesthetic PC-98 mahjong game should I play?

Attached: 1539981855632.png (642x402, 44K)

カノ of course, silly user.

Attached: 1558044778519.jpg (804x478, 115K)

Hey guissss I just played a game and I have no idea why I didn't win. I had a winning hand with the triplets and doubles but the Ron thing didn't work WTF this is such a stupid game. Was it bugged?

Why is a browser-based game from china the best riichi mahjong game in existence? Just look at that beautiful interface. Also, why is this the pinnacle of card games? Come play with us and find out

Majsoul Friends Room 54887(4-Player South): mahjongsoul.game.yo-star.com/?room=54887

South room, standard rules. nubs welcome
Room code 54887

Attached: waow.png (1719x941, 1.58M)

yeah it's bugged, try reinstalling

Weak bait

Is "soul contractor" the "I'm a faggot and I spent money on this game" banner?

>already have a tab open
>have to look at my fucking email again
Stupid fucking chook software engineering

What does furiten mean? I should've won a game but apparently it was because of a furiten?

I googled it and it said "you cannot call Ron on your own discard". What does that mean?

t. Just google furiten jaypee autist from the end of last thread.

I know the bottom is ron and then riichi, but what are the top three in order?

you don't get a you.

It means you cannot ron on your own discard

No I am serious.
I had 236, 666, 1pin2pin3pin, 2 2balls.

Yes I am a faggot, thank you for your contribution

1 more btw
room 54887

it's still bugged, reinstall mahjongsoul.exe

What's a you? I'm new to Yea Forums.

Pon, Kan and Chi, written in katakana.

How do I do that it's browser is it not?

Yeah I know. But why wasn't I able to call Ron then?

arcturus.su/wiki/Furiten

If it's possible to compete your hand with a tile you've discarded, then you aren't allowed to call ron. You have to keep track of your discards, including discards other players have called, and make sure you aren't waiting on any of those tiles to complete your hand.

Can you tldr; me? I don't get why it didn't work.

Still need 1 more
room 54887

Attached: bl.png (211x359, 110K)

How the hell does two player work?

YOU THOUGHT I FORGOT
YOU THOUGHT TODAY WILL BE SAFE
BUT UNDERSTAND THAT RIGHT NOW, I SHALL PROVE YOU WRONG

LATE SUNDAY NIGHT BLITZ MAHJONG - BECAUSE SLEEP IS THE ENEMY OF CONSCIOUSNESS

YOU KNOW THE DRILL: 3+5s, NO TIPS, NO AKADORA, ONLY THE BEST OF THE BEST WILL PREVAIL IN THIS HARSH ENVIRONMENT

mahjongsoul.game.yo-star.com/?room=62012

JOIN AND ENGAGE IN BATTLE OF PURE WITS

I'm starting in 5 minutes, gotta grab some cofee

Attached: 8993_1ac4.gif (320x454, 1.93M)

Just read the damn wiki page user

How does chi pon and kan work?

Room closed because no one filled the last slot

>get Ron'd while I'm on a double wait
fuck's sake

Attached: Screams Internally.jpg (540x522, 37K)

I switched to the blitz room. Gomenasai.

What do the wind and dragon tiles do? I just throw them.out because I tried getting a red green and white but Ron didn't pop up

theres like ten people and one autist in this thread, give it a little while

How do you play mahjong if you don't have a soul?

tfw was rushing out of a south 4 match.

Attached: aiharamai-12.png (240x240, 88K)

What does gomenasai mean?

It doesn't work because it's against the rules how hard is that to understand

>Occupy Wall Street XDDDD
>BTW I vote Bernie Sanders and wear a Che Guevara T-Shirt
Care for a helicopter ride, faggot?

Autist here, I closed it after the 2 people waiting with me left, not just because the last slot didn't get filled

You have nothing to scream about. On the last discard last night I dealt into someone in a hell wait.

This already was a tl:dr
If you've discarded a tile that would complete your hand, you can't ron

Does Japan actually have middle and high school mahjong clubs and national tournaments, or did Saki make that up?

Attached: __bianca_and_slime_knight_dragon_quest_v_and_etc_drawn_by_nora_higuma__d7ba120b5630485476206f19f72ad (675x889, 124K)

It's what you say after a tsumo to bm people.

??????????

Yeah but that seems unfair. I wouldn't know in the future if I needed that tile. What a dumb rule.

"Gomen" means "sorry" so it's probably like a smug "tsumo, sorry bout it!!" kinda thing

But what does it mean?
I don't speak Japanese.

Ohh okay nevermind. Do I need to learn Japanese to play this game?

bad post.

????????????????????????????????
Is my post too hard for you to comprehend? Did you already get your welfare check for Free™ stuff paid for you by dumb capitalist pigs who have the audacity to spend the money they earned on their hobbies?

should I play ranked? I only really play with friends

Holy shit this thread is all shitposting, I think the autist from last thread is out in full force

The unique IP count isn't going up, but the thread's somehow getting more retarded. Good job, boys.

I dont know how to play and have no idea where to start.
all games i know are in jap or chinese and i dont know moon runes, and anons in the past said i need to have at least a basic understanding of it to play, is it true?
if not, where to start?

Sorry, I'm gonna close the room because of low interest. Maybe next time.

>Ohh okay nevermind. Do I need to learn Japanese to play this game?
No, it's fully translated.

>chink gets ippatsu with a whole bunch of red 5 and dora for baiman two rounds in a row
I call hacks

played it in yakuza 2
didnt understand it
used peerless tile to auto win the substory requiring you to win then didnt touch it since

played slant-eye chess though, that was kind of fun although as a regular chess player, slant-eye chess moves are super unbalanced.

>being THIS fucking insecure and assblasted that you spent 100+ United States dollars rolling for jpegs of waifus

Attached: 1535234491521.jpg (600x654, 213K)

You should be able to know what you're not going to use. You don't just randomly get furiten for no reason.

If you discard something then don't build a hand that's gonna depend on it later

It's hard to get used to but it's basically the one rule that sets mahjong apart from other rummy games

is there some sort of strategy to discarding tiles? I've been keeping sets that are one tile away from forming sequences/triples and I keep ending up with shit "No Yaku" hands

It's so fucking dumb. Stop trying to defend this dumb shit ruleset. Talk about being unfair.

>being THIS fucking insecure and assblasted about people being able to spend money on their hobbies while you have to get paychecks to get food

Attached: kujouriu-8.png (240x240, 91K)

where do I learn how to actually play this game? The in-game tutorial is shit

Discarding tiles is %98 of all your decisions in the game, obviously that's where almost all of the strategy comes from

>kan the 4man tiles
>kan the chun tiles
>chi 678 man
>pon the 9man tiles
>single tile wait
>literally everyone thinks im waiting on a half flush
>wait on a 5 pin instead

who else outsmarting their opponents tonight?

Attached: 1558230017558.jpg (640x480, 40K)

These threads are definitive proof ironic weebs don't actually give a shit about liking the games they play

You'd rather people be able to target you directly because there's no guaranteed safe tiles?

Is saki a good anime? I really want to watch it for the cute girls oWo!~

Attached: D4Fd_ZdU0AA9ngR.jpg (582x596, 158K)

>confirming it
fucking hilarious
someone simply asks about the banner you get from paying and you throw an absolute temper tantrum, your insecurity is palpable

>play basketball
>get fouled for travelling
>"but the game is harder if I have to let go of the ball!"

Maybe consider what the rules are designed to do before deciding they're dumb

Answering any and all mahjong questions, even the dumb ones

I enjoyed it

>Play a bit of mahjong
>Start to watch Akagi
ahhhh don't get it!!!! Why is akagi so complex???? Is this for high IQ people only?

Attached: 1534881012694.jpg (1242x1241, 100K)

Maybe stop defending dumb fucking rules. It's such bullshit I was so close to going to bronze.

