Why can't anyone make a good fucking sequel?!

I'm getting real fucking sick of this shit, like fucking livid.
>Pirate/Buy first game
>Play the shit out of it
>Have a genuinely good time
>Pirate/Buy the sequel
>Feels like a weird version of the first game
>Progressively gets worse as I play
>I uninstall 2 hours in

I JUST WANTED TO FUCKING KILL PEOPLE! I DON'T GIVE A FUCK ABOUT THIS STUPID VIETNAM SIDE PLOT! I DON'T GIVE A FUCK ABOUT THIS FAGGY WRITER! Whoever thought it would be a good idea to make levels where you're forced to play a shitty character AND you're not allowed to pick up guns needs to be punched to death.
Fuck Hotline Miami 2. I just wanted to punch people to death, but instead I'm getting this shitty plot rammed down my throat AND I have to play useless fucking characters. At least the biker was playable. He was different, sure. But he was playable. I wish I could get a refund on my pirated copy of this piece of shit game.

Do you know what the worst fucking part is? I tell people how horrible these games are (Mass Effect 2, Witcher 3, etc.) and they look at me like I'm fucking insane! I feel like I'm turning into a fucking old man! Why the fuck is old good new bad?

Attached: m6y0x1mb.png (3000x3000, 1.05M)

Other urls found in this thread:

vg247.com/2013/07/17/hotline-miami-2s-journey-from-dlc-to-bloody-swansong/
youtube.com/watch?v=PERqCMw79Nk
pastebin.com/41LYGZDb
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

shut up

FUCK YOU AND YOUR SEQUELS

shut up!

FUCK YOU, STOP MAKING SHITTY VIDEO GAMES AND THEN I'LL SHUT UP. I KNOW YOU CAN MAKE A GOOD VIDEO GAME, I PLAYED THE FIRST ONE. JUST FUCKING DO IT AGAIN

The writer had the best gameplay mechanics though.

What makes this game suck is the windows.

Hotline Miami 2 was a great sequel.

Attached: index.jpg (209x241, 21K)

Congrats on being so fucking dense that you didn't pick up on the message of the first game and STILL didn't get it while playing the second game. The people who made it revile violence and retards like you that glorify it. They purposefully made the sequel bad to punish people who were looking forward to it, they hated just how popular the first one got because of how few people actually share their views after playing it.

>I didn't pay attention to any of the plot in 1 but am now paying attention to it in 2 and I don't like it because I'm an edgelord
Ok

YOU FUCKERS NEED TO GET PUNCHED TO DEATH

WHAT FUCKING MESSAGE? MY RETARD FRIENDS RECOMMENDED ME HOTLINE MIAMI BECAUSE I WOULDN'T STOP FUCKING JACKING OFF TO POSTAL 1

THE PLOT IS VIOLENCE

>Why can't anyone make a good fucking sequel?!
It happens, but for the vast majority my theory has been that the first one has to make an impression to get sold at all let alone a sequel, so usually it's very innovative and polished to fuck.
The sequel tends to meet equal to it and not feel as innovative, be over eager for innovation that adds nothing or isn't balanced well so it takes away something or, the worst offender, just doesn't even bother since they know fans of the prior will buy it anyway.

YOU NEED TO BE ANGRIER, YOU'RE TOO CALM FOR MY THREAD

Fuck off teen. if you want your shooty shooty gore quippy action go play hatred.

Yeah that's not the point at all you fucking moron. Hotline Miami 1s story was a commentary about the usage of violence as a "choice" in video games despite the choices actually being predetermined by the developers, shown in game as being nihilism turned dark. In turn the "choices" allow violence to become more and more brutal and prevalent as it gives the illusion of choice to the player, therefore Jacket and crew become more and more disturbed as they believe they're making choices and use the violence as justification. Hotline Miami 2 was originally just going to be DLC for 1 because they felt they had created a larger world than 1 could deliver in terms of Jacket's backstory, the hallucinations, origins and goals of 50 Blessings, the Journalist, Richter etc. But the more they fleshed it out they realized it kept getting bigger so they decided to just have it be it's own game. They wanted to expand on gameplay choices and felt the best way to do so was to put actual limits on certain characters and design levels that would force you to adapt to more than just the number of enemies on screen. Personally I think it's excellently done in some levels, but others it's just fucking tedious and annoying (such as that cargo ship made out of windows level). 2 proved to be more divisive as it tried to do more with its formula.

