Mordhau

POST ONLY THE BEST WEBMS

Attached: Thats a trappin.webm (800x450, 2.88M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=p3RUhbVfhjA
youtube.com/watch?v=Y6tzCL_ORro
youtube.com/watch?v=R2L7oTZvf-U&t
youtube.com/watch?v=FiARsQSlzDc
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Attached: stompstompstomp.webm (960x540, 2.86M)

>join server
>playing Tundra
>enemy team has 6 clan dudes
>all dressed with the same viking getup, with the same emblems and accessories
>all level 27-34
>all sticking together
>all wielding spears

It was kinda impressive, but the most unfun thing ever to fight against. 1v1, it wasn't bad, but they were never alone. After about 10 minutes of taking their spears up my ass, I left the server.

>team colors
Disgusting.

that's when you start spamming smoke or fire

Attached: bullying.webm (1280x720, 2.89M)

Let me guess, they had dodge too for maximum cancer.

Attached: Fuck horseniggers.webm (1280x720, 2.96M)

is there anything not satisfying than smacking the bow out of an archerfags hands and looking into their scared eyes as they realise they don't have time to get their weapon out before the backswing hits? god damn

Attached: 1543608741759.jpg (458x420, 48K)

kek

>Join server
>3 dudes on the other team playing together
>All wearing Roman cosplay, even changed there names for it
>All using spear and shield and sticking together

based as fuck

Howis this different to Chivalry?

And people still cry about them. That said, bows are just plain shit to use, I dont know why people actually bother with them they are just awful in this. I would actually really like to see someone get really good with them where they are landing hits at a distance and getting kills consistently, but it never happens.
>miss
>miss
>hit
>guy moves to cover
>miss
>kill steal
>miss
>someone just cut you down in one hit
Youre a waste of space on your team, like I said, I would like to see someone good show they have an actual place in the game and arent complete shit designed to lure people into wasting space for their own team. Throwing weapons are more effective ranged weapons for christ sake.

I wish my friends played something other than Fortnite so I could do stuff like this, Mount and Blade is fun as fuck when you have people working together instead of running around on their own too.

i love shit like this. nothing better than bullying a shield fag in a corner with 2 other dudebros kicking away.

>playing mountain peak
>see enemy archer on the bridge crossing the valley
>charge up the left side, kill a couple of longsword guys along the way
>he sees me step onto the bridge, looses an arrow in my direction
>misses
>he can't run away because he's built a barricade on the other side of himself and expected his team to maintain control of this side of the map
>I start sprinting toward him
>he frantically tries to nock another arrow
>swing my longsword
>bow goes spinning away into the valley
>he tries to run around me and escape
>I kick him
>watch as he tumbles away to his death, the melee continuing without care around him

Attached: pleased.jpg (600x1170, 63K)

All of the bullshit that made Chivalry die is absent in this game.

they only really work on gran. well recurve at least. fuck longbow and crossbow though.
at least with recurve i'm forced to at least get in some engaging distance and i'm not sitting back trying to snipe people with its fucking arc.
i will gladly pick up whatever 2hs on the ground and go offense

Is this game spin2win?

I never played chivalry, but I do pretty well at mordhau, generally finishing within the top 8 of say. what are some of the big differences between chivalry and mordhau?

Nope, spinning will not only decrease your hits by 90% damage but also just make you look like a tard and eat free hits

Here is what Chivalry looks like right now
youtube.com/watch?v=p3RUhbVfhjA

>spinning will not only decrease your hits by 90% damage
wait what. would make sense i guess. i got 4 hits on a guy with a cleaver and apparently he still had 90 fucking hp left somehow.
i thought i was dragging but maybe i was spinning i dont fucking know

Attached: mordhau-win64-shipping.exe 2019.05.19 - 22.40.22.04.DVR.webm (640x358, 2.99M)

The important things in life, like punching lute players in the face.

Attached: Why isnt there a flip the bird emote.webm (768x432, 2.99M)

So spears are only superior when they're together.

They are OP as fuck when used together in a sort of mobile phalanx. Shields are another thing that suck for 1v1 but are very good in team battles.

Basically any weapon used in a group by capable players is unbeatable, except for maybe daggers. Spears are maybe just the most so of them.

so shield + shortspear phalanx = unstoppable

What do you guys think about this for Frontline? Tiers are ordered best to worst in tier. Whether the weapon can be paired with a shield is taken into account.

Attached: 1546107223001.png (1280x610, 288K)

You're a retard if you think that. Have you actually played the game?

Bastard sword is probably better for shield.

Oh shit its got rapiers? Can I do rapier and rotella?

Do they force you to do shitty ass cuts with a rapier like in every movie ever?

Attached: 1488015_784307681612769_44983238945707850_n.jpg (960x540, 155K)

I wholeheartedly agree with your opinions.

People who actually work together do better than those who dont

Shocking I know

move maul down one, messer and halberd up one
it doesnt have that kind of round shield (yet), but yeah you can do rapier with a shield easily

Anybody else here fucking love the Billhook? I've been shitting on niggas left and right with it. People don't know how to handle it's stabs.

Halberd should be higher. Maybe eveningstar too, it's not great for group fights but one on one if you git gud with feints and morphs it crushes shitters

Mordhau and Dead by Daylight ate the only ganes I play anymore.

How monstrous
My condolences to your ganes

>was really good at Chivalry
>didn't think my skills would carry over since it's been forever since I played it
>play Mordhau
>get killed one time
>go on a fucking rampage next life
>continue to get top 3 every match for like 6 hours straight
What the fuck, why am I still good at this, I don't like it.

move billhook down so faggots don't realize how good it is and stay away from it

Are there plans of adding parrying daggers, bucklers and other offhand items?

Dare I hope for rapier and cloak?

What about peasant weapons? Pitchfork, sickle, scythe, etc. Those would all be really cool additions.

Attached: tumblr_o04cy02fbz1qczuyro5_1280.jpg (800x598, 62K)

Its fun but I dont have as much success with it as other weapons, dunking on people holding choke points and horses is great.
>enemy is holding a doorway
>start pulling people into your friendly mosh pit
Its odd that this is the only weapon with a sort of alternate effect.

no dual wielding, but there's already a buckler and it's what i use with my rapier as-is
there's a perk you can select that makes it so you can only use those peasant weapons, and all of those are in it

Equip the peasant perk user, it unlocks a whole list of peasant items as weapons.

>move maul down one, messer and halberd up one
Why? In frontline I think killing power becomes very important, so maul is obvious S tier. Messer is not A tier. Halberd costs too many points. It's best weapon in C tier only because it's a decent weapon with a good alt mode, but that point cost keeps it from B tier.
I crushed shitters today for 5 hours with the evening star and only switched to billhook to fight off horsefags pressing F to win. If its alt mode didn't reduce its range by so much it would be A tier.

Yea Forums SERVER RIGHT HERE
OPEN CONSOLE
TYPE "open 50.115.121.195"
PASSWORD: rage
LETS GO BOYS

Attached: 387a62fc397a5fc9b488c109e0862f11--pulp-fiction-art-pulp-art.jpg (501x640, 226K)

I love knocking horsefaggots off in one swing
>horsenigger going around in circle harassing my team for a good while
>position myself
>he comes back around
>hit him clean off
>watch him get fucking stabbed by like 6 teammates

How the fuck are you supposed to punish feints and morphs if they're in your face with a fast weapon?
>try to chamber
>get hit
>try to just stab them
>they see it, follow through and hit you first

sure it's got killing power, but it doesn't have nearly the reach of any of the S tier weapons which is what holds it back
esp. when every fight you're gonna get into with it is either against a spear, pole-ax or two-handed sword

I don't actually own the game yet. Heard mixed things at launch and decided to hold off for a bit. That sounds pretty cool though.

Final question:

How is it in terms of machinima potential?

Fucking horseniggers.

Attached: Mordhau 2019.05.14 - 17.26.54.06.DVR.webm (1066x600, 2.99M)

I'm guessing he ranked halberd so low because it takes 11 points to use.

what makes the greatsword so good?
it feels slow and clunky to me, personally the longsword just feels much better.

git gud

what fov is that it's making me sick

all the customizable armor options and face generation probably helps out a lot there, but i got no idea about camera tools or whatever in UE4

pretty good, plenty of voicelines with different pitches you can use. the hilarity that ensues in normal frontline can make a decent video in itself.

Well theres alot of emotes I guess.

more like 115

>machinima potential

What does that even mean

More damage and more range which is the most important stat in Frontline.