What's furiten?

that's not kan

Can you eat mahjong tiles?

Why are white people invading this game?

Attached: 1490417991658.jpg (900x2588, 465K)

one more than furinine

You don't even understand the rules well enough to know if they're dumb or not

Anyone have the Asian swimmer guy version of this?

Mahjong is fun, guys

Cheaters need to get banned

Attached: cheat.jpg (1195x634, 119K)

I thought you were just going to keep going until people ignored you, but you outed yourself for never even playing majsoul, so good hustle.

sure I just got my windows 3.1 up and running, got to customize my layout colors for windows mode too which was incredible. can't wait to see the utopia of tomorrow

Just play Yakuza you fuckin insufferable pedophiles

I actually do. That's how I got to a promotion match.
Who said I was playing Majsoul, you dumb weaboo.

Is it worth investing time to learn the rules of mahjong and practicing? It seems complex. There's no local scene in my country so I'd only be able to play online. If it's not something spectacularly fun then it's not worth my time

Stop criticizing rules when you don't understand anything about the game.
Idiot.

Is it worth investing time to learn the rules of [any hobby here] and practicing? It seems complex. There's no local scene in my country so I'd only be able to play online. If it's not something spectacularly fun then it's not worth my time

Do you know the yaku?

It’s very simple. Just need to memorize some yakus.

I actually know a lot that's why I almost got to bronze.

Do you enjoy it? Then yes.
Mahjong is fun, I think it's worth it

but you start at bronze

What am I looking at here

What's honba? Don't google it.

I've been frankly addicted to online mahjong over the past couple of weeks, but your mileage may vary. It's actually pretty easy to pick up.

Yeah i know about it. It's posted every hour here.

Hey homie, this is actually me, the person he was addressing: discuss video games

Honba「本場」ortsumibou countis an added element toscoring, that awards bonus points for particular repeats.The honba count increases by one for the next hand according to these three scenarios:

You *lost* your promotion match because you didn't know one of the fundamental rules of the game

>Backpedaling that hard
It's alright sweaty, nobody's going to laugh at you for being so poor you can't afford to spend money in hobbies, there is no need to be so insecure.

I said don't google it motherfucker

Then this doesn't concern you and I don't know why you entered the conversation

Is it worth investing time to learn the rules of chess and practicing? It seems complex. There's no local scene in my country so I'd only be able to play online. If it's not something spectacularly fun then it's not worth my time

>having no idea what backpedaling means
yep, checks out

I didnt

Majsoul Friends Room 39960(4-Player South): mahjongsoul.game.yo-star.com/?room=39960

Escape this thread with me.

Then why is it a direct paste from the main mahjong wiki

we can never really escape, user

>This doesn't concern you, please let us continue flinging shit at each other so the thread can get pruned
Go fuck yourself

Riichi mahjong is an excellent game and has the most fun aspects of TCG's distilled down to their purest elements. Playing around your opponents, learning the meta over time, feeling out the game, deciding whether or not to risk death for your own chance at victory. There's much more interesting things to discuss besides the gacha for cosmetics.

>looking down on people for spending their money on real hobbies instead of wasting it on gacha pulls for jpegs of anime girls
Like I keep saying, classic insecurity

Attached: 1547040442190.png (477x342, 183K)

Didn't google it.

I don't know what the fuck you're talking about user, you must be confusing me for someone else or have misread a backlink or something

Attached: 1557832332810.jpg (185x140, 8K)

Is it worth investing time to learn the rules of dancing and practicing? It seems complex. There's no local scene in my country so I'd only be able to play online. If it's not something spectacularly fun then it's not worth my time

Don’t you guys have a smash thread to shitpost in?

>A: haha you spend money on games ur a fagget
>B: fuck off dumb jealous commie
>A: wtf I just asked about the title why u so mad xd
>A: wdym I'm backpedaling???

>Real hobbies
Insecurity indeed, imagine having such a strong inferiority complex that you need to tell yourself your hobbies are more real than the ones other people have

Is it worth investing time to learn the rules of video games and practicing? It seems complex. There's no local scene in my country so I'd only be able to play online. If it's not something spectacularly fun then it's not worth my time

>haha you spend money on games ur a fagget
I didn't say this until after you got butthurt from asking about the banner

>wtf I just asked about the title why u so mad xd
That's exactly what I actually did

Learn to read idiot

Attached: 1532201754499.jpg (598x600, 68K)

Spending money on gacha game jpegs isn't a hobby

Is it worth investing time to learn the rules of watching tv and practicing? It seems complex. There's no local scene in my country so I'd only be able to play online. If it's not something spectacularly fun then it's not worth my time

You're posting on Yea Forums. Anything is a better use of your time.

how often do you actually break tenpai for a better wait or higher value hand

Is it worth investing time to learn the rules of Yea Forums and practicing? It seems complex. There's no local scene in my country so I'd only be able to play online. If it's not something spectacularly fun then it's not worth my time

Are you implying this isn't your first post in this conversation? >"soul contractor" the "I'm a faggot and I spent money on this game" banner
You really wanted to not look like a dumb backpedaling commie but too bad that your post is still there for everyone to see, sweaty

Is it worth investing time to learn the rules of gay sex and practicing? It seems complex. There's no local scene in my country so I'd only be able to ERP online. If it's not something spectacularly fun then it's not worth my time

>I decided so
Your mother is the only person in the world who considers you a special child, I'm sorry to have to break it to you.

Is it worth investing time to learn the rules of scat and practicing? It seems complex. There's no local scene in my country so I'd only be able to do it in the toilet. If it's not something spectacularly fun then it's not worth my time

Can you derank back to novice? i'm pretty close to doing so.

I just take my shitty one han ron

I've done it two or three times and it hasn't paid off. Still too scared to pass on a Ron for the better of the two waits, but almost did it once.

Is it worth investing time to learn the rules of religion and practicing? It seems complex. I'm a neet so I'd only be able to go to church online. If it's not something spectacularly fun then it's not worth my time

If you seriously got THAT offended by a typical Yea Forums banter post about spending money on free to play games, I don't know what to tell you and all you're doing is confirming your extreme insecurity you're trying so hard to deny

You saw that and foamed at the mouth with autism and started spewing completely irrelevant sperglord /pol/ shitposts, there's seriously no defending that

There's no backpedaling here, I didn't call you out until you threw a fit over nothing because you're pathetic and insecure about spending money on jpegs

the gacha aspect is just a iq tax on the stupid to keep the game running, surely no one on Yea Forums buys into this shit and just plays mahjong.
>people are spending hundreds on jpegs and defending this behavior right here on Yea Forums
damn..

Attached: 1556799968336.jpg (752x960, 59K)

Spending money on a chance to win a picture of an anime girl is not a hobby. You're allowed to like it, and you're allowed to do whatever you want with your own money, but it isn't a hobby.

Attached: lmao.png (435x402, 214K)

Rule of thumb for all games--if you're way behind make high risk high reward plays (like breaking tenpai)

>blah blah blah there's no backpedaling here
>I didn't say this until after you got butthurt from asking about the banner
>there's no backpedaling here
>there's no backpedaling here
I gave you a chance to save face by admitting you're full of shit, but instead you decided to play the role of a clown to the bitter end. As you wish. Enjoy it!

I'm pretty sure I've run into a couple of players in ranked that are using some bot to play the game for them. At least, their reaction speeds seem inhumane on my screen. I haven't even registered what tile opponent has discarded because of the hand animations partially blocking the view and they're already calling chi, pon or whatever on it. It's interesting to play against since they have scarily good tile effiency and it puts time pressure on my own decisions by making my turns come up faster, but it's a bit silly to look at.