At no point did they make it just to spite their audience or gaming in general. That's the dumbest fucking excuse I've ever read to justify 2's short comings aside from the obvious (as well as stated by the devs) that they just wanted to try something different with their gameplay loop.

I ALREADY DO, IT'S ALSO A GOOD GAME. BUT I'M BUSY REPLAYING HOTLINE MIAMI LOOKING FOR THIS FAGGY "MESSAGE"

Shut the fuck up Tony. Grow some thick skin.

SKIN IS FOR FAGGOTS

It straight up tells you its "message" you mong. Stop shitposting on Yea Forums and either pay attention, or just google the lore and watch some youtube videos.

t. Richard

you...you know the writer can kill people too right? also use guns more

fuck off giga stupid nigger, HM2 had some glorious ost and moments.

Attached: 3416.jpg (1920x1080, 304K)

You'll never be as cool as Jacket, Tony. Go home and take your idiot friends with you.

HOW ABOUT I GO TO YOUR HOME AND PUNCH YOUR MOM

Yeah, I hate it when games expand on the core concepts in fun and interesting ways. Sequels NEED to be bland predictable drivel, identical to the original in every way

Oh yeah, I totally believe you. That's why the soldier levels are the absolute low point between the two games with concurrently the most violence and the worst use of the game's systems. That's why they literally nuked their entire plot, because they care so much about making a quality game that people can be invested in. That's why the moral at the end of the first game (jacket not biker) is that you're a fucking retarded tool. This is not Spec Ops: The Line 2. This is "we thought Spec Ops didn't go far enough with mocking the player for just playing the game."

Spite is actually the only "excuse" for why the second game was a flaming turd, because they had plenty of time to figure out that the levels they built were garbage and the plot was fucking stupid. They wanted the game to be bad, and this fact drips from nearly every part of it. If you can't see it, then you're choosing not to see it.

SOMEBODY FUCKING GETS IT

IS THAT SHIT ABOUT THEM WANTING IT TO BE BAD ACTUALLY TRUE? I'M GONNA LOOK FOR DEV POSTS OR SOME SHIT. IF THIS SHIT IS TRUE IT'S GONNA BE FUCKING DEPRESSING AND INFURIATING.

>it couldn't possibly be that the story ends on a low note because the devs felt it was appropriate and earned given to type of story/game it is, it has to be self sabotage
>there couldn't possibly be any interviews where the Devs themselves state it be anything but sabotage
WHOPPING 0.5 SECONDS IN GOOGLE
vg247.com/2013/07/17/hotline-miami-2s-journey-from-dlc-to-bloody-swansong/

HEY TONY WE JUST GOT AN INVITATION TO A PARTY FROM THE MAFIA FROM THAT PHONE WE TOOK FROM THAT ASSHOLE WE JUST KILLED. LET'S GO BEAT SOME ASSHOLES UP

git gud
HM2 is just as good as the first one.

>Glass windows: the level
>Tanky black guys: the level
Fuck you.

Hotline Miami 2 had its flaws but it also had its pluses and was overall fun to play and a great sequel. Suck a dick OP, get a grip and some thicker skin while you're at it

Attached: 1556165636873.png (700x490, 345K)

>Patriot
>not jake
>Grumbling guy
>not Mark

I'M GONNA BE REAL WITH YA CHIEF, IF I FORCE MYSELF TO SLOG THROUGH THE REST OF THE GAME, THERE BETTER BE ANOTHER TONY LEVEL

IT'LL BE A GOOD TONY LEVEL, DEFINITELY NO BAD THINGS HAPPENING LIKE EVERYONE GETTING THEMSELVES KILLED OR ANYTHING

Attached: 7E93191C783D0B81836E1D1D91263F486A780C4B.jpg (1920x1080, 337K)

>trash
>not Corey

I also suffer from shit taste user but with a daily dose of "git-gud" I managed to overcome it

Manny Pardo did nothing wrong.

How can one man be so wrong?
>Postal 1
Well that explains it

Attached: I don't want to live in this society anymore.png (353x777, 532K)

What did you guys think of Katana Zero? I liked it quite a lot, the gameplay is almost as fun as HM is and the story is a little more present then HM but overall fantastic game

Attached: katanazero1-1.jpg (1000x563, 184K)

WHAT'S WRONG WITH POSTAL 1?

You literally did nothing right, Pardo.

>put Evan in a dangerous situation
>killed people because he was an attention whore
>thinks he's better than everyone else
Fug outta here Manny

Attached: 1556165896974.jpg (500x483, 48K)

I could tell you, but I risk slicing my vocal cords with all the edge.

you didn't even mention the fact that every level is a hallway where the enemy will shoot you before you see them or if it's not that it's a hallways with windows in front so all the enemies will come rushing you instead.