Pretty good, but Spear is S tier for sure.

fuck you maulfag

Yea Forums SERVER RIGHT HERE
OPEN CONSOLE
TYPE "open 50.115.121.195"
PASSWORD: rage
LETS GO BOYS

Attached: 59ff2aec8f08230b912049cdc05d58f1.jpg (313x400, 42K)

Post your kniggas.

Attached: mordhau.jpg (599x878, 66K)

too poor to look cool yet

I don't find range to be too much a factor when you and your enemy take a step forward to close the gap. All stabbing weapons (besides rapier) are ranked lower for me. They are predictable and neither the spear or pole axe are a problem for maul. Chambering their stab morphing to overhead, works on all stabbing weapons besides rapier and possibly dagger/shortsword. I'd argue only the zweis range will matter. Killing power is just too important. Feinting in frontline is really effective and with a 1 hit weapon it's S tier.

>when the frontline of the fight splits for a moment and everyone is just spamming battlecries and emotes at eachother
Doesnt happen often but its pretty neat when it does happen.

I don't know what the fuck went wrong but webm for retards sucks now it cuts off so many times when it didn't used to do that.

>post only the best webms
>opens with a shitty webm

Nope. Stabbing weapons are too predictable and even a shitter can chamber a stab. All their damage being in 1 attack that's easy to counter is why they will never be S tier. Which is one of the reasons why billhook is better than the spears in A tier.

Is there anything more satisfying than the maul

Attached: Asuka Player.webm (640x360, 2.95M)

>Bardiche that low
Alt grip with it, it plays the same as the zweihander in that it can 2 shot enemies and instant kill headshot others. Is there something Im missing with the GS? It feels like a worse version of the zweihander, is it good because its relatively the same but cheaper?

I really wish I was good with it and the mace, I just cannot seem to get around that short range.
>that crack when you get a headshot with them

I think GS is a bit faster than zwei.

>Alt grip with it, it plays the same as the zweihander in that it can 2 shot enemies and instant kill headshot others.
I'll try it right now and make changes later. The weapons are ordered best to worst (left to right) in their respective tiers. The Zwei is better than GS, but its point cost edged it into S tier.

Halberd is S tier, greatsword is A tier, evening star should also be A tier because of its drag capabilities at higher level

t. sweaty 700 hour alpha nerd

>Based masser in B
Fuck you nigga. You can shield fag with it and chop heads. Its utility makes it super rewarding.

Embrace historicity: go short spear + shield.

The horse colliding with you stagger cucking you out of a swing or block is always the absolute worst

Attached: wooosh1.webm (800x450, 2.84M)

Killing maulfags

I just made this webm bros hope you like it.

Attached: Mordhau 2019.05.18 - 02.35.24.05.DVR.webm (710x400, 2.41M)

Its boring though, really unsatisfying to play.

>try to retreat
>team mate dressed like a lancknist (how ever you spell it) beheads me once I get back to safety
Just like history!

Play in 3rd person

DO A FLIP FAGGOT

>lancknist

Attached: c53.jpg (379x500, 123K)

sick teamwork

I assume he means landschneckt

Attached: 5435dc6817fa312ddd25253f819ba468.jpg (721x1108, 126K)

If you use a rapier, you're a shitter. No ifs, ands, or buts.
It's unbalanced, and all you have to do is stab spam to kill 80% of the casuals playing. Anyone with a brain stem will shit on you, but it's something that strains out normies.

Forgot what the game looks like with team colors on and thought it was a clan or something. Do yourself a favour and try it without it, and turn on team markers for friendlies, the game looks way better with everyone using their own colors.

By that same logic you're a casual if you use anything a new player can't manage against like a maul or zweihander.

Attached: Mordhau 2019.05.07 - 00.47.56.03.DVR.webm (1280x720, 2.99M)

Landsknecht*
Yes I figured it out too but how do you get lancknist from that?

>Chamber their stab
>They chamber yours
>You chamber theirs
>Repeat until the end of the universe or a teammate kiss one of you.

Attached: 1516666057098.gif (300x300, 1.96M)

>bastard sword
>heater shield
>throwing axes
>heavy armor
might as well just wave that lgbt flag

>a teammate kiss one of you
god i wish

Why would I know what its called, I play video games and table top games all day, in warhammer they're called great swords but he was using a zwei not a great sword.

you can morph chambers

>this shit happening
>feint something to break it up
>he just smacks me in the fucking face

god dammit fuck my life

>turn off team colors
>everyone wears red and black anyway

Then they just stab you in the face

>implying morphing a new attack off a chamber will EVER work and not just have the dude block your attack

Takes time meaning that a good chunk of the weapons are too slow to do it, even when accelerating the swing.

I tried playing with colors off and it looks great, but it's completely impossible to pay attention to the markers in close combat against multiple opponents.
Player outlines like in Vermintide would be perfect

Seriously, if you chamber a rapier user they just keep stabbing. Maybe if you're using a dagger and morph chamber into a slash it will hit him them before he stabs you.

why don't we ever group up bros?

At least the people making an effort stand out this way.
>using fur mantle and darkest black metal and wearing all black
Ehhhh, it doesnt look bad but its basically picking a preset at this point, the ones with saturation in their color palette always look the nicest. I love seeing the rare person wearing landsknecht uniforms in lots of colors or tabards that are brightly colored and segmented.

>slap bow out of archer's hands with quarterstaff
>confiscate it off the ground as they flee
>collect another one same way
>use them against their own team

Attached: 1528681889101.gif (300x225, 96K)

Remember people who say “just chamber it” or “morph from the chamber” are just rapierfags trying to trick you into thinking they arn’t shitters. This is a proven stabfag tactic ignore it. Your best option is to back up and let someone else take care of it, or have a throwing item or call him a faggot.

I dont know maybe im just use to it now and see the signs of an enemy, like if they are squaring up to you and are coming from a certain direction. Ill not deny, there has been times where I have watched what I thought was a friendly walk right past me and I ignore him, only to start getting bonked on the back of the head.

I just cant go back to team colors, the game looks like such ass with it, as you said, a better team indicator would be great.

so is this game like mountain blade but pvp?

Is the halberd really that bad? I usually top the scoreboard with it but I'd like to know if I'm gimping myself.

fairly certain if you accel a greatsword a little bit you'll beat the rapier's second hit

>go legolas on kniggas with longbow.
>nice and close with a dagger close at hand
>start stabbing knaves when they violate my space
>sniping peasant archers
>not letting any bloodied fools feel safe in open space
>number 1 on team errday
having a hearty laugh when you butthurt ass imbeciles rush me cuz you mad.

Attached: 50682068_559889887822199_3228190445563285008_n.jpg (640x640, 55K)

You can't play mindgames against a brick, user. Some people are literally just too stupid for that to work against. Luckily you can just riposte with an overhead and kill them instantly.

Idk what to tell you. I morph into a swing and move to the side and it usually works. Either that or morph into a kick and get a free hit.

I really want to believe this but the bows are such shit that I dont believe anyone can top the scoreboard unless everyone was standing still letting you hit them

This shit is so fun.
>Battlefield ranger with Axe secondary.
>Helping teammates in battles.
>Niggas charging me thinking I'm helpless
>Cleave their skull with an Axe

Attached: 11SnBUk.jpg (404x371, 12K)

The halberd as a weapon is actually good but it costs way too many points to equip. You could always equip the Billhook, Pole Axe, or Bardice for similar performance and lower point cost.

If you land every shot with a recurve in close range you get about 30-50 points a second minus any kills.

but muh longer range

training mode and generally short-sided modes that people actually want to play when?

r8

Attached: cultistlcleetus.png (855x906, 624K)

It costs too much, its decent in practice but not at that price to use it, it should be reduced by like 1 point, and rapier should be increased by 1, it is not in the same league as the weapons it is lotted with at all.

>Kill a single dude with an arrow
>He instantly decides to make it his life's mission to beeline it towards me and try to kill me for the rest of the match
Why the fuck do people do this? Fuck off you cunts.

Attached: Say-No-to-Mediocre-Content.jpg (414x414, 70K)

free kill/10

You mean like skirmish and tdm?

i mean like structured 1v1, 2v2, 5v5 modes.

I never though of it like that, but he said longbow. I suppose you could amass points easily with the recurve for sure, might try this.

serf are you serious?
Archery isn't as dope as chivalry in terms of damage I will admit but knowing how to lead your shots is how you git gud.

offtopic: but the maps in this game kinda suck and health regenerates way too fucking fast.