Is it worth investing time to learn the rules of sex and practicing? It seems complex. I'm a neet so I'd only be able to go to have sex online. If it's not something spectacularly fun then it's not worth my time

>I decided so, my opinion on what things people could do as their hobbies is absolute

Attached: fujitakana-7.png (240x240, 85K)

I'm crying Yea Forumsros i was so close to my first yakuman

Attached: Fuuuuuck.png (1896x931, 1.66M)

Yes, that's correct, and you haven't refuted it yet. I made a jab about F2P games like everyone does all the time here and you threw an absolute fucking insecurity-fueled temper tantrum over it, and then proceeded to only further reinforce that.

Concession accepted! Thanks for admitting you were wrong.

Is it worth investing time to learn the rules of call of duty and practicing? It seems complex. There's no local scene in my country so I'd only be able to play online. If it's not something spectacularly fun then it's not worth my time

>I can't read

Attached: 1527286314667.jpg (600x450, 24K)

Under all the yaku bullshit, it's just number matching game. You have 23, what do you want next? I have 334 and lone west tile, which one should I keep?
Once you understand tile efficiency and building yaku, you can make the call on instantly. There's reason why the devs put 3+5 seconds rule.

How dare people support game developers that made a game they like to play, it truly is despicable.

>kan into tsumo

Attached: 1523102802415.png (765x720, 362K)

Has nothing to do with the fact that it's not a "hobby"

I honestly want to learn to play but there are so many yaku and the conditions for some of them so esoteric I feel like I could never memorize them all. I feel like I can either try to cram and memorize them all at once, which I know is unfun and unrealistic, or I can just play knowing the most basic ones, which I know isn't bringing me any closer to knowing all of them and is putting me at a disadvantage against players that know them.

The core of the game is fun but there's so much autistic pageantry you have to memorize that even playing a video game version shit happens and I don't know why.

You learn them a little bit at a time. Just keep the guide up while you play and over time they'll come to you.

I almost always discard as fast as I can get the mouse to click. I'm often looking two or more discards ahead and if I'm going to call I already know what I'm calling before it comes out. I only use the clock on actual tough choices.

Majsoul Friends Room 68507(4-Player South): mahjongsoul.game.yo-star.com/?room=68507

2 more

Attached: 1557341436779.png (1690x1847, 3.13M)

Mahjong is not a hobby? What the fuck is it then?

We're not talking about mahjong retard, we're talking about dumping money into gacha pulls for cosmetics.

Attached: 1543399952389.jpg (640x480, 162K)

I am well aware that it gets faster the more you play - but that would also imply they were constantly ready to press chi or pon without thinking a second about it. What if they messed up the chi call by using the wrong sequence? It's just a bit weird, since you can't see the person (or bot) making the decisions.

I enjoy listening to new things with you guys. Post music. Anything goes.
youtube.com/watch?v=rhmhaf8xTAc

I think some people literally just press buttons as soon as they come up. I don't think I've seen any bots because a lot of calls that people do make are kinda bad which defeats the purpose of having a bot.

How do people deal with extended tile waits in real life? Do they just memorize the patterns or do you get to a point where you can just see them at a glance? I needed to stare at this for a good 2 minutes before I realized it was a 5 sided wait.

Attached: mqfqwr.png (1506x198, 219K)

Are you pretending to be retarded? You realize you're in a mahjong game thread? What else are we talking about but mahjong?
People spend money to support the devs, seems like it's a hard concept for you to understand but maybe someday you'll have money and will be able to do so too.

Been listening to Giant Robo OST while playing
youtube.com/watch?v=B3CjuGZMRzM&list=PLISjHIk6iRjJrvmp4vpLFECZDww8_45RW&index=1

Probably better I just check the log and see how efficient their decisions actually were.

If you know what you're doing, yes. Think about it, originally it's a tabletop gambling game and IRL there's no popup alert that tells you if you can pon, chi, or even ron, so how do those players play the game on real table, then?

youtube.com/watch?v=zId56QBlCvs
Remember to mute riichi music because it's all dogshit awful

There are some apps to train on that subject, but those apps are focused on chinitsu case which honestly is very rare. Just learn basic of 4 threes and 1 pair and you're good.
By the way, 12347.

Practice and patterns. I practice with this game
gamedesign.jp/flash/bamboo/bamboo.html
In that game you have to know if you have a hand or not, it will give you the button even if you don't have a hand and you will lose points if you make a mistake.

A. People aren't paying to support the devs, they're paying because they want the kawaii anime girls. If it were a pay to play game or a donation button or something we wouldn't see all these people having spent 100+ dollars. It's really not what you're trying to make it out to be, please be realistic.
B. Even if were just spending to support the devs, that still doesn't fall under the definition of "hobby" which is all I'm arguing here.
C. Gacha rolls for pure cosmetics really have nothing to do with the mahjong itself.

Please actually read the conversation before posting in it.
Again, my point isn't to say people can't do what they want with their money and that they aren't allowed to enjoy something they enjoy, it's just that calling it a "hobby" is pretty delusional. It's like people who call smoking weed or buying scratch tickets their "hobby."

gg, gotta get up early tomorrow so i'm gonna call it a night

Classical music works really well

youtu.be/EmZF3kBZQ6E

Attached: 1467317938920.gif (480x238, 415K)

This is my goto mahjong music
plaza.one/

Playing irl on a nice night with the windows open and this radio playing is top tier cozy

English apk release when

just play kemono mahjong :3

Attached: 1531117228615.jpg (1920x1080, 891K)

Thanks for taking all my points. Let's do it again sometime.

Any lobbies open?

youtube.com/watch?v=uZS7eZIit7o

I'd create a lobby but I don't want to wait for 30 minutes waiting

Majsoul Friends Room 11405(4-Player South): mahjongsoul.game.yo-star.com/?room=11405

Two more, boys.

I'd join, but I'm currently in a ranked match, and we're not past east 1.

what would you do? someone ended up doing a 9 draw.

Attached: akadora.png (904x133, 86K)

If 2D girls don't get naked, I'm not interested.

Depends if it's in south wind or round.

kan-nya the south for no reason and then hope someone gets blown up by the doras

This isn't strip Mahjong.

Attached: 1557115187266.png (100x100, 6K)

>cut haku and hatsu
>see if I can make something from 2m, but otherwise cut that too
>make something from 5m and 5p, if south is seat/round wind, force call
>ideal scenario would be sanshoku, red 3

discard 2, 3,wh, g, turn off my chii pon kan nya so I don't fuck up, then BELIEVE IN THE HEART OF THE TILES.

nigga just draw one

Depends on situation but the 5's aren't bad to hold on to because they're middle tiles.

Majsoul Friends Room 68507(4-Player South): mahjongsoul.game.yo-star.com/?room=68507

Need 1 more

Attached: pon.jpg (1465x1263, 815K)

I certainly should have.

Attached: nadeshiko-12.png (240x240, 86K)

is over that way

refuge.tokyo/pc9801/Puzzle.html

ohayou

If the game runs into a crawl with little calls, I'd keep the 5s and souths. You may need to discard one south tile for more room or just safety toss when someone riichis. Otherwise, you'd have to let them go for faster melds, possibly being half flush with the dragons involved. Chiitoitsu is an option too but that's when you get really good pair draws to accompany the 5s.

I want to eat yummy butterscotch candy tiles!

Attached: 1550882055955.jpg (1200x800, 56K)

brah i can see your title, it's like you're showing me your tits

Attached: mikamichiori-7.png (240x240, 86K)

Attached: 1484803566829.png (800x600, 24K)

>thread up 24/7
>people posting the same comments and pictures over and over again
Sounds like a general thread which belongs on

have sex, tranny

bend over, faggot

Maybe he is.

Attached: 350px-dora_and_wanpai.jpg (350x263, 26K)

Having an absolute blast playing ranked today, how is your day going Yea Forums?

Attached: Untitle33d.png (1705x936, 1.5M)

Why are people censoring who they are playing against?
You know this isn't reddit, right?

Must you do this?

