Thoughts on this game, Yea Forums?

Thoughts on this game, Yea Forums?

Attached: 3K1a2KM.png (1920x1080, 1.85M)

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/BurningAegis/status/1129607967345696769?s=20
mobile.twitter.com/rage38682512/status/1129564369686110209
youtube.com/watch?v=B685Pqg6ZZ0
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Needs a Switch port

I really loved it honestly for the setting alone. The set up to the plot was interesting enough, even if it didnt resolve that well. The exploration was top tier, and the masternind class was pretty fun

I need a sequel immediately

fpbp
but what about the mining sim that was on the gamepad?

I liked the other two much more. X felt like a dying MMO. I've been meaning to give it another shot. Maybe if it gets ported to Switch.

Honestly the best JRPG I've ever played. I guess the main story was a bit weak but everything else was so fun. Also I really liked the self-insert character, they gave you a lot of differents answers to work with in the sidequests. I hope the possible sequel keep the MC like that.

Great game overall. Even though the story was basic I thought the game was expertly paced at least until you got a flying mech. It seemed like there was always something to look forward to unlocking that would help you explore or fight better.

Fun gameplay and world but the characters and story is literal dogshit

Fun game but after 100 hours I was a little burned out. Also I didn't likw how there was no way to replay old story missions and that there was only one save file.

Same, I believe the setting is absolutely stunning, and full of life to it. And while I heard a lot of mixed opinions about the story, I personally thought it caught my interests with whole "humanity's last stand" premise.

Attached: xenoblade-chronicles-x-screenshot-09.jpg (880x490, 102K)

HELLO?

Wish they made more jrpgs like this one.

It's has an open world that I genuinely enjoyed simply exploring. Can't think of many other games that do this.

SOON

Attached: download (9).jpg (300x168, 11K)

God damnit, why can’t you faggots start an X thread when I’m not at work? I just want to discuss the amazing story and characters without having to use a phone.

World and music, general ambiance - Masterpiece level (exception NLA night theme)
Combat - Solid but can be fundamentally broken too easily
Characters - Art is great but the rendering into 3d failed, characters are ugly looking in a weird pseudo-anime pseudo-3d realistic style
Story - Sidequests are fun and cool but the main plot is disjointed and pretty lame
Themes - Weaker than in the other Xenoblade games imo which are weak compared to Saga and Gears
Online features - Weak as fuck, the game would have been excellent as a small scale MP game like Phantasy Star, what we got with online was a fucking shame imo.I would have loved to explore the world as a whole with 3 friends.

All in all I think it might be the best entry in the series and one of my top 25 games of all time. If they give us an X2 with either a better story or that doubles down on MP it would be GOAT. I'd especially like it if they took a page out of Torna and gave us a system where we can make Mims and use them like blades and it has the fighting game style heal mechanic. Torna's combat had some of the weaknesses that 2 had but I really loved the vanguard/rear/switch art system

IS THIS THING ON?

>soon
I doubt it. Takahashi said they ran out of money and resources for an X port, even though he said he’d personally like to see it.

Also I wanted to comment that the characters are generally less well developed than in 1/2 in part because there are more of them. Only Lin and Elma feel fully fleshed out and I guess the intent was to have your party be you, Lin, Elma, and the 4th slot was a rotating side-character.

I did like how the side missions all felt like a filler episode in an anime, you had your little heart to heart scene to start them, then at the end you had the scene back in the blade barracks with the outro music for a lot of them.

Can open up a menu to do it

It's a bad Xeno game, but it's also the best game to come out of Xeno and a great game in general.

poor successor to xb1 fantastic game if judged on its own merits

Making the story related missions requiring elma and potato in your party is a mistake not to say I wouldn't keep elma sexy self but potato gots to go

PROS:
-Incredible world and sense of scale
-Uncontrollable
-Lots of customizability
-It was cool seeing Tanaka's art in 3D
-Giant robots are cool
-On foot combat is fantastic
-Some good plot concepts
-Great side quests
-The chapter where NLA is under attack is great