Then post a webm knigga.
If you don’t have proof other than words then far as I care you another stabspammer.

i was getting kills by burning people that were using the ballista earlier today. no idea why they thought sitting in the fire would somehow work itself out, since it usually takes a good 5-6 seconds without fireproof to die

no mercy for archers

Attached: 1539721677636.jpg (160x135, 5K)

the anti pleb one

Thats what I mean, as soon as I hit someone they move to cover and get their health back, at most Im kill stealing, and thats bitch shit, I dont like doing that.

Because you're a sniping asshole that won't come down here so I can rape your asshole with my sword I'm guilty of doing that to people using ranged weapons if I'm using melee weapons

Attached: 15454532455.jpg (480x360, 19K)

the absolute state of frontlines

Attached: 20190519220840_1.jpg (1920x1080, 631K)

Wtf? You can block arrows with your sword in this game? What is this anime shit?

Just use a spear if all you care about is range.

kys

In a battle with knights that are full armored with absolutely no penetration points I'd say a mace/hammer are probably the best weapons.
1.short
2.heavy impact
3.likely to penetrate from the impact.
4.likely to disorient, knock someone out, or knock the wind out of them

I can't see spears actually being useful unless you're in a huddled group or you're throwing one. its so unbalanced and knocking one away is probably extremely easy.
Halberds seem like they're more for use against cavalry or if you are cavalry.

Long swords seem useful if someone is wearing absolutely no armor or if the person is using brittle armor that can be cut through by a sword.

A short rapier seems useful if there are penetration points in armor. You could tackle someone and then quickly stab their balls or toes, the pain would incapacitate them for a few second and you could take off their helmet or something while they're in pain.

Attached: Historical Mace Pack_Screenshot_05-1920x1080-0e7258fc9a7bde6a8a776efe13863584.png (1920x1080, 332K)

>billhooking horseniggers
feelsgoodman

so you can totally make your guy have no color at all right? so for red/blue colors on it would be hardly noticable?

almost everything you said is wrong and uninformed.

what's a good recurve build? I haven't played archer at all and been intending to try it

inform me then

It may only be 1 game, but it was a 62-17 game. Not being able to combo with the alt mode made very little difference in frontline. With only slightly slower attack speed, turn cap and not being able to combo the positives of more damage and 140 range more than make up for it. I'd go as far to say alt mode might be the mode you want to stay in except for the rare 1v1 or flanking a mob. If it was 1 point less it would join the 7 point trio in S tier.
I'll try it again. It could move more to the left, but it's staying in B tier.

Attached: 1530621172034.png (1280x610, 289K)

seriously this. morphing a chamber from a rapier fag does not fucking work. you will just eat a stab or they will just block. goodluck kicking because lol whiff heres another stab.

Best build is to not use it, because the long bow is better.

Attached: this is what you're paying 7 points for.png (1259x548, 157K)

recurve+cleaver. 3/3/2 and thats with friendly. fuck doing huntsman and ranger. gran is a good map for recurve

I run recurve with throw axes and a normal Axe.
Recurve is Quantity over Quality. You can get double the arrows out in the time for one longbow shot. Its fantastic for battle arching since you can let shots go early in the pull if you notice someone charging you.

>halberd on C tier
It's literally being nerfed for being too strong, it's also the go-to pub stomp weapon and watch any 5v5 and 6v6 scrim and you will see two people designated to carry it because it's so powerful

It dominates every type of fighting with the exception of 1v1 duels

How come Mordhau's so perfect
>even broken/overpowered weapons can be overcome with skill or some goddamned teamwork
>if you were good at chivalry you'll probably be good at mordhau
>BUT you can't flail your fucking mouse into several alternate dimensions and expect to be a god like you could in chivalry

Legit question
What makes this game different to chivalry, for honor etc.
From just watching gameplay it looks identical, but people seem to like it a lot more than those two

pls bros tell me, is this really not just chivalary 2.0? I heard that you can abuse feints and drag in this game, is that true? I burned myself out on chivalary, that game was such a big fucking disappointment.
Don't get me wrong, I got like 500 hours in chiv. I too was abusing the game and ruining it for everyone for that dopamine boost like a fucking knigger but in the end it was a shitty broken game and abuse was not fun at all especially when everyone quit and only autists remained

Attached: 1485448043879.jpg (750x762, 90K)

I’m bad at making webms. How do I lower the filesize without making the quality complete ass?

These are in regards to frontline, read back in the replies.

what the hell is happening in that video

I am unable to effectively Block with 2handed weapons and I've learned how to deal with your faggy kicks when I use shield.
>lol just turn around 90 degrees and immediately start swinging my messer
And you faggots who just kick stab can do nothing about this

Attached: FB_IMG_1549183093679.jpg (720x405, 18K)

its pretty much chivalry but without the exploits.
also armor/weapon customization.
for honor is and always will be a fucking joke.

Then it's even more ridiculous because that's probably where it shines the most, bastard sword, messer , estoc, rapier etc above halberd for frontline makes no sense whatsoever

How the fuck did I play this game as long as I did and how was that never fixed when it was like that since the start.

Point cost user. Bloodlust in frontlines is part of the meta.

How do I stop being garbage at this game?

Killing some retard in full armor and a greatsword with the dagger because he thought he could come and take my longbow and this game lets you block greatsword swings with a dagger and stab faster than he can react.

Players that discovered if you swing your mouse around at light-speed it's insanely hard for any opponent to actually respond to any attack. That and other exploits are why Chivalry died and Mordhau thrived.

Practice in Deathmatch and 1v1 duel servers.

Why is Executioner sword S rank? I never used it but I do see everyone with them.

anybody else catch themselves doing that "moving whole arms while playing a racing game" thing with this game?
my whole body flinches a lot when i land some satisfying blows

Attached: sipsip.gif (250x262, 981K)

suicide irl

Use a zweihander and assign a key like E to right swing,, and swap use to tab or something. Learn how to drag you weapon across the screen when attacking and learn to parry only when an attack is about to hit you, not just when the enemy makes any kind of movement in your direction.

It's a straight-up upgrade to other greatswords in terms of slashing attacks. It's awful as a thrusting weapon but still suitable for chambers/morphs despite that.

autism

What does the lute even do for you?

>the m'lady
every fucking time

Attached: RVm1KmLe_400x400.jpg (317x317, 15K)

>Abuse feints
Never heard about that, what do you mean with ''abuse'' in this context?

>Abuse drag
I guess you mean that you could ''drag'' stabs across like a meter if you had high enough mouse sensitivity. You can use that to hit multiple people (or atleast could, the devs tried too nerf it, but I don't use spear so idk if it worked) and you could use it to make it look like you are gonna miss the stab and then just drag it across the enemies face.
Although, once you learn about this ''drag'' it's fairly easy to see when someone tries to use it. So you can easily block it after a while.

you waste a player slot being a useless faggot. same with stone throwing peasants

The lute lets you slam out some sick tunes and otherwise is a piss-poor bludgeoning weapon but you can score some sick El Kabong kills with it. I love using the thing but death to the players that idle on top of a roof or in spawn all day strumming the fucking lute instead of even just being a front-line bard or anything like that

>you will just eat a stab
I think if you have less than 600ms wind up, your morph will beat them, but it requires testing. I know rapier will beat 600, because I use the billhook and have tried to chamber morph a rapier.
7 points, meaning you can go 3/3/3 if you really wanted to. High killing power which is important in fighting multiple enemies. A misleading 110 range (10 less than greatsword) and 650 windup on swings.

it lets you dab on someone by playing taylor swift over their dead body, exclusively in duel servers so you don't be a detriment to the team

Yeah nice hacks my man.

redpill me on the longsword
am i gimping myself for using it over gs?

spear + dodge are so broken I may as well be hacking

Attached: 1556997428525.png (500x575, 216K)

>abuse feints
i doubt that'd fly on a MLG server, when you commit to an attack your character screams, during a feint you make no sound, if you're a noob though, you will fall for that every time
>and drag
drag is an actual mechanic, IS meant to always be used, and IS well implemented in this game l2play

All of the mechanics are actually intended and they all work together with no overtly awkward implementations. Both 1v1 duels and team fights are very particularly considered, both work exceptionally well without any concessions to one or the other.

In comparison, Chivalry's higher level of play is based almost entirely on initially unintended exploitation of the mechanics and animations in goofy ways, and the devs went "it's a feature".
For Honor is just a fucking joke at its very foundation, 1v1 fights are focused almost entirely on just one or two mechanics and a select few class gimmicks obsoleting everything else. Team fights equally invalidate most of the game's actual systems due to its Revenge comeback mechanic.

>Playing with Yea Forums

Attached: yeugh.png (176x228, 105K)

If you were good at chivalry you'll be shit at mordhau. Can't tell you how many dumbass ballerina wannabes I've hit in the back when they try to 720 swing like absolute clowns.

