Smash fans are dumb

>be me
>from one of the most influential games of all time
>also the second best selling game of all time behind Tetris
>tons of moveset potential
>also good chance for a really cool stage
>literally everyone recognizes me
>even Sakurai has gone on record saying that he loves my game
>nintendo and Microsoft have been cooperating a lot recently, and my game coming to Nintendo was the very first step of that
>mfw a bunch of 30 year old man-children say I shouldn't be in Smash because I'm not an obscure platforming character that hasn't been relevant in a decade, and hasn't had a good game in twice that long.
>mfw they compare me to Fortnite, a trend that has already peaked in popularity
>mfw they say I as a character have no legacy in a game with fucking Ice Climbers in it
>wtf

Attached: images.jpg (225x225, 7K)

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/tobyfox/status/999210405959426048
youtu.be/CJdrSIn2_H8
youtu.be/lbZuMFZLqoU
gamesradar.com/heres-what-you-need-to-know-from-nintendos-investor-qanda-new-online-switch-game-and-more/
youtube.com/watch?v=Pu9_S2gbzgI
youtube.com/watch?v=-Ld-qpImVL0
youtube.com/watch?v=moYKfJCInZU
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Th4pdsrzs-6X303PPpw5m-b4JHJ0_cGRKU15KYlTe1E/edit#gid=729442469
tweaktown.com/news/63930/super-smash-bros-uitimate-sakurais-piranha-plant-decision/index.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Actually as of a few days ago Minecraft now outsells Tetris.

Cope, Banjo is getting in

Attached: 677687689698.png (1033x2323, 386K)

>implying rosterfags actually play any games, much less smash itself

Tetris rep confirmed

who are you quoting?

Steve is unimportant. The fact that Steve didn't have a presence in the Minecraft Earth trailer is telling of this fact.

I just fucking hate the way he looks.
If Dock had stayed on the Minecraft devteam and we'd ended up getting this Steve instead, I'd 100% support him getting in.

Attached: what steve was originally going to look like.jpg (413x528, 85K)

Steve is in. Sakurai loves minecraft and one of his favourite games Dragon quest builders, takes alot from minecraft. Plus the leakers that say that minecraft content is in. I cant possibly see why people say he isnt in

Your mistake is assuming Minecraft needs a character when a stage or Mii costume is good enough

Being a good series doesn’t mean you need to be in smash

Call of duty and GTA sells more

E3 will only have 1 character sadly. It is Erdrick and he will be released on the same day with smash 4.0. Steve is in, but he will probably be announced around september. Dlc were decided earlier than you think. Besides Erdrick there is one shill pick from nintendo

>Generic Chibi Funko Pop man
We dodged a bullet there guys. Steve might be ugly but he's better than that garbage. Steve is unique.

> E3 will only have 1 character
Says who? Some retarded user on the internet? Go outside

Is Doom guy in?

Any "leak" that claims that Steve is in is fake.

Ухoди.

He wouldn't have been generic if he had actually been implemented at the time. That sort of look only became popular around late 2011 or so.
Besides, the Steve we have now is just "generic blocky brown man" anyways. Not any better at all.

Attached: 2duba05.png (1024x768, 294K)

Wow that's awful. The default skin wearing some big yellow helmet and and a coat with line of white tap makes him look like a construction worker. I know minecraft is about building, but that wouldn't feel right when exploring caves or just farming. Also that face is too simple

Erdrick was deconfirmed

It wasn't the default, user. The default was the blue guy on the right in , and the idea was that you could equip clothes. That's why Rana was also a thing.

Attached: RanaHasAnimations.png (500x281, 255K)

>reskinnable non character
>doesn't even have a voice
i don't understand this meme

I don't want Steve but Villager is a perfect counter-argument

Villagers aren't the same species.

What are you talking about? The Villager in Smash is human

I want Miku for smash.
She made minecraft you know.

Not only are they dumb, they also stink.

Oh, I thought you were talking about Minecraft villagers for some reason.

that's a nintendo property, so its basically a gimme, doesn't animal crossing have other characters in smash too? i don't actually play this game since i don't have friends

Banjo and steve are getting in

HI GUYS!

Attached: DE51CE7A-C5BA-4999-99DD-CB8E2F0D6A25.jpg (240x240, 4K)

Smash 4 only had Villager.

Steve and alex are way better in design,and fit more with the art style,mobs and mechanics of minecraft then funko mcnoodle arms mc-gee.
Also steve lets people use any skin they want,allowing for more creativity then mcfunko mcbendy mcnoodle mcarms mcgee.

>>tons of moveset potential
ok stevefag give me a great hypothetical moveset for steve.

Steve and banjo get the same release trailer

>Steve getting in let's you connect your Minecraft account to use your skin you use in game
Imagine

>bending limbs
DISGUSTING
He used to but it was removed,just give him that one!
Ok,i will in the next post as its to long tho

Also has anyone considered steve being promotion material for smash?Because a Minecraft smash bros mash up pack with skins and a map sounds cool as fuck

>tons of characters people wanted in the game as steve skins

>Steve and alex are way better in design
Fuck no, they're both ugly as sin.
>and fit more with the art style,mobs and mechanics of minecraft
Well, yeah, no shit. Minecraft's entire "artstyle" is based around the fact that Dock left the team and so they never had anyone to actually replace all the shitty dev art throughout most of the development, and by the time they'd started hiring other artists everyone was too used to the shitty art for them to replace it. Just look at how fucking fast they acted when they made the moon round for exactly one single update before people got mad as fuck and they made it square again.
>Also steve lets people use any skin they want
I actually do agree on this one, that's probably the biggest advantage the current "character" has.

Don’t care, won’t buy

A Microsoft rep has more chance of being shown off at E3 than any other character. If we do end up with steve, banjo, master chief, etc. it would be more likely that the reveal for them would happen during E3 where Microsoft has the most presence and nintendo will also be participating.

Even if Erdrick were to be one of the characters there isn't any urgent reason for his character reveal to happen during E3 which mostly caters to the west while Erdrick is a character that mostly caters to the east.

If Erdrick were to get in he'd probably be 3rd or 4th.

*winks* @

Attached: 1540508522179.jpg (900x849, 396K)

Sword
Pickaxe
Axe
Shovel
Hoe
Bow
Flint and Steel
Snowballs
Tnt
Enderpearls, Electra, Fireworks, etc. for recovery
Splash potions to debuff other character
Abillity to craft tools in the middle of the match to change playstyle
Ability to place blocks around to temporarily change the stage layout
Ability to spawn monsters using the stupid ass egg things
Creative mode, ender dragon, nether portal, etc for final smash

Now compare this to John McFireEmblem who swings a sword and not much else.

Steve and alex look like they are adventurers and are stranded in the world of minecraft.Also they are a cute couple desu

Entrance:Spawns onto stage

Gimmick:He starts out with wooden tools,as it breaks it gets replaced with stone tools and then eventually diamond,the strongest tool set and the most durable.When the diamond tools break he goes back to wood.

A:Sword
AAA:More sword slashes
RapidA:Even more sword slashes
Dash A:Pickaxe the opponent

>Steve and alex look like they are adventurers and are stranded in the world of minecraft.
Nigga, so does the Dock-Steve. Steve/Alex just look like bad placeholder models, which they literally are.
>Also they are a cute couple desu
what

Up tilt:Pick axe
Side tilt:Axe
Down tilt:Shovel

Up smash:Pickaxe thrown up
Side Smash:Axe chops twice
Down Smash:Shovel has more knock back

Neutral air:Cross bow
Up air:Stab with trident
Down air:A hoe
Forwards air:Cross bow
Back air:Bow and arrow

>absolutely relies on the creativity of the player rather than any sort of character/story development
This is EXACTLY why "steve" will never be considered a character

Attached: never.png (1060x714, 863K)

Grab:Grabs opponent with lead
Grab attack:Hits them with Pickaxe
Up throw:Throws them and then throws trident at them
Down throw:Buried them with shovel
Forward throw:Places tnt that damages everyone and knocks foe over
Back throw:Throw them backwards using fishing rod

B:Uses flint and steel that does fire damage
Up B:Uses eleytra and trident to launch upwards
Side B:Potion of harming
Down B:drops sand,gravel and rarely tnt that breaks/explodes on impact.

Taunt 1:Eats an apple
Taunt 2:launches fire work
Taunt 3:gets in boat then gets out

Victory 1:Walks out of house and waves
Victory 2:Its raining ores and he walks out of the nether eats cake
Victory 3:He shows off a random item

ALTS
1:Steve
2:Alex
3:Tuxedo Steve
4:Scottish alex
5:Tennis Steve
6:Prison alex
7:Pig in a suit
8:Lets you import a skin

Final Smash:Spawns the wither

Im done

Doc steves design is way to clean and cartoony.Also steve and alex again fit in the world of Minecraft and have good designs that let you use them in any situation.
Steve and Alex could be anything:A baker,chef,construction worker,boxer,etc and thats good as they are so versatile

Also steve and alex are married

this isn't a moveset you've just listed an inventory.

what's his up special? his down special? how do they all work, etc?

i mean c'mon bro you've done nothing show steve belongs and how great his moveset is with this post.

