What sort of inventory system do you prefer?

What sort of inventory system do you prefer?

A. Weight: 125/300
B. Items: 40/100
C. [X] [X] [ ] [ X X ]

Attached: 1535780139838.png (640x478, 431K)

I think I like C the most, but a hybrid of A and C could be cool. You could have for example a big space but low carry weight so you could take a lot of light stuff with you or have few spaces but a lot of weight to take very select items with you. That inventory interplay between space and weight could be interesting if your character can spec into both.

The vast majority of games that do inventory management don't need it and it adds nothing.

For the ones that actually need it to balance the game, C is the correct choice.

A's just a holdover from DnD's autistic attempts at "realmism."

And B is just for F2P games trying to sell you more slots.

Items > Weight > Tetris

Isn't C just B but some items take more than one slot?

i prefer C

isn't B just A but all items only cost 1 weight

>open game where you just hoard shit to sell or craft with
None.
>relatively linear game with low total amount of shit you can pick up
C.

Infinite inventory so I can focus on the actual game

A + C

Isn't C just A but every item takes 60 weight?

A
C was terrible for Resident evil 5.

Attached: 1536104042410.jpg (1920x1080, 197K)

Depends on how max limit is determined.

Infinite inventory
[item type] - [number of items]
Then put them in tabs by consumables, armor, weapons, whatever. Also batch editing capable, so I can buy, sell or modify said items in large groups. Nothing is more shit than Way of the Samurai 4 melting down swords one at a time to get scrap iron...no, there should be a system like Borderlands where you can mark items as junk then melt junk as an option.

RE5 had fancy B though, every item took up 1 slot

A is absolute garbage.
B is the most sensible one.
C should stay exclusive to Resident Evil

The best inventory system is the one in later Pokemon games. Items ordered by type and possibility to store stuff you don't need so it doesn't bloat your inventory.

Leon's magical briefcase is the best way. If you have so many items in your game you need a list, you have to many damn items in your game.

Attached: DFC6B45AD2E73B704CDFCE78D1EB483758267177.jpg (1920x1080, 331K)

What a fucking chad.

Attached: ThousandEyesIdol-RP02-EN-C-UE.png (400x587, 480K)

>C should stay exclusive to Resident Evil
You've got 10 seconds to beat it before I add you to the list of the NSF casualties.

I want a game with a real backpack that you load and unload so you can stack items on top of each other, and if you stack it too much the backpack won't close or you'll break it rlor some shit, also you can forget to zip it and all your shit will fall out and you have to clumsily pick it up and put it back

>no limit / "vault transfer" items on pickup, so you'll never be overencumbered and get to enjoy the game instead of focusing on stupid pointless inventorymanagement in a game where it's not fitting
is better than
>Weight that doesn't necessarily have a cap but slows you down gradually based on what's being carried (Ex. Kingdom come Deliverance)
is better than
>tetris block backpack (Ex. Diablo)
is better than
>just hard cap based on number of items, not weight
is better than
>slotted inventory, with each slot being able to be stacked with the same item, unless it's unique (Ex. Minecraft)

I haven't played it yet but I think Outward might have a fun & immersive backpack system for a game where it's not just a tedious chore, but instead feels like another aspect of gameplay

Attached: 1429834077787.jpg (125x118, 3K)

>a can of soda takes up as much space as an SMG

Attached: deusex-2008-01-25-04-29-06-50.png (1280x1024, 370K)

A/C hybrid in game where inventory management affects gameplay in an interesting way as opposed to making obtaining items a chore. Are there many examples of such a game?

C done properly > B > A >>>>>>>> C done badly

Attached: 1474835453613.png (480x370, 231K)

The only game I played that had a good inventory system important to gameplay was One Way Heroics which uses both A and B at the same time. If I can only have one though A is a better system assuming thought was put into the mechanic.

There isn't an SMG in DX1, and a can of soda is only equal to pistol type weapons which is plausible. And your screenshot doesn't even have either.