It's the middle ground jack of all trades. Normal mode has good slashes and stabs at decent range and speed, alt is a tad slow but it shits damage against armor. You don't need to use a single other weapon besides preference and fun.

It's not greatsword vs longsword, but greatsword vs what you're using those 2 extra points on.

>Pick rapier + Shield
>Whatever armor you think looks the coolest that you can afford
>Stick with your group
>Run around the sides of people and stab the shit out of them
>If they square up run like a bitch with shield up
>Spam laugh as much as possible
There you go top 3 in every frontline game

>guy tries to bait me into a bear trap
>see it on the ground
>look at him
>then at bear trap
>then back to him
>he's just staring
>smack his bear trap and break it
>he fucking legs it like a bat outta hell
I'm fucking crying laughing

>playing
lmao'ing@u

Attached: fagdog.png (600x600, 312K)

>it’s another “naked faggot with an arming sword parrying and thrusting 3 million times per second” episode

Attached: EB3BCDA1-F517-4731-9B2F-BDCA7BA35EA7.jpg (687x849, 124K)

not laughing and jumping over it

Attached: 54526003_297741994223906_4740869988921901056_n.jpg (658x615, 43K)

who /tripleshortspear/ here?

I love watching horseniggers suffer

If you're top-100 epic swinglord you'll be awful at Mordhau because none of your tricks are here, but if you played Chivalry normally you'll probably be fine at it or pretty good

I can't be the only one happy that they only keep track of kills and not deaths
it prevents K/D faggotry from infesting the game.

I can't stand how they can parry a maul with little spoons and shit

2 Spears 1 Axe

just play frontlines dude

Him running away in sheer terror from someone just breaking it instead of trying to go around it was what made it worth it.

My fav weapon far and away. The alt to hook off horsefags is so enjoyable.

>no frying pan

Bows don't get kills, but they do soften up the enemy from a safe range. Hitting an enemy with an arrow usually means one less hit to kill them for your teammate. Softening up the enemy as the sprint toward the front makes it easier for your team to rebuke their push. It also flusters the enemy and makes them flinch which creates an opening for your team to kill them.

Archers are support in this game, the best way to play I've found is to go Long bow and arming sword and stay just behind the front lines, land some hits then jump in with your sword to help your team mop up.

>the alt hooks off horsefags
even better, I was just hitting them clean off, does the alt make their deaths even more amusing?

Attached: fatality.webm (1000x562, 2.92M)

that webm fucking sucked. It was so bad, Im not going to bother looking at the rest of the thread because it made the game look so shitty

I WILL DRINK FROM YOUR SKULL

Attached: 12321312331.png (757x865, 619K)

Fuck anyone who keeps hyping this pos game. I got this because I kept hearing about it and it's literally just fucking Chilvary. The exact fucking game.

There's only 4 maps and only 3 are worth playing.

The game is imbalanced as fuck; the moment I unlocked Zwei I consistently starting getting top 3 leader board status on every match. Of Zwei there is only 3 weapons that are useful and so you will only ever see that in game 85% of the time.

Shit is bad.

Attached: 1392953604638.jpg (450x340, 19K)

>I got this because I kept hearing about it and it's literally just fucking Chilvary. The exact fucking game.
That's kind of the point, it's Chivalry but without all the bullshit infesting it at higher levels of play that render lower-skill players totally unable to retaliate at all.

Feints are a part of the game and not a gimmick of it. Drag has limitations (turn radius) but some weapons do seem to have a drag limit that approaches broken. In general, it's a lot more fun than chivalry and the risk is long-term as people break it and figure out gimmicky shit. If you want to enjoy it with normal people now is the time.

If they wanted to fix dragging they shouldn't have been dogmatic about refusing to consider sweet spot damage. That would instantly solve issues of thrust-spamming or 'beyblade-ing'. You definitely can pull off 'miss and then hit' stabs because it rewards the full stab bonus for tapping someone with a weapon after the entire thrust has been terminated. It's

Proof it's getting nerfed? If it's getting nerfed and the Zwei isn't I am fucking done with this game and it's clear they are catering to the gutsniggers.

I think it pulls them toward you as they get knocked off the horse, so they land at your feet having already assumed the position

Press H when in game or go into your settings and find where it says team indicators.

>render lower-skill players totally unable to retaliate at all.

It's still there it's just set a much lower threshold. You unlock best weapons in like 6 hours of playing. Those weapons are absolutely essential to playing.

YOU ARE TERRIBLE! LOOK MEN, LOOK HOW TERRIBLE HE IS!

Attached: laughing knight.jpg (799x533, 116K)

You're not listening, I'm talking totally and completely unable to retaliate, not that they're at a heavy disadvantage. See that vid earlier in the thread showing niggers in a server jerking their mice around at a thousand miles an hour, you CANNOT respond to that at all and that's not possible in Mordhau. youtube.com/watch?v=p3RUhbVfhjA

WHO... ARE YOU?
WHERE AM I

kek, imagine being a horselord and getting pulled from your horse by some chucklefuck with a fucked up spear.

I don't exactly know how I do it, but I can turn/back away from when a stab chamber is approaching me, make the guy miss and end the chamber, then stab him. Dodge helps too, but if you get into another chamber afterwards you have the stam disadvantage.

Based taste in voices

Any hit to a horsenigger dehorses him, regardless of grip or strike type. Changing the grip only changes your swings from negative push back (default) to positive push back (alt). You can do silly things like stand on some spikes, hit someone, and drag them into them to kill them, or if you're fighting on the Taiga logs pull them into the gap.

HAHA TIME FOR PULLING

game desperately needs sheathes

The enemy is my sheath.

>throws hammer
>another hammer
kek

Are videos allowed?

youtube.com/watch?v=Y6tzCL_ORro

youtube.com/watch?v=R2L7oTZvf-U&t

This is a great game but meta-slaves are killing it.

JOHNNY BLAZE
3 firebombs
no armor
fireproof, brawler, dodge, health regen perks

WTF, I thought it was supposed to be all about muh realism.

Why is it called "chambering"?

Because it lets you shit on your enemies, like they're a chamber pot.

Any change it getting Free Weekend soon?
This was enough for me with Chivalry desu.

gay

because you might as well load the chambers of your colt and dab on the enemy

Attached: 1541644192135.gif (554x400, 238K)

i use 101 and i'm fine

What do you guys do when you run into a twitchfag?

Attached: 20190519235709_1.jpg (1920x1080, 574K)

call him a n word

Call him a fagogt

Why is there almost always a powergap in the number one spot. Like user here has 1000 more points than the next highest scorer on his team, and twitchfag has about 1500 more points than the next lowest guy on his (damn impressive of a level 7 making a score of 4768 though).

whoever told you that was wrong, it's not KCD

>hurr, if me swing sword in one game, and me swing sword in another game, game same!

Attached: 1523078045753.jpg (588x823, 67K)

One of them is on a horse.

The maul is fun and satisfying to bash a skull in. Now I will work towards remembering that I can feint and chamber and even morph

because it was a good mechanic from warband poorly copied by mordhau

this is one of the most braindead, normienigger, retarded tiers lists i have ever seen in my entire life.

maul and exec on S tier? rapier shortspear and billhook on A tier? are you fucking retarded?

how are battleaxe and halberd fucking C tier? you are a legitimate chimp.

Attached: 1540712231190.png (625x773, 127K)

Neither of us were on a horse. He was using a bardiche and halberd, while I was using a longsword. Usually, a good horsefag will have an extremely lopsided KDA. Like the guy above me here. 48/2/11. He was a horsefag.

Attached: 20190519135623_1.jpg (1920x1080, 628K)

feints and dragging are literally in the tutorial, so they're not exploits, lmao.

Except chambering full-range spear stab is pointless and short-range they have decent cut attacks AND absurdly powerful thrusts.

Game was out for stupid long before normal release so you have a few people who already know mechanics that the average player is still learning. This in my opinion is worse than anything Chiv did and will massively hurt the player base because an even playing field where everyone is learning the mechanics together is the funnest part of games like this.

how is it "poorly copied"

God I hate cavalry so fucking much.

join a duel server friendo :^)

you do realize that you can attack while sprinting, right? also spears have shit slash attacks, all stab oriented weapons are predicatble as fuck, and is why they have little to no use in the comp scene. you never see estoc, rapier, shortspear, etc. ever used.

Is it because of jealousy?

Attached: the-world_s-top-10-best-images-of-laughing-horses-7.jpg (1088x816, 75K)

there are 7 maps.