Ignore him,read this one:
Also can someone draw that moveset out?It would be easier to spread then having to copy paste.

this is incredibly lazy and utterly pathetic

meh

dumb

lmaoo

>Doc steves design is way to clean and cartoony.Also steve and alex again fit in the world of Minecraft
Again, this is because Dock left the team. Most— if not all— of Minecraft's art from around that time is shitty programmer placeholder art intended to be replaced, and most of the art still used in the game today is either slightly touched up or made to fit with the look of that shitty placeholder art. Had Dock remained on the team and continued working on the game's visuals, we like would have seen an entirely different-looking game. You're also ignoring the fact that the actual in-game DocSteve is much less "clean" than the concept drawing with the helmet.
>Steve and Alex could be anything:A baker,chef,construction worker,boxer,etc and thats good as they are so versatile
I fail to see how this wouldn't also apply to DocSteve is the whole clothing thing was implemented.
>Also steve and alex are married
The fuck does this have to do with anything?

Attached: 100px-Steve.png (150x275, 34K)

who the fuck is alex?

Docs artstyle is shit compared to blocky minecraft
Also doc requires clothing,steve does not as he just looks like an average guy
Also steve and alex are cute!Cute!!!

>Docs artstyle is shit compared to blocky minecraft
Nah.
>Also doc requires clothing,steve does not as he just looks like an average guy
Nigger, what? Steve and DocSteve look about the same level of "average guy".
>Also steve and alex are cute!Cute!!!
Are you autistic?

Steves girlfriend

steve fags are retarded.

The blocky artstyle is unique compared to funko trash
And steve looks more average then “le angry buff guy with gloves”
Also steve and alex are a couple

I’ve never seen her, wtf
who is she

Attached: 33DD82C4-9847-419A-B3E6-DCADED027740.jpg (1537x1920, 164K)

Steve isn't even the default Minecraft character any more

what’s the default skin now?

That type of chibi anime style has existed since the 90's at least. It's generic. The minecraft barebones style while not aesthetically pleasing allows players to play with the visuals themselves.

can’t believe people defend this garbage
skins or not, it’s fucking hideous

Attached: 6AF4BD37-BBDD-4E79-BC06-B2B42B48015B.jpg (1200x800, 194K)

>The blocky artstyle is unique compared to funko trash
First, DockSteve doesn't look anything like Funkos. He's not even proportioned the same way, Funkos have like double the head size. Second, Funkos weren't even really a thing when DockSteve was being considered.
>And steve looks more average then “le angry buff guy with gloves”
>angry because his eyebrows are actually visible
No, yeah, you're actually autistic.
>Also steve and alex are a couple
Why the fuck do you keep mentioning this?

I find it funny that you're complaining about smashfags downplaying the significance of Minecraft whilst you yourself downplay the significance of Fortnite.

>Tetris
>during Brawl was the best seller
>only 2 song
Yeah, sells matter

Alex/steve
Its random chance what one you get but there both the defaults
Alex is pic related
Those where filler until they made more better skins.
>Still overly cartoony trash but not funko
>Uhhh no-no its not like the point is steve doesnt show any emotions and doesnt walk around like hes constipated all the time despite being a player insert
Also steve and alex have sex,unlike you

Attached: 08629210-F167-4A77-8FE5-3502C92165AE.jpg (350x337, 22K)

Well most fighting games want their characters to allow the players creativity in their playstyle so he'd probably be one of the most diverse characters.

Kinda looks like a Bomberman character

More like
>no moveset potential
How would you even incorporate digging and building into Smash?

Are you gonna reprogram every stage into being destructible? Are you gonna break the game by allowing a character to wall himself, or destroy all recovery? Or destroy movement options be creating tons of obstacles and easily reform the stage
>hurr just have him swing a pick axe
Then there’s no point to the character. Villager already does everything he could but better. Only way Steve is unique is by literally breaking the game.

He’s never happening for that reason alone.

>>Still overly cartoony trash but not funko
Again, you're ignoring the fact that DocSteve is only out of place because Doc left the team.
>>Uhhh no-no its not like the point is steve doesnt show any emotions
What fucking emotions is DocSteve showing? It's just a neutral face with large eyebrows.
>Also steve and alex have sex,unlike you
Autist.

Fuck that. I don’t want to play as a reddit funko pop. Steve looks original, lets keep it that way.

Docs artstyle was still overly cartoonu trash even if it fits in
His eyebrows are slanted you tard
Also steve and alex still have sex,unlike you

>Moveset Potential
Yes a moveset so great and original that nobody ever says it and those that do have it come down to Link without bombs with the shitty dragon as a final smash.
Truly any game would be starved for variety without Faceless Avatar From Mineycrafta gracing it.

Attached: 1549342191771.jpg (400x223, 14K)

Steve Moveset:

Details: Steve is a character who’s main goal is to build his own stage control. He can place terrain through various types of craft-able blocks. He can also craft new weapons as the match progresses, meaning that moves that all use the pickaxe, sword, shovel, hoe and axe all start out as stone, but can be upgraded to iron and then diamond with a crafting table once a meter fills up. You will craft your blocks from here as well. Parrying with Steve will pull out his sword for the same minecraft animation of sword parrying.

>Jab
A single pickaxe swing. Like isabelle’s jab, but is faster, however, it has some cooldown aftee the fifth swing. has the exact same animation as it does in Minecraft. This move is also used to break placed blocks.
>dash attack
Hops up and thrusts sword down. (Reference to crit jumping)
>tilts
[Ftilt]: thrusts trident forward briefly for an extremely long ranged attack
[Utilt]: jumps and swings pickaxe upward. Both the jump and pickaxe swing have the same animations that they would have in Minecraft
[Dtilt]: uses a farming hoe by whacking it into the ground in front of him, then dragging it’s tip back to him, “farming” the ground.
>Fsmash
a three hit combo, sort of like cloud’s, that has Steve swing his sword three times in a row, with the third swing dealing the most damage and knock back. This move will keep somewhat similar animations to swinging the sword in Minecraft. Using this move against a projectile will cause him to swordu parry (with same MC animation), and reflect the incoming projectile on any one of his three swings.
>Usmash
Swings Axe upward in an arching motion, like Ness’s yoyo.
>Dsmash
Villager’s.

1/3

Attached: AEB0B3B6-5F53-4065-9835-19E743F190A3.jpg (1648x976, 129K)

Awful

Never bring up moveset potential when characters like Wii fit trainer, Rob, duck hunt, Isabelle, ice climbers, and piranha plant are in the game. Sakurai can always make things work.

>Standard Special
Place block. The first block to ever be placed will be a crafting table, if spawned in the air it will fall like Pac-man’s fire hydrant, but deal significantly less damage. You can then craft an assortment of blocks, however these cannot be spawned in the air. A thick, black, reticle-like cube outline will appear over where you would like to place a block (hold B while moving and/or jumping to keep reticle in front of you), however you can only place up to three blocks at a time. The different types of blocks you have are:
[Dirt Block]: easiest one to break if attacked, but also easiest to mine with jab to be placed somewhere else. Can place up to three.
[Stone]: harder to break than dirt, but takes longer to mine. Can craft only 2.
[TNT]: can craft only one at a time. Placing it anywhere will automatically cause its fuse to light and blow up about a second and a half later. Will break any blocks within it’s blast radius.
[Wooden Plank]: is just as sturdy as cobblestone, but is easier to mine away. However, it breaks almost instantly if attacked by a fire based move.
Another note is that the order you craft each block is the order it will be placed. Each block will have a different skin depending upon which which color palette is being used (except for TNT):
#1:(regular grass dirt, cobblestone, oak plank)
#2:(snowy light colored dirt, stone, spruce plank)
#3:(greyish dirt + dark grass, granite, dark oak plank)
#4:(sand, sandstone, birch plank)
#5:(wet dirt, mossy cobblestone, jungle plank)
#6:(red sand, red sandstone, acacia plank)
#7:(mycelium + occasional mushroom, andesite, red mushroom block)
#8:(endstone, purpur block, bookshelf)
>Up Special
Places a piston beneath him that sends him flying upward

2/3

Wow...amazing truly we need Faceless Avatar Everyone Who Played Minecraft Replaced Almost Immediately in Smash now...We should try to get Thanos from Fortnite in there too, it'd be so Epic and Avengers: Endgame is one of the best selling movies of all time so he's a shoe-in...

Attached: 1549321429756.jpg (567x402, 31K)

>Down Special
Throws an ender pearl. Pressing down-B will put it in his hand, like peach’s turnip. Throwing it will teleport him to where ever it lands and cause him 10% damage each time it is used. If thrown off the ledge or onto someone who is off the ledge, it will not teleport steve and only deal 10% damage to the other player (next to no knockback)
>Side Special
Steve hops onto a pig and uses the carrot lead to force the pig to charge forward.
>grab
Fishing rod tether grab. Can grab ledges. Pummel is standard punch with same animation from Minecraft.
>Aerials
[Nair]: same as jab, continuous pickaxe swings
[Fair]: swings sword in forward arching position.
[Bair]: swipes shovel from sideways tobehind him.
[Dair]: spawns diamond boots and stomps downward. Extremely powerful and can spike.
>final smash
Builds a nether portal and teleports enemy to the nether where they are ganged up on by a bunch ghasts.

3/3

>He can place terrain through various types of craft-able blocks.
This BREAKS THE GAME. Also, how do you limit this? Where does he get resources? Does he break the stages? Are you gonna retroactively reprogram the ALL the stages to accommodate this mechanic? It needs a limiting factor, and even then, still destroys the entire point of what Smash is about.

Steve and Alex's designs are far lazier and far worse than that design

Best selling game of all time. COPE.

Sakurai also makes sure to keep 3rd parties faithful to their game. Steve without Digging and Building isn’t faithful to Minecraft.