CONS:
-Absolutely horrible UI
-Can't sort massive inventory
-Can't sell multiple items at once
-Really clunky dialog
-A couple areas feel phoned in
-Player is not main, or even important, character
-Terrible NOA Treehouse localization changes major plot points and outright removes blatant connections to Xenoblade 1 as well as gnostic themes
-Can't jump in mech after getting flight
-Main plot is very distracted and poorly paced and developed except for one or two plot points
-Main plot locked behind progress gates
-Base camps are already set up in "unexplored" regions of the planet
-Character actions don't match the stakes of plot presented
-Character mechs do not appear in cutscenes
-Mech combat vastly underdeveloped compared to on foot
-Only three characters ultimately matter in the plot: Elma, Lao, Lin
-Forced party of Elma and Lin during all story segments
-Tatsu jokes are not funny
-Tatsu is not funny
-Tatsu jokes are made before Tatsu even joins the party
-Some janky, awkward animations in cutscenes
-Can't recruit Vandham
-Ganglion woefully underdeveloped
-Music in town isn't great unless you like cheese
-Most endgame content gated behind grinding or vaguely explained online events
-Some DLC quests gated behind game completion, namely ones that help you level up and are useless postgame
-No proper dungeons, very little proper plot flow
-Ends the moment the plot gets interesting
-Online content feels tacked on

Overall it feels incomplete, but despite that it is one of my favorite games from the previous generation.

That's a shame to hear. X is a legitimately good game and there was genuine hype for it back in the day. What happened?

Attached: 1556167171552.jpg (600x913, 197K)

Any other games with exploration even close to this?

you must not have played a lot of JRPGs if you think one with an admittedly "weak story" is the best you've ever played.

>Minding my own business and suddenly Uncontrollable plays

Attached: 1555723820667.gif (1024x435, 2.92M)

Name a better one then. And no, Xeno 1 isn't a good answer.

But it’s a fantaststic Xeno game, similar to Gears thematically. It even makes the only overt reference to Gears of the 3 blade games, with the Verus skell

The game was released unfinished and Xenoblade 2 came out and gave us the last few chapters which made us taste the beauty of Xenogears again

The story isn’t even bad. Hell, the story is amazing overall, it’s the plot that’s mediocre. But plot is the least important element of a good story. Hamlet isn’t good because of its plot, neither is Lord of the Rings.

>that one alligator tyrant that pops out of the lake

Attached: 1549004794486.gif (500x307, 652K)

ONE TWO THREE FOUR

No it doesn't. If you didn't get it already, you don't deserve to play it.

Also there's no clean way to implement squad chat. And like hell I'm going to accept a work around like they did in Splatoon 2.

What does XC2 have do with X? In terms of story, of course.

A lot of people were really excited for X because they loved Xenogears/Saga and XC2 gives us sequences really evocative of those games, particularly of the Zeboim civilization from Xenogears.

X, meanwhile, didn't have as much to talk about - At the very, very end when it unveils that the Lifehold Core is just Kadamony is really cool, as is the reveal that humans should already be dead, but the game itself didn't explore those enough. The combat being really unapproachable for most players at high levels didn't help its sustainability, as the few players who spent the time to get good eventually moved on.

>Running along a cliff and see some cool looking ruins or something down in the lake below
>Jump in to get a closer look
>Uncontrollable starts playing

Attached: 1416936638928.png (246x242, 6K)

Really fun exploration game.

As a JRPG however, shitty party and story, combat was a bit shallow or not as fun as XC1, and it got grindy for any endgame crafting.

>great game held hostage on a dead platform
>company has all but stated a port isn't happening
Fuck Nintendo.

Attached: xcx environments.jpg (3458x3397, 3.94M)

If you watch the scene of Earth's destruction, you see that it starts from the orbit of Earth. There's a few lines in the game that point to Zohar/Conduit stuff too in hindsight.

TL;DR

you know damn well it would work better as an integrated phone app with the Nintendo Online bullshit. Hell, you could be away from your switch and be optimizing your probes and shit.

If you bought it censored, you're the morons who don't deserve the play it.
I'll wait for an uncensored switch port, or emulate it some day.

2’s story was utter shite. I don’t care if you can draw parallels to Xenogears, as strenuous as they are, it’s still not a good story.

The main quest line is fucking horrible. Sidequests are awesome though, and the games saving grace.

i liked it. i loved exploring the world and doing all the side quest getting to know the people of new LA and my team. the main story was kind of crappy and it was easy to be overleveled but everything else was fine.

ground combat is a straight upgrade of 1 though, and has deeper mechanics/systems/strategies than 2 has.