>The game is imbalanced as fuck

post how many hours in the game, I guarantee that you're a noob-nigger.

join a duel server and become competent before trying to asses a game's state of balance, jesus fucking christ

cope harder

You're just bad, I kill rapierfags all the time no problem footwork is key in this game a lot of people forget that.

Footwork and drags will get you so far in the game. You can decimate a quarter of the enemy team, feel like the ultimate medieval badass before a horsefag galops behind you and oneshots you.

2handers are getting really boring to fight. Its always the same shit.
Either some m1 spam grug, or some guy who just spams feints and doesn't realize his opponent has the power of hearing to go along with the power of seeing.

>someone on the enemy team talks shit like usual
>ask them to join my duel server to back their shit talk up
>go quiet or leave game
Like pottery. So many cowards in this game.

Attached: LONG.jpg (1536x2048, 339K)

>muh 144 attack directions
>one button blocks everything
>can hold s and solo a group because the block lasts about 2 seconds

Casual trash for twitch retards.

lol thats what I do but the second somebody does some foot work against me I back up, reset the fight and either go at it properly or fall back if his mates are coming too

Level 31 pretty much exclusively through long bow use and would now say am pretty fucking good and should be with 80 hours on the bastard.
You get used to it to the point where its very much twitch reaction and hitting people from a long way out seems easy, especially taking out cavalry and its satisfying having some prick on a horse come charging at you, miss and then land 3 clean shots on the prick darting about.
Archery is mostly support and killing other Archers.
I typically get 15-25 kills in a single frontline game and the same in assists, though would say you pretty much only get an assist for every 3-4 people you hit (given you aint a prick spamming team mates in the middle of fighting with arrows).
Killing other archers is great though. Had the smug moment earlier where all the opposing teams archers had changed class to play combat as they were that sick and tired of getting 1shotko'd by my huntsman longbow from across the map (was playing blue team on camp and red team archers would always congregate around the ballista or ammo boxes), and its easy because the crossbow reloads slow so sitting ducks, and 9/10 people "avoid" your arrows by moving left and right by about 2 steps, so aiming in the middle no matter how far is basically a 75% chance of actually hitting them, with proper timing it's easy.
I dont play any other weapon, most people cant beat fist spam (though block it once and Im basically fucked) and also always very good chance of picking up a weapon per respawn.

Should I drag more than I accel? When should I drag and when should I accel?

>exec sword
>maul
>S
release retards need to stay out of this

rate me knaves

Attached: fuckhorses.png (661x810, 611K)

You should use a mix of both. If you're being ganged up on, you'll likely want to accelerate because people aren't as careful and get greedy. Back in the Chiv days though, there was a tactic where you'd turn your mouse mouse back and fourth as you dragged to really throw off the other guy's timing (it also spazzed out your animation, especially with things like the maul). Though it's less effective in Mordhau, it can still be used sometimes to screw with your enemy.

I wanna get another helmet, not sure which one.

Attached: rook.png (609x942, 542K)

In duels? Mix it up, like you would in a fighting game. In frontline? Always drag. Seriously, dragging will net you so many kills because 99% of shitters panic parry. All you need to do in this game to consistently top frag is bloodlust, drags, and targeting other enemies after you riposte in gank situations.

>billhook
acceptable

Attached: 20190519211057_1.jpg (528x940, 68K)

I see, thanks for the insight

Short-grip spear 3-hits t3 head on swings and 2-hits on stabs.
It also has the same range as Zweihander but its swings are much quicker.
Sure, landing stabs is better, but if you think you can "just chamber the stabs, bro" against any non-retarded spear user you're in for a surprise.

bows can be good in the right hands but fuck it feels hard to hit with em. Xbow seems fine, just wobbly.

Should let you kick with bows/xbow out.

Somebody has to rip horsefags off their lovers and into the mud with the rest of us

Attached: HandTool.jpg (600x500, 252K)

alright which one of you guys went with the KKK paladin get up?

Attached: LImofjm.jpg (1440x720, 823K)

looks boring and robotic

>not hood + painted greathelm + tabbard
these guys are fucking pathetic

I've come to the conclusion that I hate frontline. It's just fucking boring. Most of the people don't know how to play and I just shit on them., same with battle royale. Kinda hoped I would be doing more in this game than duel servers, but ah well.

too poor and dumb to get good looking gear just like real klansmen

Attached: 2hgs.png (701x937, 541K)

I reached a point where I flick my attacks from all directions by instinct without even having to pay proper attention to the mouse compass. I drag and accel my attacks around like a mad man without even pay proper attention to how I do them, it just sort of became habit at this point and I just "know" the moves. Feels good but bad at the same time since it means the novelty of the game just sort of ran out.

Attached: 1557130457704.png (183x232, 53K)

Maybe domed?

10/10 idea, i think some different shoulders would work better though

I think it would be better without the shoulders

Attached: blade & sorcery.webm (1280x800, 553K)

>naked guy walking with his hands down at his sides
>hes just looking at me, baiting me
>Go after him
>He runs
>Chase until his buddy shows up
>Fighting him, naked guy turns back and just watches the fight
>Notice his name
>"Staring Problem"

Thank you for that

Attached: 1557947907968.png (380x467, 18K)

Not being a degenerate faggot who can't express his opinion without posting retarded tranny memes.

People hated archers in Chiv so they gave everyone a way of counterplaying ranged attackers.

How's this?

Attached: The Frontline Experiance.webm (853x480, 2.71M)

what is the purpose of the ballista in blue's spawn on Camp? the only time you would ever need to use it you've already lost.. what is the fucking POINT? why not have it aimed at the middle point since red gets a catapult?

What gamemode are you guys primarily playing? Spending a lot of time playing TDM recently, definitely an underrated gamemode.

The zwei is fine, you're just a retard who is just shit at the game.

it's semi realistic
they said their priorities are
good gameplay>historical setting>titillation
for example "plastic fantasy swords" won't be added for the fun of them because the historical setting is more important, but ahistorical gameplay features will be added if it improves gameplay

Attached: mordhau time period.jpg (1326x899, 302K)

Frontline

It has it all desu

weapon skins and customization should be unlocked by how many kills and shit you get with it. not gold.

>there
based retard

>Play a dodgy spear faggot
>War Axe/Maul fags press in enough to get in my face because dodge spaming backwards is still slower than a 9 armor walking forwards
>Switch to alt mode and spam them to death

Attached: 1557075128270.jpg (788x524, 133K)

It'll just take time. Those playing frontline are used to just chaotically trying to figure out what the fuck is going on and spamming or alternatively they're spawn camping executioner sword cancer, either way it just doesn't promote effecient learning but they'll get there eventually.
Frontline will probably be signifcantly better in a month or 2

You can spin but you can't win. In Chiv you could turn your mouse sensitivity really fucking high to spin super fast, in Mordhau when you are actively swinging a weapon your turnspeed/sensitivity is capped so it gives people plenty of time to stab you.

Yeah, I just didn't have gold for shoulders

Attached: billhook.png (559x939, 449K)

>teammates shit talking eachother
>typical elementary school insults being thrown at eachother
>took 5 of you to kill me tier shit
>they are even below me on the scoreboard and i'm just being a recurve bow fag on taiga
its always the bads

Why the fuck are all American players so bad? I can go into EU duel server and be challenged by at least a few of the people in there, in American duel servers everyone is poop who gets destroyed by morphs and drags every time.

>those fucking Colin's Bear tier animations
youtube.com/watch?v=FiARsQSlzDc

the most cancerous thing about frontline is the spawns, why are you randomly placed anywhere within 360 degrees around the objective

In frontline I enjoy picking on people

When they chase me to fight me again, i just get a few hits in, but i just run to safety

When they get mobbed by my team, i just stare at them from the back, laughing

Then i teabag them

Then...finally, i ask the other team if they shouldnt kick that player, as he is seemingly throwing fights

Epic..... So... Fucking epic.

>horsenigger fight
>horse thievery
>guy killing horse as teamate climbs up on it
>tks
>archer being useless
>2 bards
Incredible.

I think ___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________It's far too early to make judgements on the balance of every weapon in the game, you idiot.

Attached: shig.png (514x539, 87K)

agreed. i am always thankful for finding those on the ground and no one is killing the fucking horseniggers

>dodging
>with spear
youre the one with the range advantage retard what the fuck are you doing

If you TK a bard, it shouldn't count against your score.

I hope the devs ignore the esport niggers suggestion on balancing

I wish there was a way to make a customized character without having the game, kinda like how loadout.tf works, this could be extremely useful for making paladins and fighters for D&D.

what do they suggest?