When?

I wouldn't mind if Steve or anything from Minecraft wasn't so fucking painful to look at.

>This BREAKS THE GAME.
No it doesn’t. It’s only 3 easily broken blocks at most and 1 quickly exploding one. It is LITERALLY pacman’s fire hydrant.
>Also, how do you limit this?
Read the moveset? You CAN read, right?
>It needs a limiting factor, and even then, still destroys the entire point of what Smash is about.
Read

Some time in mid April

Did you even bother reading the moveset? You zoomers have such horrid attention spans I swear to god...

No. Just no. No one looks like MC Steve, that funko-plastic kiddie look is generic as fuck. Go be retarded somewhere else.

but zoomers love le epic shitty graphics

Minecraft just took first place for sales, baby!

I don't remember that.

>No. Just no.
cringe

But why
You could say the same for literally every game then

Tetris has finally been overtaken?

Yes

Anti-steve fags have got to be some of the most pathetic people I've ever witnessed. They've thrown every excuse in the book to try and discredit Steve ranging from.
>Banjo would get in first
>No music
>No personality
>He isn't as important as the creeper
>Stiff limbs wouldn't work
>No popularity in the smash community
>No unique shioulette
>Minecraft sales don't matter
>Comparing Minecraft to Tetris
>No moveset potential
>Too broken moveset potential
>His design is ugly
And the list will only get longer. This is why he will be in the game. Because sakurai wants you constantly complaining rosterfags to move on from smash.

I’m sorry but I’m not reading your autistic wall of text. Especially if you fail to comprehend how severely limiting your opponents movement breaks Smash, a fighting game focused on movement.
>but it’s like PacMan
Then why even bother?

>Doraemon
Based

>newfriends don’t understand green meme arrows

Those are all valid reasons against Steve
>This is why he will be in the game.
Roster was decided years ago.
>Because sakurai wants you constantly complaining rosterfags to move on from smash.
False. If you hate Smash so much, why do you want your shitty character in it?

Anyone who says this hasn't played Minecraft

No character is "obligated" to be in Smash
not Steve, not Banjo, not even Mario himself

Mario is obligated though

people who abuse the quoting feature are ignoble

>bro B&K would play just like duck hunt why add him
>bro Geno would play just like Mii Gunner why add him
>bro Isaac would play just like Marth why add him

>implying anyone but (You) gives a shit
>further implying implications

Wrong on all counts.

>All valid reasons against Steve
>Roster was decided years ago
Shitposter

Steve will literally never happen for one reason alone: he was created by Notch. Mojang and Microsoft are denying his existence. Even if Nintendo approached Mojang, they'd say no.

Kirby was a placeholder design,so your argument against it is void.

It's incredibly retarded
>Banjo would get in first
Banjo has never been first to anything. He is a silver medalist at his best but pic related at his worst.
>No music
Some of the most recognizable music of the decade.
>No personality
Much like other mute characters, the personality is expressed through the uniqueness of the game.
>He isn't as important as the creeper
Define importance, both are recognizable. You could say Villager is not as important as Tom Nook, and you'd be both right and wrong.
>Stiff limbs wouldn't work
It would work easily.
>No popularity in the smash community
Only among the circlejerk, but who cares about this minority of a minority? Erdrick's DQ and Golden Sun sold about as much in the west, but one is fine to shitpost about and one is not, the Smash community is nothing but lies and delusion.
>No unique shioulette
Bad joke.
>Minecraft sales don't matter
True.
>Comparing Minecraft to Tetris
If Tetris had a humanoid character they would have had a character in Smash since melee
>No moveset potential
>Too broken moveset potential
Did his moveset leak yet?
>His design is ugly
No Microsoft character has a good design. Comes with being a western company.

Attached: 1556832110055.jpg (819x792, 126K)

You are the cancer that rolls on Yea Forums

Attached: 1531077365181.gif (480x358, 1.14M)

Why is Yea Forums so dense?

I don't give a shit about Banjo. Stop bringing him up. If he's in then he'll get in under his own popularity. He, despite being fucking DEAD or 10 years and not having been good for another 20, is STILL popular. He'll get in eventually. If not this smash then the next.

But to say that Steve doesn't have a shot because of
All of that shit? Is ridiculous. Nintendo doesn't give an anus and a half if you want Banjo NOW. Steve could still happen and you could get your retarded Bear and Bird NEXT time.

cope

>show me a functioning moveset for Steve
>*show a functioning moveset for Steve*
>me no read it
What a turbo-autist

Yes, like saying that Steve would play like Link.

you cant fucking say Steve has personality through the fucking game. Plenty of mute characters have a personality shown through their actions like in cutscenes.

You ARE Fortnite, just aged by 10 years

different people, i'm the guy who asked for the moveset, he's just some guy complaining but i agree, 3 posts for the moveset is way too fucking much. nobody will read it except for the the steveturds who'd eat it up.

You’re correct. He’d play like a shitty version of Mii Swordfighter.

Why would personality even matter that much? The plant didn't have any to begin with but here we are.

Kirby was kept because he was appealing, though. Minecraft's placeholder art was kept because the artist left and everyone just got used to how shitty everything looked.

All of that shit is valid for why Steve can’t happen. You don’t have to want Banjo to not want Steve. Steve is an awful choice for a character, and not necessarily to represent Minecraft.

It didn’t happen with a multitude of different franchises that are extremely popular because Nintendo has a japan bias

By the same logic Super Mario 64 is fortnite aged by 23

The way I see it:
If I didn't know anything about videogames, and compared Steve as a character to other smash dlc like Joker, Bayo, Cloud, and Ryu, I'd feel like I got ripped the fuck off.
Everyone has these great 3D models with fluid animations and even different facial expressions, but now they're giving me a low-poly, static-faced lego brick that can't even articulate his joints?
Sure, we got minimalist styled characters like G&W and Villager, but this is for the Fighter's Pass. All separately payed DLC that cost the same amount as eachother. I'd want premium work put into every aspect of the character, like it is for the past dlc newcomers.
Just my 2 cents

Attached: Screenshot_2018-08-26-18-07-43-1.png (1891x1440, 1.41M)

*OMP*

Fuck banjokes.

Attached: 1553697840481.png (628x468, 460K)

10 years =/= 23 years
Zoom! Zoom!

Steve will never happen, but if we imagine that he doesn’t, I wouldn’t purchase him.

Yeah according to you. You are not in charge of dlc and you will never know what their process is. So stop pretending. Your rulefagging will come to an end soon and when it happens, Yea Forums will collectively eat shit.

Steve wouldn't work because you either make him like a minecraft music video or use his in game design which doesn't fit in with smash

Sakurai does whatever he wants seeing as we got PH. He likes Minecraft too, so if Steve was proposed to him as a DLC chances are he picked him. Simple as.

His in game design works,look at his swimming animation

What did he mean by this

but his walking animation doesn't

Sorry Steve, this is what a real indie gaming icon looks like.

Attached: __hakurei_reimu_touhou_drawn_by_leon_mikiri_hassha__e2a0907ab64d75b307cb53034494887e.jpg (3120x4420, 2.34M)

you meant the pic right here, weebshitter

Attached: sa.png (358x358, 4K)

I don’t need to know their process to know that the recent and sudden bandwagoning for Steve will not affect a decision that was made over a year ago.

Steve will not be in Smash. Mark my words. Not in this game, nor in the next one.

Sakurai likes many things.

To be fair, you need to have an IQ of 300 to understand that post.

I’d be ok with Reimu, she’s crazy popular in Japan, and Touhou is surprisingly popular with kids. I doubt it’s happening though.

Sakurai said he loved Xenoblade Chronicles 2, as well. Did that confirm Rex?

You do know characters don't have to circlejerked to get in right?

Why did you post a blank picture tabby?

Extremely powerful

Attached: and you Banjo.gif (390x300, 37K)

He literally took time out of the last direct to say rex barely missed the roster. If there's a fighter pass 2 I bet rex will be on it.

Obviously, but fan demand is a determining factor. All of the top ballot poll characters made it into Ultimate in some way shape or form. Except for Banjo.

There is zero evidence to suggest that Steve was ever even considered for Smash. Only speculation after some attention whore made up some “leaks” and took you idiots for a ride.

Bandwagon? You mean the refusteves?
Listen I dont like them as much as you do but don't turn into one. Banjo has just as much of a shot as Steve does. Any character has a shot. Don't turn into a stupid rulefag, just want what you want, alright? I recently played Kazooie and Minecraft so I would like both of those games to be repped in Smash Bros. If you like Banjo more then that's fine but don't shoot people down for wanting something you don't.

Attached: 1548096730057.jpg (1024x768, 193K)

Fuck Minecraft

A toast to Banjo and the death of blockheads.

Attached: 1557949015052.png (700x700, 615K)

>Leakers

Attached: 1548856269624.png (500x331, 270K)

*Smirks* well you are pretty cute and Steve can't keep it up that long.

Attached: Alex.jpg (400x400, 15K)

Steve and banjo should both get in. So the fight between them can become reality in game.

You realize the guy who made the pic you posted is the biggest weeb ever, and has been directly influenced by Touhou?

Based, this render is the only based thing they did, death to discord.

Attached: 1555694246826.png (960x960, 786K)

autism

Attached: B30E08A2-197D-4E7D-AC67-1F41DE009640.jpg (712x916, 33K)

Undertale is piss easy compared to Touhou, you'e bullshitting

Isn't Alex an alternate Steve? Like both are canon but they can only exist without the other. At least in survival mode. I.e. the only mode that matters.