I'm stuck in an east game with 5 dealer repeats and I need it to end before 4 minutes for the yaku mission.

I'm on my way to get magical sands.

It's because of the /vg/ boogeyman, if they see names they think it's a general

that's the opposite of reddit you dumpass

Yes~

Attached: nadeshiko-0.png (240x240, 78K)

what happens here if somebody drops a 4 pin and i refuse to ron on it? im pretty sure i'll furiten but will it be one of those 1 rotation ones or a permanent one? do you think it's worth waiting for the 1pin here?

Attached: bonnie tyler - holding out for a yaku.png (1711x934, 1.55M)

Temporary
I'd take the first one that pops, it's only East 1

which wind is supposed to be "yours"? the one to the left of you or the one to the right?

One turn only. Not like you shouldn't do it anyway, your hand is not goign to get better.

Attached: 1558328655111.png (311x223, 80K)

1 pin would give sanshoku

This fucking game is ass and luck based. Fuck lerning yaku when you can't even get a tanyo with all these shitty terminals I get. It's like poker but more infuriating.

Left. It's obvious because it's the one facing directly towards you. The rest are either sideways or backwards.

based nyaggers calling kans while I'm in Riichi

Attached: file.png (1272x650, 938K)

It's over Astolfo, your ass is mine.

Attached: asstolfo.jpg (1913x1183, 286K)

>4700 coppers
>Want to claim the free 4500 copper, but to do so need to lose 200.
>Try to play some silver games
>Now 5500 copper
Why must i be so damn good?

You were meant to make chanta

No. Saki is hot garbage yuri-baiting. It's extra hard yuri-baiting, but it's ultimately yuri-baiting. Saki fans are also unironically the dog-eaters of the Mahjong world. Surprising no one, because they are yuri fans.

Yuri is shit.

Chinks are so bad at Mahjong that they actually figured out a cheat that just tells you the most efficient discard.

I don't know what that is, but I'm sure I didn't have enough terminals for that either. My hands were ass, I get too few terminals for half outside and too much for tanyo, pinfu isn't good damn possible cause I'm sitting on a triplet and two pairs with no way to get a sequence, while being to far for seven pairs, I swear I hate this game but it's fun af, but it's also ass, I don't even think I'll even hit the bottom for them magical sands.

Animahjong X
but fuck your PC-98 shit, play Taisen Hot Gimmick 4 Ever for the arcade instead

>About 80 games in
>Not once i made a chanta
Should i be worried?
I seem to never have the chance

>people cheat at online games
wow this is truly surprising

Shitty one Han open chanta is pretty easy

suck it up fag, use efficiency trainer

Absolutely destroyed.

Attached: double yakuman.jpg (1918x1247, 315K)

Fuk is that? That flash game that doesn't seem to work on my machine™?

>watched akagi years ago with zero mahjong knowledge
>finally learn mahjong these past days (reached silverlet)
>rewatch some akagi episodes
>barely understand 10% of what's going on
youtube.com/watch?v=PQZ8hb6G1-4

Fuck nyaggers

Attached: 24.000.jpg (1437x782, 179K)

For all the non asians in here can you please share your stories about how you picked up mahjong or even bothered to learn

Randomly bought it on Steam one day along with KoiKoi then figured it out bit by bit how to play from there.

You just discard tiles you don't need, that's the bare minimum of mahjong.

My third yakuman in ten minutes.

Attached: TENHOU YAKUMAN.jpg (1911x1179, 297K)

euophrys.itch.io/mahjong-efficiency-trainer

GG was good two games.

Well that's not really cheating, it's just telling the computer to work shit you're supposed to do in the game.
Even in that case, it's not 100% proof.

>watch kaiji, incredible
>watch/read akagi, pick up simple concepts like riichi but have no idea what the yaku are, only that not all hands are legal
>want to learn, but scoring and yaku seem intimidating, also don't know about Tenhou, so I don't even know where I'd play it
>mahjsoul comes out, it's in English, there are other beginners jumping in, give it a shot
>pick it up easily, the game was much more complex in my imagination than it is in reality

That's it.

I used to play with my mom and aunts when I was a kid, surprisingly we actually did chinese rules instead of the american jewjong shit old ladies usually play. We didn't do scoring or anything fancy though.

I got re-interested in it recently because a few irl friends were into riichi, then FFXIV added it in as a minigame and I decided it was time to re-learn it

ggs

Attached: Sanbaiman.jpg (1707x854, 303K)

same as this but played a bit in yakuza 0 against the easy AI. I didn't know what i was doing at all but it helps to just play and get some experience

>watched akagi
>played the flash version, didn't understand how yaku worked
>learned how yaku worked
>played tenhou until i got it down

I found it after watching akagi. The same thing was with Hikaru no Go but in the end Go is too deep for a brainlet like me, you need to devote your life for it to become a good player. Japanese games are fun, be it vidya or board ones.

Attached: c8537216ede75296be01f99eb43e29b7f0918ef0_hq.jpg (320x240, 25K)

i watched akagi a long time ago and then eventually joined a group of drug-abusing weeaboos that played it all the time. we saved up for an automatic table like 4 years ago and have been playing on and off ever since.

Attached: 1555736560838.jpg (787x830, 398K)

Was in a gaming meetup several years ago, and saw four dudes huddled up and playing mahjong. I watched them play, and then when one player left I asked if I could join, and they taught me the basic rules and hand building. Didn't grasp yakus at the time, but managed to memorize 7 pairs, and won a round with it.

nice kans

>Japanese games
what did he mean by this

He meant Japanese games
Chinese mahjong is very different from Japanese mahjong

>euophrys.itch.io/mahjong-efficiency-trainer

Tile efficiency seems gay, how am I supposed to get the big dick hands if I am efficient all the time.
Memes aside how much dose this even help you? It's seems like common sense but it's not like alot of hands can come out of tile efficiency except simple ones. I could be wrong though so educate me

What are the primary differences anyway?

was browsing Yea Forums and saw one of these threads

Furiten and dora.
Furiten is huge, it's what the entire defensive game comes from. Unless someone's doing something incredibly obvious like a full flush there isn't really anything defensive you can do in Chinese mahjong and everyone just always pushes their hands. Depending on the variant you don't even pay much more for dealing in and everyone still pays, so there isn't really much incentive to ever be defensive.

One is played by nips
One is played by japs

>Declaring riichi with a yakuman

Attached: 1552177255220.png (440x440, 197K)

That sounds interesting its own right, but I think I'd rather stick with furiten being in the game.

efficiency just means you're making the right discards to give yourself the most amount of options to improve your hands to get to tenpai asap

it's something that actually gives you some control of the game or at least helps you have a higher chance to get lucky, sure it may not get you the best scoring hands but winning fast means others arent

there really is just no other alternative unless you think you can lucker dog some oddly specific yaku every hand

Attached: lp2.gif (500x500, 804K)

there's a part that goes over this in the riichi book (which you should read if you haven't) but the short version is that because you're playing with akadora you don't actually need big yakus to reliably win and you should just go for fast hands with good waits, which is what being efficient gets you

even shorter version is play the dora lottery and win fabulous prizes

It only becomes permanent if it's your discard, or you're in riichi.

Big dick hands need big dick strats.

Having a computer tell you the best next move is literally cheating in every single sport and game imaginable.

You saying I gotta play like a bitch to win? Untill the tide of luck that comes once every 3000 nutsack rotation on my sweaty balls gives me something better than a three han hand?
If that's what I gotta do. Thanks for the tips.

Attached: aiharamai-4b.png (240x240, 88K)

>6 pin, 6 pin 5 man, 4 sou, 6 sou
That was hard to figure out.