Some guy just votekicked our bard and made up some excuse
I votekicked him and he left right away
He tried to come back but the server logged the kick

Chambering is derived from some western terminology of martial arts technique.
In general, you are preparing an attack in advance with one of your limbs, ready to immediately strike when there is an opening, often after some form of defensive action.
For example, you perform a punch with one arm while your other is tensed up, the latter "chambered" for you to immediately follow through. That first punch could also be a defensive move, blocking/diverting an attack which allows you to follow through with your chambered punch.

In relation to Mordhau/M&B, you're starting your attack and defending with that very attack in the same action, able to release it earlier than if you were to sequentially parry and counter.

Attached: Bruce Lee Chambered Left Arm.jpg (701x600, 49K)

>took 5 of you to kill me tier shit
I remember this happening in a For Honor match.
Some dumb cunt was playing and annoying character and spamming the same unblockable moveset. We all decide to just gang up on the retard and stop him from stun locking everyone one on one and then boasting about it in chat. The moment we kill him though, he just starts acting even more fucking narcissistic "haha cucks took 4 of you to actually kill me skilless shitters" , lots of Yea Forums lingo in his speech as well. Legit trash people.

Attached: 1555450790916.jpg (809x1182, 134K)

To be fair, dodging allows backpedaling much quicker than usual. That being said, it drains stamina like crazy.

>if they're in your face with a fast weapon?
don't let them be in your face. footwork user

Him being an idiot that doesn't know shit about the game. Greatsword is in practice a slight downgrade to similar swords and is much less versatile.

>pepe is a "tranny meme"

Attached: janitordetected.jpg (508x524, 27K)

does that perk that lowers stamina useage on jumps effect dodge at all?

normies = trannies, user

>Johnny cage breaks his sunglasses.webm

what does that look like? i'm poor and the game is lacking options like trying shit on before you buy. and not showing important shit like its fucking advance stats for weapons

I would if you didn't need to learn how to code to make the fucking things.

Attached: 1558304929559.jpg (500x479, 18K)

T. zwei player. You're just a dumb nigger who has to use babby's retard weapon to be able to do anything. Use the GS or the LS if you want to be a two handed swordsman and actually use skill and braincells. Or you can be a little nigger and use the retard's weapon and not have to think about anything but 'swing sword yaay make big cuts im guts yaaaay'

That is exactly why Spear + Dodge is excellent.
With Dodge and anything else, you're going to have to run back into the reach of an enemy's weapon. With a Spear, you can rapidly backdash and attack as you please while the enemy is only swinging at air.

Dodge uses a fixed amount of stamina (10), different from normal and Acrobat jumps.

yeah the spawns are fucking wack.
>okay ill spawn here
>randomly spawn to the left, right, or behind the icon making you run even farther
>newer spawn point further ahead after getting the point
>just barely get placed a bit further than your initial spawn

what the fuck?

How the fuck do i do demo mode?

Why are half the people using executioner's swords?

It's good for chop spamming, so retards.

Wtf you can holster in this game

Looks really out of place to just stand there with your arms dangling

Attached: 1534814845089.jpg (500x275, 11K)

That's actually really cool. Good job mate

I expected a third hammer

>Listen to us retards instead

>actually saving this picture because you're too retarded to argue

Tell me I'm wrong.

A reward as a coward deserves

so they can give you free chambers

You can accel morphs, you fucking idiots.

Just stop senpai, everyones too happy with the game to offer anything to you

Go trigger someone in an actual bad fanbase. Advice from one baiter to another

stab still comes out faster. welcome to the thread you are 2 hours behind the initial post!

Attached: 1557690004810.gif (280x280, 227K)

lmao no

>be noob that only used the great sword.
>also really bad because I'm not used to mouse and keyboard and never played chivalry
>usually am somwhere in the middle of the leaderboard with more deaths than kills
>switch to using the rapier
>my first game playing with it I go 37-8 and I'm the 2nd best on the team.

It really is op.

Are they planning on adding some sort of momentum damage based system ? Feels weird being hit for full damage by a spear when the tip barely has any speed anymore.

What was the highest level person you've ever seen? I saw a level 61 before. How is that even possible?

You're talking about some stupid real life shit not even related to the game. But, in that case, spear is still the dominant weapon.
It requires no training.
They are cheap to make.
Have the greatest reach.
Will consistently keep someone at a distance.
Chainmail is only an effective defense against slashing attacks, a spear will penetrate it, although not as deep as without it.
Not effectual against plate, like a maul, but then you still have distance, and weak points.
Real life was NEVER like we imagined it being, by the time full suit plate armor was really developed it was quickly made irrelevant by the invention of the musket.
Swords themselves were kind of a luxury, so imagine how much more plate armor would be.
The spear ruled the battlefield, period.
In Mordhau it rules killcounts against absolute shitters who don't understand game mechanics.

>playing video game for e-honor
I imagine you complain about pretty much every weapon in the game except generic swords so everyone can LARP as Le Chivalrous Knight
Go tip a fedora you vaping faggot

Whenever I play skirmish why can't my fucking teammates understand that when the enemy team is using faints or morphs every single time on every attack to not be fooled and block early. It's like they don't understand the logic.

>This guy has like four dudes in front of him, he wouldn't dare feint at a time like this
>One of us four would follow through with an attack during his feint/morph, or parry him properly on time
>oh he's attacking, oh shit he feinted, surely one of my other allies didn't f--
>KILLED
>KILLED
>SPIRIT BOMBED
>KILLED
Complacency is a lethal illness.

what are the odds that this game goes on sale soon? i'm low on funds atm

It already went on sale.

>All of these low-skilled webms
You niggers don't even chamber or morph.

Attached: 1501231103584.png (250x273, 66K)

Worst fact is that when people get so complacent, and have started drilling into their head that every movement from the enemy is a direct swing, you can actually use the flourish taunt to trigger a block, as they think it's an attack, I've done this a couple times and it works great, although it's pretty sad.

bro i dont see any tranny memes... r u ok

Either that lad or they were disgusted to find a duel fag.

Attached: 1505077502518.png (368x290, 163K)

do you even have enough time to hit them before their recovery is complete?
i remember attacking out of taunts is a bit fucky, don't think you can cancel the floursish midway through with an attack?

I swear to fuck, dodge doesn't update your hitbox until it finishes. I've lost fucking count of the number of swings I see pass in front of me during a backdodge only to get hit anyway.

Seeing the tip of the sword pass in front of you only for your head to suddenly pop off and roll away is fucking infuriating.

Attached: 1556413273649.png (638x239, 239K)

I'M FUCKING SHIT AT THIS GAME

No matter how much I feint morph or drag my swings faggots always perfectly block. I only do well hitting people in the back in frontline

>No matter how much I feint morph or drag my swings faggots always perfectly block
So kick them. Can't parry a kick.

MY WEBMS WOULD KILL A DRAGON, LET ALONE A MAN

You can't but depending on the timing you still have time to go for a attack after it finishes, all depending on the actual weapon ofc.

Go for their legs with swings and suddenly they'll forget how to time blocks.

What is love? Baby don't hurt me. Don't hurt me, no more.

Servers work server side, not client side.

Attached: door kick.webm (720x404, 2.93M)

Am I high or did this game release like 3 years ago? Why is it so big all of a sudden? Was it early access, or am I mixing it up with another first person medieval dueling simulator?

You're probably thinking of Chivalry

Nerf turds.

Attached: eiwq35ep07x21.jpg (2560x1080, 1.05M)

What's worse? Archers or horsefaggots?

>You're probably thinking of Chivalry
You're right, and Chivalry released 7 years ago, not three. Fuck.

Catapult faggots

haha your old

Attached: 1dj46731a.gif (301x301, 2.23M)

Attached: 1556934253702.jpg (810x1080, 96K)

Attached: 1554959492621.jpg (545x362, 32K)

>Knock bow out of archers hands
>He backs up and pulls out a backup melee weapon
>Grab his bow and run away
Gonna have to play the game now fag.

Attached: 1555784926163.jpg (445x403, 54K)

What Mordhau needs is Chivalryesque maps. For those who never played Chiv here's a list of examples of the maps objectives

Map -Cold Front:

Stage 1: Attacking team starts with a beach assault D-Day style. They have to capture 2 points on the beach defended by 2 ballistas and 2 catapults.

Stage 2: Once the attacking force captures the beach, they have 3 different ways to advance to the next stage.
>Siege towers so they can go up the castle walls and capture the control tower
>use the ballistas and catapults to brute force and break the middle gates (it has tons of hp)
>sneak by the sides and capture the control tower.