Minecraft doesn’t need a character to be repped. In fact, Steve does an awful job at conveying what Minecraft is about, when a Stage and some Mii outfits do a better job. Plus, he’d be an awful fighter. His lack of viability as an exciting or interesting fighter hurts him a lot, condems him in fact
>but Sakurai can work magic
You’re missing the point. You take Steve and you take vastly more interesting characters like Banjo or Monster Hunter or Erdrick, and which one is more visually flashy and imaginative. Sakurai would never make people pay money for a lazy character like Steve. Now a MC stage? Sure, sounds interesting.

Cope is just the Stevefag way of saying "I give up the argument"

I can't even tell what's going on in the discord anymore

Attached: 869E9E42-6764-4122-A455-434D95DF2B3E.jpg (289x289, 33K)

Where do you think he got the BH idea from?

whats happening

I avenged you Tetris-San

Attached: 1550768344421.png (896x552, 520K)

Post screencaps, I wanna laugh.

You're implying you know how Steve will play or look when you dont.
I'd be fine with a stage but c'mon. Just because you cant see it happening doesn't mean it doesnt have the potential.

Well I'm not as active I used to be, but they are acting secretive about something, I think they are working on a Banjo render.

Attached: 50249949_2171340486466158_5972851212402283900_n.jpg (726x726, 30K)

>all bullet hells are inspired by Touhou
you're legit braindead

Attached: brainlat.png (200x300, 28K)

Cope
No it means you're too retarded to be spoken to any further

You can shut up now, dumb Wojakposter.

Attached: toby_fox_met_zun.jpg (626x610, 92K)

Why do Banjofags have to be cast aside for the theoretical "next" game when Banjo-Kazooie deserve to be in THIS game just as much as Steve does. Minecraft is big enough, its about time someone else get the spotlight. Mojang and Microsoft aren't going to go bankrupt if Banjo gets into smash, just release another set of cheap diamond swords and dirt blocks for the kiddos to bitch to their parents about.

You're an actual retard.

Attached: __hakurei_reimu_touhou_drawn_by_darumoon__cd348329191660fcf70d6dc9cdf5c4a3.png (1116x1589, 1.53M)

what allies do the blockheads currently have? Do they have any left? Because as far as I can see their only ally, the erdrickfags have now betrayed him? will they go to House Roblox for assistance? or will they go to King's landing and ask for Toadfags help?

No, I’m implying Steve is straight up not happening. Quit deluding yourself. Fucking Reimu has a better chance of getting in, and her odds are slim to none.

Well there have been better fakes before than some render so we can handle it. Besides nintendo's e3 is in 24 days so they better hurry up.

Movesets in smash are not simple enough to boil down to a single post. Especially ones for entirely new characters like steve.

>Banjo render
we're in the endgame now

You are missing the point as to WHY Steve has no personality. His stiff, blocky design does not allow for personality, unlike others like Villager who actually have bendable limbs and an emotive face. Plant works because he is literally a giant mouth that can smile, grin, and frown. Steve has negative personality, meaning there is no capacity for it.

They’ve never had allies. They’re a strawman character for people who’ve already been BTFO, e.g. Waluigifags, Deefags, Raymanfags, Isaacfags, Ashleyfags, etc.... he’s a literal meme bandwagon.

>nooo I want Banjo noooow
Can you smell the irony emanating from this post?
snif
snif
Eugh. You'll get your character eventually. Dont complain so much.

But Steve was not proposed to him. If anything Phil Spencer would rather shill Banjo to the Nintendo suits and make a case for them,, assuming the Nintendo suits weren't already on board.

Attached: 1c6fadf34c08ecddfa8a91f27d0a974131988a40_hq.jpg (545x306, 30K)

Blockheads- White Walkers
Toadfags- Lannisters
Genofags- Tullys
Banjofags- Starks
Doomfags- The Hound

Who did I miss?

>no stop wanting characters
How about you eat my taint you whiny faggot.

They can be if you know what you’re doing. Which you clearly don’t. Sum up the core playstyle of the character, strengths and weaknesses, mechanics and gimmicks, and do a quick rundown of the most significant moves.

No one is gonna go through 3 posts of
>he swings the pickaxe
Or
>it’s like this character’s move

You’re terrible at designing movesets.

>Who did I miss?
The fact that GoT is awful and shouldn’t be used as an allegory unless it’s to showcase extreme failure in storytelling.

original steve at least consists of more than a few rectangles slapped together and rana is fucking adorable
i'd take rana over steve in smash any day, keeps the move set potential without being fuck-ugly

Dilate

>soulless indie westernshit in Smash that doesn't fit aesthetically, does not represent a distinct character archetype, has no Spirit Board potential
Having Shovel Knight, the critically acclaimed retro platformer, in Smash was already pushing it, and it is an AT.

Attached: didnt read lol.gif (350x232, 1.48M)

did the bells make you seethe danyfag

*Ting Tong*

Oh hear you that? the bells are ringing

Based bravetard

John Egbert is part of the fighters pass.

To prove you guys I know my shit, the homestuck epilogues are getting updated in a bit under an hour.

Attached: 00001.gif (650x450, 16K)

>shutup t-tranny
Looks like I won.

Attached: 1555198979784.jpg (540x540, 36K)

Steve's are more like GreyJoys raiders that get wrecked the moment they take on anyone

Dani has been my most hated character since S1. Show has been shit since S5, and I’ve been saying this since last Season. Didn’t even bother to watch s8, just sat back and enjoyed being vindicated by the meltdown people are having. And it’s not DnD, George Martin is an awful writer who wrote himself into a corner. These are HIS notes.

Unlike the hack leakers, the evidence for Banjo's popularity is very, very real. Take this for example.

About 3,000 votes
All using 3 choices
1st most wanted gets 3 points,
2nd gets 2
3rd gets 1

Steve only got about 547
Banjo got more than double the points at 1,500

If anyone tells you that Banjo isn't a popular choice, they are either lying, stupid, a Stevefag, or most likely all 3.

Attached: 1558137758468.jpg (2220x1080, 630K)

Allow me to fill you in

>Virginben returns home from a long day at work
>Sees the words "Brave" on a letter
>Smiles
>This is his time
>people will finally take him seriously
>knock at the door
>Goes to answer the door
>its fucking Banjo, Doomguy, Artorias and Ryu
>"AHHH NO HELP ME"
>Vergeben is whirled into a trophy.
>Sakurai then turns to the look at the screen
>"Nuff said"

I never cared about Minecraft so I don't care if he gets in. One Doomguy please.

>No Microsoft character has a good design. Comes with being a western company.
Ah, you're a weeaboo faggot, everything you say is now worthless.

>Steve
>Indie

Attached: 1535058825138.png (375x374, 170K)

What's so special and amazing about this dating sim girl?

Feigned ignorance is not an argument user, no matter how often you try it.

Show me fanpolls that had joker near the top. Popularity doesn't matter when getting into smash.

>Erdrick

Attached: shhh.gif (310x262, 260K)

Redditors get off this site

And stop relating based Steve renders (especially the extremely based Lord English one) to your reddit autism

youtu.be/CJdrSIn2_H8

Attached: 1540676331930.gif (960x540, 1.34M)

Admit it, this is just screencap bait for after Erdrick's reveal

>Erdrick goes to Vergeben's house
>He sees it in ruins
>Vergeben nowhere in sight
>Muffled music in the distance
>Erdrick turns around
>The music gets louder and becomes more clear
>"WHEN YOU WALK AWAY"
>Its Sora
>Erdrick is shocked and tries running but his hips start moving on their own and he enjoys getting cucked out of his smash slot
>Sora enters Smash

I'm not feigning, who is this and why does Yea Forums slobber all over her so much?

You do this every thread, you think it's not obvious as fuck?

Suuuure buddy, that's totally happening.

user this is embarrassing you should stop

Think about it user, just IMAGINE Edrickfags seething when Erdrick doesn't get in just IMAGINE their sadness and rage when the twink ass Sora takes a snap, pulls some crack and gets in Smash.

So she's a nobody that people only want in because they're pedophiles?

Tick tock. Your end is coming.

Attached: based artorias.jpg (945x870, 146K)

>Reddit
Tabbender is from discord not reddit and i'm glad you like the the based lord English Steve.

Also what's wrong with Frisk/Sans, a better choice than Reimu, only redditors want Reimu.

Sora is one of the worst characters in all of gaming. I'd rather have no square rep then him.

Attached: pretending.png (568x1023, 161K)

you say this too every thread and no one gives a fuck
Just stop, you are only embarrassing yourself

IF THE POLLS WERE THE FOCUS OF DLC
WE WOULDN'T HAVE JOKER

Not that user but explain to me why Reimu deserves to get in.

Guy has no moveset
sucks to be you Steve

So has all Smash roster discussion merely fell under shitposting all sides just to farm (you)s? You don't think that it'll just be that none of the characters the masses here are shitposting about will be?

>Touhou is reddit
user...