I, DIG, GIANT ROBOTS

Same, I love Skells.
>can color customize them
>can transform from mech to vehicle
>can fly and sail any where
>epic for combat

Attached: download (11).jpg (300x168, 9K)

>Wanting all my squad messages posted on Twitter or facebook
Fuck off.

I wasn't about to buy a goddamn wiiu for one game.

Port it to the switch

>The one game argument
WiiU had plenty of other good games.
Eat shit that you'll never get to play XBCX as it was meant to be played.

nigga, what the fuck are you even talking about. It would go through the Nintendo Online app, just like how stage sharing works for smash bros now, or voice chat in splatoon.

>Xenoblade 2 came out and gave us the last few chapters which made us taste the beauty of Xenogears again
waifu fags are trying to attach xb2 to gears now? fuck off

>He doesn't know
Lurk moar newfag

nigger you have to be willfully dense to not see the remains of earth under the clouds as a direct reference to the Zeboim civilization, the conduit is literally called the Zohar in its files, it powers mechs through devices called Slave Generators - The waifu/gacha shit aspect is my least favorite part of XC2 you shitheel garbageposter.

fuck off

Attached: 1551756936461.webm (854x480, 2.05M)

>LOOK MOM I POSTED IT AGAIN

>he doesn't know

wtf I LOVE low budget harem anime now?!

Attached: 1551751163437.webm (1280x720, 2.74M)

+Beautiful world, very fun to explore on foot as well as when you get your skell, and then flight.
+Flying islands are a big environmental fetish of mine and this game delivers.
+Fighting in Skells is extremely fun and cockpit mode was a great addition that let you see inside your mech, making it even more fun.
-The game rewards specific builds more than others, some superbosses can be impossible if you don't do specific things and unless you grind an unholy amount, your teammates become useless.
-Speaking of teammates, because you're playing as a blank slate loser cardboard cut-out of a "character" you need two characters to narrate and make choices for you and if you don't stick with them in every single mission they'll wind up under-leveled.
-No character gets any sensible screen time more than potato face and mary sue.
-The plot is really poorly written 'world building' until the last 2 chapters where it crams an entire game's worth of infodumping all over you and then the game ends right where you'd expect an Act 2/a second half of the game to begin.
-The cliffhangers will probably never be addressed.
-Ungodly amounts of pop-in. Even downloading the extra shit from the shop to make the game run better doesn't stop the pop-in from happening right underneath you.
-Horrifying graphical issues so you'll wind up dying before you even know what is attacking you, or damage coming out before an enemy even starts it's attack animation giving you zero time to react.
-You'll mainly be staring at your arts palettes waiting for cooldowns and cycling through your preferred attacks and skills as fast as you can so looking up to view the enemy can fuck you up.
-Enemies are always flashing/glowing and obscuring details like you can't be trusted to know where to look.
-Soul Voices and everything involving them straight ruin the gameplay by slapping a gigantic ass QTE in every fucking battle that procs every 1-2 seconds. Pic related is all you see most of the time.

Attached: pNzafoA.jpg (1600x900, 197K)

excellent first half, shitty second half with mechs ruining everything.

Shush, incel.

Needs a bigger gun.

>unable to dislike things about a game you like
>2016+3

just keep coping

>cope
>have sex
>incel
>discord tranny
>waifufag
There, I posted your whole vocabulary. What am I coping with? That I had fun with a game which had parts I didn't enjoy?

I think I want a port and a sequel.

One of my top games of all time, and the only reason my Wii U isn't a total waste of money, and is instead only MOSTLY a waste of money. Yeah, there's a LOT of weaknesses, but the game has, forgive the overused Yea Forums term, soul. Yeah the story is weak, the mech combat is bland, the party members not named Lin or Elma underdeveloped. But goddamn the world building is off the goddamn charts. Every single goddamn sidequest is uniquely cool in some way or another. Every one. I have never before played game with such consistently amazing sidequests.

it's a harem anime game and you compared it to xenogears in a ditch effort to pretend it's anything but with a takahashi reference which is in all his games

fuck off with your trash game

It's ok
It'd better if they balance it, uncensor it, and finish the story

AM I ALL ALONE

It's a Takahashi game, of course there are parallels to Xenogears. I didn't say it was better than Xenogears, nor that I prefer it to Xenogears, but because I compared something to Xenogears which is very similar - The Zohar and the presence of an underground modern city which has filled with monsters and fallen into ruin after causing the destruction of the world - you are flipping a titty. Was it autism that made you this way, or the man titties?