If being efficient is playing like a bitch, yes. Mangan are also a lot more common with akadora.

yeah just play efficiently, if you want a little bit of a higher score try to build your hand around dora tiles you may have or red 5s or waits on these tiles

but im hard stuck adept 2 and still need to finish riichi book 1 so listen to someone else

Attached: 1948921893893.png (882x726, 644K)

>I wouldn't know in the future if I needed that tile.
This is the scrub mentality.
It IS your fault if you can't plan ahead.
Get good or stay silver.

Watched Akagi on a whim having no experience with Mahjong whatsoever. I barely even remembered that it was a tile matching game at that point. After a few episodes, I found a site that taught the rules to Riichi Mahjong, then I got gifted a set. I played off/on in real life and on tenhou for a long while.

I never really REALLY learned to play until I picked up Mahjong Pretty Girl Battle off of Steam, and then I grinded like 200 games to unlock all of the girls. When I came out of that hellscape, I had memorized every rule and yaku there was. I spend more time teaching the new players these days than I do playing.

>You saying I gotta play like a bitch to win?
How many big dick sanbaimans you got this month?

>Mahjong Pretty Girl Battle
was it a good fap

based shinzo abe

Attached: sudoku.png (746x671, 609K)

what the fuck is this

It wasn't. The girl designs were like 80% trash, 20% "It's okay", and none of them sexualized enough to bother whipping it out for.

Went to an anime con and there was a Mahjong room there where I finally learned to play it after I'd watched Akagi and Saki.
Some young girls actually showed up too and I played them. Big mistake. Saki is a documentary, all girls actually have mahjong superpowers.
On the last day they ran a tournament where I was the only one to get a yakuman, sadly didn't win though.

Grand Order 麻雀 (GranOrder麻雀 (maajan (mahjong)))

You can find it in the usual places.

The nerve on some people.

Attached: Untitled.png (565x533, 275K)

Can someone explain this image to a brainlet?

What does tanki word tile imply? It's safe to discard an honor tile if I use it as a single wait?

What does suji-pai of 19 mean? Is 4 and 6 considered safe if someone's riichi discard is 1 or 9?

Man I don't fucking get it

Attached: 1558101720790.jpg (626x548, 128K)

What a gay

Ah unlucky didn't realize it was an Eroge
I'm Christian so I can't play such things

justanotherjapanesemahjongblog.blogspot.com/2012/01/defence-theory4-suji-pai.html?m=1

I don't compute.

You miss 100% of shots you don't take.

He was very close to a fucking yakuman and instantly threw it away for some trash.

Tanki of honor means it would only be possible they're on a single pair wait for that tile, i.e. you already know where 3 of them are including the one you're considering discarding. Suji pai 19 is 1 or 9 when the 4 or 6 has been discarded. The inverse is not true since they could be on a 4-7/3-6 wait.

I did not care for the cat
Now she is cute

Mahjong is rotting my brain

THE GAME'S NOT LETTING ME GET A FUCKING HONIITSU WHAT THE FUCK

Thank you, that clears it up

based

Attached: Untitled.png (454x113, 29K)

This just feels dumb. Might be great learning tool for nyaggers who lack direction but I'll just keep to my gut instinct and pool observation to make my choices.

Attached: luck beats statistics.jpg (1457x1060, 215K)

I think the flash assumes tiles that are 3 tiles apart are the worst and you should discard one of them as soon as possible
Whether that's mathematically true I can't be bothered to check

Attached: D5958B9A-49DA-45A8-BEB3-533960222AE6.png (370x320, 30K)

It's honestly really retarded, just the simple fact that it has dora and wind indicators, which do not matter for hand building (besides the dora indicator being 1 tile less) tells you enough.

You are retarded.

What should I exchange for with the event items?

COPPER

You should be able to easily get all orbs and at least one bond gift for your character of choice. Cat wants cookie hag wants gem.

I'm not sure if this is a shitpost or if you just don't know what "nip" means

There is also even more risky cathegory, called suji waits (ura suji and the likes), which is basically speculation about exact shape of opponent hand and assuming he is making efficient cuts in varied stages of the game. It's complicated though, easy to abuse (double suji trapped chiitoi tanki waits are the most effective ron-able hands in riichi). Basically you should only resort to them if you desperately need to win and are capable of taking a hit.

Am I doing good bro's?

Attached: file.png (534x179, 57K)

I'm not sure if this is a shitpost or if you just don't know what "nip" means

Those charts are meaningless if you won't pair them wih your detailed stats as well as your ranking.

>opponent riichis
>someone deals in right away or they get ippatsu tsumo
>i riichi
>everyone plays safe

We're all onto you

?????

Lack of riichi, uses flower and season tiles, no furiten so the river looks like a fucking mess (seriously, just look at a photo), lenient yaku and more impact on Fu punctation. Basically it's very dumbed down version, unsuitable for professional play.

>lenient yaku and more impact on Fu punctation.
None of the modern versions of chinese mahjong use fu anymore, it's just the doubles which are essentially the same thing as han

Nipponese.

Woah

Attached: 4 sou.jpg (1437x772, 148K)

Japponese

Like no shit sherlock. It's a slang against Japanese like chink is for the Chinese, it's properly used in and (the first one) is probably the actual retard who doesn't know what a nip is.

>one in a million time nyagger doesn't call and go for riichi

Attached: riichi.jpg (669x528, 59K)

>it's properly used in
Look at the post again haha

That really doesn't make any sense though, are you saying some japs play chinese rules and some play riichi?

The chink game is generous and is teaching you to damaten.

Would do the same, people throw eights easily.

>Chinese mahjong is very different from Japanese mahjong
>What are the primary differences anyway?
>One is played by nips
>One is played by japs

Like holy shit dude are you actually extremely retarded?

Attached: 1447558761453.gif (400x219, 1.98M)

>one is played by japanese
>one is played by japanese
???

IT'S THAT TO WHITEYS ARR ASIANS ROOK THE SAME

>I would go for 3 han hand instead of getting a better wait with tanyao, pinfu for guaranteed mangan and possible haneman with 1 ura dora or tsumo.

Attached: fujitakana-5.png (240x240, 82K)

What's the joke here?

I LIKE TO THANKS THESE FAGGOTS FOR TEACHING ME TILE EFFICANY.

Attached: HE DELT IT THE MADMAN.png (1819x968, 1.83M)

>double riichi
>all three players avoid it and force a draw

>starting hand consists only pinzu and souzu
>drew manzu and unrelated wind tiles for 8 turns
also, fuck this 'flow' really. Sometimes when you're up against one very dominating opponent you just always 2 steps behind no matter how fast your hand is.

>One is played by nips
>One is played by japs
good post

Attached: 1536348339998.png (800x450, 582K)

If I want to platinum Yakuza games, will I have to learn to mahjong?

Attached: 1306278191254.png (829x475, 654K)

Acting on assumption they are all going to play chinkpong game, absolutely yes.

>one guy DCs at the very start of the match
>own the two other players so hard they finish below the DCed guy in the end

Attached: fujitakana-0.png (240x240, 84K)

I play mahjong best after swallowing 1-2 benzedrex cotton rods. It's like, I can look at the pond and just telepathically know everyone's waits, and I can guess what tiles are coming next.

What performance enhancing substances do you use to get to the jade room?

>very close
lel, get out of ippan

Is there any pair wait she could be waiting on that would actually make this a legal hand?

Attached: 1542631179152.png (320x683, 214K)

she could draw a 4th tile of the triplets she has and if she completes her pair from the dead wall it'll be the Rinshan Kaihou yaku

but if those 4th tiles have already been discarded she's FUGGd

could be just a technical tenpai for the draw purposes (what's the term), some people go for it as soon as the third layer of discard (what's the term) begins

I mean know you can win with anything via rinshan kaihou or haitei or whatever, I was more just wondering if he no yaku'd himself by calling everything or if there was something I was missing.