He's in
youtu.be/lbZuMFZLqoU

Attached: 1549922173513.png (1920x1920, 919K)

But villager is a character

>The definitive Japanese indie/doujin rep
>making Touhou fangames is basically it's own doujin scene within the doujin scene
>More than 20 years old, Touhou 1 came out November 1996
>can bring unique gameplay, for example an aerial and projectile focused style or usage of barriers
>Hugely popular in Japan
>has a flower named after her
>significantly shaped internet culture around 2010
>inspired multiple other games
>popular enough to get references in AAA games
>even if you are not a fan of touhou or think you have never heard of it, chances are that you have stumbled across it, maybe through memes, references or the music
>would destroy Yea Forums and /jp/
>would crash 2chan
>great music

Attached: reimuflower.png (1492x1693, 2.48M)

You know what fucking pisses me off the most? Even if Steve DOESNT get in Smash Ultimate, those shitposting fucks are just gonna be like

"Pffft well whatever, its not I STEVE from MInecraft really wanted to be in that shitty party game anyway. Im the main character from THE BEST SELLING GAME OF ALL TIME. If Smash doesnt want me than thats their loss. I guess they just dont have good taste! I dont need to be in Smash anyway.

I fucking bet thats going to happen.

>pre Melee Poll
>4 games later still not in

C O P E

Sakurai already confirmed he used the ballot for selecting some characters, so that's factually wrong

Then its agreed, no more DLC.

>Mr Saturn
I remember reading through Sakurai's letters and he had to tell fans Mr. Saturn couldn't work as a fighter. I think he said something, like, "get over it."

Nintendo chose the DLC retard

>Over 2 decades of legacy
>Extremely popular in Japan and on the western Internet
>Is pretty much the Mario of indie games
>Tons of moveset potential
>Tons of music she could bring to the game
>Tons of potential for spirit battles too
There's literally no reason to NOT want her in, asides from "shitposting zoomers don't want her in (the majority of which are memeing or falseflagging)".

Sakurai didn't decide the DLC though, nintendo did. And their primary goal with DLC is reaching a wider audience, which is why the first character is from a playstation exclusive.

>Touhou ISN'T reddit
user........... I.......

>Those selected characters were all base game

>doujin
Game characters only, dumbass.

>Still backing the Google theory

Yea I'm sure joker, incineroar, Isabelle, and piranha plant did great on the ballot!

>Erdrickfags
Don't exist. It's just Stevefags who are just rooting for him because Virgin Ben and 5ch said he was in with Steve

Attached: file_1.png (1049x81, 16K)

>second best
shut up banjoke, it hit #1 yesterday

Nintendo made a pool of choices. Sakurai then choose five from that pool.

>THE MARIO OF INDIE GAMES

If you mean by sheer number of titles yes since they reuse the same shit over and over more than New Super, but quality hell no

>is in the banner of Yea Forums
>never shows up in discussions on the smash subreddit and the touhou subreddit is super small
user...

Attached: 4chan_banner_carlito.jpg (300x100, 34K)

And there's no fucking chance Nintendo had Banjo in that pool

Isabelle did

Dude it's like saying Pepe is reddit

>I know exactly what factors Nintendo is going to use to select all 5 of the dlc characters
My uncle works for Nintendo too, bro

Doujin is literally japanese for indie you retard.

Tell me Yea Forums
If Smash should focus on third parties with actual history and importance, why exclude Minecraft and Dragon Quest?

And that's based on your personal opinions and hopes.

>some characters
Read for me, retard. I know its hard, but it's crucial when using a forum.

gamesradar.com/heres-what-you-need-to-know-from-nintendos-investor-qanda-new-online-switch-game-and-more/
>With Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, we asked 'How could we reach not only fans of the Super Smash Bros. series, but also those who had never played it before?

Quality is subjective and everyone trying to argue it as an objective factor is factually retarded. I was talking about legacy and influence.

They literally said they aim to make Smash more appealing to those outside its already established demographic.

Sakurai also chooses characters based on how well they'd translate to Smash and if they'd be fun. Steve does neither.

There is literally a subreddit dedicated to Reimu and a meme one too, there's also a redditor and discordfag dedicated to Reimu, how is it not reddit? As far as i'm concerned both Banjo and Reimu are reddit.

Attached: 1557944923377.png (1920x1080, 1.22M)

calling it now, Tetris will be one of the DLC fighters.

yep and when the next smash rolls around it will be back to Steve vs Banjo shitflingling

dq definitely but minecraft has no history

Wrong

>still thinking that erdrick is gonna be in smash

Yea "some" being k rool and Ridley both base roster

Holy fucking shit
Have you been there for like. A week? Lurk more, you seriously need it.

Nah, Pepe is and always will be Yea Forums, no matter how much reddit try to take him the frog will always come back home, Reimu? A slut who will go anywhere if it means popularity, its the whole reason her hips started moving on her own after meeting Reddit-san.

go into the smash subreddit and search for reimu, then compare how many results you get compared to any other character

Says the Steveposter who's Discord group actively searches for any mention of Banjo, Reimu, or anyone else not Steve so they can run in and start shitting everywhere.

Stop embarrassing yourself user

>>never shows up in discussions on the smash subreddit
redditor here, can confirm that they just don't show up often since they get btfo regularly

Attached: wejjit.png (730x980, 79K)

I've been here for 10 years user, Reimu is nothing and continue seething about trash, Alice is best girl.

Nigga, he made Pac-Man and Villager work
There have been plenty of fan movesets and even one guy is making animations of Steve of how he'd fit in Smash
This shit is like Ridley all over again

>Banjo has been Microsoft exclusive and Rare Replay was only on Xbone
>"Hey if we put in Banjo, we can introduce Xbox players to smash and appease his popularity on the ballot!"
Its really not hard to see the appeal.

>have to deal with another year+ of steveposting until the DLC is over
don't wake me up

Attached: 1558128879488.jpg (960x936, 61K)

Its the highest selling game of all time and led a bunch of imitators

Just give up, you can't beat us.

Attached: unknown.png (960x960, 782K)

Go ask them.

Attached: 1546798303441.png (332x352, 58K)

boomer here, fuck Reimu.

Attached: 1556634868772.jpg (600x453, 45K)

Banjo is an Xbox character. He would be appealing outside the demographic.

fuck you, that subreddit gets raided by /bant/niggers daily

Repent Discordfags

Attached: 1557291502420.jpg (592x422, 23K)

but it only arrived on Nintendo recently and HAS NO HISTORY with Nintendo unlike Banjo-Kazooie or even dragon quest

>He thinks Reimu supporters support her because it's her
user, we support her because she's the main character. I'd be supporting Flandre otherwise.

Beat you? What would that accomplish? No matter how you shitpost, you can't influence who gets into smash, so why should I care whether I 'beat' you or not?
You can go back into your reddit and discord circlejerks, and then talk how Reimu of all people is supposedly reddit, but you accomplish nothing.

The only people who would be against this cutie are Reddit/Discord scum and should be permab& on sight.

Attached: 1465259001380.jpg (3410x4095, 1.27M)

Dude, that's like saying Cooper from Grabbed by the Ghoulies is an actual candidate for Smash

>He thinks Steveposters are anti-Reimu posters

Where are my Bond Bros at? We're leading in the polls, keep seething banjofags

Attached: image.jpg (200x300, 9K)

Reimu is a genocidal cunt, I'd rather have a PC-98 literal who or nothing really rather than that Mary Sue

If history was important, Joker wouldn't be in the game

You can't call a character a mary sue when being overpowered is pretty much a trait of character in her universe and she's not even close to being the most powerful.
Call her a dick all you want, but she's not a mary sue.

We literally have Reimu in our enemies list in the discord, continue seething Reimufag.

Attached: 1558107875023.png (960x540, 396K)

Cooper's game didn't sell nearly as well as Banjo's.

>Minecraft comes to not only Nintendo consoles but also Sony, iOS, Android, and literally everything else you could imagine
Guess he’ll be in PlayStation Allstars
>Fortnite more popular and staying there while it’s competition flounders about losing players
Jonesy is coming too!

Tabbender (A discord fag) is also a Reimufag, what say you Reimufag?

Attached: 1535052744965.gif (400x225, 1.73M)

You literally just proved you were a falseflag only going off outdated information.

GOOD MOOOOOOOORNING Yea Forums! Just wanted to remind you that we're never getting Reimu (yes, THE Reimu from Touhou Project) confirmed in Smash Ultimate or any future Smash for that matter! Make sure to sigh in relief when the Fighters Pass gets complete when Reimu isn't present in sight!

>B-BUT TOUHOU PROJECT IS GETTING AN OFFICIAL GAME ON THE SWITCH
"No!"

Your degenerate otaku trash crap will never be in. Just because a late port is confirmed doesn't mean she's guaranteed. Reimu is a literal who for the wider margin of the world and the otaku demographic choice is already taken up by Joker. There's also how literally any third party has more notoriety than Reimu and would result in a much more safe option for Nintendo and Sakurai to choose to appeal to more people. If Dragon Quest is considered anti hype by western rosterfags, Reimu would be a million times worse. Not even Japan wants her, she's their equivalent of our own shitty meme choices nobody in their right mind would actually support. Now go back to /jp/ and neck yourselves.

Attached: Gonna be a great day.jpg (753x758, 33K)

I'm not angry I'm just disappointed. Don't you have anything better to do than circlejerk in a discord server and hold flamewars on an anonymous imageboard?

>not even close to being the most powerful
>everyone is scared to go all out on her since if she dies so does the Hakurei Barrier
>can float out of reality for as long as she likes just doesn't do it due to muh Danmaku rules
Reimu a shit

Going by your logic literally every character ever is reddit or discord. Name me one franchise without a subreddit

FUCKING KILL YOURSELF

Maybe we should permaban Tabbender then if it'll quell your boner for him. I don't really care.

today I remind them

Attached: !!!!!!!.png (1661x816, 322K)

Yet she can't beat the top tier, the most powerful is Hecatia and the Watatsuki sisters are superior to anyone in Gensokyo

Attached: here's your banjoke bro.png (1170x114, 34K)

Based

If you are actualy in the discord ban him and anyone who supports Banjo.