>harem game
Nigga don't be stupid, Pyra and Mythra are the same person/blade

In Smash?

>wow symbolism and shit wow
harem TRASH fuck OFF

It was fucking terrible. It was just grinding levels so you could be high enough level for the main quest, and there weren't even enough sidequests to get you to the correct level.

How is it possible to be this fragile
You are literally upset that somebody likes the same game you do, dislikes the same things you do about a different game, and yet likes that game

Attached: 1558071972795.gif (344x426, 714K)

i'm not upset harem faggot lover

The problem with Xenoblade games is not the shitty story
It's the the shitty MMO gameplay
FUCK THAT TRASH

He never said they ran out of any of that, he just thinks it'd take a lot.

>i-i'm not mad
>you're GAY

Attached: 1528420899221.jpg (400x400, 20K)

SEETHING

Every thread until we get a sequel; LET US PLAY AS THE ALIENS. They're practically more developed than the different titans in XB2 (we know why the Ganglion wanted their services, how they kept them in line, their biology, their culture, etc thanks to sidequests) and yet the most you get from them is armors and weapons.

Speaking of X, there's shots of the motion capture process for the game
twitter.com/BurningAegis/status/1129607967345696769?s=20

Attached: D5P6aiyUUAE1q9w.jpg (988x824, 159K)

That's not how you use Carlos you idiot.

>seething seethers projecting

If you don't think playing as a Zaruboggan would be the tightest shit you're just straight up wrong

wanna be an anime as hell zaruboggan with a laser sword and dual guns

>monolithsoft has like 5 fucking studios open now
>no games announced

E3 can't come soon enough.

Custom alien races would be based af.

Absolutely incredible. No seriously, this game blew my mind.

>purges allies of all debuffs to gain Melia-style spirits that are used in spell
>then casts TP skill using those spirits on enemies
You now have aids! You're welcome

Attached: voltant busters.jpg (850x618, 198K)

Oh so they didn't even bother

I would KILL to play the Orpheans. Love the look and lore

I adore XCX. The world, exploration and atmosphere was on point. There are very few games where I felt I had to be careful with the environment, though I guess I got caught out by a lot of jumpscares. The main story wasn't as impactful as it probably should have been but the sidequests more than made up for it. And the sidequests add so much to the lore of the game, I loved discovering all the different alien races and recruiting them to help humanity. There are so many sidequests too I still haven't collected all the fucking lobsters
I want a sequel, man. I'll take all the cooking Tatsu jokes they can throw at me, I just want more.

Attached: 1458062505993.jpg (1240x676, 521K)

IS ANYONE THERE?

mobile.twitter.com/rage38682512/status/1129564369686110209

I agree, but holy fuck, the game needs proper end game/post game content and that could easily be supplied with the online features. Why not give us a special "Elite Squad Quests" or something that we can go on- extra tough quests that are MP only for unique rewards?

Also, they can easily fix the issue with the Main Character being cardboard in story sequences by giving him or her commander shepherd treatment.

That's still a lot of voice acting, especially if you want every sidequest to still have the high degree of variability the XCX quests did. I can absolutely live with cardboard stand in protagonist, especially if they let you play as an ayylmao and make more than two 'real' supporting characters.

The sidequests are not voiced at all in Xenoblade anyway, only "special" sidequests, like affinity missions in X (which are very linear anyway) or blade quests in 2.

So they could just give you text options in the highly variable sidequests since those have never been voiced in the first place.

No he said the cost of an X port would amount to the cost of a new game so they'd rather make a sequel

why does everyone misquote him. Literally all he says is "nothing is planned right now, but it would be expensive to make because it is such a big game, optimizing it for new hardware would take a full team and time, which costs money." This was nearly a year ago.

Attached: xenoblade x.jpg (431x209, 43K)

Have over 1000+ hours played. Needs a sequel.