All of these choices can occur concurrently. Defenders are up on the castle walls raining arrows and ballista fire and anyone trying to get the siege towers to the walls.

Stage 3: the castle is infiltrated and now the highest scoring defender is nominated as a king (or next highest if he declines). King has special weapons and triple hp but only 1 life. The attacking team either has to kill him under 5-10 mins or he can escape out of his castle to the beach. So the defending team can either turtle or make a run for it while they clear the way for him.

This is what made us Chiv players keep playing for YEARS. It was so much fun and there were many other maps with different objectives too! This king of the hill shit is tiring.

Attached: Coldfront.jpg (1920x1080, 386K)

yep

Attached: mord.webm (1024x576, 2.93M)

Siege maps are in the works

When I swing at somebody with a heavy weapon I lean forward

Attached: 1557633471889.jpg (1200x828, 175K)

I love the way a horse's hitbox is about 3 meters in front of where it's model is.

I love the way my Billhook's full thrust in pull mode doesn't get priority over the horse rider swinging a dagger.

I love how the horse unflinchingly bowls through 4-5 dudes covered in about 40+ lbs each of full plate and brandishing sharp objects without taking a point of damage or losing a single ounce of momentum.

I love the way I can shoot the same horse in the head and it does the exact same damage as if I hit it in the ass.

I love the way I can snipe a horse rider in the head with a longbow or crossbow, do about 60 damage, then before I can reload and land another headshot, he's killed one person and Bloodlust has healed him to full, negating my next headshot.

Lastly I love how all weapons enter a time-space rift once you get on a horse and have their range roughly tripled where the guy with a 105cm Longsword is swinging with a range approximate to a Zwei, and a Zwei is swinging with a range equivalent to a 12 foot long sword.

>release four maps for Frontline
>two of them are absolutely one-sided, another a little less and the last one is okay

What were they thinking ? Did they only balance their game around duels and add Frontlines at the last minute ? Balancing the maps would be a great help but I agree that Siege maps were also pretty fun on Chiv. Maybe not 64 players though.

Either toolbox them, or get throwing axes.

>Someone else gets on horse
>God of Death with 20 foot blade
>I get on horse
>Can't hit anything with my ZWEI
>My sword's model literally passes through harmlessly
What am I doing wrong?

Attached: 1508004233954.gif (480x264, 1.54M)

my mouse wheel broke while I was downloading this and now I can't change the catapault power to finish the tutorial. 10/10 shit devs

Are you playing in third person? You have to play in third to horse properly.

good shit

Attached: 1524393006052.jpg (750x725, 365K)

You only lose out on a few shekels if you skip the tutorial

>fish eye
fucking hate this meme

I fucking hate zweiniggers

>If they wanted to fix dragging they shouldn't have been dogmatic about refusing to consider sweet spot damage. That would instantly solve issues of thrust-spamming or 'beyblade-ing'.
Thrust-spam and beyblading are easily countered though. They AREN'T issues.
Sweet spots would just make the damage you do more confusing and fuck up balancing for no reason.

I hate the executionsword more. Zwei is super easy to read.

Whoever came up with the ideas for the carts in frontline can fuck right off, it becomes basically impossible to win once the opponent has the cart a decent distance from the point

Not really, the game clearly tells you how much damage you did. Moutain Blade uses speed as a factor for damage and it plays fine on that front.

"Can I milk some jewtube shekels from this game"

>Game was out for stupid long before normal release so you have a few people who already know mechanics that the average player is still learning
Keyword being "few", dumbass. Alpha players number in the hundreds relative to a playerbase of tens of thousands.

nobody gives a fuck about your arbitrary rules faggot
cry me a river

i love that mace skin

who /medical assistance/ here?

Attached: mord5.png (1920x1080, 1.47M)

emo_edge_lord_viking.jpg

2 Hammer lmao

You could save a lot of perk points by getting rid of situational stuff. Acrobat and Car aren't really worth it in my opinion. Smith is only good with the blacksmith hammer, which barely anyone uses and doesn't spawn in maps unless I'm mistaken so you won't be able to scavenge one. Wrecker without an axe or a firebomb is also not very useful.

I see the neighborhood soibois have arrived.

would be more useful with 2 medpacks and a weapon.

Attached: combatmedic.png (500x405, 106K)

>unironic healslut

>frontine
>any weapon: 1/2kd ratio and half of the leaderboard
>executioner sword: 27 kills 10 deaths and 2nd place
Holy shit, this weapon is stupidly op in this mode

>stab still comes out faster
No it doesn't, retard. An accel'd swing morph is faster than a stab, interval, stab.
>welcome to the thread you are 2 hours behind the initial post!
imageboards replying systems function whether you're late to the discussion or not moron, i bet you're one of those people who bitches about "necroing" on traditional forums

>No matter how much I feint morph or drag my swings faggots always perfectly block.
That's what stamina's for.

archers are honestly not that strong and a lot less of a pain than they were in chiv, but are dishonorabru anyway
horsefags are very effective and annoying
gonna say horsefags

bards who don't fight and people who pick weapons that are likely to friendly fire and don't take the Friendly perk are infinitely worse than both, though

Yes, a lot. I'm gonna have to belt my upper body to the chair back, I keep leaning far forward into the screen full golem style any time I'm fighting 1v2 or using a ballista.

>Shitter who doesn't know what he's talking about

I should be used to this shit on Yea Forums but goddamn, do you fags are the worst when it comes to crying about rapiers

>Play the stamina game against them because shields have fuck all stamina drain negation compared to most weapons, even worse if they don't have one
>Chamber morph into a strike and turn your camera into the swing
>Sprint forward at them and chamber morph a kick
>Bait them to waste their stamina if they're literally a no brain stab spam idiot
>Run at them and feint/morph a kick if they turtle with a shield and stab them, then run forward and do it again until they stop raising their shield

There's plenty of ways to deal with rapier faggots, but you retards will always look for something to bitch about because you're too fucking stupid to admit that you're bad.

Attached: 1390112915495.jpg (325x325, 16K)

Did you even read the post before replying?
When thinking about how much damage you're GOING to do to a player, you already have to factor in the area you're hitting, the armor level they're wearing, the damage type of your weapon (antiarmor or regular), and the attack type of your weapon (swing or stab). Sweet spots as another confusing factor would make it completely incomprehensible to guess in the heat of a fight how much damage you're about to do.

And like I said it would fuck up balancing, everything would have to be rebalanced in the game because sweet spots would inevitably impact some weapons more than others.
So for what fucking purpose would you do it? The combat system works fine without momentum based damage.

>spawn
>Immediately hit zero to holster
>Walk into middle of battle
>Stand still and do pic related

Who /deadass staring at niggas/ here
Ive had enemies just stare back and leave me alone, while teammates try to kick me for being useless. Fuck you. Eyeballgang

Attached: im-boutto-just-start-staring-at-muhhfuckas-deadass-doe-38231212.png (500x489, 508K)

If I remember correctly, during the alpha days they said that you needed to match the attack direction in order to parry. Did they remove that?

No, thats why aiming for the feet works

Thanks, me too

Attached: mord2.webm (1024x576, 2.98M)

Attached: 20190520023031_1.jpg (853x940, 124K)

>mfw I perfectly timed a greatsword swing to oneshot a horsenigger as he bore down on me

I felt like hitting a walk off homerun dudes

Attached: 1266996990086.png (279x237, 3K)

>or losing a single ounce of momentum.
That's not true though, horses do lose momentum from their top speed when running through crowds.

You should try using a billhook, user. It's a wonderful feeling putting horsefuckers in their place.

Attached: 1558096494160.webm (1280x720, 2.92M)

not direction, but rather you need to be blocking in the same general area that the attack lands, directional blocks are chambers

based

fucking this

if shield and rapier were so busted, why do approximately 0 comp players use them, surely they would take advantage of such a strong build, no?

Yeah making a class completely useless is SUCH A GOOD A IDEA. Can't believe people play this shit game

It gives retards like you something good to feel about without completely ruining the game

>completely useless
But they're not, retard. People are talking in this very thread about topscoring as archers. Why don't you go be stupid somewhere else?

Never played chivalry or mount and blade of for honor or any of those games.
But I love knight aesthetic.
Is this game intuitive enough for someone with no experience with these kinds of games?