Aren't you the one who used the Lord English Steve render earlier? That render Tabbender was the one to request and make the first concept idea of, which is pic related?
Lmao.

Attached: steve-lord-english.gif (604x453, 158K)

That's why we should get the ACTUAL most powerful in Smash

I don't use Discord you dumb shit.

Attached: 1500760837567.jpg (750x713, 111K)

Finally! A worthy opponent! Our battle will be legendary!

Attached: your average blockhead.png (402x92, 12K)

stop lying you faggot falseflagger

Attached: an13.jpg (597x800, 93K)

Fuck all of you he's in

Attached: jonesy.jpg (816x774, 50K)

>Steve posters like Reimu

Attached: 1539209925728.png (1057x972, 592K)

Just in time, I felt like having beef today.

Attached: 1540863180123.gif (595x510, 29K)

Steve wouldn't look righ-
youtube.com/watch?v=Pu9_S2gbzgI

>/bant/lets have arrived
great, as if the thread wasn't shitty enough already

Its true though Mr Bones! You have to trust me, like I trusted you on that ride.

You're having milk

Attached: anime girls need calcium.png (465x382, 86K)

No that wasn't me, I'm just a guy who love Steves and hates Reimu, Alice is superior btw.

Attached: 1555859408945.png (939x690, 624K)

Shut the fuck up banjofaggot.
You don't want to be on that ride again?

Attached: FNK89.jpg (500x750, 94K)

Attached: Smash Threads.jpg (980x623, 96K)

>Banjofag
I hate banjokes Mr Bones, why would I be one?

Attached: 1555780105665.png (1920x1900, 2.76M)

looks like Cirnofags need a refresher on the lore

Attached: incredible.png (791x810, 344K)

You're like those Undertale supporters that hate Frisk for some reason. The main character will always be the one to get in first, weither you like it or not. We're supporting Reimu so that Touhou as a whole will get in. Nothing's preventing another character from getting in after her (though Marisa would most likely be second).

youtube.com/watch?v=-Ld-qpImVL0

Reminder to dismiss Banjofags and Cereal Box shitters

These characters deserve nothing, they were a fad and nothing more.

Attached: 1557808501344.jpg (1920x1080, 509K)

Because you hate yourself and instead of trying to get happy you instead want to make others miserable too?

>Hating Frisk
Fuck anyone who does that, Sans is cool and all but I want my pacfist boy with his genocide sister as an alt.

Attached: image0.png (640x480, 234K)

Because you're a falseflagger who hates Reimu. Stevebros are friends with Reimubros, not enemies you dumb fuck.

Attached: e7e0d23217a919311cbac61587e87664.jpg (500x653, 54K)

I love myself though! I love Steve! Banjokes deserve to miserable

>people now resorting to calling any animal-based character "Cereal Box"
Let me guess, you want nothing but anime fujos in Smash

>pacfist boy with his genocide sister
Someone didn't get the point of Undertale. It's fine though, most people don't get it. Actually, enough people don't get it that I'm tired of explaining it and just won't bother.
Have a good day.

I agree on the last part, but i doubt your first statement

You guys want any hippos

Attached: B2828E7E-15A2-4197-A836-3B3D3CF164AF.png (150x200, 30K)

>anime fujos

Attached: 1422934819739.jpg (1920x1080, 298K)

Hey guys remember when K. Rool didn’t get in the game because he’s irrelevant? Lol me too!

Attached: 57F81996-51A5-4A2F-A6A2-BD89DBDAAD21.gif (1043x510, 143K)

NINTENDO
CHOSE
THE
DLC

Move over, big guy. It's MY turn to smash!

Attached: CoffeeRunright.gif (200x150, 125K)

>Spams down B and throws them all off the edge
Maybe have it do 0 damage to anyone, but it has a long cool down. When it's ready, it can show on the bottom of the screen on his name. Also instead of side B being pig+carrot, it should be a minecart since, y'know, Minecraft. Great moveset btw.

COPE BANJOFAG DK IS NOT A DEAD FRANCHISE

SHITTY BEAR WILL NEVER BE IN

I thought Refusteves having a discord and organizing Yea Forums raids was just a meme, is this actually fucking real? Jesus Christ.

I did get the point of undertale, Chara is cute! and I love her knife and you have a good day too friend! the night is dark and full of terrors!

Also do you think the point of undertale was then?

-t

>Smash Ballot is irrelevant
Big yawn from me, mate.

Yes. We've known this for a few months.

Attached: 1557356168513.png (437x125, 19K)

At that point I'd rather have the Tetris minos

holy shit, Stevefags are delusional

Attached: bulborb.png (678x630, 390K)

sorry here's your mature anime character sir
guess what his down-b is

Attached: download (1).jpg (209x241, 9K)

literally who

The salt from your tears is delicious.
COPE HARDER.

Attached: C2360286-517E-4A2E-B724-8EF34260E492.png (1200x1200, 1.15M)

It always been real, when I head the first rumours of the steve discord, I wanted to believe so badly it was fake, I could never believe a group of people could be degenerates this badly... but here we are.

Attached: dumb blockhead frog.png (213x73, 6K)

how's the 3rd world life going?

Attached: krool_zone.png (865x610, 97K)

Before K. Rool, it was
>irrelevant characters can't get in!
Afterwards, everyone shifted it to
>irrelevant series can't get in!
Keep clinging to your made-up set of rules.

I sure do like playing as Isaac

Attached: C22D8840-AF5D-44BA-A598-8E5F1248DD9B.png (626x557, 106K)

that's what everyone is saying the next character will be
dunno where that came from lmao

>T-THIRD WORLDER
OH NO NO NO NO NO
COP HARDER

Attached: D89BDF0C-65E5-418E-B1DE-342052617258.png (541x437, 175K)

Attached: 037E9FAA-EB0A-4B84-ABB8-037097D3B6F2.jpg (686x1024, 45K)

I hope Nintendo adds something absolutely outlandish like Peter Griffin just to make all fanboys shit their pants in anger

Attached: feel_dream.png (483x481, 203K)

>OH YEAH WELL WHAT ABOUT ISAAC!?
I love playing as Ness and Lucas, bros...

Attached: 19C39469-C2AB-413B-95A9-ABDFE2016354.jpg (962x1280, 126K)

Nintendo chose the DLC to appeal to those outside of Smash's demographic
They wouldn't choose Banjo

Attached: 04CE9077-9CFD-47CB-B22F-11B859BCE582.png (400x300, 70K)

Were chosen when Earthbound wasn't a dead franchise

>one slot, four costumes each
>both use various Earth and Covenant weapons in their moves
>Final Smash calls down an orbital barrage: Master Chief has the Pillar of Autumn, Thel'Vadam uses the Truth and Reconciliation
>stage is on the surface of Installation 04
>music from all three main games and one each from 4 and Reach

Attached: master_chief_and_arbiter_by_talik13_d1554hk-pre.jpg (1032x774, 88K)

>Somebody wins EVO as Peter

Attached: wheeze.png (554x554, 47K)

>Final Smash is reminiscing about a time with his good friend Orville

C O P E
O
P
E

Attached: 615B0960-DEAF-4FD4-9115-E25695213AC3.png (750x650, 207K)

fuck off hippo

Attached: 1530701908244.jpg (2700x3283, 2.84M)

Attached: 164887F6-3BDA-433B-84BC-663F43963DEA.png (649x416, 71K)

Earthbound was always irrelevant. Keep moving the goalpost, loser.

G-GUYS......

Attached: smash x fat albert.jpg (2511x1440, 154K)

Attached: 42156D8E-5484-47D4-BB12-7E84DCEE19C5.jpg (373x521, 38K)

>Arbiter not using Shadow of Intent

Skip to 22:35
Replace Geno with Banjo
That's the discussion in a nutshell
youtube.com/watch?v=moYKfJCInZU

Attached: 274748270011211.png (240x240, 104K)

Ice Climbers got into Melee 20 years after their game released.

Delusional retard, I know you zoomy Banjies are retarded, but they aren't that retarded

Attached: Banjo.png (1177x662, 40K)

Was that his command ship? The damn wiki refused to list its name.

Hippo

Attached: 27FC30FC-0DF2-47AB-BAC5-AA7D400B690A.jpg (336x437, 34K)

Exactly. Sakurai wouldve picked another FE character, while nintendo is smarter than that and would pick steve. Imagine how many kids would ask their parents for the dlc after seeing minecraft in smash

Attached: 9EDDC362-C670-4B27-BA61-10AE4A04A908.png (1920x1080, 1.93M)

>EVERYTHING SAID WILL APLY TO BANJO BECAUSE I SAY SO EVERY CHARACTER YOU PEOPLE WANT HAS THE SAME CASE AAAAGH
Why are you people so pathetic? Like honestly, imagine being one of these people.

Attached: CF31D97A-2950-4DC6-801C-8543FBE712D8.png (529x705, 379K)

>Earthbound was always irrelevant
Japan exists retard, it even has priority over the west weither you like it or not.