>game has tons of different species of aliens that live in new la
>only 2 xenos join your party the other 20 are all humans

>the 2 xenos aren't even from one of the recruitable species and are instead the only examples of their kind

They had a lot more plans for the Qlu. There's even concept art of them that didn't get into the artbook and was only shown at a Pax event (pic related)

Attached: qlu.png (810x456, 294K)

The only game where Takahashi had genuine passion and effort put into after Xenogears.

Kino

The Pastebin was called "How not kill NPCs in Xenoblade X"

Fron the little I've read about X, the concepts and a lot of its themes sound cool as hell. What happened to the plot that made people not like it?

>Finally get the ability to go to higher places
>Exploring on the top of Primordia
>That giant fucking level 90 dragon in the hole

Attached: 1557869898765.png (202x233, 75K)

>Slovity
You need to side with Tree clan Prone guy in the previous mission to save Slovity's brainwashed men, otherwise the tree clan guy will refuse Slovity's help regardless and get killed.

it wasn't completed because Wii U cash supply got cut-off

>squad chat
Never used that feature, it can stay out. I played it on WiiU but my tablet screen is broken and a switch port would give me a great excuse to play it again.

Second best Xenoblade

>What happened to the plot
There wasn't enough of it. There's 12 story chapters, few of them move the plot forward, you have to complete X amount of 'side content' to be able to access each one and they only really start getting into Xeno-style twists at the end. If you don't get into the world and sidequests and just rush the mainstory you end up getting burnt out.

The lack of main plot focus was a deliberate design decision (long RPG stories require cutscenes, which require a large cutscene budget, which would be too hard to juggle alongside everything else) but still. They clearly know how to animate cutscenes (and facial expressions) looking at the cutscenes that DO have a budget but they're far and few between.

Best open world we've had in a game so far

That's sad to hear. Mira looks incredible and it being a return for Monlith to harder sci-fi and controllable mechs since Xenosaga really interested me.
Hopefully it gets a sequel or something.

>I never used it
Then you wouldn't know how useful it was for squad tasks and missions and giving heads up for good treasure deals.
>It can stay out.
You can die in the white phosphorous lake.

not gonna happen, they have already alienated their fans with XC2. They only want those sweet ironic weeb bucks

I think if the lighting was changed even the faces would look better - Look at Tanaka's Shulk model from XC2. Genuinely feels like Xenogears in 3D. Fiora's like a dead ringer for Margie.

Attached: Xeno2-Shulk-Fiora.jpg (575x300, 70K)

It wasn't complete because whenever that hack of director tries to make a sequel he always leaves that on limbo and makes a new game from scrap but luring the old fans with some lies.

Remember how Xenosaga was going to be a Xenogears sequel/pequel and showed Fei as a kid on the first trailer?

Remember how Xenoblade X was going to be a Xenoblade sequel showing shulk on the first trailer?

Can't wait for the new Xenowhatever game to be announced and the teaser will show Xenoblade X or 2 characters and then it will have NOTHING to do with it.

Hello? Is this thing on?

Am I all alone?

>Needs a Switch port
>port
it needs a Switch Sequel

>The game rewards specific builds
wrong
You can do any build and there are many people who have already proven it.
There's a guy killing the volcano dragon with the worst weapon combination available in the game ON FOOT!

Also, by capitalizing on specific augments you can basically do whatever the fuck you want to insane levels. The game offers way too much customization, but you have to know how to use it.

I disagree. While the faces do mirror Tanakas art best, it doesn't blend with realistic environments at all. If you go with Tanaka artstyle, all the environments and scenery need to be cell shaded as well for full effect.

dude what if tatsu was food ecks dee

Sadly such is the truth, despite me not want it to be so.

Has there been a game where they did the Nopon right?
I've always found then annoying.

Nice

Fun, that's all

Attached: xcx in a nutshell new.jpg (1753x2000, 2.92M)

Combat is stupidly broken, and not terribly fun even if you avoid OP shit.
Feels like you're just playing an mmo spamming some ability order

It is however ENTIRELY carried by the diversity and scale the big openworld map and the fauna and superfauna that live there, and the progression into own your own incredibly customizable giant fucking robot which transforms into a goddamn car and flies and shit.

Significantly better than pic related.

Attached: xeno2.jpg (1280x720, 204K)

dude what if tora was an robbutt otaku

yours is equally broken dumbass, not an argument.

Well yeah, the lighting would apply to the backgrounds too. I think it could look gorgeous, like some Nausicaa level stuff.