There were like 30 tiles left in the wall so I think he's just a dumdum

>tfw he's holding that one tile you need for your hell wait

Online I am not using anything, but while playing irl with friends we usually drink few beers and follow up with vodka. Once I played on LSD and literally heard the whispers of tiles, telling me to go for the most outrageous hands. Managed to get man-zu chiotoi honitsu and sou-zu sanankou honitsu. And fuck me, tiles never before looked that outrageously beautiful.

Chankan, rinshan and houtei. In other words, you are dealing with complete idiot.

Why can I never get the easy common yaku like wind yakuhai and pinfu when the event dailies need them
Normally I get multiple per match but when they're a daily I can play like 5 matches and not get a single one even if I try to go for them

Attached: 1537017746382.jpg (900x973, 204K)

Yes.

>lel, get out of ippan
r u envy?

Attached: bronze.jpg (1812x1501, 736K)

Imagine the game with all the three table mates besides you sprinting to tenpai because their addon said them so, that's 90% bronze 75% silver and about 40% gold games (by how I feel it)
literally soulless
fucking matrix agents Smiths

I figured there had to be an actual game behind the solitaire version so I looked it up. That was a long time ago but I didn't actually start playing until maybe 6 years ago.

Is there any guide for what all the extra stuff is in a match? I understand the regular mahjong just fine, but there are cards and some sorts of abilities and I really don't know what I'm looking at.

Efficient hands tends to make obvious kind of discards - just wait in terminal/honor tanki waits and get easy points lol. And above gold playing 100% efficiently is literal death wish unless you luck out tsumo.

Does it tell you when you need to betaori or go for more expensive hands or rebuild your hand? Does it see the flow of the game? Can it recognize safe tiles?

Attached: yagiyui-6.png (240x240, 69K)

>daburu riichi nya
>tsumo nya, ippatsu
Guess I got outplayed

Attached: 1363684203620.jpg (975x720, 202K)

>with north at the time, east is to the left and west is to the right
Why does this trigger me so fucking much?

>not winning yourself round one for the free yakuman
lmao, git gud

It's the celestial compass. If you take a map of the stars and lay it on a table it'll actually be upside down.

They're mapping winds though, not the stars.

I was learning this shit today. Am I wrong in believing it's a higher IQ version of Poker? Because it feels like Poker for intelligent people.

It is nyaa

taisen hot gimmick
mahjong shikaku

>toimen is riichi'd, pretty sure kamicha is in tenpai too (he was)
>shit, just have to betaori and maybe get tenpai by draw if I'm lucky
>draw a chun, none discarded, hand is officially ded as fuck
>my last discard goes through, at least I didn't deal in
>second to last discard, toimen flips a 1-sou
>shimocha pons it
>FUCK, am I really going to have to pay 3k noten penalty over this shit hand
>last discard, toimen flips over his own seat wind
>RON, houtei only, 2 dora, 3900 to shimocha
>toimen ragequits before the scoring screen even closes

I laff'd and wound up 2nd for the trouble, but there was something wrong with that shimocha.

I'm sure there's some unknown reason for it that's lost in translation, like how dragons aren't actually dragons, somebody just called them that because they wanted it to sound more asian mystical I guess.

Can it paint with all the colors of the wind?

Asians love throwing the most vague surface level symbolism into everything, so I assume it's just that.

Majsoul Friends Room 62704(4-Player South): mahjongsoul.game.yo-star.com/?room=62704
standard hanchan

get in here, ill pon the SHIT out of you

Attached: 1341512241607.jpg (1280x1024, 903K)

2/4

>Nikaidou sensei wants a menzen tsumo/pinfu today
Nyaggers finally get the rope

still 2 more
cum on anons get in!

Attached: 1390682548723.jpg (800x600, 428K)

I would say that's pretty accurate
In poker the entire game is betting based on what hand you're dealt, but in mahjong you strategically build your hand but also "bet" by deciding when to push and when to fold, how valuable vs fast to build your hand, etc

I'm admittedly biased because I love the game but I think it's very well designed

Attached: 1530517771701.jpg (2048x1152, 777K)

Now this is beautiful.

Attached: fierce battle for third place.jpg (936x1100, 300K)

What was the dora? I only count 2 han.

Dora is 3 pin, he doesn't have any.

Attached: he did it.png (738x278, 199K)

Is there a decent tutorial program for this? I picked up the basics from Yakuza, but some of the terminology and the hands/scoring system are completely arcane to me.

Oh, I forgot about the riichi stick, kek.

based chink gambling on a meaningless death

Nice

I consistently see multiple people simultaneously hitting ready-to-win hands mid-to late game, so I think even with all the bullshit the whole thing is balanced enough.

For scoring, I just aim for making melds with the shiny tiles and also the big yaku that count for more han. Just have a picture or something with all of the yaku on it while playing, and eventually you'll have them memorized.

Attached: 1556613159943.png (2600x1750, 577K)

Hands are easier to remember if you remember what makes the hand instead of trying to remember the name of it. They all have a simple theme to them.

You don't really have to worry about how scoring exactly works if you let the computer do it. There are some cases where fu makes a significant difference, but it's honestly rare. For normal play, it's safe to estimate

1han: 1k
2han: 2k
3han: 4k
4-5han (at 5+ han, fu literally doesn't matter): 8k
6-7han: 12k
8-10han (this is the highest you'll get except on rare occasions): 16k
11-12han: 24k
13+han: 32k

Multiply by 1.5 if the dealer wins. If a non-dealer wins by tsumo, the dealer has to pay half and the other players pay a quarter each. If the dealer wins by tsumo, the other players pay a third each.

It's a dumb meme and nobody even gets the joke anymore.

Note that these are only rough estimates and mainly work with 30 fu. With pinfu hands, the values can be a little lower like 4 han 20 fu being 5200. And with a closed triplet or quad of terminals or honors, the value can shoot up. But after 5 han, these things don't matter anymore.

Also, the only yaku you absolutely should know are yakuhai, tanyao, riichi, and pinfu, because these are going to be 80%+ of your winning hands even after you memorize the other yaku.

me literally every game

Attached: 1542526687572.png (1207x701, 174K)

lol

Tfw didn't pray hard enough.
Thanks for the game!

Attached: Desktop 2019.05.19 - 23.06.31.10.DVR.mp4.webm (640x360, 2.12M)

pls replace this with the newer version kthx

Attached: 1527670687409.png (2600x1750, 578K)

>mikobro with the "cat food supplier" title
>feeds points to all the cats
dare I say based?

Thanks, that clears things up a bit! Couple more questions if that's ok:

- What are 'shiny' tiles?
- Is furisen an optional rule, like that one about the dora? I don't recall being penalised for using discard tiles before.
- In a bad deal situation, say with one pair or similar, is it worth going for the crazier yaku (Thirteen Orphans etc) more often than not?
- Also I stick to closed hands, how far can you get without worrying about stealing tiles?
- Is there a difference between melds and yaku?

Sorry for my ignorance.

kill yourself please

I'm tired of dealing into no-information riichis.

Attached: 1553425985458.png (917x942, 607K)

ignore rudeposters

>that one guy who gets tsumo everytime

LITERALLY UNPLAYABLE

Attached: REEEEEEEEEEE.png (1233x661, 1001K)

I did get bashed in the head with a 3 han 70fu dealer mangan that one time thanks to a concealed wind kan.

>check twitter for new stuff
>nine gates is trending ( #九連宝燈 )

Sasuga nippon

I can't even tell why, seems like it just happens.

Attached: 2019-05-20 17.42.10.png (1435x2070, 318K)

RARE

When a tile is shining that just means it's dora. Red fives are always dora, other tiles are dora when the dora indicator in the top left is sequentially one tile before it. So if the dora indicator is a 1 bamboo, 2 bamboos will be dora and shiny and worth 1 han for being in your hand. If 4 bamboo is the dora indicator, the red 5 bamboo is worth 2 han and regular 5 bamboos are worth 1 han.

Furiten isn't an optional rule, but remember it only counts for ron and you can still win via tsumo if you're in furiten.

