What was the best hivemind in a video game?

What was the best hivemind in a video game?

Attached: Overmind_SCR_HeadAnim.gif (224x240, 2.28M)

>cerebrate protagonist from sc1 was unceremoniously killed offscreen

Attached: angery.jpg (255x255, 15K)

YAAAS QWEEN OF BLADES

The Mar Sara magistriate just fucked off with no word, the episode 3 executor was retconned to be Artanis when Artanis was a newcomer Nerazim, the UED captain presumably died when Kerrigan destroyed the Aleksander.

"I am a monument to all your sins..."

Attached: H2A_Gravemind.png (1920x815, 715K)

FUCK them for doing this.

Yea Forums

Yea Forums

This, H2A was fantastic

>that episode where he went to the Feed and Seed store

only a rare few vidya cutscenes are etched into my mind, but among them:
>THIS ONE IS MACHINE AND NERVE AND HAS HIS MIND CONCLUDED
>THIS ONE IS BUT FLESH AND FAITH AND IS THE MORE DELUDED

>The Overmind was actually a "noble being" and was only being manipulated into being evil, and everything it did in SC1 was suicide
When did you realize StarCraft could never be redeemed?

Attached: u wot m8.jpg (400x407, 19K)

>When did you realize StarCraft could never be redeemed?

When it came out and the custom game lobby was completely fucked.

didn't broodwar state that artanis was the guy from sc1?

Planet in SMAC

Attached: ever since I came to Planet you.png (1000x668, 315K)

>Fenix got backstabbed and died twice just so raynor could get some of abathur's enhanced pusy
>He doesn't come back as a very fucking angry force ghost or through the protoss wifi
>They still bring him back as a bot double anyways

That dumb nerd and post-modern artist with his obsession for perfection can't hold a candle to the sc2 version which was a mind-controlled badass who sacrificed himself to save the universe.

"Proud beast" - Tassadar. And never forget that.

No, in BW he was some random Nerazim that everyone treats like a newcomer. SC2 retconned him to be the episode 3 player character and that wasn't until Lotv I think although WoL made him Aiur Templar.

The Many from SS2

Wew that hd render is shit, the iris looks like its outside the globe

Im so god damn bitter. Sc2 is fucking gay

At best, the remaster's new graphics look off. No one asked them to rethink the art (even though the original has slight incoherence e.g. kerrigan having three very different models) and I wish they'd realized how inadequate they were for the job.

Yeah i guess its nice that they tried and really wanted to be faithful. But i prefer the pixel look to the shiny plain looking, mobile game style they ended up with (what can you do without appropriate lighting after all). Bummer

Hardly counts but I like them.

Attached: stellaris scourge.png (400x302, 130K)

I really like Stellaris, but goddamn I wish it didn't take 3 days to get through a single game

Many from system shock, easily.
Mostly because they are the best developed hivemind as 90% of the game is dedicated to them.
We get a good look at them slowly overtaking the population, they communicate with player a decent amount and them having rivalry with the real main villain as well as a form of a "good" goal adds a bunch of depth.

I think that's a good thing to be honest. There's so much to do in one run that's it's pretty crazy that the game is able to run on shitty laptops and the fact you can make 30+ different races and 50+ combos for policies and ethics, it gives you the freedom to choose your path the way you want to.

I just wish the AI were smarter during war.
So many loops and stalls.

I thought this guy was the Mar Sara magistrate

Attached: MattHorner_SC2_Head2.jpg (638x972, 111K)

Glory to the Many. I am a voice in their choir.

“I am a timeless chorus, join your voice with mine and sing victory everlasting!”

The Zerg in SC1 are not motivated by evil. The Overmind seeks to create the ultimate life form and a bright future for the Zerg.

The Zerg do get in conflicts with the other civilizations when doing so. But they don’t actively seek their destruction. They just get pushed aside so they wouldn’t be threats.

Sure, seeking out victims for hybrid development (Kerrigan) and cheekily relocating HQ to the Protoss core world can be seen as evil. But this is close to the base line evil everyone has. It’s not like Terrans and Protoss don’t conquer and experiment on one another.

Nope