>the dumb redneck is the one who got the closest to the truth behind 50 blessings, save for Biker.
What did they mean by this?

L U N C H T I M E

Attached: 1544686281913.gif (329x300, 1.99M)

Too short
Gameplay is good but there's really not enough of it

NO SERIOUSLY, I'M BEING SERIOUS. Nobody I talk to has played half the games I have, I want to know why you think it's shit. I literally just want to hear another opinion on it. I like it because it's just mindless killing like L4D or Payday.

Yeah it felt like it was 2/3 complete, Hard mode and speedrun mode are releasing next month and a story update is coming eventually. It leaves you hanging right at the point where the big things are happening in the plot. Otherwise then that though I loved it

Knock people over and punch em on the floor until some blood comes out as Evan twice and he'll be able to kill and use guns.

I gotta say it feels like the level design is or feels so much different from the first game

Wait are you serious? He stops doing the fucking unload thing if I do that? I was just using melee weapons. Congrats on convincing me to reboot this shit.

I liked it's story way better than HM and also love it when a game's mechanics are also tied into the story. The only thing that sticks out enough to bother me is the masked men since the "choice" they give you has no effect on the game and just serves as a way to waste your time. I'd complain about the length as well but I assume it has free dlc coming and I don't mind episodic content.

>he didn't know
youtube.com/watch?v=PERqCMw79Nk

Yes, when you knock them over keep punching them and he will start making a bloody mess, do it twice on two different mobsters and there you go, he takes off his jacket and goes full murder.

I OFFICIALLY WITHDRAW ALL NEGATIVE STATEMENTS I MADE ABOUT THE VERY HETEROSEXUAL WRITER CHARACTER. HE WAS MY BIGGEST COMPLAINT AND I WILL TRY TO DEAL WITH THE VIETNAM LEVELS NOW

Beard’s section was my favorite. I would love to see it as a standalone short film.

Good, calm down man even if the game is different you can still find enjoyment out of it, just skip intros and go straight for the violence if that's what you want. Just get prepared becuase the level design no longer makes going on melee rampages so easy

Youre wrong. They stated they made the first game with no direction while on drugs and all fucked up and just let it out. They ended up hating it because it was a mess according to them.

The second game came from completely sober minds and had a coherent idea behind it, and they said they loved it as their magnum opus. Never have they stated any dumb shit about disliking violence.

Just turns out their faggy visions was way worse than their raw creativity

I think you just answered your question. Payday and L4D are mindless killing games, but the people actually bothered to elevate it above that. Payday was a heist game and you actually had to plan your next moves accordingly. It actually felt like being in one of those high octane heist movies like "Heat". L4D was also mindless killing, but that was because every NPC wanted you dead and stopping for a while was a good way to get fucked. It was tense and scary.

Basically, the people behind Payday and L4D bothered to make a game that's other than just mindless killing by tweaking the concept and adding their own ideas and inspirations.

Postal 1 does not. It only exists to be "the game". It has no other point than to be shocking and I consider it to have no value because of it. I think the fact that you have to piss on the grave of the original protagonist should be representative of what I think of such games.

Attached: 1550039575390.jpg (326x247, 30K)

You should read a book sometime.
Or even just watchable movie outside the action genre.

I AM NOT ANGRY ANYMORE AND HAD FUN REPLAYING SUBWAY WITH THE BUFF WRITER MAN. I THINK I'M GONNA CALL IT A NIGHT WHILE I AM SMILING AND LAUGHING ABOUT MY AUTISTIC RAGE ABOUT THE WRITER AND THE VIETNAM LEVELS. I'M GOING TO TAKE INTO ACCOUNT ALL THE SHIT I READ ON THE INTERNET WHEN I REPLAY THE VIETNAM LEVEL TOMORROW AND NOT LOSE MY SHIT OVER GETTING KILLED FROM ACROSS THE MAP OR THROUGH 90 BOGUS WINDOWS

Once you get the sniper in the vietnam levels use it, you have full field of vision with it so no more cheap deaths from 20 miles away. And fat faggots can't even get near you.

Don't shill your shitty video.

it was okay
it missed a lot of what made the first game fun for most people

>fat faggots
They're the reason I alt+f4'd and made this thread

>giving in to violence and letting Evan stoop to the same level as everyone else
Enjoy your C grade

Get ready because those are the main enemies that will take a shit on your corpse later on.