Tutorial explains it pretty well, I had not played chiv before this and had only played m&b (and not much) and i can get top 5 fairly often

archers still have their role while not being able to solo teams, stay mad bownigger

Oh and make sure you play the swordfighting part of the tutorial twice, possibly even 3 times, so it sinks in

tutorial is very good, the main way you will learn is by playing on duel servers, and learning from others (as cheesy as that sounds)

lmao arming sword is a tier at least. shit is extremely underappreciated. thrust is fast and kills t3 helmet in 2 headshots.

about bows and crossbows.
i tried them and i was getting a very low hit%, like it's fucking impossible to zoom, fucking impossible to set your aim on someone, and that someone is gonna move anyway. often you don't even 1hit kill anyone but other archers, so what's the point? is there some crazy trick for it? i felt useless.

Hammer does spawn in maps I've noticed but its hard to find cos the HUD is a bit too shitty. Support and misc markers should at least have a long range or map wide option

>implying you need to understand the game to just lunge with a spear left and right and raise your shield

i have fun and i am shit at executing what was explained in the tutorial. i acknowledge the existance of those mechanics, but i end up never using counters and timed bullshit, if not accidentally.

Sounds good. See you guys out there.

i liek

They're literally just for shooting other archers and put in the game to appease faggots

Another PC game where it's all about killing people.

Oh, so it's 'pre-preparing'.

play recurve, get close to the frontline, rack up constant points. Like with anything else, you need to PRACTICE.
People can't dodge very far so just aim at their center mass and you'll probably still hit them.

if it was then bow and arrow would be completely useless against armoured opponents. Gambeson and mail makes bows useless. You need a large crossbow for that.
And I see there are even late period plate in the game which makes 90% of the weapons useless.

throwing knives are underrated
>running at anyone for a fight
>throw shit at them
>they never expect it

>it's just Chivalry 1.03!!
>except for the new weapons and the maps
>and the game mods
>and the different gameplay, way more based on the mouse movement
>and the hitbox
>and the cavalry
>and the fact there is no real class, you can pick up any weapon on the field
>and how you handle catapult

>play the lastest AAA without any remorse tho

Not that user but you are retarded.
No swordsman in history blocked arrows with their sword.
Completely ruins any realism to the game.

battle axe or war axe?

My mouse is fucked right now, can I play this with a controller or do you guys think it would be too much of a handicap?

No swordsman in history ever teleported out of thin air back to life after dying. Who gives a fuck? It's a gameplay concession, just like spawning.

Do you bitch the game is unrealistic because you don't go into shock and spend 3 hours bleeding out when hit in the femoral artery?

there are different controls schemes, i've heard it's playable on controller but still better on m+kb. haven't tried it however.

>Just suspend your disbelief that you can block arrows with a fucking two handed sword, because the game has troop spawning.
No.
It's retarded.
This type of game is supposed to have as close to realistic combat as possible.
Blocking fucking arrow shots is some retarded anime bullshit just like the other user said.

>>Just suspend your disbelief that you can block arrows with a fucking two handed sword
Yes. You suspend your disbelief that players teleport out of thin air.
>This type of game is supposed to have as close to realistic combat as possible.
Where did this fucking "supposed" come from?? From the very first piece of promo material for the game they said FUN was the most important factor. Go have autism somewhere else.

>A chivalry close is not supposed to have realistic combat, despite it being the entire point of the genre of game.
Go play sonic.

clone*

Are those things any good? I have enough of my laptop keyboard for fps.

Attached: New-Arrival-Delux-T9-font-b-FPS-b-font-Single-Hand-gaming-font-b-keyboard-b.jpg (624x431, 38K)

>No swordsman in history blocked arrows with their sword.
how would you know?

WOW i just fucking LOVE it when the game decides to just shit all over it self and semi freeze every few seconds whenever i do anything like being in a fight or just trying to aim my throwables, etc. Fucking piece of shit, more often than not I got killed after it just freezes half through the battle and my hits or parries or whatever just don't fucking register.

Attached: 1450923244993.png (644x644, 29K)

You think Chivalry had realistic combat?
Ha
HAHA
HAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAH

Attached: z.png (1190x906, 270K)

>Blocking something travelling 300+ feet per second with an object 2 inches in width.
Yeah that is feasible.

Chivalry had problems too, doesn't change the fact that blocking a fucking arrow with a sword is some shit that doesn't happen in real life.

everyone constantly blocks my blows and it rarely ever fucking matters if i feint or morph or do anything at all they somehow just always fucking parry then, i don't get it

wow you're really stupid dude

Neither is spawning out of thin air you FUCKING RETARD HAHAHAH

>300+ feet per second

Cope harder fanboys.

SEETHING

>you're mad because you have autism, and we're playing a fun game you miss out on
Coping pretty well yeah, thanks!

I love when duelniggers can't compete with frontline chads in k/d.
>can't beat guy in duel
>realize this is frontline so literally who cares
>1 shot poke him every single time while team mates are fighting him, destroying his k/d

good thing the point is the objective

mordhau mode is fucking great, you can kill tier 3 armor with a body hit followed by a headshot

Holy fuck I just realized I've been doing this since three days ago. Why am I like this? I've been leaning every which way.

Attached: 1557625305473.jpg (500x350, 37K)

Me too. I know I've probably sunk to 0.01 kda by now just from some games with carving knife only. But when I pick a weapon I intend to use it the whole match

>friend seemingly picks only the shittiest of incomplete, buggiest, awful, early access, never to be finished Steam games to play and suggests I buy them to play with him
>I always do and end up suffering hundreds of hours in trash games just so we have something to do together because we are good friends
>he suggests Mordhau
>buy it two weeks ago
>it's fucking great
>it's not dead, buggy, or incomplete, maybe just a bit weak in the content department
>play it every day since I bought it
>he barely plays it since I bought it
>starts linking me horse shit games again
Why can't we just fucking put 200 hours into a good game for once? God damn it.

everyone who has a group of friends on steam has one of those friends. and they never stay in one game for long

Is there some kind of cheese build that lets fists be effective?

I found out that about half of all players are overwhelmed and don't know how to deal with the punching speed, how do I deal with the other half?

Attached: 1552169780097.png (725x634, 844K)

Holy shit, just looking at this webms is giving me a headache, how can you lot play this thing?

easily
are you asian or female or something

It's the burden of being someone with a much more diverse taste in gaming, not trying to tip a fedora here or anything. Mordhau is my favorite multiplayer game right now, and Super Mario Maker 2 is my most anticipated game. I like literally every single genre in gaming, but they have to actually be good games. He likes very few types of games, so he's left with the choosing since it will always be a game I'm interested in, but unfortunately he has way higher and unrealistic hopes for early access games than I do, and a higher tolerance of game breaking bugs and poor performance. His suggestion of Mordhau seems like a fluke, but I'm upset he didn't stick to it. He's an IRL long time friend and a good one, just has this annoying quirk with vidya. Sorry for blogposting.

I keep track of kills but that doesn't personally help me with much since it just makes me feel really fucking bad or just mad when I don't meet my expected quota for the match.

There are a couple ways to make fist builds "work".
>Brawler perk, obviously
>Dodge, to avoid swings from 1h weapons
>Rat for sneaking
>Bloodlust to keep any lucky rampages going
>Pavise shield on back can provide protection from ranged attacks, if you encounter that enough to make the 2 point cost worth it
>Smoke bomb can give you cover to go in swinging, and help you escape 2hander attackers
>Flesh Wound for those posthumous kills
>You can either choose no armor for full speed, or light armor/heavy so you can survive some hits

>how do I deal with the other half?
You never really will, fists are intentionally shit for obvious reasons.
Important techniques are ducking under high swings, sidestepping dodges, beginning your swing before you get in range of the enemy, feint to bait out blocks (IMPORTANT), and always being in sprint if you're not healing.

frontline chads get the best score and best k/d

You can't be serious. You can't be thinking that a wacky game like Mordhau is supposed to be realistic. How many soldiers have you seen whacking other soldiers in the head with their own stump of a severed arm?

Attached: seething.png (500x500, 256K)

Well, I won't begrudge you a blogpost since I read it and I know that feel to a small extent, but if his main flaw as a friend is shit vidya taste, consider yourself lucky

Attached: seething.png (500x500, 278K)

kek'd

Attached: 1477788958280.png (474x531, 350K)

meant to say "sidestepping stabs*"

seethe and cope

Jesus christ exefags are so braindead

If you want to catch them, pretend to be AFK

Attached: 1537147911346.webm (1280x720, 2.74M)

Yeah, not being a cancerous frogposter.

based

Fucking hero m8. You are certainly one of the boys.

>just pretend to be afk
>teammate saves you

good joke

Just punch them.

Attached: horsepunch.webm (700x392, 2.9M)

horsenigger cope

>fuck horseniggers!
>steal horse just after