This pic makes me happy whenever I see it. Heck I should play it again.

>reading comprehension

we wouldn't have best girl in the game

I thought the XB1 Nopon were fine. Their segment was fairly short, and they didn't try to force them into the story as comedic relief nearly as much.

>Combat is stupidly broken, and not terribly fun even if you avoid OP shit.
>Feels like you're just playing an mmo spamming some ability order

yup, sounds exactly like XC2 combat

Soul

That comes with the port.

>reading comprehension

Sounds pretty based to me.

Attached: 1527578683661.jpg (695x1000, 109K)

I agree with Riki wasn't that bad and their home in Makna was comfy.
I despised 2 and how they became full Jews. It doesn't help that they were a big part in Chapter 4. I actually found Tora to be okay though.

>That suspicious mech in the middle of the lake
> Sylvalum in general

Attached: 1522371500120.png (536x631, 529K)

Man. I really want to like, fuck Lin. I want to fuck Lin's mim and then fuck her human body and then have a threesome with her limp, inert, warm mim and her human body and watch her suck her own tits in a Skell's cockpit while I fuck her from behind.

There are several major issues with it, I'll break it down piece by piece

>incomplete
The story ends on a massive cliff hanger, almost all of the major questions raised by the plot go unanswered.

>villains
The villains are shallow, underdeveloped, and incredibly one note. They are literally saturday morning cartoon villains- At least they are hammy as fuck, so they are somewhat entertaining when on screen.

>characters being retarded for the sake of plot
Elma figures out Lao is the traitor like 3 chapters (like 20 hours of game time) before it is revealed and he fucks everyone over. She sits on this information and makes no proactive effort to confirm or handle it- going completely against her established character because "I didn't want to believe it".

>underdeveloped characters
Elma gets almost no development until the last 3% of the story, despite having like 80% of the screentime- to try and pull the last minute "I'm an alien all along" twist. Every other character is defined soley by one or two traits, and aside from Elma, Lin, and Lao, none are relevant to the main plot.

>presentation
Many cutscenes are talking heads, an unfortunately large chunk of cutscenes aren't even cutscenes, but simply locking your character in place next to other characters while you listen to other characters talk for a few minutes. It has the same exact feeling as the Jeep Ride in MGSV, except it is every other cutscene in the story that is doing this, AND at least the Jeep Ride had moving scenery and shit going on in the background. Lips rarely sync with voice, and facial expressions are bad or blank 80% of the time. Music is often blasting so loud that you can't hear character voices underneath it, forcing you to rely on subtitles to hear. Music often times doesn't fit the scene, such as intense vocal guitar battle tracks playing while two characters are having a soft, heartfelt conversation, ect.

Switch port when? I need my mecha fix.

Attached: Dn_XzpFU8AAqvy3.jpg (1200x677, 78K)

See

I felt like how they were done in 2 was best. 1 is a close second though.

if you read his post he says that X is still way better than Xenoblade 2 despite X's flaws, you mong.

Xenoblade X doing bad probably felt even worse than Xenogears or Xenosaga with all that content they had planned which had to be removed lmao, supposedly Takahashi had so much planned that they could have made a book. I wonder how it felt to have boob girls sell millions and his new baby do nothing

Name 1 (one) thing Amalthus did wrong.

probably the same it felt to have Xenoblade 1 be so critically acclaimed and loved, when he has said on multiple occasions that he feels like it is his most shallow, least inspired work yet.

Killing a bunch of waifus

>Remember how Xenosaga was going to be a Xenogears sequel/pequel and showed Fei as a kid on the first trailer?
literally not true, he had to clarify this so many times in like 3 different interviews

>Remember how Xenoblade X was going to be a Xenoblade sequel showing shulk on the first trailer?
hurr blonde guys are shulk

It was sneaky. XC in general is his new baby. The last chapter of XC2 is full Zohar shit, boob girl is Miang (but not as evil), the model kit confirms that the Conduit is anomalous magnetic matter that was dug out of a lake in Africa and generates infinite energy and can exist in multiple dimensions at once, powers robots through Slave Generators, etc. There are even some subtle hints that the Conduit experiment Klaus launched is what destroyed the Earth in X and is the major reason the Ghosts wanted to come to Earth.