You really shouldn't go for any yakuman unless your opening deal is already close to one. A bad hand can quickly turn into a good hand because the more disconnected your hand is, the more possible tiles can make it better.

Closed hands are generally better overall, but calling is worth doing for bigger yaku or to nab a fast win when you have a lot of dora or if you're way ahead in points and want to end the game quickly.

"Melds" just refer to the sets of three that make up a winning hand. Thee of a kind is a meld, a three tile sequence is a meld, and three melds and a pair is a winning hand.

Attached: 1530714048107.png (1367x768, 1.53M)

what do you use to record webms like this?

Majsoul Friends Room 91191(4-Player South): mahjongsoul.game.yo-star.com/?room=91191

Attached: 3753-2019-05-15-21;31;12.png (261x339, 87K)

I have a nivida graphics card so I shadow play to record initial footage then use ffmpeg to convert into webm.

You could use OBS + webm converter.

1 MORE

Seems like it's because of this shindanmaker.com/632545

Thank you!

Last question, sorry: What is a 'wait'? That yaku chart mentions it.

>What are 'shiny' tiles?
Mahjong soul's assist feature that makes dora shiny
>Is furiten an optional rule
I'd say it's a pretty fundamental aspect of riichi mahjong that actually allows someone to tactically defend
>is it worth going for yakuman
It depends, digital mahjong isn't about being first, it's about dodging last. I mean if you're just playing with friends go wild I guess.
> how far can you get without worrying about stealing tiles?
It depends. you could be unlucky and be forever iishanten but personally I have a 30% call rate. Even if you don't get to tenpai being closed means you've got a wider selection of betaori tiles and you're withholding info from the others.
>Is there a difference between melds and yaku?
Melds are just the basic groupings, yaku are the combination of groupings that actually give points and allow you to win.

>what are shiny tiles
Dora/akadora. They're worth 1 han each and are one of the easiest ways to wind up with a big dick hand. Just keep in mind that these aren't yaku, so don't pon a terminal dora unless you know how you're actually qualifying the hand.

>is furiten an optional rule
Not in riichi mahjong. Keep in mind you can still tsumo and you're still counted for being in tenpai at draw, so it's sometimes better to stay in furiten instead of breaking up your hand.

>in a bad deal situation, is it better to go for kokushi musou
I don't. Unless you start with 10+ terminals/honors, your chances of actually getting kokushi is really low. You're more likely to get lucky and have a fast turnaround if you play the hand normally. Then again, how hard you want to go for crazy stretch hands is ultimately up to you.
>how far can you get without calling
Pretty dang far. Good players only call on 30-40% of hands. You're not playing optimally by never calling, but you'd still be playing much better than people who call too much.
>is there a difference between melds and yaku
A meld is just a set of three. Yaku are qualifiers that make your hand valid, and are worth at least 1 han a piece. You're probably conflating the two because of yakuhai, a meld of dragons or active winds that counts as a yaku.

Ah. Looks like it some kind of Mahjong personality test going around and everyone's taking it. Why though.

>If you were to become a yaku in mahjong.

That explains why all the different yakus are popping up.

did chink weeb devs adopt japanese mahjong? the rule is different from the chink version.

Wait is your winning tile. Can be a single one or multiple ones

im a retard, whats attack and defend?

Attached: SachikoConfused.png (483x487, 201K)

The tile/tiles you're waiting on to complete your hand. The only non-yakuman hand with special wait requirements is pinfu. An open wait means you have two non-terminals (e.g. 5,6) as your last incomplete meld and you so you need one of the tiles on either end (e.g. 4 or 7) to turn it into a run and finish the hand.

Attack is trying to make a (big) hand as quickly as possible.
To defend is to not deal into others and thus not paying.
These two may or may not allign in some situations.

A wait just refers to what tiles you're waiting on to win once you're in tenpai (a ready hand waiting for a draw or discard to finish). A two-way wait is a pair plus three completed melds and then something like a 2-3, so you're waiting on either a 1 or a 4 to finish that meld and win.

Some other waits are like a 2-4 so you're waiting on a 3 to go in between and finish the last meld, or you can have the four melds finished and then a single that you're waiting for another copy of to make the pair, etc. Two way waits are nice because they have more tiles that can finish the hand.

There are some more complicated ones that accept more than two tiles, but don't worry about that much for now.
The easy one is a pair, two melds, and then a five tile sequence like 4-5-6-7-8 waiting to make up the last two melds. You can win off a 4, a 6, or an 8; any of those will turn that into two sequences.

Wait is the set of tiles that would complete your hand when its in tenpai. as to why it might matter for yaku, pinfu for example will only count on a ryanmen wait aka a 2 sided wait on a run (23 waiting for 1 or 4 to complete the meld). doesn't mean you have to literally wait on 2 tiles though, if you have 34567 you can win on 2/5/8 because there's 2 valid ryanmen waits.

room where

Attached: 1509584066832.gif (441x270, 442K)

3 6 or 9 I mean

totally understandable tho if you know the difference between chink and japanese mahjong.

chinks normally play their mahjong not japanese. chink weebs, seems like the devs are the ones who made azur lane, however tend to adopt japanese stuff more than anyone else.

got it. so every time someone calls my tile my def stat goes down a little? or just when they win from me?

Yostar is a publisher, they neither made Azur lane nor Mahjong Soul

*3-6-9

Original chinese server is the exact same game. Meaning riichi, = japanese mahjong. Go try it, they won't even ask you to show them your google privates, just a name and a pass.
majsoul.union-game.com/0/

If they ron you.
You need to worry about deal-in rate tho, the def stat is useless.

yes user I already corrected myself

The defense stat is just the deal-in rate of the last 100 games. If you wanna increase it, you have to deal in less.

By games, does it mean hands or matches?

Either way, I think most people agree the stat blobs aren't that useful for tracking performance.

I think he meant Chinese version of mahjong in general, not the Chinese version of mahjong soul.

lol the power of mainland chink weebs. i think chinese mahjong is still very popular and mainstream. chink weebs however aint compromise.

from Yakuza of course, I had actually expected that to be the most common answer especially on Yea Forums.

Thanks!

There were some times where 4 han is 12000. Why is that?

>"uuh I dunno what to discard I'll just copy big dick players and play a nine"
>"oh sweet, I got a seven to my eight for tanyao"

this is you, every game.

Furiten is a thing to embrace, it gives you a get out card when the enemy throws something away. Otherwise the game would be total chaos with unpredictable agaris all around and every round ending in frustration.

If you happen to have a good wait (1-4-7 for instance) because it just so happened to give you a sou-streak in the last 7 draws but you actually discarded a 4 since you thought it's unneeded (because fuck me if I can tell you in a glance what 444-55-6666-777 waits for) and it turns out you're furiten, you can still riichi for it and hope for a Tsumo.

Dealer mangan. Again, the dealer gets a total of 1.5 the normal payout, so 1.5 x 8k= 12k.

>Multiply by 1.5 if the dealer wins

Cheers

for a better wait, you'll not have to break tenpai.

Say you get tenpai on a 7-9. Riiching might be dangerous, the other players look pretty ready (onee-san is discarding sou all of a sudden, her hon-itsu is ready, the nyaggers both ponned 3 times) and if shit comes to shove and you draw something dangerous you might want to beta-ori.

Then you get a 6. 9 is save so you swap and now wait for 5-8. I'd Riichi if it's at least 3 han.

libera me from this hell

Attached: aaaaaaaaaa.png (796x223, 58K)

>getting ronned

I want to fuck the hag

YOU'RE TOO SLOW
your DEF needs work, that's the one thing you can actively improve
ATK goes up with lucky draws and you taking in all the yaku you can (and also stop calling everything)

Basically, any success you had so far is because you are a Nyagger-abusing dora whore.

