What the fuck were they thinking?

Attached: slave knight gael.jpg (1280x720, 135K)

>gimme ur DARK SOUL (tm) LOL
what did from mean by this?

Soul of Cinder was better. I get what they were going for with Gael though: "You, a literal who, fight against this other literal who in the future when the world is a barren wasteland". It fits the themes of the games but eh, he's just a guy with a sword mixed in with some Logarius evil spirit magic in his cape. Dark Souls 3 was always a shitty version of Bloodborne in almost all of its design choices.

>Soul of Cinder was better
SOC was as much of a literal who as Gael was.
>uhhh the souls of all the lords combined and animated this suit of armor because reason
>Then they plaster it all over the box art and promo materials

How does that even work? How can the souls combine into the SOC if you have the souls in your posession at the time?

Attached: 1.png (435x807, 948K)

What le fuck is this?

what?

I never played the Ringed City dlc, I lost interest in Dark Souls 3. What's the lore behind it? Specifically who is Gael?

A literal nobody

>I never played the Ringed City dlc, I lost interest in Dark Souls 3. What's the lore behind it? Specifically who is Gael?

this

He's a literal nobody. A no name loser slave who works for the painting girl in ariandel.

He's on a quest to find the Dark Soul, to give to the painting girl so she can create a brand new type of world, based entirely on darkness instead of fire.

I still can't fucking beat him

I beat Midir no problem, I beat Fume Knight first try

Gael is a weird fight; I can see what he's doing, it's nothing complex but he gets lucky and deals an insane amount of damage early on or wrecks me with even more damage right when his health is at 10%

stop rolling backwards.

learn to abuse your iframes and roll into attacks

You burn them before being able to access that fight brainlet

Even still you could argue they're not actually a part of it and that the Soul of Cinder is the amalgam of all Lords of Cinder BESIDES them

Either way it makes no difference

dropped Ds3 after defeating pontiac solomon and while that was a fun fight, I kinda lost interest..how much is left in the game and are the dlc's worth it? just finished sekiro and kinda want more fromsoft games

That's Pontiff Sulyvahn without clothes.

>Either way it makes no difference
either way it he's a literal who because there's no lore leading up to him, and no indication that a soul of cinder is a thing that happens

>You burn them before being able to access that fight brainlet
they're still sitting in my inventory

How do i abuse iframes

>either way it he's a literal who because there's no lore leading up to him, and no indication that a soul of cinder is a thing that happens
It's meant to be a surprise.
How the fuck is anyone meant to know that kindling the flame would eventually cause every single individual soul of great warriors to coalesce into a demi-god that represents the very thing those souls fought against?

git gud

>don't you get it, brainlet? The climax was SUPPOSED to be anti-climactic.

I didn't really believe it was the final boss of the game till the gwyn music started playing in phase 3

Gael is 10/10

10/10 sound design
10/10 music
10/10 arena
10/10 combat
10/10 challenge

If you don't understand what I mean, just consider this,

That's 50/50.

And that's rare.

I can see the resemblance to the bird demons from the painting

That's not possible

don't they straight up say The Dark Soul in the very first games introduction
why do people meme this one fight so hard

Amygdala head lookin ass

>>uhhh the souls of all the lords combined and animated this suit of armor because reasons
it's not just the lords in the game, it's the souls of EVERY lord who linked the flame. Every player from Dark Souls 1 and every other person since then that linked it, with Gwyn's being the strongest

Neat. Thanks.

Are there anymore lore shit from him(less so him, just the context)? I thought the Dark Soul was never really explained outside of hints that it's humanity itself.

Play Bloodborne instead

Basically, he's an ancient ass undead, a slave knight. Slave knights were cannon fodder, and most went mad. He didn't. He outlived his masters and devoted himself to the little painter girl in Ariandel. He knew that the dark soul of man, which was in the dried blood of the pygmies, would drive him mad, so he tricked the Ashen One into getting the blood for the painter, pre-emptively sacrificing himself to create a peaceful world for people to live in while the age of dark came. He may be a nobody in the grand scheme of things, but he's still somebody to someone.

>Are there anymore lore shit from him(less so him, just the context)? I thought the Dark Soul was never really explained outside of hints that it's humanity itself.

Somewhat.
turns out the pygmy and the race of primordial humans actually helped gwyn in defeating the dragons.
gwyn gifted them The Ringed City, as their reward.
Conveniently, for gwyn, the ringed city exists at the furthest edge of time and space, so once the pygmies went there, they were basically trapped. gwyn thought he could do this to get rid of the dark soul.
The original pygmy must have died at some point, because the dark soul was passed down to the pygmy kings.

based

Attached: 1497281706972.webm (848x480, 2.24M)

Actually no.

Dark Souls 1 informs you of the creation of the world, and then how the remnants of the society you play in came to be. It focuses mostly on the Lord Souls (Gwyn - Life/Lightning, Nito - Death/Disease, Izalith - Fire/Chaos). What the Dark Soul actually is has to be inferred from things like Kaathe's conversations and Manus' fight, location and lore items.