Genocided the last of the Tornans on Spessia
Fucked with the blade cycle with his core cleansing bullshit
Malos

It was okay. The first few times uncontrollable played it was hype as shit, and I loved getting a mech to ride around in, but it got repetitive really fast and the plot wasn't really that great. I wish the player character got more involved with the other characters outside of just the admittedly decent bonding scenes.

The plot is genuinely shit. Here, I can sum it up for you --

>Humans crash land on planet
>Oh no there are bad aliens
>"HELLO I AM AN EVIL SEXY ALIEN GIRL WHO WILL FIGHT YOU"
>"AAAAH YOU BEAT ME I'LL BE BACK"
>"HELLO I'M THAT SEXY ALIEN YOU FOUGHT NOW IN A GIANT MECH"
>"AAAH YOU BEAT ME I'LL NOW EXPLODE IN MY MECH AND DIE"

Repeat 2x then

>Aaarrrgh I'm that one party member that got like 10 minutes of development fuck humanity
>Giant evil slug man gets in robot, you fight him and he dies
>10min party member man redeems himself and dies

>The planet is weird

Then pic related.

Attached: 1538979919322.jpg (1266x702, 18K)

the last chapter has the zohar fucking disappear, i think this was takahashi's way of ending that shit because he also was not expecting XB2 to do that well, no one at monolithsoft expected that apparently, so now they shot themselves in the foot for sequels involving the zohar and they will have to resort to prequels

>There are even some subtle hints that the Conduit experiment Klaus launched is what destroyed the Earth in X and is the major reason the Ghosts wanted to come to Earth.
no

You're right - He's not Fei, who is the Contact - the manifestation of the will of the Zohar - descended from Abel, the first human to interact with the Zohar's biological computer. He's Abel, God's manifestation on Earth, made manifest through the Zohar.

Totally not an evolution of the same idea like all of Takahashi's work.

Experimenting on refugees (including children), turning many into horrible monsters and killing even the lucky survivors to keep the information from getting out. Among other things.

you can get a wii u for like 50 bucks on craigslist now, buy a $5 game on eshop then hack it and play any game from gamecube to wii u on it for free.

XS started and ended as the spiritual successor to XG, just as how they explained from the very beginning, don't be fucking stupid

I really liked the world but the gear system overwhelmed the shit out of me
You get like three new pieces of equipment for every battle you do so after every battle you have to open up your inventory and see if it's worth changing into
I just got tired of that aspect pretty quick

It's a shame too because I really wanted to unlock mechs. I'll give it another go if it comes to switch.

Dude it's the Zohar. It can show up wherever the fuck it wants. If it wanted to port out of XC2's world and then showup in the world again or some other dimension or whatever it will. It's just a big lovable plot device that can do whatever it wants.

Read the model kit descriptions is all I can say. The Zohar didn't disappear, it ceased interacting with Klaus. It travels between dimensions based on its will
>No
Yes.

Attached: sidebyside.png (2022x1692, 1.9M)

Wait what the fuck
I never noticed the Earth's explosion started outside of it like that

I think you're genuinely onto something, here.

>the picture I drew has persisted in this image over the years
Always makes me smile this does

>bought it because mechs
>also because it had online
>mechs end up easily being the worst part of the game
>online was a total sham
never bought a game where I felt so scammed before

Xenosaga is literally a prequel/sequel/retelling of xenogears which is what Takahashi said. What are you on about?

I read it and it disproves that whole idea, you just need brain cells and to actually play the games and pay attention to the story not just regurgitate the same shit you read in Yea Forums. And the Zohar doesn't travel between dimensions as it pleases, it's in the same model kit. It had been on Earth since the planet was born until it finally left at the end of XB2, this is literally the same backstory for every other game by Hackahashi, the Conduit is created at the moment of the big bang and it falls on Earth as the planet is being born

>harem woman bad
really? You just going to trash a great game because of one aspect of it? God you are a pathetic limp dick cuck. Learn to enjoy shit with minor faults that are almost exclusively personal.

That was sarcasm. The poster I was replying to seemed to be implying that the two were unrelated. Apologies.

The Zohar left Earth, but I don't see how that means it can't be used in future games.

You're fine, in hindsight it seems obvious that it was sarcasm. That's my bad

This. I keep asking for it in all of these threads and it's not happening. Help someone.