Bait

If Nintendo chose the DLC by fan demand, we wouldn't have Joker

>Smash fans are dumb
In other news, water is wet and OP is a fag

Attached: 85A6A625-53F8-4AD8-BDA3-CB7AA2FA7799.png (705x1133, 483K)

>Minecraft kid looks up Smash
>wow, this is so lame, it doesn't even play like Minecraft, and the Stage Builder doesn't even have half the features Minecraft has. Hard pass!

The most recent Earthbound game came out in the 2000’s, they’ve had reps in Smash since 64, and yet you’re calling Banjo a zoomer pick because it’s what your discord instilled in your brain. Big fucking yikes from me, dude.

Attached: 3DC8B5ED-38D0-4AC4-B3BC-531CFE5264F4.jpg (1054x1183, 130K)

> IF YOU DON'T LIKE BANJO! YOU ARE A DISCORD USER
Absolute retard, imagine having this site in your head rent free

How do people not realize there is always a retro rep in the base roster
Melee
>Icies
Brawl
>Rob
Smash 4
>Duck hunt
Ultimate
>Simon Belmont

Attached: 7752E0F0-400B-4771-865D-B08722B57EBE.gif (700x700, 2.25M)

Like Nintendo wouldn’t also pick a FE character.

Discord users have already confirmed they're here in this thread. Its not exactly "rent free" if they're actually here.

Attached: 7DC32713-FD2F-4FD1-B104-74155B16B249.jpg (3024x4032, 1.08M)

I can understand people not wanting Steve being playable.
I can understand people prefering Banjo over Steve as a playable character.
But the biggest bullshit is pretending that Banjo is more deserving or likely than Steve or even Master Chief when he doesn't make sense at all compared to those two.

Halo is a really huge franchise with multiple episodes loved by the fans, sold over 60 millions and is considered as one of the series that popularized multiplayers FPS. It's even getting a new game soon and is considered as the mascot of XBOX.

Steve, while the character himself is not that famous, the game he is from definitely is. It re-popularized the sandbox genre and is the typical success story every developers want to achieve. It's the game that had the most copies sold in Vidya history, and still remains popular ten years later (ffs it has more players than Fortnite).

And then you have Banjo & Kazooie. The original game sure sold well at its time. And is considered as the one that popularized collect-a-thon genre... But the sequel was not well-received by the fans, since it sold half the amount of the original and even nowadays the "true" fans (that you only see in Smash threads, how strange) have mixed opinions on it.
Then, there are two games that no one ever mentions (Banjo-Pilot and Grunty's revenge). And finally, Banjo & Kazooie 3 was considered as the worst game ever made in the franchise by the Banjo lovers. And its spiritual successor, Yooka-Laylee, was also considered as lazily made despite being made by the original team of Banjo & Kazooie.
So in the end, fans only love the first game from 1998, a small portion kinda liked the second one released in 2000, and since then, they hated everything that came out. And they don't even hide it. They don't even want a Banjo revival because themselves admit that it'll never be the same as the N64 og.
Banjo fans don't even like most official games, that's amazing.

You can’t spin me the narrative that Earthbound was ever popular enough for the criteria you people make up. Remember when Sakurai said if he knew Mother 3 wasn’t coming to the West he wouldn’t have put Lucas in the game?

Plant is the "surprise out of field pick" this time, not necessarily retro

Simon aren't comparable to these shitters, he's one of the faces in a huge ass franchise

While not universal, from my experience browsing various shitholes, the Nintendo community is among the community that has constantly held the most resentment & hate towards Minecraft. This is far from new.

So why couldn't Banjo be a "retro rep" in that case?
He could be a retro pick, a fan pick, and cross promotional Xbox pick all in one.

People like Banjo-Tooie, though

Earthbound was never relevant. You mean to tell me that Earthbound was but Banjo-Kazooie wasn’t? Keep kidding yourself.

Its because Minecraft beat Mario's popularity

Yet, he's still in, because he came from a newly released game Sakurai didn't know about

Banjo is a dead bitch who nobody wants anything to do with. Even fucking Earthworm Jim made a comeback before him.

You DO realize that many, MANY people wanted Joker, or at least some form of SMT/Persona representation in Smash, right?

Attached: 2F1C9B25-FAAB-4C53-93D3-6AEADEB924DC.jpg (900x1273, 110K)

genofield

Attached: genofield.jpg (101x128, 5K)

Then why wasn't he on the polls?

See Retarded Banjofags, imagine being this obsessed over a shitty furry cereal box bear

Attached: 1557699703387.jpg (400x497, 109K)

Ah, but I didn't say the fans didn't like Banjo-Tooie, but it already has divided opinions on the way you progress in the game and is usually compared already inferior to the first one.

Itll pass if he can place blocks and be creative with his moveset, like pac man or villager

Attached: lets face it.jpg (960x720, 111K)

>But the biggest bullshit is pretending that Banjo is more deserving or likely than Steve
He makes more sense as a smash bros character, in my opinion. That's personally why I find him "more likely"

how do i get into the steve discord? anyone have an invite?

>Cereal
Oh boy
Banjo is in

Attached: 1557892314568.jpg (665x432, 56K)

"Many" is an exaggeration
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Th4pdsrzs-6X303PPpw5m-b4JHJ0_cGRKU15KYlTe1E/edit#gid=729442469
I believe this poll represents the reality of the votes well enough (50,000) to show that Persona was never that requested, if not at all.

Absolutely BTFO
Jesus christ

Attached: 1542914244891m.jpg (1022x1024, 59K)

You make a good point

while we're at it, we should put Steve in the next Street Fighter and Guilty Gear games. Minecraft kids will go out and buy those in droves, since people who predominantly play Minecraft love fighting games, right?

>still thinking Erdrick is coming
Retard

Attached: D16CEADC-C118-4D10-B7F7-DFB896D59DF5.jpg (313x470, 31K)

That design predates Funko Pop, morons. It's also a design that allows for far more freedom to change and modify to fit whatever you put it in while still remaining faithful to the source. Steve doesn't because his shitty aesthetic and animation is so specific that modifying it in any way takes away what makes it unique and recognizable but you literally have to do that if you want it to fit into anything other than Minecraft.

Did you ever stop to think that if Dock didn't leave, the rest of the world would have been designed to match the aesthetic? Do you really think they would have just put talk that work into the player character and then left everything else as placeholder art made by a programmer?

His franchise is big but it's been out of the loop for a while now. He could be considered a retro character now. Only for the base game does this apply, was their any retro character in the dlc for smash 4?

Sorry Sora, but they're going with a better Disney character.

Attached: Rallen (1).png (184x400, 78K)

>a bunch of deconfirmed characters come in to take Virgin Ben and Erdrick to the deconfirmation club

This is your average Peter player

Attached: 6nyxfw5lkg221.jpg (223x300, 19K)

Because Steve doesn't fit in those kind of fighters. Look at pac man in Street fighter x Tekken. He did not belong in that game but he makes perfect sense I'm smash.

Meant for

>only base game counts because I said so.
Whatever man. Besides, Cloud was almost 20 years old without a new game of his own when he was announced.

I disagree, I don't think Simon is exactly what you would call a character from a retro franchise when the latest entry was released in 2014.
And according to Sakurai, there are not "retro characters", only characters that no one would expect to see in Smash. He compared ROB, Duck Hunt and G&W to Piranha Plant.
tweaktown.com/news/63930/super-smash-bros-uitimate-sakurais-piranha-plant-decision/index.html

Again wrong, final fantasy is a series that is still thriving. Cloud is the most popular character and was in kingdom hearts and dissideas.

Attached: 9E54C471-AFFF-440E-A5C9-D07D5F04483D.png (270x502, 75K)

>Steve makes perfect sense in a game where you can't build and hunt in a 3D destructible sandbox environment

Attached: 272C16D4-6D7E-4B95-87AA-BF66BAB4B44F.jpg (512x349, 24K)

This is from that KotH/Family Guy/ Bob's Burgers crossover card game thing right?

>all the banchode coping in this thread
They know he's inevitable.

Attached: 2019_05_18_thanos-13002009.png (64x64, 4K)

Attached: 7ED6BB7E-BBE0-48E0-A838-F15662D10A91.png (500x389, 126K)

This is a pretty dumb argument, Wii Fit Trainer is from a game where you do Yoga, Villager where you are a simple citizen and Pac-Man where you eat some balls.
Even Mario doesn't make sense with that logic.

Attached: 12316082-2194-450A-B5D5-763A50F8BD88.jpg (1080x971, 65K)

Yeah

Attached: C53EC933-A843-40AD-B025-4731B73E66E9.png (468x642, 174K)

>spinoffs count
Alright then. We've had Rare Replay, and Banjo appeared in Sonic Racing as a guest.
The fact that you have to move the goalposts so many times is telling.

Attached: AF0A5945-2F36-4F21-90C9-27E45C2827D8.jpg (651x1024, 29K)

Any of those characters would work in a classical 2D fighting game if you put the effort in, so why not Steve? Why does he get the double standard where he'd only work in Smash?
the answer is because you only care about Smash

Attached: 81AF7D72-3DAA-46A7-B8C5-120D12180E78.png (894x894, 370K)

Attached: 2CC4B914-E8E2-4A1B-9D70-B10FA00992BC.png (392x558, 193K)

Say hello to your newest Smash competitor DLC

Attached: Ann_HQ.png (2000x2334, 3.7M)

Attached: 4245B149-13C8-4E0D-98CE-7FE4ADA01DDC.png (500x363, 97K)

Attached: 13FAA3FA-7894-427F-8B80-7427304FEB57.png (420x420, 55K)

Attached: 04F920F5-98C8-4EC1-8333-81EC76FD210F.jpg (791x1024, 34K)

1st: All dock contributed was 4 unanimated 3d models which didn't fit with the game at all-
2 of them just being reskinned steves

2nd: dock demanded that someone else do the work of actually animating the models and integrating them to the game and didn't contribute at all before being dropped from the project.
Literally "GUYS I HAVE AN IDEA LOOK AT THIS ART I MADE NOW YOU DO ALL THE WORK"

and 3rd:
Dock is literally a tranny now

Attached: dock2.png (663x781, 774K)

see

Attached: FF8FDCC5-33E8-4043-8D08-C640FB6F48C2.gif (1050x650, 154K)

btw making any of these characters would take like 45 minutes in blender by anyone competent.