I'm being a realist, the only one that's actually a good person is Beard, the rest are all assholes in some way or another, and Evan is no exception.

my shitty video is a mashup of Expander with the DK64 Rap.
don't be a nigger.

you can turn evan into a good person
thats the whole point of his arc

He still dies and gets shat on by Richard when you restart the game, Beard is the only one that's consistent no matter what you do.

My favorite game ever.
The story and characters are the main highlight to me but I also love the gameplay, the detailed pixel art. Everything about Hotline Miami 2 is great.
Death Wish and Apocalypse are among my favorite levels in any game ever.

Shame people are faggots and cant appreciate it because its too hard or because they have the same comprehension of storytelling that 1st graders have.

Attached: 20190307164617_1.jpg (1920x1080, 762K)

people dont hate it because its hard they hate it because it discourages taking risk
which was a big part of the first game's appeal

Based, favorite game of all time is pushing it but top 15 for me, and the first game probably isn't even top 50 or 100.

I'm glad I came on Yea Forums to scream into the void instead of uninstalling the game and never looking back. I would've looked autistic if I complained to anyone in real life about the writer character.

Attached: jhf3yd72187tgv.jpg (209x241, 54K)

Attached: 1553719666945m.jpg (1024x573, 73K)

I saw someone call this game zoomer killer7. How true is that? Killer7 is one of my favorite games and if it's in any way similar then I'm down to chuck thirty bucks on it.

Considering in 1 how long enemies take to react and how small rooms are, 2 allows far more risk.
Sure you can play the entire game as a pussy. Peeking around corners and never really engaging. Thats the safe option. But if you want a good combo or time you need to take risks even more so then 1.
And its fucking exhilarating, theres no better thrill then full comboing levels.

the two have next to nothing in common outside of they are both stylized

> 2 allows far more risk.
>everyone has guns
>everyone can shoot you from off screen

>theres no better thrill then full comboing levels.
show me someone doing this without peeking with guns in the later levels

Grow a thicker skin and get good, baby.

Not as much as the others with the exception of Richter and Beard.

Fuck off, you make me sick!

>Tony always acts as an asshole
>Only Fan to not take part in torturing the Henchman
>Only Fan to survive All his friends are dead and his entire way of life destroyed
>Has to hold Corey as she bleeds out in his arms
>Genuinely wants out and surrenders to the police
>some sonny crockett look-alike walks in, mumbles something about fame and shoots him

Attached: the end.jpg (464x750, 137K)

He didn't stop them.

>if your game has an actual ending that means you want it to be bad
Ok, I'm sorry it wasn't "Richard will return in Hotline Miami: Endgame"
>this actual child thinks that every story has to have a moral to remind him how a well-adjusted adult would act like
The moral was that you enjoyed the game. Jacket (you) smokes a cig (relaxing after finishing a level) and lets go of the picture (his story and motivation) and waits for the cops (the end/credits) to come. Jacket doesn't give a fuck about the consequences because neither do you. Remember to brush your teeth.

This thread stinks. I fucking hate these people.

We could always get some pizza

>kill a bunch of people
>want to stop the moment something doesn't go according to plan
>expecting to chill in prison and continue to live just like that
Manny did the right thing, and did you forget Tony was also doing it for fame?

You're alright, Mark.

Ah the good old "he didn't do it personally even though he was the leader so he's a good person" defense

This is the Sons first level on hard mode done using the ability which prevents you from picking up guns.
Its not full combo because there is a third screen with 2 fat guys and a dodger but that takes too long to get too from this screen.

Attached: 20190505170822_1.jpg (1920x1080, 488K)

>He doesn't like HM2
Pleb filter working as intended.

wRITER IS SUPPOSED TO BE NON-LETHAL, IF YOU DO NOT ENJOY THE IDEA OF KNOCKING NIGGAS OUT THEN JUST PUSSY OUT OF HIS PLAYSTYLE.
yOU'RE INTENDED TO ONLY KNOCK SOMEONE DOWN THEN PUNCH THEM TWICE, THEN TAP SPACE. YOU GET OFF THEM AND CONTINUE MOVING. YOU DO NOT KILL THEM, AND YOU ARE ALLOWED TO DO WHATEVER. THIS IS A DIFFERENT TAKE ON THE FORMULA, AND WRITER'S LEVELS ARE GENUINELY GOOD THANKS TO IT. I THINK SO, ANYWAYS.