Attached: nicholson-frozen-the-shining_1.jpg (620x348, 40K)

Always wanted to play it, but haven't because I'm a dipshit.

I wonder if it went to Shulk's universe, because if it goes to another Earth then it will appear in like the year 12000 and who knows what they could do for a story like that

All good, man. Let's hope for good things for Takahashi and the Xeno franchise.

>pirate emufag
Fuck off.

I'm not the guy who's theory slinging about it spinning off and making X, but I could see it being the reason Mira is weird.
>Ma-Non use the word "phenomenon field" to describe the space around Mira
>Kadamony needed the Zohar to work
>Lifehold core shaped like the Zohar just a bit
>Lifehold core is clearly Kadamony in function

Attached: 141.jpg (1280x1812, 375K)

The picture in that guy's post is enough to disprove that whole idea, if the scene of the Earth exploding was supposed to be the same as the scene from XB1 then there would have been no reason to not use the cutscene they had made for X, there's also no light enveloping the Earth and then the planet collapsing, in X the entire planet simply blows up. Hell in X the planet actually quite literally blows up, in XB2 the planet is still there but all ravaged. There's also the fact that there's no mention whatsoever of the Conduit in X when it's not supposed to be a secret or that there's no mention of arks leaving Earth when they were being attacked by aliens(because that never happened in XB).There's no way fucking aliens wouldn't be mentioned by Klaus, Klaus pressed the button because he was fed up by humans not because aliens were going to steal their golden coffin

wrong

>assblasted he doesn't get to play games for free

Attached: D5d6ywrW0AAFMUe.jpg (720x702, 48K)

CLAP CLAP HONK

this
only problem that I see there being is that you'd have to play the game in portable mode to use the map the way it was used on the gamepad otherwise you'll need a cursor, and I hate cursors in games that's not on pc.

No wonder we have so much shitposting.
It's just people who steal the game via piracy trying to justify their theft.

Insect people had the best armor.

Attached: 1447097437869.jpg (1920x1080, 589K)

bump overdrive

Finally finished the xenosaga trilogy today so I've officially played every xeno game at last. Think I'm going to play XCX again now that I can emulate it.

What build should I go with? Last time I went samurai gunner>FMJ for longsword+dual guns and switched to photon saber late game because it was worse but way cooler than the longsword

More cons than pros but user likes XCX anyways.

Pretty much any weapon can be OP with the right setup.

youtube.com/watch?v=B685Pqg6ZZ0

Meanwhile in sidequests you watch a pizza chain go from barely making it by to thriving on manon business, getting so much work that the staff gets overstressed and leads to one worker commiting suicide, resulting in a pizza store owner becoming a manon serial killer to avenge his wife, which you uncover with the help of a manon detective who may die by the end of the quest depending on your choices. And that's just a single self-contained quest.

It's not even funny how much better the sidequests are than the main plot, but it does make for a good setting for all of them.

Wonderful setting, engaging story but I could see how some might not like it. Passable combat. Lackluster mechas and mecha aspects.
Altogether, a very strong 8.8/10. It was good enough as a showing following XC1 that I bought a switch explicitly for XC2, and will probably buy whatever console Xenoblade X 2 comes out on, even if i otherwise don't care for the lineup.

Xenoblade is a stellar series and the naysayers and complaints are so minor in comparison to the overall quality and what's on offer that it's near absurd to even entertain them.

this but for 1 as well

Attached: big guy.jpg (1280x720, 139K)

>guy
Rude.

How well does it emulated?
Recently beat XC1 on dolphin, and wanted to continue.

The side quests are the worst part about the game

Attached: Truth.jpg (1920x1080, 257K)

>asks you to help him build an unbreakable sword
>later he starts talking about making an unbreakable sword for a skell
>you actually get to keep the first sword depending on a dialogue choice
too bad all the cool unique weapons are longswords. the devs definitely had a longsword boner

>that one side quest that was just a contest to win some high end ice cream that ended with most of the opposing team getting dismembered and skinned alive and the surviving member being horribly traumatized for life by witnessing it
>when you kill the aliens you get shitty weapons named after the crew because thats what they used the parts for I guess

I wasn't expecting that level of detail when hearing about it from the survivor, caught me super off guard. I liked it when the quests to a turn to the fucked up but damn that one was excessive