Not that guy but I get 4ths for being the punching bag of multiple tsumos, especially with the dealer penalty.

man... I'm some kind of special alright.

Attached: 2019-05-20_00-20-18.png (1289x651, 1.01M)

gg stuck in ishanten that last few rounds.

Attached: ichihime-8.png (240x240, 109K)

the pond already told you nobody is discarding sou at all, and you wait for it
Dunno when you got into tenpai but i'd have changed it if still in the first or second row.

Heck, I would've risked dealing into the nee-san on the right because her hand looks dirt-cheap (and in fact would not have ronned).

Had you dealt it you would've lost 2000. Kinda worth it with your dora, but that's hindsight so hey, you did okay.

>top hand
damn thats unlucky
anyways accept my friend inv

This only happens on some systems, like the font in your stats page overlapping only on some monitors for some obscure reason.

Next time if you have this kind of situation again (dont be) discard the chun and pivot to tanyao will give you better chance to win.
I assume the bottom pic is you forgot to tsumo or something.

It happens, but "I never dealt in" doesn't always necessarily equate to "it wasn't my fault I lost". It could very well be the case that you're not winning hands when you should, which just gives others the opportunity to win instead. This could (but usually doesn't) mean that you should be more aggressive and less defensive, or it could simply mean that your hand-building skills need more work, whether that be in regards to tile efficiency, hand value, or hand shape.

Majsoul Friends Room 36907(4-Player South): mahjongsoul.game.yo-star.com/?room=36907

>Rank up
>First game in the new rank is a negative fourth place that sets me back 100+ points

Happened on every single rank up so far.
Maybe I'm cursed.

>cat food supplier
sure are

>pull 3 uradora out of my ass and go from 4th to 1st in South 4

later nyaggers

Attached: 1557507904235.png (555x555, 238K)

>second place at 30k
>hag in first at 50k
>south 4
>starting hand has 4 pairs
>pass on lots of pons and decide to go for 7 pairs, only way to take this hag down
>only a few draws left
>hit the hag with this
my dick

Attached: pair.jpg (1719x947, 339K)

>Why is a browser-based game from china the best riichi mahjong game in existence?
It isn't. Tenhou reigns supreme, you can customize the client too.
Sega MJ is on smartphone and PC, is more casual but has shit like anime avatars/announcers/events (eg. Saki or Fist of the North Star)
youtube.com/watch?v=_QxTQ1nT7U8
bilibili.com/video/av18053692/

Mahjong Souls is garbage, at the end of a game it's faster to close the tab and reload than to slog through the shitty animations and menu

Attached: 1552704402843.jpg (1024x768, 135K)

Sometimes you can end up in furiten just by defending and doing nothing wrong

Good luck defending

post rooms

You aren't supposed to complete your hand when you're defending

yeah but in tenhou you can't get anons posting emotes on your profile

I experienced a similar thing when going for all-triplets hand. I would've started discarding the dragons, but since none of them were showing up in discards, I expected someone to be in tenpai and waiting for it, so I just ate the furiten. Game ended in a draw and lo and behold, one of the opponents was waiting for one of the dragons.

I'm going to fuck over your dumb hand with my tanyao and/or 7 pairs.

uhh just play chinese mahjong then?

You're gonna deal in.

My hand isn't full of safe tiles. Also just folding everytime you suspect someone being in tenpai, you won't win. Sometimes you have to take risks

>spheres again
I sleep

Attached: trash chest.png (880x579, 611K)

Majsoul Friends Room 59416(4-Player East): mahjongsoul.game.yo-star.com/?room=59416

Attached: 1484476171586.jpg (640x480, 45K)

The reward has to justify the risk. Unless you've got a bunch of dora or something, tanyao and chiitoitsu are not worth pushing against a riichi, especially if you're not even tenpai.

>opponent calls pon east tiles
>immediately after discard calls pon red dragons
>on their next turn, draws the fourth east tile, declares kan
>from the kan declaration gets the fourth red dragon, declaring kan again
These chink super powers are too spooky for me

You know what's even less worth? An unfinished hand. It's not about you winning it's about ruining the hand of others

Cant believe I came back from 4th

behold the power of autism chan's easy hands only.

Good fun.

Attached: chrome_2019-05-20_01-48-03.png (85x77, 7K)

Thank god for south rounds

I'm seething, this retard calls retarded pons and it never works, but it fucks hands over for everyone else

based

Good luck chasing open tanyao and dealing in like a retard

based retard luck

Attached: file.png (1167x560, 663K)

You don't deal the obvious tiles but keep them and try to complete the hand.
Again the most worthless hand is an unfinished one

Factually incorrect, a hand that has negative worth is worth less than a worthless one

Wrong.

>retard luck
>two pons
uhh

It will always be better to have no hand than deal in one

dealing in to yakuhai/open tanyao>paying 1.5/3k noten penalty

Attached: saki.png (1728x928, 1.66M)

You don't know about possible doras of that yakuhai.

Also it started with
>re not worth pushing against a riichi, especially if you're not even tenpai

Attached: chrome_2019-05-20_02-03-07.png (383x78, 49K)

>It isn't. Tenhou reigns supreme, you can customize the client too.
The only reason to play tenhou is phoenix lobby and i doubt you're that good of a player. As for the rest it's the same mahjong experience, you'll find it anywhere. Except:

1. emotes
2. cool win animations
3. waifus with different voices, calls and outfits
4. fucking english interface
5. Stuff like different riichi sticks, music, cat paws and so on
6. the feeling of progression with character bonds, chests
7. completely free to play, you don't need to pay upon reaching jade or throne room

See? Tenhou can't compete. As for SegaMJ, looks decent for mobiles but i would rather play mahjong soul on pc because it just offers more features. The game feels more social friendly since you can do emotes in game and that's a huge factor for a lot of people. You can play souless mahjong anywhere.

Attached: 1557491666826.jpg (1618x692, 699K)

Is there an option to change log in account linkage?

>the mind of a gacha-addict

shoo

Attached: 1508050903732.gif (291x400, 3.18M)

If I discarded a tile and that tile was claimed by other player, do I still furiten with that tile?

yes

Yes

yes, that's why the tile is pointed at you

>play defensively, discarding tiles
>somehow end up with a finished hand, but no yaku
>last discard
>get under the river
Oh

Have a good day /jp/ friend.

Attached: 1450336554894.jpg (700x700, 245K)

Why would you get under a river?

Attached: svSVTg7M.png (512x309, 192K)

>1. emotes
>2. cool win animations
>3. waifus with different voices, calls and outfits
>4. fucking english interface
>5. Stuff like different riichi sticks, music, cat paws and so on
>6. the feeling of progression with character bonds, chests
>7. completely free to play, you don't need to pay upon reaching jade or throne room
All of those don't affect gameplay. Tenhou is no-frills platform that has been around for 10+ years, and during that time, there were JRM, Pairon, and other now-dead platforms. It's so simple and barebone, probably it only takes one Majsoul whale to support Tenhou's server for entire year.
I'm not gonna say which platform will die first because I like both, but different platform appeals to different people.

Why should I continue playing this game if all it does is make me mad?

Attached: tyty.png (427x145, 32K)

I tend to put auto-ron on when playing, so I wasn't even paying attention to my hand at that point since I was just dishing out safe tiles from my hand. Then the last discard happened and auto-ron did its thing before I realized it.

you enjoy being mad.

>he thinks he can stop

Do you think the devil opens the door out of hell just because you don't like it there and asked nicely to leave too?

Attached: 1542465686541.jpg (446x453, 122K)

Try to conquer the madness within you is the first step to get better user.

Start playing defensively on south, it's a good nerve therapy.

Attached: 1536971021135.png (791x217, 56K)

You have to accept that mahjong is streaky and it's the average you should be watching on.

Shut up, Fake Akagi

Attached: 1540975084510.png (720x480, 367K)

I am stunned, I guess they do exist.