Steve is not a character. He is a skin.

Attached: 6D3F1772-A10C-4BA4-8859-782BD707E5B5.gif (480x270, 897K)

But I'm not moving goalposts, you're blatently ignoring facts. Cloud is one of the most recognizable video game characters of all time despite only having one mainline game appearance. Final fantasy is also a series that constantly changes the main characters. There are very few people outside of the smash community that actually know who banjo is. Also
>Comparing kingdom hearts and final fantasy fighting games to a fucking Sonic racing game
And rare replay was just a collection nothing new was added. Banjo kazooies last actual characterized appearance was nuts and bolts and everyone hated that game.

>There are very few people outside of the smash community that actually know who banjo is
I love this non-argument.

>But I'm not moving goalposts
First we were at 'irrelevant series', then we jumped to 'retro picks', after we hopped on over to 'being in the base game is different'
I don't think you could have possibly typed that with a straight face.
I still stand by my point of Ice Climbers being in. Banjo hasn't had a game in just as long, but unlike them, he has a large backing on popularity and fan polls. Saying he's 'impossible' when you consider all of that seems silly to me.

Attached: 47F1718D-7702-4DD7-8F8E-E3F2EDA201CA.jpg (175x270, 11K)

Attached: 86FD2772-8E1A-49E3-9FEE-AAA9AE5D6F07.jpg (262x270, 13K)

Stevey stevey cope and seethey

>what is "Everyone Is Here"
>what is Ridley
>what is K. Rool
>what is Simon

Factually wrong. There's nothing implying that Nintendo made a pool of choices for Sakurai to pick from. You retards made that shit up.

>base roster characters
woooow

Attached: FA92E186-21DA-4FA7-A29E-597D57B8B970.png (420x420, 37K)

There is no such thing as a retro rep.

See, here's the thing: All of these points are true
It's just that Steve as a character is A. Boring as shit, more cold and corporate than any other possible newcomer, which is saying a lot. and B. As of currently, Minecraft is mostly known for the cringe landscape it left behind from its peak and absurdist memes that have gotten stale extremely fast.

plus he fuckin UGLY

>As of currently, Minecraft is mostly known for the cringe landscape it left behind from its peak and absurdist memes that have gotten stale extremely fast.
As of currently, Minecraft is known for its memes about shitting on Fortnite, a less popular and newer game.

Honestly I don’t even care who the Microsoft rep is at this point, even though I do have a strange feeling that Banjo is actually getting in this time around. I’m just so fucking done with the anime characters in Smash it’s become ridiculous. I don’t even have a problem with Joker but it’s just looking like Blazblue up in here now and that needs to stop. I understand that they’re japs and shit but they need to understand that nobody knows who the fuck Bayonetta, Corrin and Joker are. My normie friends were left puzzled when they saw Joker, and understandably so. Just put the big figures in there for fuck’s sake there are so many left. Yes, Steve is one, Banjo is one, Master Chief is one. Any other character from Sonic even though nobody even likes the fucking games. Crash, Doom Slayer, jesus christ WHOEVER ELSE ffs add a Blizzard rep for all I care but if people on this and other threads are unironically rooting for Eirdrick or whatever is name is and Reimu from a series I have literally never even heard of outside of Yea Forums, I kind of find it pathetic

your shitty hippo meme isn't funny you retarded phoneposter

>won’t even do me the kindness of a simple (You)
It’s all I was asking for... please... just... do it...

You don't deserve a (you)

Pleaseeeeee... my discord friends... they-they’ll think I’m a loser

send discord name :]

>Acknowledging his existence
that's even better than giving him a (You), because you sound too butthurt by denying him of a (You)

Joker is in because sakurai wanted him. Nearly everything on that list is in smash in some way and some of them even just came in ultimate.

>mentions Isabelle and Incineroar as if they weren't base roster characters
There's also nothing implying that Nintendo isn't going to use the ballot at all.

Hippo poster here, I don’t care if it’s funny, I just want to piss people off.

>I'll take considered for melee but couldnt be added because of microdick for 500 please

Attached: 62BE51C6-BB31-4B33-B460-148F300F45EA.jpg (1043x1200, 70K)

Why would Nintendo even look at the ballot?

Not sure why you think a poll from 1999 is relevant, but okay.
I still think Banjo has a good chance, if only because his name starts with B and both of the other DLC characters so far had codenames starting with the first letter of their name.

Was never considered for Melee.

Attached: A7A7741C-B089-457C-8C9F-150CE6248E58.png (540x551, 211K)

Arsene was codenamed "Doyle" which doesn't start with an A.

Go on the street to a random person and show them a picture of banjo. See if they know who it is fag.

But moving goalposts implies that you're proving me wrong. You have yet to do so dumbass.

You can't honestly look at that retarded face and think this character looks good in any way. I don't even need to post a picture cause you did it for me.

Actually disgusting

I can do that with any character. If the first random person who I show Mario to doesn't know him then I can say nobody knows who Mario is and he shouldn't be in Smash.

Attached: D05D8133-22E8-43F0-B07D-D128CA404509.png (800x800, 220K)

yikes

GOOD MOOOOOOOORNING Yea Forums! Just wanted to remind you that we’re another day closer to Steve (yes, THE Steve from Minecraft) getting confirmed in Smash Ultimate! Make sure to save your tears for the upcoming Fighter Pass when Steve walks into the spotlight!

>H-HAH! VIRGINBEN SAID THE TOPDOWN WASN’T LINK’S AWAKENING! HE WAS FINALLY WRONG! STEVE ISN’T IN SMASH!!!!!
“No!”

Yikes! That’s a large assumption. How can one “questionable” prediction instantly invalidate a history of success? Unlike your “Grinch leak” Banjocucks, Steve has a lot more distribution among other leakers. Ever heard of MasterOfHyrule, Hitagi, 7chan, and 5channel? And while you’re busy obsessing over Vergeben, care to explain how the topdown remake Vergeben predicted was exactly the title he said wouldn’t be featured? Seems a bit suspicious if you ask me, but feel free to continue your denial. Your tears of disappointment will be all the more sweeter!

>b-but Banjo has a good history with Nintendo! He’s gotta be in!
“No!”

Sorry Banjo fags, but the Microsoft rep is taken by yours truly! Why would Nintendo choose a dead character over the marketing potential of the highest grossing game of the 21st century? The DLC characters have also been confirmed to be “surprising” according to the developers, so I’m afraid your years of crying for Banjo are going to be subverted once again with the reveal of our favorite underdog! But feel free to continue your denial. Your tears of disappointment will be all the more sweeter!

>b-but my google leak!
“No!”

That leak has already been confirmed as fake by PushDustIn, but feel free to continue your denial. Your tears of disappointment will be all the more sweeter!

Attached: 1558117580469.png (1170x658, 380K)

The sad thing is this is all that some people here have to live for.

Don't.

Attached: 1558206427939.png (602x602, 445K)

Absolute Brainlet

Attached: lesbian boi.jpg (1280x720, 74K)

the sad thing is that getting their character into smash is what some people here live for

GOOD MOOOOOOOORNING Yea Forums! Just wanted to remind you that we’re another day closer to Banjo (yes, THE Banjo from Banjo-Kazooie) getting confirmed in Smash Ultimate! Make sure to save your tears for the upcoming Fighter Pass when Banjo & Kazooie walks into the spotlight!

>b-but Microsoft has a good relationship with Nintendo rn! He’s gotta be in!
“No!”

Sorry Stevefags, but the Microsoft rep is taken by yours truly!, Just because Nintendo & Microsoft are making Minecraft stuff on Nintendo's consoles & handheld's doesn't mean Steve is in, & Why would Nintendo choose a terribly animated character over a character that has been requested ever since Melee & Phil Spencer acknowledged Banjo & Kazooie being in Smash instead of Steve? Sakurai went way out of his way to talk up Persona 5 before Joker's reveal, guess what other game he's talked up? That's right it's Banjo & Kazooie back then. Don't forget that the Minecraft dev team De-confirmed that blockhead, also, the Smash Ultimate Joker showcase that came out in April, it was a green witch, hinting Banjobros & Kazooiebros are coming in Ultimate. Also, the new google leak that showed up?, that confirms Banjo & Kazooie bitches. The DLC characters have also been confirmed to be “surprising” according to the developers, so I’m afraid your years of crying for Steve are going to be subverted just like Erdrickfags, Dongobongfagget, BillyBo10k, & Virginbitch with the reveal of our favorite underdog! But feel free to continue your denial. Your tears of disappointment will be all the more sweeter & bitter!

Attached: 20190518_121814.png (1024x1024, 1.69M)

You actually bothered moving Banjo on another background.
I have to admit I'm impressed by the dedication.