THE GAME IS JUST BETTER IF YOU'RE ON WEED, TO BE HONEST. I REALLY WAS FRUSTRATED WITH IT WHEN SOBER BUT WHEN YOU'RE HIGH IT'S MUCH MORE TOLERABLE.

You shouldn't pay for digital distribution in the first place.
I bought the physical release of Hotline Miami 1 and 2 for PC.

Hotline Miami 2 is probably the most excited I've been for a game. I'm incredibly nostalgic for the days of /hmg/. I remember endlessly rewatching the trailers and combing over extra details. I was seemingly the first person to post about the Fans serving in Hawaii. 2 has some short comings for sure, but it was a great ride. Eventually, I got to see both Perturbator and Carpenter Brut live which were both excellent experiences. I'm obviously biased, but only because it has a special place in my heart.

Attached: 1558195026186.gif (426x240, 2.3M)

pastebin.com/41LYGZDb

>You shouldn't pay for digital distribution in the first place.

Why not?

I hated it too

>huge map
>glasses windows
>enemies snipes you from across the map
>no gun selection
>doesn't feel like a sort of cool dance/combo now
>instead it's more of an hide and seek game

yeah, I'll pass

Hey OP

I know you think the whole sport thing is pretty funny because kids laughed at you when you acted like a fucking retard in elementary school, but it isn't. You are just an obnoxious retarded adult now. People dont like you.

hotline miami 2 is the only game I can think of where I remember getting genuinely excited about the release and anticipating it being great only to be let down by a mediocre sequel compared to the first game
plus the level editor was supposed to be available on the game's launch and if you knocked a girl up the night the game was released she'd have been able to give birth to a health child before it finally released in a completely fucked, semi-functional state

>THERE BETTER BE ANOTHER TONY LEVEL
uuuuhhhhh......

>Corey
>trash
EX-FUCKING-SCUSE ME?

not to mention
>plot has to do with governments
>theme about war and violence
>play as different personas (HM with masks/people, Killer7 with personalities)
>haunted by ghosts
>sometimes quirky/subtle humor (although rare)
>and most importantly thE FUCKING AMAZING OST TURN THAT FUCKING SHIT UP

>Tony
>leader
even if i liked him, i think he was more of the loud one rather than the leader
also hes sweaty and stinks
i want to smell him

she cute

Attached: butt.jpg (1024x768, 95K)

Hotline Miami 2 had a level editor, right?
I'm guessing by now there must be thousands of usermade maps.
Any you'd recommend looking into?

2 was better than 1 dork

Wild Thing. It's a 14 level campaign for Corey with the levels all designed so Dodge Roll is useful and clever instead of fucking useless.

If there was no one ever talked about it or used it because I've never heard of it

I'm willing to bet OP doesn't even know how to feel and can't tell the difference between black and white.

Miami holocaust,18 levels and shit senpai. based on the first one level design and it's pretty gud.

miss me, Yea Forums?

Attached: 1506025929204.png (1280x720, 538K)

Tony killed for the sport of it. No sport in killing an unarmed man or dying in a blaze of glory to cops.

LA? I just saw Perturbator last month at the reagent

Fuck this faggot developer and his shit work ethic
>b-but it was a passion project
Yep, there was also a patreon where you could pay for the product. You don't promise people something and then decide to change it because it suits you and your faggot weebshit tastes.

just here to call you a brainlet

FUCK. YOU.

Because most/if not all ideas that are good are basically lightning in a bottle. Sequels are difficult since they not only have to match that same energy but also exceed it with similar but new mechanics and systems. In actuality most sequels could be 1:1 copies with half decent plots and that's it but people naturally want to reinvent the wheel for whatever reason 99% of the time. Also not everything needs a a continuation of the story, it's why a lot of things suck dick now and people are too stupid to figure this out. That and the fact that truly good stories exist before the plot begins, and don't necessarily end at the "ending"

Reverse image search returns nothing. Name pls

Indie faggot called Spencer Yan was making a fan-game called Midnight Animal which was supposed to be a sequel to HM2 set in the future. He had the blessing from the original HM devs and everything to make it and it was pretty much just more of what everyone wanted. Gameplay was more or less the same and the artstyle while it had its own twist was still also more or less the same.

A few months or about a year later he announces it's going to become more like an RPG focusing on the life of the protagonist in a similar vein to Persona and by the time it got cancelled the game had completely switched focus from HM to weebshit. The artstyle and everything else about it changed to look more like an anime.

this got cancelled as well

Attached: 1542491617523.png (499x497, 426K)